In order for a familiar document to be printed by default, you need to do several actions in the computer itself:
- Go to Start.
- Then to the control panel.
- In the upper right corner, you must click “devices and printers”. “view” (in the section equipment and sound).
- Find your printer and its model from the possible options.
- By clicking the right part of the mouse, a window will appear. We are interested in the item “print setup”.
- After opening the menu, you need to select “color”.
- Then you need to apply the changes and click “OK”.
IMPORTANT. Not all Epson models support black and white printing. If no such parameter appears in the color window, it means that your printer does not have such a function.
How to print in black and white on a color printer: is it possible to print only black and white images on a color printer?
- If you are using Canon, then in the additional functions on the right you need to check the box next to “Grayscale”. Next, you need to click “OK” in the settings window and print the desired document.
- You can use other programs in which you can specifically specify which paints will be used. For example, in the Yandex browser, in the color printout item, you can select the type “black and white print”. And in Adobe Reader, you can only check the grayscale print box.
- In the properties, through the panel control window, you can open the “black and white print” option. Everything is ingeniously simple!
To conserve color ink or for grayscale photography, it is worth changing the PC for HP settings. It uses exclusively a black ink cartridge. All colors of authentic photography (multi-colored) come out in black and white. To get such an image at the output, you need to perform the action “black ink only” or scan in grayscale.
There is an option to make the transition through the operating system:
- select the “print” section in the application;
- find a device;
- open its properties (it can also be called “printer”, “parameters”);
- click on the paper / quality or functions tab;
- go to “advanced”, print in grayscale, black ink only;
ATTENTION. If you want to reduce ink consumption to a minimum, then you need to reduce their quality.
Print in black only for all your print jobs
If you do not want to change the print settings every time you print, you can change the default print settings to print using only black ink in grayscale for all print jobs. The sequence of steps depends on the printer model and operating system.
To change this print setting, you must have the full version of the software on your computer. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
On your computer, click the Windows icon and search for Devices and Printers.
Right-click, then select Printing Preferences from the drop-down list.
Select your printer again, then click the Paper / Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.
To print using only the black cartridge, change one of the following options, depending on what is displayed on the screen.
Click Advanced, Print in Grayscale, and then select Black Ink Only.
To use even less black ink of lower quality, select the Print quality option Draft, if available.
For high quality black and white documents and photographs, change one of the following options, depending on what is displayed on the screen.
Click Advanced, Print in Grayscale, and then select Print in Grayscale or High Quality Print in Grayscale.
Click Print in Grayscale, and then select High Quality Grayscale Printing.
Printer uses a combination of black and color inks for high quality black and white printing.
Click OK to confirm the changes.
When color printing is required again, open Printer Properties, then select Color, or clear the option for printing with black ink only or grayscale.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Check out the following answers to frequently asked questions.
I usually only print in black and white, why are my color cartridges empty?
On some printer models, black areas may be printed with colored inks to reduce graininess. In addition, a small amount of ink in all cartridges is used for periodic maintenance tasks. This prevents problems such as clogged printheads and poor print quality.