Paper is jammed inside the printer
If the jammed paper tears and cannot be removed from the paper exit slot or rear tray. Or jammed paper remains inside the printer. Remove the paper by following these steps.
Watching a movie (Windows)
Watching a movie (Mac)
If a paper jam error occurs, you cannot turn off the printer even if you pressed the ON / RESUME button on the printer. Take the desired action to clear the paper jam error, then turn off the printer.
Fold up the paper output tray. Then close the lid.
DO NOT touch the transparencies (A).
If the transparency is dirty or scratched due to contact with hands or paper, the printer could be damaged.
Make sure there is jammed paper under the FINE cartridge holder.
If there is jammed paper under the FINE cartridge holder, Move the FINE cartridge holder to the right or left edge to make it easier to remove the paper.
While moving the FINE cartridge holder, hold and slowly move the FINE cartridge holder to the right or left edge.
Pick up jammed paper with your hands.
If the paper is curled, remove it.
Pull the paper gently so as not to tear it, and then remove the paper.
Make sure all jammed paper is removed.
If the paper is torn, some of it may remain in the printer. Check the following items and Remove any remaining paper.
Are there any torn pieces of paper left under the FINE cartridge holder? ?
Are there small pieces of paper left inside the printer? ?
Is there any torn piece of paper left or right (B) inside the printer ?
Load paper correctly and press the ON / RESUME button on the printer.
The printer will resume printing.
When reloading paper Make sure you are using suitable paper for printing and loaded correctly. If a paper jam message appears on the computer screen when you continue to print after removing the jammed paper, there may be a piece of paper remaining in the printer. In this case, make sure that there are no pieces of paper left in the product.
If the paper cannot be removed, or the paper is torn and some remains inside the printer. Or if the paper jams again after removing it Contact the service center.
How to remove paper from a quoser printer
If the Kyocera machine signals that there is a paper jam, a few standard actions will help to correct the situation.
It should be borne in mind that in the Kyocera device there are comments of a regular cartridge, as in other devices, so you will have to remove the jammed paper the second way.
The front panel of this device does not open and does not give us access to the hardware, therefore, first of all, we expand the all-in-one printer.
The back cover opens with a special latch.
Opening the contents of the device we took, if the paper is jammed, then it will be visible here.
Let’s take a closer look at the contents of the device, if there was paper here, they would try to get it.
So, at the top there is a block, which feeds and turns the paper, the lid opens under it.
If the paper is jammed in this unit or the stove, then open the cover and, directly, from here Removing the paper.
In this machine, all mechanisms, pressure blocks, drum, oven in which toner is baked are located here, under the cover.
Accordingly, if the paper is jammed, then it can only be here.
After all the manipulations done, close the lid and check if the device is working.
If the machine continues to signal that paper is jammed / jammed, we will repeat the procedure.
Watch the video below
For many inexperienced users of office equipment, it is still a problem to quickly remove paper from the printer if it is jammed. The troubleshooting steps will be different if the sheets are jammed halfway, at the entrance or inside the device. But first, we recommend that you find out all the reasons why this happens, so that in the future this does not happen.
In this article, we will tell you what to do first, how to get a letter if there is a paper jam in the printer and cannot be removed. The instruction is applicable for most models of printing equipment brands HP, Kyocera, Canon, Brother, Pantum, Samsung. We will separately analyze the situation when nothing is jammed and there is no paper inside, but the device does not print.
Why does paper jam in the printer?
- The main cause of jams is mainly the paper itself. It does not always come across high quality, and sometimes users may purchase the wrong type of sheets. It should be remembered that each printer model works correctly only with paper of a certain size and thickness.
What to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer
Troubleshooting steps may differ depending on the type of device.
- There is a special stove inside the laser machine, which heats up to 200 degrees to fix the toner on the sheet. If a print was made recently, it is recommended to give a little time so that it cools down and does not become a prerequisite for a burn.
- Most of this type of equipment, in addition to the front cover, has a back and also, but less often, on the bottom. They should also be opened one by one and make sure there are no jammed sheets there.
If all else fails
When we tried all the methods, but nothing worked and the indicators DO NOT turn into the green color of readiness, then a complete disassembly of the device remains a solution. You can try to disassemble it yourself, having previously disconnected the equipment from the network. But putting it back together will be more problematic and not so easy.
Continue printing correctly after clearing the jam
If the sheets are jammed, but you managed to remove them quickly, then you should continue to operate the device correctly. Reinsert the cartridge or printhead, if used. Close all covers that were opened during the troubleshooting process. Plug the power cord into a power outlet, and then press the corresponding button on the printer body.
Indicators should light up green, and the equipment should go into readiness mode. Most likely, printing will start from the page that was jammed and then continue from the next page. If this does not happen, then start the process again.
Some more tips
- DO NOT use paper that is too thin or rough for printing, it should not be damaged, the sheets should be even.
- Only a few pages are placed in the tray or the maximum number of pages that can be placed in it.
- Try to prevent third-party objects from getting inside the equipment.
- DO NOT use sheet sizes that the device cannot handle correctly.
- Align the pages, turn them several times, and then realign again before stacking.
- In the tray itself, lightly fix the entire stack so that at the same time it lay flat, but could easily be pulled in by the printer rollers.
- If you work with a laser printer, let the stove cool down before starting any action, which may cause burns to your hands.
- Do not put your hands and fingers in places where it will be difficult to get them back.
- Remember that the parts inside the equipment are made of ordinary plastic, which is easy to break. After, DO NOT use strong force.
- DO NOT cut sheets with scissors and DO NOT use sharp objects that can damage the equipment.
Read the User Guide “Clearing Paper Jams”
When a paper jam occurs, a jam message is displayed, copying or printing stops.
Leave the power switch in the on position.
To clear paper jams in the multi-purpose tray, gently and slowly Remove any paper jammed in the multi-purpose tray to clear the error condition, open and close the top and front covers.
To clear paper jams from the paper tray Remove or open the tray and gently and slowly remove the partially fed paper. See if the paper is loaded correctly. If not, download it again. Close or push the paper cassette back in securely. The printer warms up and resumes printing.
If paper is jammed inside the FS-1030 / M2030 / FS-1120 / P2035, remove the partially fed paper from the tray. Then open the front cover, Lift up and remove the developer unit and toner cartridge from the machine. Pull the drum unit out of the machine by holding the green levers with both hands. NOTE: The drum is sensitive to light. Never leave the drum unit exposed to light for more than five minutes. If the paper is pinched by the rollers, pull it along the normal feed direction. Return the drum unit to the correct position by aligning the rails on both sides with the slots
in the apparatus. Install the developer unit and toner cartridge into the machine. Close the front cover. Apparatus
warms up and resumes printing.
To clear paper jams under the rear cover, as well as in the FS-1040 / FS-1020all-in-one printer, open the rear cover and remove the jammed paper by pulling it out. CAUTION: The fuser installed inside is very hot. To avoid burns, DO NOT touch it. If paper is jammed inside the fuser, open the fuser cover and remove the paper by pulling it out. To clear the error, close the rear cover, open and close the top (front cover. The machine will warm up and resume printing
To clear paper jams in the ADF, lift the ADF and carefully remove the letter as it travels while copying / scanning
Copyright © 1997-2019. Belkopirsnab company. All rights reserved
Private enterprise “Belkopirsnab-2010” Minsk, st. Plekhanov, 45
Office hours: Mon-Thu 9: 00-18: 00, Fri 9: 00-17: 00 Reference information
UNP 191422187 Registration 01/13/2016 Minsk City Executive Committee, in bargaining. Register from 01.02.2016.
What to do if paper jams in a Canon printer
One day, almost any printer owner can face such a problem as paper jams. This process happens like this, the icon lights up, but for some reason the printer itself stops further. What should be done in such a situation? How to remove jammed paper from a Canon printer and continue printing?
For what reason, the paper can unexpectedly jam in the printer, what to do to avoid this in the future?
The very first and most popular reason when a paper jam in a Canon printer arises from the fact that if you use the printer for a long time and carelessly, and the necessary resources of parts have completely exhausted themselves. In such a case, only the most experienced specialists in the workshop are capable of solving problems. There are a lot of problems of a secondary plan and we ourselves can eliminate them. How to remove jammed paper from a Canon printer if we have bad or wrinkled paper? Just remember that in the future it is not necessary NOT to use such paper: although this paper is cheaper, in the future, in order to repair the printer, which suffered from cheap paper, it can be very expensive.
Unsuitable paper: Too thin or thick, not of the standard required by the specific copier, and therefore, for example, sheets stick together and jams.
In this situation, it will help to knock the edge of the stack of paper on the table or flip through all the sheets to Separate them. If you are printing on the second side of a sheet, then let the printed sheets cool down and also Separate the sheets.
You can also remove the entire stack of paper from the tray and insert it upside down. Also, this problem can be caused by the fact that paper of different types and weights was put in the printer for the same job.
Too much paper was loaded in the tray. put less, or too little paper and the printer cannot capture the letter. put more.
Paper is not inserted straight into the bypass tray, and when it is picked up by the printer, it runs crookedly, skews and eventually jams. Here it will only help to gently insert the paper into the manual feed tray and adjust the clamps on the left and right of the letter exactly to its size.
How to remove paper from a Canon printer?
First, always check when reusing the sheet to see if there are any staples or staples on it. you can simply cut them off at the corner with scissors. Also, put a table next to the copier in the organization so that all employees can remove paper clips and staples from the sheets on it, and not over the printer. this will help to avoid accidental entry of foreign objects into the machine. The paper is too thin or thick. If you are using paper of non-standard weight, then for printing in the printer settings (Properties button) specify the type of paper: thick, thin, film, cardboard, etc.
Paper size. Sometimes paper jam sensors can be triggered, even if In fact, there was no Ego. This may be due simply to sensor problems, as well as to the fact that in the print settings it is, for example, A4 paper size, and you are printing on envelopes. The device will not see that the letter has passed through the sensors and will “decide” that a jam has occurred. To avoid this, before printing in the printer settings (Properties button) specify the paper size.
Opening the tray at the time of printing. Never open the paper feed trays before printing is complete.
If paper is jammed in a Canon printer, what to do?
If, nevertheless, the paper in the printer is jammed and the “Paper jam” or “Paper jam” light comes on, then you need to act very carefully: strong jerks can damage the machine, and the print quality and reliability should never be the same.
What to do if paper is jammed in a Canon printer? So, the first thing to do is to remove the jammed paper from the printer, turn it off and on. If the jam is small, the drum will spin and the paper will come out by itself.
If that doesn’t work, then you need to Read the paper removal guidelines for your printer. The more complex the device, the more detailed it will be described: some modern devices even write what to do and draw diagrams on the displays. When paper is jammed in a Canon printer, the general rules for removing paper are as follows: you need to drag the letter slowly, without jerking and with both hands, holding both sides, otherwise the letter will tear, and it is much more difficult to pull out the jammed pieces of paper. Individual copies can remain traitorous inside and interfere with further work.
We take out the cartridge, if necessary, take it only by the handle, place it on a flat surface, and do not touch the green drum and other parts: this can lead to poor print quality and the appearance of streaks and spots on the prints.
Next, determine where exactly the paper is jammed in the printer. The options could be:
1. Input trays where paper is fed;
2. Area of paper exit from the printer (top and back);
4.The bowels of the printer, where paper falls, but it is not visible even when all trays and doors are open.
Actually, you can pull out the paper by checking each of THESE options: I turn off the printer by a button or from the network, opening the door, see if there is paper there, if there is one, take it with both hands and pull it quietly.
What to do if paper is jammed in the printer?
Any even an expensive and proven printer model can sometimes surprise its user with paper jams. Further printing becomes impossible until we pull out the jammed sheets. In this case, panic is not worth it. you need to understand why this happened and quickly fix the problem. In this article, we’ll walk you through what to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer.
What causes paper jams in the printer?
There are many reasons for incorrect feeding of sheets for printing. They mainly arise due to the following operating errors:
- Using old paper, wrinkled paper, or curled paper.
- Often the wrong, non-standard paper is purchased for the printer. For example, too thick or too thin.
- Sheets are not stacked correctly or crookedly in the feed tray. This leads to misalignment, jamming and malfunctioning of the entire printer.
- Paper or staple staples have been dropped. They like to save money in offices and send “drafts” to print. Only now they forget to check the former documents for the possibility of further use.
- It happens that the sheets themselves stick together from a long stay in the piles. As experts often say. “magnetized”.
- If you open the tray during printing, then in 90% of cases you will have to remove the sheet jammed in the printer.
- Wear of device parts cannot be ruled out. For example, a breakdown of the paper feed roller. On average, its service life is limited to 3-5 years of active use of the printer.
We fix the problem with our own hands
The best way to start clearing paper jams is to unplug the printer. Suddenly you have to crawl inside the device with your hand. it is worth excluding problems with electricity. It will also cool down the feed rollers faster. Otherwise, you can burn yourself in them.
Let’s be honest, this technique only helps in 10% of cases, but it’s worth a try. Just turn off and then turn on the printer. If the jam is small, the drum will spin and push the jammed paper.
Open the top cover and paper tray. This will help locate the jam. You can even shine a flashlight. It happens that the sheet not only remains inside the printer, but also breaks into small pieces. Be sure to remove them.
If you cannot figure out where and how the paper is jammed in the printer, try gently pulling on the edge that sticks out the most. Grasp with both hands and apply even force. It is important NOT to overdo it and not to tear off some of the pages. Torn paper will be much more difficult to reach. We recommend that you pull the letter in the direction of its passage when printing.
It happens that the jammed sheets are not visible at all. the printing was interrupted at the moment when the paper was mostly inside the device. Then it is best to remove the cartridge, which will open up more access for the actions described in the previous paragraph.
The main thing is NOT to use any third-party items. knives, scissors, pencils, etc. You can damage the mechanical parts of the printer.
If you are unable to clear regular paper jams yourself, you can contact a service center. Today there are many organizations that provide home visit services. It is convenient and does NOT require additional time to deliver equipment for repair.
By the way, with expensive and complicated models of printers and all-in-one printer it is best NOT to self-medicate. User intervention is often a prerequisite for serious damage to such devices. If you categorically refuse the services of a specialized service, then watch several videos on the Internet on the topic “What to do if paper is jammed in the printer.” It cannot be ruled out that you will find a detailed overview of how to fix this problem using the example of your printing device model.
Tips & Tricks
Considering several points in working with the printer, you can significantly reduce the risk of problems:
- Do not put too many sheets in the tray. Optimal when it is slightly more than half full.
- Insert the sheets gently into the tray. Be sure to align the stack with the side clamps.
- When sending previously used sheets to print, remove any staples and staples from them, check for jammed corners or dust.
- Insert a stack of sheets, always fan it at the bend. This will keep them from sticking together.
- If I print on non-standard paper weight, be sure to specify this in the printer settings. To do this, select the “Properties” tab, then the “Paper” section. Here you can select the paper type: Cardboard, Recycled, Stickers, Thin, Heavy, etc.
- Adjust the input tray. If it slides out, make sure that the stack of sheets does NOT hang down. Convenient when the printer has a cross guide. Place it as close to the edges of the paper as possible so that it squeezes the sheets, do not let them warp.
- Without opening the paper tray while printing.
Below are videos of removing paper from different printer models.
What to do if paper jams in the printer
A problem such as a paper jam in the printer is one of the most common problems. Sooner or later, every owner of a copier, printer and all-in-one printer has to deal with it. When the printer chews the paper, the Corresponding indicator on its panel lights up, after which the device refuses to continue the printing process. What to do in this situation and how to get a crumpled leaf? At first glance, this situation seems easily solvable, but in reality it is not. The thing is, you need not only to remove the sheet jammed in the printer, but also to find out why the jam occurs.
So, there can be several reasons why the device jams on paper, and one of the most important is the worn out parts of the printer, for example, the paper feed roller. The question arises why there is a reason of this kind? Its source is the long and careless operation of the printer, when the resource of its parts has almost come to an end. Only the service center masters can fix the paper jam problem. Another main reason why paper jams in the printer is related to improper handling of the printer. There can be a lot of errors in this case, but even an ordinary user of such office equipment can eliminate most of them.
- Therefore, if paper is jammed in the printer, the possible cause is poor quality paper. Perhaps you are using old and mint sheets for printing documents. To solve this problem, you just need to stop using drafts and constantly buy a new one. Otherwise, it will be much more difficult to solve a problem like “the printer chews up the paper what to do”!
- Another reason the printer wrinkles the paper may be due to sheets sticking to each other. How to solve this problem? The way out of this situation is as follows: take a stack and knock it on the table or engage in flipping through all the sheets in order to separate them in this way. Also remember that I am printing on the second side, be sure to let it cool down for a while after printing the first side.
To prevent the product from chewing on paper, be sure to insert it gently into the tray or slot, rather than rushing. Do this fairly evenly, then adjust the clamps to the case and left. Be sure to adjust the width of the paper clip.
Thus, in order not to face the problem “in the printer the paper is jammed, what to do”, follow all these simple recommendations.
How to clear jammed paper?
If you are faced with the need to remove the jammed paper from the printer, then proceed with extreme caution. The fact is that too strong a jerk can negatively affect the state of the entire device as a whole. As a result, its reliability and print quality should never be the same.
To solve the problem related to how to pull out a letter if the printer has jammed it, first turn off the device and turn it on again. If the jam is small, the drum of the machine will simply scroll and the letter will come out by itself.
But how do you pull the paper out if the printer has jammed it hard enough? In such a situation, drag the letter on the sly, holding with both hands and without jerking. Please note that the extracted letter may break at the very last moment and some of its treacherous fragments will remain inside the device. In such a situation, open the cover of the printer and inspect all of its insides. The remains of the letter can get into the area of consumables, output rollers, input trays, from where the feed is carried out and in the bowels of the device. In the latter case, even opening all the doors may NOT help you locate and remove the remaining paper. If its fragments fall into the area of consumables of the device, then simply open the door behind which it is located and take it out, holding the handle.
There are situations when a jam occurs in the automatic document feeder, to clear it, open the cover and gently pull out the original. After that, inspect the insides for breakages and if not, close the automatic document feeder.
Thus, if you want to know the answer to the question “the printer chews paper what to do,” read all the recommendations and tips from this article. Self-elimination of the problem will help you save a lot of money on the services of masters, because such a malfunction can be repeated quite often.
What to do if a paper jam occurs in the printer
If the printer stops working, accompanied by a beep or flashing red indicator, an error has occurred. The most common cause of a problem is paper jammed while feeding. What to do if the printer has a paper jam,
Why Paper Jams in the Printer, Possible Causes
The paper jaw is NOT a major problem, but it will NOT work without fixing it. Most often this happens for the following reasons:
- Poor paper quality. Those who are accustomed to using low-quality paper (newspaper) or to print on the blank side of an album sheet already in use will definitely have to face “chewing”. This also applies to crumpled or torn sheets.
- Moisture of sheets. Paper sheets stored in a high humidity environment may stick together, causing the printer to stop operating.
- The sheets are too thin / thick. If the device is configured for printing with the introduction of thick sheets (cardboard), ordinary landscape A4 for Him will not work.
- Dryness of sheets. Overdried electrified sheets will stick together, just like wet ones. As a result, the printer crumples the extra sheet.
- Foreign objects. A NOT removed paper clip or clip can stop the work of office equipment and even send it for repair.
- Sloppy styling. Sheets that are not stacked neatly in the tray will be poorly picked up by the rollers. At best, documents or images will be printed obliquely, at worst. the printer will “jam them.
- “False alarm”. Technique that is configured to work with one type of media, in fact, working with another, can generate a false jam signal.
In addition to the above reasons, problems in operation can be triggered by wear on the rollers, or breakdowns of the second working mechanisms. In this case, the problem can be corrected only by Contacting the service center.
How to fix the problem
If the problem persists, do the following:
- Turn off the printer by pressing the button and unplug it from the mains.
- Gently open the tray and remove the contents from it.
- If the edge of the jammed sheet is visible, take it with both hands and gently pull it down or towards you, being careful NOT to tear the paper apart. In most cases, this will fix the problem.
- In cases where the ground is not visible, you need to open the printer case. For THESE purposes there is a special button.
- After opening the case, you need to grip the visible paper by the free edges and try to gently pull it out.
Important! If the paper is torn and pieces of it remain somewhere inside the machine, do not try to remove them yourself. It is forbidden to use foreign objects, such as a stationery knife or scissors, as they can damage the parts of the org. Techniques.
- After the paper is removed, the case must be closed, neatly put the paper in the tray and return it to its place.
- The printer is connected to the network and continues to be used normally.
How to prevent repetition
So that the process of removing wrinkled sheets does NOT become a daily activity and the printer stops chewing on paper, it is necessary to take into account the following features of operating printers:
- Carefully monitor the quality of the paper you place in the tray.
- DO NOT overload the tray too much or, on the contrary, put 2-3 sheets in it.
- Necessary Make sure that the paper inside the tray lies flat and neat.
Attention should be paid to the settings of the printer via a computer:
- Under “Start” find “Control Panel”.
- In the “Devices and Printers” window, select the device connected to the PC.
- Clicking on the name with the right mouse button, in the pop-up window, select “Print settings”.
- The Paper tab contains the Type pop-up menu.
- To prevent jam problems, select “detected by printer” from the pop-up list.
If the device systematically “chews” working documents, it must be taken to a service center. There, specialists will find the cause of the malfunction and will be able to eliminate it.