The device does not respond at all
If your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X does not respond at all to your actions, it just freezes and shows a static picture or just a dark screen, you need to restart.
In this case, you should not lose any data that you worked on if the corresponding software has an autosave function. And there will definitely not be an iPhone reset.
On iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button. And at the end, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo.
If you are using an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for ten seconds or longer until the Apple logo.
If you are using an iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or older, press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for ten seconds or longer until the Apple logo.
iPhone 8 or X won’t turn on or freezes on apple. What to do?
Many of us are well aware of how to deal with the problems that can arise with the long-familiar iPhone. However, Apple has changed a lot in the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.
In this article, we will try to figure out what to do if your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X do not respond to actions, do not turn on at all, freeze on an apple.
Device does not start after restart
If your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone X still won’t turn on after the forced restart procedure, it may be dead. Yes, you didn’t even notice it.
In this case, connect the device to a wired charger (this is preferable) or put it on a wireless station and leave it for an hour. In a couple of minutes this will appear:
If the charging screen does not appear for an hour, or if a screen for connecting to a power source appears, do not despair. Just check the connector, USB cable and power adapter.
First, make sure 100% that all connectors are securely connected and not damaged or clogged with dirt. Try a different cable or power adapter. If it is dull. to the service.
Please note that in winter the battery can run out very quickly due to low temperatures. over, it may not provide the required power, and the device will simply turn off.
Of course, everything written above is also true for the iPhone 7 and below. There are simply no nuances other than the lack of support for wireless charging in this case.
Smartphone freezes on apple while loading
It happens that the iPhone seems to start, but its loading stops at the Apple logo. an apple. But this mainly happens on test firmware and with other risky manipulations.
First. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.
Second. When the device is connected, perform a forced reboot.
- On iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button. And at the end, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo.
- If you are using an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for ten seconds or longer until the Apple logo.
- If you are using an iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or older models, press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for ten seconds or longer until the Apple logo.
Under no circumstances release the buttons described above when the apple appears. the Apple logo. Keep holding them until the recovery screen starts. Let go and exhale.
Third. Select “Update” when prompted to perform a repair or update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your personal data.
ITunes will first download a fresh copy of iOS for the device. You just have to wait until the procedure is completed or try to perform it again if something goes wrong.
What to do if all else fails
As a result, after all the procedures described above, you should see the familiar lock screen of your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or an older iPhone that you are so used to:
However, on rare occasions, you may not succeed. Yes, this happens sometimes with the iPhone. And there are plenty of reasons for this outcome:
- There is something wrong with the display if it stays dark but you hear alert tones and feel vibration.
- There is something wrong with the display if it stays black, but you hear a beep when you plug your iPhone into a charger.
- There is something wrong with the touch, if the display works, but does not respond to your gentle and not strong pressing.
- What’s wrong with the buttons if you can’t force restart the device or even just press them to do so.
- Something is just wrong if the device is stuck on the screen with an apple and is not recognized by iTunes.
As a result, you need to go to the service. But his choice is a topic for a separate material. Better, of course, in the official one, but it is long and expensive. Unofficial, but dangerous for iPhone.
What to do if iPhone 8 has turned off and won’t turn on?
Then press and hold the power button until the device restarts. IPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Why iPhone 8 restarts on its own?
If your battery becomes unusable, iPhone may start to turn on and off by itself at regular intervals. The work of the power source can be lost due to the following actions: the iPhone was often charged from the iPad charger, frequent recharging of the phone in the car.
Why iPhone 5s restarts on its own?
There can be several reasons leading to iPhone restart: presence of Trojans and viruses, incorrect installation or incompatibility of installed software. But most of the time the iPhone 5S keeps restarting is due to a software crash.
What to do if iPhone 5s is frozen on an apple?
Sometimes a forced restart of the device helps to get rid of an apple on a dark screen. iPhone 7 and newer models can be rebooted by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and volume control for 10 seconds.
What to do if iPhone restarts on apple?
Common way to solve reboot problem on apple is DFU Mode
- First we connect the device to the computer, turn on iTunes.
- Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time, hold for 12 seconds, then release the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button until the iPhone is detected in iTunes.
What to do if iPhone 8 is frozen and unresponsive?
To restart iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, do the following:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
If the reboot procedure does not help, you should update the operating system in Recovery Mode. The method allows you to reinstall iOS without any changes to the data stored on the device. However, this method is only effective if the device is frozen due to a system update. If the problems are related to the jailbreak or the “stuffing” of the gadget, then this method will not help. To carry out the update procedure, the user will need a PC with the latest version of iTunes and a USB cable. Then you need to open the program on the computer and activate the recovery mode.
If “iPhone 6” freezes on an apple, what to do and how to reboot the device? The user will need to press the power button and volume control at the same time. After about 10 seconds, a logo will appear on the screen of the mobile device. ITunes on PC will display a notification that a gadget has been detected in recovery mode.
If “iPhone 7” hangs on an apple, what should the owners of the device do and how to return it to working condition? On all early iPhones, you can press and hold the Home button and the Power key. After the smartphone turns off, you need to hold “Home” and at the same time connect the mobile device using a USB cable to the PC. After a few seconds, the iTunes logo appears on the smartphone screen. This method will help users who are looking for an answer to the question of what to do. “iPhone” stuck on an apple. solving this problem by applying the specified method will reset the settings to the factory settings. Beforehand, you should create backup copies of the necessary data.
“iPhone” stuck on an apple: what to do? This question worries many owners of Apple mobile devices. The causes of the phenomenon can be system failures or software errors. A hardware malfunction of the smartphone is also possible. Next, consider the algorithm of actions in each of the listed cases.
If the owner of the gadget tried to install updates, and the mobile device is frozen, we can conclude that there is a system error. The operating system cannot reboot, so the smartphone reboots cyclically and displays the Apple logo. Sometimes this error occurs as a result of the phone running out of free space or running out of battery power when installing iOS updates.
iPhone stuck on an apple: what to do? Freezing reasons and methods of their elimination
Sometimes iPhone users face various problems related to the functioning of the devices. Devices may stop showing signs of life after crashing or installing updates. “iPhone” stuck on an apple: what to do if its further use is impossible? In the article, we will consider in detail the causes of this phenomenon and possible ways to fix the problem.
How to identify hardware failures?
In the process of updating the operating system, all components of the mobile device are checked. If some programs do not work correctly, after carrying out this procedure, the phone may not turn on at all.
“iPhone” stuck on an apple: what to do? Before deciding on an algorithm of actions, you need to understand the cause of the problem. Hardware problems include:
- faulty charging controller (often appears when a mobile device is dropped);
- breakage of the Power button;
- malfunctions in the power supply of the device (with power surges in the network);
- incorrect battery operation;
- software error;
- problems with the motherboard;
- failure in the phone memory;
- failure of storage chips.
The most difficult cases include power problems and a malfunction of the central processor of the device. In the situations presented, the percentage of successful repair and stable operation of the smartphone is small.
If the “iPhone” hangs on an apple, what if the above methods did not show a positive result? The user can check the installed tweaks for compatibility with a mobile device. He will need to put the device into safe mode. To do this, you need to turn off the gadget and wait a few seconds. Then you should click on the power button and go to the Cydia application, where you should remove the incompatible tweak.
If the user does not want to spend personal time restoring the work of the mobile device, you can use the qualified help of the wizards. Experts will approach the question of what to do professionally. “iPhone” stuck on an apple. they solved this problem many times.
Recovery through the program
If the “iPhone” hangs on the apple, what to do if nothing helps and the device does not turn on. In this case, you can put your smartphone in DFU mode using iTunes. Connect your mobile device to your computer and press the Power and Home buttons at the same time. The user will see the phone screen go blank. So, the device will be displayed in the program. Next, you need to press the Shift key and the “Restore” button in iTunes.
If “iPhone 4” hangs on an apple, what should the owner of the device do? In most cases, it is quite difficult to eliminate such faults on your own. Experts recommend contacting a service center or a private workshop, since any technique requires a professional approach.
Reboot the device
First of all, you need to determine the reason for the device freezing. This problem is often encountered by users who use the jailbreak system. The error can occur when the machine crashes or restarts. If “iPhone 5” hangs on an apple, what to do and how to return it to working condition? Regardless of the model of the mobile device, the operation can be restored by rebooting. To do this, just press and hold the volume and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Often, after performing this manipulation, the device works well and boots.
This is an option for the most extreme case. It implies the complete removal of all user data. If your device has valuable content that hasn’t been backed up, it’s best not to make hasty decisions.
The process runs in low-level recovery mode when the operating system does not boot. The transition to the DFU mode is performed on the device connected to the PC, according to the algorithms described above. The only difference is that you need to hold down the Home button or the volume key until iTunes informs you that the device is in recovery mode. In this state, the iPhone screen is completely black, nothing is displayed on it.
If the user knows for sure that a jailbreak, an installed tweak or other application is the cause of the hang, then this is the only way that can solve the problem.
There are situations when none of the above options helps. This means that the problem is of a hardware nature. It is necessary to contact a service center specializing in the repair of Apple appliances.
Recovery Mode. recovery mode
If the first method did not work and the gadget did not recover, it is worth trying the recovery mode. Usually it is used when it is necessary to reinstall the current OS while preserving the user’s content located on the device. Feel free to use this opportunity to reanimate a frozen device. Even if there is data that is not synchronized with the cloud storage on it, it will be completely safe.
There is one nuance here. The desired result will be only if the failure occurred due to the update of the current version of the operating system. For users of the system, jailbreak, as well as in the case of a technical malfunction, Recovery Mode will not help.
First, run iTunese on your computer, make sure you have the latest software, and enable recovery mode on your device. Honor’s smartphone model also follows here.
- If the iPhone 7 freezes and does not turn on (this also applies to later versions of the gadget), then you must, as in the previous scenario: press and hold the power button and the volume control in the direction of decreasing the sound. As soon as the device turns off, hold down the volume button again and, while holding it, connect the device via a USB cable to the computer. Make sure the iTunes logo lights up on the screen and the cable appears. This signals that the connection was successful.
- If the problem occurred in an early model or the iPhone 6 freezes and does not turn on, then the procedure will be slightly different. We press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons, wait for the shutdown. Press “Home” again, hold and connect the USB cable already connected to the PC. We are waiting for the logo to appear on the screen and a notification about the detection of the device in the working window of the program.
After pairing with the device, the program will ask what task should be performed in the current situation. In addition, the software will give recommendations on the choice. We press the “Update” command and wait for the completion of the process. As a result, the smartphone should return to working condition.
If the “Update” option did not give the desired results, you can repeat the algorithm, but choose to restore the system. But keep in mind that in this case, user data will be deleted, and the gadget will be reset to factory settings.
IPhone problems: the device hangs on the apple and does not turn on
Apple technology is of high quality, everyone knows that. Nevertheless, she gets into trouble. Most often, people who are not ready to put up with the manufacturer’s restrictions and use jailbreak, but sometimes even ordinary users. The most common problem is of the following nature: the iPhone hangs on the apple and does not turn on. Today we’ll talk about what to do and why such a phenomenon occurs.
This is one of the most effective methods for getting out of a frozen state in most cases. We advise you to start resuscitation with him.
Here the algorithm depends on the device model.
- If you have an earlier version of a popular smartphone, up to and including iPhone 6, then to start a forced reboot, you must simultaneously press the power button and Home (home). Hold the buttons for a few seconds until the gadget goes into reboot mode.
- If a newer model of iPhone hangs on an apple and does not turn on, then the procedure is the same, but different keys will be functional. Here you need to hold down the power button and the volume rocker to decrease the sound.
If everything is done correctly and the device responded correctly to the start of the forced reboot, the screen will first completely go out, and then it will show the logo again and the process will start over.
How to deal with the situation
So, the owner is in a panic: the iPhone is frozen, does not turn on, what to do is the first question to which he wants to know the answer. Therefore, for a start, we offer effective ways to bring your smartphone into working condition.
Possible reasons for freezing
Only a service center will be able to accurately diagnose the cause of iPhone failure. But we bring to your attention a list of the most common problems for which things do not move beyond a black screen with a corporate logo.
Malfunctions are of both hardware and software nature:
- Failed to update the operating system. At the moment of updating the firmware version, the script is executed incorrectly and the smartphone stops running iOS.
- This is often encountered by jailbreak users. After installing the next tweak, a device reboot is required, which ends up freezing on the logo.
- If the iPhone has been disassembled, the power button may be broken.
- Malfunctions when charging the device (possible power surges), breakdown of the controller responsible for the process, problems with the battery. The latter is typical for smartphones, which are often subject to falls.
- Screen freeze due to situational software error.
- Problems with the motherboard. Usually, in this case, a complete freeze is preceded by short episodes, when the repeated shutdown of the device saves.
- Memory failure. The storage chip needs to be checked.
These are all common reasons iPhone freezes on an apple and won’t turn on. The article contains the most effective methods of correcting the situation, unless it is of a hardware nature. We are waiting for everyone who still has questions in the comments. Share the article and stay with us.
How to update iPhone via iTunes
- Connect iPhone to PC or Mac.
- Perform a Hard Reset on iPhone (instructions above).
- On a PC or Mac, a recovery window will appear in iTunes, you must click on the “Update” button.
After updating and installing a new version of iOS, the problem should be resolved. If, nevertheless, the update did not work, and the burning apple on the iPhone screen does not disappear, proceed to flashing iOS.
How to fix if iPhone is frozen on apple
So, if we divide all the options that were listed above, they can be divided into two groups:
- Software glitches.
- Mechanical damage.
If your iPhone has become like a “brick” and when you turn it on, only the apple lights up, and then nothing happens, the phone does not turn on, you must do:
- Hard Reset iPhone.
- Update and reinstall iOS using iTunes.
How to Flash iPhone via iTunes
Flashing or restoring iPhone is the last option to fix your phone crash. After flashing, all data will be erased from the iPhone, but for that you will return the phone to work. In such cases, you always remember about the backup made and the ability to restore all data from the backup.
- Connect iPhone to PC or Mac via USB / Lightning.
- Press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons (iPhone 7, iPhone X, iPhone 11 and others instead of the “Home” volume down button).
- You must hold down the buttons until the message “iTunes has detected iPhone in recovery mode” appears on the computer. Click “OK”.
- In the iTunes panel, click the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Then you need to click in order to confirm the buttons “Next” and “Agree”.
After the steps taken to enter iPhone DFU mode, nothing will be displayed on the phone screen, only after downloading the firmware you will notice a progress bar when the recovery process starts.
After restoring iPhone, you need to do the initial setup and restore data from the backup.
What to do when the iPhone is frozen on an apple?
Your iPhone stuck on an apple and won’t turn on? Don’t be discouraged, even the best gadgets can freeze, not work correctly. In our publication, we will tell you what to do when the iPhone does not turn on, the apple is on. Our step-by-step instructions will help you fix a phone failure on your own and you will not need to contact a service center.
How to Update and Restore iPhone on PC or Mac with iTunes
In order to fix an iPhone that stuck on an apple and does not turn on, you will need a Windows or Mac computer (Mac computer or MacBook laptop).
PC owners need to download iTunes from the official Apple website or update to the latest version.
How to Hard Reset on iPhone
Our blog already has detailed instructions on what to do when the iPhone does not turn on, in which case we also advised to do a Hard Reset. This method helped many, comments with gratitude confirm this.
To hard reset your iPhone:
- Press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons (if you have an iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X or iPhone 11, instead of the “Home” button, press the volume down button.
- You must hold the buttons for at least 10 seconds, after which the iPhone should turn on.
Hard reset iPhone
If your iPhone has a slight crash, then this method should help. If, nevertheless, the Yabloko logo continues to burn and the iPhone does not turn on, but goes out and turns off, then. Need to update or reinstall (reflash) iOS using iTunes.
How to Update or Restore iPhone via Finder
Currently, Mac owners with macOS Catalina can update and restore iPhone via Finder.
To restore or update iPhone on Mac with macOS Catalina:
- Connect iPhone and Mac with Lightning to USB cable.
- On iPhone, a “Trust this device” notification will appear, click “OK”.
- Open “Finder” in the “Places” section and the iPhone icon will appear.
- Click in the “Finder” on the iPhone item, all the information will open, where there is an opportunity to backup, update or restore the iPhone.
- Follow all the steps that we described as for iTunes.
If our advice did not help you, then with a probability of 95% your iPhone stuck on an apple due to internal mechanical damage. In such a situation, you need to go to the service center. It is better, of course, that it be an official or certified Apple service.
Why the apple burns and the iPhone does not turn on
The reasons for the failure can be different, the most common are:
- The iPhone battery is discharged and the phone can only turn on until the apple and then turns off.
- IOS operating system in iPhone.
- Incorrect iOS update download.
- Operating system crash due to jailbreak.
- Hardware problems due to mechanical damage.
- Water ingress into the iPhone resulting in a short circuit.
- The Power button (on / off button) stopped working.
We will analyze all these reasons and try to give very clear instructions so that you can fix the iPhone stuck on an apple.
iPhone stuck on an apple
What to do if iPad stuck on an apple (Apple logo) and won’t turn on?
Sometimes iPads freeze at the Apple logo on startup or restart. Most often this happens due to an unsuccessful software update, but sometimes there may be other reasons for this.
We’ll tell you what to do if your iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Air, or iPad mini is stuck on an apple. How to restart iPad if it freezes and other ways.
0: Check if there is a progress bar on the screen
If there is a progress bar under the apple, your device is either installing a system update or repairing itself. In this case, do nothing and wait for the process to complete.
Connect the tablet to a power source and do not touch it until the process is complete.
If this is a software update, your iPad will automatically reboot after installation. You may have iOS auto-update enabled and your tablet decided to download the update now. Do not interrupt its download.
If there is no progress indicator, then the tablet is really frozen. Follow the steps below to fix it.
2: Refresh iPad via Recovery Mode
The next way to solve the problem is by updating through the recovery mode. To do this, you need a Mac or Windows PC with up-to-date iTunes, and a USB cable. The method also depends on the model.
- Recovery Mode on iPadPro withFaceID
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- On your tablet, hold down the Power button and the Volume Up button until the shutdown screen appears. Use the slider to disable iPad Pro.
- Now hold down the power button on your iPad Pro and connect it to your computer using a USB cable. Keep holding the button until recovery mode is activated.
- Select “Refresh” on the computer screen when the recovery mode notification appears.
The update may take 20 minutes or more. If everything works out, the iPad Pro will update the system and reboot.
You can also try resetting your tablet and then restoring your data from a backup.
- Recovery mode on any iPad with Home button
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Hold down the power button and then turn off the tablet.
- Hold the Home button and connect your iPad to your computer.
- Keep holding the button until recovery mode is activated.
- Select “Refresh” on the notification on the computer.
Again, you can try resetting your tablet and then restoring your data from a backup if the update does not help.
1: Force restart iPad
Sometimes force restarting iPad can help. The method depends on the iPad model and year of manufacture. Below we will tell you about all the options.
- Hard reset iPadPro11 ″ and iPadPro9 ″ (2018 and newer)
Press and release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and then hold down the Power button until iPad Pro restarts.
- Hard Restart iPad, iPadAir, iPadmini, and older iPadPro
Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time until the screen turns off and then the Apple logo appears on it.
In some cases, a forced reboot will fix the problem and you will get your tablet in a normal state. If not, go to the next step.
3: Reset and Restore iPad via DFU Mode
If the method above did not help you, you can use the DFU mode for recovery. This will erase all your data from the tablet, but then you can restore it from the copy.
- Recover iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, Old iPad Pro
- Connect iPad to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- Simultaneously hold down the power button and the Home button and hold them for about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button, but continue to hold the Home button for another 5 seconds.
- On the computer screen, select Restore iPad.
- Recovery iPadPro (2018 and newer)
- Connect iPad Pro to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- Press and release the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and then hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Continuing to hold the power button, hold down the Volume Down button for another 5 seconds.
- Release the power button, but continue to hold the Volume Down button for another 10 seconds.
- Select Recovery on the computer screen.
When the tablet is restored, you can set it up as new or restore from a backup.
Fortunately, the problem with hanging on an apple does not occur very often, but now you know how to solve it. Most often, one of the methods above solves the problem.
Why is my iPhone stuck during the boot process ?
Understanding the cause of the problem means that it can be avoided in the future. Here are the most common causes of iPhone freezing on the loading indicator:
Your device may malfunction as a result of the unstable version of iOS you are using. If the iPhone freezes while loading immediately after updating the iOS system, then the reason most likely lies in it.
There might be a technical problem. If your device has been exposed to water or any component of the equipment has been damaged, its performance can be seriously impaired, which leads to various problems, for example, the device freezes during the boot process.
Probably the most common cause is a virus attack. Malware and viruses can affect the settings of your device and provoke this and many other problems.
Problems in boot settings
Errors in iPhone boot settings can also prevent iPhone from working properly and cause this problem.
What to do if iPhone stuck on black screen while loading
Whatever provoked this error, the main task is to eliminate it; otherwise, you would not be reading our article now. Well, you’re in luck. One of the ways, or maybe all of the following, will return your device to working condition.
Restore iPhone in DFU Mode
If the recovery mode option didn’t work, you may need to put your iPhone into DFU mode. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Connect your iPhone to PC and launch iTunes.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Home button (iPhone 6s and earlier) or the Volume Down button (iPhone 7) on iPhone at the same time for about 8 seconds.
- After 8 seconds, release the Power button while continuing to hold the Home button or Volume Down button until the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” appears.
- Release the Home button or the volume down button, after which the screen of your iPhone should turn completely black. If this does not happen, repeat the whole process again.
For iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then press and hold the Side button until the screen goes black.
What to do if iPhone freezes during the boot process
Have you picked up your iPhone, but all you see is the loading screen? If an Apple logo or a spinning boot indicator is displayed on a frozen black iPhone screen, it may be nearly impossible to use the device, much less fix it. No matter how annoying this situation is, it occurs quite often. This news is good news, as it means that there are still ways to fix this error. This article provides some of the most effective solutions for iPhone freezing while loading. But before we start, let’s look at the causes of this problem.
IPhone repair at a service center
If none of the above solutions helped you get rid of the stuck iPhone loading indicator, you should contact an Apple service center. If the device is still under warranty, the repair will cost you free of charge. To avoid long queues, make an appointment by phone in advance to hand over the device for repair.
Fix iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen without Data Loss
If you are looking for the best solution to fix this problem without losing your phone data, we recommend Tenorshare ReiBoot. This utility will help you fix any iOS crashes on your device, including freezing during iPhone startup, freezing at the Apple logo, recovery mode, black screen. endless download mode and other iOS problems. To correct your device using Tenorshare ReiBoot, download and install it on your PC, then follow the instructions.
Open the ReiBoot software and then connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. The program will immediately detect your device. Select the “Fix operating system” option in the Main Menu.
Click on “Start” and download the required firmware package to your device. Click on “Download” to start the process.
Using recovery mode
If restarting doesn’t help, you can try restoring your iPhone in recovery mode. Attention! All device data and settings will be erased. To put iPhone into recovery mode, follow the instructions below.
Launch iTunes on your PC, and then connect one end of the USB cable to your computer.
Press and hold the Volume Up / Down button (Home button for iPhone 6 and later) for a few seconds. Without releasing the button, connect the other end of the cable to your device.
Release the button, then the iTunes icon will appear on the iPhone screen.
iTunes will automatically detect your device in recovery mode. Click “OK” to start the process. Check if the problem is resolved.
What to do if iPhone is frozen on apple
But, if you’ve screwed up a bit, there is still a safe chance to bring your iPhone back to life without going to a service center. Read about it below.
Method 2 Enter iPhone Recovery Mode
IPhone recovery mode involves resuming the device’s firmware. All procedures are done using iTunes.
Here’s how to use recovery mode:
Fix Any iPhone Frozen/Stuck/Loop Screen (How to Force Restart!)
- To get started, you need a PC with iTunes installed and a USB-A to Lightning or USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Connect your iPhone to PC.
- Open iTunes on PC.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time.
- Keep holding the buttons even after the recovery menu appears.
- Release buttons, connect iPhone to iTunes / Finder.
- Hold down the power and volume down button.
- Keep pressed until the recovery screen appears.
- Connect to iTunes / Finder for recovery.
For iPhone 8 and later:
- Press the Volume Up key for a few seconds.
- Repeat with Volume Down.
- Then pinch and hold Power.
- Release when your iPhone connects to iTunes.
- You should see the following message: “The iPhone has a problem that needs updating or repairing.”.
- After that, click “Restore” and wait for the download.
Method 1 Force reboot
- Hold down the Home button and keep it pressed for 10 seconds
- After the screen goes out, press the Power button again until the Apple logo lights up.
- The phone will restart on its own and the logo will disappear, if there was no serious system damage on the device.
For iPhone with TouchID (iPhone 7 to iPhone 8)
- Press on Power and volume button.
- Everything goes out, the Apple logo appears again.
- Then turn on the device again.
For iPhone with FaceID (and iPhone SE (2020)):
- Click on the Volume up button.
- Then press the volume down button.
- After that, hold down Power for 10 seconds.
- iPhone should restart.
Please note that you will need to enter your device PIN to continue using it.
IPhone hardware problems
Let’s start with the unpleasant. If your iPhone was prone to drops, shocks, contact with water or poor-quality repairs, after which, in fact, a problem appeared in the form of a permanent apple on the screen. you need to contact a service center.
The cause of the breakdown may be a faulty / outgoing cable, damage to the iPhone processor or its other components. Apple iLab Service Center Wizard will help you fix such problems.
What to do if iPhone stuck on apple and won’t turn on
Is your iPhone stuck on an apple and you don’t know what to do? We have prepared instructions to help you get out of this unpleasant situation.
A white / black screen and an apple with a constant reboot is probably one of the most frightening pictures for an iPhone owner. Although, if you understand and know how to act in this situation, then you will understand that everything is not as bad as it seems.
Follow our instructions and you will undoubtedly be able to fix the problem with the frozen apple on the screen of your device.
IOS / app or jailbreak issues
Apple has highlighted the need for users to responsibly update their iPhone many times.
- Have enough memory on the device to update;
- Create a backup before updating;
- Charge your iPhone at least 50% or put it on charge;
- Provide a stable Wi-Fi connection;
- When starting the update, you cannot restart or interrupt the download.
Many users ignore these facts, install low-quality beta, carry out the jailbreak process, and then suffer from the fact that the iPhone freezes on the “apple” and does not want to work. I do not recommend doing this.
Method 3 Enter DFU mode
Using this method will delete all information from the iPhone. If you’ve already created backups, you can download them later from iCloud.
DFU or device firmware update allows you to connect to iTunes and bypass automatic updates. This allows you to change the iPhone firmware to any version.
We wrote about this method for iPhone X / XS / 11 earlier. Using this mode, you can restore the firmware of the device.
How to enter DFU mode on iPhone with TouchID (physical button):
- Connect your iPhone to PC with iTunes.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time. You need to hold for ten seconds.
- Then stop holding Power.
- Keep the Home button pressed for another 10 seconds.
- If your screen is blank, your iPhone is in DFU mode.
- Now when you launch iTunes, you should receive the following message: “iPhone has detected iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes “.
- You can restore your phone to factory settings or upload a backup.
To exit this state: you need to hold down Home and the power button.
How to enter DFU mode on iPhone with TouchID (touch button. From iPhone 7/7 Plus):
- Connect your iPhone to PC with iTunes.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. You need to hold it for ten seconds.
- Then stop holding Power.
- Keep the Volume Down button pressed for another 10 seconds.
- If your screen is completely blank, your iPhone is in DFU mode.
To get out of this state: you need to hold down Power and Volume Down.
- Connect your iPhone to PC with iTunes.
- Hold down the Volume UP button for a few seconds. Letting go.
- Then press the volume down button. Letting go.
- Then click on Power until the screen goes out.
- When the screen goes out completely, press the volume down button again.
- We hold until the screen turns off completely and this will mean that your phone is in DFU mode.
The Apple logo should not be in DFU mode! If it appears, then you did something wrong. Repeat your steps one more time.
You can get out of this state if: press Volume Down and Power.
Why iPhone freezes on apple
There are many reasons why your iPhone can turn into a brick with an eternally rebooting apple.
Some of the most common are:
- Incorrect iOS update
- Error in the system application
- Low battery
- Poorly executed jailbreak process
- Processor problems
- Poor repair
- Falls / hits
- Contact with moisture
- Installing beta versions of iOS
- Overheating / overcooling iPhone
Next, we will take a closer look at the main reasons that can lead to the fact that your iPhone constantly restarts and how to fix this problem without harm to your iPhone.!
What to do if iPhone freezes while updating
Despite the seeming glitchiness of the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, even Apple mobile devices can freeze when updating, especially if you follow the development of new versions of iOS and always install the latest tested builds for yourself. In this guide, we will tell you what to do if the iPhone freezes during the update and how to bring the device back to life on our own.
An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch freezing when installing a new version of iOS, or rolling back to one of the available previous builds, can be caused by a number of reasons. At the same time, the saddest thing is that the user, for his part, can influence the installation process to a minimum. he just needs not to disconnect the device and not disconnect it from the computer if the firmware is installed via iTunes.
But after the failure happened to the owner of the mobile device, you can perform a number of actions aimed at saving the gadget in distress. It is recommended to start with the simplest.
What to do if iPhone freezes while updating. force restart
We are considering a situation where the iPhone is frozen and the smartphone does not make any calls to action, such as the requirement to connect to iTunes. In cases where the image on the device screen froze, a banal forced reboot can help.
To do this, you need to simultaneously hold down the Home and Power buttons and hold them until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Depending on the severity of the failure, the frozen picture may change to the same icon for connecting to iTunes and this means that the new version of iOS, unfortunately, could not be installed correctly.
What to do if iPhone freezes while updating. restore smartphone via iTunes
If a forced restart did not help fix the problem, or a notification appeared on the screen about the need to restore the smartphone via iTunes, we have no other choice but to connect the device to the computer for subsequent recovery.
The recovery process is straightforward:
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer and launch iTunes
If the device has not yet entered recovery mode, hold down the Home and Power buttons until the iTunes icon appears on the screen (as in the image below)
Click on the “Update” button, confirm the start of the operation and wait for it to end
Important: If you update, you will try to reinstall iOS without losing data. If you choose to restore, then all content and settings will be erased.
Note: the process can take quite a long time, since initially iTunes will download the required version of iOS from Apple servers.
How to restart your iPhone if it’s frozen on the Apple logo — Apple Support
Once the restore process is complete, the latest available version of iOS will be installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
iPhone won’t turn on due to hardware failure
Symptoms and appearance can be difficult to distinguish between iPhone failure caused by software bugs while updating iOS from the consequences of hardware problems with the phone. The fact is that during the update process, almost all key components of the iPhone are checked. If something does not work, then when the firmware is updated, the phone may either not turn on at all, or freeze on an eternal reboot.
If the iPhone stuck on an apple and turns on only when connected to a charger and turns off immediately after disconnecting, the reason for this is most often a battery malfunction. Also, in such cases, there are often problems with the operation of the power circuit: damage to the battery connector on the board, incorrect operation of the charge microcircuit or breaks in the power supply of the board components.
complex cases include problems with the power or overall performance of the NAND memory chip, due to which the iPhone cannot boot and reboots cyclically. And, probably, the most serious thing that can be. “blade” of the central processor of the device. Unfortunately, the percentage of successful repairs with a guarantee of stable operation in such cases is extremely small.
iPhone won’t turn on due to software glitch
If you tried to update your iPhone, and it freezes on the apple and does not turn on, most likely this is a consequence of a system error. In this case, iOS cannot boot, and the iPhone reboots to the Apple logo cyclically. Most often this happens due to an incorrect completion of the update installation. If the phone had little free space, or there was not enough battery power when installing an update, the likelihood of this outcome will be much higher.
What to do if iPhone stuck on apple and won’t turn on
With each new version of the software for the iPhone, the security of the operating system and the stability of its work increase. The process of updating the iPhone operating system is simple. you can install the latest version directly on the phone itself through the built-in update system via Wi-Fi. Despite this, many owners of Apple smartphones are faced with a problem when after an iOS update the device does not boot (iPhone hangs on an apple). Why is this happening, how can the problem be solved and how to avoid it. in this article we will take a closer look at this issue.
iPhone is frozen on an apple. Why is this happening?
If your iPhone stuck on an apple and won’t turn on after an iOS update, this could be due to a software error or system failure, or a hardware malfunction of the phone. In order to talk about possible options for action in a particular case, we will consider them in more detail.
iPhone is frozen on an apple. What to do?
The most correct solution, if your iPhone is frozen on an apple and does not turn on, is to contact the service center in a timely manner. This can be especially relevant and critical in cases where the information in the device’s memory is extremely important. If the problem is of a programmatic nature, the specialists of our service center will be able to solve it quickly and efficiently. If, nevertheless, the problem is more serious, after carrying out technical diagnostics, we will be able to accurately determine its causes and offer a solution.
Are you facing a problem and your iPhone is frozen on an apple? Have questions? Welcome to the comments below. Tell us (preferably as detailed as possible) about the malfunction of your phone, indicate the exact model and firmware version of the device and get a preliminary consultation from the service center employees absolutely free!
Apple on iPhone: what to do if your smartphone freezes or reboots on the boot screen
Sometimes iPhone owners are faced with an unpleasant phenomenon. the Apple logo appears on the screen and the device stops showing signs of life. Typically, this happens after installing updates or crashing applications. iPhone freezes or restarts “on apple“, making it impossible to continue using it. What to do in this case, we will tell you below.
Factory reset (flashing) iPhone in DFU mode
You can get rid of the logo screen by performing a factory reset in DFU mode. In this case, all data on the device will be lost, so make sure you have all the necessary backups before proceeding.
We talked in detail about how to enter the iPhone into DFU mode in this article.
If the problem is jailbreak and you can’t uninstall the tweak or app, a factory reset in DFU mode is most likely the only option.
Refresh iPhone in Recovery Mode
If a hard restart doesn’t work, try updating your iOS in Recovery Mode. This method allows you to reinstall the operating system without changing the data stored on the device. However, it is only effective if the logo screen appeared as a result of a glitch during the iOS update process. If the problem is related to the hardware “stuffing” of the device or jailbreak, this method will not help.
To update iOS in recovery mode, you need a desktop computer with the latest iTunes and a USB cable.
On iPhone 7, you can activate recovery mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and the volume down control until the smartphone turns off. Then, on your smartphone, hold down the volume down button and while continuing to hold it, connect the iPhone using a USB cable to a computer with iTunes installed. After about 10 seconds, the iPhone will display the iTunes logo with the cable, and iTunes will display a notification on the computer that the iPhone has been detected in recovery mode.
On earlier iPhone models, you can activate Recovery Mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the Power button and Home button until the smartphone turns off. Then, on your smartphone, hold down the Home button and while continuing to hold it, connect the iPhone using a USB cable to a computer with iTunes installed. After about 10 seconds, the iPhone will display the iTunes logo with the cable, and iTunes will display a notification on the computer that the iPhone has been detected in recovery mode.
The above steps will allow you to update your device’s firmware. If the logo screen does not disappear, try all over again, but select “Restore”. Please note that in this case, all iPhone settings will be reset to factory settings (all data will be deleted). You can restore them from backups.
What to do if the logo screen does not disappear and the iPhone is still not working
If restarting your device, updating the firmware, and even performing a factory reset didn’t work, the issue might be hardware related. In this case, it is best to contact a service that specializes in repairing Apple products.
Force restart iPhone
Sometimes a forced restart of the device helps to get rid of an apple on a dark screen. iPhone 7 and newer models can be rebooted by simultaneously pressing and holding the power button and volume control for 10 seconds.
To reboot older models, press and hold the Power and Home button for 10 seconds.
We talked about the reboot in more detail in this article.
Why iPhone freezes and restarts on apple
If the iPhone screen suddenly goes blank, a logo appears on it, and then nothing happens, then something went wrong with the software. Reasons for the appearance of the logo screen: