Connecting an HP printer is inherently a fairly SIMple procedure, but still some users may have difficulty connecting a printer from this company. We will look at connecting an HP printer in more detail.
Setting up and connecting an HP printer
First you need to connect the usb cable, which comes with the printer, to the input on the back of the printer and the USB port of your computer. Then you need to press the power button and wait for one indicator to light up. Be sure to make sure that no other indicators on the unit are on. The computer should automatically detect the printer. After that you need to install the driver.
Downloading the driver for the HP printer
- Due to the fact that, as a rule, HP printers require installation of a driver for configuration, you need to download the driver from the official HP website. This is not recommended on third-party sites. There is a risk of downloading malware.
- In the menu that appears, you will need to select your printer model. Click “OK” and go to the next menu, where you will be offered programs for download.
- The download will need to be made Based on the bitness of your operating system, namely 32 or 64 bit.
- Among them, you will need to choose a base driver.
- Click “download” and wait for the driver to download.
How to connect an HP printer?
After downloading the driver, you will need to install it.
- To do this, you need to name the driver shortcuts, wait for the automatic installation.
- After that, you need to disconnect the USB cable from the computer, as this can lead to a malfunction of the printer.
- At the last stage of the installation, the program will ask you to connect the cable. Connect and Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the driver is installed, click “Configure Printer” and the setup wizard will configure the printer automatically.
- If you fail to connect the printer, then try to reset the settings, hold down the power button on the printer panel for ten seconds (or until a beep).
With the basic driver, you can enable basic printer functions. In order to be able to use other functions, you will need to download additional software, which can be found on the HP website (link is given above).
If any errors occur during driver installation or your printer operation, we recommend contacting Support. It is strongly discouraged to use special firmware, which can be found on the network, since these programs can cause the printer to malfunction and even cause it to break down. Additional software can be downloaded from the HP website under Automated Utilities.
You can learn more about connecting the printer and resetting the settings in the articles:
We use the capabilities of the printer
Be sure to disconnect the printer from the computer before installing the driver. Then follow the instructions below:
- If the installation disc is missing or the laptop does not have a built-in optical drive, download the full driver from the official website of your printer manufacturer;
- Run the printer software installation;
- Follow the installation instructions that will appear on the screen;
- When prompted for a connection, select a wireless Wi-Fi connection;
- Then, at the command of the program, connect the printer to the laptop using a USB cable and turn it on;
- After completing the settings, disconnect the cable.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi
Connecting to the printer via Wi-Fi is especially convenient when using a laptop. This connection option allows you to get rid of unnecessary wires and restrictions on the movement of the laptop. In addition, Wi-Fi connection is indispensable if several computers interact with one printer. In this article, we will look at several ways to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi.
This method is more secure than connecting using WPS technology, since to implement it, you must select the SSID of the network and enter the Corresponding password.
Manual connection instructions:
- Turn on the printer
- Go to the wireless settings on the printer control panel;
- Search for available networks and then find your network name (SSID)
- If your network name is not available, try entering it manually;
- Enter the password to access your network;
- If done correctly, the printer control panel will display an active connection to your wireless network;
- After that, start the installation of your printer driver on the laptop;
- Follow the program prompts during the installation process;
- When prompted for the type of connection, select manual configuration of a wireless connection via Wi-Fi;
- Find your printer in the list and connect to it.
6902 Tags: Wi-Fi
Immediately after signing a contract with an Internet service provider and purchasing a router for your home [. ]
The question of how to distribute Wi-Fi from a Windows 10 laptop is relevant in the case when [. ]
If your device cannot connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, while in the [. ]
In the information age, when people go to the World Wide Web Not only from stationary [. ]
Using the HP Smart Install function
The easiest way to connect, which is available to owners of printers or multifunctional devices from HP. To implement this method, you do not need to independently install any software on your laptop.
Before trying this connection method, read the instructions that came with the printer and make sure the device supports HP Smart Install. After that, SIMply connect the printer to the laptop with a cable and wait for the installer to start. Then select a Wi-Fi connection and follow the instructions on the screen. Once the installation is complete, the cable can be disconnected.
Connecting using WPS technology
If the printer and router support Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), it becomes even easier to connect wirelessly via Wi-Fi.
Find a button on the router called WPS, press it and make sure that the Corresponding indicator is on. Then do the same with the printer. If done correctly, after about 2 minutes, the printer will automatically connect to your wireless network and be ready to print.
I usually configure through Smart Install. Fast, SIMple, even a kettle can handle this setup.