How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Apple allows you to do this in several ways.
- use iTunes;
- transfer data via iCloud.
There are no more official receptions. Is that the case with the phone book. There is no place to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without a computer. precisely, it is not as easy to do as it seems. We’ll have to use the cloud service, and it’s more convenient for them to use it via PC.
Copies in iTunes
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes? As in the previous case, this will require backing up the desired information.
- Install a fresh version of iTunes on your PC.
- Launch the application.
- Insert USB cable into PC. The other end. in iPhone.
- Select the connected device in the “Devices” section.
- In the left menu open the “General” tab.
- Click on the “Create a copy now” button.
- Select data to copy.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
Typically, a copy will be ready in a few minutes. It will be saved to iTunes. What’s next?
Transferring data from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes is actually easier than it sounds. This is the fastest and most proven method for those who don’t trust “iCloud”.
It is proposed to act as follows:
- Connect the Internet on the desired device.
- Reset the settings. When you turn on the device for the first time, this item is skipped.
- Connect iPhone to PC and launch “iTunes”.
- Select “Restore from iTunes”.
- Click on “Restore from backup”. This action will have to be done on the computer.
- If the system prompts, specify a copy to restore.
- Confirm the operation.
From now on, it is clear how you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Anyone can do it.
Let’s start by copying information using a cloud service. This technique is in great demand. All Apple product owners, after registering an AppleID profile, are allocated 5 GB of storage space. They can be transferred to any “apple” device. And copy including.
The first stage of data transfer. creating a backup. This is a required step. Without it, all further manipulations simply do not make any sense.
The instructions for creating backups via iCloud look like this:
- Open “Settings” in the main menu of the device.
- Go to iCloud.
- Click on “Repository and Copies”.
- Click on the “Create a copy” button.
- Confirm the operation.
Enter information from AppleID if required. The absence of this profile will result in the data not being copied. This means that it will not be possible to restore or transfer them to another phone.
It is worth paying attention to the preservation of the phone book. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
- insert the SIM card into another device (the numbers saved on the SIM card will be copied automatically);
- use the cloud service “iCloud”;
- use iTunes.
The simplest solution is to replace the SIM card. But sometimes this technique doesn’t work. Under these circumstances, it is more difficult to answer how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are some instructions to follow. Without them, it will not work to bring the idea to life.
Recovering from “iCloud
Now you can start downloading information to your new Apple device. It is advisable to do this the first time you turn on the phone. This technique will avoid unnecessary actions.
To transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Select the language and country of residence of the person.
- Set geolocation enable settings.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Click on the line “Recover from iCloud”.
- Enter data from the previously used AppleID. The one in which the information was copied.
- Click on the “Accept” button.
- Select the desired backup.
- Wait for the process to complete.
After a few minutes, the operating system will boot. The person will see a message stating that the data has been successfully recovered. Now you can use them on the selected device.
If a person wants to transfer data from iCloud to him after working with the iPhone, he will have to reset the settings. Then proceed according to the previously suggested instructions. No more options.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: Tips and Tricks
Today we are going to find out how you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. This question is relevant for many owners of Apple phones. The point is that this manufacturer is improving its products from year to year. Apple is releasing new devices faster and faster. You don’t want to lose your data when you change the gadget. Therefore, you have to think about how to transfer them. Fortunately, it’s not that hard to do.
About factory reset
As we already said, if data recovery is performed on a smartphone that was previously used, you will have to reset the parameters. Consider the simplest way to solve the problem.
For it, we only need an iPhone. Further, it is proposed to do this:
- Press the “Home” button and open the main menu of the device.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “General”. “Reset”.
- Select the desired item. It is best to click on “Reset settings and data”.
- Agree to the warning.
- Click on “Reset”.
- If necessary, specify information from “Apple ID”.
How to move photos to iCloud. Solving Photo Upload Gaps
Uploading photos to iCloud is a very useful and convenient feature on your smartphone. The vault keeps your information safe and saves storage space on your device. However, for the average user, this may seem like a daunting task. When faced with difficulties, it is important to understand why photos are not uploaded to iCloud.
How to Transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone using iCloud
Saving Photos to iCloud
Many people wonder how to move photos to iCloud. The work is synchronized between devices from “Apple”. If you edit or delete them, then they will change on all devices.
While using Apple technology, a person may need information storage. How to save photos to iCloud, only advanced users know.
- Update your device to the most recent version of the operating system.
- Set up iCloud on all devices used.
- Log in to your personal account using your Apple ID account.
- Next, turn on the library and send all the necessary information from your phone or computer to the storage.
If a person transfers some images to the “photos” section, then the content changes and is updated on all the equipment from “Apple”. When a user changes his mind about editing document graphics and wants to return the old version, for this, the original is simply restored, which is stored on his device.
upload photos from iPhone to iCloud
With the help of the library, the user can work with files on all devices from Apple. However, not everyone knows how to transfer photos to iCloud storage.
- Choose a place where the photo or video will be stored.
- Make sure the operating systems on your phone or computer do not require updates.
- Set up storage on all devices. If it is Windows OS, then log into it with the same account.
- On the iPhone, you need to go to the settings, then click on the username, go to iCloud and activate it in the “Photos” section. In earlier versions of the operating system, you need to go to settings / iCloud / photo.
This way you can upload photos from your smartphone to the storage. If you delete a file, it will be deleted from all devices that use iCloud.
You can recover deleted photos or videos within a month.
iCloud supports all formats that Apple devices can shoot. Videos and photos are imported in the format in which they were originally created. These include: GIF, PNG, MP4, JPEG and so on.
All files stored in iCloud take up some space on the device and in the storage itself. If you have enough memory, you can send as many files as you like. By registering, a person gets 5 gigabytes for storing photos and videos for free. If you need to copy more, you can purchase a subscription.
For 1 a month, a person can get 50 gigabytes.
Following the instructions, a person will not wonder how to transfer photos from iPhone to iCloud.
transfer files using the web interface
You can upload images or videos to the cloud not only from official devices. Also using a browser on a Mac desktop or Windows. Before that, you need to activate iCloud Drive. To do this, you need to log into your account on the iCloud website using your Apple ID.
The browser must comply with all the recommended settings from the official user support.
To download information, you need:
- Move all the necessary documents from the home screen or computer folder to a special window in iCloud Drive. It can be in the form of a small office folder. The icon will change color when the desired file is directed to it.
- Click on the “Download” tab. This is the toolbars tab.
- Next, you need to select all the files that you need to download.
- Click on “Select”.
You can also email files from within iCloud Drive itself. To do this, you need to select all files to send and click on the tab with e-mail. A new email window will appear with attached photos or videos. Then you need to add recipients. Specify the text message itself and the subject. Then you can send it, for this there is a “Send” tab, it is located at the top of the right email window.
Why photos are not uploaded: the main problems
This problem can be experienced by users who have exceeded their download volume. This is a very common reason why photos are not uploaded to iCloud. The free version provides only 5 gigabytes. To get rid of this problem, you can purchase the required amount of space or delete unused photos or videos.
If you do this in the repository itself, then they will not be in the “Recently Deleted” section.
Also, the problem may arise if you use a different account. You need to upload files from the same Apple ID phone.
Using iCloud on iPhone
Below we will consider the key features of iCloud, as well as the rules for working with this service.
IPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Files app and click Browse.
- Under Locations, click iCloud Drive Select.
- Select the folders or files you want to delete, then click the trash can icon.
- Go to the “Places” “Recently Deleted” “Select”.
- Select the files you want to delete.
- Click Remove.
Files in iCloud Drive can be managed through the iCloud Drive folder in the Finder app:
- Turn on iCloud Drive on your Mac if needed.
- Go to the Apple () Apple ID System Preferences and click the iCloud icon.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Turn on iCloud Drive. In the “Options” section, select the appropriate applications or folders for the files you want to manage.
Free up space in iCloud
In terms of available storage space for iPhone backups, photos, and other files, Apple only gives users 5GB of storage for free. If you opt for the free version of iCloud, the storage may need to be freed up periodically.
- Open your Apple ID settings and then select the “iCloud” section.
At the top of the window, you can see which files are taking up space in the cloud and how much. To proceed to cleaning, tap on the “Manage storage” button.
Select the application, the information in which you do not need, and then tap on the “Delete documents and data” button. Confirm this action. Do the same with other information.
Deleting Voice Memos
With the Voice Memos app in iCloud, your voice memos are saved in iCloud. They can be quickly removed if additional space is needed.
Open the Voice Recorder app and delete the unnecessary note. It is moved to the Recently Deleted folder, from where it is permanently deleted after 30 days. Until then, it can be restored or deleted permanently. You can restore or delete all notes at once using the appropriate options.
In iOS 11 or earlier and macOS High Sierra or earlier, voice memos are included in the iCloud backup and are not stored in iCloud.
Delete text messages and attachments in the Messages app
If you use the Messages app in iCloud, all of your sent and received text messages and attachments are stored in iCloud. To free up space, delete unnecessary text messages and attachments such as photos, videos and files.
ICloud file storage
For a long time, iCloud could not be called a full-fledged cloud service, since users could not store their personal data in it. Fortunately, Apple has fixed this by implementing the Files app.
- First you need to make sure that you have activated the “iCloud Drive” function, which allows you to add and store documents in the Files application and have access to them not only on the iPhone, but also from other devices. To do this, open the settings, select your Apple ID account and go to the “iCloud” section.
In the next window, activate the item “iCloud Drive”.
And to access files, for example, from a computer, go to the iCloud service website in a browser, log in with your Apple ID account and select the “iCloud Drive” section.
The service has the ability to synchronize and, if necessary, restore all data about the user’s purchases, automatically downloads purchased applications, books or music to the iPad and iPhone.
What will be carried over to the new iPhone
Using the methods described below, the following content will be transferred to the new smartphone:
- Phone book
- Applications that were installed
- Notes, calendars, voicemail, and wherever you are
- Photos, if their synchronization is not enabled separately in the settings
- Health information
- Passwords and keychains
About third-party programs and Bluetooth
Do not use third-party computer software to perform the transfer. Firstly, this does not make any sense, everything can be done with the functions described above. these are official ways. Secondly, the likelihood of losing your personal data is high, since often such software is malicious and it is not clear where your Apple ID or photos can get.
Only certain content can be transferred via Bluetooth, for example, contacts or photos. You can read how it works in the article. how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iTunes
This option is suitable for those who cannot use the Quick Start feature and want to transfer data that exceeds their free iCloud space. ITunes must be installed on the computer.
Important! To avoid errors in the process. connect a wire no longer than 1 meter and preferably into the blue USB port of version 3.0.
Connect the iPhone to be copied to your computer and launch the program. Click on the icon of your phone, the “Overview” section should be open in the left column. In the right window, click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to finish.
The new device must also be zeroed, reset the iPhone to factory settings, as we discussed in the first chapter. You can of course not do it, turn off the locator function in the settings and just click on the restore button in the program, but it’s easier to do just the reset.
When you turn on for the first time, go to the menu for choosing where you want to restore your device from. Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes. If prompted to make the device trusted. do it.
Choose the option with iTunes on your smartphone, it may also be called “From Mac or PC from Windows”. Next, indicate that you want to restore from the copy and the copy itself. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! If the copy was encrypted, you will be asked for a password. do so. Plus, when restoring a copy from Tunes, even those applications that are no longer in the App Store will be restored.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start
The function works on devices with IOS version 11 and higher. In this case, two phones should be in your hands, since the transfer will be carried out directly.
On the receiving iPhone, you need to do a full reset, otherwise you simply won’t be able to transfer the data. If you have not turned on the phone yet, then you do not need to reset.
Open the settings, go to the “General” section, then open the “Reset” menu item and click on “Erase content and settings”. If asked to enter a code word. do it.
When you turn it on for the first time, you need to go to the settings stage (after selecting the language and region). Here you will be able to use the “Quick Start” function.
Bring the old iPhone to the new one, as close as possible, an information message will appear on its screen. click on the “Continue / Next” button.
You will be asked to point the camera of the old smartphone at the screen of the new one to confirm the action. Next, you will need to enter the password code also from the old iPhone. The transfer will begin, after which all that remains is to do the initial setup of the new iPhone. This method is as simple and fast as possible.
Important! Do not interrupt the process, do not put the old phone away while there is a message on it stating that the transfer is still in progress. Otherwise, everything will have to start over.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iCloud
We will transfer all information from the iCloud cloud to a new smartphone from an iPhone backup. In time, everything will take about the same as in the method described above.
On the phone from which data will be transferred, open the settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the “iCloud” section.
Here go to the “Backup” section and activate this function, immediately make a new copy.
The receiving iPhone should also be reset to factory settings if you’ve used it before. Do it as described in the previous chapter.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or iCloud. select iCloud. Next, enter the data from your account on which the backup was made and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! I also recommend that you read the material. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are detailed ways of how to do this as easily and quickly as possible.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: All Methods
There are several easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has made this process as easy as possible for users.
Using them, you can quickly copy everything that is stored on your current smartphone to a new one, and even the settings will be transferred.
In the previous article, we examined in detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. Now we will analyze in no less detail all possible ways of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, for example, from the old to the new one, as simply and quickly as possible. The instruction will be with explanatory pictures to make it easier for you to understand. You can also use it for iPad tablet.
Usually, the entire copying process does not take more than ten minutes, but, of course, everything will depend on the amount of content, so in some cases it may take more time.
We use to transfer iCloud
The most common way to transfer information between different iPhones without a computer. Suitable if the size of the backup does not exceed 5 GB (the amount of free available space in iCloud) or additional space has been purchased on the account. The first thing to do is transfer important information from your old iPhone:
- Through the list of applications, go to the “Settings” menu. A list of parameters available for editing will open.
- Scroll through the list and find “iCloud”. Click on it to open detailed information.
- At the very bottom, select “Storage and copies” (depending on the version of the iPhone, the item may have a different name) or “Backup”.
- If the backup has already been enabled, the date of creation of the last copy and its size will be displayed. You can delete it if necessary. Click “Create a backup” to update the existing one or make a new one. You can find out that the files have been transferred from the notification on the screen.
If the device is connected to the Internet, it will start copying information to the iCloud servers. Once this process is over, the data can be downloaded to another iPhone, and for this:
- Turn on the new device and follow the instructions of the wizard to set up until you see the block “Programs and data”.
- Select “Recover from iCloud Copy” from the list provided. Log in with your account. To do this, enter your Apple ID and password, accept the terms of the license agreement.
- A list of available copies will appear. Select the most recent one, otherwise you won’t be able to transfer files.
- The data transfer process begins. The process and the approximate time until the end of the procedure will be displayed on the screen. After that, click “Continue” to complete the iPhone setup.
After creating a backup via iCloud, you can access all files through your computer’s browser. To do this, just log in to the cloud service using your Apple ID account.
The method is convenient in that you do not need to resort to auxiliary devices (computers, flash drives) to transfer data from a previously used iPhone. The main thing is that smartphones are connected to the Internet (preferably high-speed Wi-Fi).
Only certain files can be backed up via iCloud. To do this, when creating a copy (in the “Settings” menu), select the necessary item (contacts, photos, applications).
With Tenorshare iCareFone
Special software for optimizing the operation of iOs devices. It is distributed free of charge and can be used on Windows and Mac computers. To create a backup via Tenorshare iCareFone, install the software on your PC and follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and select the “Backup and Restore” category in the program window. A new window will appear, click “Create backup”. The creation of a similar backup will begin, as in iTunes.
- A list of available backups will appear with detailed information (creation date, size).
- After that, you can transfer the data to the new iPhone from the old one. To do this, connect it to your PC and select the desired copy through the “Backup and Restore” category and click “Restore”.
- If you want to copy files of a certain format, then on the main page of the program (immediately after launch) select “File Manager”.
- We will transfer files, applications and other information that you plan to save to your computer (phone book contacts, calendar, notes). After that, they can be exported, imported between different devices.
The data will automatically download to the new iPhone. In the process, the device will reboot several times, and in some cases, you may need to confirm the actions on the computer screen. The folders with the transferred data will be automatically allocated to the iPhone memory.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
There are different ways to transfer data from one iPhone to another. To do this, it is enough to create a backup copy with all the information on the old device and transfer it to the new one. This can be done using cloud storage or special software.
We transfer through iTunes
Unlike the previous method, the size of the created backup is limited only by the characteristics of the physical media. To transfer data, you need a computer with iTunes installed. It is available for free download from the official Apple website. Procedure:
- Connect the iPhone from which you want to transfer data to your computer and launch iTunes. To do this, use a USB cable. Sign in with your Apple account.
- At the top of the program, select “File”. In the list that opens, click “Devices”. “Synchronize”. The backup will start, when the process is over, disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
- If the new iPhone has already turned on, then you need to reset it to factory settings. This can be done through the main menu.
- After you have transferred all the files, connect your new device to your computer and follow the instructions in the setup wizard until the screen displays “Setting up iPhone”. Select “Restore copies from iTunes” and confirm the action in the program on the computer.
- A recovery indicator appears on the screen. When the bar is full, synchronization will end.
iPhone Storage x iCloud Storage AWESOME Tip!!
You can disconnect your new iPhone from your computer. After turning it on, all media files, notes, documents, applications installed will already be copied on it.
To transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, you do not need to download special software to your computer or create copies in the iCloud cloud storage. To do this, you can use simpler methods:
- Send important documents and other files to your email. Then you can access them from any other device.
- Set up sync of photos, videos via Google Drive or Google Photo. The mobile application is available as a free download and can automatically transfer all photos taken on the iPhone to the cloud.
- Submit the documents you need to file hosting. Then they can be downloaded to a new iPhone or any other device using a short link. Convenient if you want to share data with multiple users or devices with a different Apple ID.
- Save the numbers of people from the phone book not to the device memory, but to the SIM card. Then they will be automatically available on the new iPhone.
- Transfer media files and documents to another device via Bluetooth. Suitable if the user does not have access to a computer or the Internet.
The methods described above are suitable for cases when you need to transfer only certain information (a few photos or documents) or the user has already bought a new iPhone, but does not want to use the old Apple ID (to access iCloud) or is unable to connect devices to a PC.
Backing up helps not only in cases when you need to transfer data between the old and new device, but also to avoid their loss. For example, if your iPhone is broken or lost. Then you can access them at any time, via iCloud or a saved backup on iTunes.
Transferring contacts through third-party applications
The process also takes a few minutes. The only thing is that you will need to download utilities and install them on devices. The most popular and simple programs are discussed below.
Gmail data sync
How to copy contacts from iPhone (e.g. XR) to Smart Android using Google Account:
Everything: the book with numbers can be checked on an Android device.
Copy contacts via iTunes
Before you can transfer contacts from iPhone (for example, iPhone 11 64GB) to Android using this method, you need to have iTunes installed on your PC.
If this is done, you can go directly to the porting of numbers:
|Step||Open iTunes on computer.|
|Step||Select device in iTunes.|
|Step||In the drop-down menu, click on “Information” (“Information”).|
|Step||Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts”.|
|Step||Then select “Google Contacts”.|
|Step||Enter your Google account details and click on “Ok”.|
All contacts will be located in the selected service.
Export contacts using Outlook
- go to “Mail”;
- click on the item “Add account”;
- select Outlook.
Enter data from this account, select data for synchronization and activate the process.
In the settings of an Android smart (for example, Huawei P40 Lite E), we do the same. It is important to enter the details of the same Outlook account that was activated on the iPhone. It remains only to wait for the end of the synchronization process.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android: 10-step instructions
Changing one smartphone to another is not difficult at all. Difficulties arise if, in addition to replacing the device, the operating system also changes (for example, from Apple iOS to Android). In this case, it will not be possible to simply synchronize the numbers. What if you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android? We consider in the article several simple ways of how to do it quickly and without problems.
The cloud service is just used to synchronize data on a smart, PC, tablet. These are the same features you need to use to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android. There are 2 variations of this method: with or without a computer. In both cases, it is necessary to carry out mini-preparation:
- open smart settings from Apple (for example, iPhone 11);
- select iCloud;
- move the slider next to Contacts to the right.
This is how the user activates the synchronization of phone book data.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android device
For this simple procedure, you can use cloud services or special programs. In the first and second cases, you will need access to the Internet. If the user’s choice falls on the programs, then they will need to be additionally downloaded. How to apply all these methods in practice is described below.
Without a computer
Don’t feel like messing with wires? We use the method without using a PC:
- do all the above steps and get a file with data from the phone book;
- send it to your mailbox;
- download the file from there to the phone;
- find and open the downloaded dock on smart and click on it.
The resulting list with numbers and names will automatically fill in the phone book of the gadget on Android.
See your contacts in iCloud?
Check for iCloud contacts by visiting iCloud.com from your computer (requires Apple ID input). The list of available contacts will be located in the Contacts section. If desired, add new contacts in the same place (the “” button in the lower left corner). All of them will appear on the iOS device after setting up synchronization.
How to copy phone book to iCloud?
Log into your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad, go to the iCloud section and activate the slider opposite the “Contacts” item. To upload all files to your Android smartphone, open iCoud in your browser and log in with your Apple ID. Go to the section with contacts and select the necessary numbers or all records at once. May 25, 2020.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Quickly?
To start transferring data from your old iPhone to your new one, click the Transfer from iPhone button. If using a cable connection, the transfer icon indicates that the devices are connected. You can also choose whether to transfer some settings from your old iPhone to your new one, such as Apple Pay and Siri.
How to upload photos from iPhone to iCloud?
To upload your photos and videos to your iOS device, select Settings [Your Name] iCloud Photos and select Keep Originals. On a Mac, open the Photos menu, choose Photos Preferences, and then choose Upload Originals to This Mac.
How to transfer all contacts from Exchange to iCloud?
- Save Exchange Contacts to iPhone.
- Install the program.
- Launch CopyTrans Contacts and connect your iPhone.
- Select Exchange contacts by checking the box next to the desired contact.
- In the window that appears, click on “iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (multiple.vcf files)
How to sync all contacts with iCloud?
On your computer, go to the iCloud website and enter your Apple ID and password. Then go to the “Contacts” section. At the bottom of the screen, click on the gear-shaped button and first select “Select all”, and then “Export vCard”. After that, a file with all your contacts will be downloaded to your computer.
How to Upload Photos from iPhone to Cloud?
Download photos and videos from iCloud.com
- Open the Photos app.
- Click Select and choose a photo or video.
- Click the “” icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select “Download” and then click “Download” to confirm.