How to block anonymous calls on iPhone
Many of us have encountered annoying calls from unknown numbers. We will tell you how to block an unknown number on iPhone and what tricks you should use.
Some smartphone users are overtaken by annoying calls, both unwanted people and advertising from hidden numbers. And therefore the question of how to block an unknown number on the iPhone is of interest. Let’s take a closer look at this issue and help you make sure that no one else bothers you.
How To Disable Silence Unknown Callers On iPhone
Call blocking apps
Also in the AppStore there are a number of applications that will be an excellent assistant in how to block incoming unknown numbers on the iPhone. One of these, for example, is Truecaller.
This application allows you to block unwanted numbers, all unknown or anonymous. What will be a great help.
How to block a contact on iPhone?
In order to blacklist a user that is saved in the phone book, you will need:
- Open “Contacts”.
- Find the one you need and open information about it.
- Scroll down the page and click “Block subscriber”.
This will add the contact to the blacklist, and he will not be able to write messages or call.
How to block anonymous calls on iPhone?
If you are interested in how to block a hidden number on the iPhone, then we immediately note that this is impossible. However, iPhone users have a Do Not Disturb feature that can be configured to prevent hidden numbers from calling. In particular, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the phone settings and go to the “Do not disturb” function menu.
- Turn it on, then you need to set up “Call admission”.
- Next, we choose so that only selected contacts can call you, or numbers from separate groups, for example, all contacts.
Thus, calls from hidden numbers will not be received. But note that if you often receive important calls from contacts that are not listed in the phone book, then this option will not work.
Block a contact from messages
If an unknown person often writes to you and you need to block him, then this is done directly through messages. For this:
- We open messages, then the correspondence with the desired contact.
- In the upper right corner, click the “Information” icon.
- Click on the number to open detailed information about the contact.
- At the bottom we mark “Block subscriber”.
How to Block Unknown Calls, Private Callers on iPhone
How to block unknown or anonymous calls on iPhone
We already know how to manually block a number. The proposed method is more sophisticated and uses a clever, more sophisticated way, where we use the capabilities of such a largely underestimated Do Not Disturb function.
After enabling this feature, your iPhone will not ring or vibrate when someone who is not registered in the phone contacts application on your mobile device calls you.
Open the iPhone Settings app and select Do Not Disturb.
Turn on the Do Not Disturb switch. This action activates the Do Not Disturb feature. You will see a crescent moon icon in the status bar.
Click on “Allow calls from”. Now you need to decide from whom to receive calls and from whom to block incoming calls. If you select “From Favorites”, then all calls from callers on your favorites list will be received by your device (say, from your family members or from friends). If you select “All contacts”, then all subscribers from your contact list will be able to call you. The last option seems to be the best solution, since you will not miss a call from people who are really registered in your contact book.
That’s all unknown and anonymous numbers will not call you. Enjoy the tranquility.
How to block incoming calls from unknown callers and hidden numbers on iPhone
I feel that our civilization has already evolved to the stage of its development when we do not answer an incoming call on a mobile device from an unknown number or subscriber. All calls from unknown subscribers or from hidden numbers go to voice mail or an answering machine. But this process is done manually. How can you automate this process? This will mean the end of calls from automated dialing systems (eg collectors). Is not that great?
How to block calls from unknown numbers on iPhone with iOS 13
Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Select the section Phone.
Click on the switch next to Mute unknown callers so that it turns green.
Now you will not be disturbed by calls from unknown numbers. You can later listen to the message via voicemail.
Which solution are you using?
Have you tried using third-party apps to solve this problem? Or have you taken advantage of the built-in iOS solution? The iOS 10 mobile system promised us a spam-free world thanks to CallKit. For me personally, these apps never worked well.
If there are no such settings in the phone (Samsung Galaxy, bare Android)
If you have a Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel / Nexus, then you don’t have the same out-of-the-box feature as Xiaomi or Huawei. Therefore, you have two options:
- Use a third party call manager. However, here it should be remembered that high-quality applications are often paid.
- Use do not disturb mode built into Android. In this case, the phone will be able, if not to block (drop) such calls, then at least not to give a call signal and not distract you about an incomprehensible call from an unfamiliar number.
How to block calls from strangers in Telegram on iPhone and Android
Here in this messenger everything is human. It can be seen that the developers are aimed not only at popularizing the application in all possible ways, but also thinking about the user’s privacy.
In Telegram, you can easily limit the circle of persons who can call you via voice communication. To do this, follow these steps (on iOS and Android, the design is different, but the steps will be identical):
- Go to Telegram settings.
- Select “Privacy”.
- Go to the “Voice calls” section.
- And here, in the Who can call me setting, select the option “My contacts” or “Nobody”. If you selected “My contacts”, you can, in the exceptions below, prevent some people from your contacts from calling you. And if you selected “Nobody”, then in the exceptions. on the contrary, you can allow several subscribers to call you via voice communication.
- On Android, you still need to click on the save settings icon in the upper right corner of the screen. You don’t need to do anything else on your iPhone.
Now no stranger and stranger will be able to call you just like that on Telegram. All applications would have such settings.
And the last nuance with regards to Telegram, which is worth mentioning here. If you have selected the “My contacts” option, Telegram will allow calling everyone who is in contacts. Therefore, make sure that the phone book does not include the numbers of people from whom you do not want to receive calls.
And if you deleted someone, then you need to go to Settings Privacy Data management and delete imported contacts.
This is necessary because Telegram very often saves contacts that have already been deleted from the phone, and thus, with the appropriate setting, unnecessary subscribers will be able to reach you. After clearing, the sync function can be turned on again.
Set up Do Not Disturb on Samsung Galaxy so that the phone only rings when called from a contact in the phone book
- Turn on Do Not Disturb mode. To do this, just click on the corresponding tile in the curtain: If suddenly it is not there, go to Settings Sounds and vibration Do not disturb and turn on the mode.
- Now you need to configure it. To do this, either long press on the tile in the curtain, or go to the mode settings, as described in the previous paragraph. Install:
- Calls from = Contacts only.
- Message from = Contacts only.
- Open Settings scroll to the Applications section select System applications Call settings Antispam Call blocking.
- Activate 2 functions: Block calls from strangers and Block calls from hidden numbers:
Now you can only get through to those people whose numbers are entered in Contacts. The rest of the calls will be blocked.
New way: Block calls from unknown numbers on iPhone in iOS 13 and iOS 14
IOS 13 introduced the function of rejecting incoming calls from numbers that are not recorded in your contacts. In the new OS, this feature exists in parallel with the “black list” and if you activate it, the iPhone will drop all calls from subscribers not included in the phone book in the same way.
The only difference from the “blocked contacts” function is that when you use the muting of unfamiliar callers, you will receive notifications that the call has been blocked and you cannot turn off these notifications yet.
So if your iPhone supports the new iOS, then you should like this method, because you no longer need to keep Do Not Disturb on, which mutes all notifications, all the time. By the way, iOS supports iPhone 6S and newer, including iPhone SE.
To block calls from unknown numbers on iPhone with iOS 13 or iOS 14, follow these steps:
- Go to iPhone Settings;
- Scroll down to about halfway down the page;
- Select Phone.
- Activate Mute Unknown Callers:
I would like to believe that in the future this function will somehow be renamed into something more serious and less funny (I first read “stunning unknown subscribers”). 2020 update: renamed. Removed the word “subscribers”.
A few years ago, this article could have ended. But in our time, this is not enough. Now messengers are widespread. messaging applications for iOS and Android.
Most of them have long ceased to be just text messengers. Almost all of these apps now support both voice and video calls. Therefore, unwanted calls from unknown numbers are now coming from instant messengers.
And if you need to pay at least some money for a mobile connection, then with Votsap and Viber everything is different: you connect to Wi-Fi somewhere and call wherever you want for free. Such calls are made not through traditional cellular communication, but through the Internet, using VoIP technology.
Highly dangerous calls
Also, I think everyone has heard about this type of fraud as the “investigator’s call” when they tell you “your son made an accident where a person died. If you want to resolve the issue. transfer money “
I tell all this to the fact that calls from unfamiliar numbers are often distracting, annoying, and sometimes entail extremely unpleasant consequences. If you are a modern sane person, you can easily distinguish a normal call from a “divorce”. However, children or elderly family members who have personal mobile phones are best kept away from such contacts. Even if it is better for calls from subscribers who are not in contacts, their devices simply “silently drop” the call.
Budget Samsung Galaxy on the example of J3 2016
If you have a budget Samsung smartphone on Android 5, then in the dialer you need to look for the Block list section and in it. the Block toggle switch. anonymous calls. The name is slightly different, but the essence is the same:
How to block calls from hidden numbers in naked Android (Google Pixel, Nexus)
Android 10 has finally added the feature to block non-identifiable numbers in the Phone app from Google. To activate it, follow these steps:
- Launch the Phone app.
- Click the menu (three dots in the upper right) and select Settings.
- Go to the Blocked numbers section:
- And enable the Unknown numbers function (Block calls from unidentified numbers):
How to block hidden number on OnePlus smartphone
Funnily enough, OnePlus phones are the most helpless in this regard. In the stock call, the ability to block anonymous subscribers is absent as such.
How to get out of the situation? Experience shows that the use of paid call blocking applications does not bring any results. One of the most popular applications from Vlad Lee does not block anything and unknown subscribers dial up successfully. We found a way out. if you install the free Contacts application, which is installed on a Pixel with a naked Android, then the problem is solved.
So, if you are the owner of a OnePlus smartphone, then you need to download the Contacts application from the Google developer from the Play Store, launch it, allow access and then follow these steps:
- click on the menu icon at the top left;
- select Settings.
- scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Blocked numbers:
- enable the Unknown numbers option:
After that, the phone will block calls from hidden numbers.
Using the example of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 running MIUI 10.0.4.0:
- Go to Settings Section Applications System applications Call settings: (Second method: launch the Phone application, go to the Calls tab, open the dialer, click on the “sandwich” icon in the lower left corner to open the menu)
- Select Antispam (Xiaomi calls it this correct word):
- Activate the option Enable antispam.
- Now go to the Call Blocking subsection:
- Here enable the Block Calls from Hidden Numbers feature:
Also, you can block SMS messages from all senders who are not included in your contact list. To do this, in the antispam settings, select the Block messages item, and in the SMS from strangers item, select Block:
Another way using the example of Redmi Note 8 with MIUI 11.
- Start the dialer (Phone / Contacts application):
- Make sure you are currently on the Calls tab and click the menu icon at the bottom left of the screen:
- Here select the Antispam item:
- First, activate the Enable antispam option:
- After that, go to the Call Blocking subsection:
- Here you need to enable the Block calls from hidden numbers option:
Done! Now all anonymous calls from prohibited numbers will be automatically rejected!
By the way, in Xiaomi phones, you can also turn off notifications about blocked calls and messages in the antispam settings at the bottom of the screen:
Blocking unknown numbers on Meizu phones
Flyme shell, fortunately, has a full range of options to block incoming calls and text messages, just like Xiaomi and Huawei.
Right now I have only one Meizu phone with Flyme 8 at hand, but with an English interface. Therefore, I will use his example. So, to block anonymous numbers with hidden numbers, you need to do the following steps:
- open the dialer (an application with a handset, which is usually located at the bottom of the screen in the dock bar);
- at the top right, click on three dots;
- Select Settings;
- Here go to the section called Block List (or some similar word);
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right;
- Go to Call filtering;
- Enable the Block unknown numbers option.
How to block all calls from unknown and hidden numbers on iPhone: 2 ways
If you do not want to answer the calls of certain subscribers, you can block their phone numbers in the list of your contacts on the iPhone (detailed instructions on how the Blacklist on iPhone works). However, it would be great to go even further and block calls from all unknown subscribers and those whose number cannot be identified.
Many users prefer not to pick up the phone when they are called from an unknown number, but at the same time intrusive calls from unfamiliar phones sometimes interfere with the normal use of the smartphone.
As a rule, callers from the numbers “No subscriber ID” or “Unknown” are robots (of course, there are exceptions), marketing department employees trying to sell you something, etc., so getting rid of their annoying calls was would be not bad at all.
Below we will tell you how to block all unknown and undetectable numbers on iPhone.
Please note that this method should not be used if your loved ones often call from other people’s numbers.
ATTENTION. Using it, you will receive calls only from subscribers from your contact list, so you risk missing an important call.
Method 2 (for iOS 7. iOS 12) How to block on iPhone all calls from unknown and undetectable (hidden) type “No subscriber ID” or “Unknown” numbers
This method is not the standard blocking of subscribers on the iPhone, but a clever use of the Do Not Disturb mode and the contact list. So how it works:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Do Not Disturb.
- Slide the switch opposite the Do Not Disturb option to the Enabled position.
- A crescent will appear on the screen in the status bar (where the clock is), after which the device will not make absolutely any sounds.
- Click on “Allow Calls” and you will be presented with two options. Select From Favorites if you only want to receive calls from your favorite contacts. This option is suitable for users who have added the numbers of all friends and family members to Favorites (instructions for adding) (the main thing is not to forget to add the necessary contacts to Favorites) and never receive calls from other numbers.
- Select the “All contacts” option or a contact group (we described how to create contact groups on the iPhone here and here), then you will receive calls from all subscribers from the contact list. However, those who have not been added to your address book will not be able to reach.
Before using this method, carefully consider whether someone will call you on an important issue from a number not included in your contact list. If you are sure of your decision, feel free to close the “Settings” and enjoy the silence. Whereas the callers will always have “busy” in the receiver.
Method 1 (for iOS 13 and newer) How to block all calls from unknown callers on iPhone
In iOS 13, the developers solved this problem by adding a function to block incoming calls from numbers not added to the address book.
Actually, something similar could have been done on the iPhone before by activating the Do Not Disturb mode and allowing Call Allowing for selected contacts (more on that below), but now the function is activated literally in a couple of taps on the screen, and its use at certain time intervals can be called convenient.
It is quite simple to activate the function. just go to Settings, the Phone section, and activate the switch opposite the item “Mute unknowns”. After that, the person who will call you from an unknown number will hear in the receiver short beeps “Busy”.
It is especially pleasant that after a muted call, your iPhone will receive a notification in the form of a missed call, and if the number seems familiar to you, you can simply call it back.
When the “Mute unknowns” option is enabled, incoming calls will continue to come from people from contacts, Siri suggestions, as well as from those whom you recently called.
When is the best time to use this opportunity?
The Do Not Disturb feature activates a completely silent mode on iPhone and mutes not only calls, but also notifications. It is best to set your watch when it activates automatically. For example, every evening at a certain time, the iPhone will go into silent mode, and then return to normal mode every morning. Of course, you can configure the function so that the smartphone remains silent around the clock.
It is also recommended that you enable repeat calls in Do Not Disturb mode. If someone rings twice within three minutes, the call will not be muted. Users who do not have a contact list or “Favorites” should not use the method described above, otherwise they will not receive calls from anyone at all.
How to Automatically Block Unknown Callers on iPhone (iOS 13.3)?