Transferring files using iTunes
After downloading this program to your computer, it will open automatically after you connect your iPhone to your computer.
iTunes is not designed to transfer photos by design. Of course, you can use it for these purposes.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
After synchronization of both devices, the phone data will open in the application working window. The user selects the necessary photos (one or several).
When the download of the selected files occurs, the system will offer to delete the copied data from the phone.
For easy search, photos can be sorted by date, album or upload method (social networks, internet, etc.).
In addition to simply downloading files, iTunes allows the user to manage phone data through a computer. Internet-downloadable add-on updates can be downloaded using this program.
5 Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone (iPhone) to Windows or Mac Computer
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer?
The number of Apple users is growing every day. True, not everyone can understand their products. For example, the phone memory is not always enough, and it is not possible to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
What to do? Just learn the easiest ways to transfer photos to iPhone.
Import Photos and Videos from iPhone to Mac OSX
5 Easy Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone (iPhone) to Windows or Mac Computer
Transfer from iPhone to Mac
Sometimes it is difficult to sync devices with different software. For iOS users, transferring data from phone to computer with the same software is much easier.
After connecting, the Mac does not recognize the phone as a storage medium, so you need to go to data manually.
Using the menu, the user goes to the section of images. You can import all or select the required separately.
Selected photos are transferred to a specific folder or to an application (the user needs to select a location for storing files). The search for an application is carried out by its name.
You can download from a separate storage. That is, folders generated by the download method have different photos.
In the menu section, the desired application is selected, the files from which you want to copy to Mac.
There are automation settings. That is, after each connection of one iPhone, certain actions will be performed. For example, automatic app updates or downloading new files.
Otherwise, this method does not differ from connecting to Windows.
Transfer via iPhoto
The application is familiar to many users as a photo editor. One cannot but agree that the application is not new, but is it possible to use it as a channel for transferring and copying images?
First, you need to download the application for both devices. An adapted version of iPhoto exists for Windows.
Once the phone and computer are synced through the app, it opens automatically after every connection.
The iPhoto method is similar to iCloud, so many users abandon this method.
When connecting for the first time (after each OS update), you need to “entrust” the phone to the computer.
On the iPhone, a window will appear in which you need to confirm the security of the connected PC.
When syncing iOS devices, the system may interfere with work if the software version is outdated.
If the connection doesn’t work, restart your computer or phone.
If this does not help, restart the router or check the Internet connection.
To save personal data on iPhone, try not to sync the device with someone else’s PC.
All downloading and sharing of files goes through the iCloud cloud storage. The advantages of the method are that it is suitable for both IOS and Windows.
Before using the explorer, prepare the device:
- make sure the software is up to date;
- it is important to set up iCloud for all gadgets, if you are using Windows, download a special application;
- Internet connection is required, preferably wi-fi.
All files you need to transfer must be in your iCloud Music Library. If there is not enough memory for all the selected photos, you can go to the extended version.
- turn on the library through the application settings on the iPhone in the photo section;
- do the same on the computer;
- the PC most often has instructions for detailed connection.
After synchronizing the devices, the photos are automatically copied to your computer. It is also available to delete photos from iPhone while keeping the data on the computer.
Before deleting, it is advisable to check the integrity of the data.
Photos can be transferred from the computer back to the phone using the same operation.
USB cable connection
This method is designed for Windows users. Not difficult even for a novice iPhone user.
Connecting your phone to your computer via a cable
When you finish working with your phone, do not forget to safely remove.
In the lower right corner near the clock, among the trays (small icons representing minimized but active programs), find “Safely remove hardware and disks”. Left-click and select the name of your mobile phone from the drop-down menu. Now you can disconnect the USB cable.
Find where the mobile phone has a connector for USB wiring (usually it is closed with a lid, in this case, open it), connect it. An inscription about switching to USB mode will appear on the phone screen.
How to transfer a photo from a mobile phone to a computer ?
Transferring photos from your phone to your computer is very easy! For each mobile, the kit comes with the most common USB wiring. Now he sometimes enters the charger, but does not lose his functions.
You will need your mobile phone, a switched on computer, a USB connector, a USB cable from the phone and a drop of attention!
Tips and Warnings:
A notification about the connection of a new device will appear on the computer screen, then you can work with it as with a regular USB flash drive.
When the device boots up, an “autorun” window will pop up, select the “open folder to view files” option.
A folder with your mobile files will open. Find the folder you need with photos taken with your phone camera.
Trying to make communication between users of iOS products as comfortable as possible, Apple has long implemented an additional iMessage service in standard messages, which allows you to send messages and images to other iPhone and iPad users for free (in this case, only Internet traffic will be used).
First, make sure that both you and your interlocutor have iMessage activated. To do this, open the phone settings, and then go to the “Messages” section.
Check that the toggle switch next to “iMessage” is active. If necessary, enable this option.
The only thing left is to send pictures in a message. To do this, open the “Messages” application and select the icon for creating a new text in the upper right corner.
To the right of the “To” column, tap on the plus sign, and then in the displayed directory, select the desired contact.
Click in the lower left corner on the icon with the camera, followed by going to the item “Media Library”.
Please note that with the iMessage option active, your dialogs and the submit button should be highlighted in blue. If the user, for example, owns a Samsung phone, then in this case the color will be green, and the transfer will be performed as an SMS or MMS message in accordance with the tariff set by your operator.
Transfer pictures from one iPhone to another
Below, we’ll take a look at some effective ways to transfer images from one Apple device to another. It doesn’t matter if you transfer photos to your new phone or send images to a friend.
And if you are moving from one iPhone to another, it is most likely important for you to copy absolutely all images. In this case, you will need to create a backup in order to later install it on another gadget. The most convenient way to do this is on a computer using iTunes.
First, you need to create an up-to-date backup on one device, which will later be transferred to another device. on this in our separate article.
When the backup is complete, connect a second device to your computer to sync it now. Open the gadget control menu by clicking on its icon in the upper area of the program window.
Having opened the “Browse” tab in the left pane, click on the “Restore from a copy” button.
But before you start the process of installing a backup, the search function on the iPhone must be disabled, which does not allow you to erase existing data from the device. To do this, open the settings, at the top, select your account, and then go to the “iCloud” section.
Further, to continue, open the “Find iPhone” section and move the toggle switch next to this item to the inactive position. Enter your Apple ID password.
All the necessary settings have been made, which means we return to iTunes. Start the recovery, and then confirm the start of the process by first selecting the previously created backup.
In the event that you have previously activated the encryption of backups, the system will require you to enter a passcode.
The Dropbox service, like any other cloud storage, is extremely convenient to use for transferring images. Let’s consider the further process using his example.
- If you don’t already have Dropbox installed, download it for free from the App Store.
- Run the application. First, you need to upload images to the cloud. If you want to create a new folder for them, go to the “Files” tab, tap in the upper right corner on the ellipsis icon, then select “Create folder”.
Enter a name for the folder, then click on the “Create” button.
At the bottom of the window, tap on the “Create” button. An additional menu will appear on the screen, in which select “Upload photo”.
Check the boxes for the images you want, then select the “Next” button.
The images will begin uploading to the Dropbox servers, the duration of which will depend on both the size and number of images and the speed of your Internet connection. Wait for the moment when the sync icon next to each photo disappears.
If you transferred images to your other iOS device, then to see them, you just need to go to the Dropbox app on the gadget under your profile. If you want to transfer pictures to another user’s iPhone, the folder must be “shared”. To do this, go to the “Files” tab and select the additional menu icon next to the desired folder.
Click the Share button, then enter your mobile phone number, Dropbox login, or email address. Select the “Submit” button in the upper right corner.
In contact with
By and large, instead of the VK service, almost any social network or messenger with the ability to send photos can be used.
Launch the application. Swipe left to open sections of the app. Select “Messages”.
Find the user to whom you plan to send photos, and open a dialogue with him.
In the lower left corner, select the paperclip icon. An additional menu will appear on the screen, in which you need to mark the pictures to be transferred. At the bottom of the window, select the “Add” button.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone
Suppose a colleague to whom you want to send images is currently near you. In this case, it is rational to use the AirDrop function, which allows you to instantly transfer images from one iPhone to another. but before you use this tool, make sure the following:
- Both devices have iOS version 10 or higher;
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are activated on smartphones;
- If modem mode is activated on any of the phones, it should be turned off for a while.
- Open the Photos app. If you need to send multiple images, select the “Select” button in the upper right corner, and then highlight the photos you want to transfer.
The built-in cloud service iCloud allows you to store any data added to the iPhone, including photos. Transferring photos from one iPhone to another, it is convenient to use this standard service.
First, check if you have activated photo sync with iCloud. To do this, open the settings of your smartphone. At the top of the window, select your account.
Select “Photo”. In the new window, activate the item “iCloud Media Library” to enable the upload of all photos from the library to the cloud. In order for all the photos you have taken to be immediately sent to all your devices used under one Apple ID, activate the item “Upload to My Photo Stream”.
And finally, photos uploaded to iCloud can be available not only to you, but also to other users of Apple devices. To open them the ability to view photos, activate the toggle switch next to the item “Share iCloud Photos”.
Open the Photos app in the General tab, and then click on the Share button. Enter a name for the new album and then add pictures to it.
Add users who will have access to photos: to do this, click on the plus sign in the right area, and then select the desired contact (both email addresses and phone numbers of iPhone owners are accepted).
These are the main ways to transfer pictures to another iPhone. If you are familiar with other more convenient solutions that were not included in the article, be sure to share them in the comments.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Many seemingly simple actions with phones can confuse an inexperienced user. If he only dealt with Android devices, it will be difficult for him to figure out all the intricacies of Apple phones right off the bat. For example, how to transfer files from the machine to the PC. We tell you how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer step by step for dummies.
How to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto
If you cannot use a cable or are not satisfied with this method of transferring images from your phone to a PC, use the proprietary iPhoto application. It is designed to store and organize your photos easily.
- connect the device to the computer;
- if the program does not start automatically, open it;
- select the required images in the window that opens and click on the “Import selected” button;
- if you need to transfer all the photos, click on the “Import”;
- after the data transfer is completed, the program will offer to delete the transferred images from the phone: you need to choose whether to save them or clear the internal storage of unnecessary photos.
Transfer Pictures from iPhone to PC via Import Function
This method is good because it allows you to quickly transfer as many photos as you like to your computer.
- connect your phone to your computer using a cable;
- unlock the device and allow access to the PC;
- go to the “Start” menu on your computer and open the “Photos” tab;
- click on the “Import” button (it is located in the upper right corner of the screen);
- in the menu that opens, select the action “From the connected device”;
- select the device, mark the photos you want and specify the storage location on your PC.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone. Most Common Ways
And if you need to vice versa, move pictures or videos from PC to iPhone?
For example, there are pictures on your computer that you now need to move to iPhone. There are several ways to do this.
You can move photos from your phone to a PC using the proprietary iTunes audio player. It is built into the Apple ecosystem and does not need to be installed additionally.
- connect the device to a computer using a USB cable;
- start the media player;
- give permission to connect the device by clicking on the inscription “Trust”;
- open the “Photos” program and click on the “Import” tab;
- choose an action: “Import All” to move all images, or “Import Selected”. to transfer individual photos.
Method One: How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone via iTunes
To move photos, you need a Lightning-to-USB cable and iTunes installed on your computer.
The transfer process will be different than transferring images from iPhone to computer using a cable. The fact is that you won’t be able to transfer or copy images from a PC to a device using File Explorer. this is a feature of the iPhone.
The transfer process is exactly the same as transferring photos from iPhone to PC.
Transfer to Windows
When transferring photos from iPhone to Windows 7/8 via Autoplay, only photos from the camera app can be transferred.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer. All Methods
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
In this article, we will take a look at several ways to copy and move photos from iPhone to Windows.
Transfer using the Photos app (for Windows 10)
Just like Windows 7, Windows 8, the Photos app in Windows 10 also only supports transferring camera photos from iPhone to PC.
If you plan to transfer all photos from your iPhone to your computer (including camera photos, My Photo Stream, iCloud photos, synced photos from your computer, etc.), you can use the Windows 7 instructions above.
Just like Photos on a Mac, Windows 10 also has a Photos app that lets you download camera photos from your iPhone to your Windows computer if it’s running Windows 10.
If you are using such a computer, follow us to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10 using the Photos app as below:
- Download the latest iTunes to your computer and then connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the Photos app on your PC and click the Import button in the upper right corner.
- Select the photos you want to import to your PC and click the “Continue” button. And then all the selected photos will be transferred to your Windows 10 computer.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 8
- Connect your iPhone with a PC cable, wait for your computer to detect your iPhone. You may see a notification with the option “Trust this computer.” Click “Trust” or “Allow” to continue. to continue.
- Open PC and right click on the iPhone device and then select “Import Pictures and Videos”.
- Select View, Organize, and Group Items to Import if this is your first time migrating or importing images. Or click “Import All New Items Now” if you’ve already transferred photos from your iPhone. Click “Next”.
- Click the Advanced link. to select the folders where you want to import pictures and videos from iPhone. Set the folder for pictures. Click OK. and then “Next”.
- Select the groups of photos you want to import, click the Import button.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 7
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. After the “Autorun” window appears, click “Import pictures and videos using Windows”.
- Click the “Import Options” link. In the window that appears, you can change the folder into which your camera photos will be imported by clicking the “Browse” button next to the “Import” field. Autoplay in Windows 7
- After adjusting the import options, click OK Select a tag if you want and click the Import button.
When your iPhone is connected to the computer, but Windows Autostart does not appear, you can try to fix, for example:
- reconnect your iPhone;
- to restart a computer;
- update drivers for your computer, etc.
If you still could not do this, try to transfer in other ways described in this article.
Transfer using iCloud
To import photos from iPhone to computer via iCloud, you actually need to install iCloud on PC.
It’s free and you can find it on the Apple website.
Once you have installed and launched the program, log in with your Apple ID.
The system will send a verification code to your iPhone to verify that the smartphone you are trying to connect to belongs to you.
Enter the code when prompted and click “Continue”.
In the iCloud window, click Options next to Photos.
Now check the box next to My Photo Stream. Click Finish.
Check the box next to “My Photo Stream”
Then set up iPhone to use Photo Stream. First go to Settings, then click on your name at the top of the screen.
Click iCloud, then Photos. Make sure “My Photo Stream” is set to “On”.
Make sure My Photo Stream is toggled.
Select Photo Select an album containing the photos you want to transfer to your computer.
Select the photos you want to transfer to your computer Click the “To Computer” button
Check Transferred Photos from iPhone on Your Computer.
Windows 10 explorer
Windows treats iPhone as a digital camera or file system, so you can import photos from iPhone to PC using Windows Explorer.
And it also only imports Camera Roll photos. All your photos will be saved in bulk in one folder.
If you want to export all photos on iPhone in a specific folder order, please skip to part 1.
To import photos from iPhone to PC using Windows Explorer, you just need to follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to PC Open my computer Find your iPhone, it will appear under Portable Devices.
- Double click the iDevice icon to open the iPhone You will see the internal storage icon Double click it to open it.
- You will see the DCIM folder, which is the Camera Roll, double click to open it. Open one folder to see if it contains the photos you want to transfer.
- Select the photos you like and copy them.
- Paste them into the desired folder on your computer.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
- Download and install the Dropbox iOS app.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account. If this is your first time signing up for the Dropbox app, you will have the option to enable photo uploads on the next screen. Click this and allow Dropbox to access your photos.
If you have previously signed up with the Dropbox app, open Settings> Camera uploads. Enable camera uploads and allow Dropbox to access your photos. Your photos will be uploaded to your Dropbox folder when your phone is connected using Wi-Fi (unless you enable Use Mobile Data, in which case your photos will be uploaded in real time).
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Downloading photos from your iPhone to your computer is easy if you use Apple’s iTunes software to do the transfer. But if you cannot use iTunes, since your iPhone can only be connected to iTunes on one computer once, there are many other ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
In this article, you will learn all the methods and methods of how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Back up photos using Dropbox, Google Drive or other cloud service
iCloud is convenient, but you are not limited to just this cloud storage service. Luckily, there are other cloud storage services like Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive, all of which have an automatic photo backup from your iPhone built into their iOS apps.
Back up photos with iCloud
Each iPhone comes with 5GB of free cloud storage in Apple’s iCloud. This storage space can be used to back up settings such as phone settings, contacts, and of course photos and videos. If you have installed the iCloud client on your computer, all the photos that are in your iPhone will be automatically downloaded to your computer.
- Turn on iCloud on your iPhone by opening Settings and clicking on iCloud. You will need to sign in using your Apple ID and password (the same ID and password you use to make App Store purchases).
- Turn on iCloud photo syncing by going to Settings iCloud Photos. If you want all your photos to be saved and synced to iCloud, turn on iCloud Photo Library. There are a few other options here that you can enable if you like:
- My Photo Stream automatically uploads the latest 1000 photos taken on your iPhone to iCloud;
- Upload Burst Photos uploads your “favorite” photos selected from burst mode;
- iCloud Photo Sharing lets you create albums to be shared with friends, family, and publicly on the Internet.
Instructions for other cloud storage:
If your chosen cloud storage service doesn’t offer automatic photo backups with its app, you can still back up your photos using IFTTT, an automation service that lets you connect apps, web services, and devices together.
- Register with IFTTT.
- Download the IFTTT app on your iPhone and sign in to your account. Open the IFTTT app and tap the icon that looks like a bowl in the upper right corner, then tap the Settings icon in the lower right corner. In the Settings menu, tap Channels and then search for iOS Photos. Click the iOS Photos icon and “Connect”.
- Open IFTTT on your computer. Click on “Channels” and find the cloud storage service you want to use. Box, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr and Seagate Personal Cloud can be connected. Click the cloud storage service icon you want to use to connect to your IFTTT.
- Enter “photo backup” in the search bar. For example, if you want to create a task that will copy your photos from iOS to Box, search for “iOS Photos Box”. You will find many features created by other contributors (you can also create your own task if you can’t find what you are looking for, but this is a little more complicated). Click on the task you want to use and click “Add” to add it to yours. After you set up the variables used by the tasks (for example, the name of the folder in which your photos will be saved), your photos will be automatically uploaded to the cloud storage service.
Using Windows Explorer
You don’t need to use iTunes to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer. you can transfer them using standard Windows Explorer.
- Unlock iPhone. A pop-up message will appear asking if this computer should be allowed access to your photos and videos. Click “Allow” to let your computer see the photos and videos from your iPhone.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to your Apple iPhone. You will see a drive called Internal Storage. Double click on this icon to open the internal storage of the phone.
- Highlight the necessary photos and copy from iPhone to computer, for example to desktop or to the folder you need.
Instructions for Google Drive:
- Download and install the Google Drive iOS app.
- Sign in to Google Drive with a Google account. If this is your first time signing into the Google Drive app, you will have the option to enable photo and video backups on the next screen. Click “Enable” and select the size you want your photos and videos to upload.
- High quality. the weight and quality of the image will be reduced (slightly).
- Original quality. photos will be uploaded in their original format.
Allow Google Drive to access your photos and your photos will be automatically backed up when connected to Wi-Fi.
If you have previously signed up with the Google Drive app, you can find your photo backup settings by going to Settings> Photos and enabling the Google Photos folder.
Send photos by email
If you only have a few photos that you want to transfer to your computer and you can’t find the USB cable, you can use the proven method of sending them to yourself in the mail.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone. In gallery mode, click “Select” in the upper right corner. Click on the photos you want to transfer (you can only email five photos at a time) to select them and then click the upload icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click the Mail icon to open the application. In the application, enter your personal email address in the “To” section and click on the “Send” button in the upper right corner. You will need to confirm that you are sending the message without a subject, and you will also need to select the size of the photos you want to send (small, medium, large or original sizes).
- Open your email account on your computer, find the incoming email with attached photos and download them to your computer.
We talked about the most efficient and fastest ways to transfer information from iPhone to PC. We hope that our information was useful for you, and you will no longer have any questions about how to transfer photos from iPhone to your computer. And you were finally able to download all your favorite photos to your computer or laptop.
As you can see, there are many options that allow you to quickly and even without a direct connection transfer photos from iPhone to PC. It remains only to choose the most convenient and one that meets your requirements.
Google Photos can be considered a universal option that allows you to save a large collection of images. The amount of storage in it is not limited, and for access it is enough to have a mail account.
- The application is cross-platform and can be installed both on the iPad and on the iPhone of any version, be it “oldies” 4S, 5S or modern 6S or 6S Plus. The program will copy the taken pictures to the “cloud” by itself.
- You can import images from Google Drive to your computer using a browser on any operating system. You need to open the main page of the search engine and click on the area marked with an arrow. The “Photo” icon is at the end of the list. Photos can be sent directly from the application by mail or transferred to a computer. In addition, if you wish, you can upload to the “cloud” images taken on another device, providing access to them from a mobile.
The Bluetooth module in Apple smartphones does not work the same as in Android devices. It is not possible to send a file to a third-party device using it. But within its ecosystem, such a transfer works in AirDrop technology.
- Open any album in the iPhone camera roll. Select the photo you want to transfer to Mac. Click on the “Share” icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- The selected picture is reduced in size and two bars appear at the bottom of the screen. The first lists the programs, the second the actions that are available to the user in the “Share” menu. Using the selection area, which is shown by arrows in the thumbnails of the images, you can add a few more to the initially marked. Shown below is the AirDrop pairing area in red. The smartphone will conduct a survey via Bluetooth channels and highlight the devices available for data transfer.
- As you can see in the screenshot, the iPhone found a MacBook in the availability zone. By clicking on the round icon with the name of the device and the avatar of the owner, we can drop the selected pictures onto it. You cannot choose where to upload images. By default, they will be dropped into the downloads folder. The copying process is displayed as a pie chart with a blue bar around the recipient’s avatar. If you lock the laptop at this moment by closing the lid, it will disappear from the availability zone and you will not be able to move the data.
It’s no secret that Apple products work best within the ecosystem that Apple has created. This applies equally to importing photos.
How to upload photos from iPhone to PC
Smartphone cameras make it possible for anyone to take photographs. There is no need to seriously understand aperture settings and angles of incidence of light, when you can just get your mobile in any situation and take a series of shots. Of course, they will be inferior in quality to professional ones, but most users do not need this.
It is quite enough to be able to capture an interesting object or event in memory. The desire to view the accumulated archive on a large screen makes users think about how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. In this article, we will give a few simple ways to transfer a collection of pictures from an “apple” device to a PC or Mac.
Despite the development of wireless networks, many users still use a USB cable to sync their iPhone with their computer. The included universal cord allows you to transfer music and audio recordings to your smartphone via iTunes, or merge photos and videos in the opposite direction. The method is often used by Windows users, as it allows you to reset pictures to a PC without installing additional software.
- We connect the smartphone to the PC via the USB port. We confirm permission to access the internal media library.
- The system will detect the connection and, by analogy with a USB flash drive, will automatically install the drivers necessary for correct operation. Having received a notification from the computer about the readiness to work in the explorer, we find the mounted device “Apple iPhone”.
- It opens as usual by double-clicking. Inside, the built-in storage of the phone will be displayed with data on its total capacity and the amount of free space.
How to Transfer Photos/Videos from iPhone to Windows 10!!
- In this case, we only get access to the folder in which the images are stored.
- Inside there may be one or several directories from which you can pull out a photo and copy it to a computer. It is impossible to “fill” something in folders or delete information in them. Read-only access. In addition, viewing is available only for files stored locally in the “apple”.
- Users with a Microsoft account can link their iPhone to their computer. If you have the OneDrive app installed on your smartphone, your photos will automatically be transferred to your PC via Wi-Fi and opened in the Photos app. Considering that iTunes also allows syncing over the network, the iPhone owner can completely eliminate wires.
Photo Stream and Media Library
Photo Stream and iCloud Music Library work the same way. Their task is to transfer photos taken on the iPhone to the “cloud” making them available on all devices associated with Apple’s user ID. Their main difference is in the approach to disk space accounting. Photo Stream allows you to upload up to 1000 photos, which will be automatically updated when this figure is reached. In this case, the size of the pictures is not taken into account in the free 5 GB that the user has in the iCloud account. The media library allows you to transfer all images from the device to the “cloud” without limiting the number, but taking into account the size.
- Both options of unloading are configured in one place. Open the phone settings and go to the section marked in the screenshot.
- Depending on which option is selected, you need to move the sliders marked with the numbers “1” or “2” to the on position. If the content of the “cloud” will be regularly imported, then just drag the switch opposite the Photostream. Until 1000 photos are typed, you can view them, extract the necessary ones and write them down to your computer. The media library allows you to store the entire archive remotely and show it on a PC or any other device without the need to download.
- If in order to unload the accumulated materials there is not enough space it can be obtained at a reasonable price. Current iCloud storage plans can be viewed in the following screenshot.