Eliminating other problems
In certain situations, the problems are specific, when inexperienced users are simply lost in guessing what to do. For example, after installing the printer, the indicator blinks or the computer does not see the office equipment at all. This is possible if the peripheral device is connected via a USB cable. When pairing is done over the network using Wi-Fi, other malfunctions are possible.
Very often, malfunctions of a peripheral device are caused by the use of used cartridges. With new printheads, users are trying to print PDFs and other documents onto plain paper. In this case, in order to guarantee the reliable operation of office equipment, it is necessary to use original cartridges and consumables.
It is very easy to check the operation of a printing device from a laptop or from a computer. If all the wires are correctly connected to the printer, the office equipment indicator lights up green, and a characteristic icon appears in the PC tray, then the pairing is set up. Now the user needs to print a test page.
If the device is not ready, you should forcibly install the software (from the supplied disk or find the required driver on the Internet) and restart the PC after installation. Use the “Control Panel”, in the “Devices and Printers” tab, click “Add a device” and select the model of office equipment. You can also use the “Wizard” by activating “Add Printer”.
Why the HP printer does not print and what to do?
If an office worker or a user working remotely does not have sufficient knowledge in the field of pairing multifunctional devices, it can be problematic to solve the problem with the printing settings. To quickly cope with a complex task, you should refer to the instructions of the printing device or use the help of Internet resources.
No printing after refilling the cartridge
If the HP printer refuses to print the required volume of documents with a refilled cartridge, this causes a lot of confusion for the user.
over, such situations are not uncommon when an inkjet or laser printer stubbornly does not want to copy the necessary information onto paper.
When a peripheral device does not print, a malfunction can be caused by a number of hardware or software failures. The former include:
- lack of ink, toner in the cartridge;
- malfunction of one of the devices;
- incorrect connection of cables;
- mechanical damage to office equipment.
It is also possible that paper is jammed inside the printer mechanism.
Software problems include:
- failure in printer firmware;
- malfunctions in the operating system of a computer, laptop;
- outdated or incorrectly selected software;
- incorrect configuration of the required functions inside the PC.
The lack of the necessary pairing is solved in different ways. It happens that you just need to carefully check the network cable. whether it is plugged into the outlet, as well as make sure that the USB cable is connected securely and reconnect. In some cases, this is enough for office equipment to work.
Often, printing is not possible due to a faulty print head. In this case, the device needs to be replaced. If office equipment shows an empty cartridge, it must be refilled with ink or toner, depending on the specifics of the device. After replacing or refilling, the printer usually starts to function.
Doesn’t see black paint
If the user is faced with exactly such a problem, in this case, the possible reasons may be:
- the print head is out of order;
- the coloring matter has dried in the nozzles;
- the paint inside the case is dry or missing;
- the contact group is clogged;
- The transparency film has not been removed from the working surface (in new cartridges).
In certain models of printing machines, an option is provided, thanks to which the user will know when a consumable is running out. The printer will inform him about this.
In some cases, if non-original ink is used, the printing device may report the absence of a dye, but will not block the function. If such messages are boring, you need to open the “Office equipment properties”, go to the “Ports” tab, disable the “Allow two-way data exchange” option and continue working.
Often, the printer is used 1-2 times a month to print 3-4 pages, which negatively affects the nozzles. The ink in the cartridge will gradually dry out and it may be difficult to resume printing. To effectively clean the working surface of the nozzles, you will need to use special products, because ordinary cleaning will not help.
To clean the nozzles, the cartridge must be immersed in a container with distilled water for a day, but with such a condition that only the nozzles remain immersed in the liquid.
You can use paper towels to clean the contact group.
If the printer still refuses to print with the correct connection and the presence of the necessary driver in the operating system, there is a high probability that the chip is out of order. In this case, you will have to buy a new cartridge.
Problems caused by software are not uncommon. They are found in both new and older printers when the setup for copying documents fails. Among other things, the user can download incompatible software to the laptop, which will not affect the activation of the office equipment and the laptop.
Typical failures are indicated by an exclamation mark or a question mark.
Modern printer models are easily detected by a computer. If the wire pairing is correct, the peripheral device will be detected, but naturally will not function without software. You will need to download and install a driver to set up your printer and start printing.
If the printing machine, after the correct connection, did not offer to install the driver into the operating system, the necessary work will have to be done independently, forcibly. There are 3 common ways to install a driver on an OS:
- Go to “Device Manager” and in the “Printer” line, open the right mouse button and select “Update driver”.
- Load a special software download and update program, such as Driver Booster, on your desktop. Install on your computer, run and follow the instructions.
- Find software over the internet. To do this, enter the required query in the browser search. printer model, then download the necessary software from the official website.
For inexperienced users, the second option is considered the best solution. Even if the driver fails, reinstalling the software will eliminate the problem. When everything is ready, you can try to print the document in the queue from Word.
Problems with connection
It often happens when the pairing of office equipment and a personal computer is performed incorrectly. If the printer does not work, you need to start looking for possible malfunctions from this point.
- check the presence of voltage in the network and connect the power cord to the outlet (preferably to the surge protector);
- connect a laptop and a printing machine using a new USB cable or any suitable for use;
- reconnect both devices using the USB cable, but in different ports.
If the cable and ports are functioning properly, the office equipment icon should appear in the tray. You can also verify the identification of the printer by the operating system if you go to the “Device Manager”. Among the designations of network adapters, hard drives, mouse, keyboard, you need to find the corresponding line.
If we are talking about a wireless connection, you need to check the presence of a Wi-Fi network and the ability to transfer data in this way. Not every printer model provides the option to accept documents and images for printing using the above method. Therefore, such an important nuance should also be taken into account.
Detailed information about the built-in functionality of office equipment is indicated in the instructions.
Please read the User’s Guide carefully before activating your HP Laser or Inkjet Printer. You need to connect as described in the instructions. Do not use cables of questionable quality, install software downloaded from a trusted site.
If a disc comes in the box, the driver must be loaded from that optical drive. In the process, you should use the consumables recommended by the manufacturer. paper, paint, toner. If the printer is not detected, you need to use the settings in the operating system, in particular, the “Connection Wizard” function.
For a more detailed overview of how your HP printer won’t print, see the following
Original and new cartridge
For laser printers, the problem of an undetectable cartridge is often solved quite simply: open the lid and insert the cartridge, then close the lid leaving a small gap for your finger. With our finger inside the printer, we grope for the cartridge and “squeeze” it.
There is always the possibility that a compatible analogue or a “remanufactured” original was sold to you under the guise of a new cartridge. If you do not use alternative consumables. buy cartridges from authorized Hewlett-Packard dealers.
The cartridge is original, but it has already been refilled
Checking the toner level and the correct installation of the cartridge are also relevant in this case.
If the original cartridge has survived several refills, the elements in it could be damaged by which the printer recognizes the presence of the cartridge. Or the digital print resource counter has been triggered.
In the first case, the replacement of the failed element is required, in the second. the flashing of the chip.
If the HP laser printer does not see the cartridge
Problems with recognizing cartridges in laser printers arise for similar reasons as in inkjet printers.
- The toner has run out. Always check the toner cartridge level first.
- Chip is not recognized.
- The cartridge is not installed correctly.
HP Printer Cannot See Cartridge. Problem Solution
If your HP printer does not recognize the cartridge, it is most likely having problems reading the chip. There may be several reasons for this:
- There is something wrong with the chip. Out of order, incompatible with printer firmware, ink counter out of order.
- Cartridge construction defect. This is possible if you use non-original consumables.
- Problems with the contacts with which the printer recognizes the chip.
The ink cartridge may simply be out of ink. You should make sure of this first of all.
Common reasons why the printer does not recognize the slam-shut / CISS:
- The chip contacts are dirty. A common problem. details can be found, for example, in the article on malfunctions of CISS and slam-shut devices for HP 655, 178, 920, 934/935, 903/907 cartridges.
- Broken contacts for reading cartridge chips. For example, in printers based on HP 950, 951, 933, 932, 711, 970, 971, 980, 952, 842, 953, 957, contacts are often damaged. What you can read in more detail in the article dedicated to repairing these contacts.
- Incompatibility of the chip with the new firmware (firmware / firmware). So the firmware IG_10_00_00.2 for DesignJet T790, T795, T1300, T2300 “killed” the cartridges emulating the original HP 72. Check the firmware version of your device before installing alternative consumables (for example, in the instructions for determining the firmware for HP OfficeJet). The problem can also be associated with too old firmware (example with R1640).
- Chip blocking by counter. Original chips in the PageWide and OfficeJet Pro lines are completely blocked when the built-in counter is reset, excluding the possibility of refueling.
- Chip lock due to repeated sensor error. Ink sensor triggers due to a missed refill or the use of bad non-original ink will block the chips for devices. Learn more in How to remove this lock for HP Officejet Pro x451dn / dw, x551dw, x476dn, x576dw, x585dn / f, x585z, x555dn / xh devices. Similar article on blocking for devices on HP cartridges 711, 950, 951, 933, 932.
If the HP printer does not see the CPS and CISS
Make sure to fill the slam-shut / CISS according to the instructions.
If the HP printer does not see the original cartridge
Check the ink levels beforehand!
In cases where the cartridge is guaranteed to be new and original, you should refer to the instructions or consult an authorized Hewlett-Packard technical support service. Let’s point out only common mistakes:
- The cartridge is installed incorrectly. Typically, genuine cartridges slide in easily and click into place.
- You have not completely closed the cartridge cover. But do not make excessive efforts to avoid damage.
- Forgot to remove the protective yellow tape from the cartridge.
If you bought a cartridge not from authorized dealers, it is quite possible that you are in front of a fake. An analogue of a third-party manufacturer sold under the guise of an original, or a “remanufactured” cartridge (ie a used original, refilled by a third-party company). In both cases, the problem is most likely in the chip.
Compatible third party cartridge
If you are using compatible third-party cartridges, try installing the original cartridge. If the printer does not see the original, there is a problem inside the printer (chip recognition fails, for example).
Otherwise, the matter is most likely in the chip:
- Out of order.
- Not compatible with printer firmware.
- Installed unevenly.
What to do if the computer does not see the printer
Almost everyone faced a problem when the computer stopped seeing the printer, or did not see it initially. Even if both devices are fully functional, the computer may not recognize the printer, even though the connection is correct. This problem is the most common, but at the same time, the easiest to solve.
Possible causes of malfunctions
Often the reason for the invisibility of the printer is the lack of contact when connecting. a consequence of clogged ports, a faulty cord, or simply not tight enough at the joint.
Printer drivers, like any other software, can fail, causing the printer to malfunction. If there is no disk included with the purchase of the printer, the user can download drivers that are incompatible or unsuitable for a specific OS.
- A different default device is installed.
This problem can occur if other printing devices are connected to the computer, or they were previously connected but not removed properly. This means that the operating system will recognize another printer selected automatically.
In search of an answer to the question of why the computer does not see the printer, users often forget about the settings of the operating system itself. For trouble-free printing, the service must be always on.
Ways to solve these problems
To test the connection, just make sure you are using the working ports and cable. If you find debris or dust in the ports, you need to clean them to ensure contact between the elements. To check, you can free all the connectors, and if the computer does not see the USB printer, check each of them sequentially. Sometimes the solution to the problem can be made by a trivial check whether the printer itself is turned on, since many often forget to turn on the device again after disconnecting from the network.
Problems with drivers can come from their improper operation, or from their complete absence. It is important to use the native disk supplied with the printer to install the drivers. If there is no such disk, the drivers are downloaded from the Internet on the official website of the device manufacturer. When downloading the driver, it is important to select the package that fully matches the printer model and your operating system. If the drivers are not working correctly, you can reinstall them by first removing the non-working version.
To install a valid printer as a default device, you need to right-click on the device icon and check the box next to the “Use as default” option, or just select this option.
To enable the print service, you need to go to the Control Panel, the “Administrative Tools” tab, then “Services” or “Print Spooler”. After that, you need to enable the service by selecting “Startup type” or the “Start” command, and putting a checkmark in front of the “Automatic” parameter.
Thus, if the computer does not see the printer connected, then you can solve this problem yourself in most cases. An indication that the problem has been resolved is when the device is working properly and displayed on the computer. In other cases, you need to contact the specialists, since the lack of results for all the indicated methods of fixing the problem may indicate the presence of more serious malfunctions.
What to do if after refueling the printer does not see the cartridge?
After the next refilling of an HP printer inkjet cartridge, it happens that the printer ceases to see this cartridge. It doesn’t even matter if he refueled at a service center or with his own hand. In such a situation, no one has insurance, we will figure out why this is happening.
The main and primary reason why the printer does not see the cartridge after refueling is the oxidation of its contacts. Oxidation of contacts means that the contacts of the cartridge over time, due to moisture, accumulate on themselves subtle contamination. It interferes with normal contact of the cartridge with the printer carriage, as a result of which the printer cannot normally recognize it.
You can remove oxides from the contacts of the inkjet cartridge from the HP printer with a simple eraser, and after cleaning, reinstall it. In the case when the eraser is not at hand, even a simple match is suitable for replacement. break it in half and rub the contacts gently with its plane. After cleaning, the cartridge contacts will take on a clear and vibrant color that will be visible even to the naked eye.
Damaged cartridge nozzles
The printer also does not see the cartridge after refilling if the nozzles are damaged. This can happen in three cases:
- The ink cartridge has undergone continuous use without ink. To understand, try rubbing yourself quickly with a dry finger on a sheet of paper and the pad of your finger will begin to heat up. This also happens with the print nozzles, only the cartridges cannot stop in time, but as a result. nozzles burn out. One piece of advice. be careful not to let the ink cartridges run out of ink. After all, in addition to the printing function, it is also used for sliding with cooling cartridge nozzles.
- The cartridge has reached the end of its useful life. Nothing is eternal, and even complex electronic equipment tends to break. In the case of inkjet cartridges. the service life is 6 months from the date of the first installation in the printer.
- Mechanical damage. This only happens when the cartridge has been damaged by direct intervention. Do not drop or bump it, or when installing it in the printer, do so carefully and without haste.
In these three cases, the cartridge cannot be recovered. We will analyze other reasons why the printer does not see the cartridge after refueling.
In the case when the inkjet printer does not see the cartridge after refueling at the service center, then they obviously cannot fill the contacts there, but during transportation, paint may accidentally leak onto the contacts. Remove both cartridges from the printer and look at the contacts, if there are traces of ink, you need to remove them. It is necessary to remove both cartridges in view of the fact that due to getting it on the contacts of one of them, the second one, which is next door, may not be detected.
The paint is removed with a dry cloth or cotton pad. After cleaning, it is recommended to wipe the contacts with alcohol. Therefore, before looking for an answer to the question of why the printer does not see the cartridge after refueling, you should pay attention to this point.
If, after refilling the cartridge, the printer does not see it, this may be damage to the contact pad. It is damaged in two cases:
- Short circuit. When installing into the printer carriage, make sure the contacts on both the cartridge and the contacts in the printer carriage are dry each time. The presence of paint on the contacts. first path to cartridge breakage. Spilled paint on contacts. conductive, and therefore, with flooded contacts, a short circuit will occur.
- Mechanical impact. Again, as in the above example with nozzles, the cartridge contacts can be easily damaged if handled carelessly. Remove and install it carefully and lightly, and avoid hitting hard surfaces with the contact pad.
Unfortunately, with a damaged contact pad, the cartridge cannot be restored in the same way as in the case of damaged nozzles.
Try to handle the cartridge carefully. Accuracy. guarantee of durability. For prophylaxis, you can wipe the contacts with an eraser after each refueling, as well as with a dry cloth the contacts in the printer carriage. This prophylaxis prolongs the life of both the cartridge and the printer. Use only refill ink recommended for the specific model. Inks intended for cartridges of other models will only harm the life.
If the cassette is loaded and installed, it is necessary to sequentially disassemble why the printer does not see the cartridge.
The first thing to do is to check that the cassette is installed correctly and that there is contact:
- Cartridge marking must match the printing device model.
- The ink cassette must be fully installed and the carriage in the correct position. For correct installation, it is necessary to exert effort so that a characteristic click is heard. The carriage can be replaced manually.
- If the chip changes position, it should be corrected.
- The chip should not show any plastic residues, ink stains or signs of oxidation. After refueling, wipe the chip with a cotton swab with an alcohol solution, and if there are oxidation spots, additionally treat it with a regular eraser.
- In some cases, the printer does not see the cartridge after refilling due to poor contact of the cassette with the walls of the carriage. In this case, it is necessary to seal the joint with a thick piece of paper or double-sided tape.
Zeroing HP Chip
The method described above practically does not work on HP branded devices. If the HP printer does not see the cartridge, you can perform the chip zeroing procedure differently. The essence of the method consists in sequentially blocking the contacts of the cassette (in the photo) so that the system identifies it as new.
The aLGorithm of actions is as follows:
- Remove the cartridge from the printer. Tape contact number one.
- Insert the cartridge, click “OK” in the system warning window. Print Test Sheet.
- Take out the cassette. Stick up contact number two. Repeat the procedure for installing the cartridge and printing a test sheet.
- Remove the first tape, install the cartridge, wait until the printing device sees it.
- Take out the cartridge, remove another tape. Wipe the contacts with an alcohol wipe, reinstall the cassette in the printing device. The system will recognize the cartridge and indicate that it is full.
For black and color ink, different contacts need to be glued. First, the left contact at the top is glued (in the figure). Next, for black ink, you need to glue the top right contact, for color ink. the rightmost one in the second row from the top. Another option is suitable for both cassettes: the upper left contact is glued first, the second is at random any lower contact in the center. By trying different options, you can get the printer to recognize the cassette.
Resetting the ink level
Each cassette is designed to print a certain number of pages. The data is stored in the printer software and is automatically calculated. When a certain level is reached, the cassette begins to be recognized by the printing device as empty, even if there is ink left in it.
When the Canon printer does not see the cartridge, and the problems described in the previous paragraph are excluded, you can reset the counter. Canon provides users with this opportunity, unlike manufacturers of other brands.
For Canon printers, the zeroing procedure looks like this:
- If the system displays a message about the empty cartridge, press “OK” on the screen, or the reset button on the printer (a red or orange triangle in a circle).
- Further, when the level of ink physically comes to an end, the program will again offer to replace the cassette. It is necessary to hold down the reset button on the printer for half a minute. The counter for the specified cartridge will be reset.
If an ink tank is installed in a Canon printer, the steps are the same for each ink tank.
Additionally, software control is disabled. To do this, you need to find the printing device in the Control Panel. Printers folder. In the properties, in the printer status tab, the field for displaying automatic warnings is disabled. Please remember that after disabling the monitoring function, you will have to monitor the ink level yourself to avoid damaging the carriage nozzles.
For printers with ink tanks, it is sufficient to carry out the procedure once. For replacement cassettes, the procedure will have to be carried out after installing each new element. In addition, disabling the ink level tracking feature will automatically void the device’s factory warranty.
What to do if the printer does not see the cartridge
A profitable option for the user’s wallet is to refuel an existing cassette. In this case, a fairly common problem arises that occurs with HP, Canon and Epson printing devices. the cartridge is refilled and installed, but the printer does not see it and displays a zero ink level. Consider the reasons why the printer does not see the cartridge, what to do to solve the problem.
Zero cassettes for Epson
Epson refilled cassettes can be zeroed in the following ways:
- Using a special button on the printing device, which must be clamped for 5-10 seconds.
- If the button is missing and the cartridge has two round contacts, you can try closing them with tweezers. This action will reset the counter.
- If the system requires you to replace the cassette, you can take it out and immediately insert it back. Often this method works, and the system detects the cassette as new.
The last recommendation applies to printers of any brand. Using outdated cassettes and ink tanks, refilling them with low-quality, cheap ink, can lead to premature damage to the printing device.