Using a router
This is an easy way that many users turn to. To use the router as a connecting device, you will need to carry out the following procedures:
- you need to open the menu of your Samsung TV;
- then you need to click on the “Network” item and go to an additional subsection;
- select “Wireless network”.
You should choose the required network, depending on its name. By clicking on the correct item, you will need to enter a security password (the security code of your Wi-Fi network). After that, it will turn out to connect the mobile phone to the home network.
Why is it necessary?
Thanks to the Wi-Fi wireless network, modern users have the ability to connect a variety of technical devices to each other. These include televisions and smartphones. This synchronization option when using home equipment provides many interesting and useful functions.
When you connect a smartphone to a Samsung TV, its characteristics and options will remain the same, but a number of certain actions will be much more convenient and interesting.
- You can connect your phone to a Samsung TV if you want to play your favorite games on the big screen of media technology. You can optionally connect a keyboard or joystick to the TV using the Bluetooth network for the most convenient game.
- By connecting the phone to a Samsung TV via a Wi-Fi network, users can play their favorite movies, video clips, photos and other necessary content on the gadget and transfer them to the big screen, which is very convenient.
- Often the need for this type of connection arises when you need to organize an impressive presentation on a large screen diagonal.
- It is very convenient to browse interesting Internet pages by connecting your phone to a Samsung TV.
- If you correctly connect the phone to the television equipment of the South Korean brand, it will be possible to control the latter using a smartphone, instead of a remote control. This is a very convenient solution, which is used by many owners of such devices.
The level of functionality of the considered technique increases if you correctly synchronize it via a Wi-Fi network. Such solutions make media devices not only multitasking, but also easy to use.
If you decide to connect your phone to a Samsung TV, there is a certain pattern you should follow. There are several effective ways to transfer an image from a smartphone to a TV screen using Wi-Fi.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV over Wi-Fi?
The Wi-Fi network opens up wide boundaries for its operation for users of modern media technology. Nowadays, a variety of devices can be synchronized with each other. Often there is a need to connect a smartphone to a TV. We will learn how to do it correctly, using the example of Samsung technology.
Modern models of mobile phones with Android operating system support Miracast technology. This wireless standard is released by Intel.
It is necessary for Honor that when working in this way, certain delays can occur. This applies only to those cases when the image is broadcast from the smartphone directly to the TV screen.
To connect the phone to the TV in this way, you will need to open the settings of both the TV and the smartphone. Activate Miracast function on both devices.
Broadcast via YouTube
Video files from a mobile phone can be streamed to a TV screen through a popular service. Let’s consider in stages how you can do this.
- Before you start syncing your TV and smartphone, you need to make sure that the YouTube app is installed on the latter. If it is not in the device menu, you need to download the program from the market.
- Launch the installed YouTube app on your smartphone. Open the settings menu. Activate the Watch on TV option. If you did everything right, an instruction will be displayed on the Samsung TV screen with prompts for all subsequent actions.
- Launch YouTube on your TV. Go to settings. Designate the connection type. “In manual mode”.
- A special code will appear on the screen of the South Korean TV, which must be entered in the corresponding field on the screen of your smartphone. After that, you need to click on the “Add” button.
- In the list of detected devices, you need to find your Samsung TV. Once you find the equipment you need, agree to broadcast. After that, you will be able to watch the video not on the small display of the phone, but on the big screen of the TV.
Let’s start with the most popular option. Pairing two devices can be done using modern technology Wi-Fi Direct. It is provided on almost all Smart TV models produced today.
This option is also supported on most modern smartphones.
The main task is to connect devices to each other without the need to get an access point. A smartphone is recognized by a TV in the form of a multimedia device.
To pair your phone with Smart TV using Wi-Fi Direct, you need a certain algorithm of actions.
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Select the section that contains the parameters of the wireless connection
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- Next, you need to open the Samsung TV settings. Run the specified function and on this device.
- A notification about the start of scanning will be displayed on the TV screen.
- The television equipment will show the entire list of devices available for connection.
- Find the name of your smartphone in the list.
- A corresponding notification will be displayed on the display of the mobile phone with a request to synchronize devices.
- You will need to confirm the connection.
- Now you can start playing any selected files on your smartphone. everything will be broadcast from your phone to the large screen of your Samsung TV.
Usually, when connecting a mobile phone to a Samsung TV, serious problems do not arise, but there are times when the TV equipment does not see the smartphone. The device may not recognize or see existing Wi-Fi networks at all. In such cases, you do not need to be scared and think that you bought a low-quality or faulty TV.
Often, when it is impossible to connect the phone to the TV using a wireless Wi-Fi network, the case lies in the router. Perhaps the router is already overloaded and cannot cope with the loads. Perhaps the device is completely defective and requires repair or replacement.
Often, users are in a hurry to connect their phone to a TV using Wi-Fi, without bothering to make sure that this module is provided in their device. Today on sale you can find enough TV-equipment in the configurations of which Wi-Fi is not available. But this does not mean that such a problem cannot be solved. The situation will be corrected by installing a suitable Wi-Fi adapter.
If your smartphone fails to connect to your Samsung TV for one reason or another, a few simple steps are recommended. Perhaps they will solve the problem.
- Turn off the TV equipment completely for 10-15 minutes. It is not enough to turn off the device just by pressing the button on the remote control. Unplug the power cord. There are widespread cases where restarting Samsung devices resolved Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Unplug the router for about 30 seconds. Then connect the device again.
- Make sure other devices in your home, such as a computer, laptop, or tablet, connect seamlessly to your Wi-Fi network.
Consider a few useful recommendations regarding connecting a smartphone to a Samsung TV via Wi-Fi.
- Be prepared for the fact that when you connect devices using Miracast, the video will be transmitted in good quality, but games can be broadcast with a slight delay. 0.5-1 sec.
- If you have a lot of smart devices in your home, you need a good router at home to sync them using Wi-Fi. Buy expensive and reliable equipment, as weak devices will not withstand heavy loads.
- When choosing a Wi-Fi adapter for your Samsung TV, make sure that it is right for your model. Better to buy devices of the same name brand.
Next, watch a video on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV using Smart View.
How To Fix Any WIFI, Data, or Bluetooth Connection Problems on Samsung Galaxy Phones in 1 Min
The phone does not connect to Wi-Fi due to an Authentication error. In English, it sounds Authentification Error, which means that the password was entered incorrectly. Authentication is required for a secure connection.
- Again, check if the password was entered correctly, if necessary, delete the network and rediscover it.
- Through the “Router Settings” you can change the key.
- Perhaps, during the initial setup, the encryption settings were specified incorrectly.
- The recommended option is to put WPA2 Personal and the AES algorithm, as in the screenshot.
- Due to neighboring networks, connection interference may occur, which requires you to change the value of the “Channels” item back to “Auto”.
For all changes to take effect, reboot the router by unplugging the equipment from the outlet and plugging it back in.
The reason for the error that occurred during authentication is the incorrect Wi-Fi password. Make sure the input language is correct and you are not using Cyrillic instead of Latin. Check letter case accuracy.
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
To fix the source of the problem, delete the wireless network (“Forget”) and reboot the router.
If restarting the router and a new network search did not help, change the password again through the router settings.
- Look for information to enter the web interface on the device’s case.
- Once logged in, change the password using Latin and numbers.
- Look at the meaning of the standard. it should be WPA2-PSK.
Or select WPA, WPA2 mode if not supported by your smartphone. Unfortunately, while on public transport or in a shopping center, you will not be able to change the “Security Settings” of your router. Wait until you arrive home.
Writes “Obtaining an IP address
If the IP configuration fails, the reason may be that the DHCP server is not active in the router settings or the problem lies in the functioning of the Android OS.
If it is the DHCP server that fails, restarting the router will help. If your attempt fails, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of the WI-FI router.
- Check the enabled state of the server.
The steps for activating the server to resolve an IP configuration error may vary depending on the network hardware model.
My samsung mobile wifi is not working connecting how to fix
Proxy server on Android
Open Wi-Fi settings. Go to “Advanced Settings”. Make sure that the value “No” is next to the line “Proxy server”. This means that it is inactive.
Remember, you may have recently installed third-party applications on your mobile device. Review everything, and if any program seems suspicious, it is better to delete it. Some programs may block your internet connection. Go to the application and click “Stop” to stop it. And then delete.
Configuring the router
Go to the router’s Wi-Fi interface. You need to change the communication channel, version and type of encryption. If required, change the network name and password.
Why Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 won’t connect to Wi-Fi network
First of all, make sure that the Wi-Fi module is enabled on your smartphone in the settings:
There are several common Wi-Fi connection errors. Let’s look at these main cases when Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 does not connect to WI-FI so that you can determine which problem is yours. In the first case, it is completely impossible to connect to the Wi-Fi network using the phone (the gadget does not see the desired wireless network at all). In the second case, the message ‘Authentication problem / error’ appears. In the third case, it is possible to connect, but in the network status ‘Saved, WPA / WPA2 protection’ appears.
In fact, as we said earlier, everything usually depends on the source of the Wi-Fi signal, that is, the router. We will talk about its settings further. Below we will analyze the main points of the setup that you may have missed when connecting the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 to WI-FI.
So, as you already understood, our path lies on the router. You need to do this from a computer or laptop to which your router or access point is connected. In order to get into the settings of the router, you need to open any Internet browser and type in the address of the wireless router. Typically the IP address is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. If you don’t know the exact address, try both.
In the router interface, you need to find the menu item responsible for setting up the Wi-Fi connection. It is usually called Wireless Settings or simply ‘Wireless Network’ if the firmware on the router is russified. We have to check and possibly change several parameters in the settings. Verify the password that is set for the Wi-Fi network. Try to change the mode of operation of the WI-FI network on the router. Check Wi-Fi operation on another data transmission channel. Change the width of the data transmission channel. Try to change the type of network encryption. It sounds complicated, but in reality everything is quite simple.
If your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 does not see the network at all, then the problem is clearly on the side of the router and most likely it needs to be configured. Now let’s analyze all the tasks of changing the WI-FI settings on the router in order. Please do not forget that after changing the settings of the router, it must be restarted from the interface with the ‘Restart’ or ‘Reset’ button (not to be confused with the hardware button on the router itself, which serves to reset all settings).
Why does my Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 phone not connect to WI-FI. What to do?
Welcome to droidium.ru. In this manual, we will try to explain why the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 phone does not connect to the WI-FI network, we will consider the most common reasons and what to do in such a situation. The instructions will certainly come in handy for those of you who want to connect your phone at home to your own wireless Wi-Fi network. Usually, the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 smartphone does not connect to Wi-Fi due to lost or incorrectly entered settings either on the smartphone itself or on the signal source (in most cases it is a router or wireless access point), then the problem should be divided into these two factors.
In the first case, we advise you to read a simple and understandable article on setting up Wi-Fi on an Android smartphone. But we will deal with the second case in detail, because often it is the router settings that are the reason why the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 may not connect to WI-FI. Unfortunately, we do not know which router is installed in your home, so we will make all the explanations with pictures using the example of two ordinary Wi-Fi routers and will try to make our instructions as informative as possible.
Change the operating mode of the WI-FI network
This chapter concerns the error ‘Saved, WPA / WPA2 protection’, after which the phone seems to connect to the Wi-Fi Internet, but the network does not work. This is what the error looks like:
The problem in this case is the incorrect configuration of the router, or rather, the data transfer protocol, which is incompatible with the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. You can also change the network operation mode on the router tab, which is responsible for the wireless connection settings.
As you can see from the picture above, modern routers support several modes of operation. A more universal mode is 11bgn mixed, which allows devices that support at least one of the B, G or N modes to connect. But if your router has this mode, then you should not be afraid, just try 11g or 11n (11b is outdated and very slow). It is worth noting that many WI-FI routers have an automatic mode called Auto. This option is also worth trying if Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 does not connect to WI-FI with the error ‘Saved, WPA / WPA2 protection’.
Change the password and type of Wi-Fi network encryption on the router
If an error ‘Authentication error’ or ‘Authentication problem’ appears when trying to connect the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 to a Wi-Fi network, then in 99% of cases this means that you are entering the wrong password. The remaining 1%. the router turned off and needs to be turned off and on again. This is what the error looks like:
Therefore, the very first thing to do if the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 does not connect to the WI-FI network and an authentication error appears is to check the correctness of the password entered. If you are in doubt about the password, then the easiest way is to check or change it on the router. To do this, you need to find on the Wireless Security tab the field where the password is changed. Usually this field is called Passphrase, PSK Password, WPA-PSK Key, etc.
In addition to the password, you should check what type of encryption is installed on the router. Some Android phones and tablets cannot work with TKIP encryption. We recommend that you set the encryption type to WPA or WPA2-PSK, and the encryption algorithm itself to AES. If the Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 does not want to connect with any selected type of encryption, you can disable it for a while to check that the problem is in it.
Change the channel width and the channel itself
All wireless routers and access points operate at specific frequencies, which are defined by Wi-Fi technology standards. Today Wi-Fi routers are ubiquitous and if there are a lot of them in one place, this can affect the quality of the connection. So that they do not interfere with each other’s work, the router settings provide for the selection of the channel and its width (frequency range).
If your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 phone stopped connecting to WI-FI unexpectedly, and before that everything worked, then the problem may be related to the channel on which your router is running. To change the channel and its frequency, you need to go to the wireless settings on the router (Wireless Settings).
When changing the channel width and the channel itself, we recommend that you first set the value to Auto. As you can see, there is nothing complicated in the WI-FI network settings on the router. If Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 still does not connect to WI-FI, then how to re-check the connection settings on your Android smartphone, as described in this manual. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments.
Why the phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi): Solution
Why won’t my phone connect to Wi-Fi even though it recognizes the network? There are several types of this error at once:
- An endless and unsuccessful attempt is made to obtain the IP address of the router;
- The smartphone cannot connect to the network, but the access point remains;
- The phone does not find the WI-FI network at all;
- Connection succeeded, but there is no internet connection.
Let’s look at all the ways to resolve your router issue. All kinds of errors can be solved by following the instructions below. Follow all the instructions in order to resolve the error as quickly as possible.
Changing the value of the Beacon interval option
Almost all modern router models have a number of advanced connectivity features. You can fix the network connection issue by changing the Beacon interval setting. What is this interval for? Its main purpose is to set the time period after which the phone will try to receive a special packet from the router, which contains information about the network operation.
As a rule, on all routers this value is equal to one second (or 100 ms). You can change this parameter yourself to 45 or 70. This value is suitable for most Android smartphones.
- Go to the settings of your router;
- Click the Advanced Wireless Settings tab. Another name. “Advanced Wireless”;
- Enter the required value in the Bacon Period field and save the settings;
- Reboot your router;
- Try to connect to the internet.
Changing the name of the access point
If all your devices, except those running on Android OS, connect to the router, you need to rename the access point. Some Android smartphones and tablets have one common bug. they are unable to recognize a network if its name is in Cyrillic or there are special characters in the network name.
Read about the benefits of using the Internet
Follow the instructions to change the name:
- Go to the router settings;
- Go to the main tab and in the SSD Name field, change the name of the access point. Remember, it should not contain additional symbols and letters in Cyrillic. Use only Latin letters and numbers;
- Save the settings and try to define the network again.
Selecting a connection mode
The cause of the problem may be the incompatibility of the communication standard of your smartphone and router. To do this, in the settings of the router, you need to change the connection mode.
How to connect a gadget to a computer?
- Go to your router’s settings and enable the advanced wireless settings tab;
- Find the Mode field and change its value one by one. After each standard change, save the settings and try to connect to the Internet from your smartphone.
Health check and problem analysis
In more than 60% of cases, the user cannot connect to WI-FI due to short-term network failures. Before you learn how to connect your device to your router to troubleshoot a problem, complete all of the following steps:
- Reboot your Android smartphone and your router. WI-FI itself must be kept unplugged from the outlet for several minutes;
- After rebooting the Android device, go to the WI-FI settings and delete the previously saved access point;
If it was not possible to establish a connection using this method, go to the next instruction.
It is also necessary to verify the password, as most users may simply enter it incorrectly. Because of this, the connection does not occur and writes “Saved”. To check the entered password, go to the Wi-Fi settings. Then go to the mode of viewing the options of the desired access point. In the password (or keyword) field, click on the “Show password” checkbox and make sure that it matches the keyword specified in the router settings.
An easy way to set up the Internet. Find out how to do it
How can I view the password in the router settings? To do this, enter the configuration window and go to the “Wireless Security” tab. The password is the value in the PSK Password field. You can also change this value. After changing the password, save the settings and try to sign in from your phone again.
Channel changes in router settings
If the Internet connection suddenly disappears (you have not performed any access point add-ons before), it is possible that the previously used channel is no longer suitable for your network and needs to be replaced.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
Notice! This solution is only suitable if absolutely all devices are connected to the router, but there is no Internet connection.
- Go to the settings of your router through your computer using any browser;
- Find the tab with wireless settings;
- Then in the “Channel” tab change the value from “Auto” to any other. Save the settings and reboot the router. Now connect to the Internet again. Try to connect to a different channel if necessary.
Phone firmware. will it help solve the problem of connecting to the Internet
Using third-party utilities to reorganize a connection
Some utilities can help you learn how to connect your phone to your router without errors. Also, such applications help to eliminate the error by scanning the entire system of a smartphone or tablet. Let’s look at some useful programs:
Immediately after launch, the utility resets all settings for connecting to the WI-FI network and sets the options most suitable for your device. All work happens automatically, so the user does not need to deal with the functionality. Also, the utility can be launched to work in the background, so it can constantly monitor the connection to the router.
Advice! To ensure an uninterrupted connection to the network, first go to the Wi-Fi Fixer application and from it connect to the found access point.
To start the diagnostic and reorganization process, click on the Fix My Wi-Fi button. Then select the desired access point, enter the correct password and wait for the automatic fix procedure to complete.
Reasons why the phone does not connect to the WI-FI network
In fact, there are many such reasons. over, there may be problems that require an individual approach. This is due to the fact that there is a huge amount of wireless equipment on the domestic market, which has individual characteristics and unique solutions. Therefore, it is impossible to disassemble absolutely all errors, just as it is impossible to find a universal solution, a panacea.
We will analyze the most common problems, and also consider how to solve them. Their list includes the following:
- Incorrectly entered security key.
- Incorrect Wi-Fi router settings.
- Router malfunctions (freeze).
- Android platform crash (rare, but still occurs).
So let’s look at all these errors in more detail.
How to find out the IP address of a WI-FI router
So, now the system asks you to enter your username and password. Here we write admin, admin, respectively, and click “Login”. So you got into the parameters of the router. Next, we will consider the settings using the example of the D-LinkDir-615 Wi-Fi router. However, it is worth remembering that all router models work according to the same principle and have almost the same settings. The only difference is in the design of the interface and in some additional functions.
At the bottom of the screen, click “Advanced settings”. Now in the window called “WI-FI” we find the section “Security Settings”. The first line “Network Authentication” is the type of data encryption. The second line “PSK encryption key” is the password from our network. It is this that needs to be entered when connecting the phone.
Malfunctions of the WI-FI router
Another reason why the phone sees the WI-FI network, but does not connect to it, is that the device is trivially frozen. In this case, for example, a laptop can work normally and access the Internet. The fact is that, speaking of freezing, one should understand failures and stoppages of some functions. For example, DHCP may stop working due to overload or power outages. At the same time, devices that were connected to the access point earlier have already received an IP address and can work normally. Other functions of the Wi-Fi router may also stop working.
The solution to this problem is to simply reboot the device. And for this you don’t even need to go into the parameters. It is enough to turn off the power supply of the router from the outlet for 7-10 minutes. After that, turn it on and wait for the download. Try connecting again from your phone. Such freezes can occur not only on budget models of routers. The only difference is in the frequency of such errors.
If you have completed all the above steps, but the Wi-Fi network connection error on the phone remains, then it is quite possible that the failure occurred in the smartphone itself. The fact is that mobile devices use conventional wireless adapters, which can also freeze or malfunction. But unlike a computer, there are no advanced settings on the Android platform. On such platforms, all parameters are entered initially, and there is no way to change them. This means that you can solve this problem in the same way as in the previous case. just restart the device.
Now you know the most common reasons why the WI-FI network on the phone won’t connect. As mentioned above, there may be other connection problems, but solving them requires an individual approach.
In addition, you can read about solving problems of connecting the phone to the WI-FI network in the following article.
Why won’t my phone connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot
The phone does not connect to the WI-FI wireless hotspot. this is a mistake that is quite common nowadays. The fact is that smartphones with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter have already become part of people’s lives, and almost everyone already has such a device. Smartphones have gained such distribution due to their undeniable qualities. After all, they allow you to use the Internet and solve problems no worse than a computer, but at the same time they are mobile and compact.
Unfortunately, although in most cases the connection to the WI-FI network goes through without problems by pressing just one button, sometimes there are still various errors that not every user can solve on their own. That is why in this article we will look at why the phone does not connect to the home WI-FI network, as well as how to fix such an error.
Checking Router Settings
An error connecting the phone to the WI-FI wireless network, often occurs due to incorrect router settings. The fact is that modern Wi-Fi routers support DHCP technology. This means that all data on the connection of the router is automatically sent to the phone. This is what smartphones and tablets are focused on. If you disable this function, then the phone will not be able to obtain an IP address, and, accordingly, connect to the network.
The solution to the problem is to enable this feature if it is disabled. To do this, go back to the router settings and open the advanced settings. Now we are interested in a window called “Network”. In it, go to the “LAN” section. These are local network settings.
This is where you can enable or disable DHCP. It is worth noting that to enable the function, the “Mode” line should be set to “Allow”. Below is the range of IP addresses, you can also change it. After enabling the DHCP function, apply the parameters and save the changes. It is also recommended to reboot the router. After that, try to connect your phone again.
What to do if Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
Modern television receivers with the Smart-TV option make it possible not only to watch TV broadcasts, but also to use the Internet. As a result, televisions have become multifunctional devices. To make full use of TV sets with the Smart-TV function, you need a connection to the global network. The easiest way to access the Internet is through a router. As a rule, there are no problems with this. But it may so happen that the TV receiver is not connected to Wi-Fi. You can solve this problem for the most part on your own. The main thing is to find the cause of the malfunction and eliminate it.
Full data zeroing
An additional trick to implement a factory reset is to go to the support section. Then you need to go to self-diagnosis and enter the “Reset” menu. Sometimes the system may ask you to enter a password. As a rule, it is 0000.
Another way to reset is through the Smart Hub self-diagnosis menu. In certain modifications, the option is spelled out specifically in this way. The main problem is that the reset options are directly dependent on the type of TV receiver model. It is not possible to describe all of them within the boundaries of one article.
Auto setup of connection on Smart-TV
Let’s take a Samsung K-series TV set as a sample. To set up a wireless connection on it in auto mode, you do not need to enter the IP address and other network parameters, you just need to do a few steps.
- Enter the settings menu using the remote control or buttons on the TV case.
- Open the “Network” tab in the left pane of the settings menu.
- Select “Network settings” in the window that opens.
- If it is established that the TV is connected to the network via a network cable, in the drop-down menu “Select the type of network” you must select “Cable”, then the setting will end. When using a wireless connection, it indicates “Wireless”.
- It will take a while for the TV receiver to find available wireless networks. When scanning is complete, the Wi-Fi networks available for connection appear on the TV screen. Choosing your network.
- If the TV receiver has not previously connected to a Wi-Fi network, then you will need to enter it on the next page of connection settings.
- We put a tick next to “Show password” so as not to get confused when entering a password from a Wi-Fi network.
- If the password is correct and the TV and / or router are functioning normally, a message will appear on the TV screen about the successful connection to the Wi-Fi network.
- The fact that there is a connection to the network will be indicated by an icon in the upper area of the screen. If there is a connecting line (orange dots) between the planet icon and the router icon, then the TV has a network connection. Setup finished.
Setting in auto mode is possible only when a DHCP server is connected on the router (an option that allows you to connect to the Internet without the need to enter network parameters manually).
If the DHCP server is not enabled, it can be activated, which requires reconfiguring the router. The situation can be corrected by adjusting the TV receiver’s network parameters in manual mode.
Let’s consider an example of setting up a Wi-Fi connection on a Samsung Smart-TV UE-series.
- Open the TV receiver settings menu, go to the “Network” tab, then select the “Network Settings” section.
- We select in the next window “Next”.
- If the TV is connected to the Internet via a cable, select the “Cable” item from the “Select the type of network connection” list. If the connection is via Wi-Fi, select “Wireless. (general) “, then click on the” Next “button.
- A list of available networks appears on the TV screen. We choose our.
- In the next window, enter the password for the Wi-Fi network, click “Next” to connect.
- If the TV receiver is able to get the network parameters from the router, a window will appear with information.
- If the fields “IP-address”, “Subnet mask”, “Gateway” and “DNS server” contain values, simply click the “Next” button to complete the connection settings. In case of a different development of events, click the “IP Settings” button to enter the proper network parameters manually.
- In the next window in the “IP Mode” menu, select the “Manual” parameter. Fields with network parameters will appear on the TV screen.
- All fields will need to be filled in according to the settings of the router. They can be seen, for example, in the properties of the network connection on a PC or smartphone connected to the same router. Make the same settings in the TV receiver, excluding the IP address (you need to change the last number in it).
Reset network in Smart-TV settings
This option is not present in all modifications of TV receivers from Samsung. In more modern models, it comes across. To reset the system, you need to open the general section in the menu and go to the “Network” item. After that, you need to find the “Reset settings” option and run it. After such a command, the TV will return to factory settings. After the performed procedures, it will be necessary to check the Internet access again.
Important! After the settings are reset, the system should automatically turn off the TV receiver.
If this does not happen, you need to do it manually. Before starting to use the TV set again, it will be preferable if it has been left off for some time (about 10 minutes). Subsequently, you can check the Internet access.
Why does not it pick up the signal?
One of the main difficulties that owners of Samsung Smart TV TV receivers face is the problem with the Internet connection. And if everything functions steadily when the TV set is connected to the network via cable, then difficulties arise with the connection via Wi-Fi. For example, users often complain that there is no Wi-Fi in the Samsung TV receiver settings, it does not see (does not search, does not find) wireless networks or does not connect to Wi-Fi.
In some episodes, after connecting to the router in the Smart TV menu of the Samsung TV, there is no access to the network in the browser and applications. This is an error connecting to the server or the Internet (“no network connection”, “network not connected”) in various applications.
There are times when, for example, the Internet disappeared only on YouTube, or the pages of the websites do not open in the browser of the TV receiver, or the Internet worked and suddenly stopped.
When we talk about connecting via a wireless network, we must be aware that not only a television receiver, but also a router can be the cause of any difficulties. The very procedure for connecting a Samsung device to Wi-Fi is very simple. First of all, you need to make sure whether there is Wi-Fi in your TV receiver at all. Many Samsung TVs (usually older ones) with the Smart TV option do not have an integrated Wi-Fi unit. Such devices can be connected to the network either via an external USB receiver (brand, exclusively from Samsung) or via an Ethernet cable.
Versatile troubleshooting methods
Due to the difference in the modifications of TV receivers, the emerging problems can be solved in different ways. Nevertheless, there are universal ways.