Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
The standard reboot of iPhones series 8, X, XS, XR and 11 (MAX, PRO versions, including) is carried out as follows:
- Simultaneously hold down one of the volume keys and the side Sleep button;
- When the switch appears on the display, just swipe it to the side. This gesture is called “Swipe” (from the English. Swipe. hold without tearing). The phone should turn off;
- After waiting about 10 seconds, press the side button to turn on the iPhone.
A forced reboot is done in a few simple steps:
- quickly press and release the volume up key;
- quickly press and release the volume down button;
- press the side Power (right) and hold it until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears.
7, 7 Plus models
In 7 models (including Plus) iPhone, the Home button has become touch-sensitive, so the reboot methods have changed.
A standard reboot requires:
- press the off key and wait a few seconds;
- in the window that appears, confirm the action.
A forced reboot is done like this:
- it is necessary to simultaneously hold down two buttons: volume down and side, for about 6 seconds, until the display turns off;
- after this logo appears. release, iOS loading will take place in automatic mode.
6s and 6
To perform a standard 6 or 6S reboot, all you need to do is:
- press the “Sleep” button and hold until the switch appears on the screen.
- move it to the other side and the gadget will turn off.
- after about a minute, press this button again and the phone will turn on again.
For an emergency reboot of these models, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- press the “power” key and without releasing it press the “Home” key;
- keep them for a few seconds until the device turns off.
This is an extreme measure to restart Apple’s equipment and get out of the “hard freeze” if no standard procedures for updating and restoring the iOS system work. Then DFU mode comes to the rescue, aka Device Firmware Update.
How to Force Restart Your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
DFU. iPhone emergency recovery mode by installing a new “clean” firmware. The procedure completely erases (zeroes) user data, but sometimes this is the only way to restore the phone to work. The phone, being in DFU mode, does not respond to pressing in any way, and the graphical shell in this mode does not load.
The interaction of the device with the iTunes program takes place without the participation of the operating system. To enter the gadget in DFU mode, it is necessary that all buttons work. For different models, the entrance to the DPU is made in different ways.
- We connect the iPhone to the computer using a cable (original) and open the iTunes program.
- Click on the combination of buttons to activate the DFU mode.
- For models 7 and above. press the volume down key and the power button (on the side) at the same time and hold for a few seconds. Then we release the power, but keep the volume up until iTunes detects the connected smartphone;
- For iPhone 6s and smaller, press the Home and Power buttons at the same time. We hold them for about 10 seconds, then release the power button, and continue to hold the “Home” key until iTunes reacts and sees the phone.
- With the correct manipulations, iTunes will display a window about the detection of the device in recovery mode. Click “OK”.
- The next step is only to select the command. “Restore iPhone”.
Instructions on how to force restart any iPhone
In the life of every iPhone owner, there must have been a situation when the phone began to malfunction, freeze, glitch, slow down, or completely stop responding to pressing the touchscreen. Although the apple device is considered a quality product. Let’s figure out how to restart an iPhone. The procedure allows you to restore system processes and unload smartphone memory.
The manual is suitable for all models, starting from 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11. 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- How to restart iPhone depending on model
- Series 8, X, XS, XR, 11
- 7, 7 Plus models
- 6s and 6
- SE, 5s and older models
- Question answer
- Difference between hard reboot and normal
- What to do if the screen doesn’t work
- What to do if mechanical keys do not work
- Why freezes occur
- Can I reboot with Siri
- What to do if iPhone requires a password after restarting
- The technique itself reboots
- How to perform the procedure through a computer
- Recovery mode
- DFU mode
Reboot step by step
Previously, in previous versions of the iPhone, such a hard reboot was performed by simultaneously pressing 2 buttons, namely HOME and POWER. They should have been held down without interruption, until the gadget began to reboot. As a rule, this took about 15-20 seconds, but sometimes even several minutes. How is the situation now?
So how do you reset your iPhone 7? In the same way as the modification of the iPhone 7 Plus. You have to complete only 4 consecutive steps, and everything will definitely work out:
- Taking the model of the iPhone 7/7 Plus smartphone in the palm of your hand, then press the power off / on button, the one located right on the side panel, you can do this with any finger (thumb or forefinger, whichever is more convenient for you).
- Hold down the button while simultaneously finding the button with your other finger that serves to decrease the volume on the device (the so-called “Volume Down”). It should also be pressed. Make sure 100% that both of the above buttons are pressed at once at the same time.
- The reaction of the smartphone should be as follows: the screen turns off.
- The buttons can be completely released when you see the characteristic Apple logo on the screen.
Here, in fact, is the whole secret of how to restart iPhone 7 from two buttons. This is the so-called hard reset of the phone. Here it should be additionally said that the function of creating screenshots on the new version, as before, has remained unchanged, since the owner of the gadget just needs to press and subsequently hold the power button (that is, “Power”), and then touch “Home”.
When to go to the service center?
Unfortunately, users are far from always able to solve all the difficulties that arise on their own, and the knowledge of how to hard reset the iPhone 7 is not a panacea. There are a number of cases when it is better to minimize self-activity in order to exclude even greater breakdowns due to your incompetence, and, therefore, even more waste on repairs. We recommend that you immediately, without delaying too much time, contact the service center in the following cases, which are listed below:
- If you have a damaged or completely broken power button or volume down button on your phone.
- You should not wait for a miracle and contact the specialists if you have followed all the recommendations on how to force restart the iPhone 7, but the screen has not turned on, even after the reset.
- It may also happen that the screen still turns on, but even after the user has made all the recommendations on how to restart the iPhone 7 plus, but the phone still does not want to respond to commands.
- If the screen works, but the sensor does not respond at all to any gestures.
- The following development of events will also be an alarm bell: the screen is dark, but at the same time you hear the sounds of alerts, you can also feel vibration.
- Plus, it is better to turn to professionals if the smartphone freezes at different stages of switching on.
The service center masters will figure out the cause of such problems and eliminate them, preventing the complete failure of the device, which, of course, you are more interested in. It should not be denied that a hard reboot is the simplest procedure, albeit somewhat modified, however, if the combination of two buttons does not help, and the recovery mode does not help, then do not waste precious time, and go to the masters.
How to quickly and easily restart iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and save the day?
Fans of “apple” products never cease to rejoice at new gadgets. However, there are a number of technical issues that continue to worry users. A prime example of this: how to restart an iPhone 7?
Problems of the question
Since today the Home button in the newest models (namely, the latest iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus) does not have a so-called physical movement, then, in fact, it is just a formed recess in the case. At the same time, the human finger itself “does not feel” this difference, since any pressing on it is accompanied by a rather noticeable elastic click. For this one should say “Thank you” to a special engine, the company’s authoring, Taptic Engine. This transition from the classic execution of a purely mechanical key to an innovative touch solution has become the reason for the transformation of the reboot system on all mobile Apple devices.
Compared to Android smartphones, the task of how to reboot the iPhone 7 is not such a priority and demanded. Let’s say more: many owners do not even understand what is, in principle, possible. However, sooner or later, such a need may arise, as, say, in the event of failures in the functioning of Wi-Fi, network failures, or if applications are frozen. Yes, the touch button has made its own adjustments to the reset mechanism, but even now it is not much more difficult to do it than on older versions with a mechanical type “Home” key.
Note: Many have long waited for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the enhanced creations of a corporation that has become a symbol of success and mobility around the world. They have surpassed their predecessors in many ways, in particular with their water resistance, lack of a headphone jack and an improved completely redesigned “Home” button. However, while nobody can guarantee technical perfection, as well as a perpetual motion machine. Even such high-tech gadgets, like other smart devices, sometimes may not work flawlessly and freeze.
What to do if restarting doesn’t help?
Alas, the information on how to restart the iPhone 7 with two buttons is not always helpful in solving the problem. Everyone knows that, as a rule, such a forced reset is necessary if the smartphone freezes. Experts recommend using the standard reboot with the red shutdown slider for events such as:
- Network failures
- Problems connecting to wireless networks
- If the games “slow down”
- Apps are not working as expected
If you have just such a case, then it is quite possible to do without the “hard” decision, preferring the “soft” one. It is also not particularly difficult:
- Also, hold down the button on the top edge of your mobile device, approximately within a radius of 4-5 seconds.
- On the top bar at the very top of the screen, you will see the corresponding restart offer, which should be confirmed with a swipe.
But sometimes, the answer to the question “iPhone 7 is frozen, how to restart” does not guarantee that after all the manipulations, the device will come back to life. There are frequent cases, and confirmation of this can be found in social networks and on numerous forums, when, even after a reset, the phone still refuses to turn on, freezes even at the stage of displaying the Apple logo on the screen. In such a situation, there is no need to panic. As part of the article on how to reboot iPhone 7, we decided to cover an alternative solution as well. You can try to restore using iTunes. You don’t need to be a programmer or have any special skills or equipment to do this. Just remember the algorithm that even a child can handle:
- Connect your gadget to PC and open iTunes.
- Using the instructions posted above on how to reboot iPhone 7 with two buttons, reboot the device again forcibly.
- There will be one fundamental difference. in this situation, do not release the buttons (enable reduction) as soon as you see the logo on the display. Keep holding them until recovery mode is displayed on your screen.
- So, you saw the corresponding window. it means that you are on the right track. Then just click on the “Update” button. The program will automatically try to reinstall the operating system of the phone in automatic mode, and it will do this in such a way that all the actual data are saved. Be careful, because when you click on the “Restore” button, you agree to the loss of user data, which is a very unpleasant surprise for most. So the main thing here is not to rush.
As a summary
Despite numerous conversations and discussions on how to restart the iPhone 7 if it freezes, we can conclude that it is not in vain that the developers have thrown their efforts to change the current combination of forced (“hard” in other words) restart, transferring such a recovery functionality button to decrease the volume. This information is not secret, so most owners have easily adapted to this decision and do not experience any discomfort. We hope the algorithm described in this mini-tutorial will be useful for you.
You can often hear the opinion that in the near future, the following models of this legendary brand will be produced without a home button at all (that is, the good old “Home”), that is, it will cease to exist as a separate element, and everything is going to this already now It can be assumed that someday it will integrate with the display and become an integral part of the sensor, but for now we are only wondering in which generation of the iPhone this will happen. We will wait and see, and in any case you already know how to reboot the iPhone 7 plus yourself and cope with it, we are sure, “excellently”!
How to wake up iPhone 7?
IPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
What to do if iPhone XR is frozen?
How to Force Restart iPhone iPhone XS / XR
Factory Reset. iPhone 7 / 7 Plus (Reset to Factory Settings)
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the device reboots.
How to do a hard reboot?
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time until you get the Android bootloader menu.
- In bootloader menu, use volume buttons to switch between different options and power button to enter / select.
How to Hard Reboot iPhone?
How to Hard Reset iPhone 7
- The device must be turned on.
- At the same time, we hold down and hold two buttons. Power (on) and “Volume down”.
- Continue to hold both keys until the screen turns black, and then the Apple logo appears.
- Letting go of the buttons.
How to Turn off iPhone 7 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
So how do you turn off your iPhone if the sensor isn’t working? Take the device in your hands and simultaneously hold down the lock button and the “Home” key. Keep them pressed until the smartphone screen turns off. If you are using the seventh iPhone, then instead of the Home button, you will use the volume down key.
How to Turn Off iPhone 11 If the Screen Doesn’t Work?
- Press and hold the volume up or down and the side button until the Power off slider appears.
- Move the slider and then wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
How to restart iPhone 7 if the screen is frozen?
How to turn off iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max without using buttons
In order to turn off the device, you need to press and hold the volume up button together with the side button for a few seconds until screens with sliders appear.
In addition, in iOS 11 and newer versions of the software, the “Turn off” option also appeared in the “Settings” application (at the very bottom of the General section).
How to turn off or restart iPhone if the power button doesn’t work.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 6s and 6
A violent restart of the operating system is used for serious and sudden problems. The manufacturer does not recommend it for a regular reboot, which must be done periodically. The procedure follows the standard algorithm:
- It is necessary to simultaneously press the “Off” keys. and Home. The latter has a built-in sensor for fingerprint recognition.
- The darkened display will soon be replaced by a company logo.
- When it spins, they can be released. This means that the start of the operating system has been activated.
How to Soft reset / Restart IPhone 7/7
Important! This technique is used to restart iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Both versions have a mechanical Home key.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings?
How to restart iPhone 10
One of the differences of this iPhone model from, for example, series below 7, is the absence of the “Home” button. precisely, it is, but sensory, and when the sensor system of the gadget hangs, it is impossible to use it. Then restarting the iPhone looks like this:
- Press the mechanical volume down button on the side panel and release it abruptly.
- Press the mechanical volume up button and release it abruptly.
- The third step is to hold down the iPhone power button for 10-15 seconds until the screen darkens, turns off completely, and the famous Apple logo appears again.
Turning on the device after restarting iPhone 10 happens automatically.
Keyboard shortcut to restart iPhone 8
With the release of this line of smartphones, the company has made a final change in the key combinations designed to perform a forced restart of devices. To execute it, you will need to use 3 keys and press them in a strictly defined sequence.
- Press and release quickly “Volume Up”.
- Repeat the procedure with “Volume Down”.
- Press and hold the side “On” button before the appearance of the “apple” logo.
Important! The process should be fast, especially the first 2 points. Manipulation repeats system restart in more modern models.
How to Hard Reboot on iPhone 10?
Here is the Steps to Force Restart iPhone X.
- Hold the volume up button and quickly release
- Press and quickly release the volume down button
- Hold the power button until the smartphone screen darkens and then displays the Apple logo.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 7?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the device menu in the “Settings” “General” “Reset”.
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password to confirm.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings if forgot password without computer?
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
How to Hard Reboot on iPhone 11?
If the gadget is not responding or you just want to quickly restart your smartphone: press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then hold down the side button and do not release until the iPhone restarts.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Using Buttons?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- So to implement a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
How to reset iPhone 7 with buttons?
To reset the seventh iPhone, you need to simultaneously hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons. Keep holding them until the iPhone reboots and shows the bull’s-eye on the screen. When the Apple logo appears, release both keys. After that, you should see the initial settings screen.
How to install apps on Chinese iPhone 7?
You just need to go to the website http://iPhone.i4.cn from your iOS device and install the application. Yes, exactly. Chinese App Store
- Click on the green button and get the program icon on your desktop.
- Open and search in the search for what you need.
- Installed and works.