Doesn’t print to the printer, how to fix
Good afternoon! Dear readers and guests of the Pyatilistnik.Org blog, probably the most common problem in the daily life of a system administrator or an ordinary user is the situation that there is NO printing to a printer from a computer running Windows. Such situations are solved in different ways, and in this article I would like to analyze the most ordinary and effective methods that will help you in eliminating this problem and help teach the user to diagnose and solve it himself, without distracting you from more important work.
It does NOT print to the printer, how to fix it. Why isn’t printing
There can be a lot of answers to this question, I will try to draw up a small checklist by which you can find what suits you.
- Your print service (Spooler) is stuck. A fairly common problem in operating systems of the Windows family, and everything was solved by restarting the required service.
- The print queue is clogged. Each printer has a certain size of memory, and if you send a document that is too thick for it for printing, then it can completely freeze, everything is treated by the fact that you need to cancel the current print and clears the queue, more on that below
- The printer is in exclusive mode
- The printer has temporarily stopped printing
- Driver problem
- The problem with the device itself
ALGorithm of actions if there is no printing to the printer
And so why the print does NOT go to the printer, I described it to you, let’s now make an aLGorithm of actions.
- Since devices can freeze for a number of reasons, up to a buggy firmware, the first effective advice is to reboot the device, it is done SIMply either on the printer itself there is an on / off button, or you SIMply pull out the black power cord for a few seconds.
- If nothing happened after restarting the printer, then we try to restart the service, how to do this, see the link above.
- If restarting did not help, check if you have local restrictions on printing, to do this, go to the Control Panel on the “Devices and Printers” tab.
Right-click on You need a printer, please note that your device does not have a ghostly label, as in my screenshot, here you can immediately understand that it is NOT printing to the printer due to its autonomous operation. In the context menu, select the “Print queue” item and on the “Printer” menu tab Make sure that two checkboxes are not checked:
- Pause printing
- Work autonomously
If they are installed, then you will NOT be able to send documents for printing, they will hang in the queue, but nothing will go further.
Please note that as soon as the printer stopped being offline, it immediately changed the label to normal color, which means that it became working.
Next, I advise you to clear the entire print queue and try to send the document from the computer to print.
If this did not help, then I advise you to diagnose it with built-in tools, I already wrote about this method in an article when the printer did not work in Windows 10.
Reinstalling drivers, such actions may be required when, for example, you have updated your Windows 10 to a new release, and the printer may NOT be supported in it, or require reinstalling the drivers.
Another of the saving sticks when a document is NOT printing to a printer is to use the Print-Spooler-Repair-Tool utility, which will automatically carry out a deep diagnosis of your system and try to fix all possible printing problems. Open the utility, preferably as an administrator, so that Windows uac does not work. Press the “Repair” button to diagnose
The process of detecting and fixing problems itself Takes about a minute. The utility will do everything by itself.
As an optional extra, try disabling the SNMP Status Enabled feature. I hope this NOT a big note with the aLGorithm of actions will help you in troubleshooting problems when there is NO printing from a computer, if you have any more methods, please share them in the comments.
The scanner does not scan: instructions for solving the problem
There are a lot of reviews and a lot of questions on the Internet, like “The scanner does not scan, help!” or “bought a new printer the scanner is not working. What to do. “, A lot of information on the repair or elimination of” disease symptoms “. Experts say that in 30% of cases a completely serviceable car gets sick. So there is no need to immediately run to the service center and return the printer for repair. Do-it-yourself repairs.
For example, try pre-scanning, that is, it will launch any software that allows you to Get an image. When scanning starts, the previously installed driver is launched. If the driver has not been installed, then you need to take the installation disc, which is included in the kit, and just install the desired one. If the driver is installed and ready to work, then the actions are completely different.
The driver is installed, but the scanner still does not work
So, the software is there, but the device is not detected. The first step to start diagnosing the problem is by clicking on Start Find and go to Control Panel. Then find the item Administration, click on it. A window opens with a list of different functions. You need to find and launch the device manager (the lightweight version is to go to the My Computer shortcut, right-click on an empty space, and go to the hardware tab).
The item is found and another window pops up on the monitor, with a bunch of plus signs and is named. You need to find exactly the scanner and determine if it is installed. Searching for “Imaging Devices” shouldn’t take a lot of time. So, click on the plus sign and here it is, the model name and an exclamation mark next to it on a yellow background. What does this mean? This means that the drivers are either not suitable or outdated. But the way out from the position is the same.We go to the Internet and find the driver we need.
You can also download a program that automatically update all drivers on the hardware. Drivers found and installed, restarts the machine, everything is ready.
But what if everything is in working order in the device manager? The scanner is detected, but still refuses to work? There is another snag. For normal operation, you need to purchase a specific program on the manufacturer’s website. And, of course, not for a small amount. But this problem is solved in the same way, you need to go to the Internet and find the necessary software.
Having considered the technical problems, let’s move on to physical
Very often they ask such a question, why does the hardware refuse to Scan when the device is working properly? Some solutions to this problem.
- Checking the power supply and power wires (in case of a malfunction, both elements will prevent the scanner from functioning).
- Look at Visible damage to the wire connecting the system unit and the scanner itself.
- Check the voltage in the network (it happens that many electrical devices work at the same time, and the scanning device SIMply does not have enough power).
- Some experts claim that the scanners may NOT work due to the creation of microwaves by any objects (just in case, turn off the microwave oven, it may help). Check the grounding of the wiring.
- Finally, check your settings, suddenly it’s just not properly configured and resetting to defaults will restore all work.
If the device uses a USB interface, then perhaps the reason is in the connection port and installation on a different port will solve all problems.
It still does not work, although everything has already been checked?
An important role is played by the operating system installed on a computer or laptop. Most manufacturers have recently released printers and scanners are designed for use on the Windows 7 operating system.
Let’s sum up
The SIMplest method to check is to open the “device manager” and check the controller. It should not be marked with a yellow exclamation mark. The controller should be working optimally. If there is a problem, then it is worth trying to install the scanner on another computer, perhaps a problem with your hardware. It often happens that perfectly serviceable systems SIMply refuse to work. A striking example is the Mustek scanner, which SIMply refuses to work with the bus controllers made by Tekram. So before installing the scanner, be sure to consult on which bus this product works or ask for a recommendation on choosing a new controller.
If none of the proposed options came up and the scanner refuses to work further, then there is only one way out: carry it to the service center for warranty service. The service center will help you exactly and explain what was the reason.