How to tune channels on LG TV with antenna and cable connection
After the law on the transition to digital television was approved, many companies began to sell the digital TV connection service. But if you follow certain rules of the instructions, you can set up TV yourself, without the help of intermediaries. Below is the answer to the question. how to tune digital channels on your LG TV.
The first way
There are several methods on how to set up your LG TV. There are two main ways. To perform quick setup on your LG TV, follow these steps:
- Open the official website of a TV company that acts as a provider.
- Find a subsection on the site that is needed to tune channels on LG TV.
- Go to the “Main menu”, click on the “Channels” section.
- Select cable TV mode. It is worth pointing out that modern models do not always have such a mode.
- Open the section “Manual tuning” or “Auto search” on TV “LG”.
- In the window that opens, enter the parameters specified on the portal of the television company.
- Launch “Search” by first connecting the antenna or cable from the provider.
After this step, the digital TV connection is complete. You can watch free TV programs without a set-top box, which are available in your area.
If the automatic search did not find all the channels, then most likely the weak TV signal is to blame. You can check it by pressing “Info” on the remote control. A window will appear where the signal quality will be indicated. If it is less than 50%, then manual tuning or signal amplifier should be used.
You can connect your cable TV to receive a signal in a different way by performing the following manual steps:
- Click on the “Home” remote control and go to “Settings”. if you intend to set the necessary parameters for “TV LG Smart TV” from the antenna. As for older models, then you need to go to the “Menu”.
- Open the tab with options, and select the one you need in the list of countries. When the TV is released in 2010, you can choose Russia. In the case of newer models, Germany can be supplied.
- Select Russian in the appropriate section with a list of available languages (if not selected).
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Autosearch” TV channels on the TV screen.
- Select “Cable”. If not, then you need to change the country. Then change the language again. If the operation fails, then the TV does not have a tuner.
If the procedure ended successfully, then you managed to get one step closer to installing 20 free channels on digital TV and remove analog channels. On older models, there are a few more steps to follow:
- Set “Autosearch” by entering modulation. 256, speed. 6750, initial frequency. 274 thousand, and final frequency. 770 thousand.
- Next, click on the checkboxes for obtaining sections with additional information.
- Start search. Wait 20 minutes for the channels to appear on the screen in the standard order. If after this time an error occurs, the procedure must be repeated.
Finally, it is worth pointing out that almost all LG TV models have an automatic system update function. If you do not want to constantly reconfigure the television signal after an automatic reset of the settings, you should disable this function. To do this, in the settings mode, go to the section with the cable settings and turn off the automatic update. All actions performed must be saved.
How to turn off auto-update
All LG panels have an auto-update option if it is in enabled mode. Then periodically all installed channels will be reset, so that this does not happen, it is recommended to disable this option.
- Device menu.
- Setting item.
- Digital cable.
- Turn off function.
How to tune digital and satellite channels on LG TVs
How to tune channels on LG TVs yourself is one of the frequently asked question from users. There are different ways how to tune channels on receivers of this brand, it depends on the type of TV (LCD, Smart, LCD, plasma panel), as well as on which TV format the user chooses (Satellite TV, digital TV, cable TV).
There are two methods to tune digital channels on LG TVs. The first is suitable for all receivers, the second is for plasma panels with the Smart option.
You can tune digital TV channels on smart LV screens using the following instructions:
- Press the “HOME” button on the remote control.
- Go to the “SETTINGS” tab.
- Section “OPTIONS”. Here you need to select a country. If the model was produced later than 2011, then you need to choose RUSSIA, if earlier, then experts recommend choosing Finland or Germany.
- When choosing European countries, do not forget to change the language to “RUSSIAN”, this option is available in the “LANGUAGES” tab.
- Go to the “TINCTIONS” again, set the “AUTO SEARCH” command.
- A window will appear where you need to select the type of signal “CABLE”. If the window does not appear, then this means that the country is incorrectly selected, you need to set the desired country.
- If everything is done correctly, then set the fast scan command and drive in the following data: frequency n. 274,000, frequency k. 770,000, modulation. 256, ID. auto.
- After this manipulation, the screen will require you to enter additional information. To confirm, you need to click the checkbox: digital TV only. the device will search for DTV and analogue channels; autonomy. self-installation of numbering will occur; skipping encrypted programs. paid programs will not be configured;
- Start scanning, after 20 minutes all TV channels will be found.
- Complete digital channel setup on LG TVs.
These are the basic options on how to set up digital TV on LG TVs. Also read how to set up Smart TV for equipment of this brand.
- On the operator’s website, find out the required settings.
- Section “MENU”.
- CHANNELS Tab.
- Include the item “CABLE TELEVISION”, you should be aware that new receivers may not have such an item.
- Go to the “Manual settings” tab.
- A window will appear where you need to drive in the required parameters.
- A search will begin, after which free digital television will be available to the subscriber.
Option 1: automatic search
If the user wants to view only free satellite programs, then in this case LG set up as follows.
- A tuner is connected to the LG screen to receive the signal, it is best to use the HDMI connector. If the screen is already equipped with a built-in receiver, then the connecting cord is connected to the corresponding connector on the panel.
- Section “MENU”.
- Item “Channels“. select “Satellite” as a signal source and press the “OK” button on the remote control.
- Section “SATELLITE SETTING”, approve the required satellite, then press the “OK” button.
- Go to the section “Automatic search”, set a command to scan channels.
- Completed satellite channel setup.
Option 2. Automatic search (Pay TV)
- It is necessary to purchase a module with an access card from a satellite TV provider (NTV Plus, Tricolor). Register it.
- Insert the purchased module into the slot of the receiver or TV.
- In the “Autosearch” section, select the required operator, press the “OK” button.
- The rest of the steps are identical to the first option.
- After the operation, all encrypted TV will be unlocked, an image will appear.
Several options are also used to install satellite television.
TV set-up can be done using automatic and manual method.
If you search the Internet, you will notice that many problems with the initial setup are repeated from user to user. Basically, people try to achieve the perfect picture by manipulating the image settings and asking for advice on how to set the optimal image temperature, contrast value, which parameters should be turned off altogether in order to make watching movies and TV programs as comfortable as possible.
The fact is that there is no unambiguous and generally accepted answer to this question and cannot be. It all depends on the specific conditions, subjective color perception and taste of a person. Therefore, you are unlikely to find answers to these questions on the forums. You still have to spend an extra hour of your time on individual settings.
But with ease on the forums, they give answers to questions such as, for example, connecting wireless headphones and keyboards to a TV. You can find out the firmware version of your TV, create a playlist, connect a microphone for karaoke, and even how to clear the cache memory. Do not skimp on time. It is better to sit for a while, understanding the functionality of the TV, than at the slightest need to go online for help. Also read the operating instructions carefully.
When setting up sound and image, be guided not only by your own feelings, but also by the size of the room, the intensity of its lighting, its color.
This will help you fine-tune the color scheme to suit your particular room. Never try to repair the TV yourself if it has not yet expired.
How to connect and set up Smart TV on LG TV?
Modern TVs have long specialized not only in broadcasting TV programs, but can also perform many other functions, for example, watching videos on YouTube, going online, working with documents and even playing games. However, to provide such a wide spectrum of possibilities, TVs need a fundamentally new software. Smart TV.
The very first and most common problem that appears after starting to use an LG TV is adjusting its color and other picture parameters. This is very important, because the user buys a TV just in order to watch it and enjoy a high-quality picture. If the parameters set by the manufacturer do not suit you, you can easily reconfigure everything to suit your own needs. Use the corresponding button on the TV remote control to enter the main menu. Now you are interested in the “Image” tab. Here you can customize all the available parameters according to your personal needs. The following parameters are located here:
- sharpness, etc.
If you don’t want to mess around with manual settings, the manufacturer offers several ready-made modes, for example, “Dynamic” or “Standard”. In the same main menu, it is possible to enable or disable subtitles, adjust the sound, and when you connect a TV to a computer, it can be used as a main or additional monitor.
How to install and use applications
Please note that not all Android apps are compatible with smart TVs. Most of them are designed for use on smartphones or tablets.
Those applications that you cannot install will be signed with the phrase “Not available on your device”, so study everything carefully.
- IPTV. a program for watching digital TV channels;
- Wink is a popular online movie theater with many interesting and popular films;
- Yandex is a major search engine.
You can install any programs and widgets if their functionality makes it possible to use them on the TV. For example, it is convenient to work with texts and tables on a large screen, view images and maps.
To use Smart TV, you must first of all ensure the availability of the Internet in your home.
over, it is important that it was just a network cable Internet with the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi router, and not just a USB modem or Wi-Fi from your other devices.
Although you can use the TV with any type of connection, be it Wi-Fi or wired Internet, in any case you will have to figure out the connection settings.
Due to a number of features, LG TVs require mandatory registration before using Smart TV features.
So the first thing to do is register on the official LG website before proceeding with further settings.
This is not difficult to do, just follow the instructions below.
Now you can proceed to filling out the contact information. Enter your email address and create a password. Then click the “Authentication” button. This is very important, because later, through the email address, you can change the password if you forget it, as well as receive other useful information. If you don’t have an e-mail box, create it on any convenient service, for example, Yandex or Google. Now you can press the coveted “Register” button.
Now you will have to go to the previously specified mailbox to confirm your registration. This can be done through any of your gadgets or computers with Internet access, provided that you remember your password. The email contains a link that you need to click to successfully activate your account.
That’s all, registration is complete, however, do not forget to sign in to start using Smart TV. To do this, first press the Exit button, which will send you to the initial screen, and then the Home button to re-enter the main menu. Click on “Login” and enter your email address and password in the fields. Do not forget to tick the “Stay signed in” box. After you clicked the “Login” button, we refuse the system’s offer to fill in detailed information about yourself.
First, make sure your Wi-Fi router is turned on. Now, as written in the previous paragraph, go to the “Network Connection” menu. Find the name of your wireless network in the list, select it and enter the password. The program will do the rest automatically, and you will be able to use the Internet. Please note, if your TV does not see the Internet network, try pressing the “Refresh” button or restarting the system. This can especially be a problem for users connecting the TV to the Internet for the first time.
If you decide to establish a connection via a network cable, insert it into the special port marked LAN. Please note that if this is the only network cable in your house, and there are still devices that need to be connected, purchase a special hub or, as it is also called, a switch. Connect the cable to it, and from it directly to the devices.
Using the Home button, go to the menu, from there go to the “Settings” item, and then. “Network”. In the menu that appears, select “Network Connection”. A simplified instruction on how to connect an Internet cable to the TV will appear on the screen, and a button “Set up a connection” will appear. Click it. In the list of available connections, select the name of your network, enter the password. Done, connection established.
LG TV Digital Channels: General Connection Rules
Almost all LCD TVs have a built-in digital T2 module. Therefore, there is no need to purchase a separate set-top box. Accordingly, the entire setup will be much faster.
What to do if you have problems setting up your LG TV
If difficulties arise, first of all, it is necessary to repeat the settings. Sometimes you have to call the master. Equipment may need to be repaired. During setup and operation, the following problems may occur.
Before adjusting it is important to choose the right picture parameters
Any Smart-TV, including LG, has an option to auto-update software and the operating system as a whole. When updated regularly, all configured programs will be reset. To avoid constantly searching for them, you should disable this option:
- We go to the “Settings” of the TV, select the item “Digital” or “Digital cable”.
- Click “Disable auto-update”.
To update the software version of the TV, it may be necessary to remove the plug from the TV connector
The settings provide two types of update “Now” or “Auto update”
However, several times a year, the developers recommend starting this process. The operating system may become outdated and, in the future, will not accept the installation of some applications. Or, perhaps, he will completely refuse to play video in new formats.
How to properly tune channels on your LG TV. step-by-step instruction
The brightness of the picture on the TV also depends on the correct initial settings.
On the newest models
The search for channels on LG smart TVs is carried out for a short time, so the owner only needs to make part-time settings, and then start an automated process. Here it is important to choose the right type of the wanted programs: analog or digital. Sometimes it is easier to do this by specifying the frequency of sending radio waves.
When setting up each channel, the user sees its parameters on the screen
For each individual program setting, you can select the mode of the incoming signal
Upon completion of the search process, the system will automatically number the programs, while paid and encrypted channels will be skipped.
Manually tuning satellite channels
This search method is more complicated, however, it becomes relevant when it is necessary to make adjustments to the initial settings, or there have been some changes in the signal provision services.
When changing satellite settings, it is recommended to perform channel search again
To perform such an operation, you need to enter the “Satellite settings” on the TV, make the necessary changes, enter the data of the transcoder and convector. After that, start the search for programs.
First, you need to cancel the entire list of channels, and then search for updated
Often, all the settings are easy to do on your own. Problems can only arise if the hardware is defective. To avoid this, the user, without fail, must strictly adhere to all instructions.
Free satellite auto tuning
To search for free programs, you need to perform a step-by-step algorithm on the TV:
- A special set-top box is purchased that connects to the HDMI output on the TV.
- If the TV model has a built-in receiver, then the satellite dish plug is connected directly to the output of the connector.
- Go to the “Menu” item, visit the “Channels” subsection.
- In the next window, click on the source, choosing “Satellite”, start the process by pressing the “OK” button.
- In the “Satellite settings” section, be sure to select the option by which the search is carried out. Only suitable when multiple plates are installed.
- Click on the “Automatic search” button and wait for the TV signal about the end of the operation.
How To Skip Unwated LG TV Channels
When choosing a satellite, it is important to check the box correctly in order to save the channel parameters
As a result, the programs will be displayed in the corresponding section of the operating system.
It is better to configure programs with the Internet turned off so that there is no signal loss. Internet connection is required only when searching for IPTV channels.
Manual search parameters differ by region of residence and distance from the nearest signal repeater. The universal setup instructions look like this:
- Open “Settings” and select the tab with the image of the satellite dish.
- In the menu that opens, click on “Manual settings”.
- The “Signal Type” section will appear, where select the antenna.
- frequency H. 247000;
- frequency K. 770,000;
- modulation. 256;
- LD. auto.
Check the box next to “Skip scrambled channels”. TV set will ignore pay TV channels.
It remains to select “Fast scan” and wait for the end of the process, which takes about 2-10 minutes, depending on the distance from the repeater and the performance of the TV receiver.
Pay attention! The site of the “Interactive map of CETV” indicates the scope of regional repeaters and frequencies for searching for digital TV channels.
How to set up cable
Finding cable channels is the simplest:
- Connect antenna.
- Go to “Settings”. “Channels”.
- In the list of signals, select “Antenna” and start the search.
The TV will automatically search for digital and analogue broadcasts.
For easier navigation between menu items, switch to your native language. If it is installed by default, go to the next item. For others:
- Turn on the TV, press the “Home” key on the remote control. Depending on the model, it is shown as a house.
- Open the settings section and go to the image of a suitcase with a key / gear or select the “” menu, depicted as three vertical dots.
- In the submenu, find the line “Language”, click on it with the “OK” key on the remote control and select “Russian”.
Note! LG TVs targeted for sale in the CIS countries have the default language of the “home region”.
How to set up a TV with Smart TV
The presence of Smart TV on board opens access to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable and downloads applications for viewing IPTV, with which you can turn on 4K broadcasting. For this:
Note! Free Playlists are a custom build of publicly available channels. After a week, month, six months, channels may disappear from the list of available ones, and the list will stop working.
Change of time and date
To avoid software glitches or authorization errors on individual resources, it is recommended to set the correct time:
- Click on “Home” again.
- Open “Settings” and select “”.
- Go to the “General” tab.
- Go to “Time and date”, change their settings.
In this tab, they also activate the on / off TV on schedule and set the sleep timer.
The principle of connecting a satellite dish differs from the number of satellites available for processing. An approximate connection sequence looks like this:
- Insert the antenna cable into the socket on the TV.
- Go to “Settings” and go to “Channels”.
- Select “Manual tuning” and in the list of signals that opens, select “Satellite”.
- Install “EUTELSAT 36 A / B 36.0 E” and tap on the remote control on “OK”.
- Specify the frequency 2-LNB 9750/10600 and 1-range 10750 and start the search.
Important! To fine tune the satellite, contact your service provider who should specify the frequencies covered by the antenna heads.
How to tune digital TV channels
Having finished with the presets, the user can proceed to the search for TV channels.
Autosearch does not require the user to enter data to search for multiplexes. it checks all possible frequencies from the specified region and adds both digital and analog TV channels to the list. To initiate an automatic check:
- Open the system menu and select “Settings”.
- Visit the “Channels” tab.
- Select “Automatic search” and check the box next to the search for digital broadcasts. Leave a checkmark next to the addition of analogue TV channels (the quality of the channels is worse).
- Tap “Start Search”.
This method takes longer due to frequency coverage to search, but finds fewer TV broadcasts or adds an encrypted signal. When the process is complete, the user will be able to reorder the TV channel list manually.
Setting up digital channels on LG TVs
Digital TV is very popular among the residents of Russia. Free channels are available to many people around the country. In addition, you are protected from interference that can occur with conventional terrestrial television, since the digital signal does not depend on any external factors, including the weather.
After the advent of DTV, companies began to form that are ready to set up a TV for a certain amount of money. But the fact is that you do not need to turn to their services, since if you follow the instructions, you can set up digital and terrestrial channels yourself.
In order to watch free TV channels, the TV must have a built-in tuner. TVs of the LV company, both new and old, mainly support these parameters, so it will not be difficult to configure them. However, if you are not sure about the capabilities of your own TV, then you need to open the characteristics and find such parameters as DVB-C or DVB-T2.
There are 2 ways to tune digital channels on LG TVs: fast and long. In this article, we will cover both methods.
Quick setup for LG TVs
After the data is found, you can watch all the free channels that are available in your area.
- initial frequency. 274,000;
- final frequency. 770,000;
- modulation. 256;
- speed. 6750;
- Network ID. Auto.
Some data will not need to be driven. It depends on which country you have chosen.
Almost all LG TVs have an auto-update function. If you do not want to constantly reconfigure your TV after it automatically resets everything, disable this feature. To do this, you will need:
- Go to settings;
- Go down to the “Digital cable settings”;
- Turn off auto-update.