We accept for payment:
“Gift Certificate” from our Training Center is the best gift for those who are dear to you! Pay tuition and present your family and friends with training in any of the courses.
“Certificate for repeated training” gives the opportunity to repeat training in our training Center with a discount of 1000 rubles!
How to connect a printer to a router via usb. How to connect a printer to a router via USB and LAN. setting up a network printer and print server
It is common practice in the office and at home to share various peripheral devices, such as scanners or printers, on a network. It is convenient. you can immediately print any document and you do not need to carry files on a USB flash drive from computer to computer or buy a separate printer for each workplace. We will tell you how to properly configure equipment for sharing in this article.
Printing over the network is a common thing, now you will NOT surprise anyone with this. At the same time, until now, shared access to the printer is configured according to this scheme. The printer is connected to one of the computers and is accessible to other users, who can directly send their documents to print. It’s simple, you don’t have to tinker with the settings. But, in fact, it is not always convenient. The best way to connect a network printer is through a router.
The main disadvantage of the scheme described above is the binding of the printer to a specific computer. For network printing to work, this computer must be turned on. But what if the employee who works for him gets sick and DOES NOT come to work, and access to the computer is password protected? Or the computer is out of order?
Therefore, it is much more convenient when the printer is connected to a router and is always available. But there are nuances here.
In order for the printer to work independently on the network without connecting to a computer, a print server is needed. The print server can be software built into a router or printer. Routers equipped with a USB port usually have network printing support. However, it is advisable to check the technical documentation just in case. If your router has a USB port, but there is no print server in it, you will not be able to connect the device to it.
The printer can have its own built-in print server. These printers are equipped with a LAN port for connecting a network cable or a wireless Wi-Fi module.
If your router does not have a built-in print server and your printer is the most common, you will need a hardware print server. a separate device with a USB port for connecting a printer and a network connector, through which using a patch cord the device is connected to the LAN port of the router.
Before setting up a network printer via a router, let’s figure out the possible connection options. So, you can connect a printer to a router in the following ways:
- Via USB port. This connection is possible if your router is equipped with a USB connector and supports network printing.
- Through the LAN port. If your printer has a built-in print server with a network port, you can connect it to the router using a patch cord.
- Wi-Fi. Some modern printers are equipped with a Wi-Fi module and can communicate with a router over the air. They can also be connected directly from a laptop equipped with a Wi-Fi module.
- Using a hardware print server. This is a separate device to which the printer connects. The print server has a LAN port for connecting to a router.
Connect the printer to the USB port of the router using a cable. Both devices Must be turned off. Then we turn on the router, we wait until it boots. Then you can turn on the printer. By default, the router does NOT need any special configuration, it should immediately recognize the printing device. You can check this by logging into the device web interface and opening the network map. Your printer model should be displayed there. If not, check the status of the print server. It must be online.
If your printer is equipped with a wireless Wi-Fi module, then you can connect it to the router over the air without any wires. This can be done in two ways:
- WPS. In the instructions for your printer, we find how to activate the WPS function. Then we press the WPS activation button on the router. We are waiting for the connection to be established (the indicator on the router will stop blinking) and check if your printer appears on the network map.
- WEP / WPA. Manual configuration is similar to setting up the first connection to a wireless network of any Wi-Fi device. We find the network settings in the printer menu, select the network we need and enter the login and password.
LAN port connection
In the device menu, you need to set a static IP address for it. It is advisable to do this even if the DHCP service is configured on your router. The fact is that if the printer’s IP address is constantly changing, it will complicate its search and it will periodically disappear from the list of available devices. There is, of course, an option to reserve IP addresses in the DHCP server settings by MAC address.
The printer will then restart. Then it can be found in the list of network devices.
Install the printer drivers and print a test page.
Using a hardware print server
If your device is not equipped with a network card or Wi-Fi module, and your router does not have a USB port, you can purchase a hardware print server. As mentioned above, this is a separate device that mediates between the router and the printer.
The budget models have one USB port and one network port. expensive. several USB, as well as, optionally, LPT port. Also, the print server can have a built-in Wi-Fi module and connect to the router not by cable, but by air.
First, connect the print server to the router, and the printer to the print server.
The print server is configured using the supplied proprietary utility. It allows you to find a print server on the network and set an IP address for it. Further configuration is carried out via the web interface according to the instructions. You can enter it by entering in the address bar of the browser IP, which was set for the print server during the initial configuration.
As you can see, there are several ways to connect your network printer to the router, depending on its hardware capabilities.
Regardless of which of the above methods you choose, the settings on the computer are the same in all cases.
You can configure it through the “Control Panel” or through the “Printers and Scanners”. Setting is similar.
“Printers and Scanners” appeared on the latest versions of Windows. This application is suitable for setting up a network printer on Windows 10.
We will configure through the “Control Panel”, which is available on all versions of Windows. Particularly suitable for setting up Windows 7 network printer.
Find “Control Panel” in the computer search. In the control panel we find the section “Devices and Printers”. Click on the item “Add a printer”.
The system will try to find the device connected to the computer, but, of course, it will NOT succeed. Therefore, let’s use the item “The required printer is not listed” at the bottom of the.
On the next page, select the add item by TCP / IP address or hostname. Click “Next”.
In the next window, in the “Device Type” drop-down list, select “TCP / IP Device”, and below in the “IP address” and “Port Name” fields, enter the address, which we get as follows:
- When connecting a printing device via USB to a router, we enter the IP address of your router, which you enter in the browser to enter the web interface. This is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. It is indicated on a label at the bottom of the device.
- When connected via LAN, the port with the address set via the menu. In this case, enter this address.
- If the printing device is connected via LAN and receives an IP address from a DHCP server, look at which address was received on the DHCP server.
It is better to uncheck the checkbox from the poll and driver selection automatically.
In the next window, put a tick in the “Special” item and next to it click the “Options” button.
In the settings window that opens, select the LPR protocol, and in the “Queue name” field. in our example we wrote “naseti”, in fact, any name is written. Click OK and return to the previous page.
Now you can click “Next” and proceed to the actual installation of the printer. The driver can be selected from the list or installed from disk.
You can give the printer a new name, or you can leave it set at the default.
Here are the proposals to allow shared access to the printer, we refuse and click “Next” again.
A message should appear here that everything went well and the printer is ready to work. To verify this, print a test page.
Configuring a print server on a router
If you have any difficulties, you can use the utility to configure the print server on the router. You can download it from the manufacturer’s official website by selecting your router model in the “Downloads” section.
To configure the print server on TP-link routers, the proprietary TP-Link UDS Printer Controller utility is used. After you have downloaded and installed the program on your computer, run it and it will automatically find all printers connected to the router. Select the one you want to use for automatic connection.
The utility works with Windows and Mac OS.
For D-Link routers Use the proprietary SIUtility utility. If you have a router from a second manufacturer, look for compatible software on the official website.
How to Install a USB Printer in a Wireless Router | Small Business
Although USB printers are designed to be used directly with a single computer, not only cannot they be shared, they can also be shared wirelessly with a workgroup. There are two different approaches to sharing them with Multiple computers over a wireless network. One of the options. Connect the printer directly to the USB port of the wireless router with print server, if conveniently located. Connect the USB printer to the wireless printer server. Using a wireless print server that supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup makes the process extremely easy.
Connecting the Printer to the Router
Using a USB cable, connect the printer to the USB port of your wireless router. Generally speaking, higher level routers will offer this feature.
Turn on the printer and wait at least 60 seconds for the router to recognize it.
Launch the router software on your computer to configure the router to enable print server mode. Some routers, such as the Apple AirPort Extreme, do not require this step.
Install your router’s virtual port driver along with the printer driver on any computer that you want to have access to the shared printer. In most cases, you just need to insert the CD that came with your router and follow the instructions on the screen.
Using a wireless print server
Plug the power adapter of the print server into the wall and plug the power cord into the power connector on the back of the print server If it has a power switch, turn it on.
Connect the USB port of the printer to the USB port of the print server using a USB cable. Turn on the printer.
Wait for the print server to finish downloading and recognizing the printer. Each print server is different, but if you give it a minute until a few lights do NOT light up, it should be ready to go.
Connect the print server to the network by pressing and holding the WPS button on the router for five seconds.
Go to the print server as quickly as possible, press and hold its WPS or INIT button for five seconds. Wait at least 30 seconds for the print server to complete the connection to your network.
Install the print server virtual port software on any computer you want to connect to a printer.
.Samsung Laser Printers
How to set up a printer on a wireless network via USB in Windows
Learn how to set up a printer on a wireless network in Windows 7, 8, and 10, and how to manually connect a printer via USB. This information uses an example network with WPA2 as the encryption method. Although WEP is supported, it is highly insecure and should be avoided. Any modern router supports WPA or WPA2, which is the best Alternative.
Before you start, you need to know the following information:
IP address of your router or access point (default gateway).
Your wireless network name (SSID).
Encryption method for your network (WEP / WPA / WPA2).
The security key for your network (the password you enter to connect).
It is recommended that you download the latest printer and scanner drivers for your printer.
If you have NOT installed the print driver yet, go to the Software and Driver Downloads section and enter your printer model in the search text box to download the latest driver.
How to Turn a USB Printer into a Wireless Printer | Small Business
Your wired printer does whatever you like, so there is good reason to replace it. However, if you want less wiring, less clutter, or less clutter for employees, you can purchase a USB wireless print server to make your existing printer wireless. Three possible options. These are Cisco, Netgear and HP wireless print servers.
Insert the installation CD into your computer. Select the printer setup option and click Next.
Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your printer. When prompted Connect the wireless print server to your computer with a single Ethernet cable.
Connect one or more printers to the wireless print server using USB cables.
Select “Set up my computer” after the wizard returns to the home screen. Click “Next” after each page to continue with the wizard so that your computer can control the wireless printer.
Close the installer when finished. Insert the CD into another computer or laptop to install the printer software on the other computer. In the installer, select “Configure Computer”. Repeat this process on all of your wireless computers.
HP Wireless Printing Upgrade Kit
Turn off the printer and plug the printer adapter into the USB port on the printer.
Connect the printer adapter to a wall outlet or extension cord using the supplied cable.
Insert the installation disc into your computer to install the software. Do not connect adapter to PC yet.
Click Install to start the automatic installation. When prompted, plug the USB adapter into a USB port on your computer. Continue with the wizard until the installation is complete. Close the wizard to start using the printer wirelessly.
Cisco Wireless-G PrintServer
Connect the printer to the print server using a USB cable Connect the print server to the router using an Ethernet cable. Turn on the printer. Connect the power adapter to the wireless printer and to a power outlet.
Insert the supplied CD into a computer connected to the network. Click the “Installation Wizard” to start the unattended installation process.
Select a print server from the list when it appears and click Next. On each screen, you can change information such as the wireless security type or password. After making your changes, click Next. “
Make sure you are satisfied with the settings on the confirmation screen. Click “Yes” to save changes.
Select User Install on the main installation screen to customize each computer. Complete the wizard installation with the correct printer drivers and software. Click “Next” after each screen.
Click “Finish” to complete the setup for each computer. Insert the disc into other PCs on the network and repeat User Install for each computer you want to access the printer.
How to connect a printer to a computer
Connecting a computer to a printer is easier than ever as we enter an age of innovative technology, but it seems that the quantity, colors, sizes and complexity of all wiring can get lost in translation. Even if you think you know how to connect point A to point B, it takes much more than just plugging and unplugging to get the results you want.
In our digital age, there are two types of printing. Wired and wireless, we’ll show you how to connect your printer to your computer, laptop or device.
First of all, make sure you remove the printer correctly from the box with all parts included for a quick and orderly assembly. Easy to go through the simplest part, blinded by excitement and haste, and even easier to skip the simplest step.
Once you’ve laid out all the puzzle pieces and are ready to set up, plug the two-pronged end of the power cord into a conveniently located outlet. Your printer may turn on automatically, or you may need to press the power button to wake it up. This is where we come from.
How to connect a printer using a wired USB cable
If you receive this notification, follow the computer’s intuitive prompts and click the notification. He could do all the hard work for you. If your computer provided you with the opportunity to independently resolve all issues, follow these steps.
Open Windows Settings
- In the lower left corner of the screen Click the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- At the bottom of the leftmost column, you should see a gear icon indicating your settings. Window
Access to devices
- In the first line of Windows settings, find and click the “Devices” icon
- In the left column of the “Devices” window, select “Printers and Scanners”
- This will open in a new window a page with the first option being “Add a printer or scanner”.
Connect your printer
- After you clicked “Add Printer or Scanner”, Windows should detect your printer is connected via USB cable
- When your printer name appears, click it and complete the installation according to your computer’s instructions
That’s all! Your printer should be plugged in and up and running, ready to print beautiful pages.
How to connect a printer via a wireless network. Find your settings
- Once turned on and ready to set up, you need to connect the printer to your home Wi-Fi
- Although the installation steps vary by manufacturer, most modern printers will have an LCD screen, which lists the available Wi-Fi networks.
- On this screen Click around and find the setup page that allows you to configure your wireless LAN settings
Link my Wi-Fi network
- After accessing the local network settings, you will need to find the home network service set identifier, better known as the SSID
- You can find your SSID by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon located in the lower right corner of the taskbar
- Your SSID is also located on the bottom or side of your ISP’s router
- With the SSID selected, you are ready to enter your network password
- Onc After input, the printer is prepared for all printing operations
Find your printer settings
- Click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the desktop screen to open the Windows Start menu.
- Find the link to the gear icon so that in the settings window and Click the “Devices” icon
Connect your printer to your computer
- On the Devices screen, you should find the Add Printer or Scanner option.
- After clicking on it, the name of your printer. Usually with the manufacturer’s name and model number. Should appear as available.
- Select “Add a device” and your computer will do the rest to complete the wireless setup.
How to connect the printer to portable devices
It seems as if we are constantly attached to our favorite portable devices and rely on them for hundreds of daily tasks. New and constantly improving technologies allow those on the road to type with a touch of a finger. Need to quickly convert the contents of your 6 “screen to letters and images on a 8½” x 11 “piece of paper? We’re here to show you how.
How to connect a printer to your iPhone or iPad. Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- In Apple settings, select “Wi-Fi” to view all available networks.
- For hassle-free processing Make sure your iPhone / iPad and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (this is especially important in an office setting where multiple networks may be connected)
Find your printer
- Open the app on your Apple device that you want to print from
- After you get the document you want, tap the app share icon
- From the list of shared options, tap the Print icon and select your printer
Complete the task
- Your device will display a print preview page, which asks you how you might want to customize the print job and the number of copies you want to make.
- After you have finished entering information, click “Print” and the job will be completed.
How to connect a printer to your Android device
Like their smart competitors, Android technology continues to evolve over time and gives people on the road even more freedom from their computers and desktops.
Thanks to Google engineers, Google Cloud Print has been created to provide seamless cloud printing. The app lets you print from your Android phone or tablet and can even be downloaded to your laptop.
Add your printer to Google Cloud Print
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer
- Click the three dots located in the upper right corner of the browser window
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll down to Settings and click on Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to print and click Google Cloud Print
- Click “Manage Virtual Printer Devices”
- In the new window click “Add Printers”
- Select the name of your wireless printer after Make sure your printer is connected.
Download the Google Cloud Print app to your device.
- Launch the Play Store from your device’s home screen.
- Enter “Cloud Print” in the Play Store search box
- Select Cloud Print from Google Inc. Install the app
Print from your device
- Open the file you want to print from your device (it can be in your photos, email, documents, etc.)
- Click on the three folded dots in the upper right corner of the selected document and select “Print”.
- Select the Appropriate Printer and Touch the printer icon to complete the job. What should I do?
This usually happens with older printers that are not quite compatible with your computer’s current operating system. If your Windows computer does not recognize the printer, go back to the Devices tab in Windows preferences. Click “Add Printers and Scanners” and let the computer search again.
If it still does NOT appear, the “Required printer is not listed” option should appear under the Update button. The Windows Integrated Troubleshooting Guide will take over the search for available associated printers. Once detected, Windows will provide you with the Corresponding driver to download to complete the installation.
If the troubleshooter still cannot connect the printer, go to your printer manufacturer’s website for a better understanding of why the connection is failing.
I can’t install the printer software on my computer, what should I do?
Technology can be extremely fussy, especially when it’s brand new and you expect everything to run smoothly. If your computer does NOT respond to connecting a new printer by Prompting you to install the printer software, here is a simple solution.
Sometimes it only takes a small direct connection to get it working. Your printer should ship with a USB cable, whether wired or wireless.
Connect the cable to the printer and to a USB port on your computer. Direct linking should cause your computer to recognize the printer and run the software needed to complete the installation.
If your computer is still NOT responding, make sure you have enabled automatic device installation. Follow these steps to confirm or update your settings.
Access to the control panel
Here’s the Windows Start Menu, use the Cortana search engine to find Control Panel, just type Control Panel.
Find device installation options
In the control panel window, use the search bar in the upper right corner and enter “change device installation settings.” This will bring up a pop-up window with a printer icon next to it, which will allow you to change the installation parameters.
After clicking the “Change device installation options” button, a new window will appear asking if you want Windows to load drivers and realistic icons for your devices. Click “Yes”, save your changes and you’re done!
My device cannot print over the network, what should I do?
You have completed all the steps, but your print job is stuck. Make sure everything is plugged in, turned on and ready to go. This checklist should glue all the pieces together.
Is the printer connected correctly?
This can be over USB for wired printers or over Wi-Fi for wireless printers.
The printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network?
Check your printer’s wireless settings again to make sure it is connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Take a look at your router to confirm the SSID and password and try re-entering the network information into the printer.
The printer is too far away?
While we would like our devices to work flawlessly from anywhere in our home or office, the reality is that the closer you are to the source, the better your device will respond. Try to print the print job closer again, or try moving the printer closer to the wireless router.
The correct driver still works?
The downloaded driver may be damaged and need to be reinstalled. After uninstalling the current driver from your computer, visit the printer manufacturer’s website to find and download the most recent driver.
If you answered yes to all four questions but still encounter an unprintable printer, use your printer’s user manual for troubleshooting. They should be able to PROVIDE solutions to your problems and call technical support.
About the author: Tulie Finley-Moise. Article author for HP® Tech Takes. Tula. Digital content specialist based in San Diego, California with a passion for the latest news in technology and digital media.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via a usb cable. Connecting the printer to the laptop
Modern man is NOT limited to the acquisition of only computer equipment. Quite often, PC owners purchase additional peripheral devices that significantly expand the user’s experience. In particular, a printer that allows you to quickly print the necessary documents, photographs and other materials is in active demand.
Users try to use a wireless connection whenever possible
However, in order for this miraculous technique to be ready for work, the user must know how to connect the printer to the laptop, what changes should be made to the settings.
Experienced users will confidently confirm that the printer can be connected to a laptop in several ways, among which the most common is connecting directly via an interface USB cable, and it is also possible to connect and ensure the operation of the device wirelessly, via Wi-Fi. The user himself focuses on the connection option that is most acceptable for him and accompanied by lower costs.
If the owner of a laptop wants to know how to connect a printer to a laptop, then you can use the instructions that are necessarily supplied with the new equipment. In it you can not only read, but also view the connection diagrams, thanks to which the whole process will become absolutely clear.
Most often, manufacturers supply drivers with new technology, readable and installed from the included disk. Initially, users must insert this disc into the laptop drive.
In most cases, driver discs are equipped with auto-start, so the process will start automatically. If the automatic launch did not occur, then you should view the contents of the disk, find the setup file there and start the driver installation manually.
During the installation of drivers from the disk, the program to invite the user to connect a printing device, of course, should comply with such requirements, especially since there is nothing complicated about it. The connection is via a USB cable plugged into any USB port. Also at this point, it is important not to forget to plug in the power plug, provide the device for printing with power, and load paper, since you will need to print a test page in the end.
If the driver installation from the disk is completed successfully, an encouraging phrase will appear on the laptop screen, after which you can immediately proceed to printing documents.
Many advanced users want to know how to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi, providing a comfortable wireless connection.
The possibility of such a connection exists, but, unfortunately, not for every technical means, therefore it is very important that its parameters correspond to the requirements put forward. There are three options for connecting wirelessly over Wi-Fi:
- Performing all actions in manual mode;
- Based on driver installation;
- Thanks to the WPS function.
If the printing device is equipped with the HP Smart Install function, it must first be connected via USB, then it will start the above function. The installation process starts automatically, at a certain stage the connection option will be prompted. At this point, the user must specify the connection via Wi-Fi.
The installation wizard will independently make the appropriate changes to the settings, ensuring the wireless connection, after which the USB cable of the printing device is disconnected from the laptop.
Can I connect my printer to my laptop using HP Smart Install? You can find out by reading the technical capabilities documentation.
In the case when the printer and router support WPS, there is another amazing opportunity to understand how to connect the printer to a laptop without a disk.
Both the printing equipment and the router must activate the WPS function. Such actions can be done, go to the menu of the printer and router. In many cases, the hardware has a special button, by pressing and holding it for a while, you can simply activate WPS. You can get information about the availability, location of this button and the duration of the hold by studying the instructions for the purchased equipment.
It is also possible to connect the printer via Wi-Fi by performing some settings manually. To do this, start the wireless connection setup in the settings, then search for all available networks. Having found your own network, you should connect to it by entering the Set password.
There is a Wi-Fi icon on the printer, it is he who will signal the correctness of all the prescribed actions, since when the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi indicator will light up. In this case, you will have to run a full driver installation from the disk, and upon completion print a test page.
It is very common to have printing problems even after successfully connecting the printer. This indicates that the printer settings are accompanied by errors, so the user should know how to properly set up printing.
Launching a document to print
You can start printing in several ways. The first allows you not even to open the program interface, it is enough to simultaneously name two CtrlP buttons. However, in this case, it should be borne in mind that printing will start, but only a complete document and strictly in one copy. This is not very convenient, since there are cases when you need to print only SEVERAL pages or issue several copies at the same time.
In this regard, experienced users recommend making individual settings through the interface of the program used. The owner of the laptop should be named by the line “Print”, after which a Dialogue window will open, where several options will be offered, among which you must select the one that the user needs.
Here you can set several copies at once, print only the specified pages, start double-sided printing, as well as several pages on one sheet.
Before the final output of the image to print, you can use the preview function. This will help avoid unnecessary waste of toner or ink if the image needs additional adjustments. Also in the settings you can set the economy mode of printing, while consuming less toner or ink.
So, the installation of the printing device can be carried out by any user, even those who do not have the skills in this matter. It is important to consistently follow the recommendations for installing the driver from the disk so that the process of connecting the printer to the laptop is successful.
How to connect a printer to a laptop
The need to combine computer equipment. PCs or laptops. with peripheral devices arises quite often. Depending on the desired result, you will need one or another device.
If the task is to transfer graphic or textual information to paper, a printer comes to the rescue. How to connect it to a laptop?
How to connect a printer to a laptop. Wi-Fi wireless network
The principle of combining a printer and a laptop is almost identical to connecting to a PC printer. The only difference is that there is an additional way to connect devices using a wireless Wi Fi connection. This method is very convenient, as it eliminates the need to “tie” to the wires. Although this requires both devices to have wireless connectivity.
Method 1. HP Smart Install
- Includes printer and laptop.
- If the printer supports HP Smart Install, pair it with a laptop using a USB cable and activate this function. Next, wait for the installation program to start. Then choose the connection method. Wi-Fi and follow the prompt of the installation wizard. Once the wireless setup is complete, the USB cable can be disconnected and will NOT be required anymore.
- Now your devices “see” each other.
You can find out if your device has this function in the instructions for the technique.
Method 2. WPS
This method is suitable when the router and printing device support WPS technology. How to find out? For a printer. in the instructions for it, for a router. on the back (bottom) side of the device. If the technology is available, you will see the WPS icon (two consecutive arrows forming a circle) and a pin code, which will be useful during the connection, or go to the router interface.
- Find the WPS button on the router and press it.
- The indicator should light up.
- Find the Similar key on the printer and press it too.
- Wait a couple of minutes. the connection is established.
If the WPS buttons are commentary, Let’s configure WPS on the router.
- To do this, open the router interface.
- Go to “Security”. “WPS Setup” and set the value “Enabled”.
- In the Device PIN parameter, specify the pin code of your router.
- Disable MAC filtering.
This connection method is more secure than its predecessor.
- Including printer.
- Go to the control panel in the “Settings” section and select the “Network” item.
- Next, the search for all wireless networks will begin. The results of the “work” of the wizard will appear as a list of networks.
- Select Necessary based on the network name. SSID. If you are not all types of it, enter the name manually (case sensitive).
- Then enter the network password (case sensitive). WPA or WEP key.
- Turn on the laptop and install the appropriate printer drivers if necessary.
How to connect a printer to a laptop. USB cable
- Including laptop and printer.
- Connecting them together using a USB cable.
- Next, install the drivers. To do this, take the disc that comes with the laptop and insert it into the device’s drive. If there is a disk, download the drivers from the official website of the manufacturer.
- We will install according to the instructions.
- After that, the printer should appear in the list of printers on your laptop.
- Print a test page.
How to connect a printer to a laptop. printing setup
There are times when, even after successfully combining devices. a printer and a laptop, difficulties with printing documents still remain. To eliminate them, click on the “Print” item of the document you want to print. In the opened dialog box Set print parameters:
- In the “Name” field, select the device with which the document will be printed. printer.
- In the “Pages” section, sets the print interval (if you are only interested in part of the document).
- Specify the required number of copies, as well as the need for double-sided printing.
- Go to the “Properties” section. mark the print orientation (portrait or landscape), layout parameters and Set print quality (highest / standard). If you need to save toner, activate this option (in the “Graphics” tab).
How to connect a printer to a laptop in a few minutes
Over the past few years, a lot has changed in the field of computing: what seemed to be something extraordinary before, is now considered quite common and familiar. As an example, we can recall the history of the popularization of manipulators of the “computer mouse” type. It is quite possible that someone else remembers the heyday of the DOS system, when mice, if there were, were fully supported by only a very small number of programs. However, the Windows operating system appeared: first 3.1 (we DO NOT indicate the previous versions because of their low popularity), then 3.11 and, finally, the famous Win 95. Since that time, such an exotic device like a mouse has become, in fact, an integral part of any computer. Although it was quite possible to do without it. As you know, history develops in a spiral: now it is difficult to imagine oneself as a full-fledged electronic assistant without a printer. It is not surprising that the Internet is replete with questions like “how to connect a printer to a laptop.” Anyone can buy a device, but certain difficulties may arise with the setup. For example, one of the popular questions on forums is “how to connect a printer to a laptop.” This the moment is quite logical, especially considering the popularity of portable computers.
Before we describe the procedure, immediately warn the reader that it is not at all easy to understand the question “how to connect a printer to a laptop”. But elementary. Are you ready to become a little guru? Then, read on!
In fact, any owner of a computer equipped with a printing device should be asked how to connect a printer to a laptop. There are differences. All actions are identical.
The vast majority of modern models of printers are connected to a computer via a USB interface cable. All connectors and plugs are standardized. So, after unpacking the printing device, you need to read the instructions for it, since preparatory steps may be required. Then we insert the CD that comes with the printer into the drive and start installing the driver: when the Autostart function is active, everything starts automatically, otherwise you need to open the disk structure and start setup manually. During installation, the program will ask you to turn on the printer. To do this, plug the USB cable from the device into any free USB port on your computer; insert sheets of paper and supply power (plug and power button).
If everything is fine, then the driver will report successful installation.
By the way, this method of connecting a laser printer to a computer is also suitable for inkjet models. That is, for everything to work, you need to physically connect the interface, install the driver and supply power.
It’s a little more difficult to figure out how to connect a printer via wi fi. If your printing device model contains a wireless module, you need to configure your laptop and printer for point-to-point operation. For models with an Ethernet interface, you need to purchase an access point and connect the device to it. The laptop will have to install a network printer (work by IP address). And, of course, one of the simplest (but not so cheap) solutions is to “share” the printer from another computer with a Wi-Fi unit.
How to connect a printer to a laptop. Step by step instructions
If a similar need arises, in this article you will learn how to connect a printer to a laptop. These recommendations are also suitable for connecting a scanner or multifunctional device to any laptop model. Step-by-step instructions will help the novice user quickly cope with the task and eliminate installation problems.
At this point, follow these instructions:
- Find a suitable location for the printing device. Please note that the cable is sufficient for the computer. If it is still too short, you can purchase an extension cord.
Choose a USB port in your laptop, and not occupied by other connections and NOT used for external storage of information. If you do not have free ones. buy a splitter, which is from one connector, it will make 5, or even 7.
Connect the printer to the laptop. It is best to do this when both devices are turned off. This is less likely to cause errors.
Connect the printing device to the network using the power cable.
Turn on the printer and boot the computer.
On the laptop, you will receive a notification that a new device is connected.
Installing the software
In order for the printer to start working correctly and “make friends” with your laptop, you need to install the appropriate drivers. There are several ways to do this:
Each device in the kit comes with a CD with the corresponding drivers, after installing which, your laptop will be able to print. Proceed as follows.
- Insert the CD into the drive;
- If you have not configured disk autoload, open it through the My Computer icon;
- At startup, follow the step by step instructions and install the drivers.
Installing the driver from the Internet.
If there is no factory driver disc, or you want to install the printer on a device that has a broken or missing drive, such as a beech, follow the instructions below.
- Open any search engine in your browser;
- Enter the exact model of the printer in the query line and add “drivers”;
- When downloading the driver, giving preference to the official sites of the manufacturer;
- Downloaded the necessary software, carry out the installation according to the step-by-step recommendations that the installation wizard will offer you.
It is possible that you do not need additional drivers to configure the printer. This often happens when its model is much “older” than the laptop model. You just need to wait a few minutes until the new device is recognized and a notification appears on the computer that it is connected and ready to work.
For the smooth operation of the printing device, it is advisable to reboot the laptop and turn off. turn on the printer.
To make sure that the printer is working correctly and is connected correctly, Let’s make a test print of any document. For this:
- Open any text document. One page or even one line is enough for the test.
- Let’s print it out. This can be done by pressing the combination of two buttons on the keyboard Ctrl P.
- If printing does not occur, in the text document in the program menu, select the “print” function or find a graphic image of the printer and click on it.
- You can check the correctness of the connection through “start”. “devices and printers”. Go to this subsection, you will see the model of your printer and the readiness of the device for work.
If you followed our step-by-step instructions, you should be fine with the connection. Often the refusal to print a document is:
- On the laptop, by default, another device is selected where documents for printing are received, it should be changed to the desired model;
- No paper, toner, or ink in the printer. You will see a notification about this on the printing device itself. The display of the newer model of the printer will show a corresponding inscription on the old one. the red light will blink;
- The cable connection of the laptop and the printer was connected;
- The printer is not on the network.
Check all of the above nuances, then restart your laptop and computer. If you still have trouble installing, check with the printer manufacturer. The specialist will give more detailed explanations for a specific model.
How to connect a printer to a laptop?
Now you will not surprise anyone with a printer, it has become quite affordable for an ordinary user. Next, we will look at how to connect a printer to a laptop, and make sure that you do not necessarily need a desktop computer to use it.
Previously, printers were connected to the LPT port of a computer, but now most of them are connected via USB, and moreover, they support the “plug and play” function, which allows you to use them almost immediately without configuration.
When buying a printer, it is imperative to find out how to connect it so that it does not turn out that the laptop has the required port. As already mentioned, most modern printers are most often connected via USB, and you will need to purchase a suitable cable, as it may simply not be included in the package.
Connecting such a printer to a laptop is not at all difficult. One end of the printer cable has a standard USB connector, which must be plugged into a laptop. The other end will most likely be USB type B, which should already be connected to the printer. It is impossible to make a mistake in this case.
If the printer supports the plug and play function, then after connecting the cable and turning on the power, it will be automatically installed by the system and will immediately be ready for work. The complete set with the printer should almost always come with a disk with software and drivers, and if the printer is not installed by itself, you will have to use the disk.
At least to connect the printer, you may need to install drivers from the disk, after which it will immediately begin to be detected by the system. You may need to install additional software to manage the printer if you need to set special print settings.