Printer prints dirty after refilling the cartridge
Many office equipment users are faced with the fact that the printer starts to print dirty after refilling the cartridge. How to get rid of this defect in the printing device?
Why does the printer print dirty?
This problem can occur for two reasons: because of the cartridge, or because of a malfunction in the printer itself. In most cases, poor print quality is the result of a cartridge malfunction.
If your device worked properly, and after refueling there were problems, it is possible:
- low-quality paint was filled in the service center;
- the squeegee is worn out;
- the drum is damaged;
- dirty optics, charging shaft or processing compartment.
If, after eliminating the above reasons, your printer still prints dirty, then the problem may be hidden in the operation of the device itself. In this case, you need to contact a specialist for diagnostics.
What to do if the reason for the dirty print is in the cartridge
If you find white streaks during printing, it’s time to refill the cartridge.
Sometimes there are cases when after refueling black stripes appear on the paper, in this case the problem is already in the drum itself or in the doctor blade. To eliminate this problem, it is necessary to wipe all parts with a napkin, cleaning them from dust and dirt particles that have accumulated over a long period of operation. If this does not help, then the cleaning blade should be replaced.
ATTENTION! If you are not sure that you can perform this procedure yourself, then you should contact the service center.
It happens that a dirty tone remains on the paper when printing. then the problem lies in the dirty optics or the shaft. The quality of the paint should be checked. if it is of questionable quality or old, then it is necessary to replace it. And if spots are found during printing, part replacement is inevitable.
Also, during printing, stripes may appear on the paper along the edges of the sheet or simply wavy gray-black stripes. In this case, this indicates damage to the drum and only specialists will be able to fix this problem.
Dealing with Printer Problems
If the check of the cartridge did not give results and the printer continues to leave stripes on the paper, then the problem lies in the operation of the office equipment itself.
The cause of the dirty print can be checked with the Stop Test. To do this, you need to start printing and disconnect this device from the network during operation. This should be done at a certain moment so that the paper is just under the drum and does not have time to get into the fusing unit.
If there is no contamination on the sheet of paper, then everything is in order in the operation of the drum unit, and the problem of dirty printing lies precisely in the fusing unit. The casing of the rubber roller may have started to peel off, which is why the knot leaves a dirty tone during printing. To eliminate this defect, you must completely disassemble this part.
Another reason may be the poor condition of the thermal film or Teflon roll. On their surface, various kinds of defects may appear or a burnt-out coloring matter may accumulate, which leads to this problem. Also, these parts of the printer may not heat up enough during startup, which also leads to dirty printing.
The problem with the printer may be hidden in the pressure of the sensor, which is responsible for temperature control, or in its external state. If you find a certain amount of carbon deposits on the surface of your equipment, you must thoroughly clean it.
Incorrectly set paper settings can be one of the causes of dirty printing. If the work is designed for thin paper, and you put thick paper, then later the normal operation of the printer will be disrupted.
Also, problems with the electronics are not excluded, but in this case, to correct the situation, it is better to contact the specialists for the repair of this equipment.
Instructions for refilling printer cartridges
The essence of the problem in the overwhelming majority of cases boils down to the fact that manufacturers install so-called demo cartridges into new peripheral devices. They differ in a small resource and quickly cease to fulfill their functions. In such situations, some users purchase new cartridges, which often cost more than the device itself. It is worth noting that, according to the available information, HP has a large profit precisely from the production and sale of the described elements of printers and MFPs. It is important to consider that this is due to the low cost.
With all this in mind, it is worth considering how to properly refill the inkjet and laser printer cartridge yourself. It is immediately necessary to focus on the fact that this process has a number of features and is more complicated than it might seem at first glance. At the initial stage, you should decide on the model of both the gadget itself and the accessories for it. It will be useful to study materials on the features of the equipment.
After you have purchased ink or toner (depending on the type of printer), you need to equip a place to perform all the necessary manipulations. It is important to remember about safety precautions, taking into account the chemical properties of the filling materials.
Inkjet devices were replaced by more modern laser printers, and now color models are becoming more affordable for many users. However, when buying cartridges for them, you will also have to fork out (up to 50% of the cost of the entire device). In such situations, again, it makes sense to learn how to refuel them yourself. This will significantly reduce operating costs with minimal time costs.
It should be noted that most of the cartridges for laser printers and MFPs are equipped with chips that control the volume of consumables. By the way, most often, even after refilling, you can find yourself in a situation where the device says that there is no toner, or shows it as empty. To eliminate such messages, if they interfere with the user, you will need to reset the settings or replace the chip itself.
When replacing toner yourself, you must follow a number of basic rules, which include the following important points:
- it is strongly recommended to avoid contact with the working surfaces of the cartridge, the list of which includes the magnetic and rubber shafts, imaging drum, squeegee, etc.
- the cartridge must be held exclusively by its body.
- filling toner in small portions and with utmost care.
To refuel a laser peripheral you will need:
- directly the powder itself (toner);
- newspapers or paper towels;
- a new chip if you need to replace it;
- rubber gloves.
It should be remembered that the described process has certain peculiarities. Based on this, it is worth focusing on the most relevant points.
- The result of all manipulations will directly depend on the correct choice of powder, since toners of different brands can differ significantly from each other in their chemical and physical properties.
- It is important at the preparatory stage to determine the workplace and prepare it appropriately. It is recommended to close the table and the floor next to it, otherwise the spilled powder will be more difficult to clean.
- The next step is to locate the toner reservoir. In some cases, you will need to remove the plug from the special hole or do it yourself. As a rule, the necessary tools for this are included in the refueling kits along with the instructions containing the corresponding instructions. After completing all the actions, the burned hole is sealed with foil.
- Some refueling containers are equipped with a so-called nose lid. This “nose” is inserted into the said opening of the reservoir and greatly simplifies the whole process. In this case, the container itself should be carefully squeezed so that the powder begins to gradually spill out. The functions of the “spout” can be performed by an ordinary funnel.
- As a rule, one refueling consumes all the contents of the container, and therefore it will not be possible to overdo it.
- After filling the tank, it is necessary to close the hole made with foil, the rules for using which are described in some detail in the attached instructions. If the plug was removed, then it is placed in place.
- At the final stage, the filled cartridge must be shaken to evenly distribute the powder throughout the tank. After that, all that remains is to place it in the printer.
If the device does not “accept” the updated cartridge due to the above-mentioned chip, the latter will have to be replaced.
By the way, in the overwhelming majority of cases it is included in refueling kits. In principle, the entire process described is fairly straightforward. However, special attention should be paid to safety when handling toner.
Naturally, when restoring the functionality of the cartridges, you may encounter certain difficulties. By the way, this is true for both inkjet and laser peripherals. Minor issues are spilled ink or spilled toner in the workplace. But in situations like this, the main reason for getting dirty is lack of accuracy. Often, after adding new toner, the printer or MFP smears the sheets when printing or simply does not print well.
- The device “does not see” the updated cartridge and prints out white sheets during the printing process. This is true for chip models, in which a special electronic device protects it from self-refueling. Troubleshooting (unlocking) methods are specific to the model.
- The laser printer prints very faintly. As already noted, many new representatives of the lineup of leading manufacturers are equipped with demo cartridges. When refueling them, certain problems may arise, primarily associated with internal problems. In addition, wear on the drum unit or poor grounding may cause the printer to print dimly. Naturally, do not forget about the quality of the filling material itself.
- A cartridge filled with new toner produces completely black pages. In such situations, we will talk about the exposure of the drum surface, which is characterized by increased sensitivity to sunlight.
- An extraneous background appears. As a rule, this effect is due to the incorrect position of the metering blade in relation to the development roller.
- Light stripes along the page. One of the most common causes is powder sticking to the metering blade.
- Repetitive defects in the form of spots, dots and stripes appear on sheets. Most often this occurs due to the hit on the drum, charge roller, or the development roller of various particles.
After refueling inkjet printers, ink often leaks out of cartridges. In this case, two reasons are possible, namely:
- violation of the tightness of the seams of the cartridge case;
- loosely closed opening through which the filling material was poured.
When print quality deteriorates after refilling ink or toner, cleaning the cartridge often helps.
In some cases, a similar procedure needs to be run several times in a row.
But in any case, self-service and restoration of the operability of a peripheral device is an effective way.
Today, these types of devices remain the most common. This is largely due to the ability to print color pictures at minimal cost.
However, Honor is worth that, with the minimum cost of the printer, you will quickly have to face the need to buy new and expensive cartridges.
That is why the topic of refueling these elements with your own hands is relevant. To do this, you will need a certain list of necessary materials and tools.
- Ink of the corresponding brand sold in different bottle sizes.
- Syringes. Experienced users recommend that you select them commensurate with the volume of the cartridge itself.
- Scotch tape, with the help of which, after completion of the refueling, it will be necessary to seal the holes in the case. By the way, many cartridges have stickers that do a good job of this. However, after several refueling, they become unusable.
- Oilcloth or newspapers with which you need to cover the workplace. It is also worth taking care of protection from contamination of clothing and exposed parts of the body. The fact is that when carrying out the described operations, it is difficult to avoid ink spills.
- Cotton wool or a clean cloth, with which you can quickly remove excess filling material if necessary.
- Drill or screwdriver and thin drill, relevant in situations where there are no special holes in the cartridge for ink injection.
The aLGorithm of action provides for sequential steps.
- Prepare the workplace, tools and supplies.
- Collect the required amount of ink into the syringe, taking into account the information on the cartridge sticker.
- Remove protective sticker if present.
- Make holes with a thin drill if initially missing.
- Insert the syringe needle into the cartridge compartment to a depth of about 1 cm and fill the reservoir. It is recommended to make several holes through which the liquid will be injected alternately for its even distribution. This rule is more relevant for the black cartridge.
- Remove all excess filling material.
- Seal the holes with the original sticker or tape.
- Insert the refilled cartridge into the printer and start the cleaning cycle. In some situations, you need to reset the settings.
It is important to remember that refueling must be done in a timely manner. Otherwise, during a long idle period, the empty cartridge may become unusable, and it will have to be replaced with a new one.
In addition, during all manipulations, it is required not to allow contact of the nozzles with foreign objects.
Operation after refueling
As already noted, the purchase of new cartridges each time will cause significant and unjustified costs. It would be more rational to update the ink supply or toner (depending on the model of the printer or multifunctional device). However, quite often, after self-priming, it is not enough just to install an updated cartridge and restart the equipment. often you need to configure the device or take other actions.
If the printer, MFP give out blank or completely black sheets, as well as error messages appear, then there can be a number of reasons. This means not only clogging of the printheads of both the cartridge itself and the device as a whole due to prolonged downtime of the equipment. In some cases, users have to deal with the failure of electronic systems, as well as software failures. Most often, after refueling, the printer simply does not perceive the cartridge as functional. In such cases, adjusting the settings, disabling ink or toner level monitoring can help. Sometimes it may even be relevant to reinstall the corresponding software (drivers).
Experienced users recommend checking the conductive capacity of the nozzles after refueling and before further operation. To do this, it will be enough to apply a napkin to the working surface of the cartridge. If there are clear ink traces on it (black or tricolor), then everything is in order with this element.
Naturally, there are certain nuances of using laser models after filling toner. Most often, we are talking about replacing the chip responsible for controlling the level of consumables. Another important point is related to the operation of printers and MFPs manufactured by Brother. Please note that when the cartridge is installed in the device, the gears are connected. At this point, a special counter is reset. Sometimes this does not happen, and the electronics perceives the filled toner cartridge as empty.
It is important to remember that the procedure for resetting the counters may differ for different models.
In addition to all of the above, during the operation of self-serviced cartridges, it is worth paying attention to the operability of the printer itself or the multifunctional device. Also, when messages appear that there is no ink, it will not be superfluous to check the print settings and, if necessary, reset them or make the appropriate adjustments.
The need to replace cartridges in the printer will be indicated by obvious flaws in the printing process, which will be noticeable almost immediately. In this case, we are talking about a sharp deterioration in the quality of the printed material. In such situations, there are several options for solving the problem, namely:
- purchase new cartridges;
- contact specialists;
- refuel yourself.
This is true for both inkjet printers, refilled with ink and laser printers with powder toner.
It is important to take into account that a fairly wide range of consumables for the described equipment is now presented on the market.
It is often difficult to understand such a variety. So, refueling provides:
- knowledge of the printer model;
- the correct choice of ink or toner;
- knowledge of the equipment design and the aLGorithm of actions.
The type of filling material will directly depend on the category of the printer or multifunction device. It should be noted that inks for inkjet devices are divided into two types: made on the basis of dyes or on a pigment basis. At the same time, certain and rather stringent requirements are imposed on the two indicated varieties, namely:
- maximum resistance to moisture;
- no fading;
- maximum picture clarity;
- drying rate.
Any HP Laserjet Printer Toner Lining Issues Solve 100% Free
It is worth emphasizing that there are practically no solid particles in dye-based inks, since their function is performed by water. In the situation with the pigment type, this role is assigned to small particles of fairly solid substances.
When refilling cartridges for laser devices, a special magnetic powder called toner is used. It is made from different polymeric materials. The list of parameters by which this consumable is classified includes:
- print color (toner can be either black or full color);
- production technology;
- type of polymer used as raw material.
However, in practice, the most significant point is the division of the dielectric filling material into magnetic (DM) and non-magnetic (DN).
This refers to the presence and absence of iron oxide in the toner.
How to refill a printer cartridge?
These days, most PC and laptop owners have a peripheral such as a printer. It is important to consider that most often such devices are purchased in order to save money. Taking into account all the nuances. and, in particular, the cost of consumables. the answer to the question of how to refill a printer cartridge at home with minimal costs is relevant.
Reasons for a dirty printout
If the printer prints dirty after refilling the cartridge, and before that it functioned normally, there is only one conclusion: the cartridge is to blame.
There may be several reasons for this:
- In the service center, we filled in poor-quality paint or it is not suitable for this model.
- Squeegee wear.
- Drum damage.
The charging roller or optics may be dirty. After cleaning them, the machine starts working normally. Sometimes it is necessary to clean the recycling compartment. As it collects toner residues, fine hairs, and paper dust.
Dirty work of a laser printer
Why does a laser printer print dirty or streaked on the paper? Sometimes white streaks appear. This is because the cartridge is empty. It is enough to fill it up and the problem will disappear. But if the gas station is fresh and the streaks are black or black and white, there is likely a problem with the laser. Dust, insects or paint particles sometimes get on the optics.
To prevent this, you should carefully handle the technique. Monitor its condition, periodically clean the scanner mirrors. This is done with a special napkin for office equipment. The smooth and lint-free fabric will perfectly clean all the parts you need.
The presence of black stripes on the sheet indicates a periodic loss of contact on the photosensitive drum. The contacts are sometimes subject to dirt adhering to them. The only solution to this problem is to bulkhead and clean the consumables. It is better to entrust such work to a service specialist.
Streaks may appear around the edges of the pages when printed with a laser printer. This indicates damage to the drum unit. After all, it is a key element in laser cartridges. The light-sensitive coating will wear off slowly when the machine is in use. This leads to a deterioration in the printout. If gray-black wavy stripes appear, this is a clear sign that the drum unit is defective.
You will have to completely replace this part. The result of such a defect can be the erasure of the conductive grease on the photovale (its contacts). This happens due to prolonged downtime of equipment without printing. To remedy the situation, the cartridge must be disassembled and the grease on the contacts must be replaced.
The main reasons why the printer prints dirty
There is no such thing as a printer that does its job perfectly over its entire lifetime. In addition to paper jams, ignoring colors or noise, the machine may start to remove dirt on the pages. Users often do not understand why the printer prints dirty. They try to rectify the situation on their own. As a result, only aggravating the situation.
To understand what to do if the printer prints dirty, you need to know a few rules for refilling the cartridge and using the equipment. The first step is to carefully read the manual for the car. There is a list of problems and how to fix them.
HP model problems
Why is my HP laser printer dirty? In addition to the problems listed above, HP may experience, for example, a duplicate image on the page. And the printer starts to smear black. The fact is that the charging shaft is not able to recover the charge. Therefore, it is necessary to completely replace the shaft, and restore the contacts.
If there are doubts about the quality of the toner, it is recommended to thoroughly clean the cartridge of old ink and fill it with a carefully selected one. New, better quality and more expensive.
Why do streaks appear when printing on a laser printer
Stripes when printing on a laser device is a common problem. The main reasons for the appearance of such defects:
- low ink levels;
- broken integrity of the cartridge case;
- technical malfunction of the drum unit;
- damage to the magnetic roller or small objects falling on it;
- overflow of the hopper for excess toner;
- poor installation of the metering blade;
- poor contact of the magnetic roller with the drum.
There are many more reasons for low-quality printing on a laser printer. But they are much less common and it is very problematic to fix them on your own.
An inkjet printer prints in stripes: reasons
There are many reasons for streaking when printing. First, let’s look at the most likely reasons for the appearance of such defects during the operation of an inkjet printer:
- low ink levels;
- drying of ink;
- violation of the integrity of the cartridge;
- technical breakdown of the print head;
- contamination of encoder elements.
IMPORTANT! There are also more complex malfunctions. But it is impossible to identify and correct them without special knowledge and tools. To eliminate such malfunctions, you will have to take the device to a service.
What to do if an inkjet printer prints in stripes
Let’s take a closer look at the causes, ways to diagnose and eliminate them.
If the printer is equipped with a continuous ink supply system (CISS), then you can check their level simply by looking at the refill containers. There is another way. In almost every modern device, there is a sensor that allows you to determine the approximate fill level of the container. You can check this indicator in the software that the manufacturer provides with the printer. And to solve this problem, you just need to refuel the containers or replace the cartridge.
If everything is in order with the ink level, then you should check the technical condition of the cartridge. To check the integrity of the cartridge case, you need to remove it from the printer, carefully inspect and shake it a little. This should be done over the pre-spread paper so as not to stain the surrounding objects. If defects are found in the case, the element must be replaced.
Then you should check the integrity of the CISS loop. Perhaps a crack has formed somewhere or it was pinched during installation. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to fully check the cable without disassembling the printer, and replacing it is also a very difficult task that is better to entrust to specialists.
After checking the integrity of the CISS loop, check the condition of the filters for the air holes. During a long break in operation or after prolonged operation, the filters become clogged and cease to pass air normally. When they become unusable, they should simply be replaced with new ones.
Also a common cause is contamination of the encoder tape. This is a translucent plastic film that runs along the movable carriage. For cleaning, use a soft cloth soaked in detergent. After cleaning, you must wait 30 minutes to allow the encoder strip to dry.
Perhaps the most unpleasant breakdown will be the contamination of the print head. But manufacturers have provided an easy way to clean. In the printer software, there is a Maintenance tab where you can run the nozzle cleaning. True, not every inkjet printer has such a function.
If the software cleaning did not help or it is completely absent, then you should manually clean the nozzles with a special cleaning agent.
IMPORTANT! Do not use water or other cleaning agents. Due to the unsuitable density of the liquid, it will leak or clog the nozzles even more. Use only specialized fluids.
If, after carrying out all possible manipulations, the device continues to issue sheets with stripes, then it should be taken to a service center.
After refilling the cartridge, the printer prints in stripes
During the operation of the printer, certain malfunctions may occur due to various reasons. Sometimes the printer starts to print in stripes. Why is this happening and what to do to restore the normal functioning of the device?
How to eliminate streaking when printing on a laser printer
To diagnose the cause of poor printing, it is worth analyzing the specifics of the resulting stripes. this will allow you to accurately determine the cause of the malfunction.
A strip in the middle of the sheet indicates a low toner level. it means it’s time to replenish it or replace the cartridge. If the toner level is at an acceptable level, then the defect is in the supply system. In this case, you need to contact the service center.
The streaks that look like small dots appear for two reasons. Waste toner container full or improperly attached toner dispensing blade. In 9 out of 10 cases, the reason will be in the container, so you should check it first. If the container is not full, then the blade should be checked and, if necessary, correct it.
There are two reasons for frequent, poorly printed streaks. either toner is running low or debris is stuck to the magnetic roller. To solve the problem, the toner supply must be replenished and the magnetic roller must be cleaned.
Dark streaks around the edges indicate drum failure. This is also often associated with normal wear and tear. And unfortunately the part will also have to be replaced.
If there are black curly streaks all over the sheet, it is most likely that low quality refill toner was used. If you have recently refilled a cartridge, you will need to clean it and refill it with good toner. But sometimes simple contamination of the optical system or magnetic shaft is possible. Then they just need to be carefully cleaned.
Most printing problems can be corrected by yourself. But do not get carried away with this process. The parts of the printer are very sensitive to damage and careless actions can completely damage the device.
Why does the printer print dirty??
There are several reasons the printer is printing dirty, especially after refilling the cartridge. We will describe in detail what you can do yourself, and when you need to contact the service center.
Before proceeding to the study and solution of each specific problem, it is necessary to consider all the reasons in the aggregate and subdivide them into groups. This will help you understand why the printer is printing dirty. The following variants of problems are distinguished:
Specialists of St. Petersburg Cartridge Refueling LLC will make high-quality refueling of cartridges and, in a short period, will restore the performance of your equipment. Thanks to their impressive work experience in this area, they understand all the intricacies associated with the repair and restoration activities of printing devices, and are ready to provide a guarantee for all work performed.
Dirty laser printer prints
As a rule, such situations arise due to a malfunction of the cartridge. Below we will introduce you to the potential causes of problems that a laser-type printing device is susceptible to:
How to clean black HP803 ink cartridges blocked and clogged | not used for months.
- Cleaning blade problems. We are talking about wear or failure of a part that is involved in the process of cutting waste. If the squeegee does not work properly, such residues can remain on the paper and stain it;
- Excessive filling of the cartridge sump. Toner that has been cut off and does not remain on the sheet is automatically sent to the waste bin. However, if the sump is overfilled and there is no room for new residues, the result is a dirty print from the laser. The best way out of this situation is to clean the bunker;
- The toner was refilled with improper toner. If the laser printer prints dirty immediately after refueling, then you need to pay attention to the quality of the consumable used. Initially, you should make sure that the toner is fully compatible with the given cartridge model. Since the user cannot verify this fact at home, the possibility of using toner from another manufacturer is allowed;
- Fotoval is out of order. The wear of the specified part is accompanied by the appearance of the same type of black symbols on the paper. Initially, such lines and shapes are evenly displayed on the side of the page, then appear in its central part. In this case, it is considered necessary to install a new drum unit;
- Dispensing blade clogged. In this situation, long black lines appear along the entire length of the sheet. The situation can be corrected by replacing the part or cleaning it;
- Problems with the magnetic shaft. Such a breakdown is characterized by the application of the old image to new pages. Before attempting to install a new part, check for any contact between it and the drum unit. If it is absent, there may also be problems with the operation of the printing device.
In addition to malfunctions with the cartridge, there are several more details and reasons that can degrade the quality of the generated image. It will also help answer the question: “If the printer prints dirty. what to do?”.
- At the initial stage, assess the internal state of the printing apparatus. Make sure that there are no foreign objects inside the device. These include small parts of printer parts or paper debris. If such particles are found, they should be removed immediately. Do not forget to disconnect the device from the mains;
- Evaluate the performance of the pinning unit. The function of the specified part is to secure the applied image. If the process of “burning” the image is performed poorly, then the remaining toner can stain the sheet. In order to make sure that there is no problem, it is necessary to insert a blank sheet of paper into the loading compartment and turn off the device when it enters the “cauterization” unit. If, after opening the lid, you did not find any flaws on the paper, this indicates that they are associated with this part;
- Thermal film or Teflon roller problems. It can also cause poor quality images. To assess the condition of these parts, disconnect the device from the mains. The serviceability of these units is evidenced by the absence of any mechanical defects on their surface;
- Heating stove malfunction. To assess the performance of this part, you should diagnose the heating sensor;
- Worn rubber shaft. To check the level of wear and the integrity of this element, you must completely disassemble it.
Our company employs highly skilled craftsmen who will make a thorough diagnosis of your equipment; will accurately state the reason why the laser printer prints dirty, and give advice and fix the problem.
Inkjet printer prints dirty
Below we will tell you why the inkjet printer prints dirty, and we will help you figure out how to fix it.
- Ink specks appear immediately after printing. The severity of the problem is that ink will flow onto each subsequent sheet. To remedy the situation, it is recommended to use a regular napkin, with which you can easily remove the ink drop from the surface of the print head or cartridge;
- Feed rollers are dirty. This process is accompanied by the appearance of uniform black lines in the area of contact of the paper with the specified part. If vertical streaks are found on the entire surface of the page, it is necessary to check the condition of the paper pick-up and feed device;
- Clogged SG sump with old ink. If the user does not take timely measures, this process is fraught with a complete malfunction of the print head or clogged nozzles. The problem can be solved by installing a new part or cleaning it;
- The presence of bends on paper sheets. Such a problem can lead not only to a deterioration in print quality, but also to a serious malfunction in the operation of the printing apparatus itself. Eliminate the malfunction installing perfectly flat sheets of a suitable format;
- The type of paper does not match the manufacturer’s requirements and settings. Observe the information provided by the printer manufacturer and found on the sheet packaging;
- Check valve malfunction. This spare part is located at the back of the case. To restore its performance, it is recommended to perform the following steps: remove the consumable, put a sheet of paper on the table, lightly tap on the valves. If, after carrying out the above measures, it was not possible to restore the cartridge, the only solution to the problem is to install a new part;
- The cartridge is depressurized. This can provoke a serious failure in the functioning of the entire printing system and the creation of a poor-quality image. In this situation, only replacing the consumable will help fix the problem.
What can you do yourself?
If the user does not have sufficient experience in the field of office equipment restoration, it is not recommended to perform complex manipulations on his own. However, solving the question of why a laser printer or an inkjet model of a device prints dirty can be extremely simple. At the initial stage, try to clearly follow the following aLGorithm of actions:
- Pay attention to the type of paper used.
- Find 10 sheets of paper that were previously used for printing.
- Run the “Word” program on the PC.
- Print 10-20 sheets.
In modern models of office equipment, special indicators are provided, and displays are integrated into the case. This makes it possible to see a fault message on the screen or to pay attention to abnormal blinking of the indicator lights. Changing the color of the lights to red or orange can also indicate a problem. In order to understand the nature of the notification, it is necessary to study the user manual.
Stages of cleaning the printer for dirty printing after refueling
If your printer prints dirty after refueling, a complete cleaning of the device will help resolve the issue, the technology of which we will talk about further.
- Remove foreign objects. There may be ink residues, small pieces of plastic, paper debris and dust accumulations inside the machine. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove them.
- Cleaning the PG, ink supply device and the cartridge itself. Such manipulations should be performed regularly. after printing a large number of documents.
- Cleaning the sheet feeder. In laser-type devices, this procedure is performed manually. When working with inkjet models, you can use the software method.
- Sump cleaning. It is advisable to process the waste bunker after each filling of the cartridge.
- Flushing the absorbent pad. This manipulation applies exclusively to inkjet devices.
If the above measures did not work, and you could not find out on your own why the printer prints dirty after refueling, it is recommended to contact the service center.
Our experienced technicians deal with printer malfunctions on a daily basis. By contacting us, you can save the time and effort required to find out the reason why the printer prints dirty after refilling the cartridge, and restore its performance.
for the services of our service center
Our company provides flexible for all repair and restoration work. If necessary, we provide for the possibility of a specialist visiting the client at the office. Next, you will get acquainted with the set in LLC “Refueling of cartridges SPb”.
- Removing foreign objects. from 850 rubles;
- Prevention of the printing apparatus. from 550 rubles;
- Installing a new drum unit. from 400 rubles;
- Restoring the carriage in an inkjet device. from 1000 rubles;
- Installation of new cleaning knives. from 500 rubles;
- Optics restoration. from 2000 rubles;
Most printers have several additional features in their driver that allow you to calibrate or clean the components. In case of poor quality, we are interested in the tools “Cleaning the print head” or “Cleaning”. To start this process, do the following:
- Go to the device settings menu again through “Devices and Printers”.
In the window that opens, switch to the “Maintenance” or “Service” tab. There you will see functions for cleaning the printheads and nozzles. Click on one of the tools.
Follow the guide that you see on the screen carefully.
After completing the procedure, check the print quality. If it is still unsatisfactory, repeat the steps several times. If there is no result, go to the next method.
Solving problems with print quality of the printer after refueling
The ink in the print cartridge periodically runs out, so it needs to be refilled to get quality documents again when printed. However, sometimes it happens that after installing a new cartridge or filling it up, the print quality, on the contrary, deteriorates. There are several reasons for this problem, each with a different solution. This is what will be discussed further.
Checking the tightness of the cartridge
Sometimes new cartridges have leakage problems. This is quite rare, mainly due to improper handling of the component or its marriage. You need to carefully remove the ink bottle from the device. How to do this, read in Step 1 and Step 2 in our other material at the link below.
Cleaning the pick rollers
The printer has special rollers that grip the paper for printing. If they are dirty, defects may appear on the finished documents. Cleaning them is available at home, it is only important to follow the following instructions:
- Turn on the device, connect to the computer and start it.
- Remove all the paper, then prepare one sheet, on the edge of which apply a small amount of dish soap. Insert this side into the printer and hold the top with your hand.
Take any text file or image, right-click on it and select “Print”.
Make sure the active device is selected and click on “Print”.
You need to repeat this process several times, after which you can start a test print and check if the quality has returned to normal.
We solve the problem with the print quality of the printer after refueling
The following methods, with the exception of the first, are suitable only for owners of inkjet devices. If you have a laser printer in use, it is better to contact the service center to solve the problem, since the design of such ink tanks is a little more complicated, and the malfunction may also be in completely different components, this can only be diagnosed by a professional.
Disabling Economy Mode
Periodically, users intentionally or accidentally enable economical or fast printing mode in the printer settings. In addition, sometimes there are system failures that provoke a configuration change. It is a matter of a couple of minutes to put the device into normal mode, which is why we will consider this method first. You will need to do the following:
Find your device there, right-click on it and select “Print Settings”.
It happens that the peripherals are not displayed in the list, then you need to manually add them or fix the problem that has arisen. Our other article at the following link will help you deal with this.
You will see a window with the “General” or “Quick Installation” tab. Make sure Fast (Speed Priority) is unchecked and Print Quality is set to Standard or High.
After making your changes, don’t forget to apply the settings.
Now you can restart the printer and try to print to see the quality of the finished document.
Cleaning the cartridges
It is worth resorting to using this method only when the first four have not brought any result, since the likelihood that the new ink tank needs to be cleaned is extremely small. Most often, paint dries up if you have kept the container open for a long time. There are two options for how you can independently clean the nozzles and establish printing. Read more about this in our other article below.
Above, you were introduced to five available methods to correct poor print quality after refilling a cartridge. They all have different effectiveness and will be effective only in a certain situation. We hope our article helped you cope with the task.