How to scan a document to a computer: step by step instructions
To scan through the MFP, you need to do the following:
- Place the document you need in the device frame.
- Press the button on the printer responsible for scanning.
- Configure the parameters, the window with which will appear on the screen automatically.
- Save electronic version of paper.
- Find “Start”
- Find the category “Fax and Scan”
- We carry out the procedure.
Control Center 4 software
This application is a specialized tool whose task is to scan and transfer all kinds of paper using fax.
How to properly scan through a scanner
- First, you need to open the program menu and select the item “From a scanner or camera”
- Then you need to set the procedure settings. It depends on this step what kind of picture you get as a result: color, or B / W.
- We start the procedure and save the resulting digital version of the drawing.
Fax and Scan
To perform the procedure for scanning through a scanner using a program and a fax, you will need to do the following sequence:
- Installing the document in the printer frame.
- Using a computer, launch the “Start” section.
- In the section that appears with the list of applications, you need to find a picture of the program, the image of which looks like a white arrow enclosed in a circle.
- If such an application is not found in the section, you should search for it yourself. You should right-click on the window with the menu, and select the item “All applications”.
- In the subsection, go to the Windows Fax and Scan category.
- When you click, you will see the program window. Find, and then mark the item “New scan”.
- A section has appeared that is used to select and mark a specific office tool.
- In the settings section, which appeared after selecting a device, we set specific parameters at our discretion.
- Next, you should find the “Scan” button.
- On the monitor, you will see the very image that you scanned, or rather, its electronic version. It remains only to save it!
In addition to this method, you can use one more method, the performance of which is guaranteed on any assemblies of Windows. You can use it by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Find the Start Menu
- We are looking for a category called “Devices and Printers”
- Select the printer connected to the PC at the moment.
- Click on the picture with the device with the right mouse button, and select the item responsible for starting the scanning procedure.
- We set the image parameters, wait for the end of the process, and then save the resulting image.
How to scan a document to a computer through a scanner
There are frequent cases when it becomes necessary to scan any paper or photograph. The process of obtaining an electronic version of these files is performed using office devices. This manual will properly explain how to scan a document into a computer through a scanner.
To copy a document or photo to a stationary PC or laptop through the Paint program, you should reproduce the following sequence:
- Installing paper in the device frames.
- Launch Paint. a pre-installed and standard application that allows you to work with pictures on all versions of Windows.
- In the application menu, you need to find the “File” icon, and then click on the “From Scanner or Camera” section
- We mark the used office tool, and then set the parameters.
- Using the “Scan” button, you start the scanning procedure, at the end of which you should save the resulting image.
Note! The last two methods we have given, using an application designed for pictures and the category “Fax and Scan”, work absolutely on any part of the Windows OS.
How to open the scanner on different versions of Windows
The network space is filled with a large number of free programs that allow you to transfer papers, documents and photos to the memory of a stationary PC or laptop. Such applications have impressive functionality and an understandable scheme of work.
In addition to free programs, there are also authoring developments, for which you will have to pay a small amount. As a rule, such paid applications have in their arsenal a number of “chips” that make them a little more attractive to users. Such programs are designed to work with different versions of the Windows operating system.
There are also applications for IOS or Linux OS. However, we will consider their work specifically on Windows 10, since this is one of the most popular shells at the moment.
What to do if the scanner does not work
Most often, if the scanner does not work, the error lies in the absence of any applications necessary for its operation. We provide a list of applications that help in the operation of the device:
- ABBYY Fine Reader. a program that reads pictures or text files.
- OCR CuneiForm is a free application also used for OCR text or pictures.
All similar programs are equipped with a similar interface. As an example, we will show you working with an application called VueScan, which is also designed for text or photo recognition:
- Installing paper in the device frames.
- Run the program and check the settings.
- Setting the parameters of the scanned document.
- We start the process and save the digital version of the paper or photo.
Scan errors can also occur due to the following problems:
- You are using a non-working scanner. Office devices of this type simply break down frequently during use. The breakage is not necessarily critical, but the scanner or printer will not function. It also happens that the cables that connect the device to a laptop or network are faulty.
- Drivers are missing. They are installed from a special disc, which, as a rule, can be found in the box with a complete set.
Incorrect scanning parameters or incorrect selection of the scanner, which often happens when several office tools are connected to the computer at the same time.