The presence of this graphic editor will help to carry out the procedure for transferring data to a computer easily and quickly.
- Start the Paint program. To do this, click on its shortcut (icons) on the desktop or follow the path “Start”. “All Programs”. “Standard”. “Paint”.
- In the upper left corner of the program that opens, go to the “File” menu or click on the white rectangle with a drop-down list (in the same corner).
- In the list, select “Get an image”. “From a scanner or camera” (or “From a scanner or camera”). If this menu item is not active, then the scanner is not ready for use (check the connection of the device to the power source and the computer).
- A window appears on the screen in which you select the required device. printer, type of scanned image (color or black and white).
- After. press the “Scan” button.
- Done. Here is a scanned image that you can edit if you want.
- To save a picture, go to the “File” menu and select “Save As”, specifying the path in the directory where the resulting file will be stored. The most common save formats are.JPEG and.Png.
How to scan a document to a computer from a printer
Scanning documents from your printer to your computer is not as difficult as it might seem. Questions in this regard may arise, first of all, in inexperienced PC users.
It should be understood that not every printer can scan documents. Especially for such purposes there are scanners and so-called “all-in-one” printers, which combine the functions of a copier and a scanner.
In this article, we will talk about how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and what is needed for this.
To begin with, the printer should already be connected to your computer, configured and ready to go. You can read about how to do this in this article. So let’s get started.
- Lift the cover of the turned on and ready-to-use printer (scanner).
If you notice that the glass is dirty or dusty, wipe it down.
- Place the document you want to scan on the computer with the front side on the glass, that is, with the text.
Note: On some devices, such as HP Envy multifunction printers, the document must be placed with text up.
- We proceed directly to scanning, which can be done in several ways:
- Go to “Control Panel” and in the “Hardware and Sound” section click “Devices and Printers”.
Right-click on the icon of the connected printer “Start Scanning”
Set the scan options you want, and then click on “Preview”. If the displayed picture suits you, click “Scan”.
- Just run the special software that comes with your MFP, which means it is already installed on your computer, and scan with it.
Here you can also set the desired parameters for the scanned image.
- Save the scanned image to your computer by selecting its format (optional), quality and resolution.
Actually, that’s all, now you know how to scan a document to a computer from a printer and you coped with this task yourself.
How to set up scanning from printer to computer. How to scan from printer to computer
Many of you more or less often face the need to transfer information (text, graphic, photographic images) from paper to a computer. The main assistant in solving this issue is the scanner. It can be either a stand-alone device or an MFP with scanning capability.
Preparing to Scan from Printer to Computer
In order to start the actual scanning process, you must have a computer and a scanner (or MFP with the latter function).
- Including computer and printer.
- Connect the MFP (or scanner) to a power source and to your computer.
- A document, book, photograph or other paper medium, the information from which should be read, is placed face down on the scanner glass.
This completes the preparatory stage.
How to scan an image from a printer to a computer
How to scan documents from a printer to a computer
EPSON L355 with CISS (Click to enlarge)
Scanning documents and photos from your printer to your computer is easy. For this you need:
Install drivers for your MFP. I wrote about this in detail in two articles below:
- How to install a printer without a disk.
- How to install a printer from disk.
If you have a disc that came with the device, you can use it. Disconnect the printer from the computer, insert the disc into the drive and run the file with the [.Exe] extension (usually Setup.Exe). Following the wizard’s hint.
Place the document on the scanner glass. In the vast majority of cases, put the printed side down, but for HP ENVY Multifunction Printers, face up.
Turn on the printer and wait 30 seconds until it is detected in the system.
We scan. You can use different ways here:
- Go to the path “Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Devices and Printers”. Click on the printer icon with the right mouse button and select “Start Scan”. In the window that opens, set the required parameters, click “View” and if everything suits us, click “Scan”. The 3rd from the left shows this option using the example of a Canon MFP.
- Open special scanning software that is installed on the computer with the driver for your MFP. Usually a shortcut appears for it on the desktop. There you can open the settings and set the desired.
- Paint. This utility is bundled with Windows. You can start it by opening the Start menu. All Programs. Accessories. Paint. Expanding the File menu (or click on the down arrow button in Windows 7). We select “From a scanner or camera”. In the window that opens, you can select the type of scanned image. If there is no time and you need to quickly scan something, we immediately select the desired type and click “Scan”. If you have time, you can select “Adjust the quality of the scanned image” and set more appropriate settings.
By keeping. After the scanned image appears in the program Expanding the menu File. Save As. Image in JPEG format. Select the directory or folder to save the document on the computer, set the file name and click “Save”.
DPI. Resolution or dots per inch. The more. the higher the quality of the image, the higher its resolution (the number of pixels in length and width) and the more it will “weigh” and take up space on the disk of your computer. The higher you set the resolution, the longer the printer will process or scan a document.
- 100-200 dpi. if you need it quickly and you will not recognize documents.
- 300-400 dpi. suitable if you need to recognize text.
- 500-600 dpi. if you need the smallest details of the document.
At 600 dpi, the father scans old family photographs that he can get his hands on. There you need a maximum resolution because the quality of a photo from 20-30-40 years is “not very”.
It’s convenient for me to Scan at 300 dpi. The photo quality is good and the text can be recognized if necessary.
There is one more nuance here. You can always lower the resolution of the scanned file in the same graphics editor Paint. But you won’t be able to increase the resolution. Have to scan again.
Scan with pleasure.
Tell your friends on social networks
Using a scanning app
- Install the drivers required for your printer on your computer. To do this, you can use the disk that came with the device, or download them from the Internet.
- Follow the path “Start”. “Devices and Printers” (or “Start”. “Control Panel”. “Devices and Printers”).
- Right-click on the icon of your printer and in the drop-down list stop on the item “Start Scanning”.
- A window opens in which we set the scanning parameters: the type of the original document, the color or black and white image will be received, the resolution of the finished picture, in which format the file will be saved.
- Click the “Scan” button.
- As a result, a scanned image will appear on the screen, to which you assign a name and specify the path to place it on your computer.
Image resolution when scanning from printer to computer
Resolution is one of the fundamental characteristics of the resulting image. It is he who determines the detail (clarity) of the picture. It is not worth setting unnecessarily high values for text documents. there is no need for this, and more time will be spent on the scanning process. And remember that you can lower the resolution of the resulting image (in a graphics editor), you cannot increase it, you will need to scan the document again.
- 100. 200 dpi. fast transfer of the image, and does not imply subsequent recognition of the document.
- 300. 400 dpi. sufficient indicators for text recognition.
- 500. 600 dpi. if you need to capture the smallest details of the image.
How to scan a document to a computer from an MFP
How to scan a document to a computer from an MFP
The point is that the device is not designed for scanning. This type of technique performs only the function of printing. But a multifunctional device (MFP) can scan a photo, passport and other documents.
But how to scan if the required driver package is missing on the computer? Many users SIMply connect a scanning device to a PC, and the Windows 7 operating system independently determines which driver is needed, and then installs it.
Any MFP is capable of scanning, regardless of the manufacturer and model of equipment. The main thing is the connection between the multifunction device and the PC and the presence of a scanner.
How to scan an image or document?
In order to get started, you need to go to “Start” and from the list, which is located on the right side of the menu, select the section responsible for devices and printers.
After clicking on it with a mouse, a window will open where the model of the connected device should be indicated. (Example of HP LaserJet M1530 MFP)
There should be a green check mark on the printer icon, which indicates that the printing equipment is ready for work. Click on the right button of the computer mouse on the icon with the printer and in the menu that appears, select the task “Start scanning”. After that, all that remains is to set the Appropriate settings and select the appropriate scan parameters. To work with text documents, a black and white scanning option is provided, but for processing photos and color posters, you will have to experiment with the settings.
It should be noted that the higher the scan resolution, the clearer the resulting image will be. But the weight of the final file will be much more. This should be taken into account if it becomes necessary to send it by email in the presence of a slow Internet and expensive traffic.
And even if you have a monochrome printer, which is designed for black and white printing, then the scanned picture will still turn out in color.
How to scan to a printer. Useful Tips
How to Scan to Printer? Today even a child can handle this. For a long time, printer, scanner and copier have been combined into one multifunctional device. The so-called MFP. They differ Not only in design, but also in speed, quality of work and other properties.
If in the first place when choosing such a device is compactness and a limited budget, then it is better to consider the most SIMple devices. An example of such an option from Epson would be the Stylus CX 4100. How to Scan to a printer of this brand?
This device has a color scanner based on CCD-sensor, optical resolution size. 1200x2400dpi. I must say that for a device of this class this is a pretty decent resolution.
There are three modes of operation on this scanner:
SIMple. some of the settings need to be done manually;
Automatic. identification of the type and source of the document, optimization, preview and scanning are done automatically;
Professional mode. the user has the ability to carry out all parameter settings independently.
The device comes with a disk with drivers and a program for manual or automatic scanning, saving in PDF format, restoring colors in photos, and so on.
Connect the scanner-printer to the computer, install the device driver and you can start working. How do I scan from a Stylus CX 4100 printer? It’s very SIMple. Placing the necessary document on it, open the EPSON Smart Panel application on the desktop, find the Scan icon in it and start the information reading process. Then follow the prompts.
How to scan on a Samsung SCX 4100 printer
This is another representative of multifunctional devices. There is also a dedicated scanner application. “Samsung SmarThru 4”, it is installed with the device driver using the optical disc.
Open the printer lid, place a document or photo there (you need to be guided by the guide marks). Now you can launch “Samsung SmarThru 4”, find the “scan” icon in it and click on it. You will see another window in which you need to select a mode for scanning. How to scan to a printer in different modes?
If you use the Application tab, you can transfer the scanned document to one of the programs on your computer. If you apply the “E-mail” tab, then scanning will be performed with the subsequent sending of a document or photo to the specified email address. The “Folder” section will help you save the scan result on your computer. And if you need to recognize the text, then use the “Recognition” tab.
Select the mode you need, set all resolutions and color values, then click the “Scan” button and start the process.
How to scan to a printer without using the “Samsung SmarThru 4” application
To do this, you need to use the “TWAIN” interface, which is usually installed in the operating system by default. In order to start the process, you need to open a graphics editor or OCR program and select “Samsung SCX 4100” as the source of the opened document.
As you can see, the principle of operation of all multifunctional devices is the same: just install the drivers and connect the printer to the computer, and then calmly start working.
Scanning through the printer software
A driver from the manufacturer in almost all cases installs a program on the user’s computer, the interface of which allows us to work with the printer. Its icon is also displayed on the desktop. When called, the parameters window appears, where we can change them. And also start scanning or printing.
Features of scanning a document to a computer
Even if your device is an MFP and it has a scanner, this is still not enough to start printing right away. Each hardware in a computer has its own software. It should show the PC how to operate this equipment. If you are the owner of the printer, then the kit should include a floppy disk with the driver. You need to install it into the computer’s disk drive and install the program.
When the required software is installed and the printer is ready to use. Now you can easily scan the documents you need.
Plug in the printer’s power cord and press the Power button.
You need to open the cover that hides the scanning cloth;
The progress of the process will be visible on your computer screen. When it finishes, you will need to name the new file and also specify the path where it should be saved. This is how the principal papers are scanned onto the PC screen.
What does DPI mean when printing or copying a document
You probably noticed when adjusting the print parameters the DPI item, the value of which can be changed. It is an abbreviation that stands for dots per inch. If you see a value of 200 by 400 DPI, then you can imagine a rectangle with an area of 200 by 400 dots. In this case, the dots in the printer can be applied in different ways to the surface of the paper during copying or printing. Since there are laser, inkjet, matrix. This metric will also help improve the quality of your scan.
How to scan documents from printer to computer. How to transfer a document to Paint
Thanks to the versatility of the software, we can start scanning documents from different programs. For example, from Paint. a photo editor, which is available in every version of Windows. It is also very convenient, there is a need to look for a section with a seal. You need to find the Paint program on your computer. Also, make sure the printer is connected to your computer and all required drivers are installed.
Click the “Start” button (in Windows 7) or the search button (in Windows 10, 8) and type “Paint”;
Now the finished scanned file can be printed, saved as an image in one of the graphic formats, or changed. All this you can do through the “File” button by selecting the appropriate menu item.
What you need to know about your printer?
A printer is an output device that is capable of transferring digital information to solid surfaces, primarily cardboard paper. A classic printer can do nothing but print text from a computer onto paper. In the modern world, a printer is also called an MFP, which means multifunctional devices. They have built in equipment called a scanner. The MFP contains other functions such as fax.
It is the scanner built into the printer that allows converting information in the reverse order: from printed, printed on paper. to digital.
All this was said to the fact that today there are old working models of devices in which the function of scanning documents is not provided. Therefore, before looking for ways to scan through a printer to a PC, you need to look at the instructions that came with the device. If they are not there, you can find the model’s website and see the information you need.
Where to find a driver for your printer
We often lose drivers that come with computer devices.
If this is the first time you connect the printer to a computer and you do not have software for it on the disk, follow these instructions to scan successfully:
- Connect the printer to your computer and turn on both devices;
- On the PC, open the Device Manager. To do this, press the WINPAUSE key combination;
- Select the item “Device Manager” on the left in the menu;