- To use iTunes, you need to connect your phone to your computer through the lighninng connector (charging input) using a USB cable.
- Unlock the device so that the system detects the iOs version.
- After launching the application, it will ask you to disable the “Find iPhone” function.
- Go to the menu and disable the item “Find My iPhone”.
- You will be prompted to restore from previously saved copies. we refuse, since we need to completely clear the iPhone.
- Now it is enough to start the procedure. “Restore iPhone”.
If your phone turns off during the recovery process or is in a non-working state, freezes, gives a startup error. this program will help you. ReiBooPro is very simple and straightforward.
It also needs to be downloaded and installed on a PC and connected to the device.
- Select the required item in the menu, for example, “Fix all iOS”;
- Confirm software download and update;
- Start recovery by selecting this sub-item in the menu.
The technique itself reboots
If the apple device reboots itself (sometimes it can “give out” a white or red display), and it does this without stopping, then you can try a hard reset (Hard Reset) in accordance with the model of the device. If this did not help, then most likely there was a failure in the operating system, so an urgent smartphone recovery is required via iTunes.
Creating a backup copy. is it necessary?
Before you reset the iPhone DO to factory settings, it is worth making a backup copy of the data stored on the phone using iTunes. then, if necessary, important information can be restored. There are two ways to create a backup:
In the context menu of the AppStore, go to the path “File”. “Devices”. “Create a backup copy”.
Click the device icon in the top panel and in the “Overview” section click “Create a copy now”.
It will not be possible to “resurrect” all data using a backup copy. only the following will be available:
- Notes app content.
- Messages and call history.
- Phone settings and network settings.
Games, apps and music will not be restored.
Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
The standard reboot of iPhones of the 8, X, XS, XR and 11 series (MAX, PRO versions, including) is carried out as follows:
- Simultaneously hold down one of the volume keys and the side Sleep button;
- When the switch appears on the display, just swipe it to the side. This gesture is called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. hold without tearing). The phone should turn off;
- After waiting about 10 seconds, press the side button to turn on the iPhone.
A forced reboot is done in a few simple steps:
- quickly press and release the volume up key;
- quickly press and release the volume down button;
- press the side Power (right) and hold it until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears.
Restoring the device to factory settings
SE, 5s and older models
If the iPhone SE, 5s or earlier model is working normally, then reboot as follows:
- click on the “Power” button located in the upper right corner of the gadget;
- hold it for a few seconds;
- turn off the phone using the touch switch that appears.
If the phone freezes and does not respond, then you need to force restart the device with two keys.
- hold the buttons “Home” and “Power” at the same time for about 7-8 seconds;
- after that we wait for the logo to appear and if suddenly the screen remains dark, then press “Power” until the device turns on.
IPhone Factory Reset Precautions
But, before proceeding with the description of the ways to reset iPhone to factory settings, you need to make some warnings.
- Before proceeding with a factory reset, you need to make sure your iPhone is at least 30 percent charged. Because if it runs out of power during a factory reset, it will create additional problems for you.
- You shouldn’t do a factory reset on a jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, it may cause the smartphone to freeze when loading.
- It is highly advisable to make a backup before resetting iPhone. If necessary, this will allow you to restore important information that was on the device before the reset. In order to make a backup, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and open “File. Devices. Create a backup copy”.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings if it is locked?
While holding the volume down button, connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears. If you have a backup of iPhone data, after removing the password, restore the data and settings.
How to remove the old owner ID?
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Click “All devices” at the top of the screen.
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device].
- Click “Remove from Account”.
What happens if you reset content and settings on iPhone?
Selecting Erase Content and Settings will erase all data from your device, including credit or debit card information from Apple Pay, photos, contacts, music, and apps. ICloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center and others will also be disabled.
How to Hard Reboot on iPhone 6?
Standard hard reboot iOS device
- iPhone or iPad must be turned on.
- We simultaneously hold down two buttons. Home (round under the screen) Power (on and off).
- Without releasing them, we wait until the iPhone or iPad turns off.
- We continue to hold them until the screen lights up.
How to Hard Reset iPhone?
Erasing Data from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to the menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” Then click “Erase content and settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password when prompted. Then confirm that you want to erase the data from the device.
- Wait for the data to be erased
How to clean up iPhone trash?
How to get rid of junk and free up space on iPhone
- Perform a forced reboot
- Delete the cache in the settings
- Delete the cache in the applications themselves
- Reinstall space eating apps
- Start all over again
- Use apps to clean up space
- Take advantage of iOS capabilities.
How to reset iPhone 6 to factory settings?
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
- Back up important data If you want to keep your personal information, back up your iPhone or iPad locally to your computer using iTunes and / or a cloud copy to iCloud.
- Perform a reset Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” and click “Erase content and settings”.
Full hard reset
Hard reset iPhone is not an easy procedure that completely returns the factory settings to the gadget. It will help in cases where you have forgotten your digital password or pattern, you cannot turn off Find My iPhone. But you still cannot hack the found smartphone. if its owner has activated the search function on the Apple website, then even after a full flashing you will need a password from his Apple ID.
Return iPhone to factory settings and unlock the password using Recovery mode:
- Turn off the device. hold the power key until the shutdown slider appears.
- Press and hold the “Home” button, at this time connect the device with a cable to the PC.
- The iTunes icon will appear on the display. you have entered Recovery. Release “Home”.
- Open iTunes and Run iPhone Reset via Recovery Procedure.
When finished, disconnect the wire and restart the gadget.
In case of serious problems with the system, another bootloader mode. DFU will help. There is a complete reinstallation of the system. There are several options on how to reset and how to reset iPhone to factory settings in DFU mode:
- Press the shutdown and Home buttons at once, hold them for 10 seconds. press the shutdown button, and hold “Home” until the power-on sound appears.
- Hold the shutdown button for 3 seconds. Without releasing it, press “Home” for 10 seconds. then release the power.
- For iPhone 7 and 7: actions as in option 2, only instead of “Home”. the volume down key.
When you enter DFU mode, the device screen will remain blank, as in a disabled state. Launch iTunes and perform a deep restore, all system parameters will be reset. The process will take about 10 minutes. then you can reactivate the device or upload a backup.
How to Reset iPhone via iTunes?
If you need to reset the settings via iTunes, the first step is to turn off Find My iPhone (if activated). To deactivate on the device, follow the path “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Find iPhone” and turn the toggle switch to the “OFF” state. Then connect the gadget with a USB cable to your PC and follow these simple instructions:
Click on the “Device” icon and you will find yourself in the “Overview” section.
Click the “Restore iPhone” button.
In the window that appears, click “Restore” again. this way you confirm the request.
After that, iTunes itself will download the software to the gadget and return the original iPhone settings. When you reset the settings in this way, contacts, SMS, calendars, alarms and notes will not be affected, but you will have to say goodbye to multimedia files.
Reset iPhone via “Settings
You can reset the settings on the iPhone without connecting the gadget to the computer at all. you need to proceed as follows:
Go to “Settings” and select the “General” section.
Scroll to the end and select the “Reset” subsection.
You will see that the device offers several reset options, including:
- Factory reset on iPhone. With such an operation, all personal information that the user stored on the gadget will remain in place. But, for example, alarms and settings of standard applications will be reset. This short-term operation (reset lasts no more than 1 minute) can help with intermittent iPhone freezes.
- Erase content and settings. This type of reset is useful when an Apple user wants to gift or sell a used iPhone. The buyer receives a completely “clean” gadget without traces of preliminary use. including de-authorization of the Apple ID. Such an operation is longer and takes about a couple of minutes (depending on how cluttered the memory is).
- Reset network settings. This operation helps if, after replacing the SIM, the gadget cannot find the network of the new service provider and access the Internet via 3G. Personal information will definitely not suffer from such a reset.
Before you reset your iPhone, pay attention to these “safety rules”:
- Before resetting (especially the second, longest type), recharge the gadget at least to 25-30%. If the iPhone “crashes” while erasing data, most likely, it will have to be restored via iTunes and a cable.
- A jailbroken iPhone (eg Pangu) will end up in eternal apple mode by erasing content. Again, you will need to restore via iTunes with a preliminary introduction of the gadget into DFU mode or Recovery Mode.
Delete with password
Initially, it is important to understand which method the majority of users are using. How do I reset all settings on my iPhone? The first and most common advice is to use the standard features of the gadget. In order to use it, a person must remember or know the iPhone password. Or you will have to choose some other method of resetting the settings.
The instructions for implementing the process are as follows:
How to Reset iPhone To Factory Default
- Turn on iPhone. Be sure to wait until the mobile device is fully loaded. If the phone does not turn on, you can forget about resetting the settings using this method.
- Go to the menu “Settings”. “General”.
- Click on “Reset“.
- Select “Reset settings and content” in the menu that appears. You can click on “Reset all settings”. Then the saved data will remain intact.
- Click on “Reset all settings” again. To confirm the operation, you must enter the password for accessing the mobile device.
From now on, it is clear how you can reset the settings on “iPhone 4” or any other. But, as already mentioned, this method is relevant only when a person has a password to the device. If it is not there, it is proposed to act differently.
About Hard Reset
Any modern smartphone has the ability to force reboot and reset to factory settings. This process is usually called Hard Reset. Some people think that this option is ideal for a factory reset on an iPhone.
Unfortunately, it is not. The thing is that “Hard Reset” for such gadgets is just a way to reboot the phone. And nothing more. The method does not allow you to quickly and easily reset the settings. However, it is important to know how to get the device working again if necessary. For example, if in the process of using one of the previously listed methods of resetting parameters, a hang occurs.
Hard Reset on iPhone is done in the following way:
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time.
- Release the specified combination after the Apple logo appears.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
As a rule, this option helps to restart the phone, but it does not reset the settings. For other smartphones, using Hard Reset, it is proposed to “roll back” the operating system. This feature must be remembered by every user. Accordingly, “Hard Reset” will not help answer the question of how to reset all settings on “iPhone”.
How to reset all settings on iPhone without password?
Many people use smartphones called “iPhones”. These Apple products have won the hearts of subscribers. A multifunctional smartphone pleases with its work and capabilities. Sometimes you have to think about how to reset all settings on the iPhone. What is required for this? What process features should every user be aware of? It will not be difficult to understand the assigned tasks. It is enough to follow some instructions. They are all extremely simple and straightforward. Even a beginner can handle them.
Reset iPhone via iTunes
You can also return your phone to its original settings using iTunes. To do this, connect the gadget to your computer, open iTunes and wait until the program detects your device.
After that, you just need to go to the tab of your phone and click the “Restore iPhone” button. If you had Find My iPhone turned on, iTunes will ask you to turn it off. You just have to follow the request and disable “Find My iPhone” in the iCloud settings, and finally also refuse to select the previously saved backups. Thus, the recovery process will begin, which will completely clear your device and return the settings to standard.
Resetting all data and settings
Now that you have moved everything to a safe place, we can reset the iPhone.
- Open “Settings”, find “General” and go down, there we will see “Reset”.
- Go to the reset menu. 6 options open before us, and we are only interested in two. “Reset all settings” or “Erase content and settings”.
If you choose the first option, then you will not lose your data. photos, music, contacts, etc., but only return your phone to the initial settings. This function is needed for those who experience malfunctions of the device, for example, problems with cellular communication, Internet settings, etc. So you will return the phone to the initial settings, without losing data.
And in order to completely reset the iPhone, you need the second option. Click on it and wait for the process to complete, which will last from two minutes or more, depending on the memory load. Thus, you will be able to erase everything that was on your iPhone, from settings to private photos. Now iPhone 5 is as clean as a baby’s tear. And you can safely transfer it to other hands.
Before you reset iPhone 5 and erase its settings, you need to transfer everything to your computer. you can do this using iTunes or iTools. There is also the option of creating a backup copy in the cloud, it will suit you if you have a configured iCloud account and the phone can be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
All these simple manipulations are described in the article on creating backups, therefore, if this information is new for you, with the material, before going further.
Reset iPhone Settings and Delete Data
I don’t want to start this article with guessing why you needed to reset the iPhone, you just have to focus on the fact that the reset menu and the general reset menu are in the same place, so in the article we will combine the solution of both issues into a single whole.
Those of you who are looking for information about a regular factory reset. you can safely go down one step below and contemplate detailed instructions. For the rest of those who want to erase data from their phone, for example, for sale, we want to offer a certain sequence of actions so that they do not bite their elbows later.
If you decide, for example, to change your iPhone 5 to iPhone 6, then before that you need to complete three simple procedures: backup, reset all data and settings from iPhone 5, transfer information to a new i-gadget.
Transferring information to a new device
After resetting the settings and content on the old smartphone, we need to transfer them to the new one. For this we need the previously created backups. As you remember, there were two options. via PC or the cloud. The transfer process is very similar to restoring an iPhone from a backup, so we will not duplicate the information and just provide you with a link to the very article.
So we showed how to erase all data from your iPhone and, if necessary, transfer it to a new one. As it turned out, there is nothing complicated in this procedure. We wish you pleasant use!
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.