How to transfer files via Bluetooth from phone to computer
If you wanted to send files (photos, etc.) via Bluetooth from your Android phone to a laptop or computer, it is very easy to do this, provided that the Bluetooth adapter on the computer is correctly installed and enabled.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of sending files via Bluetooth to a Windows 10 computer, but for Windows 7 and 8.1, the procedure will be about the same. See Also: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer.
Sending files via Bluetooth to a laptop or computer
The steps for sending files via Bluetooth are very SIMple: it doesn’t even require Pairing devices, usually everything works without it:
- Make sure the Bluetooth adapter is turned on: in Windows 10, you can click on the action center icon at the bottom right and make sure that the button with the Bluetooth symbol is blue (you may need to click “expand” to see this button). If not, just click on it.
- If it does not turn on after this step, see if your laptop has keys in the top row with a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi icon, if there is, try pressing this key or in combination with Fn to turn on the Bluetooth adapter. If this does not help, the instructions can help: Bluetooth does not work on a laptop, Fn key does not work on a laptop.
- The next step is to enable pending file transfer. This can be done by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and selecting “Accept file”, or (for example, if the icon is NOT displayed), press the WinR keys, type fsquirt in the run window, press Enter, and then select “Accept files”.
- Now grab your Android phone, open any file manager (see Best File Managers for Android), in my example I am using the default File Manager on Samsung Galaxy. Select the files you want (usually this can be done by holding the file for a long time) and click the “Share” button.
- Select “Bluetooth”.
- Wait for a while for available Bluetooth devices to be found. Select among them the device with the name of your computer.
- The file transfer begins, the process is usually displayed on both the phone and the computer.
- Specify the location to save the file on your computer.
Done, the file transfer via Bluetooth is complete and, as mentioned above, usually everything works by default, provided that you have the original drivers installed and you can enable the BT adapter.
Some additional information that you may find useful:
How to print a file from an Android smartphone or tablet
Android smartphones and tablets have become just like computers. They certainly could not be as powerful as laptops or stationary PCs, but they have their trump card. this is portability. Like any computer, these portable devices can be used to send mail, surf the Internet, watch YouTube and other daily activities. Yes, I almost forgot. and for printing the necessary documents.
With the advent of cloud services for printing and the necessary applications for this, the problem with printing from Android mobile devices has disappeared. In this article, we will teach you how to print a file from a tablet or smartphone.
Printing from a tablet or smartphone
And so, now your printer is available through Google Cloud Print, it’s time to print something from your Android device. To do this, you need the Cloud Print Android app:
- Install Cloud Print on your Android device.
- Connect to Google Account, Use the same account when registering printer with Google Cloud Print.
- Click on the printer icon to select the file to print. You can select a file from Google Drive, Dropbox, gallery or any other file manager installed on your tablet or smartphone.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of installed printers on Google Cloud Print. Select your printer.
- The print preview screen appears. Here you can choose document orientation, size, DPI and number of copies.
- Once all the settings are set, click on the paper plane button at the top of the screen: this action will send the file to Google Cloud Print and then print.
Connect your printer to Google Cloud Print
Some printers allow printing via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB connection, but if your device is not capable of any of THESE methods, then you need to register the printer with Google Cloud Print. This is a technology and a service at the same time, which allows you to connect the printer to the Internet network, and as a result will allow you to print on it from anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection. Even more, you can let your friends print to your printer.
Google Cloud Print works with most printers available on the market today, however a Cloud Ready printer is recommended. This type of printers can directly connect to the internet and do NOT require a PC for this. Here is a list of Cloud Ready printers that are compatible and support Google Cloud Print.
If you have a regular printer, you can still connect it to Google Cloud Print only for this you definitely need a computer. For this to work, you will need a Google account and a Google Chrome browser on your computer (If you are using Windows XP, make sure you have Service Pack 3 installed).
And so, connect the printer to Google Cloud Print:
- Launch Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click the “Menu” button in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select “Settings”.
- Then, “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings to the Google Cloud Print section, and click “Add Printer”.
- Log in with your Google Account to enter Google Cloud Print.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen. It will register the printer that is currently connected to your computer. Click “Add Printer” to confirm.
- Your printer is now registered with Google Cloud Print.
Google Chrome Acts as a kind of bridge between the printer and Google Cloud Print service. When you print something from your mobile device via Google Cloud Print, you send the data to Google Cloud Print, then the service returns it to the Google Chrome browser, and the browser already sends it to the printer for printing. Therefore, in order to print via Cloud Print, the computer must always have an Internet connection, you must be authorized in Google Account, and the printer must be turned on.
Print web pages and Gmail messages
It is also possible to print web pages via Cloud Print. Open the browser on your Android device and select: Menu. Share. Cloud Print. From this menu, you can print Web pages to any of your printers registered with Cloud Print.
If your device’s internet browser supports print function, then you can print web pages directly via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB.
The Google Gmail Android app does not have the ability to print messages, but if you log into your Gmail account through a browser, then you will have such an opportunity. Open the message and select the “Print” button, you will be immediately redirected to Google Cloud Print to print this message.
This is how you can print from your Android tablet or smartphone. Maybe you know a few more ways? Tell us in the comments.
On several A4 sheets
Sometimes the image is so large that one A4 sheet is missing (for example, a poster). If you wish, you can also print photo wallpaper in this way, although professional large-sized equipment is usually used for such purposes.
In this case, you should call the image by opening the print window. Then you need to select the equipment, size and type of paper. In the “Layout” tab, check the box next to the word “multipage”. After that, you need to select “Print poster”, set the desired parameters and start the process.
You can also pre-use the service that carries out Not only editing a photo, but also dividing it into equal parts (ProPoster).
How to print a photo on a printer?
Photo printing is not difficult. You just need to have the necessary equipment and suitable paper on hand, and also know the basic rules. Experts advise using color inkjet printers for such purposes. However, if the quality of paper images is NOT a very important point for you, you can print a photo on a regular laser model. Let’s consider the nuances of creating photos of different sizes in more detail.
How to print a 10×15 photo?
First of all, it is worth deciding where the images will come from. Direct connection of the camera to a printer is possible using PictBridge technology. You can also print from a USB flash drive or memory card inserted into your computer.
In addition, you must purchase the correct size and type of photo paper. When choosing the latter, it is worth considering the recommendations of the equipment manufacturer. To print a 10×15 photo on a printer, look for paper with the same numbers on the package.
The process itself is pretty SIMple:
- If you print from a PC, find on it the photo you want to transfer to paper;
- Clicked on the image with the right mouse button, select “Print”;
- In the window that opens, specify the printer model;
- Select the paper size (10×15 or A6) and its type,
- Decide how the image will be positioned on the page, think about whether you need margins;
- Indicate how many copies you want to receive;
- Confirm the specified parameters and wait for the process to complete.
How to print other photos?
The process of printing photos of the second size in most cases also DOES NOT cause difficulties.
Before printing an image at this size, prepare it. As a rule, these are photos for documents. Therefore, you can use the appropriate graphics editor. The printing process is practically the same as described above. The only difference is how the image will be positioned on the paper. Usually several small photographs are placed on one large sheet.
It is worth giving some tips that will help you take beautiful and high-quality photos from electronic versions.
- Choosing between matte and glossy paper, Considering where the photo will be stored. If it will be in an album under a film or in a frame under glass, a matte version is preferable.
- Regardless of the size of the image, inspect it carefully before printing. You may need to adjust the brightness and contrast, add richness to the shades, remove some defects (for example, red eyes). Some modern printers have automatic correction options. If the equipment is not equipped with such an add-on, you can use graphic editors (Paint. NET, Photoshop, etc.).
- Please be aware that the image may not be as bright on paper as it appears on the monitor. If you are going to print several photos at once, first take one test shot to check the degree of compliance.
- Experts say that it is better to save images in tiff format rather than jpeg. This allows you to maximize the quality of photos when printing.
- Paying great attention to resolution. If you want to get high quality images, this parameter should not be less than 300 dpi.
- Do not rush to insert the image into the album or frame immediately after the paper comes out of the printer. Leave the photo in the air for about half an hour for the paint to dry completely.
- If you want to print a photo from the Internet, you should first download it to your PC, and then proceed as described above. You can also use the second method. In this case, you need to copy the image, paste it into a text editor, and then open and send to print.
- To print photos from your phone, you need to install a special mobile application, for example, Dropbox. In this case, you need to create an account on the PC. Then you just need to mark the photos that need to be printed on the phone. They will appear on the computer, from where you can start the process.
- If your printer has a Cloud Print Ready label, you can use any Cloud Service to print. You just need to register on it. If the equipment does not support this function, you will have to use a PC to connect the printer to your Google account. The “virtual printer” service will allow you to print files via the “cloud” from any device.
How to print a photo on a printer, see below.