How to set up OTA channels on Samsung TVs 2018
If you want free TV shows, movies, sports and news, there is still nothing better than the free channels available with an antenna. While there are options large and small, all the best TV antennas connect to your TV in the same way. You can tune the antenna during the initial TV setup or tune in terrestrial channels at any other time. Here’s how to do it:
Go to the Source menu. First, go to the main menu and navigate to the Source icon in the far left corner. In the secondary menu, select TV as the source.
Connect the antenna. If no antenna is connected, the No Signal screen appears. Connect the antenna to the RF connector on the back of the TV and select “Search for channels”.
Select source. Select the signal source (air, cable or both) If you are using an antenna, select Air to search for terrestrial channels.
Start channel scan. Once you start scanning, the TV will cycle through all possible channels and automatically detect which ones are transmitting and which are not.
Complete the setup. Once the scanning process is complete, you can close it and start switching between channels. Samsung is also adding separate channels to TV Plus. These are live channels that are broadcast over the Internet, giving you the option of live broadcasting even without an antenna.
Start watching live broadcast. Once you’ve added your local channels, you can watch all of your live TV directly from the home screen by selecting the Live tile from the feed menu. You will also be able to open the current programming guide, a channel list that lets you edit channels as you see fit, and a schedule manager for upcoming shows.
Use a channel guide. All of your live streaming options will be included in the channel guide, allowing you to see current and upcoming broadcasts. Please note that it may take time to download program information.
How to set up a Samsung TV 2018
Setting up a new TV may seem like a daunting task, but Samsung Smart TVs are built to be user-friendly, including the out-of-the-box setup process. Once you turn on your TV, it will walk you through the initial setup, so follow the on-screen instructions to connect the remote to your TV, select your language, and connect any external devices.
If you want to start with an existing TV, you can factory reset your Samsung Smart TV in System Preferences.
Samsung: What to enable, disable and tune TVs
are getting smarter and the customization is getting more complicated. Setting up a new TV can be a tricky process as you control all the features, applications and services that the manufacturers offer.
HOW TO SET THE CLOCK ON A SAMSUNG 55 IN. CURVED TV
To help you navigate the many menus and settings of the latest Samsung TVs, we’ve dived into the features of the Samsung 65Q6FN QLED TV, which has all the latest features of 2018, including Bixby voice assistant and enhanced real-time content. Options and Ambient Mode that lets you turn your TV into a work of art when you’re not actively watching, or if you want to add a little more cool features to your smart set, check out our guide on How to Connect a Samsung Smart TV to Alexa.
How to set the time and date on your TV. My articles. catalogue of articles
Having bought a new TV, it may happen that the date and time are set incorrectly and in order to set the correct time on the TV, you need to enter the settings menu of your TV. How to do it
When connecting to digital television, the time and date should be set automatically and you do not need to do anything.
Also, when connecting his Smart TV to the Internet, he must independently set the correct time.
- Press the menu button on your remote control.
- We find the item System.
- Next, we find the Time
- In this section there is a Sleep Timer, an On and Off Timer, but to adjust the time, open the Clock Mode.
- Here you can enable Auto and Manual. When choosing the first option, the time is automatically set, the second option is needed if the time was not set correctly.
- Clicking on Manual selection and after that, the settings will become available.
- We set the correct time and everything on this setting is complete.
- Press the HOME button to exit to the setup menu.
- Next, open the Settings item.
- Next, go to the System Preferences item.
- Opening Date and Time.
- Next, you need to set the Automatic date and time setting to turn off, this is necessary in order to maintain the correct time yourself.
- Press the RETURN button to go back to the Date and time setting
- Open the Time item and set new parameters
- Press the Menu button on your remote
- Next, we are looking for General settings, in some models the Time item is already included in the main menu of the TV.
- Open the section Time and date
- Disable Automatically and set the correct date and time.
Follow the same principles when setting the time for another brand of TV, the main thing is to find the Time section, there you need to turn off the car. Only after that you can make changes, choose the correct time zone corresponding to your locality.
Typically, these settings are made when the TV is turned on for the first time, and if later you are unable to make new settings, you can reset the settings to factory settings to make changes. Sometimes it happens that only this method helps, but do not forget that then all the information saved by you on the TV will be reset to zero, the channels will be completely erased.
One of the most important characteristics of a TV when choosing is the value of the contrast of the image on the TV screen. If you choose a TV for picture quality, then be sure to pay attention to the contrast value of different models.
By definition, contrast is equal to the ratio of the brightness at the lightest point on the screen to the brightness of the point where the darkest image is. In other words, divide the white level by the black level and get the contrast. Only here the values of these levels can be obtained only with a special check of the TV using specialized devices. Therefore, an ordinary user has to believe either manufacturers or various reviews on sites where TVs are tested. Who to trust more and how contrast is checked, and let’s talk further.
We said that contrast is one of the most important characteristics of a TV. Therefore, manufacturers try to maximize this value to improve sales. The manufacturer can measure the brightness of a pixel in the laboratory when a signal is applied that is never used in real conditions. Then measure the brightness of this pixel in the absence of a signal, which is impossible during normal viewing. The contrast value is then calculated. And the values measured under such conditions are included in the product passport. Because of this, we see today that the contrast values of many TVs are simply off scale. All this is possible because there are no binding rules in the world for measuring display contrast.
Separate static (natural) and dynamic contrast. Natural contrast depends only on the capabilities of the display, and dynamic is obtained as a result of the use of additional technologies.
Static contrast is measured by the brightness of points in one scene (brightest and darkest). When measuring dynamic contrast, technologies are used to overestimate it. The TV itself, during video playback, adjusts the contrast depending on the scene that is currently shown on the screen. That is, the backlight in the LCD matrix is regulated. When displaying a bright scene, the luminous flux from the backlight increases. And when the scene changes to dark (night, dark room, etc.), then the backlight begins to reduce its luminous flux. It turns out that in bright scenes, due to the increase in light from the backlight, the black level is poor, and in dark scenes, the black level is good, but the luminous flux will decrease. It’s hard for us to notice, because in bright scenes, backlit black appears completely black. And in dark scenes, the brightness of light objects seems to be sufficient. Such a feature of human vision.
This backlight control scheme increases contrast, although not as much as the manufacturers claim. Indeed, many TVs with dynamic contrast ratio outperform devices that do not have such an adjustment scheme in terms of image quality.
But displays with high natural contrast will still be appreciated higher. This can be demonstrated by displaying a picture with white text on a black background. On a high static contrast screen, the text will indeed be white and the background will be black. But the display with high dynamic contrast, if it shows a black background, the letters will already be gray. Therefore, when playing a normal video on a screen with increased natural contrast, the picture will be as close as possible to the real image. For example, against the background of the evening sky, there will be bright street lights. And against the background of the bright daytime sky, a black car will indeed be black. This is the image we see in cinemas.
The most realistic, in contrast, the image was on the screens of CRT TVs. But with the advent of the HDTV era, these receivers have given way to other devices in the market. Today, high natural contrast values are achieved with LCOS home projectors. The first place among these devices is occupied by JVC devices with their version of D-ILA. Next up is Sony with SXRD technology. Plasma TVs can already be placed in third place.
LCD TV manufacturers have implemented several technologies in recent years to achieve the same level of contrast that is possible with other models. The best results in enhancing contrast are obtained by using LED backlighting with local dimming. At the same time, it is impossible to adjust the backlighting of each pixel and there is no control of each LED separately, but the result is still good. But manufacturers have abandoned the most efficient type of backlighting, when LEDs are located across the entire screen area. This production turned out to be expensive. Today, the so-called side lighting is mainly used. Here the LEDs are located at the top and bottom. Local dimming schemes have also been developed for side lighting. TVs with such a backlight show fairly good results in terms of contrast.
There are several techniques for measuring contrast. First, a black field is fed to the input and the brightness is measured, and then a white field is measured and the brightness is measured. The contrast is good, but in real viewing it will never be completely white or completely black. over, when displaying a normal video signal on the TV, video processing is turned on, which also makes its own changes. truthful readings are given by the ANSI test, when a checkerboard with white and black fields is presented to the screen. This is more in line with the normal image. However, the white fields will affect the measurement of the brightness value of the black fields. So there is no single correct method for measuring contrast.
So the recommendations for choosing a TV with good contrast remain the same. If you will be watching mostly movies in a shaded room, plasma is best. In a lit room, LCD TV with LED backlighting will show good results due to its high brightness. Between these models, you can put an LCD TV if there is a margin for light output. And the main thing to remember is that any TV needs to be set up correctly. Adjust the brightness and contrast of the machine correctly to obtain the best picture quality.
- All TV specifications
- How to choose a diagonal
- Which TV screen resolution to choose
When it comes to how to set up your Samsung TV, look at the picture as well. This can be done in the simplest way using the remote control. Often, the picture on the screen may seem too dark or light. in order to get the desired color, you need to go to the color rendition settings. You will need to open the Service menu using the button indicated above and select the Image section, then go to the menu with the appropriate parameters.
- Using the Contrast, you can set the parameters of the ratio between the brightest and darkest image.
- Clarity helps to adjust the sharpness of the image.
- The Brightness command allows you to make the picture lighter or darken it noticeably.
- An option called Color helps you make colors richer or lighter, and switch to black and white.
Correctly adjusted color rendering mode is very important, because the perception of the image depends on it.
There is also an additional and very convenient option that allows you to reset the image completely in the event that you cannot fix it after changing several settings modes.
How to set up pictures on your TV
The image on the device consists of five parameters:
- The size.
All these components are necessary to customize the base image, if the user does not know how to work with the settings at a special level. Professional customization is as follows:
- Test. They contain test zones.
- Required for customization at a specific level.
- Taken from real life.
Features of Samsung TVs
The company constantly makes every effort to expand the model range, annually releasing several new television devices at once. Each series has its own characteristic features regarding the process of setting the basic parameters. Sometimes certain difficulties can arise with this.
For example, TVs of the 6 series with an LED matrix are mainly equipped with the Smart TV function. Potential buyers who have not previously used “smart” technology do not want to configure such devices on their own, so they pay fabulous money for the services of specialists. This is not the wisest decision, since the operating system is in Russian, therefore, to set up the technique, you just need to follow the step-by-step tips that pop up on the screen.
What if you have lost your instructions? Manufacturers are well aware that only a small part of consumers continue to use traditional paper instructions, so they try to simplify the interface as much as possible and make it intuitive.
You won’t find any overly complicated or confusing commands in the menu. You just need to connect the TV to the network and turn it on using the remote control. You can tune free TV channels by connecting to the most common antenna.
Of course, the devices released by Samsung have their own “chips” that distinguish them from other brands, but believe me, they are more related to additional functionality, so they will not be a special problem.
Adjusting the TV picture: step by step
The easiest way is to go to settings. To do this, you need to press the corresponding button on the remote control. A menu will appear with a list of all components. Move the sliders, setting the values we need.
But there are ways to customize the components at a professional level. For instance:
how to Set the time on SAMSUNG tv
- For brightness, download the “Pluge pattern” image (use the Internet). We will have a vertical strip of several cells in a row. The cell on the left will be completely black. We need to expose the image in such a way that all the cells are different shades (starting with black, they become brighter until it turns out that the right one is completely white). It is important to clearly see the difference between all the cells. Special discs are also sold to set the brightness.
- The contrast is adjusted accordingly, only the left cell is completely gray. Adjust it so that in each next cell the gray tint becomes whiter. The last cell is completely white. It is necessary that all cells are in different tones.
- To determine the saturation, you need a high-quality photo. It is necessary to compare the picture on the device and on the photo, making it identical. We select several different images (be sure to take pictures of nature, since they have a lot of green colors). This shade is the most difficult to perceive, so it will be very difficult to expose it to the eye. In addition to pictures of nature, a high-quality photo of a person is required (for comparisons of skin tones).
- To adjust the focus, download the Sharpness pattern application. Using this program, we adjust the clarity. First you need to choose a comfortable location in order to see all the pictures on the TV. Launch “Sharpness pattern”. We build clarity in such a way that everyone is visible, even the thinnest mowing lines.
To install formats, you hardly need any special programs. The size of the picture does not provide for settings at a special level, standard enough.
Reference! The difference between normal and professional settings is that you can adjust all the parameters of images, taking into account the smallest details. The picture will become better.
There are many programs on the Internet that will help you customize the pictures on your device. We download the appropriate ones and install them on the TV.
To re-tune TV channels on an already old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this, problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with an automatic tuning function;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high-definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time while searching for channels. The images will change and TV footage will start to appear.
- After finishing, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the required programs. Here you can also add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
How to set the time on a Samsung TV
Connecting using WPS
Connecting devices via the WPS function is widely used. In order to implement such a connection, you need to do the following:
- go to the “Network Settings” section;
- select the “WPS” item;
- press the corresponding button with the WPS label on the router and hold it for about 2 minutes;
- at this time, the TV will receive all the necessary settings and enter them into the appropriate fields.
Thus, one button sends all the information to the TV and realizes the automatic configuration of the wireless network. When the setup is complete, the network check screen appears. This means that the connection was made.
With Plug Access technology
If your modem or router supports Plug Access, you can use it to set up your wireless connection. This requires:
- insert the storage device into the USB port on the router (if the light is blinking, then there is access to the network);
- the device is now removed from the router and inserted into the TV;
- immediately after that, the device will begin to transmit the necessary information and establish a connection automatically.
When the network check screen appears, the setup was successful.
If in the process of using the devices the settings of the router are changed, then it is necessary to repeat the procedure to update the data.
How to set up TV on Smart TV Samsung: expand the capabilities of the TV
Modern televisions greatly expand the possibilities for viewing programs. Now these are not just TV signal receivers, but real multimedia centers. The leading positions in this area are occupied by Samsung Smart TVs. But if you mess with the device for too long and cannot properly set up the TV on the Samsung Smart TV, then after studying this article, all difficulties will be left behind.
How to install apps
Smart TV allows you to use a huge number of different applications that significantly expand the functionality of your TV. But before you can use them, you must first find and install them.
- using the button on the remote control, go to the menu;
- find Samsung Apps among the list of programs and select;
Installation is usually done in a matter of seconds. Immediately after that, the required program will appear in the list and will be available for use.
Wi-Fi wireless connection
To implement a wireless connection, you need a device that supports this data transfer. 7 series TVs are almost all equipped with the necessary equipment. But sometimes you may additionally need an external WI-FI adapter that connects directly to the TV. This is necessary for those models in which this component is not built.
The TV needs to be connected to a wireless IP device (modem or router). If there is DHCP support, then you can use this protocol and automatically configure the connection.
It is important to select a free channel for the TV, since the use of the same channel by two devices will lead to interruptions and interference.
If you need to connect a WI-FI adapter, it is recommended to turn off the TV first. After connecting the device, it can be turned on. In this case, you can observe some distortion of the image, which can be removed after detailed connection settings. You can also use an extension cord to help you place the adapter in a noise-free location.
Rectangular USB adapters are widely used, which makes it easy to organize an access point. This adapter connects one end to the Samsung Wireless LAN port and the other to the USB port.
You can also use an extension cable. It connects to the USB port and Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. In this case, the adapter itself can be fixed on the back of the TV.
After all the manipulations, you will need to proceed with the direct TV setup. An important place in this case is allocated to the system of protection of accounts and the network as a whole. For protection, a security code is used, which should be as complex as possible. Otherwise, it will not be easy to protect the network from intrusion.
A combination of letters and numbers is used as a password.
It is recommended to use different case letters. The password is entered during the initial wireless setup, and then each new connected device must use the network with this password.
It is worth noting. That if the connection speed is lower than 10 Mbps, then there may be problems with automatic configuration. In this case, manual input of parameters may be required.
After that, the connection will be configured and you can start using the functionality of the device.
Registration and account creation
Before you can use all the features of Smart TV, you need to create a Samsung account. This is a fairly simple procedure that does not take much time. To create, you need a stable Internet connection at a speed of at least 20 Mb / s. Otherwise, the data transfer may be delayed or not occur at all.
- turn on the TV and press the “Smart” button on the remote control;
- in the list of applications, select the item “Smart HUB”;
- in the application, select the item “Create an account”;
after accepting the Terms of Service Agreement, the account creation window will appear;
in the corresponding field you will need to enter your username and password using the virtual keyboard;
Now you can use the created account. The TV will log in and allow you to use the full range of functions.
Wired LAN connection
This method is to directly connect the TV to an external modem. A standard Ethernet cable is used for this. Most often, this method is used for 5 series TVs that do not use wireless modules.
Connection can be made not only through a modem, but also directly through a network outlet. It is better to know in advance about the possibility of such a connection, since it depends on the specific TV settings.
Depending on whether your home network is dynamic or static, the connection is done slightly differently. For a dynamic network, modems and routers with the support of appropriate technologies are used. Often they automatically set all the necessary parameters.
To implement a connection to a dynamic network, you need to do the following:
After completing the test, the network will be configured. This approach is implemented in devices with DHCP support.
Samsung Smart TV Functions and Features
Samsung Smart TV is not just a TV, but an advanced multifunctional platform. It includes advanced features for viewing various content. Much more this system resembles a traditional computer or smartphone.
Here you can easily use social networks, watch videos and install various applications. These are the features that make Smart technologies so popular.
The main functions of Smart TV include:
- displaying digital television;
- the ability to play content from external sources;
- implementation of search through the Internet;
- installation of various programs and applications;
- watching YouTube;
- video calls via Skype or other systems.
Setting the parameters starts with specifying the broadcasting frequency. First select a signal source, then go to search. The search for channels available worldwide is automatically activated. The user can choose any option they want.
Connecting channels in Smart TVs is similar to the standard rules. Only the automatic search in Smart is much easier, since this device offers to independently determine the type of signal reception. If the user decides to delete old channels, they are automatically replaced with new ones.
The work of cable TV is similar to the rest of the options. You can find channels after you have entered the frequency parameters beforehand.
How to tune your Samsung TV to receive digital TV channels
Successful reception depends on the sequence in which the user executes the instruction. If this rule is violated, the signal does not arrive or is characterized by low quality.
The setting takes place in one of two ways.
- Manually. Channels are selected in an automatically generated list. This is done in order to get additional channels without deleting the already produced ones.
- Automatically. Assumes the choice of the frequency range in which channels are determined without human intervention.
Before deciding on a method, you need to set up your TV. Open the general settings, select the language, region and code to save data from loss. As a rule, the digital code is found in the documentation provided with the device.
Manual Channel Search
Manual searches require more user action than automatic ones. Assumes the fulfillment of the following points:
- open antenna settings;
- select the manual type of settings;
- indicate broadcasting frequency and module type;
- activate the search process;
- wait for the results for the specified time;
- save the changes made.
The method does not involve complex actions. You just need to follow the established algorithm.
TVs with DVB-T2 support
Modern models with support for DVB-T2 offer digital TV tuning automatically or manually. DVB-T2 is the second generation European standard. For tuning, the user does not need any additional devices, except for the antenna. In such a TV, a tuner is already arranged that catches and transmits a signal.
Automatic channel search
To activate automatic search, you do not need to use additional devices. The process itself usually takes no more than 15 minutes. To activate work:
- use the remote control to open the menu and activate “Broadcasts”;
- in a new window open “Auto-tuning”;
- indicate the source of supply. indoor antenna, satellite, cable;
- in the “Type” item, select digital broadcasting;
- perform the transition “Mode” / “Full” / “Scan”.
The system automatically searches for available channels. At this point, you do not need to do anything yourself. You need to wait a few minutes until the process ends. The search stops after pressing the “Stop” button.
Upon completion of the search, it is recommended to test the signal quality. If there are channels that display a picture in poor quality, you can reset all settings and start searching again.
If you do not want to repeat the steps and these channels are not needed, delete them separately. Navigate to Broadcast / Dispatcher. Check the boxes that you want to delete. Confirm the decision with the “Tools” button located on the remote control.
Be sure to follow the steps carefully, because when connecting automatic search, it is possible to delete channels from an already installed list.
To set up a Samsung TV to receive digital television, you need to understand what connectors are and what they are for:
- AV. previously used to set the signal to the old format. In modern models, it serves as a link between the TV and the satellite:
- RCA. Consists of three plugs. The most popular type due to its high bandwidth;
- HDMI. a cable that improves picture quality;
- RE IN. sets the signal through the antenna to the satellite;
- LAN. required to install modern interactive tools from the Internet;
- USB. adapter between devices for information exchange.
Such a number of abbreviations and connectors often frighten users who rarely encounter technology. But all connectors are responsible for a specific function. The method of their work becomes clear after the first use.
It is important for your own safety to follow the connection rules. First, install all the cables and then connect the device to the outlet.