Brother Printer Toner Reset Guide
The manufacturers of Brother printing devices equip their equipment with a chip-type protection, which blocks the operation of the printer after the cartridge reaches its end of life. As a consequence, it is difficult to re-insert the ink tank after refilling. Because the cost of consumables is quite high, machine users have to reset the toner counter.
Procedure for zeroing the HL-1110R device
The task of the counter built into the printer is to keep track of the number of sheets that have been used. Toner bottles have their limits. When it is exceeded, the printer displays information about the need to replace consumables. Even after refilling the cartridge, the device will perceive it as empty.
To solve the problem, you will need to buy a new ink tank, but many people use an effective method. reset the toner counter on a Brother printer. It will be useful to find out how to reset the settings with your own hands, depending on the device model.
If you have a Brother HL-1110R, DCP-1512R, MFC-1810R machine, reset the toner counter as follows:
- After removing the paper, the cover opens.
- The cartridge is removed and after pressing the button on the right side, the toner is removed.
- The base (drum unit) is coming back.
- On the left of the HL-1110R there is a button that is designed to reset the counter of the Brother HL-1110R printer. You can only get it through the tray.
- Put my hand through the hole, you need to press the button to reset the counter settings.
- Do not release the keys on the HL-1110R or DCP-1512R, close the cover and wait for the mechanism inside the Brother printer to start rotating. As soon as this happens, the finger is removed, and after a second the key will need to be pressed again.
- The key of the HL-1110R, DCP-1512R device must not be released until the engine stops working.
Brother DCP-1512R Printer
Resetting the Brother HL-1110R printer can be considered successful if, after the steps taken, the machine does not display an error message. The toner is inserted back into the substrate to perform the required tasks.
It is not always possible to zero the Brother HL-1110R or DCP-1512R printer the first time. The success of the operation depends on following the instructions exactly and on how quickly you can react at the right time. Therefore, if the device continues to report the need to replace the cartridge, you will need to repeat all the steps again.
Zeroing the HL-2130R (2132R) device by software
How to reset the counter of the HL-2130R or HL-2132R using the software method? Simple actions are provided:
- First of all, the Brother HL-2132R printer must be turned on and wait until it dies down after preliminary preparation for work.
- Open the front cover, then turn off the device.
- Press and hold the “Go” button until the Brother HL-2132R (HL-2130R) machine turns on.
- After releasing the key, you should wait until the indicators go out, and then press it again 2 times.
- After 4-5 seconds, you must press “Go” 5 times in a row. As a result, the “Error” indicator should light up.
- Final step. closing the lid Brother HL-2132R.
Brother HL 2130R printers
If you do everything correctly, the Brother HL-2132R printer will reset, that is, the toner counter will be reset.
How to reset DCP-7057R
If the Brother DCP-7057R printer refuses to work, informing that a new cartridge needs to be installed, you can reset the settings using the software method.
Resetting the counter on a Brother printer is done in several steps:
- It is necessary to turn on the device and wait for it to subside.
- The cover on the front of the printer opens.
- One of the buttons is pressed. “Cancel”, “Stop” or “Back”.
- Next, you need to press “Start”.
- Press “Up” once, then press “Down” until the display shows two zeros.
- At the end, press “OK” and close the lid.
DCP-7057R Hardware Zeroing Method
To reset the DCP-7057R laser device, you can use the hardware method:
- If the display shows “Replace Toner”, remove the cartridge from the machine. Before doing this, you must turn on the device and open the lid.
- The cartridge is separated into components. toner and drum, after which the second element is put back.
- Opening sensor is clamped with a screwdriver.
- Next, you need to hold down the checkbox and press it twice for 4 seconds to simulate the presence of an inkwell. If the attempt is unsuccessful, it will be repeated.
- I pressed the checkbox, you should wait until the device dies down, after which the screwdriver is removed, and the cartridge is assembled and installed in place.
After resetting the printer, you can use it as intended.
To properly reset the settings of the printing device, you must take into account its model and follow the instructions exactly.
How to reset toner on brother printer
The Brother HL-2130R and HL-2132R printers have a built-in toner counter that counts the number of printed pages. If the Corresponding indicator is on, the printer considers that the cartridge is already empty and requires a new one. Ego doesn’t care that you fueled it 15 minutes ago.
There are two ways to reset the toner counter: software and hardware. It’s easier to program, so let’s start with it.
- Turn on the printer.
- When the engine stops making noise, open the front cover.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold down the [Start] or [GO] button and turn on the printer.
- We hold the [Start] / [GO] button until all indicators light up.
- I release the button.
- As soon as the indicators go out, press [Start] / [GO] two times. The top three indicators should light up.
- We press [Start] / [GO] 5 times. The “Error” indicator should flash.
- We close the front cover. The Ready light should be flashing. The printer is warming up and the Ready / Ready light should be on.
The same as resetting the counter of the Brother DCP-7057R printer. Here I will only give a video.
The above methods are suitable for both Brother HL-2130R / 2132R / DCP-7057R starter cartridges and regular ones. If you bought a regular one, then there is another way to reset the Brother toner counter. check the box in the cartridge to the desired position. Details. see the video at the end of the article.
Resetting the drum counter
If the printer asks to replace the drum unit (the Corresponding indicator is blinking) and at the same time prints normally, then there is no point in changing anything. You can reset the drum counter. For this:
- Turn on the printer.
- Opening the front cover.
- Hold down the [Start] or [GO] button for 4 seconds. As soon as all the indicators light up. Let go.
- Close the front cover.
Everything should work.
The end shows the correct setting of the cartridge reset checkboxes well:
Reset toner counter Brother HL-1110R and others.
Internet, gadgets and technology. Reset Toner Counter for Brother Printers
The other day a problem with the Brother MFC-1810R printer arose in relatives. After refilling the starter cartridge, the printer requires replacing the toner. To solve this problem, the printer needs to reset the toner counter. Since the TN-1075 cartridge is distributed among Brother machines, the instruction described here will work for DCP-1510R, DCP-1512R, HL-1110R, HL-1112R, MFC-1810R, MFC-1815R.
So, if your printer displays the “Change toner” error, then you need to do the following sequence of actions:
- Remove the cartridge and paper from the printer.
- Remove the toner from the housing. To do this, use the special lever on the cartridge.
- Insert only the base of the housing into the printer. On the left you will see a button to reset the counter.
- Insert your hand through the paper tray, feel and hold the button with your finger.
- Close the cover through which the cartridge is inserted.
- Wait for the mechanism inside the printer to spin. As soon as it spins, Release the counter reset button for 1-2 seconds (no more), then press it again until the mechanism inside the printer stops.
- Further two options are possible:
- If the printer clicks and displays an error “Replace toner”, then you could not catch the correct moment in the previous step (step 6). Go back to step 1 and Do all the steps again (I was able to reset the toner counter correctly only from the fourth time).
- If you did everything correctly, the device will not peep, the printer display will display the “Change toner” error. Now pull the cartridge base out of the printer, insert the toner, and then put the Assembled cartridge back in. The printer will now work until the next cartridge refill.
TIME WITH 4 OO IT WAS TURNED OUT, BUT SO I DIDN’T CAREFULLY IMMEDIATELY READ ABOUT ALL THIS “dummies”, BUT HERE IS EVERYTHING IN DETAIL AND THE MAIN THING WITH THE PICTURES VERY, WELL VERY HELPED, THANKS YOU, CHAIRMAN with brains, THAT IS HOW I HELP
The first time, lovely!
Thanks! Good advice from a good person!
Thank you, it worked the first time, helped out).
Almost all printers and all-in-one printers from Brother are equipped with a special built-in mechanism that keeps track of printed pages and blocks the ink supply when it is supposed to end. Sometimes users who have refilled a cartridge are faced with a problem in which the toner was not detected or a notification appears asking to replace it. In this case, you must reset the ink counter to continue printing. Today we’ll show you how to do it yourself.
How to reset the toner counter for your Brother printer
The following instructions will work best for most Brother printing machines as they are all similar in design and quite often equipped with TN-1075 cartridge. We’ll look at two ways. The first is suitable for users of all-in-one printer and printers with a built-in screen, and the second is universal.
Soft toner reset
Developers create additional maintenance functions for their equipment. Among them is a paint dump tool. It runs only through the built-in display, so it is NOT suitable for all users. If you are the lucky owner of a device with a screen, follow these steps:
- Turn on the all-in-one and wait for it to be ready to go. When the “Wait” message is displayed, you don’t need to press anything.
Next, open the side cover and click on the “Clear” button.
On the screen you will see a question about replacing the drum, to start the process, click on “Start”.
Close the side cover if the corresponding message appears on the screen.
Now you can go to the menu, move around it using the arrows to get acquainted with the state of the counter at the moment. If the operation was successful, its value will be 100%.
As you can see, zeroing paint through a software component is not difficult. However, not everyone has a built-in screen, and this method is not always effective. Therefore, we recommend that you pay attention to the second option.
The Brother cartridge has a reset sensor. It needs to be activated manually, then the update will be successful. To do this, you need to independently remove the components and perform other actions. The whole procedure looks like this:
- Turn on the printer, but do not connect to the computer. Be sure to remove the paper if installed.
- Open the top or side cover to access the cartridge. Do this action taking into account the design features of your model.
Remove the cartridge from the equipment by pulling it toward you.
Disconnect the cartridge and drum unit. This process is intuitive, you just need to remove the latches.
Insert the drum part back into the device as it was previously installed.
The zero sensor will be located on the left side inside the printer. You need to advance your hand through the paper feed tray and press this sensor with your finger.
Hold it and close the lid. Expect the start of the work of the apparatus mechanisms. Then release the sensor for a second and press again. Hold until engine stops.
It remains only to mount the cartridge back into the drum part and you can start printing.
If, after a two-way reset, you still receive a notification that no toner was found or ink has run out, we recommend checking the cartridge. Refuel if necessary. You can do this at home, using the instructions attached to the device, or contact the service center for help.
We have covered two available methods to reset the toner counter on Brother printers and all-in-one printer. It should be borne in mind that some models have a non-standard design and use cartridges of the second format. In this case, the best solution would be to use the services of service centers, since physical intervention in the components can provoke device malfunctions.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
Reset toner and drum counter Brother hl 2132r
The Brother HL-2132R printer has a sensor whose function is to count the number of pages that have already been printed. At the same time, he does not “care” that you have recently refilled the cartridge. The corresponding indicator will blink and indicate that it is empty, as a result of which printing on the Brother HL printer of this model will be blocked. In this case, the question arises of how to reset the toner counter Brother HL-2132R. There are two ways to perform zeroing.
Method one: hardware
- You can reset the cartridge counter on the printer from Brother, if it stopped printing due to blocking, using the hardware method. For this:
- Turn on the office equipment, wait until the mechanism stops functioning (can be determined by the subsided noise), then open the lid.
- Locate the lever to the left of the cover. Then carefully disconnect it, then try to drown it in the office equipment case.
- Now you can gently remove the cartridge and separate it from the drum unit.
- Insert the drum unit back into the printing unit and press the sensor responsible for opening the front cover with a straight screwdriver.
- Hold the flag and wait until the gears come into action. Release it, and then press it again. Repeat this action a couple of times for 4 seconds.
- After waiting for the mechanism to stop functioning, Release the sensor, which is in the case, which was previously clamped with a screwdriver.
- Pull out the lever on the left side. Attach it to the cover (front).
- Take out the drum, connect to the toner cartridge, reinstall the part, close the covers. Run a zeroed device, do a test print.
Method two: software
If the question of how to reset the Brother-HL2130R printer in the described way has not been resolved and the device still DOES NOT print, then use the software reset toner.
- To do this, you just need to turn on the device, open the cover (front) when the engine stops making noise and turn it off again.
- Press the “Start” button, turn on the device and hold one of the named buttons until all indicators do NOT start the morgue and light up.
- To further reset the counter in this way Release the “Start” button and after all the indicators go out, press “Start” 2 times.
- As soon as the 3 lights start to light, click on “Start” 5 times! If the “Error” indicator flashes, close the front cover.
- After the printer has warmed up, the Ready light should come on. Be sure to make a test print.
How to reset the counter in the drum unit?
In some cases, office equipment asks to change the drum unit. If the device prints at the same time, then it makes sense to change this part. unless, of course, the drum has no mechanical damage or defects. The best solution to the problem is to reset its counter. For this purpose, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the office equipment, open its front cover.
- Hold “Start” for about 4 seconds.
- As soon as all indicators on the panel light up. Release the previously held down button.
- Now you just have to close the device and make sure that the zeroing was successful.