Galaxy A50. overview
Do you know when it smells fried? At the moment when the South Korean giant, which is the leader in many world markets, begins to copy the Chinese. Yes, yes, just take a look at what Samsung showed at the MWC2019 exhibition and everything will immediately become clear and understandable. Galaxy A50. this is the spitting image of Xiaomi Mi 9 or Mi 9 SE at minimum salaries. The main camera, the waterdrop notch and a small chin at the bottom of the screen are completely copied. not an ounce of uniqueness, unlike the flagships Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. Why is this and for what reason exactly Xiaomi has become a victim of the Korean madness? The answer is obvious. in the largest market in India, as well as in China, Xiaomi is a Boschla Samsung. Two markets, it would seem, but they are the most influential and profitable, so Samsung decided to beat Xiaomi. Well, who is the basement now, dear lovers of Gnusmas?
Samsung Galaxy A50. overview and characteristics of the smartphone
There is hardly anyone against Samsung, since it is a worthy manufacturer that does not scatter promises, tries to do something of its own, unique, develops chips, thereby increasing the power of mobile processors, etc. However, Samsung fans are far from being so soft and fluffy and for them, however, as for other connoisseurs of A-brands, companies such as Xiaomi, Meizu, Huawei seem like a basement. They like to insult Xiaomi owners with rogues, distort the company name like “hlaomi”, etc. However, all these pitiful screams are no longer relevant, since Xiaomi, frankly, bent Samsung into an uncomfortable position. First, dominance in the Indian market, then the presentation of Mi 9 on the same day as the Galaxy S10, and now Samsung is also starting to copy Xiaomi.
However, this is not entirely important for us, since the brand is struggling to reboot its own devices and rightly so. A new, albeit not unique, design in the mid-price line, a new processor, new cameras and other technologies that were previously available in more expensive smartphones from the company. In addition, Samsung is revising its pricing policy, making its new products cheaper, although it is not known how expensive they will be sold in Russia or Ukraine. We hope that an adequate pricing policy will affect us too, otherwise the Indians, Chinese and other non-Slavic peoples will always receive privileges that are deprived of us.
Galaxy A50. design
There is not much to tell about the external video, since everything is copied. This is a typical Mi 9 at minimum salaries, and all because the back panel of the device is completely made of plastic, but has a gradient color. There are several colors to choose from: black, blue, white and coral.
Galaxy A50. screen and processor
The display in the new product is not small, but also of high quality. Super AMOLED-matrix with a diagonal of 6.4 inches and a resolution of Full HD. Gorilla Glass 5 is used as a protective glass.
As for the processor, the device is equipped with a powerful Exynos 7 Octa 9610, made according to the 10-nanometer process technology with Cortex-A73 and Cortex-A53 cores. Even the graphics in the chip are on par. Mali-G72 with three cores. In addition, we have from 4 to 6 GB of RAM and from 64 to 128 GB of permanent memory. not bad.
Galaxy A50. cameras
Three cameras today. it’s a trend. And all the polls put an ordinary camera, telephoto and wide-angle. so to speak, to cover all the possibilities of a mobile camera. Galaxy A50, unfortunately, has a slightly different configuration of PV modules, namely:
- the main module has a resolution of 24 megapixels with an aperture of f / 1.7;
- wide-angle camera has a resolution of 8 megapixels with an aperture of f / 2.2;
- the depth sensor has a resolution of 5 megapixels with an aperture of f / 2.2.
How to Use Samsung Pay in A30s A50s A51 & A31 | Samsung Pay VS Samsung Tap and Pay (HINDI)
The device does not have a TV camera, it can only take standard photos, portrait photos and wide-angle photos. However, such a set is very impressive, as for a gadget of this class. If we talk about the front camera, then the company decided to make it single so that it could fit into the teardrop notch, and the sensor itself received 24 megapixel resolution with an aperture of f / 2.0.
Galaxy A50. autonomy, features
Most importantly, Samsung did not skimp on a solid battery, installing a 4000 mAh battery in the new product. There, the manufacturer stuck both fast charging and a Type-C connector. In terms of autonomy, the gadget should demonstrate at least 2 days of operation, and taking into account 10 nanometers and Super AMOLED, with an average load of up to 3 days, it is provided.
Of the interesting things, it is worth noting the presence of a fingerprint scanner under the screen. Yes, now this is reality for the middle segment and this fact is very encouraging, because high technologies are being promoted to the masses.
Other ways to open the recorder
There is another easy way to find voice recorder on Samsung:
- enter the main menu of the phone;
- at the top of the screen, click on the search icon and enter “Voice Recorder” or any other name for your application for recording audio;
- select the program you want and run it.
This way to find a voice recorder will work for any Samsung model, including A10, A40, A50, A51, as well as the entire Galaxy S line.
Where is the recording stored
We figured out how to record a conversation, but how to find a record in the phone’s memory? After you save any record, it will automatically appear in the “List” section. You will be able to listen to audio and even stream it over the Internet.
Where is the voice recorder and how to start recording
Although not a popular application and rarely used, voice recorder is built into all Samsung Android smartphones.
To enable voice recorder in Samsung, please do as follows:
- open the Samsung folder on your desktop. If it is not on the home screen, then swipe the display down or up and the folder will open automatically;
- in the application that opens, click on “Sound Recorder”, then click on the red button to start recording.
After pressing, the round button will change to a square button, by selecting which you can stop recording audio.
Note! Unfortunately, the built-in dictaphone cannot be turned on during a call, since this is contrary to the company’s policy (the ban can be removed, but this requires ROOT rights). You can also use third-party applications to record a call.
How to set up and use
Before using the application, you need to make the pre-settings of the recorder. On the main screen of the application, tap on the three dots and select “Settings”:
- under Sound Quality, select Low, Medium, or High quality. Please note that the more detailed the recording, the more free space it will take in the device’s memory. In most cases, 128 KB / s at 44 kHz is sufficient for comfortable recording. If there is little space in the phone’s memory, we recommend setting the minimum value in the settings;
- the Block Calls feature mutes incoming calls if audio is being recorded. It is necessary if the interruption of the recording is critical. On the other hand, this way you can miss an important call, so we advise you to enable the function only when necessary;
- the item “Storage location” is needed to distribute records. For example, with basic settings, the recorded audio is saved in the gadget’s memory. To save free space, you can change their location and save files on the memory card.
In addition, the voice recorder has several recording modes:
- standard. Normal recording mode, by selecting which you can configure the voice recorder parameters and edit them right in the application;
- interview. Excellent sensitivity mode, when activated, microphones from the top and bottom of the smartphone are used;
- voice memos. A mode that will be convenient for journalists or those who often rewrite media files to text (after recording, the audio file can be converted to text).
Using Voice Recorder on Samsung Phone
Dictaphone is a handy utility with which you can record a conversation or save any other important information. Next about where is the voice recorder on your Samsung Galaxy phone and how to record a conversation.
There are several guidelines to follow in order to achieve the best results when using the recorder:
- when activating the voice recorder, set the memory card as the storage location to save free space in the phone storage;
- save audio no longer than 10 minutes for convenience of working with information and editing it;
- if possible, try to keep the phone recorder at a distance of up to 30 cm;
- try to hold the phone in your hand. For correct recording, the smartphone should not be covered with anything;
- make sure that there is no background noise during the recording process, as it can degrade the quality of the audio recording.
We talked about how to use a voice recorder. In addition to the built-in voice recorder, you can download for free and use other applications for recording conversations.
Manual for phones with TouchWiz shell
Tachwiz firmware is the oldest version of the proprietary shell / launcher created for Samsung smartphones. It appeared back in 2008 and lasted until 2016. TouchWiz interface is installed on such models as Galaxy S3 or J3.
In general, if you have a phone with TouchWiz, then in order to set the charging percentages on Samsung in the same way as in the “Method one”, which is described above, you will need to go to the status bar settings: application “Settings” “Display” ” Status bar”.
By clicking on this item, enter the menu and put the slider opposite the “Show charge percentage” option to the on position.
How to enable charging percentages on Samsung phone screen
One of the most important components of a mobile device is the rechargeable battery. It depends on its condition how long we can use our phone without connecting it to a charger. Without a doubt, when choosing a smartphone for yourself, you must first of all pay attention to the capacity of the built-in rechargeable battery. When the battery has a higher capacity, less often you have to think about charging.
The ability to display battery percentage is essential for any phone, regardless of model or brand. However, the problem is that on many out-of-the-box devices, this function is often inactive. For example, on Samsung smartphones, the user has to configure it manually. The step-by-step steps may differ from model to model. We will tell you how this is done in more detail.
Manual for phones with Samsung Experience and One UI shells
Note that until 2018, Samsung’s branded shell was called Samsung Experience (for example, the popular budget phone J7 runs on it). Later models began to appear on One UI. In general, this includes many smartphones of the A-series: A10, A30, A40, A50, A51, A71 and S-series: S8 / S8, S9 / S9 / Note9, S10 / S10, S20 and others.
First, you need to start by opening the Settings app. This can be done by tapping the corresponding icon on the home screen.
In the “Settings” select the “Notifications” section. Blocking, permission, adding to priority “.
This section contains a set of options. Find among them the “Status bar” and click on this item with the mouse.
A menu will open in which you will see “Show charge percentage”. To activate this option, just slide the slider to the right.
Now, if you look at the top panel of your phone, which is the status bar, you will see that percentage is displayed next to the charge indicator.
If you see only the battery icon on the phone screen (say, Galaxy S9 or S9), then you can enable charging percentages on Samsung like this:
- swipe down on the home screen to open the notification shade;
- on the open notification curtain, find the settings icon. It is drawn in the form of a gear. Tap on this gear;
- Scroll down the settings menu and find the Battery section. It can be located under the “Notifications” section (it all depends on the firmware version that is installed on your Samsung);
- find and select “Show battery level in percent”;
- set the switch next to this item to the “On” position.
As you can see, just a few simple steps, and you were able to put the charging percentages on Samsung.
Battery Checker Apps
If you are more serious about always being aware of the state of the battery of your mobile device, we recommend downloading and installing one of the following applications on your phone:
- Battery HD Pro,
- Nova Battery Tester,
- Power battery,
- GSam Battery Monitor,
- 3C Battery Monitor Widget.
These programs will help you get a complete picture of the degree of battery wear (Nova Battery Tester), show you how many minutes of phone calls, surfing the net and watching videos (Battery HD Pro) the battery will last. Battery Life, for example, will provide detailed data on battery temperature, charge level, capacity and number of cycles. The most comprehensive in terms of diagnosing and fixing battery problems is the Power Battery app. Some of its functions can work in automatic mode. GSam Battery Monitor and 3C Battery Monitor Widget also provide very decent monitoring of the battery condition.
In general, third-party applications can provide additional capabilities for tracking the battery life of a smartphone. For example, to give an accurate analysis of its condition in the form of graphs and tables. Or display, for example, information about the percentage of charging on the main screen when locked, and much more.
Smartphone review Samsung A50 2019 (SM-A505FN / DS)
The smartphone has a built-in 4000 mAh Li-Pol battery, it supports fast charging, and such a charger is included in the package. No wireless charging, but that’s okay for this segment.
The officially declared battery parameters are the same as what we got in the tests:
- Video playback time at maximum brightness. up to 19 hours;
- Audio playback. up to 92 hours;
- Internet browsing via Wi-Fi. up to 15 hours, 3G. up to 12 hours, LTE. up to 14 hours;
- Talk time in 3G. up to 23 hours, in 4G. up to 29 hours.
In everyday life, this device works for about two days with automatic adjustment of the backlight brightness (the algorithm adjusts to you, and it is not aggressive at all, the brightness is always comfortable). In this case, the operating time of the screen is about 7-7.5 hours. Samsung has put in a good screen, a powerful chipset and a long battery life. It is clear that it all depends on your profile of using the phone, the programs that you have. But it is almost impossible to plant this device during the day with active use. The full charging time of the battery is about 75-80 minutes. The fact that the device is hardy and works for a long time is another plus.
Contents of delivery
- Charger (fast charging)
- USB Type cable
- Clip for SIM tray
|Dimensions and weight||158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm, 166 grams|
|Display||6.4 inches, 1080×2340 pixels (19.5: 9), SuperAMOLED, 403 ppi, automatic brightness control, AlwaysOn Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Operating system||Google Android 9.0, OneUI 1.x|
|Platform||Exynos 9610 (10 nm technology), four Cortex A73 cores up to 2.3 GHz, 4 Cortex A53 cores up to 1.7 GHz, Mali G72 MP3|
|Memory||4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM (49 GB free), microSD memory card up to 512 GB 6/128 GB option|
|Wireless interfaces||Wi-Fi a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, ANT|
|Network||2G: 850/900/1800/1900 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 4G: B1 / B3 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20; 4G TDD LTE B38 / B40 / B41 Dual SIM, nanoSIM (not combo slot)|
|Navigation||GPS / GLONASS|
|Sensors and connectors||USB Type-C (USB 2.0) Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor Fingerprint Sensor Built-in Screen Face Unlock|
|Main camera||25 MP (f / 1.7) 5 MP (f / 2.2) 8 MP (f / 2.2) (wide-angle and conventional cameras, depth-of-field cameras), LED flash, 1080p video recording|
|Front-camera||25 MP (f / 2.0), bokeh effect, various additional effects, no autofocus|
|Battery||Li-Pol 4000 mAh, talk time. up to 23 hours, video playback. up to 19 hours, LTE battery life. up to 14 hours|
|Degree of protection||not|
|Colors||black, blue and white, other countries have additional colors|
|Payment system||Samsung Pay, Google Pay|
|SAR||Head SAR: 0.27 W / kg Body SAR: 1.39 W / kg (European Test Method)|
It’s nice that Samsung pays great attention to the radio part of their devices. The Galaxy A50 has dual-band Wi-Fi, which is already a big plus, and is supported by VHT80, which provides good data transfer speeds. Unlike junior models, ANT is supported.
Bluetooth 5.0 version, NFC (Samsung Pay / Google Pay) present, everything works just fine.
In terms of navigation, everything is also very good (GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / Beidou), a cold start on city streets takes 2-3 seconds, navigation accuracy is excellent, no complaints.
Memory, chipset, performance
Samsung used the Exynos 9610 chipset (10 nm technology), it has four Cortex A73 cores with a frequency of up to 2.3 GHz, four Cortex A53 cores with a frequency of up to 1.7 GHz. The performance of this segment solution is excellent, the interface is fast and fluid, and third-party applications are fast as well. Samsung decided to go all-in and not only not save on the screen and the chipset, but to create a working bundle, to make the model have a long life cycle and at the same time the consumer did not experience any inconveniences. Therefore, they did not save on memory, it is fast.
There are two variants of the Galaxy A50 on the market. 4/64 GB base, and 6/128 GB for those who want a model a little faster. Look at the results of synthetic tests for each of the devices.
Test results for the 4/64 GB variant:
Test results for the 6/128 GB variant:
As you can see, the performance of these solutions for their class is more than at the level, this is one of the best models, even if virtual parrots do not show everything clearly, in reality everything is also fine.
Design, dimensions, controls
The principle behind the A20 / A30 / A50 is simple: you don’t have to spoil what looks and feels good. Outwardly, there are practically no differences between the A30 and A50, there is no difference in the dimensions of the case, the weight differs by one gram.
The Galaxy A50 measures 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm and weighs 166 grams. It lies well in the hand, it is not felt at all in the. and it will not work to say something bad about ergonomics.
The material used in the 2019 A-series was named Glasstic (a combination of the words Glass and Plastic). This is plastic covered with a glossy protective layer, which creates the effect of a mirror, in the sun and at different angles the body starts to play, it always looks a little different. The glass does not cover the back panel, it is only used on the screen.
The case has a slight bend, which makes it comfortable in the hand, and the thickness itself is small. But the main thing is the color solutions, for this model there are several of them: mother of pearl, blue, black. Pictures do not even remotely convey what these devices look like in life, they need to be twisted in their hands.
Just like in the A30, the case is easily soiled, there are handprints on it, but the lighter the case, the less noticeable they are. The quality of the case is good, the scratches are small, but they are not visible in everyday life.
The fingerprint sensor is built into the screen, which makes this device similar to flagships, but it is not. As a result, the sensor used here is not very fast, it responds to pressing even when the screen is off, but this is a specific area. The reaction speed is about a second, it works slower than the usual sensor on the rear panel in the same A30. And here is the question of your habits, of what you are used to. Someone this speed is annoying, someone considers it acceptable.
Early adopters of the A50 were faced with the fact that sometimes the sensor did not recognize the finger. A life hack has appeared. to enter the same finger as several fingerprints (you register one finger up to three times), recognition errors are a thing of the past. On the one hand, this is clearly a marketing feature, which was added due to the fact that it is absent from the closest competitors and is unlikely to appear quickly. On the other hand, it does work, and the relative slowness of many is not annoying. Unlocking is not so slow that it is impossible to use it comfortably.
For the rest, there is face unlock and it works great. It is important to note here that, unlike the same flagship Samsung, where face recognition is only accelerated and it can be deceived with the help of a video of a person, both accelerated and normal are used here, the second cannot be deceived with a photo or video. I tried this and that, it didn’t work. For Samsung Pay, only your fingerprint is used as authorization, so there are no problems either.
On the right side there is a paired volume key and an on / off button. On the opposite side, you can see a slot for two nanoSIM cards and a microSD memory card. The slot is not combo, so you are not limited by anything.
At the bottom there is a speaker output, right there is the main microphone (the second on the top), as well as a 3.5 mm jack. The single speaker at the bottom sounds good, but not as loud as if there were two. Anyway, there are no complaints about it, you can hear it well in different conditions.
The presence of two microphones and a noise canceling system in a street, club and other loud places is simply irreplaceable, the device does its job well here.
The bottom line is the excellent build quality, nice material and the fact that the model looks more expensive than it really is. I would like to have protection against water, but it is not in the device, just as it is absent from most direct competitors. Also, for obvious reasons, there is no front LED, there was simply no room for it.
The technical characteristics of the screen are as follows: 6.4 inches, 1080×2340 pixels (19.5: 9), SuperAMOLED, 403 ppi, automatic brightness control, AlwaysOn Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3. For the first time in this price segment, a FullHD screen made using SuperAMOLED technology appears (for the picky, OLED technology, and Samsung’s marketing name is SuperAMOLED). Also, the screen has practically no bezels, and the camera is inscribed in a U-shaped notch.
It is important to know that in terms of its capabilities the screen practically coincides with the flagships from Samsung of the previous year, it is a good, bright picture, many settings.
Samsung Galaxy A50. Рассчитываюсь при помощи NFC. Asker
The difference from flagships is that the display has a lower peak brightness, lower resolution. But otherwise, this is a screen with capabilities that were not available to the mainstream consumer for the money before the Galaxy A30 / A50. This is one of the key features of the device, the screen here surpasses the competition by a head and at the same time provides a long battery life, which we will talk about later.
Another feature not available to competitors is AlwaysOn Display, this is the ability to see a clock or screensaver on the screen, notification icons and quickly switch to applications.
For Samsung, this has become a proprietary feature that favorably distinguishes flagships and mid-range models from competitors, the implementation of such a function in other companies is much easier and weaker, just look at how this is done in the flagships of Huawei in 2019. But in this price segment, AoD appears for the first time, and it’s a big story.
The screen remains readable in the sun, the brightness is enough for any work. The diagonal of the screen is ideal for watching videos, viewing photos, reading texts. This is a versatile smartphone, and the fact that it has such a good display makes it stand out from the crowd of competitors. The last one can only say that AMOLED is not very good, supposedly there are unrealistic colors, to carry such nonsense, although most people have long been familiar with AMOLED and know that all this can be adjusted for themselves in a few clicks.
Glitching Galaxy A50, cry for help from helpless blonde!) Review updated 01/21/2020. Why are there such discounts on the Galaxy A50. Review updated 02/06/2020
My colleague has a Galaxy A20 smartphone and when I told him several of my complaints about the Samsung Galaxy A50 phone, he defiantly said: “Don’t make it up! The phone is excellent, that’s already nit-picking!”
I thought, maybe this is really nit-picking and I demand too much from a smartphone for that kind of money, or maybe I haven’t spread it yet, so to speak, I haven’t figured it out, I’m not used to it.
I bought a Samsung by taxi A50 at the end of May 2019, that is, I have it in use for about eight months.
Initially, I bought it to take high-quality photos, including for the recommend website. I have an old dialer, I wanted to rearrange the SIM card from it into the brand new Galaxy A50, and then decided not to rearrange it yet so as not to delay it. So to this day, he has not made a single call to me (
I didn’t stick the glass or film, but bought an opening cover. I treated the phone very carefully, I have it without a single scratch or dent. Never fell.
Well, I think this information is enough for a background story.
- The main advantage of the Galaxy A50 smartphone. this is an amalet screen. It is very colorful and juicy. The colors are so saturated that you want to stick to the screen again and again.
- Fast charging. Indeed, the phone can be charged in two hours, which is very convenient.
- Battery lasts for a long time.
- The presence of nfc, although I did not use it. Perhaps it will be an advantage for someone.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy A50 phone:
- Very short charger cord. Well, just record-breaking short, and also thin. Sometimes I like to turn on the phone for charging and still surf the Internet through it, for example. This Focus will not work with the A50.
- The quality of the image in the photo. Here I will explain my position, because many people like the quality of the photo and they have no complaints (like my colleague, for example, whom I have already mentioned). Samsung A 50 seems to be sharpened for social networks, you can take a picture and quickly send VK, for example. The photo will turn out to be colorful and clear in general terms. But if I want to zoom in on something from this photo or cut out a part of it in a larger shot, it turns out to be blurry. A close-up photo, that is, something like macro photography, the A50 does with difficulty, and sometimes it cannot focus at all, you have to move it away from the subject of photography. Because of such problems, even the site recommend often stopped skipping my photos. I generally keep quiet about the front camera.
- And the biggest disadvantage of the Samsung Galaxy A50 smartphone (for which there was the whole background). Considering such a short service life, despite the fact that I did not use all its capabilities, did not drop it, etc. (see background), the phone took and broke (Specifically, its screen began to split into small parts across and blink. Photo, of course. does not convey the horror of what is happening to him, and I could not upload the video.
It was possible to turn into frost, but there was no frost this year either. I’m shocked! Turning off, turning on does not help, I already gave him a rest (although he should not have gotten very tired from such non-stressful work).
I would like to appeal to all those who dropped in, maybe you had such a situation, maybe you have a husband. phone repair technician, what can you tell me what it can be and how you can fix it?
- front camera o-shaped (A51) and u-shaped (A50). In my opinion, it does not play any role at all.
- Four chambers (A51) and three chambers (A50). At one time, I fell for three cameras at the A50, but, as it turned out, this is more a marketing ploy than a real improvement in the quality of shooting. I had big problems with macro photography on the A50. And yet, unfortunately, I cannot show you, tk. my A50 turned off, in a certain mode, if you close the cameras with your finger in turn, you can see that one of them does not work at all. Try it. Close one camera with your finger, will the other shoot?
- The fourth camera on the A51 is just for macro photography, but it lacks autofocus. So it still needs to be kept away from the subject. I don’t know if it’s a good photo.
Therefore, if you really choose between A50 and A51, then I advise you to A50 (if the disadvantages listed above did not frighten you). this is the same smartphone, only much cheaper.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my cry for help, the phone was repaired at the service center under warranty for free, the display and battery were replaced. True, I don’t know why it was necessary to replace the battery (Maybe it is somehow connected with the display. Now I walk with the A50 phone even more carefully than before. After all, after the warranty period, it will take a pretty penny to carry out such manipulations with the phone.!