In order to install your own sound on an incoming message or call on an iPhone, iPod or iPad, you need to add it to iTunes, and only then sync with the device. Before you add sound to iTunes, you need to make sure the following nuances are observed:
The duration of the sound signal is no more than 40 seconds;
The sound is in m4r music format.
The sound can already be found both ready-made on the Internet and downloaded to your computer, or you can create it yourself from any music file on your computer. How you can create sound for iPhone, iPad or iPod using the online service and iTunes program was previously described on our website.
Features of ringtones
The first step is to get acquainted with some of the features of working with ringtones and music on Apple gadgets. The thing is that in the case of ordinary media files, there are no format restrictions. if the device does not work with some extension, it converts it. Music in this case will be an AAC file.
When thinking about how to add a ringtone to “iPhone” through “iTunes”, Honor has to:
- you can work only with the M4R format;
- the duration of the melody cannot be more than 30 seconds.
Only taking these features into account can the task be successfully solved. Therefore, you first need to make a ringtone. Or download it from the Internet. And only then add to the smartphone.
From now on, I figured out how to add sounds / ringtones to iTunes and iPhone. In fact, these processes do not cause any difficulties. It is really more difficult to reset music on an “apple” device than on a regular phone, but with the right approach, there will be no problems and errors.
How exactly should you proceed? The answer depends on the preference of the person. But as practice shows, people often think about how to add a ringtone to “iPhone” through “iTunes”, and not through iTools. Based on the information provided, we can conclude that, in general, the two studied techniques differ little from each other. It’s just that iTunes is more convenient to work. And this utility immediately converts the melodies to the desired format.
Ringtone, text message alert and other sound alerts can be customized to your liking.
Third party applications
But the possible actions do not end there. If you are wondering how to add a ringtone to “iPhone” through “iTunes”, you can consider another rather interesting approach. To use it, you will have to download a third-party application. It is somewhat reminiscent of iTunes. It’s about iTools. This utility allows you to add music and ringtones to Apple devices much faster.
Add Ringtone To an iPhone/iPad/iPod with The Latest iTunes Release
What to do under these circumstances? The following guide will clarify the situation:
- Install iTools on your computer.
- Run the corresponding utility.
- Go to the “Music” section and upload the desired documents there in the required format.
- Connect iPhone to PC. You only need to do this using a USB cable.
- Return to “iTools” and click on “Music”.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on “Import”.
- Mark the options for downloading melodies. You can choose either “Entire Library” or “Individual Documents”.
- Click on “Open”.
You can wait for the operation to complete. The advantage of this approach is that iTools does not require device synchronization. This means that the download of melodies will be faster. The disadvantages of the application are often attributed to the fact that it is only in English.
In fact, everything is very simple. After all, even a novice user can answer the question of how to add a ringtone to “iPhone” through “iTunes”. As soon as the melody is displayed in the mentioned application, you can start decisive action.
- Launch iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select in the program “Devices” and “Synchronize”.
- Open the “Overview” tab, then “Devices” and “Options”.
- Click on “Process music manually”.
- Open “Sounds” / “Music”.
- Click once on “Synchronize”.
- All that remains now is to wait a little. After a while, the ringtones will be downloaded to your mobile device.
As a rule, nothing else is needed after that. All melodies from the application’s media library will be uploaded to the device. Nothing difficult, incomprehensible or special.
Change your ringtone
In addition, you can set a ringtone or message sound for a specific person. Select the person’s name in Contacts, and then click Change in the upper right corner. Tap Ringtone or Message Sound, then choose a new sound.
First of all, if you are moving from one iPhone to another while maintaining your Apple ID account, the easiest way to transfer all downloaded ringtones is to install an iPhone backup on the second gadget.
- To begin with, an up-to-date backup must be created on the iPhone from which the data will be transferred. To do this, go to the smartphone settings and select the name of your account.
Select “Backup”, and then tap on the “Create a backup” button. Wait for the process to finish.
When the backup is ready, you can proceed to work with the next device. If the second iPhone contains any information, you will need to delete it by performing a factory reset.
Read more: How to Hard Reset iPhone
Tap on the button “Download all purchased sounds”. iPhone will immediately start restoring purchases.
Transfer ringtones from one iPhone to another
Below we will look at two easy and convenient ways to transfer downloaded ringtones.
How to Transfer Ringtones from One iPhone to Another
This method allows you to “pull” ringtones made by the user yourself from the iPhone backup and transfer them to any iPhone (including those not connected to your Apple ID account). However, here you need to turn to the help of a special program. iBackup Viewer.
- Download iBackup Viewer and install on your computer.
- Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Select the smartphone icon in the upper left corner.
In the left pane of the window, click the Browse tab. On the right, in the “Backups” block, check the “This computer” option, uncheck the “Encrypt iPhone backup” checkbox, and then click on the “Create a copy now” item.
The backup process starts. Wait for it to end.
Launch iBackup Viewer. In the window that opens, select the iPhone backup.
In the next window, select the “Raw Files” section.
Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top of the window. Next, the search box will be displayed, in which you will need to write the query “ringtone”.
The custom ringtones will be displayed on the right side of the window. Highlight the one you want to export.
It remains to save the ringtones to your computer. To do this, click on the “Export” button in the upper right corner, and then select the “Selected” item.
An Explorer window will appear on the screen, in which it remains to specify the folder on the computer where the file will be saved, and then complete the export. Follow the same procedure with other ringtones.
You just have to add ringtones to another iPhone. Read more about this in a separate article.
We hope this article was helpful to you. If you still have questions about any of the methods, leave comments below.
iTools is an alternative version of iTunes, but it was not created by Apple developers, but third-party specialists. In a sense, the program creates ringtones faster due to the fact that you do not have to fool your head with the file format. However, the use of software that is not intended for the operating system of iPhones may conflict with the native applications of the phone, so you should be careful.
To set a ringtone using iTools, follow these instructions:
- Go to the program and in the “Music” section click on the “Add” button to add new tracks to the software.
- Select the desired track and click “Make ringtone” to create a ringtone for your smartphone.
- In the next window, you will see the full duration of the melody. It is necessary to set its beginning and end or leave it unchanged.
- Next, save the track using the “Save” button. The program will automatically offer to do this in the desired format in the folder you selected.
- Find the created ringtone and just drag it from the folder to the program window. it will be added automatically.
- Connect the device to your computer and select “Import to device” to transfer music to iPhone.
The program is not Russified, so only the English-language interface is available to the user.
Conversion and WALTR 2
If you do not want to install a melody via iTunes, you can use third-party software. WALTR 2. The official website is available to download paid and free software versions. With its help, it is possible to download files of any suitable format with any length to the iPhone. When transferring, the selected file is converted automatically, which is much more convenient than in iTunes.
To transfer a track via WALTR, use the instructions:
- Immediately after installation, the program will search for available devices via Wi-Fi, so this option must be enabled on the phone.
- After the software finds the desired device, it will reflect it on its interface. Click on the “Drop file here” button
- After that, it is enough to find any track in the computer folder and drag it with the mouse to the main program window. After the transfer is completed, the melody will appear on the phone and it can be set to the ringtone.
- It should be remembered that it is best to pre-cut the track to 15-30 seconds of duration so that it will be reflected in the list of ringtones on the phone. Otherwise, it will be reflected in the explorer, but not recognized by the smartphone as a new call.
At the moment, only the English version of the program is available, but software management does not cause any particular problems even for those who do not know the language.
The program supports both Mac and Windows operating systems, so you can import tracks from non-Apple equipment.
How to put a song from iTunes on a ringtone
Ringtones for iPhone have not lost their relevance, because changing the ringtone brings a little variety to our everyday life. I decided the other day to create a new melody for myself and put it on the iPhone ring, but it turned out that the updated iTunes has small changes in the interface, which made the task a little more complicated. If you make and install ringtones in outdated versions of iTunes, then read the instructions here. “How to make a free ringtone for iPhone”. Well, we will understand the 12th version of Tuna.
For convenience, the instructions were made from two sections:
It is not necessary to have an Apple ID to create your own ringtones in iTunes, even if you just bought an iPhone and did not have time to get an ID, then you can download ringtones, like music. If you also decided to make your own iPhone ringtone, then you need to download and install the iTunes program on your computer, if you have not already done this, then keep a few step-by-step instructions:
Before you start, connect your iPhone to your computer and make sure there is a check mark in iTunes. Process music and videos manually.
Create iPhone Ringtone with iTunes
Having dealt with the installation of iTunes, let’s start creating a ringtone. Stock up in advance with the very melody (in MP3 format) that you want to hear during an incoming call, you need to take care of this in advance.
If your iTunes library already has an MP3 music file from which you plan to make a ringtone, then you can skip step: 1. 2. 3, if iTunes is still empty, then we do it.
In the open iTunes program, select the section. Music (1). Here, in the left side panel, for convenience, go to the subsection. Songs (2). If your iTunes does not have a panel on the left, then you can turn it on, as it is written. here.
Now, in the computer, we are looking for our music file in MP3 format, grab it with the mouse and drag it to the library with songs (3).
Our music file has appeared in your iTunes library. Now click on it with the right mouse button and select. Information (4).
In the window that opens, we are looking for. Parameters. We expose, the beginning is 0:00, the end is 0:30 and press OK. Thus, the length of our iPhone ringtone will be 30 seconds. I tried to make a ringtone lasting 3 minutes, iTunes did not miss it, gave the following:
“The ringtone was not copied to the iPhone because the duration is too long.”.
Therefore, 30 seconds is the best option.
Adding a Custom Ringtones for iPhone on iTunes 12.7.1
We select our music track by clicking on the file in iTunes with the mouse, the track is highlighted in blue. Now we are looking for a tab:
- File. Convert. Create AAC Version
I don’t know why Apple hid this function so far, it used to be easier. right-clicked on the file and converted, now the conversion path has become a little longer.
In a couple of seconds, we get our 30 second file, with the same name as the original file. Click on this 30-second melody with the right mouse button and select. Show in Windows Explorer (Show in Finder, Mac OS users press).
In the window that opens, we see our ringtone file, but still in M4A format, rename the M4A extension to the M4R extension. If you have any difficulties with renaming an extension or the extension is not displayed, then take a look at the instructions. “Features of renaming M4A to M4R”.
If creating ringtones in iTunes is inconvenient for you, then you can use the following services and programs:
Then you can use the second part of this instruction to sync these ringtones to your Apple iPhone.
How to put music on a call via iTunes
You can put a song on an iPhone call through iTunes. To do this, you must first install the software on your computer and synchronize the devices using Apple ID.
- You will be taken to the computer explorer, where you need to select a previously prepared folder with music downloaded from the Internet. All of it must be in m4r format, otherwise the iPhone will not recognize the tracks.
- Load the folder into the program library and select the desired track. After that open the “Details” of the file.
- Next, go to the “Parameters” subsection. Here you need to select the start and end time of the track. the segment of the melody that will be set to the call. You can leave the original values if necessary (from beginning to end).
- Click “Ok” and close the window. Then return to the list of tracks and right-click on the track already “cut” under the ringtone.
- Click “Create ACC version” and wait for the end of the conversion. This is the format that iPhone ringtones should have.
- A copy of the track will appear in the general list of songs. Click on it and choose “Show in Explorer”. From the folder that opens, drag the track to the iTunes window.
You can change the ringtone in this way on all modern models of the brand. 5s, 6s, 6, 7, 8.
After all the above steps, you need to connect your phone to your computer and wait for synchronization with the program. The created ringtones will become available in the “Sounds” section of the phone settings menu.
When installing a ringtone through iTunes, you do not need to buy a track, it is absolutely free, but it may take some time.
If file extensions are hidden on the computer, then it will not work to install the ringtone in this way. You will need to disable the option in advance.
How to put music on a call via iTunes?
You can make a ringtone for a call via iTunes using the following algorithm:
First of all, launch iTunes and open the side menu by pressing CTRLS.
Select the track you would like to make a ringtone from and right-click on it. We will be making a ringtone from the Depeche Mode song “In Your Room”. In the menu that appears, select “Information”.
In the “Information” block, move from the “Details” section (which is selected by default) to the “Parameters” section. you will see the following window:
Here you can adjust the volume of the ringtone (for example, double the original composition) and select an equalizer preset:
The presets are the same as those available in the settings of the standard “Music” application.
Check the boxes next to “Start” and “End” and set the interval so that the duration of the ringtone does not exceed 40 seconds.
Then click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Find the edited track in the list of your library and select it.
Although the library says the track is originally 4:51 minutes long, when you play it back in iTunes, you will find that the track has been trimmed to 30 seconds.
Follow the path “File”. “Convert”. “Create version to AAC” without deselecting the selected track:
A “clone” will appear next to the original song in MP3 format. a trimmed AAC track half a minute long.
Upon completion of this operation, do not forget to return through the “Parameters” the previous duration of the original track.
Right click on the AAC file and select Show in Windows Explorer:
A special iTunes folder will open, located on the computer’s C drive. the ringtone will “lie” in it:
Change the file format from m4a to m4r. This is where the complexity lies, because on many Windows 7 computers, file formats are hidden. To show the permissions, you will have to dig deeper into the computer settings. in the explorer, type “Folder Options” and go to the section found. A window like this will appear:
Go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to the item “Hide extensions for registered file types” (located almost at the very bottom). Click Apply and OK. After that, the format will be displayed next to the file name in the iTunes folder. changing a to r is easy:
The final chord remains: in the side menu of the iTunes library, select the “Sounds” section and enter the melody in m4r format in the field that appears:
Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable and start sync. An important point: after connecting the gadget to your computer, click on the device icon in the top panel of iTunes and select the “Sounds” section in the left panel:
Check the box next to “Sync sounds” and click the “Apply” button below. If this operation is not performed, synchronization will be ineffective, no matter how much you do it.
Next, setting the music to the call is a matter of technology: on the iPhone, go along the “Settings” “Sounds” “Ringtone” path and select a new ringtone (it will be the first in the line). A new call can be set not only for a general call, but also for a specific subscriber. for this you need to find a suitable contact, click “Change” and select “Ringtone“.
We put the ringtone on the iPhone
The renamed ringtone in M4R format is our created ringtone for iPhone. In fact, the ringtone is ready, now you need to put it in the iPhone by syncing.
Using the mouse, grab the finished M4R file, pull it into iTunes and drop it straight into the program. Before that, it is advisable to transfer this ringtone to some of your own folder (and already pull it from it to iTunes), since it may still be useful in the future. There is another way how you can add ringtones to iTunes. read more here.
To make sure that the M4R ringtone has been successfully added to iTunes, do the following: at the top of the program, where we had the “Music” section, click and select “Sounds”. If there is no “Sounds” section, then in the same context menu, from the bottom, click. “Edit menu”, tick the “Sounds” checkbox and click Finish.
In iTunes 12.7, the developers removed the Edit Menu button, so some users cannot enable the Sounds section. Ringtone is now added to iTunes by drag and drop M4r ringtone. You can drag the ringtone. like this.
Once in the Sounds section, we should see our 30 second file. If we see it, and it is there, then the ringtone has been successfully added to iTunes. Sometimes, despite the correct steps above, the ringtone does not appear in the Sounds section, it happened in iTunes under MacOS, the removal of a 30-second file from the Songs section helped, which apparently somehow interfered with the M4R loading. But when you delete this file, you need to select the button. Leave File.
If your ringtone in M4R format does not appear in Sounds, then there may be problems with the original MP3 music file, in which case try other MP3 music files. Or try to make a ringtone not in iTunes, but with the help of other services and the links to which we indicated above in the text.
If ringtones appeared in iTunes, in the Sounds section, then we put them in the iPhone:
- We take a USB cable, use it to connect the iPhone to the computer. In the top bar of the iTunes program, click on the iPhone icon that appears
- In the left sidebar under the iPhone itself, click the section. Sounds
- Check the box. Synchronize sounds
- Choose: All Sounds or Selective Sounds
- At the bottom of iTunes, click. Apply or Sync
A faster way to sync ringtones in iTunes is shown clearly. here, alternative sync not in iTunes here. Ringtones and i-FunBox.
We are waiting for all the stages of synchronization to pass, and iTunes will write the ringtone to the iPhone. Then we take the phone, go to Settings. Sounds. Ringtone, and we see our very first ringtone in the list.
If you want to turn on the iPhone backlight flashes on an incoming call, which will accompany your melody, then read. flash manual.
If you decide to delete ringtones from the iPhone, then we read. here. Well, if you still have questions about ringtones for iPhone or you want the same beautiful ringtone name as in the last picture, then welcome to our. “Questions and answers on ringtones for iPhone”.
There are several ways to put a ringtone on an iPhone. There are a number of useful software and utilities for this, a similar function is available on the phone itself. The user can install a new melody in just a few minutes, but there are a number of features to consider. Let’s take a closer look at the procedure and possible problems with synchronizing devices and transferring music from PC to smartphone.
Services for trimming audio in m4r format
If the choice fell on third-party applications that allow you to quickly transfer files to the iPhone, you need to attend to finding a convenient service for cutting audio. Only a track whose duration does not exceed 30 seconds can be put on the ringtone of Apple smartphones, so the question is relevant.
Not all software has cropping functionality, but it is very easy to find relevant sites on the Internet. The first three from the search results for the query “online services for trimming m4r audio”:
- Ringer. simple site functionality allows you to quickly trim audio to the required timing and save it in the required format.
- Ringtone. the same simple interface with a minimum of functions that are required to create a ringtone in a few minutes.
- Inettools. the service has a separate section for trimming audio and video for iPhones. Video instructions on the site will help you do everything right. The process is no different from the previous two.
All of the listed online services are completely free. With a good Internet connection, the quality of the track will not decrease, but if data transfer is difficult, the downloaded file may not meet the sound level requirements.
How to set ringtone on iPhone via PC on Windows?
You don’t need to buy anything to install your own ringtone on an Apple-made phone. In this section. life hacks for those who work on Windows.
How to put a ringtone in iTunes 12.7 or iPhone with a newer version of the application:
To be able to load songs on a call, you first need to change one setting in Windows, namely, to give the ability to rename the audio file created by the user. To do this, go to the “View” (located in the properties of folders) and remove the check mark from the item that hides extensions for registered file types.
In the iTunes application, you need to select the audio file from which you want to create a ringtone. However, you can use an alternative option by adding the file to the library. Now you need to listen to the track and write down or remember the time when the segment of the call melody should begin and end.
Note: the ringtone can be up to 40 seconds long.
Now you need to trim the audio recording and convert it to the required extension and format. How to do this is described in the table.
Now you need to connect your smartphone to your computer via USB and select it in the iTunes window. The required file with the required extension will need to be sent to the list displaying ringtones. He’s in Sounds. The last step is to click “Finish”.
That’s all: after these actions, the ringtone will be displayed on the iPhone. All that remains is to remove the time limits for playing the original track by unchecking the boxes that were set earlier.
How to put ringtone on iPhone: step-by-step guide for 2 OS. Windows and Mac
Many people are interested in how to download a song from PC to iPhone 5s or another Applelophone, because the call wants an original melody, which no one else has. In fact, this is not difficult to pull off. The main thing is to keep at hand this guide on installing ringtones on devices with iTunes 12.7, as well as newer versions for owners of computers on Windows and MacOS.
How to set your song to ring using Mac?
It is even easier for Mac owners to download their ringtone to iPhone. You don’t need to download a special program, as in the case of Windows, you don’t have to buy anything either. everything can be done quickly and for free.
- Launch iTunes and select the track from which you want to create a ringtone. Go to song details by right-clicking on the audio file with your computer mouse.
- A window will open where you need to enter the “Options” and specify the interval when the song should start and when it should end.
Advice: before choosing a time limit, it would be good to listen to the song in advance and remember from what time to how long the ringtone will last.
- Now you just need to connect your iOS phone to the Mac and select it in the application window. Move or copy the created song for a call to the “Sounds” section (located in the “On my device” column) in the list of ringtones. Confirm that everything is ready.
Advice: after adding a new ringtone to the device, you need to remove the start and finish times of the original track. just uncheck the checkboxes that were put before.
As you can see, you can put your own ringtone on the iPhone for free. True, for this you will have to cut the track yourself and add it to iTunes in the desired extension. However, doing this yourself is not so troublesome, and on any computer OS, even Apple’s, even Microsoft’s. If you think about it, it’s even better than buying a ringtone: you don’t have to look for the part of the iTunes song you like.
How to Download Ringtone to iPhone via iTunes
After you have made the ringtone, you need to download it to iPhone using iTunes. To do this, launch iTunes, open the “Library. Recent Additions” section and add the resulting M4R file with the iPhone ringtone there. You can add a file with the usual drag and drop.
After that, connect your iPhone to your computer and click on the device icon that appears in the upper right corner of iTunes. This will take you to iPhone settings in iTunes.
Then you need to go to the “Sounds” section and enable the “Synchronize sounds” function there. After that, you need to select the “Selected Sounds” option and mark the ringtones that you want to download to iPhone. If everything was done correctly, the list of ringtones will contain the M4R file that you previously added to your iTunes Library.
After the function “Sync sounds” is enabled and the desired ringtones are marked, you need to start synchronization. To do this, you just need to click on the “Apply” button, which is located just below.
How to make ringtone for iPhone
In order to be able to download a ringtone to iPhone via iTunes, you must first prepare it. So, let’s get down to preliminary preparation of the ringtone. To do this, go to the site http://www.mp3cut.ru/ and click on the big blue button “OPEN FILE”.
After clicking on this button, a window for selecting a file will appear. Using this window, you need to select the music from which you want to make a ringtone for iPhone. Select the desired file and click on the “OPEN” button.
After choosing a suitable musical composition, it will be uploaded to the site page, and you will see the sound editor. In this editor there are two blue sliders with which you need to mark the beginning and end of the ringtone. In this case, you need to ensure that the length of the ringtone does not exceed 40 seconds.
After the desired section of the composition is selected, you need to turn on the “Ringtone for iPhone” function. To do this, click on the corresponding button under the sound editor.
Now it remains only to click on the “CUT” button.
As a result, the site will make the ringtone of the desired length and offer you to download it in M4R format. Click on the “DOWNLOAD” button and save the file to your computer.
Now that you have made a ringtone for iPhone, you can start downloading it to your device via iTunes.
How to make ringtone on iPhone and download it via iTunes
If you want to make a ringtone for iPhone, then you will inevitably face a number of restrictions that apply to ringtones and music in general.
First, the ringtone must be in M4R format, regular MP3 files will not work here. And secondly, the ringtone needs to be cut to a length of 40 seconds. All this can be done using iTunes, but it is very long and dreary; to solve this problem, it is better to use third-party services. For example, there is a site like http://www.mp3cut.ru/. It allows you to crop the DO ringtone to the desired length and save it in a format suitable for iPhone. As for loading M4R into iPhone memory, it’s better not to invent a bicycle and use iTunes.
In this article, we will tell you in detail how to make a ringtone for iPhone, how to load it into memory via iTunes and how to select it in the smartphone settings.
Choosing a ringtone on iPhone
After creating a ringtone and loading it into the iPhone’s memory, you just have to go to the settings and change the current ringtone to a new one. To do this, go to the “Sounds” section in the iPhone settings.
As a result, you will see a list of all available ringtones. Among other things, this list should include a ringtone that you just made and loaded into memory via iTunes.
You just have to select the desired ringtone and close the settings window.
Instructions on how to set iPhone ringtone via iTunes
The most convenient and fastest way to add a ringtone on iPhone 6 and other versions is to install it through iTunes, which is available on Apple devices. But this method has obvious disadvantages:
- Ringtones are paid.
- They cannot be edited.
- Installation of melodies downloaded from third-party sources is excluded.
But if none of these points bothers you, the ringtone on the iPhone is set like this:
- Go to device settings.
- Select the section “Sounds” in the menu (Figure 2).
- Select “Ringtone”.
- Go to the “Sound Store”.
- Select melody.
- Buy it if needed.
- Set as ringtone.
A desktop version of iTunes for MacOS and Windows is also now available for download, with which you can take audio from your computer, convert it to a ringtone, and install it on your device. This method is a little more complicated than the one described above and is available for advanced users, but it is free. For the algorithm to work correctly, it is important to update iTunes to the latest version.
Download and install iTunes
In the previous section, it was said that in addition to the application, there is a desktop version of this program. On the Apple iPhone, iTunes is available initially, and on a computer or laptop with Windows and MacOS you can download it for free from the official website. Before you put the ringtone on your iPhone, you need to follow these installation steps:
- Download the client from the official website. It is available for free (Figure 3).
- Install by following the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation.
- To ensure stable operation of the program, it is recommended to enable auto-update.
Then you can use the features of iTunes directly from your computer. For MacOS devices, this procedure is not required. iTunes is also there by default, so working with files will be easier.
Create a ringtone
There are a number of apps in the App Store, inside which you can find large catalogs of ringtones already made to the iPhone ringtone. In them, you can also edit other melodies, for example, cut and fade at the end so that the melody does not break off. Among them, GarageBand is popular. Its interface, at first glance, is not the simplest, but if you figure it out, making ringtones from standard tracks will not be difficult.
To put an audio file on a call, you will need to do additional manipulations, since iOS does not allow installing melodies from sources other than iTunes. Therefore, the following algorithm will relate to the process of processing a melody through iTunes on the desktop version for Windows:
- Run the program.
- Call the side menu via CTRLS.
- Select a ringtone and right-click on it.
- Find the item “Information” (Figure 4).
- In this block you need to go from the “Details” section to “Parameters”.
- In the window that opens, you can adjust the volume, and set the beginning and end of the ringtone, which cannot last longer than 40 seconds.
- Save result.
- Find a new track in your library list. Its length will be indicated as the original file, but you can check that the new, shortened version is saved.
- Go to “File”. “Convert”, and then “Create version in AAC”.
- A short copy will now appear next to the original.
- The original track needs to be returned to its original duration before exiting.
- Further work will take place with the AAC file. You need to right-click on it and select “Show in Windows Explorer”. The iTunes folder on the C drive should open.
- The ringtone is already in this folder. Its format needs to be changed from m4a to m4r. On Windows 7, problems may arise here, so you will need to crawl in the folder settings (View tab).
- Return to iTunes, go to the “Sounds” section in the side menu.
- Move the melody to the appeared field.
After that, the iPhone is connected to the computer or laptop through a special cable. And the last step is to enable sync. It is important to note here that in iTunes you also need to enable “Sync Sounds” in the same “Sounds” menu. Then the pairing of the devices will be correct. This method is relevant on the iPhone 7, as well as 5S, 4S and other popular models for the average user. It does not always work on the latest versions of devices, because some versions of iTunes do not support ACC files. Then the ringtone can be edited in any available program, and then convert it from mp3 to the desired m4r. You can also use the mp3DirectCut program to cut music.
Install ringtone on iPhone
The hardest part is over, you can relax and finish the last, main steps. When the ringtone is added via iTunes, then it will be easy to set it up as a ringtone on the iPhone:
- Go to “Settings” on iPhone.
- Select “Sounds”.
- Go to “Sounds and vibration patterns” and select the type of notifications where you want to install the ringtone (Figure 5).
- In the list of available sounds, the downloaded songs will be at the very beginning.
- From them, you can select and install the appropriate file.
It is easy to remove a ringtone from “Sounds”, because you can delete it in the same list. The procedure is free, since the melody file is built into the system from the very beginning. Regardless of when and in which program the file was made, the iPhone will recognize it if it has the correct m4r format and a duration of half a minute. There are no other conditions for installing a ringtone on Apple equipment.
How to set ringtone on iPhone via iTunes
But, both those and others, over time, begin to look for ways to put any ringtones on the phone as easily as it is for users of devices on Android. The reasons for this interest are simple and understandable, because standard melodies are most often boring and quickly get bored, and you want to put your favorite song or at least the most epic piece of it on the calls.
A ringtone for iPhone must be in a certain format and last no more than 40 seconds, and in this article you can learn more about how to set a ringtone on an iPhone via iTunes.
How to assign a ringtone to a call
Setting ringtone on iPhone is quite simple:
- Go to the device in “Settings”. “Sounds”.
- Select “Ringtone” among the menu items.
- Find a suitable melody there. Usually, those that are edited specifically for the installation are the first in the list.
- Set the ringtone. You can make one and the same, both for all calls, and for a specific person.
Note: Many iPhone users rightly find setting their own ringtone to be a hassle task. As the algorithm above shows, it is really not easy to do this, but if you understand this process once and do everything exactly as described in the instructions, no problems will arise.
And next time it will be easier to do it, because the steps in the instructions will already be familiar. Even if now there is no need for a new ringtone, it is always useful to practice, because sooner or later standard melodies get bored, and you want to put your favorite music on calls more and more.
Convenient application from a third-party developer; in order to use it to copy the ringtone to the iPhone memory, you will need:
- Run the program and go to the “Tools” tab.
- Upload your music (this can be either a previously created ringtone or an original melody).
- And, as needed, reducing the playing time.
- Add the result to the iPhone using the “Save to device” button. due to the peculiarities of the application, it may remain unlit even when the iPhone is connected.
Tip: Another way to load a ringtone into the device’s memory is to drag music from a folder directly to the file manager.
As you know, you cannot install a memory card inside an iPhone. But the user can purchase an adapter that allows you to connect flash drives and other removable media through the microUSB port, drop the cut ringtone onto the card, and then transfer it to the internal memory of the iPhone. There is nothing complicated here; in addition, the user does not need to perform synchronization and understand the complexities of connecting the phone to the computer via a cord.
Apple’s proprietary application helps not only download a ringtone, purchase a movie or organize a collection of media files, but also understand why the iPhone does not turn on. But it is necessary to act as soon as difficulties arise; the owner of the phone, who wants to copy the cut song or melody to the device’s memory, will need:
- Launch iTunes and log in to the program using your account details.
- And drag your ringtone into the program window.
- Then make sure that the music has been successfully transferred to the “Media Library”.
- If the first method did not work. call the drop-down menu “File”, select the item “Add file” in it.
- Specify the path to the ringtone for iPhone and click on the “Open” button.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes and sync data. as a result, the ringtone will be on the device in a few seconds. If iTunes does not see the iPhone, you should try to connect your PC and phone via Wi-Fi, or expand the Help menu and select the Run Diagnostics option.
- And start testing connectivity and synchronization in a new window. as a rule, these measures are enough to identify the problem and drop the ringtone on the iPhone.
Tip: you can remove a ringtone from the iTunes Library by right-clicking on the ringtone and selecting the appropriate option in the context menu.
How to add ringtone to iPhone?
Adding a ringtone to iPhone and changing the music set to the call is no more difficult than downloading a video to iPhone. But before proceeding with the manipulations described below, you should take several measures to prepare the cut melody or song. otherwise, faced with a problem at one of the following stages, the user may lose his music, and he will have to start all over again.
An iPhone owner who decides to download and install a new sound on his phone is strongly advised to:
- Open the folder with the ringtone, then go to the “View” tab.
- And check the box “Show file name extensions”.
- If the format of the cut melody or song differs from M4R. right-click on the file.
- And select the “Rename” option in the context menu.
Tip: it doesn’t hurt to copy the “work” ringtones that the user wants to add to the iPhone and set as a call to a separate folder. then the originals of the music will remain intact in any subsequent actions.
To download a ringtone to the iPhone memory and set it as a call sound, you do not need to create an Apple ID or register the device in any database; Listed below are some simple and quick ways that are equally suitable for all users.
To a general call
To set a general ringtone on iPhone, you should:
- Open “Settings” iPhone and go down on the main page.
- Tap on the line “Ringtone” and select your own ringtone in the built-in manager.
Similar actions can be performed for Messages and other available parameters; to return everything back, just go to “Sounds” again and set the default ringtone.
How to set ringtone on iPhone?
The owner of Apple technology, who has already figured out how to take a screenshot on the iPhone and put his favorite wallpaper on the screen, can easily cope with other tasks facing him: download music to the device and even make a ringtone out of it. But this is not enough: the received melody must be loaded into the iPhone memory. How to upload and install a ringtone on an iPhone. let’s try to figure it out.
The second way to add ringtone to iPhone is by using iCloud cloud services. The phone owner will need:
- Install the iCloud client for a computer and log in to the system.
- And copy the chopped song or melody into it.
Immediately after the next synchronization, the music that is planned to be installed instead of the system sounds will appear on the device. the main thing is not to forget to allow the exchange of data with the cloud storage on the iPhone.