Scanning documents and photos from your printer to your computer is easy. For this you need:
If you have a disc that came with the device, you can use it. Disconnect the printer from the computer, insert the disc into the drive and run the file with the [.Exe] extension (usually Setup.Exe). Following the wizard’s hint.
- Place the document on the scanner glass. In the vast majority of cases, put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY Multifunction Printers, face up.
- Turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
DPI. Resolution or dots per inch. The more. the higher the quality of the image, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more it will “weigh” and take up space on the disk of your computer. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan a document.
- 100-200 dpi. if you need it quickly and you will not recognize documents.
- 300-400 dpi. suitable if you need to recognize text.
- 500-600 dpi. if you need the smallest details of the document.
At 600 dpi, the father scans old family photographs that he can get his hands on. There you need a maximum resolution because the quality of a photo from 20-30-40 years is “not very”.
It’s convenient for me to Scan at 300 dpi. The photo quality is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance here. You can always lower the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphics editor Paint. But you won’t be able to increase the resolution. Have to scan again.
At least once in a lifetime, almost every person is faced with the need to update a flash player on a computer or “translate” a document or photo into electronic form. At the same time, not everyone has sufficient skills to cope with a task without outside help. Today we will look at how to scan a document to a computer using a printer. the presented instructions will allow you to perform the action as quickly as possible and without additional difficulties, even if the manipulations are performed by an inexperienced PC owner.
Before proceeding with the direct scanning of documents, it is necessary to carry out preparatory actions. this will help to avoid difficulties and errors on the part of technology.
So, before trying to scan a document, it is important to:
How to scan from printer to computer?
Let’s look at several ways to scan a document from a printer to a PC. After all the preparatory steps are completed, you need to turn to the built-in capabilities of your operating system or special programs.
Through the scanner wizard
The most common method of digitizing a “live” document is interaction with the wizard for working with a scanner, where to achieve the result, you must adhere to the following algorithm:
- Turn on your scanner and make sure it is active. Check the glass panel under the lid. it should be free of dust, debris, streaks, etc.
- Take the document or photo you want to “transfer” to the computer. Place the object face down on the glass. Lower the lid.
- Click on the “Start” button of your computer, find the tab “Control Panel”.
- Next. “Devices and Printers”.
- In SEPARATE operating systems, after opening the control panel, it may be necessary to be named under the “Sound and Hardware” section, and only after that it will be possible to find the “Devices and Printers” we need.
- A window will unfold in front of you, displaying the devices connected to the PC. Find the printer by name and right-click on its image.
- We activate the command “Start Scanning”, you will see the parameters, which can be adjusted according to individual preferences, and then. preview how the document will look in the scan. Most often you need to change the resolution and brightness of the image.
- Everything is good? Click “Scan” and wait for your file to appear on the computer monitor. Further it remains only to keep.
Using third-party applications
In addition to the standard features of the computer operating system, scanner users often resort to third-party applications. The most popular ones are:
- Scanlite. As with any other program, after installing the scanner, a corresponding shortcut appears on the desktop or in the control panel. The convenience of this development lies in a simple interface and the need to carry out a minimum list of manipulations. the user only needs to enter the file name, specify the path to save the document, and then start the scanning process with the appropriate button.
- ABBYY FineReader. It not only scans, but also recognizes text, in addition, it allows you to translate a document into an editable format. Minus. the program is paid, but you can use it in test mode.
- Ridoc. A popular program for users who need to be able to Scan documents in different formats. as a rule, for random scanning it is necessary.
- Winscan2pdf. The product is designed for the Windows operating system, is easy to use, but allows you to save the file exclusively in PDF format. Free to download and install.
- Xerox Easy Printer Manager. a manager designed specifically for work with printers / scanners “Xerox”. This application is distinguished not only by a convenient and intuitive interface, but also by a large number of possibilities.
In addition to the usual digitization, Xerox Easy Printer Manager is a program for improving the quality of a photo or any other image. Let’s look at the scanning process in more detail, assuming that the application is already installed on your PC:
- Click “Start” in the lower left corner of the screen. Select the All Programs tab, then the Xerox Printers folder, then Xerox Easy Printer Manager.
- A program window will open in front of you, in which you need to find the “Switch to advanced mode” tab.
- The next necessary active link at the top of the window is “Scan to PC settings”, where you can set the operation parameters of interest to the user (saving path, resolution, color, etc.).
- Then go to the “Image” tab and adjust the settings as you need it.
- Is it done? Switch to the main mode and click on the “Scanning” button. a window with the program’s capabilities will open, all that remains is to start the process you are interested in and save the result.
Following this Step-by-Step Instructions, anyone can scan a document or photo, even if he did not have to use the program before.
Features of scanning in Paint
In addition to the applications we have considered, there is another simple scanning method. through the standard Paint program. You need:
- Launch the application by finding it through the “Start” button.
- Name the “File” tab, then select “From Scanner or Camera”.
- Scan preparation starts on the computer monitor, where you need to select the file type and adjust the image resolution / brightness.
- After the scan is started, the picture or scan of the document you need will appear on the screen, all that remains is to save the file in the required graphic format.
The advantage of this program over third-party applications is that the user does not need to download and install additional products. just enable the “native” option and perform simple manipulations.
After examining the above information with step-by-step instructions, we can conclude that scanning a document to a computer is as simple a task as photocopying, recovering data from a flash drive, etc. The main thing is to find the appropriate instruction and strictly follow it. If the need to Scan documents to a computer rarely occurs, and the files themselves are used only for the purpose of storing and transferring information, the built-in capabilities of the operating system are enough. If the user needs to edit scanned files, including their quality and format, it makes sense to install a third-party application that greatly simplifies manipulations due to its wide functionality.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
To save scanned images without editing in a software application, start EPSON Scan directly. The scanned images will be automatically saved as files in the folder specified in the File Save Settings dialog box. This can be done as follows.
|Start EPSON Scan.|
|If the Show this dialog box before next scan check box is unchecked, EPSON Scan automatically scans the image, DOES NOT show this window. Go to step 8.|
|If the Show this dialog box before next scan check box is cleared, the File Save Settings window does not open automatically. To open this window, Click the arrow to the right of the Scan button and select File Save Settings.|
|Specify the location where the scanned images will be saved. If you want to change the default values, Click Browse (Windows) or Choose (Macintosh), then select Desired Folder.|
|Customize the file name: Specify an alphanumeric prefix and a 3-digit number to start numbering with.|
BITMAP (.BMP) (Windows only)
The standard image file format for Windows. Most Windows applications, including word processors, can read and create images in this format
Compressed file format. The compression quality is selectable. Fromat JPEG allows you to compress graphic data quite strongly. However, the stronger the compression, the lower the image quality. (Note that the original data cannot be recovered later.) In addition, the quality is reduced each time the data is saved. When images need to be modified or retouched, it is recommended to use TIFF format
The TIFF format is suitable for cases where multiple pages are saved under the same file name. Documents scanned using the ADF are written to one file. (In other formats, each document is saved in a separate file.) However, you can open Multi-TIFF files only in applications that support it.
Platform-independent document format. To use PDF documents, you need Adobe Acrobat® Reader® or Acrobat. When scanning documents using the ADF, multiple pages are written to one file. When saving color or monochrome images in PDF format, you can choose the compression quality
PICT (.PCT) (Macintosh only)
The standard image file format for Macintosh. Most Macintosh applications, including word processors, can read and create images in this format.
PRINT Image Matching II (JPEG) (. Jpg)
PRINT Image Matching II (TIFF) (. Tif)
PRINT Image Matching is a standardized method of recording a wide range of color information to improve the quality of scanned images. With a printer that supports PRINT Image Matching, you can easily produce prints with a wide range of excellent colors.
PRINT Image Matching information does not affect the original image or the way it appears on the computer screen
A format created for the exchange of data between many applications, such as graphics and desktop publishing systems. When scanning black and white images, you can specify the compression type
|In Home or Professional Mode Click the Scan button.|
|The scanned image will be automatically saved in the specified location.|
How to make photocopies and scans on the all-in-one printer
Today, a “document” can be either a letter of paper or an electronic file. In addition to making paper copies, they can be copied to electronic files and vice versa. An electronic version of a document is more convenient than a paper one, but special equipment is needed to convert one into another. To create a copy of the document, the user needs to use the multifunctional device. This equipment is capable of performing scanning, copying and printing functions at the same time. This type of technique has become very popular due to its versatility. In one building, users receive several devices. This allows you to Get Significant savings in both financial resources and working space, the entire device is compact and quite affordable. By purchasing a copier printer scanner canon, you are guaranteed to mature a high level of workflow.
How to make copies on printers
A photocopy on a printer is performed in various versions. You can simply copy the file in A4 format, you can create a photographic copy in high resolution. It is also possible to make an enlarged or reduced copy, with and without fields.
Copying on a printer is pretty straightforward. To get started, you need to Arrange the pages. First, make sure paper is loaded in the tray of the product. After that, you must correctly position the documents on the scanner glass. Then close the cover and select the desired number of copies. If you want to change the size of the copies, press the PAPER key. After that, the display will show options for the paper sizes that are available for printing. To select monochrome or color mode, press the corresponding button on the control panel of the device, and make a copier. After selecting all the necessary parameters, you will receive the Desired option and the number of copies.
How to create an electronic version of a document
In order to give a paper document an electronic format, you need not only special equipment, but also software. In order for the scanner to work correctly, special drivers are required. Often they are supplied with the device, but if they are not there, you can always find them on the Internet. You can use the universal ABBY Finereader program, which performs OCR and direct scanning. The whole process of converting a paper document into an electronic file Is based on THESE two procedures (character recognition and scanning).
How to make a scanner on a printer
To create an electronic copy of the document, you must open the “Start” menu. Then, from the list of all installed programs, select the driver for the multifunctional device (if it came with the kit), or select the ABBY Finereader program, which should be launched next. After the scanner and associated software have been launched, you can open the cover of the machine and place a paper document on the scanning surface, text side down. The letter must be placed on the scanner glass as evenly as possible with the edges of the machine’s working surface. Next, you need to press the cover as simply as possible in order to exclude the ingress of illumination during scanning. Otherwise, the file will turn out to be overexposed, that is, and the area of the document, on which the light has hit, will not be displayed. After that, in the settings, you should select the optimal parameters for scanning. These include changing the color format, file type, resolution, brightness and contrast. After completing the settings, press the “Scan” button. After completing the procedure, a preview of the file will appear on the screen. a reduced scan for the purpose of compact presentation for the user. If necessary, you can process the received copy: remove unnecessary, add inscriptions, etc. You can store the received scans not only on a computer or removable media. There are multifunctional devices that provide the ability to scan directly to the cloud or email. The presence of such options saves time for processing documentation. As you can see, scanning on a printer is a fairly easy and quick process, which can be performed without difficulty even by an unprepared user.
How to scan from a printer to a windows 10 computer. How to scan from a printer to a computer: documents, photos, text and more?
Scanning a document or photo to a computer is a frequently used operation both in everyday life and in professional activities of any of us. This operation allows us to digitize any document for its subsequent processing, sending to the addressee or storage.
The scanning procedure is almost the same for any peripheral device from manufacturers such as HP, Canon and Epson. The main condition is that a scanner is present in their hardware, without it anywhere!
Even a novice computer user can scan, there is nothing complicated about it. You need to do a few simple steps and your scan is ready!
Document scanning process.
Each scanning device is equipped with the necessary software written to disk. Before starting work, you need to download the programs from the disk to your computer. If there is no disk, then all the necessary programs can be found on the Internet, they are free to download.
Let’s take a look at this process using the all-in-one printer HP Photo Smart 210.
This is a 3-in-1 multifunctional device: printer, scanner and copier. The all-in-one printer is equipped with a Wi-Fi module, which allows a wireless connection to a computer. We will NOT Zaostrov pay attention to this topic, the connection to the computer is established. let’s start preliminary preparation for scanning the document:
Download the all-in-one printer software to your computer.
After downloading the programs and activating them, the program shortcuts will appear on the desktop.
You must open the HP Scan software to scan a document. In the window that opens, we see all the necessary information for further work. Remember to place in scanners to be processed and enable all-in-one printer, otherwise the program will give a connection error. If all conditions are met, the following window will open.
Select the required scan parameters and click on the “Scan” button. In the window that opens, you can view and edit the scanned document.
To save a scan on a computer, click the “save” button, a window with computer resources will open where you can place and store your scanned documents. After selecting the required folder, click “save”.
Everything! The process of scanning and saving text or photos is over! Now you can process your scan in the appropriate document editor, mail it or send it to the cloud storage!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
(0 votes, average: 0 out of 5)
How to scan from any printer computer
When working with multifunctional devices (all-in-one printer), which are presented on the market of office equipment, today it is very easy to make a scan of a document or image placed in the corresponding compartment.
To do this, you can use both standard operating system tools and installed software.
Scanning and saving to a computer
The action is NOT difficult, but to be honest, there is software on the network with a set of features better than standard solutions, but more on that later. To make a scan, follow these steps:
- Of course, you should worry about pre-installing the drivers for the device to function normally. How to perform this action, you can study other reviews on the Internet.
- Next, we place the document or image in the compartment for scanning so that the side with the content (text, picture, etc.) is turned towards the glass. It is worth knowing that this is mainly down towards the surface on which the all-in-one printer is installed, but in some models of certain manufacturers, the glass may be located on top.
- The next step is to enable the all-in-one printer, but in fact it may already work and should not be disabled after each scan.
- Now you can Scan. To do this, you must choose one of the possible ways:
- You need to enter the “Devices and Printers” section, which is located in the “Control Panel”, if the view mode is configured correctly. small / large icons. Next, right-clicking on the printer icon will open a context menu in which you should select the “Start scan” term. In the window that appears, you should set the scanning parameters and start the process, but if you want to preview what the result will be, you can click the “View” button.
- Use the standard graphics editor Paint. This utility in Windows also allows you to make a scan. To do this, you need to run Paint. The shortcut is located along the path “Start”. “All Programs”. “Standard”, but in the case of versions 7, 8 and 10, you can use the search bar. Next, in the “File” menu, you need to select the term “From scanner or camera”. Then you can also select scan options and start the process.
The most important parameter when working with the scanner and the resulting images is DPI. This abbreviation means the resolution that will correspond to the resulting picture. The higher the value, the better the scan will be. The most common values are:
- 100-200 dpi. fast, but the lowest quality recognition;
- 300-400 dpi. great for working with text pages;
- 500-600 dpi. maximum detail and frame transmission.
It is worth saying that, for example, the Paint graphic editor makes it easy to change the parameters that affect the image quality.
Scanning on Mac OS
If you are the owner of Mac OS, then the steps are almost the same, but you can enter the printers menu by following the “System Preferences”. “Printers” route from the Apple main menu. Then you can act intuitively, since all actions are sequential. You can also easily find an overview of the scanning process in Mac OS on the Internet.
Applications such as VueScan or CuneiForm are the most popular among users. They have the simplest functionality, and it is quite easy to recognize any fragment. Also, this function is included in the more global complex software ABBYY FineReader, but it is much more difficult to work with it and in order for an ordinary user to figure it out, you will need to read more than one review or training video.
From the above, it becomes clear that using the all-in-one printer as a scanner or a separate device is not so difficult, and there are many opportunities for this, both in the operating system itself and on the Internet in the form of various software: paid with a large set of functions, a more stripped-down free, etc.
How to scan a document from a printer to a computer
In modern conditions, when there is a tendency to digitize old handwritten, printed and graphic materials, the document scanning function plays a dominant role in this process. Thanks to it, the safety of the scanned information in a compact digital format is ensured and the ability to edit it.
What you need to start scanning documents to your computer?
Before you can scan a document from the printer to your computer, a number of preparatory steps may be required. It is about preparing your scanner or printer with this function for work. First, connect the all-in-one printer to your computer using a USB cable and apply power. Next, install the drivers from the included disk. If for some reason it is not possible to install the software from the disk, then download the drivers from the manufacturer’s official website and install them. We described in detail how to install the downloaded drivers in the article “How to install a printer without an installation disk”.
How to use the scanner
After the all-in-one printer is ready to work, open its cover and place the document to be digitized face down. Next, through the “Start” menu, open the control panel and select the “Devices and Printers” section.
To start scanning a document to a computer, select a scanning device and click “Scan”. If the document data being scanned is faded, blurred, etc., some adjustments will be required to obtain the best quality. These settings are to adjust the dots per inch. This function is abbreviated as DPI.
In this case, the rule works. the higher the DPI, the higher the quality of digitization, but the lower the scanning speed and the larger the size of the resulting file.
After the end of scanning, the file can be saved automatically to a folder specially created by the system, or the path for saving it can be specified manually.
After digitizing, the material can be edited. If this is textual information that needs to be recognized and saved in Microsoft Word format, then ABBYY FineReader is suitable for THESE purposes, if the graphic information to be corrected (size reduction, cropping, lightening, etc.) will help here as a regular Paint program and many third-party applications.
How to scan documents from printer to computer. Detailed instructions
Scanning all kinds of texts, images, graphs and tables is a necessity in modern office work of any organization. Therefore, the question of how to scan documents from a printer to a computer is still relevant for a number of users of such office equipment. In general, it is very easy to solve this problem and scan the required number of documents on the printer.
What you need to scan?
To solve a problem like “how to scan a document to a computer” you need a personal computer, and its type and performance do not matter much, and the device itself, which is equipped with a scanner. Those. In this case, you need a scanning printer, and not any device of this type.
In addition to a PC and office equipment with a scanner, you will also need the appropriate software. For example, an excellent option is ABBYY FineReader, which allows you not only to scan documents, but also perform OCR in more than 150 languages.!
Vuescan, which is lightweight and easy-to-use software that supports most of today’s flatbed scanners and multifunctional devices, is also popular with some. Documents scanned with this utility can be saved Not only in JPEG or TIFF formats, but also PDF, which is very convenient when working in an office. Most importantly, this program has a built-in OCR system, which is designed for optical character recognition. Therefore, in order to recognize the scanned text, you do not need additional utilities.
The two listed programs are paid, so if you are looking for a completely free option, you can resort to CuneiForm. Despite its “gratuitousness”, this utility has good functionality, for example, with its help you can work with various typed fonts and recognize texts in two dozen languages. It can also recognize tables. To improve the quality of the recognized texts, the program has the ability to compare words with a dictionary, which can be constantly expanded.
If you do NOT want to download and install any of the above programs on a personal computer, then use the usual “Scanner Wizard”.
- Before answering the question of how to make a scan, take and connect the scanner to the PC. The computer, in turn, must have drivers installed that match the model of your printer. You can install them either from a CD that comes in one set with office equipment, or you can pre-download the latest version of this software from the manufacturer’s website.
- I installed the driver and connected the scanner, carefully open its covers and put the sheet with the text. For the task of how to scan a document to a computer was solved successfully, turn it face down on the glass and place it as straight as possible, focusing on special pointers. Then you can close the lid.
- At the next step, select the section called “Devices and Printers” in the start-up, and then right-click on the desired device. In the drop-down list, click on the item that starts scanning.
- After the command is launched, a window will appear on the PC monitor where you should set the necessary parameters for the scanning process, taking into account the features of the document: color / black and white, text / photo. Also, decide on the file format in which the resulting image will be converted. After that you can safely click on “Scan”.
- Then a lamp in the scanner will light up and it will start making a low noise. After this process comes to an end, you will see the result on the screen. To save it, click on “Import” and place the finished image in the desired folder. If necessary, you can rename it in advance.
Thus, the question of how to scan from printer to computer is easily solvable. over, today there are a large number of Special programs and utilities that allow you to scan a document, edit it and recognize text. In general, the solution to the problem “how to Scan from a printer” consists of preparing, scanning, recognizing, checking and saving.
How to scan documents from the printer to your computer Link to the main publication
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer Step by step instructions
The need to get a digital copy of your photos or text can arise at any time, so it will be useful to know how to Scan documents from your printer to your computer. It should be understood that all-in-one printer is meant. a multifunctional device that has a built-in scanner.
How to scan texts from printer to computer
There are two main options for how to Scan a document to your computer. as an image or as text. By default, the scanner creates a photo, if you put text in the copier, then it cannot be edited in the future. For such a function to appear, you must use a recognizer (special software), which will turn the picture into an editable format.
After you have connected a universal printer to your computer, installed drivers, performed the initial setup for scanning, you can use the built-in Windows functionality. For this, the “Scanner Wizard” is suitable, the execution algorithm is as follows:
- Turn on the scanner, lift the cover. Check that the glass is clean, if there is dust Wipe the surface.
- Place the text or photo with the surface to be scanned down on the glass.
- Close the lid.
- Go to “Control Panel”, click on “Hardware and Sound”.
- Find the item “Devices and Printers”, go to it.
- Right click on the icon with your all-in-one printer, select “Start Scan”.
- Set the desired parameters for the scan and click “Preview”.
- A window will appear with a picture of how your scanned text will look, if it is too dim, or vice versa, you can change the settings and click “Preview” again. If everything suits you, click “Scan”.
- Save the result on your computer or send the file to print.
Scanning documents to a computer using special software
Along with any all-in-one printer, there should be a disk with drivers and native software for this printer model. As a rule, the use of such programs provides an opportunity to achieve the most effective interaction with the device, we will get the best quality. For example, how to Scan on a canon printer using this software:
- After installing the device and software, open the list of programs.
- Find the app for your printer model, launch it.
- Click “Scan”.
- The program will prompt you to select the type, format, color or black and white scan and resolution. If you set all the parameters correctly, the result will be better.
- Use the explorer to specify the path to save the target file. Give the document a name right away to make it easier to find later. Removable media can be used as storage if desired.
- Preview the document to correct any errors that have occurred, or immediately click the “Scan” button. Then the all-in-one printer will recognize the data, after which you need to click “Save”.
Official documents Must be of high quality so that all elements are clearly visible and readable. This applies to important information: birth certificates, passports, certificates and similar documentation. often ABBY FineReader is used for THESE purposes, but any other software with similar functionality can be suitable. Instructions on how to scan a document to a computer from a printer using the example of a passport:
- Be sure to remove the cover, it will interfere during the procedure.
- In the settings, set the following parameters: “grayscale”, resolution. 300 dpi (or dpi).
- Expand the passport on the first page, place it with a spread on the glass. Better to put it closer to the edge, leaving a small gap.
- Close the lid of the device firmly, for more detailed copying, you can press a little by hand.
- Click “Preview”, Make sure that the color, detail of the letters is transmitted correctly.
- At the bottom, click “Scan”, Wait for the machine to finish recognizing the file. After that check the picture and click “Save”.
- Using the frame, select the area with the image (the passport itself), empty fields Must be outside of it.
- To store official data, choose tif or bmp format.
How to scan a photo on a printer
Now more often people print digital photos from a computer, but sometimes there is a situation when they need to be scanned. It is important to set the correct settings so that the image is of high quality. The procedure for scanning a document to a computer from a printer is as follows:
- Connect the all-in-one printer to your computer, turn it on. To digitize photos, you need to check that they are free of stains, fluff and other dirt.
- The photo must be put face down on the scanner glass.
- It is better to scan a photo using the program on a computer. This option will provide an opportunity to make adjustments when previewing.
- In the application, specify the scan type (black and white, color) and set the format to “Photo”.
- Set the maximum resolution value. This will allow you to scan photos in the best quality.
- If you want to scan the file well, it is not worth making changes to the settings during the process or Lift the lid.
- After the procedure, save the file in any place convenient for you on your computer.
- Use a graphics editor to correct the image. It will provide more options than a scanner program.
How to save scanned documents
Some native applications for the all-in-one printer DO NOT save the scanned files, but simply open them in an image viewer application. With this option, you simply press the “CtrlS” key combination and select the folder where the document should be placed. It is better to install software that is verified by other users and can save scans automatically. Popular among people are Adobe Reader or DjvuReaser. Just set the image format and storage location.
The device may scan your file with black borders and you should always crop them in the editor before saving to your computer. The standard resolution is 150 dpi, for official references. 300. The format in which you saved the scan affects the size of the final file, for example, jpg has the smallest value, and tif and bmp are much larger.