How to scan photos from a scanner to a computer. How to make a scan through a printer. How to scan a photo to a computer from a scanner. Instructions and helpful tips
Often, people who have accumulated a large number of old photos are looking for an answer to the question of how to Scan a photo so that the result is as similar as possible to the original. In general, scanning photos into a computer is a fairly simple procedure, which, however, requires a serious and competent approach. The main thing in this business is the sequence of actions, otherwise, the scanned drawing will NOT meet your expectations.
So, to solve the issue related to how to Scan a photo to a computer from a printer, you need to set up the scanner itself. First, you need to make sure that both the PC and the device are working normally. If the printer equipped with a scanner does not work, then check its connection to the mains, including the UPS and the outlet. Also, make sure the connector where the cable is plugged into is tight enough. Check to see if the USB cable is plugged into a working port and, just in case, carefully read the instruction manual of your all-in-one.
To scan the image, find software specifically designed for the process. Click on “Start” and call up the list with installed programs. If you have special software and you cannot find the installation CD, then download a proven program from any reliable web resource or use the simple built-in utilities. Windows has a program called Windows Fax and Scan. you can find it using the search bar found in the Start menu.
Open a program that will help you solve a problem like “how to scan a photo to a computer from a scanner.” You can start it by double-clicking on the corresponding icon or by pressing the scan button located on your device. After that, you will be asked to place the required original on the surface of the scanner. in our case, this is a photograph.
Take and place the photo face down on the surface of the device, first opening its cover, and then carefully align it. In this case, focus on the markup indicated on the device. After that, close the lid and press the button responsible for scanning on the multifunction device itself, or started this process directly from special software.
But to answer the question of how to scan photos, simply starting the scanning process will not be enough. Therefore, after you put the images on the scanner, you need to set the optimal options. Among the scanning modes, the following are usually presented:
- Shades of gray
- Black and white
In addition, decide on the digital format in which you want to save the scanned image, for example, it can be JPEG.
After making the settings for the scanned photo, use the preview function. Thanks to it, you can look in advance at the result of the scanning process with the set parameters. If something doesn’t suit you, make changes and use this function again. Also, use the preview to determine the format, orientation and resolution of the photo. A parameter such as resolution affects the clarity of the scanned image. Therefore, if you want to make it detailed and sharp, then select “High Resolution”. But keep in mind that such an action will result in a significant increase in the size of the finished file, which you will probably have to reduce before sending it by e-mail. As for the orientation, this parameter can be portrait and landscape.
Click on “Scan” (in some programs “Finish”) after you have set all the options you want and use the preview option. Then use your scanning software to guide you through the rest of the process.
In the end, you will need to save the scanned photo in any folder in accordance with the annotation. If necessary, we will rename it right away, but if you have a lot of images that need to be scanned, then it is better not to waste time on this.
- If you want to learn how to properly Scan photos so that the result is really impressive, then the lot of this process is more time. To do this, check out further tips.
- If possible, try to scan directly from film. The image quality in this case will be really impressive, but a special scanner is needed here, which is not so cheap. Its purchase will be advisable only when you need to digitize a large number of all kinds of photographs.
- Try to Scan in such an option as 24 Bits. you can set this parameter in the list of color settings. This option is considered the most suitable for high-quality scanning of any images.
- It is not recommended to flip the digitized image using Special Programs. The fact is that such an action will negatively affect the quality of the photo you just scanned. Therefore, Scanning a photo in the desired orientation is necessary initially. this is the only way to preserve its quality as much as possible.
- Whenever possible, try to save the finished image in formats such as PNG or TIFF. In all other formats, the image may lose quality, especially in JPEG, which, as a rule, takes up relatively little disk space.
- Be sure to use the settings that allow you to set saturation and levels. Otherwise, if you decide to use these parameters after the photo has been digitized, you may degrade its quality. In general, saturation and levels can be used to change the colors of the picture and even restore faded photos.
- To recover the scanned photo, resort to graphic editors, for example, “Photoshop”. Those. Using automatic correction to solve this problem is not recommended.
How to scan a document to a computer with an all-in-one printer
How to scan a document to a computer with an all-in-one printer
The point is that the device is not designed for scanning. This type of technique performs only the function of printing. But a multifunctional device (all-in-one printer) can scan a photo, passport and other documents.
But how to scan if the required driver package is missing on the computer? Many users simply connect a scanning device to a PC, and the Windows 7 operating system independently determines which driver is needed, and then installs it.
Any all-in-one printer can scan, regardless of the manufacturer and model of equipment. The main thing is the connection of the multifunctional device with the PC and the presence of a scanner.
How to scan an image or document?
In order to get started, you need to go to “Start” and from the list, which is located on the right side of the menu, select the section responsible for devices and printers.
After clicking on it with the mouse, a window will open where the model of the connected device should be indicated. (Example all-in-one printer HP LaserJet M1530 all-in-one printer)
There should be a green check mark on the printer icon, which indicates that the printing equipment is ready for work. Click on the right button of the computer mouse on the icon with the printer and in the menu that appears, select the task “Start scanning”. After that, all that remains is to set the Appropriate settings and select the appropriate scan parameters. To work with text documents, a black and white scanning option is provided, but for processing photos and color posters, you will have to experiment with the settings.
It should be noted that the higher the scan resolution, the clearer the resulting image will be. But the weight of the final file will be much more. This should be taken into account if it becomes necessary to send it by email in the presence of a slow Internet and expensive traffic.
And even if you have a monochrome printer, which is designed for black and white printing, then the scanned picture will still turn out in color.
How to scan from printer to computer
EPSON L355 with CISS (Click to enlarge)
Scanning documents and photos from your printer to your computer is easy. For this you need:
- Install drivers for your all-in-one printer. I wrote about this in detail in two articles below:
If you have a disc that came with the device, you can use it. Disconnect the printer from the computer, insert the disc into the drive and run the file with the [.Exe] extension (usually Setup.Exe). Following the wizard’s hint.
- Place the document on the scanner glass. In the vast majority of cases, put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY Multifunction Printers, face up.
- Turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
- We scan. You can use different ways here:
- Go to the path “Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers”. Click on the printer icon with the right mouse button and select “Start Scanning”. In the window that opens, set the necessary parameters, click “View” and if everything suits us, click “Scan”.
- Open special scanning software that is installed on the computer with the driver for your all-in-one printer (for example Epson Scan). Usually a shortcut appears for it on the desktop. There you can open the settings and set the desired.
- Paint. This utility is bundled with Windows. You can start it by opening the Start menu. All Programs. Accessories. Paint. Expanding the File menu (or click on the down arrow button in Windows 7). We select “From a scanner or camera”. In the window that opens, you can select the type of scanned image. If there is no time and you need to quickly scan something, we immediately select the desired type and click “Scan“. If you have time, you can select “Adjust the quality of the scanned image” and set more appropriate settings.
DPI. Resolution or dots per inch. The more. the higher the quality of the image, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more it will “weigh” and take up space on the disk of your computer. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan a document.
- 100-200 dpi. if you need it quickly and you will not recognize documents.
- 300-400 dpi. suitable if you need to recognize text.
- 500-600 dpi. if you need the smallest details of the document.
At 600 dpi, the father scans old family photographs that he can get his hands on. There you need a maximum resolution because the quality of a photo from 20-30-40 years is “not very”.
It’s convenient for me to Scan at 300 dpi. The photo quality is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance here. You can always lower the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphics editor Paint. But you won’t be able to increase the resolution. Have to scan again.
Scan with pleasure.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
HOW TO MAKE A SCAN FROM A PRINTER TO A COMPUTER.
So how to carry out such a procedure?
What you need to scan?
It is necessary to include brains and concepts that the author wanted to say when I call all-in-one printer in one word.
The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will take to process or scan a document. When you install the printer software, it may create a Scanned Documents folder on your computer. You can also use other applications on your computer to understand how to Scan a document to your computer using a Canon scanner.
What to do if the device does NOT scan
The all-in-one printer may be waiting for a copy to be queued for printing just when you need to scan something. The general device driver (for both the printer and the scanner) may have become corrupted. Before taking the device to the service, try connecting it to a second PC, installing drivers and scanning something.
How to deal with this? Scan and save on your computer, of course.
Once it opens, look for “import”. It will be best if you optimize the image parameters. To do this, click on “file”, find the item “save” or “save as” and select a location (folder).
What you need to start scanning documents to your computer?
Scanning is essential Not only for sending documents over the Internet, but also for saving old photographs in digital format. With the help of special programs installed on your computer, you can scan a document in a matter of minutes. The document must be placed evenly according to the pointers on the scanner surface.
Most copiers, including both inkjet and laser printers, can transfer scanned information to a computer. Today the question sounds a little different: what devices cannot make photocopies and send scanned information from a printer to a computer? To find out if the device has a scanner and copier, it is best to look at its characteristics. At home, in everyday life, a scanner is needed no less, because helps to quickly and easily digitize pictures, photos and documents, transferring them to a computer. In any case, it is important to understand that you cannot do without a specialized program that will be responsible for the scanning process. Press the “start” button (in the printer and copier) or “copy”, if it is an all-in-one printer, and then “start”. Take finished copies from the receiving tray, remove the original from the scanning compartment. Even if your device does NOT scan, and do not rush to fix problems yourself.
It can also recognize tables.
Windows System Capability
Next, you need to find the current scanner, which must be connected to the computer. It also saves time by evaluating the accuracy of the procedure. For example, you need to set a save location that is convenient for the user.
Be sure to remove the cover, it will get in the way during the procedure. At the bottom, click “Scan”, Wait for the machine to finish recognizing the file. Then check the picture and click “Save”. Using the frame, select the area with the image (the passport itself), empty fields Must be outside of it.
The point is that the device is not designed for scanning. But how to scan if the required driver package is missing on the computer? Many users simply connect a scanning device to a PC, and the Windows 7 operating system independently determines which driver is needed, and then installs it. And even if you have a monochrome printer, which is designed for black and white printing, then the scanned picture will still turn out in color.
Make sure your Canon printer has a scanner. If the printer is an all-in-one printer, then it has a scanner. Most Canon printers that scan documents can be connected wirelessly using the touch panel, but it will be better if you connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable. Click on Scan.
Next, we place the document or image in the compartment for scanning so that the side with the content (text, picture, etc.) is turned towards the glass. The next step is to enable the all-in-one printer, but in fact it may already work and should not be disabled after each scan. Now you can Scan.
In this article we will talk about how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and what you need to do. That’s it, a scanned copy of a document or photo on your computer. Place the document you want to scan on the computer with the front side on the glass, that is, with text. To see what your scanned document will look like, click Preview. If you want to establish a wireless connection, you will need to use the display on your printer to connect it to the same network as your computer. Click the “Scan” or “Preview” button at the bottom of the Canon scanner dialog box. The printer will show you what your scanned document will look like in the printer application window. Insert the document you want to scan into the scanner.
If you want to scan the file well, it is not worth making changes to the settings during the process or Lift the lid.
In this article, I will show in detail, in screenshots, how to scan your document (an example of a certificate). So let’s get started. If you don’t like something, press back and correct it by performing the above described actions.
For a long time, a printer, scanner and copier have been combined into one multifunctional device. the so-called all-in-one printer. They differ Not only in design, but also in speed, quality of work and other properties. Connect the scanner-printer to the computer, install the device driver and you can start working. How do I scan from a Stylus CX 4100 printer? It’s very simple. How to scan to a printer in different modes?
We select the item “From a scanner or camera”. If this menu item is not active, then the scanner is not ready yet or not connected. If necessary, you can edit it with the Paint tools, for example, highlight something with color, outline, etc.
How to scan a document
Recently, the cost of peripheral computer devices has been decreasing with each new generation. For example, until recently, a person with an average income in buying a laser printer for a home computer could only dream, but now they have to choose between a good inkjet model and a budget laser printer. The price reduction process has NOT bypassed seemingly office devices such as scanners. Anyone can afford to buy a model with a CIS matrix.
Finally, after a long search, the scanner is bought, brought home and taken out of its colorful packaging. The first question that arises from the owner is “How to Scan a Document?” First of all, we note that scanning is a completely safe process for both the user and the device itself, so it can be repeated as many times as you like, there will be no losses (unlike printers).
Before scanning a document, you need to prepare the device for use. To do this, you need to follow a series of steps: connect the scanner power supply, connect it to the computer, install the driver. The control driver is located on the disk attached to the device. If it is absent, then you need to find a sticker with the model name on the case and download the program from the developer’s website.
Usually, after preparation, each user has a desire to figure out how to Scan a photo to a computer. It is a photo (picture) and only then. a document. Open the top cover of the scanner (relevant for popular flatbed varieties) and place the image on the transparent glass with the image down. Usually in the upper right corner (there is a key label). By the way, whoever is looking for how to Scan text, not pictures, should remember the rule: any documents are placed in the scanner, characters down. The scanning mechanism passes under the glass! After placing the letter (book, photo), close the lid. The less external light hits the glass during operation, the higher the quality of digitizing. Sometimes the question is not how to scan a document from A4 sheet, but how to digitize information from a voluminous book. In this case, Placing the spread sheets on the scanner glass one by one, and cover the resulting open areas with thick paper.
Next, we launch the program. This can be the driver’s user interface or ABBYY’s third-party FineReader. For those for whom it is more important to understand how to Scan a document, it is recommended to choose FineReader, since this application has great capabilities. However, it must be downloaded and installed on your computer. Startup is standard: open the “Start” button menu by following in “ABBYY. FineReader” or, if it is decided to work directly through the driver, then, for example, “Canon. ScanGear” (depends on the scanner).
In FineReader, click “Scan” and preview it. This will result in a black and white image. With the help of the mouse, drag the dotted lines, Selecting the desired area. this will speed up the digitizing process. Then, in the same window, press “Settings” (“Settings”) and set the Desired characteristics: resolution in dpi, brightness, color mode. The higher the resolution value, the higher the quality. For simple text, 150-300 dpi is enough, but for photographs it is advisable to choose more. True, this setting directly affects the scanning speed, so do not forget to set it according to the type of source. Don’t forget about the “Save” button.
Now click “Scan”. After passing the scanner carriage, the desired image will appear on the screen. If we are talking about a photo, then now in the menu select “Save as image”, indicating the target folder, type the name of the file. If the text was scanned, then you need to click the “Recognize” button. After that, the recognized text will appear on the right side of the screen, which can be saved as a file or sent to Word.
How to scan a photo to a computer
Scanning photos allows you to convert a physical image to an electronic one. The purpose of the scan can be different. Sometimes you need to send photos to the second person by email or other means. But scanning will be more relevant if necessary, saving old photos. Over time, the paper changes properties, deteriorates, turns yellow. To save the photo for a very long time, you can make a scan of the picture to a computer. The electronic file is not subject to wear and tear. In addition, when scanning, you can set parameters that can improve the quality of the photo. lighten or darken, make more or less contrast. If there are spots or defects, the photo in electronic format can be edited in different programs for working with graphics.
You can scan a photo to a computer through a scanner or printer, more precisely, a multifunctional device (all-in-one printer), which includes three devices at once. printing, scanning and copying (copier). Digitization is possible by standard means of the Windows 7-10 operating system or by additionally installed programs (third-party or Official from manufacturers).
Preparing to scan
To scan photos or other media you need:
- Make sure the device can perform the scanning function. There are no questions with an independent scanner, as it is intended for this. But the printer itself cannot be scanned. In the latter case, it is important that the device is multifunctional, that is, to be a 3-in-1 printer. to contain both a scanner, a printer and a copier. You can verify this from the documentation for the technique, or simply try to lift the top cover. If there is glass under it, then scanning, as well as photocopying, can be carried out.
- Correctly connect the scanner or printer to the computer. If a connection to a PC is not always necessary for the printer to work, for example, when a technician can print from a USB flash drive or by phone, then for the scanner to work, you must connect to a computer. The task for scanning and sending the finished scanned copy of the photo will be carried out from and to the computer, respectively. In most cases, the connection is made via a USB cable. To detect and operate the scanner, you will need to additionally install a driver, if Windows itself will NOT automatically install the software. The driver is installed from a disk, which comes with the equipment, or is downloaded from the manufacturer’s official website.
Scanning via standard Windows tool
Lift the cover of the device. Place the Photo to be Scanned on the glass, using the directional arrow that indicates where the top of the paper should be. Photo must be face down.
Go to the “Devices and Printers” window. To do this, first open the “Run” window with the “WindowsR” key combination. Then enter and execute the command “control printers”.
Find the icon for the machine you want. If the device is ready for use, the Not icon will be slightly transparent and does not contain any warning signs next to it.
Right click on the icon and select “Start Scan”
The Windows built-in scanner wizard opens. In the window, you can configure parameters that affect the scanning process and the final quality of a digital copy of a photo.
- At the very top of the window, using the “Change” button, you can select another scanner for work. If only one device is connected, then the choice will initially be correct. But when several different peripherals are connected for scanning, then the system may choose the wrong technique. Ideally, you should set the default scanner or printer so that Windows always selects the required scanner.
- Profile. With each new scan, you have to set the parameters again. Creating a new profile allows you to save the characteristics At the next scan, simply select the desired profile and all settings will be automatically substituted in accordance with the internal parameters of the profile. If you have to scan many documents of different types, then you can set the required number of profiles.
After setting all the parameters, you can click on the “Scan” button and the scanner will start up.
When the scan is completed, the system will offer to save the scanned copy. Give the file a name and click “Import”.
In Windows 10, by default, the scan will go to the standard “Pictures” directory, inside which a folder called the current date will be created.
The save path can be changed in the import window, clicked on the link “Additional parameters”.
Change the save location if necessary. It is also possible to disable the creation of a folder for a scan. In the “Folder name” point, specify “Net”.
Other standard programs
Windows versions 7-10 have other built-in software that allows you to scan.
Many are accustomed to using the standard graphics editor Paint only for simple design of pictures or signatures. But inside the program there is an image acquisition function.
Start Paint in any way. In Windows XP, go to the Start menu and open the software in the Accessories folder. On newer Windows, search for the editor.
Through the “File” menu, click on the item “From Scanner or Camera”.
Make basic settings.
An extended set of settings is available after clicking on the link “Adjust the quality of the scanned image”.
Make a preview and then scan. The scan will appear as an image in the open Paint window.
Even if the photo was originally placed incorrectly inside the scanner, rotation is available in the editor. You can also make signatures text, resize and more.
Saving is done through the “Save As” item inside the “File” menu.
Choose the format that will provide the best quality. BMP or PNG. JPG will also give good quality, but in comparison with previous formats it does not hold up, the size, of course, will be smaller.
Manufacturers offer utilities in addition to the standard software package. The backend may vary, but it’s intuitive. The parameter list is also almost always the same.
The software is installed either immediately with the drivers, or separately by running the installation file on the disk. All programs are available for download from the official resources of the companies.
- HP Scan. Programs from the company of the market leader in printing equipment Hewlett-Packard. The interface is almost identical to the standard Windows scan tool.
- Epson Scan. Like the previous software, it was developed by the Epson brand to work with its products. The settings are the same, the interface is simple even for a beginner in using a PC.
Third party programs
If you need to more flexibly configure the scanner and manage the received document, for example, immediately send a file by E-mail, then it is proposed to use specialized programs for scanning.
The program is known and widely used due to the built-in functionality that allows you to recognize text and tables from images. There are several versions of the program, which differ in capabilities, the price for each version is different, and the cost of the maximum package exceeds 30 thousand g.
It has both advantages and disadvantages. There is no point in buying software for regular scanning. useful for professional work. Also allows Scan to PDF from multiple sheets.
A well-known application that even manufacturers of equipment recommend. If you need to be flexible and customize the quality, then the software can do what you need. The program supports the work of most brands, models of multifunctional and scanning devices. Has a built-in optical character recognition function. converting images into text.
A free program that is available for download on the official website of the OpenOCR developer. Has minimum system requirements, does not load the computer and works quickly.
Built-in text recognition engine. Before scanning in the program, you can correct the scan area, crop if necessary, and make color correction. After scanning, you can work with the text directly in the CuneiForm window.
The program allows you to significantly speed up scanning by selecting a limited processing area. For example, if a 10×15 photograph is being read, then there is no need to scan the entire area. In the settings, you can set the desired size and the scan will be faster. For 10 by 15 photos, A6 is most suitable.
Open the scanner lid and referring to the markings, put the photo in the right place. There may be marks on the case that indicate what size of paper is being placed in a particular area.
If there are such marks, then the photo must be placed in the corner where the arrow is located (indicates the beginning of the scanner stroke).
On the “Scanning” tab, be sure to set the quality (“excellent” is recommended, which equates to 600 dpi) and select the color. For photos it is better to choose color scanning.
To start the process, click on the “Scan page” button. When you need to scan many pages, for example, transfer a lot of photos from an old album, then it is better to use the streaming scan function. Click on the corresponding button. A window will appear where you need to set the time interval, which is enough for you to change the photo.
When the time has elapsed, scanning will be performed automatically and the timer will restart. If necessary, press “Enter” and the scan will be done without waiting.
When all digital images of the photo are created, you can click on “Finish”. After that, the scans will be displayed and a simple formatting bar will appear. Optionally, you can use the built-in toolkit.
To save the file, press the “CtrlS” combination. Choose quality, format, create or select an existing folder where all scanned documents will be.
How to scan documents to a computer through a printer
Scanning documents. transferring information from a physical medium into an electronic form. You can make a scan with a separate device (scanner) or use the all-in-one printer (multifunctional device). The latter technique includes several devices and is often called a 3-in-1 printer. It includes a printer, scanner and copier (copier). In both cases, scanning any document is very easy.
It doesn’t matter what operating system is installed. The scanning procedure for Windows 10, 7, 8 and even older XP is the same. The only difference can be in the software of the device itself. The scan function can be found in different items in the driver menu. Despite this, finding the function you want is not difficult. Manufacturers release programs that are intuitive, even for novice PC users.
Below is a step-by-step instruction on how to scan documents from a printer to a computer. Actual article for SEPARATE scanners. It is easy to make sure that it is possible to make scan copies through the printer. look in the documentation for the equipment or lift the top cover of the machine. If there is a transparent glass under the latter, then you can both Scan and make photocopies of documents. It means that you are the owner of the all-in-one technique.
Preparing to scan
First you need to properly install the scanner on your computer.
In most cases, after connecting the printer to a computer via a USB cable or air connection (Wi-Fi), Windows will automatically detect the device, search for and install drivers. After the installation is complete, the device will appear in the list of all equipment in the “Devices and Printers” item. The printer icon should be “light” and contain any icons (for example, exclamation marks) next to it.
The situation is different with the installation, when nothing is automatically executed. Then you need to use a disc, which often comes with equipment, and contains the driver necessary for the operation of all components of the device.
Insert the disc into the drive. If the setup does not start automatically or the menu does not open, then for “My Computer” open the disk in Explorer and run the installation file. Next, step by step, Agreeing with the installation wizard, Finish copying the driver files. After that, additional shortcuts may appear on the desktop to launch the software, in which you can perform various actions, for example:
- View the level of ink in containers;
- Do cleaning of printer units;
- Start scanning;
- Align printheads and a variety of other features that differ for each printer model.
In order for the technique to serve for a long time, and on the scan there were no traces of dust, dirt, it is necessary to gently wipe the glass surface with a dry cloth or paper towel, napkin.
What can be scanned
You can scan any media that does NOT interfere with the closing of the top cover. Of course, ordinary sheets of paper are always scanned, and you can digitize small paper carriers (brochures, money, passport, photographs and others), plastic elements, books.
How to make a scan on a printer
Let’s take a look at the process of creating a scan on an all-in-one printer HP Deskjet 2130. The model is very old, but the principle of scanning will be similar to other printers. You just need to turn on the printer, put the media under the cover, start scanning on your computer in any convenient way.
How to scan a document:
- Turn on the device, wait for it to start. The device should make some noise for a few seconds and stop making sounds. Then you can scan.
- Raise the printer cover. Place a piece of paper (or other object) in line with the icon. The guide shows how to position the paper correctly so that the finished scan of the document is in the correct position, and not flipped, upside down.
The HP 2130 printer driver includes a program, inside which there is also the ability to scan for which there is a separate item. The software is installed by default along with the Firewood installation.
Launch the program and after opening the Print & Scan menu select Scan. The HP Scan Utility starts.
Select the desired scan option. Set suitable parameters for the document and click on “Scan”.
The printer will scan the media and offer to save the document to any location, preset the desired file name.
You can open the scan with any graphics editor, but the easiest way is to use the standard “Image Viewer”.
Scanning software from manufacturers
To ensure easy work with equipment, manufacturing companies develop special software. All possible functions are available in the software interface for controlling a specific model of the device.
Features may vary slightly depending on brand. But the basic set of settings / parameters is almost always identical. You can set the scan resolution, select the color (b / w or color scan), format (png, jpeg, jpg, pdf and others).
List of utilities for scanning:
- HP Scan;
- Epson Scan;
- Xerox Easy Printer Manager;
- Canon MF ToolBox.
For Kyocera and Samsung firms there is also software, you can download from the official sites or install from the bundled CD.
Scanning with Paint
Start the graphics editor Paint. You can open the program by using the search in Windows 8-10. On Windows XP, open the “Start” menu, find the “Accessories” folder, inside which there will be Paint.
Then open the main editor menu and select “From a scanner or camera”.
A scanning window will open, where you can select the color of the picture, perform a preview, immediately scan and even adjust the quality (resolution, brightness and contrast).
Press “Scan”, wait for the operation to complete. A digitized image will appear in the working area of the editor.
Saving the file is done in the main menu through the “Save As” item, where several formats are offered to choose from (bmp, png, jpeg, gif and others).
This option allows you to Scan to PC from the printer as quickly as possible. If necessary, you can immediately format the scan using Paint, which are offered on the top panel of the editor.
The utilities below are practically no different from the official software. The only difference is in Some programs, which are designed to make scans in a certain format, for example, in PDF format.
- Finereader. The software is paid, but there is a trial “free” version and an online tool. Available to work with many languages. In addition to simple scanning, it can recognize scanned text and translate the document into a format for further editing.
- Winscan2pdf. In the free program, the narrow focus is Scan to PDF. Most often used when working online.
- Ridoc. It is useful for those who often need to receive scanned documents in a variety of formats. If there is such a need for comments, then it is easier to use the standard tool or other simpler analogs.
- Vuescan. In terms of functionality, it is similar to all previous programs. There is a built-in image-to-text converter.
- Cuneiform. Recognizes text and tables from scans, has a wide range of settings to adjust the final quality of the scan. Free download from the Internet.
- Scanline. Small and easy to use utility. Contains a minimum of settings, you can get a scan in just a couple of clicks.
We scan the passport
- Take off the cover, take out all the excess from the passport.
- Place the document on the glass and press down well with the lid. Make sure that the edges of the sheets are not jammed.
- In the scan settings, select the format for the best quality (bmp or tiff). Set the resolution to the maximum available.
Photocopy without photocopier
In the absence of an all-in-one printer, but having two SEPARATE devices for printing and scanning, you can easily make a copy of the passport.
- First, the passport will be digitized onto a computer.
- Next, print a scan of the passport on a printing device.
The result will be no different if standard photocopying was done.
There are many reasons why a scanner or printer is not working. The easiest way to identify and fix the problem is to run the standard Windows troubleshooter. Troubleshooting opens via the context menu of the problem device.
How to scan to an HP printer
Scanning of documents can be both necessary and everyday. Methodological materials for lessons in an educational institution can be equated with the necessary, but the second case may concern, for example, the preservation of family valuable documents, photographs and the like. And this is done, as a rule, at home.
Scanning to an HP printer
HP printers and scanners are a very popular technique among ordinary users. Such a product can be found in almost every home, where at least one person needs to scan documents. Such a device will perform even the above-described household need quickly and in several ways. It remains to figure out which.
HP package software
First, you need to consider programs, at least by the example of one, which are provided directly by the manufacturer itself. You can download them on the official website or install from disk, which must be included with the purchased device.
- First, connect the printer. If this is a simple model, without a Wi-Fi module, then we use a regular USB cable for this. Otherwise, a wireless connection will suffice. The second option is to make sure that both the scanner and the PC are connected to the same network. If the device is already configured and functioning, then this step can be skipped.
After that, you need to open the top cover of the scanner and put a document there, which must be transferred to electronic or paper media. Mandatory face down.
At this point, the consideration of this method can be completed.
Button on the scanner
Most HP printers that perform scanning have a dedicated button on the front panel that opens the scan menu. It’s a little faster than searching and running the program. No custom features The detailed settings are NOT lost.
- First you need to repeat all the points from the first method, but only up to the second inclusive. Thus, we will carry out the necessary preparation for scanning the file.
- Next, we find the “Scan” button on the front panel of the device, and if the printer is completely Russified, you can safely search for “Scan”. Pressing this button to launch a special program on the computer. The procedure under consideration itself will begin immediately after the user clicks the corresponding button on the computer.
As a result, this method is more convenient, but not always available.
Third party programs
For more advanced users, it is NOT a secret that third-party programs can be connected to any printing device that will control it. This is also true for the HP scanner.
- First you need to complete the first two steps from “Methods 1”. They are mandatory, so they are repeated for any event.
- Next, you need to download a special program that partially performs the work of the official product. Such a need may arise if the original disk is lost, and there is simply no opportunity to download a software product. Analogs are also simply smaller in size and contain only the necessary functions, which allows an inexperienced user to quickly figure it out. You can find the best options for such software on our website.
This method is quite convenient, because it does not take much time to master the program.
We can make a simple conclusion that any file can be scanned on HP equipment in three different ways, which are practically equivalent to each other.