Smartphone printing with proprietary app
The most modern models of printers, scanners and MFPs from most manufacturers are designed to be used not only from a computer, but also from smartphones and tablets on Android. And in order to use office equipment as conveniently as possible, manufacturers have released special applications:
- Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY. Application specially designed to work with Canon‘s PIXMA, MAXIFY and SELPHY printers and scanners.
- Epson iPrint. Epson application that allows printing from a smartphone to printers, works with most modern network devices of this company.
- HP Printing Plug-in. In fact, it is a plug-in driver for a smartphone that helps to synchronize the device with any Hewlett-Packard printer, including even older models.
- Samsung Mobile Print. An application that allows you to print, scan and even send faxes using Samsung devices.
- Xerox Print Service Plugin in conjunction with Xerox Workplace. Perhaps the most fully featured applications from the oldest manufacturer of office equipment. They allow you to use MFPs and printers even with the NFC module of your smartphone and a QR code scanner. over, these applications work even with network devices from other manufacturers.
For the most part, these applications are highly specialized and only work within the office equipment of specific manufacturers. But most of the functions in them also work via the Internet, providing extensive opportunities. They do not require any special configuration of the printer, scanner or MFP. it is enough for the device to be connected to the network. After installing the application on your mobile device, you need to do a few simple steps:
- Check if the printer and smartphone or tablet are on the same network.
- Search the application for your printer, scanner or MFP.
- Synchronize your mobile device.
After these steps, you can safely print any documents from your tablet or smartphone on Android at any time.
Printing from a Smartphone over Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi Direct setup requires the printer to support this wireless standard. Typically, such devices have a separate button to enable direct mode. It becomes active after initial configuration via the PC application. After activating this function, you need to do the following:
- Switch Wi-Fi Direct on the printer to automatic mode.
- Find in the list of Wi-Fi networks the network created by the printer using Wi-Fi Direct.
- Connect to this network and enter the WPA2 password set in the computer application.
- You can send documents or photos to print from a smartphone using a printer.
In the case of a connection using a router and WPS, the sequence of actions is different. First of all, it is necessary to clarify whether the router and printer support such a mode. You also need to find out the password (PIN) for WPS. as a rule, it is indicated on the back or bottom of the router on a special sticker. If everything is in order, then you need to follow these steps:
- Turn on WPS using the button on the router or in the settings.
- Connect the printer and smartphone to the router via WPS.
- Find your printer in the list of Wi-Fi print devices available.
Within the network to which the printer is connected, you can send any photos or documents to print from your smartphone or tablet on Android.
Printing from a Smartphone via Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print or Google Cloud Print is one of the easiest solutions when the printer does not support official applications or does not work on the network. To use the cloud printing service, it is imperative to link the printer to an account on the official Google Cloud Print website. To bind, you need to perform several actions:
- Sign in to your google account from the google chrome browser.
- Click on the “Menu” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter the “Settings” section.
- Click “Show advanced settings”.
- At the very bottom of the list of options there will be a “Print” section containing the item “Google Cloud Print”.
- Open subsection and click “Add printers”.
- Select the printers you want from the list that appears.
After completing the setup, you need to install the Google Cloud Print application to send documents or images to print from your Android smartphone or tablet. Anything that can be sent on a smartphone via the Share button can be sent to the Cloud Print service, after which all that remains is to wait until the end of printing.
Separately, it should be noted that printers connected in a standard way will be available only if the computer to which they are connected is turned on and has access to the Internet. You can also add network printers to the Google Print Cloud service without this limitation. To make it easier to work with devices that support cloud printing, you can also connect them to the service from Google. The registration of most models of office equipment from almost all manufacturers is carried out in exactly the same way.
How to print documents from your Android smartphone or tablet
Due to the rapid development of technology, mobile devices are firmly entrenched in the daily life of almost every person on the planet. And many business people, especially those who work with documents, would like to print papers directly from their device. In our new instructions, we will tell you in detail how you can print documents from a smartphone or tablet on Android.
Smartphone printing via USB OTG cable
This method works primarily with older printers, as newer models usually support one of the wireless printing options. And you can only use it if your smartphone or tablet supports USB Host mode. To send to print from a smartphone to Android using a USB cable, you will need an OTG adapter that converts a standard USB connector into a microUSB, as well as an installed application with drivers for printers, for example, StarPrint or PrinterShare.
Printing from a Smartphone Using the PrinterShare App
A universal application that supports most printers and can replace both branded applications and Google Cloud Print. It even works with printers that connect via a USB OTG cable. But it makes sense to use it only when the number of different-sized office equipment is very large and all of it needs to be combined in one application. The principle of setting up and using PrinterShare is quite simple:
- Download and install the PrinterShare Print Service application.
- In the application, select your printer connection type.
- Connect the printer using one of the methods listed earlier in the instructions.
- After completing the setup, printing from an Android smartphone will be available directly from the application.
The PrinterShare app allows you to print online from anywhere you can connect your smartphone to the Internet. At the same time, you can use for printing any of the configured and synchronized with the service active and connected to the Internet printers. The main disadvantage of PrinterShare is that some of the functionality will not be active without purchasing the premium version of the application.