How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android: 6 Detailed Instructions for Copying Numbers
If you decide to change your iOS smartphone or tablet to a device with a different operating system, the immediate question is how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. In fact, there are many ways to drop entries from one phone book to another.
We will only consider those that definitely allow you to move phone numbers. Each method will have step-by-step instructions. It will be interesting!
How to transfer SIM contacts
Let’s say right away that there is no answer to the question of how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM using standard means. This can be done only by “non-standard” means, that is, by jailbreak. Once done, copying from iPhone to SIM won’t be too difficult. This is done as follows:
As for the final stage of how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android using SIM, it is better to save them to your Google account.
Manually Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
The easiest way to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android is to do it manually. To do this, go to the phone book, select an entry, scroll to the end and click on the “Share Contact” item. Then choose a convenient method of sending: via SMS or e-mail. And on the second smartphone, save the entry to the telephone directory.
The advantage of manually transferring contacts is simplicity. The user does not need to use a computer or additional programs. It is also a convenient way if you want to forward only certain contacts.
The disadvantage is sending one number at a time. As a result, the number of entries in the phone book affects the time of transferring contacts. Therefore, this method of transferring contacts from iPhone to Android is recommended for users with a small base of phone numbers.
To use Google Photos, open the service page in a web browser or install the Google Photos app from the Appstore on your iPhone. Upload photos to it (drag them to the window or click the “Upload” button and select the files you need from the catalog).
After that, the photos will be available to you on any Android smartphone or tablet. To get quick access to them, install a similar program from Google Play on your device. The browser version for a mobile gadget is not very convenient.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android (Without PC or Apps)
Those who have a Google account (and everyone who has registered a Gmail mailbox has one) can use this social network to exchange multimedia data between all their devices.
If you are using the browser version of Google, it is more convenient to switch to the classic view for uploading photos (the button is located at the bottom of the side menu). In it, unlike the new one, the function of downloading multimedia files is in plain sight.
Click on the camera icon shown in the screenshot below.
In the “For whom” field, specify the users who will be able to view your photos, and once again click on the camera icon.
Next, drag the pictures to the window or click “Add photo” and upload them from the device.
For convenience, you can install the Google mobile application on both devices. iPhone and Android. It is available for free download on both the App Store and Google Play.
Export iPhone Contacts via iCloud
If Google services are not available on your Android device or do not work for some unknown reason, the two methods described above will not work. Then it’s rational to export contacts using iCloud. The service will allow you to get a copy of the phone book in a file with which it is easy to import contacts into an Android smartphone or tablet.
This requires the following series of operations:
How to Transfer iCloud Contacts to Android
- Make sure that the contact sync option is activated on the device. To do this, you need to go to the iCloud item, in the settings section. The switch opposite the “contacts” item must be active.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to www.iCloud.com. Enter Apple ID details and sign in to iCloud.
- Click on the “Contacts” shortcut. In the list that appears, select “All contacts”.
- We select the list of numbers. If you need to copy the contacts of the entire phone book, click on any number from the central column and hold down the CTRLA keys on the keyboard if Windows is used or CMDA if it’s MAC.
- Next, click on the shortcut in the form of a gear and select the item “Export vCard” in the list, after which the file will automatically download to the computer disk.
The downloaded file must be transferred to the Android memory card of a smartphone or tablet, and then run from the file manager. Contacts will be automatically imported into the phone book. If this did not happen, then you need to open the “Contacts” application, select Import / Export from the drop-down list. Then select the import source: from SD card or external media. After select save to phone.
The advantage of this method is to transfer contacts to a device with missing Google services. Among the shortcomings, one should highlight the presence of a computer with an Internet connection.
Dcfon android toolkit
It is a toolbox for mobile phone users. You can use this program to transfer data from phone to phone, back up phone data to computer, delete old and restore phone after all kinds of backups.
- Sign in to your account using the Apple ID and password for the account. A confirmation code will be sent to the iPhone. Connect the iPhone to the Internet, enter it on the next screen and press “Confirm” to continue.
- Download files to a PC. Choose one of them and click “Download” to save the file to your computer, which will take some time.
- Restore backup to Android phone. It will not directly import data to the connected machine. The user will be able to view the data and select only those that need to be restored on Android.
- Easily export iPhone contacts, SMS, call logs, photos from iCloud.
- Certain data types such as voice memos, bookmarks, and Safari history are not compatible with Android devices. They can be restored from iCloud to iPhone. But not on Android phones.
- Besides downloading iCloud to Android phones, you can also extract data from iCloud and upload backup to computer.
To store an iCloud backup, each Apple ID user is given 5 GB of free cloud storage space when setting up iCloud. An iCloud cloud storage account is used to easily restore all information on any iOS device. There are some prerequisites for performing iCloud Copy.
A complete list of prerequisites to be met before transferring contacts from iCloud to Android:
- The iOS device must be sufficiently charged beforehand, otherwise the sudden shutdown may damage files.
- Having an active and stable internet connection (Wi-Fi network) to avoid connection problems.
- Make sure the account has the required amount of free space.
- Next, you need to launch the “Settings” iPhone, select “Name” at the top, then log into iCloud and click “Backup”.
- Turn on the iCloud Backup switch and click Back Up Now.
Restoring a backup
It is possible to restore iTunes backup to Android using Android ToolKit. Android Backup Restore. With the program, you can easily download, view and restore an iTunes backup in minutes without overwriting your existing Android data and settings.
- Launch the program, connect the Android phone to the computer and choose among the Backup Restore functions.
- Connect Android phone to computer via USB cable.
- After completing the connection, click “Restore” to start the process.
- On the next screen, select “Restore” in the left column. The program will locate the backup files on the computer, list them one by one, and find the iTunes backup files.
- Preview and restore data.
- Select one of the files and click “View”.
- The program will read and display all the details of the file by data type.
- Confirm Android device for recovery.
- Preview, select some or all of the data and click “Recover” data from iTunes file.
- Back up data for recovery.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the desired device. Click “Continue” to confirm the restoration.
- The selected data cannot be recovered if the device does not support this data type.
- Confirm recovery on Android: d_win d_mac.
Transferring videos and photos
FoneCope iPhone Data Recovery. the most efficient way to extract photos from iPhone. The program cannot be used for free. But you can find a trial version on the FoneCope site to try out its possibilities. It not only retrieves photos from backup, but also selectively restores permanently deleted photos from iCloud.
- After launching iPhone Data Recovery, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” on the main screen. Then click “Start”, a list of files will open.
- The backup files will appear in the window, you can select the one where the photos are stored.
- Next, “scan” and select the iTunes backup to scan.
- After scanning is complete, photos will appear on the screen. You can view them.
- There is also a “Show only deleted files” option which can save you a lot of time.
- Make sure the desired image is selected before clicking “Recover” to start extracting.
- You will then be asked where to send these photos. Just choose any convenient folder.
- Most importantly, FoneCope iPhone Data Recovery is very easy to use. No special technology required.
How to Transfer Contacts from iCloud to Android: Proven Ways
iPhone and Android. the most popular smartphones. They are widely used all over the world. However, they run different operating systems, so they have different backup methods. There are many third-party tools that can simultaneously create copies of data from iPhones and Android devices, but most users prefer to do this using iTunes or iCloud. The latter option is especially popular because it is more convenient and faster. Before transferring contacts from iCloud to Android, prerequisites are met so that data migration does not become a disaster for the user.
Transfer via iMyFone TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate simplifies all the relationship between iCloud and Android, the program works in 1-Click to copy contacts to your phone, 100% safe and no data loss.
- Download and run the program on the computer. In the first interface, select “Recover from iCloud Backups”.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your iCloud account directly through the login section.
- Select an iCloud backup from the list and download it.
- Make sure the network connection is working correctly during the process.
- After the download is complete, connect the target Android device.
- To transfer iCloud contacts to Android, only the contact is selected. Then click the Start Copy button to transfer all contacts from the iCloud backup to the target Android device.
Free transfer of Contacts
Transferring contacts from Icloud to Android can be done directly with one click via Syncios Data Transfer. The program allows you to transfer data from one to another device, supporting cross-platform. Pre-download and install a compatible version of Syncios Data Transfer according to the operating system of the computer.
After successful unpacking, the programs start and select the “Switch from phone to phone” module on the home page. Before transferring contacts to Android from Aiklaud, both devices are connected to the computer using USB cables. And it is also possible to connect your Android device via Wi-Fi. Syncios will automatically download the data to the machine. When the process is complete, make sure the iPhone is on the left and the Android device is on the right. You can simply change the position by clicking the Flip button, then check the contacts in the middle of the panel to transfer them to Android.
The program supports iPhone models: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 / 5c, iPhone 4C, iPhone 4 and the latest version of iOS 10.
And all Android phones are also supported: Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge / S6 / 5 / Note / Ace / GT / Trend / Start series; HTC, LG, Moto, OnePlus, Google, Huawei, Sony, Xiaomi, Asus, Meizu and OPPO.
Viewing content in Backup
After creating a copy to iCloud, users may need to view the content. This cannot be done in the usual way, therefore, before transferring contacts from iCloud to Android, use the powerful iPhone iTransor tool. With its help, you can not only view the data contained in the copy, but also export it to the device or PC.
The sequence of viewing content via iPhone iTransor for Windows and Mac:
- Download and launch iPhone iTransor and click “Get Backup from Device and iCloud”.
- Enter their iCloud credentials and sign in to your account.
- D-Back will start searching for all iCloud backup files and display them on the screen.
- Select your preferred iCloud backup and click Next. Wait a while for it to be loaded.
- Before transferring contacts from iCloud to Android, select “Export from device and backup”.
- On the next screen, find the preferred data types and click “Scan”. The software will now scan and load the selected content from the backup file.
- After scanning, the results will be displayed on the screen.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android: 5 Ways
We tell you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android: all at once, separately or together with other data when switching to a new system.
We recently wrote about how to transfer contacts from Android smartphone to iPhone, and most of the methods in this article are also suitable for reverse transfer: from iPhone to Android.
How iCloud contact transfer works
Like other data, you can save your contacts to iCoud. To do this, you need to configure the synchronization of the phone book on the smartphone and the cloud.
- Go to your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad, go to the iCloud section and activate the slider opposite the “Contacts” item.
- To upload all files to your Android smartphone, open iCoud in your browser and log in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the section with contacts and select the necessary numbers or all records at once. To select cards, hold down CtrlA (select all) or CtrlPM (select several separately).
- Click on the gear in the lower left corner of the iCloud window and select “Export vCard”.
You can download a document with contact cards to your computer, and then send it to your smartphone: via the cloud, mail, or simply by transferring it to a microSD card. Moving contacts in this way is not the fastest way, but it allows you to transfer all the numbers from your address book to your Android smartphone at once.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android one by one
Let’s say you don’t want your smartphones to have the same contact database. For example, if you want to share a number separately, and not throw off your entire notebook at once. In this case, you can use the built-in system tools and send the number, mail and all information about the contact as one file in vcf format.
- Open the “Contacts” application on the iPhone or iPad and select the desired contact from the list.
- Click “Share Contact”.
- You can save information about the card in the “Files”, and then forward it in any way convenient for you. Or immediately choose one of the proposed sending options: for example, by mail or via messenger.
- On an Android smartphone, you only need to open the received file and save the contact data.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to Android via Google
Let’s start with the most versatile method that does not require the installation of third-party programs. unless you have a Google account, and you probably do. over, this method will help not only transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, but vice versa.
With a Google account, you can sync data across all your devices. This applies not only to smartphones with different systems, but also to personal computers, tablets and laptops. Using this method, you can also copy entries from the calendar and some applications, for example, Google Fit, to a new gadget.
- To sync contacts, go to your iPhone (or iPad) settings.
- In the Passwords & Accounts section, open your Gmail account. Or add it if there is none.
- Move the slider opposite the “Contacts” item to the active position. They will be copied to your Google account.
On an Android smartphone, you need to do the same, only the names of the menu items will be different:
- Open the settings and go to the “Users and accounts” section.
- Select the same Google account you used on iPhone.
- Activate data for synchronization (in our case. contacts).
How to transfer all contacts to a new smartphone via My Contacts Backup
There are special applications for transferring contacts, one of them is My Contacts Backup. Also, like iCloud, it creates a vCard file with your list of numbers, which can then be sent to the mail, and then downloaded to your Android smartphone.
- Go to iPhone settings and open accounts.
- Add a Google Mail account by clicking on the corresponding key.
- In the window that opens, enter your email name and password.
- Go to sync settings and transfer contacts to mail.
This will link your mail to your Apple account. Go to your Android phone and repeat the procedure. After you have finished authorization, go to the sync settings and transfer the contacts from your Gmail account to your smartphone.
My contacts backup
To use the program, you need to install it on your iPhone. Download the app from the official website and follow the instructions. My Contacts Backup can be found in the App Store, making installation a lot easier. There is no app of the same name on Android, but it is not needed.
Launch the program on the iPhone and run back up. The program will save phone numbers to the cloud in a few minutes. At the end of the process, the user will need to specify an e-mail to which the application will send the received file. When the user specifies the mail, they will also need to select a format. VCard is recommended to result in vcf format.
The program will compose a letter and attach the received file to it. Accept the message from the target device and download the information. Run the file to save contacts to the appropriate application. My Contacts Backup works like a manual transfer using iCloud.
Install iTunes on your computer by downloading the program from the official Apple website or AppStore. Turn on the app:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB or Bluetooth.
- Open your device details and click “Sync contacts with”.
- Choose which account to transfer your notebook to. For smartphones on Android, you need to select Google contacts.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Apply settings.
When the settings are saved, contacts will be automatically transferred from one phone to another.
If you have any questions. let us know Ask a question
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via Computer
A personal computer is used to transfer contacts using iCloud. But there are also special programs, using which the user will quickly save the necessary information.
To transport contacts between devices, you do not need a SIM if the information is not stored directly on it. The presented data transfer methods do not use a SIM card.
Move to iOS
As the name suggests, the program involves transferring information to the iPhone. From the presented Move to iOS applications, the only one that works in the opposite direction: transfers data from Android to iPhone. To carry out transportation, you must:
- Launch the program on iPhone.
- Connect both devices to Wi-FI.
- Go to the point of transferring information from Android. After opening the menu, read the proposed instructions to understand the upcoming procedure.
- Install the app of the same name on an Android smartphone.
- Launch the program on the phone. If both devices are connected to the same network, they should automatically pair and sync. After receiving a response from the iPhone, the Android smartphone will open the operating instructions and prompt the user to accept the license agreement.
- Get to work by entering the code that appears on the screen of your Apple device. The code is entered on the Android phone.
When the system checks and confirms the code, the application will start scanning the device. If no problems are found, you can proceed to the transfer. Otherwise, the user will be informed about the error, indicating its reason. After fixing the problem, the scanning procedure must be repeated. Possible reasons: unstable network connection, insufficient battery power, the program has not been updated to the latest version.
If no problems are found, the information transfer will start on its own and take up to 60 minutes. The duration depends on the speed of the network connection. As a result of the program, contacts, gallery, browser data are transferred, if the same is installed on the iPhone, attached accounts, mail and data of applications installed on each device.
Please be aware that pdf, djvu and music files are not portable due to their weight. They will have to be transported manually by any available means, for example, through a computer. During the transfer, do not interfere with the operation of the devices. It is advisable to put both in silent mode.