The method is suitable for devices even without a resetting flag. The aLGorithm of actions is as follows.
- We take out the module and disconnect the cartridge. Bringing the drum back.
- On the right of the printer there is a plastic lever. detach it and sink it into the device.
- Simultaneously, with two flat screwdrivers, we press the sensor responsible for closing the lid and the sensor to determine the toner.
- We press on the second sensor before the start of the rotation of the shafts of the device.
- Attach the lever to the lid.
The purchased cartridge differs from the starting cartridge by the presence of gears on one side. For such a design, the usual reset of the flag is not relevant, the solution to the issue of resetting the counter must be approached from the other side: after disconnecting the drum module, you need to carry out some manipulations directly with the gears.
- On the side of the gears, using a screwdriver, unscrew and carefully remove the cover, trying to avoid spilling parts.
- Next, you need to get one of the central gears to open access to the part, which has the shape of a semicircle.
- Then you need to turn the semicircular gear so that it rested against the wall.
- Then you need to return the removed central gear to its place and carefully fix the cover. Care must be taken to ensure that nothing moves from its original position.
You can check the health of the device.
Resetting the drum counter
Photo drums are designed for a large number of pages: the device’s passport indicates the figure. 12 thousand, but in fact, you can print at least twice as many. There have been cases when the drum prints up to 40,000 pages for particularly thrifty owners. Sooner or later, the display prompts you to replace the drum unit.
Advice! If the printer continues to print, you can simply ignore this notification. Otherwise, there is a way to reset the counter on the drum unit.
- turn on the printer and wait for the device to warm up;
- with the front cover open, press the “Clear” button;
- press the “Up” key once and confirm the action;
- the display will respond with a confirmation message, then close the lid and continue using the drum unit.
Such simple actions will save a considerable amount of money on the constant purchase of new cartridges in the future and will save no less valuable time, saving you from going to the Brother service center.
There are several ways to reset the counter on the toner cartridge. Let’s take a look at two popular tricks for the TN-1075. It is used in DCP 1510R and DCP 1512R, MFC-1810R and MFC-1815R, HL 1110R and HL 1112R printers.
DCP Series MFP Cartridges
The line of multifunctional devices is represented by various popular models, and the method of zeroing is slightly different from each other. For example, for the DCP 7030R and DCP 7032R samples, do the following:
- with the device turned on, open the front cover;
- when the machine offers to replace the drum, you need to press the “Clean” button followed by confirmation.
On the DCP L2500DR model, with the cover open, keep the “Menu” until “Reset TNR-STD A counter” appears. Next, you should agree and select the upward arrow to perform the operation. Then you need to press “Stop / Exit” followed by slamming the lid.
In the DCP 7055R you need to enter the menu. Sequentially select the items “General settings”, “Replace toner”, “Continue”. Each choice must be confirmed with consent. Then click “Clear” and exit.
The DCP 7057R will offer the following steps:
- after turning on the device, wait for the mechanics to die down;
- keep the front cover open;
- press “Cancel (Stop)”;
- press “Start”;
- press the arrow pointing up once;
- press down on the down arrow key until the screen shows two zeros;
- confirm the operation and close the lid.
Important! The counter is reset using the program method only once. All subsequent zeroing will have to be done in hardware.
To reset the starter device, it is necessary to remove the drum unit from the printer and separate the DR 1075 drum unit from the cartridge. When examining the drama, you can see a hole on the left. There is a reset checkbox. It is necessary to remember the location of the checkbox, since clicking on it will be done blindly. Next, we perform the following actions:
- insert the drum unit back into the printer;
- free the paper tray;
- through the tray we reach the flag and click on it;
- close the lid;
- as soon as the engine starts, remove your finger from the button for 1-2 seconds;
- exactly after that much time (no more), you need to press the checkbox again.
After these actions, the engine of the device should stop, and the green indicator on the panel should flash. These signals will indicate that the cartridge has been reinstalled and the printer has resumed. If the performance has not been restored, then the actions should be repeated, if possible. more accurately.
Important! You should not be afraid of your hand inside the apparatus. in the place where the discharge is made, there are no moving parts.
Zeroing cartridges using software
There are two ways to reset the counter for toner cartridges: hardware (aka manual) and software. Let’s talk about how to reset using software. We will analyze the manual method below.
HL series laser cartridges
Printer models such as HL 2035R, HL 2130R and HL 2132R use laser cartridges for their work, which are structurally different from inkjet cartridges. Their zeroing aLGorithm is relatively simple. Without breaking the sequence of actions, you need to do the following:
- with the printer turned on, remove the front cover;
- without closing the covers, turn off the unit;
- while holding the “Start (Go)” button, turn on the device again;
- it is necessary to wait until all indicators on the panel light up, and then release the button;
- then you need to press and release the “Start (Go)” button two times;
- after a pause of 2 seconds, repeat the operation 5-6 times;
- if it was possible to throw off the counter, then it will be clear by turning off the “Toner” indicator, which previously signaled the lack of ink.
It remains to close the front cover, reboot the device and make a test print.
Replace the Brother MFC-L2700DWR imaging drum: error reset instructions
Brother MFC series multifunction printers are slightly different from DCP. Therefore, the process of resetting the drum counter also has some differences. You can get rid of this error in the following way:
- turn on the printer and open the front cover of the printing device;
- click on “Ok” and hold it for about 2 seconds;
- confirm the action by pressing 1 on the digital panel of the MFP.
Now you need to close the lid and wait for the printer to warm up. However, the Brother MFC-L2712DW printer, which is also part of this series, will reset the “Replace Drum” error in a different way:
- turn on the printer and close the front cover;
- hold down the “Ok” button and the “Up” arrow for a few seconds (at the same time);
- click on “OK” and select reset the drum;
- click on the up arrow to confirm the decision.
If for some reason you change your mind about resetting the L2712DW drum error, you can cancel the action by pressing the down arrow.
Replace the Brother MFC-L3770CDW / L3750CDW drum unit: error reset instructions
On the Brother MFC-L3770CDW MFP with touchscreen display, if the error “Replace the drum unit” appears, immediately press the “Cancel” button, and then do the following:
- hold down the consumables level button on the sensor and hold it until the error reset menu opens;
- click on the drum unit and select the appropriate product;
- click “Yes” when prompted to reset the drum counter.
After these steps, you can open the reset menu again and check if the consumable counter has been reset.
Replace drum unit Brother DCP-L2500DR / L2500D error reset instructions
If this problem occurs with the Brother DCP-L2500 Series MFP, then to solve it you need to do the following:
- turn on the printing device with the corresponding button;
- open the front cover of the printer;
- hold down the “OK” button for 2-3 seconds (until a special inscription appears on the MFP display indicating the replacement of the drum unit);
- press the button “” (arrow up), thereby confirming the reset of the drum counter;
- close the cover and wait for the printer to be ready.
Replace drum unit Brother DCP-1510R / DCP-1512R / MFC-1810R / MFC-1815R Error reset guide
The reset principle for these models is a bit similar to the previous ones, but there are still differences. To get rid of the error of replacing the Brother DCP-1510R drum unit and similar models, you need to do the following:
- press the “Menu” button, find and select the “Device Information” section;
- find and select the section “Reset the Brother drum”, hold down the “OK” button for a few seconds;
- confirm the action by pressing the “Up” or “” button, exit the menu and wait for the printer to reconnect.
Please note: The Brother DCP-1602R “Replace Image Drum” error is cleared in the same way.
What to do if the printer is writing replace the drum unit Brother
If you see a “Replace Drum” error in Brother printers and MFPs, it is at least an indication that the product needs service. Therefore, you should start the process of resetting the drum counter only after you put it in order (or replace it with a new consumable). In addition, you should pay attention to the model of the printing device. The fact is that the order of actions can be completely different for a particular apparatus. Here are some instructions for resetting the “Replace Drum” error for different Brother office equipment.
Replace the Brother DCP-7057R drum unit: error reset instructions
The Brother DCP-7057R MFP has long been discontinued. However, many consumers still use it. Therefore, you should not be surprised that today the topic of resetting the Brother DCP-7057R drum counter is as relevant as for more modern devices. The 7057R Drum Replacement Error Reset process consists of the following steps:
- turn on the printer, wait until it is ready and open the front cover of the printer;
- press the “Clear” button, confirm the action by pressing the “Up” (“”) button.
Wait until the error clearing process is complete and the printer is ready. Now you can safely start printing.
How to reset the drum counter for Brother DCP-L2500DR, DCP-1510R, MFC-L2700, MFC-L3770CDW, HL-L2340DWR and HL-L3210CW printers and MFPs
As you know, many manufacturers of office equipment install special protective programs on their products that block the operation of devices when certain situations arise. For example, Hewlett-Packard are renowned for their inkjet and laser printers equipped with toner or ink counters. As soon as the cartridge starts to run out of coloring matter, the device software will react to this and inform the consumer (display a corresponding message on the printer display or PC monitor).
The Japanese company Brother went even further, they installed software on their MFPs and printers that can determine the drum life (as well as its performance). As soon as the software diagnoses the end of the photovale’s resource, or detects any malfunctions in its operation, a message will appear on the display about the need to replace this product.
Replace drum unit Brother HL-L2340DW / L2360DN / L2360DW / L2361DN / L2365DW / L2366DW / L2340DWR / L2360DNR / L2365DWR: error reset instructions
This is one of the most popular series of classic Brother printers. Therefore, consumers are often looking for an answer to the question of how to replace the drum unit on the Brother HL-L2340DWR printer. The product itself is not difficult to replace, but with resetting the counter, many have the main problem. Therefore, we present the instructions for zeroing the drum counter for the HL-L2340 series printers:
- turn on the printer, wait for loading and open the cartridge compartment;
- hold down “Ok” for 2-3 seconds, wait for the reset menu to turn on;
- press “Ok”, then the arrow “Up”, reset the drum.
At the end of the zeroing, you need to close the front panel, wait until the printer is ready and check the operation of the device.
For all Brother laser printers and MFPs
This article is for self-resetting the message about the need to replace the toner. The message might look like: Replace toner cartridge, Replace toner, Toner low, Replace toner cartridge.
Perhaps you have a Brother starter cartridge, which does not have a mechanism for resetting the cartridge counter, or after refilling the mechanism did not work. Also, the article can be useful because you can reset the message about the need to replace the toner cartridge, thereby printing the remaining toner in the cartridge to the end.
Since there are several types of Brother cartridges, like the machines themselves, the ejection mechanism is different.
A few important tips
- You should distinguish between drum and toner. The first is a blue or green cylinder with a built-in counter of the number of prints. He can work out several fillings. That is, any manipulations on it are carried out less often. Toner is a dry black powder. Located in a tuba. Its accounting is carried out programmatically. Take a close look at the error text to know what exactly needs to be reset.
Toner cartridge tn 2275
- Remove the cartridge from the printer and place it on a table, which must be protected from toner with newspapers or used sheets before doing so.
- Lay it face down with the gear side. The reset sensor is marked with a red square in the figure.
- To get to it, you need to unscrew and remove the plastic protection. Put it aside.
- Now you need to get access to the gear, which is pressed by the other two on the sides. We take them off.
- We turn the middle of the central gear so that the even edge is on the left vertically.
- We return the two removed parts to their place. On the right, the gear should be turned down with its protruding edge.
- The knocked-out arrows should “look” in different directions.
- In the printer menu on the case, find the “General settings” section.
- In the list that opens, select “Replace Toner”.
- Use the arrows to navigate to “Continue”.
- After each item, click “Ok”.
- To exit the reset mode use the “Clear” button.
- Open the cover behind which the cartridge is located.
- Click on the printer panel “Clear” or “Clear”.
- Then immediately click on “Start”.
- Now “” or “-” (they are arrows “Up” / “Down”) you need to enter the number “00” on the screen.
- Now click “Ok”.
- All is ready!
Reset counters Brother DCP-1512r / 1602r / HL-1110r / 1202r
This manual is suitable for resetting the toner and drum counters in the following printers and MFPs:
- Printers (without display) Brother HL-1110r, HL-1112r, HL-1202r, HL-1210wr, HL-1212wr
- MFP (with display) Brother DCP-1510r, DCP-1512r, DCP-1602r, DCP-1610wr, DCP-1612wr, MFC-1810r, MFC-1815r, MFC-1912wr
Brother dcp 1602r, 1610wr, 1612wr
- When the MFP starts up, go to its menu with the corresponding button on the case in the control panel.
- Use the arrows to navigate to the Device Information section. Do not forget to press the “OK” button to confirm your choice.
- Now in the list you need to find the item “Drum reset”.
- Press and do not release “OK” until you see the words “Reset” and “Exit” on the screen.
- Click now on “Start”, and then. the arrow “Down”. The scoreboard will display the value of the counter.
- Now using the arrows set it to “00”.
- Confirm the action by clicking on “OK”.
- All is ready!
Instructions for zeroing the cartridge for different models
Unfortunately, not all models can be returned to work using universal methods of zeroing their consumables. Some require non-standard reset options. Below we have collected instructions for such cases.
How to clear the toner replacement message for color 9020/3140/3170/9330
If an error occurs with the Brother 9020 printer, open the top cover slightly, press and hold for about 2-3 seconds. In the list that opens, we select a cartridge or an imaging drum of the color you need.
For the Brother 3140 printer, to eliminate these errors, it will be correct to open the top cover of the turned on printer and press the “Secure” and “Сancel” buttons at the same time. Having selected the color cartridge or imaging drum required for reset, press “OK” and “Up”.
The correct procedure for resolving toner and imaging drum errors for the Brother 3170 Color Printer is to open the top cover and press the Secure and Cancel buttons on the printer at the same time. In the reset menu that appears on the display of the printing device, we select the cartridge of the color you need or the drum unit. Next, press the “OK” and “Up” buttons.
To resolve the error that occurred when replacing the toner or drum unit of the Brother 9330 Color Multifunction Printer. The correct procedure is as follows. The top cover is opened slightly, pressed and held for about 2-3 seconds. Select the drum or cartridge of the color you need from the menu list.