Open Windows Settings
- In the lower left corner of the screen, click the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- At the bottom of the leftmost column, you should see a gear icon indicating your settings. window
Find your printer settings
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the desktop screen to open the Windows Start menu.
- Find the link to the gear icon to in the settings window and click the “Devices” icon
Connect your printer to your computer
- On the Devices screen, you should find the Add Printer or Scanner option
- After clicking on it, the name of your printer. usually with the manufacturer’s name and model number. should appear as available.
- Select “Add a device” and your computer will do the rest to complete the wireless setup.
The correct driver still works?
The downloaded driver may be damaged and needs to be reinstalled. After uninstalling the current driver from your computer, visit the printer manufacturer’s website to find and download the most recent driver.
If you answered yes to all four questions and still encounter an unprintable printer, use your printer’s user manual for troubleshooting. They should be able to provide solutions to your problems and contact technical support.
About the author: Tulie Finley-Moise. author of HP® Tech Takes. digital content specialist from San Diego, California who is passionate about the latest news in technology and digital media.
Find your settings
- Once turned on and ready for setup, you need to connect the printer to your home Wi-Fi
- Although the installation steps vary by manufacturer, most modern printers will have an LCD screen that lists the available Wi-Fi networks.
- On this screen, click around and find the setup page that allows you to configure your wireless LAN settings
How to connect a printer using a wired USB cable
If you receive this notification, follow the computer’s intuitive prompts and click the notification. He could do all the hard work for you. If your computer has provided you with the opportunity to independently resolve all issues, follow these steps.