Check the cable and charging adapter
First of all, you need to make sure that the iPad has stopped turning on, not due to a low battery. Many will be surprised, but often the problem is really that the iPad is completely discharged, but does not charge due to a broken cable or charger.
Making sure the problem isn’t with the accessories is pretty easy. Try charging another device, such as an iPhone, using the cable and charging adapter. If charging starts, then the accessories are not damaged and you can proceed to the following methods.
Make sure the iPad connector isn’t clogged
Also, quite often the iPad does not charge, and at the same time does not turn on, due to the fact that the charging port of the tablet is clogged. This happens most often on old tablets that have been in active use for several years.
Clean the charging port, for example with a toothpick. It is important to proceed with care and use gentle strokes to remove accumulated debris from the connector. In especially advanced cases, a lot of debris accumulates in the connector, for example, as in the image below:
After cleaning the connector, try charging iPad again. If the iPad does not turn on now, we go to the programmatic ways to solve the problem.
My iPad Won’t Turn On! Here’s The Real Fix.
Enter iPad into Recovery Mode
The next effective way to solve the problem is to activate Recovery Mode on iPad. Successfully Putting iPad Into Recovery Mode To Bring It Back To Life With iTunes.
In order to enter iPad into recovery mode, follow these steps:
Press and hold the Home button on iPad and connect the tablet to the computer using a USB cable.
Continue holding the Home button until the iTunes logo appears on the iPad.
If the iPad reacted and entered recovery mode, you will have the opportunity to restore the tablet to work.
After entering iPad into recovery mode, you need to launch iTunes. As soon as the program starts, it signals that the iPad is found and suggests updating or restoring the device.
First of all, you need to try to update the iPad, as in this case it will be possible to get rid of the problem without losing data. However, if your iPad has previously been updated to the latest iOS version, then, of course, it will not be possible to update it.
In this case, all that remains is to select the “Restore” item. After restoring, iPad will start to turn on, but all data on it will be deleted. This method is only recommended if you’ve recently backed up your iPad data.
Hard reset iPad
Let’s start with the simplest way to bring the iPad back to life, which is often a lifesaver. It’s not uncommon for iPad to not turn on due to a software error that needs to be reset. This is very easy to do. you need to perform a so-called “hard” reboot.
To do this, on the iPad, you need to simultaneously hold down the Home and Power buttons and hold them until the Apple logo appears on the tablet screen (10-15 seconds).
If the Apple logo appears, the iPad is saved! The tablet will turn on and work as before. If the “hard” reboot did not lead to anything, then you should proceed to the following methods.
iPad won’t turn on. what should i do? 5 ways to solve the problem
iPad is recognized as the best and most reliable tablet. Even older iPads perform well after years of heavy use. However, iPad may experience crashes, for example, the tablet may stop turning on. What to do if iPad won’t turn on? In this manual, we talked about the most efficient and effective ways to solve the problem.
iPad won’t turn on? All the most effective ways to solve this problem are described below. We recommend that you follow one by one from the first to the last. at one of the stages, your iPad will work again!
If the reboot didn’t work
If after holding these two buttons nothing happened, you should check the most commonplace omission. the battery charge. Try charging your tablet. If nothing becomes visible right away, then wait, it is better to leave the gadget on charge overnight.
The gadget turned on, but does not work
If, after the actions taken, the gadget still showed signs of life, but “freezes” on the screen with the logo, or you see a blue or red screen, then you need to restore the firmware. To do this, you need to do the following:
- You need a computer running Windows or OSX. Download and install iTunes. Connect your device with the supplied USB cable to your computer.
- Repeat the procedure for forced reboot of the device. But this time, do not release the buttons even after the logo appears and hold until the recovery mode turns on. The picture on the device screen and a message in the program on the computer will let you know about this.
In the message on the computer, in addition to the text, there will also be buttons “Refresh” and “Restore”. When you press the first, the system will download and install the latest firmware on your tablet, fixing possible software errors. Since this is just an update, all your data, files and settings will also be preserved.
A failure is possible in this procedure, then you need to save STIHL and repeat steps 2 and 3.
What to do if iPad won’t turn on or charge
It happens that a nuisance happens. your favorite “apple” device one day simply will not turn on. Even regardless of whether there was a reason or not. In this article, we will tell you what to do if the iPad won’t turn on or charge: what could happen and what repairs you can handle on your own.
There are several options for the inoperability of a tablet or other device from Apple. Now we will consider the options when the gadget “freezes”, in other words, does not respond to normal actions, such as pressing buttons and touches. The same methods will work if iPadmini won’t turn on or charge. All procedures are the same.
“Freezes” happen even with a working device, the screen may not darken, and may become black. Of course, the second case is much more terrible. at first glance.
First of all, force restart the gadget. This procedure will not erase data from memory, and all your photos, music, settings, etc. will remain in their original form.
To perform this action, simultaneously press and hold the “Power” and “Home” buttons for 10 seconds until you see the apple icon. If everything worked out, then the tablet or other device will boot as usual and everything will return to its place.
If nothing worked
If the iPad still does not turn on and does not charge, then you should contact the professionals at the service center, because you have tried all the easy methods. Unfortunately, you have a hardware glitch that can only be fixed by repairing or replacing broken parts.
The most radical solution to the problem when the iPad is not turned on is to flash and restore it. In addition, this option is the last one that a user can apply at home.
Please note that creating a backup copy at this stage is not possible, so if shortly before the breakdown it was not created automatically or manually, then the user runs the risk of losing all files without the possibility of recovery.
In a situation with a non-working tablet, only iTunes can help you reset the iPad and set it up as new.
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
- Click on the device icon on the top bar.
- Press and hold the Power and Home buttons. An apple icon will appear on the screen, which will go out almost immediately.
- In the opened iTunes dialog box, click “Restore iPad”. “Restore and Update”. Please note that after flashing the device will have the latest version of iOS installed.
- After rebooting the device, the system will prompt the user to configure it as a new one or restore data from a backup.
Correct connection to power supply
You should immediately take the adapter for charging, the ideal option is a USB cable from the kit. When using a charger from another manufacturer, you must make sure that it is certified by Apple. Followed by:
- Connect the Lightning to USB cable to your iPad (or other Apple device). Connection is possible using a cable with a 30-pin connector;
- Then connect to the power source, it is recommended to choose one of the options:
- An ordinary outlet, you must first connect a special device to the adapter for charging through the outlet, and then connect to it;
- You can charge the iPad using a USB connection with a stationary PC or laptop, it must be in an active state. However, you can use USB 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1. If there are ports on the keyboard, it is better not to use them, since the circuit loses reliability, an extra load is created on the keyboard and a lower charging speed;
- It is possible to use special docking stations, portable charging accessories or Power Bank. They need to be certified by Apple.
What to do if iPad won’t turn on
Sometimes the owners of iPads face a problem when the device does not turn on or the apple icon just lights up on the screen. There are several reasons for a possible breakdown, some of which can be solved at home without contacting a service center.
The problem with turning on the tablet can be caused by several reasons: a breakdown of an internal component or a failure in the system. In the latter case, simple actions that do not require opening the device can help.
iPad is disconnected connect to iTunes: how to unlock [Solution]
If you see the message “iPad is disconnected please connect to iTunes” on the tablet screen, this guide will tell you how to unlock it. Let’s consider the cause of the problem and several ways to solve it.
Apple uses a variety of methods to protect user data on its devices. One of them is a digital passcode, which is set by the owner of the tablet. The ipadOS has built-in protection against brute-force attacks. a method of hacking a device by selecting a code. It is this protection that displays a message on the iPad screen.
Reasons for which iPad randomly turns off the screen
These can be hardware and even software problems. First, you need to make sure what caused the problem, as the repair work will be different for each case.
If the “iPad” has a black screen and does not turn on, then the possible reasons are as follows:
- Hardware problem. If the screen module was damaged due to the fact that the device was dropped, water got inside, or because of cracks in the glass, then this is physical damage that contributed to the fact that the screen went out altogether.
- The train is gone. If you drop this sensitive device from your hands, the cable connecting it to the motherboard may loosen slightly, and this may interfere with the operation of the touchscreen. This breakage is hidden, because there is no visible damage on the tablet.
- Software glitch. If you are absolutely sure that the screen has gone out on the “iPad” due to an update, and not due to mechanical damage, then you can fix it yourself by resetting the tablet to factory settings or deleting certain applications.
- Poor replacement. If after replacing the touchscreen on the iPad the screen does not turn on, then you need to contact the service where the display module was repaired, perhaps the touch glass was installed of poor quality.
What to do if the iPad screen does not work
If your gadget does not charge and the screen with an “apple” blinks, a black, white or blue screen appears, or other malfunctions, then you need to pay attention to the symptoms.
So, we can highlight some signs of a breakdown of the iPad screen, which you need to pay attention to:
iPad Won’t Turn ON or Charge Fixed
- The tablet stops responding to touch, even when you press any buttons;
- iPad won’t turn on and screen blinks;
- The touch screen is not responsive;
- Freezes (lags) occur;
- My device isn’t responding to Apple Pencil touches.
No matter how trite the following recommendations may sound, it is still worth trying them in order to eliminate a simple problem with a non-working screen:
- Charge your tablet. Often, users forgetting to charge the device in time think that it has stopped working. If the battery charge is critically low, then the tablet will show no signs of life. If you are using Apple Pencil and the sensor is unresponsive, charge it too.
- Clear the screen. Some dirt covering the display can cause problems with the touchscreen response. Use a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber) for cleaning.
- Update the software. The latest iOS software must be installed.
- Please reboot. Perform a hard reset, which does not erase data on your device, but only reboots the system.
- Delete the application. If your iPad has a dark screen and won’t turn on when you launch a particular app, then the problem is with the app, not the screen. First try to update the application, if it does not help, then uninstall it.
IPad screen won’t turn on
If the “iPad” does not turn on the screen, then it is necessary to find out which of the malfunctions (software or hardware) caused this. Hardware problems are immediately visible, so just bring the tablet to Mr. Profi service center, where experienced engineers will fix and give a second life to your device.
“IPad” works, but the screen is black, who to contact?
If the tablet screen does not turn on even after the manipulations described above, it is recommended to contact the Mr. Profi service center in Kiev. Experienced engineers will determine the reason why the iPad has a black screen before making repairs.
Only after a free diagnosis, the masters of our service center will tell you why the tablet stopped working and how much it will cost to repair this malfunction. Often the problem is caused by mechanical damage to the device, therefore, in order to make repairs, you need to have certain knowledge and tools.
Contacting our workshop, a specialist will be repaired within 1-2 hours. The cost of replacing the screen is from UAH 1,600. The replaced part and the work performed are covered by a 2-month warranty.
Why iPad won’t turn on what to do?
Another way to restore any Apple smartphones, when the iPad does not turn on, the “apple” is on and off “, is to reboot the device. This is done in three steps: press the Home and Sleep keys (shutdown) at the same time and hold them for 10-15 minutes until the “apple” logo appears on the display
What to do if iPad charges but won’t turn on?
Clogged or broken charger connector
If your iPad won’t charge (and therefore won’t turn on), it might be because the charging slot is clogged or broken. Proceed as follows: blow dust off the connector; clean it with a special paper clip
Why iPhone is charging but not charging?
These devices may appear for several reasons: the charging port of the iOS device may be dirty or damaged, the charging accessory may be defective, damaged, or not Apple certified, or the USB charger may not be designed to charge devices.
Why iPad restarts itself?
If the iPad restarts, the cause may be due to a malfunctioning CPU. This is a serious problem and can be resolved by removing and replacing the mechanism. Often the device spontaneously reboots when the power amplifier malfunctions.
Why won’t the iPad charge? Causes and ways to eliminate them
A common type of iPad malfunction is that the battery will not charge or recharge despite using a Li-on battery.
- Charger defective. This is the most common reason, therefore, first of all, you need to check the performance of the charger that is currently in use. You can check the charging fault with a tester (multimeter), if you do not know how to do it yourself. contact a friend who understands.
- The charger connector does not function as a result of mechanical damage (may result from careless use). If the connector is damaged, it will have to be replaced with a new one, after which the tablet computer will recharge well again.
- The bottom loop may be inoperative due to moisture penetration into the device or due to inaccurate use and resulting mechanical damage. In this case, only the replacement of the loop will correct the situation, at the service center.
- The reason may be the use of a non-original charger, which led to the failure of the power controller. The way to fix this problem depends on the specific case and usually ends with a trip to the service center.
- Moisture particles or condensation may have entered the main board of the tablet PC. In this case, you need to clean it and restore it to work in the service center.
Sometimes a malfunction becomes relevant when the iPad refuses to charge from the USB port of the computer. These features must be taken into account when diagnosing the device. The best option would be to contact a repair service, where specialists will eliminate all breakdowns.
A separate case is the problem when a message is displayed on the iPad screen that charging is not in progress. This often happens when it is charged from a computer via a USB port. In this case, the iPad may display a message about no charging, although in reality it charges, albeit rather slowly. Therefore, charging from a computer takes much longer than from a charger, do not forget about this fact.
Quickly draining the iPad’s battery can be a nuisance. This may be due to a battery failure or moisture ingress into the device. In the first case, the battery is changed, in the second, they resort to thorough drying, since in the presence of condensation, the tablet computer can consume much more electricity.
Many iPad owners wonder how long it takes to fully charge their tablet. The answer to this question is not always unambiguous. it all depends on the charging method used, the technical condition of the battery, as well as on the presence of possible malfunctions in the power circuit.
If the screen is dark or unresponsive
If the device screen is dark or unresponsive, a forced restart may be required. This procedure does not erase the contents of the device. You can force the device to restart even if the screen is dark or does not respond to button presses. Follow the steps below.
- On iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the power button until the device restarts.
- IPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- IPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons until the Apple logo appears.
- IPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold the Home and Top (or Side) buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Malfunctions of software and electronic components
Sometimes there are problems with turning on the device and charging it due to errors in the installed software.
The gadget is charging, but does not turn on
If the gadget is charging, but there is no reaction when you try to turn it on, this indicates a problem with the battery. Since it is not removable for the iPhone, and for the iPad it is problematic to get it, certain difficulties may arise with testing this part.
The problem with turning on can occur with a deep discharge, if the gadget has been in a discharged state for a long time. There are three well-known methods that can be used to troubleshoot the problem:
- Replenish the lower battery charge threshold:
- connect the charger to an outlet;
- leave the device switched on for 6–12 hours to restore charge losses during prolonged contact with the mains;
- try to turn on the gadget and check the iOS download.
To replenish the lower threshold of the battery capacity, you can try to leave the phone on charge for 6-12 hours
To enter DFU mode after the standard forced boot start procedure, you need to hold the Home button for another 15 seconds
Rapid discharge of a charged battery may indicate that it is time to replace it. The most susceptible to this defect are gadget batteries, for which non-original chargers are used. The thing is that they can produce too high or, conversely, very small amperage, which does not fit into the range established by the manufacturer. This has an extremely negative effect on the capacity of the battery and leads to its premature wear.
If you encounter problems with turning on or charging iPad or iPhone devices, the user is advised to follow the steps that are detailed in the article. It is guaranteed that in eighty percent of cases, the product will be restored to work. The remaining twenty percent is accounted for by mechanical damage and failure of electronic components. Malfunctions of this type are recommended to be eliminated only by specialized service centers. This will protect against the use of fake accessories and will enable you to use your mobile device for a long time.
The gadget is discharged and does not turn on while charging
If the gadget is discharged and does not turn on during the charging process, it means that the smartphone is deeply discharged or a conflict has arisen at the iOS software level. To troubleshoot, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for ten seconds. For iPhone 7, you need to press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons.
Press the Power and Home keys simultaneously for 10 seconds
Silent mode on iPhone is turned on and off by a special button on the phone body
If after these steps the result is not achieved, the cause of the problem should be looked for in the power adapter or cable.
iPad and iPhone lose power much faster in cold temperatures. If you try to charge the product after it has been in the cold for a long time, especially in frosty weather, the power circuit may instantly fail. Therefore, when entering a warm room, before plugging into the outlet, the device must be warmed up for 20-30 minutes.
What to do iPad has shut down and won’t turn on
Even the highest quality equipment is not immune to malfunctions. And Apple devices that have won the love of users for their functionality and impeccable reliability are no exception.
If your iPad won’t turn on, don’t worry too much. The reason for this is not necessarily a hardware malfunction, most likely the problem is solved easily and trivially.
The reasons for this behavior of the tablet should be determined. This can happen due to a failure of the battery or due to a malfunction of the power button.
Often, even with a loaded battery, iPad still won’t turn on.
There may be several reasons for this behavior of the device:
installation of unlicensed applications and installation of new firmware. A possible solution to the problem is to reinstall the operating system using iTunes. But before reinstalling the operating system, you must try to hard reboot the device;
problems with the elements of the iPad. Most often, the power button breaks. To diagnose this problem, you need to connect the device to the charger. If the battery charge indicator is displayed on the screen, then the power button is almost certainly out of order;
the charging connector is defective. This type of breakdown is much more difficult to identify, since when you connect the iPad without a charge to charging, nothing happens. A possible way to eliminate this kind of malfunction is to clean the connector contacts;
moisture penetration into the tablet. You can try to deal with this problem yourself. You need to disassemble the tablet and let the device dry for 2-3 days. This method is not always effective and risky, since there is a possibility of board oxidation. Repairing the board is usually quite expensive, and in some cases the device becomes completely non-repairable. In this regard, it is recommended to return the tablet to a service center to fix the problem as soon as possible;
short circuits. Despite the fact that the reason is incredible if used correctly, this can happen when using a non-original charger. The only way out of the problem situation is to replace the burnt out elements.
The battery has run out
First of all, if it is impossible to turn on the iPad, it should be connected to the charger. A completely discharged battery is often the reason for this behavior of the iPad. Usually, the battery charge is enough only to display an empty battery, but it often happens that nothing is visible except for a dark screen.
The minimum recommended time for charging a tablet from Apple is 20 minutes. After that, you must try to disable it. If the display shows a red battery, the tablet is low and you need to continue charging.
If there are no changes, it is recommended to change the power supply or charger.
The most effective action in the fight against spontaneous shutdown of the tablet is considered to be its hard reboot. To do this, press simultaneously two keys on the iPad “Home” and “Power” and do not release them until an apple (Apple logo) or a graphic image of the battery status appears on the screen.
The appearance of an apple on the display indicates that the problem has been resolved, the tablet is charging and will be available for normal operation.
It should be noted that a hard reboot will reset temporary data.
Recovering the iOS operating system using iTunes
If, after a hard reset, the tablet still does not turn on, then you can try to restore the iPad‘s functionality by completely flashing the device.
In order to restore the operating system via iTunes, you will need:
a pre-downloaded file with the version of iOS currently installed on the iPad.
IOS recovery is carried out in the following sequence:
connect iPad to the system unit using a USB cable;
go to the page for setting up device synchronization with iTunes;
while holding down the “Shift” key on the keyboard, click on the “Restore” button;
in the window that appears, select the firmware file;
iTunes will automatically delete all content and download the “fresh” firmware to the iPad’s internal memory. After the update, the device will be transferred to Recovery Mode, and the device will be restored to the factory state.