How to update iOS with jailbreak
On a jailbroken device, when updating, the window for checking for a new version of the system freezes, and there is no way to solve this problem. To install the new version of iOS on a jailbroken iPhone, you must either rollback the jailbreak or use the DFU mode. If you try to install an update without rolling back the jailbreak, there is a possibility that the installation will be blocked and the phone will stop functioning.
How to install a new software version without backup
To update your iPhone without a forced backup, we recommend using the PC-assisted installation. To do this, make sure iTunes is closed before connecting the device. Then, depending on the operating system used, open a terminal or command line, enter the following command:
- for Windows:% CommonProgramFiles% \ Apple \ Apple Application Support \ defaults.exe “write com.Apple.iTunes AutomaticDeviceBackupsDisabled.bool true
- for macOS: defaults write com.Apple.iTunes AutomaticDeviceBackupsDisabled.bool true
How to Fix Unable to Activate An Update is Required to Activate your iPhone? iOS 13.5.1/14
As a result, updating the iPhone via iTunes will be available without backup.
How to recover after unsuccessful completion of the procedure
If the iTunes logo and charging cable are displayed on the screen after the update, then an error occurred during installation. It is possible to fix it by restoring the system. for this you need to connect the device to the PC and select “Restore” in iTunes.
To create a backup of your phone via iCloud, you need to go to the phone settings, select the “iCloud” menu item and click on “Create backup”. Backing up takes a long time and requires a lot of data transfer. Because of this, before starting the process, it is recommended to connect the device to the WI-FI network, make sure there is free space in the cloud and ensure that the battery is sufficiently charged.
Discharges quickly or glitches
After updating the system, you may experience errors in the iPhone for a while. Fast battery discharge, missing contacts or set alarms, delayed response to actions, and others. Most problems are fixed within a couple of days or with a new update. But, with prolonged instability of the device, it is recommended to roll back to the previous version of the system.
Why not update
It is necessary to keep track of system updates. new versions eliminate errors in operation, optimize power consumption and speed up applications. New programs appear on the device. It is recommended to run the update every 2 weeks, if available.
What to do if there is not enough memory
If the device does not have enough memory to install updates, it is recommended to transfer some of your personal files to iCloud or another cloud storage.
Useful tips for setting up your iPhone for the first time
- Disabling geolocation services will extend the operation of the iOS device from 1 battery charge.
- Do not disable all geolocation services at once in the iOS Privacy settings. Geolocation services. Disable system services: iAd geolocation, diagnostics and use, popular nearby, Wi-Fi networks, traffic jams, compass calibration. If you need any service, you can always turn it on.
- Do not disable location services for the Find iPhone application (Settings. Privacy. Geolocation services. Find iPhone), this will allow you to accurately determine the geolocation of the device if it is stolen or lost.
- If you have an iCloud backup, connect your device to the Internet via Wi-Fi and select “Recover from iCloud Copy”. This will allow you to restore data and device settings without connecting to a computer.
- If you have access to a computer and a backup is saved on it, connect the device to the computer with a USB cable and restore the data from the copy, this will be faster than restoring from iCloud.
- If you have an Apple ID, enter it when setting up the device for the first time, later it will not need to be registered in the device settings.
- You can create separate Apple IDs for the App Store and iCloud to enhance the security of your device and purchases.
- Read the user agreement, maybe it contains provisions with which you cannot agree, then you will have to return the iPhone to the seller.
- If you have an iPhone 5s or any other device with Touch ID, do not be lazy to create a fingerprint to unlock the device and authorize in the App Store.
- In case you cut yourself and Touch ID cannot identify your fingerprint, set a lock password and be sure to remember it, resetting it is not easy enough.
- You can defer the initial setup until later, skip the Wi-Fi connection, select Disable Location Services, set up as a new iPhone, skip the Apple ID sign-in step, accept the Terms of Service, select Set Up Later Touch ID, do not add a lock password. disable sending diagnostic data to Apple. All this can be done later in the iOS settings.
The final touch: determine if you agree to send diagnostic data to Apple or not.
A standard request that will allow creators of iOS devices to receive information about failures and errors in the operation of the software (iOS) and hardware components of their devices.
Until the coveted end of the setup, there is only one step left. tap “Start work”.
Once the desktop appears on the screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you can use its full potential. Once again, we remind you that all the initial settings can be set later in the iOS Settings menu and not “bother” with routine actions immediately after purchase.
iPhone Failed to Activate. Problem Solution
After the release of iOS 11 and the update of the security policy, it is impossible to activate the flashed device. The problem can also occur on iPhones that have been factory reset or repaired outside of an official service center. Then, after starting the device, a message appears. iPhone 5s activation failed. What to do to fix the error,
How to protect yourself from a problem?
You can check the serial number of your device on the Apple website. If during verification it says “This serial number corresponds to the product that was replaced” or if the verification displays information about another device that does not match your model, color or memory size, your iPhone may be prone to an activation error. If you own a refurbished iPhone, it is highly discouraged to erase the content of the device or restore software on it via iTunes.
In cases where programs fail and it is not possible to activate your account, an update will help. The process does not take much time and for a sufficiently stable Internet or computer.
To exclude a system failure that has occurred on the device, you should perform a forced reboot. IPhone restart option will vary by model, as physical keys will be involved.
How to fix “your iPhone could not be activated because it cannot contact the activation server”
The error can be caused by maintenance work on the server or blocking access. To fix it:
- go to the company’s website and check information about the health of the servers and the release of new firmware;
- check access via Wi-Fi router.
GADGETS123 TIPS. Fix iPhone 7 & 7 plus unable to active Shut down FREE FIX SOLUTION
Some routers are configured to block the domain and prevent actions. Also, during the release of new versions, there is a high percentage of server load, and the connection may be interrupted. In this case, you need to wait and try again the next day.
Is it possible to fix a refurbished iPhone with activation error?
There is a solution. It consists in working with a memory chip and making changes to its firmware. Such an operation can only be performed by the hands of an experienced craftsman in a service center with the availability of good specialized equipment. You can perform such repairs in our service center. Information on the cost and approximate time of execution of works is presented in the table below.
|Name of works||3-5 working days|
However, the solution is not universal and is not suitable for every case. Since most of the owners of refurbished iPhones face this problem, it is possible to determine exactly whether we can help you only after inspection and diagnostics at the service center. We will be waiting for you and will be happy to help in solving problems with your iPhone!
Find out what to do if iPhone cannot be activated or if you receive a notification that the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is not supported.
Apple server is temporarily unavailable
When a message appears on the screen of a mobile phone, you should make sure that this is really a problem with the servers. This can be done by visiting the official website, there will always be up-to-date news about the state of the servers. If technical work is in progress, it is worth waiting and trying later.
IPhone 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 6 / 6S / 7 / X activation error: what to do if an update is required after a factory reset
In 2021, iPhones from Apple are gaining even more popularity. When trying to reinstall the firmware from an old version to a new one, an error may occur in the form of a failed activation of the iPhone 4 / 4s / 5 / 5s / 6 / 6s / 7 / X. We have prepared a detailed article telling about all the nuances of work.
What to do if iPhone activation fails and needs update after factory reset
IPhone Activation Failed to Update — Firmware must be re-installed. The update can be done in several ways:
- by connecting the phone to the computer and installing the new firmware through the official website;
- update via iTunes.
SIM card check
Before contacting the provider’s support, it is worth checking if the SIM is inserted correctly. If inserted in the wrong direction, put it in the correct slot, and also check the activity of the card.
Cellular Activation Failure PDP Authentication Error on iPhone. What to Do?
When establishing a connection to the servers via a mobile device, an authentication error may occur, which means the iPhone could not be activated because it was unable to obtain activation information from it. You can check and fix problems:
- Leave a request for a hot line mowing service provider;
- when confirming a fault on the mowing line. wait;
- restore the connection manually through the “Settings” item;
- go to the “Cellular” section, find “Data parameters”;
- open the “Cellular data network” and scroll to the item “APN”;
- we rewrite all the data beforehand. it will be needed for further input;
- delete all data from “APN”, and reboot;
- we try to establish a reconnection by going to the browser;
- if unsuccessful, enter the old data into “APN”, and try again.
If the problem has not been eliminated, then we require the operator to take action.
SIM card problems
The most commonplace reason why the iPhone 4 activation error occurs is the incorrect operation of the installed SIM card. Perhaps it is simply not inserted correctly or is completely out of order and needs to be replaced.
IPhones use microSIM format
Checking your internet connection
Activation occurs via the Internet, so you need to check if the smartphone sees the Network.
As mentioned above, some Wi-Fi networks can block access to servers, so in this case it is worth using a different connection.
You can try another reliable Wi-Fi network
Activation via iTunes
You can try to activate iPhone via iTunes installed on your computer. To activate iPhone, you need to update the program to the latest version.
- Turn on the device and select the country and language.
- Click on the screen on the inscription “Connect to iTunes”.
- Connect your smartphone to a PC using a USB cable (you must first check the adapter’s functionality), and start the program on the computer if it does not start working automatically. The application will automatically contact the Apple servers and activate the device, which will inform you with the appropriate message.
iPhone may refuse to activate after a factory reset has been performed on the device. A similar problem is observed on iPhones with iOS 11 and higher, which have been repaired in an unofficial service. In such workshops, non-original components could be installed on the device.
Another case. the smartphone was bought from hands, while its origin remains a mystery with seven seals. Assembled do not understand from what in a semi-handicraft way, such a device, after resetting the settings for activation by a new user, may not pass it and become completely inoperable.
What does it mean if iPhone activation lock is set
IPhone Activation Lock is a method to protect your device if it is lost or stolen. Such a device cannot be used, since the iPhone is not activated, which means that it is impossible to work with it until a special password is entered.
This mode is enabled if the iPhone owner has enabled the Find My Device option in Find My. From this time on, the phone number will be displayed on the screen of the gadget, which should be used to call the person who found the device.
Note! The “Activation Lock” option also allows you to remotely erase all data from the phone’s memory, so that unauthorized people will not be able to use the owner’s personal data even when unlocking.
Reasons for activation failure on iPhone
Failure to activate the iPhone does not occur out of the blue, it is preceded by some actions of the user himself. Although there are cases of breakdown of the device itself. Below is a description of why iPhone cannot activate.