If your TV software is outdated and you start to experience frequent errors when connecting to Wi-Fi, updating the firmware will help. It is done in several ways:
- over the Internet using a cable connection;
- using a disk or flash drive.
How to correctly perform the manipulation depends on the brand of the receiver.
For LG TV
To update the firmware, follow these steps:
- log into the official website of the brand;
- drive in the name of the model of the device;
- redirected to the “Support” sub-item;
- open the “Software” tab;
- the newest option is selected from the presented list;
- download software to a laptop or computer;
- a new folder is created on the screen, where the downloaded file is sent;
- the folder is copied to the drive, after which it is inserted into the corresponding slot of the device;
- confirm the process of updating the program after a request by the system.
Moving the router
If the TV cannot connect to the Internet, the router may be in the wrong position. It is recommended to place the router closer to the receiver. You should also install the device so that there are no obstacles to the signal flow between the devices.
For any TV using a USB stick
To update the software using a USB flash drive, proceed as follows:
- log into the official website of the company and download a new version of the software;
- formatting the drive on a computer or laptop in the FAT32 system;
- copy the downloaded file to a USB flash drive;
- click on “Extract”, which starts unpacking the file;
- after the completion of the process, the USB flash drive is removed from the socket;
- the drive is installed in the TV connector;
- enter the device menu;
- redirected to the “Support” sub-item;
- go to the “Software update” tab;
- click on the inscription “Update now”;
- the system makes a request to update the data, after which the action is confirmed;
- the process of detecting the firmware on the flash drive starts, after which they click on the “Update” inscription.
After that, the software update process begins. When the procedure is complete, the instrument will automatically reboot.
Changing the connection method
If the TV has stopped connecting to WI-FI, it is recommended to select the method of connecting to the Internet using WPS technology. This helps to quickly access the Internet from the device. The WPS option is activated both on the TV and on the router. Thanks to this, the connection to the network will be established within a couple of minutes.
If the WPS option was used by default, but you cannot connect to the Internet, then it is recommended to set all parameters manually.
For Samsung TVs
To perform the procedure for a device of this brand, proceed as follows:
- enter the TV menu;
- redirected to the “Support” subsection;
- goes to the “Firmware update” menu;
- click on the inscription “Update now”;
- if a new firmware is available, a request will appear on the monitor to perform the procedure, and then click on the “Yes” button;
- when the software installation is complete, the TV is restarted.
TV does not connect to WI-FI: Samsung and LG cannot see the network
Modern TVs with Smart-TV function allow not only watching TV programs, but also going online. As a result, receivers have become multifunctional devices. To fully enjoy TVs with Smart TVs, an internet connection is required.
The easiest way to access the network is with a router. Usually there is no problem with this. However, it may happen that the TV does not connect to WI-FI. In most cases, you can solve this problem yourself. The main thing is to find the cause of the problem and fix it.
Is the adapter working?
To begin with, no matter how ridiculous it may sound, check if your TV has a built-in WI-FI module. Have you checked? If there is an adapter, let’s find out if it works using Samsung TV as an example:
- Through the menu we go to “Support”, then to “Contact Samsung”.
- If the MAC address section is empty (there are zeros or dashes), then the module is not working.
If this is the order, you are convinced that the adapter is working properly, then read on.
Correct TV connection to Wi-Fi
First of all, you should make sure that the TV is connected to Wi-Fi correctly. To avoid problems with the connection, you need to perform a certain sequence of actions:
- Turn on the router and make sure that the Wi-Fi network is working and available for connection.
- Go to TV settings.
- Select the “Network” section.
- Click on the line “Network settings”.
- In the item “Connection type” put a tick next to the inscription: “Wireless connection”.
Correct TV connection to Wi-Fi
Next, you should check if you can go online. In case of failure, you need to consider possible solutions to the problem, which will be described below.
Manual data entry
If the connection to Wi-Fi is unsuccessful, you must manually enter the detailed data for the connection (you can find them in the router settings). Data entry is performed as follows:
- In the TV settings, select the “Network”. “Network Settings” section.
- Find the item “Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection Settings”.
- Select manual setting mode.
- In the line “IP-address” enter any value from the range of the home network (it is better to check this data with your provider).
- In the line “Subnet mask” write the value that will be used by clients of the home network (usually 255.255.255.0.).
- In the “Gateway” line, enter the IP address of the router.
Check with your ISP for the settings and try to enter manually
The subnet mask and gateway can be found using any PC connected to the router. To do this, open the command line (WinR. cmd. Enter) and enter the command ipconfig / all, then press Enter.
Any other TV
On devices from other manufacturers (Sony, Philips, etc.), the update process does not differ significantly from the previous ones. You need to act like this:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website and download the new firmware for your model.
- The flash drive must first be formatted in the FAT32 system, and then drop the downloaded file there.
- Click on “Extract” to unpack the file.
- After unpacking, remove the USB flash drive from the computer and insert it into the USB connector of the TV.
- Go to the settings and select the “Support” section.
- Find the item “Software update” and click the line “Update now”.
- The system will display a request, it must be confirmed.
- The device will search for the firmware file on the USB flash drive, after detecting it, it will display the inscription: “Update”, which should also be pressed.
The update process will start, after which the TV should automatically restart.
Reset network in TV settings
This function is not available on all TVs, for example, only new models support it on Samsung devices.
To reset the network, you need to go to the settings and select the “General”. “Network” section. There you need to find the item “Reset network settings” and confirm the action. After reset, try to connect again.
Resetting network settings on newer Samsung TVs
To update the firmware, proceed as follows:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website and find the model of your device through the search.
- Find the item “Support” and select the tab “Drivers, firmware and software”.
- A list of firmware will open, among which you need to select the newest one and download it to your PC.
- The firmware should be thrown into a new folder, and then copy this folder to the USB flash drive.
- Next, insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector and wait until the device sees the proposed firmware.
- The system will start the software update process and display a request for confirmation of this action, with which you must agree.
LG TV software update
The firmware update guide for these devices looks like this:
- Go to settings and select the “Support” section.
- Find the item “Software Update” and click the line “Update Now”.
- The device will connect to the manufacturer’s server and check if new firmware is available.
- If a new firmware version is found, the TV will ask you to confirm the firmware has been completed.
- After installing new software, the device needs to be rebooted.
Samsung TV software update
Checking for Wi-Fi on your TV
Oddly enough, but first of all, you need to check if your TV supports a Wi-Fi connection. If you are sure of the presence of a wireless connection, then you can proceed to the next item.
To check the availability of Wi-Fi, you need to use the following tips:
- If your TV does not support Wi-Fi, then in its settings there will be no “Wireless connection” item at all, or it will be inactive (highlighted in gray). Sometimes the device asks to connect an external USB adapter.
- If you go to the settings along the path “Support”. “About this TV”, you can see information about the MAC addresses. As a rule, in the absence of Wi-Fi support, the line “MAC address of the wireless Internet” will be filled with zeros, the same numbers, or this line will not be at all.
Check your MAC address information
Some smart TV models (mostly older ones) do not have built-in Wi-Fi. Thus, they can be connected to the Internet using a network cable, or through an external Wi-Fi adapter.
Determining if the built-in Wi-fi fails
Before you start troubleshooting, you need to make sure that the TV is equipped with a Wi-fi signal reception function. To do this, you just need to look at the instructions. If the user manual does not mention the built-in wireless network module, then you need to additionally purchase a special device with this function. It looks like a regular flash drive and is inserted, respectively, into the USB connector.
But in cases where the multimedia device supports wireless data transmission technology, and there is still no signal, you should diagnose the Wi-fi module itself. The algorithm of actions includes the following stages:
- It is possible to carry out the check using a device that supports a Wi-fi connection. Any smartphone will do. If the phone detects the network, then the module is working properly;
- You can check the health of the built-in Wi-fi using the main menu of the device. In the window that opens, you should find the “Support” section, where you need to find a line with MAC addresses. The module does not work if there are dashes, zeros or other characters.
Checking the compatibility of network standards
There are situations when there is no required one in the list of available networks. It turns out that the router does not work according to the prescribed standards, but according to strangers that the TV saw. There are 4 types of standards: G, N, AC, 802.11B. The newest devices support the AC standard and operate at 5 GHz, while the other 3. at 2.4 GHz, and are intended for older models. So it turns out that outdated samples do not see the network due to frequency incompatibility. Fortunately, the situation is easy to fix. It is enough to reconfigure the frequency range from 5 to 2.4 GHz. Thus, the new Wi-fi router will start transmitting the signal while the old one is clean. To do this, in the control panel you need to find the Dual Band item, where the numbers are replaced.
Updating the software
Another way to check the health of the wireless module is to update the TV firmware. This manipulation can be carried out in 2 ways:
- Using a special cable (LAN-wire), because the procedure cannot be completed without access to the Internet. If updates are found during the search, they must be installed;
- With the help of previously downloaded information to an external medium (USB flash drive). It is connected to the TV via USB and the data is updated. But first, you need to download the latest firmware from the official website of the TV manufacturer to an external drive.
IMPORTANT! During the software update, the device must not be disconnected from the mains, otherwise the data will not be installed correctly, and the procedure will have to be repeated.
Not all TVs support installing updated firmware from an external storage device. The only way out is a wired internet connection.
Resetting to default settings
The easiest and most effective method is to factory reset. However, it is worth using it in extreme cases, if none of the above methods solved the problem. It should be remembered that other previously installed custom settings will also be replaced with the standard ones. In other words, you will have to customize the TV “for yourself” from scratch.
IMPORTANT! Before resetting the settings, you need to make sure that the router is in good working order and is in working order.
In the TV menu, you need to find the item “Reset to factory settings”, select it and confirm the action by clicking the “Update” button. There will be a complete update of the information, the multimedia device will reboot and display the start page, where you need to re-enter data and configure the functionality.
What to do if the TV won’t connect to Wi-fi
If the above methods did not find an error, then the problem is different.
The TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router
Televisions have long ceased to be solely a means of receiving and reproducing television signals. Modern models have a number of additional useful options that allow you to expand the functionality of a multimedia device. Among them, a special place is occupied by the possibility of accessing the Internet. Thanks to this, the receiver ceases to be a conventional electronic device capable of displaying only transmitted pictures on the screen using loudspeakers. Such advanced units are called Smart TV or “smart TVs”.
You can connect to the World Wide Web in two ways: via a LAN cable or using a Wi-fi network. The first is considered less attractive and unsafe because involves the use of a large number of wires that need to be hidden somewhere. And this does not look very aesthetically pleasing from the point of view of space ergonomics.
The best option is to use a wireless network. The latest TV models come with this feature by default, so they are in high demand among buyers. However, according to statistics, incidents occur with these samples. The TV does not connect to the Internet. the main problem faced by the happy owners of “smart technology”. A reasonable question is brewing: “Why doesn’t the TV connect to the Wi-fi router?” To find the answer to it, you need to deal with the cause and eliminate the malfunction. You can do this on your own. How, read in the article.
The main causes of problems connecting a TV to a Wi-fi router
In fact, there may be several reasons why there is no connection to the network through a router. To identify them, it is necessary to diagnose the device to identify problems. The main problems include:
- Initially incorrect configuration of network equipment;
- Receiver software glitches;
- Problems with the service provider. provider;
- The settings of the Smart Hub service are down;
- Incorrect installation and setup of the Smart TV.
IMPORTANT! It is necessary to locate the Wi-fi router as close as possible to the TV and away from devices that can create electromagnetic interference: microwave ovens, electric kettles, cordless phones, etc.
Troubleshooting DNS Server Errors
This method is especially relevant for Samsung TVs. Accessing the Internet and multimedia content through the Smart Hub becomes difficult when Samsung‘s servers are overloaded. When specifying your DNS server addresses, the connection to Internet resources will be made directly, without using the manufacturer’s infrastructure.
DNS server addresses are specified in the provider’s support. You can also use the free public DNS. This service is provided by Google, Yandex, OpenDNS. For example, to use Google’s address servers, it is enough to enter the IP of the main server: 126.96.36.199 and the additional one: 188.8.131.52. If there is no text field for entering an alternative server, enter only the first address in the DNS settings.
Checking the router
If the TV does not see the signal from the router, then the reasons for this may be in the settings of the router. To eliminate the malfunction, proceed as follows:
- log in to the control panel;
- redirected to the “DHCP” subsection;
- check if the DHCP server is enabled.
It is recommended to check the security in the router parameters as well. If the client MAC address recognition feature is enabled, it should be disabled. How to do this depends on the brand of the router.
To find out the MAC address of your TV, you need:
- go to the “Installation” section;
- select the column “Network settings manually”;
- go to the subsection “View network settings”;
- click on the inscription “Start”.
For the LG TV, the following manipulations are performed:
- go to the settings menu;
- redirected to the “Support” section;
- click on the inscription “Product Information”.
Updating the TV’s firmware
Smart TV firmware needs to be updated in a timely manner. Errors can accumulate in the process of work, as a result of which difficulties arise when connecting to the Internet via WI-FI. Depending on the TV model, the update can be done in several ways:
- Through a wireless network;
- Using the cable Internet;
- Via an external USB storage device (USB flash drive or hard drive).
If WI-FI does not work on Smart TV, use the second or third option to download the new software version. Detailed instructions for updating the software are usually posted on the website of the company that released the TV. Possible names of the required section: “Help”, “Support” or “Help Center”.
How To Fix a Samsung TV that Won’t Connect to WiFi
While the utility is running, it is important not to disconnect or de-energize the device. Any interruption may affect the further functionality of the Smart TV. Do not use third-party firmware to avoid loss of warranty service.
How to connect to Wi-Fi?
In order for the TV to work with the existing router, the correct parameters must be set in its network settings. If we talk about a wired connection to the router, then you need to check the accuracy of the entered (or automatically established) IP address, default gateway, DNS server and subnet mask. When connecting wirelessly, in addition to the above parameters, you need to make sure that there is a connection to the Wi-Fi network, for which you need a password.
All modifications of Samsung Smart-TVs are configured in approximately the same way. The only difference is the order of entering the necessary settings through the menu. Let’s look at some examples.
Finding problems with a WI-FI router
If you are having difficulty connecting to a wireless network, the router settings may be incorrect. To change them, go to the control panel. Click the DHCP tab and make sure the DHCP server is enabled and working properly. Disabling it will not automatically assign a local IP address to the TV and other network devices. Normal routing and internet access will not be possible.
Check the “Security” tab in the router settings. If client MAC filtering is enabled, disable it. On routers ASUS, TP-Link, D-Link, Huawei and some other manufacturers, the MAC address of any device can be whitelisted. In the future, the connections of devices from this list will not be blocked, so the normal operation of WI-FI on the TV will be restored.
The MAC address of Smart TV is specified in the settings. The exact path differs depending on the brand, on most TVs of popular manufacturers, the necessary information is in the menu:
- Samsung: “Support. Contact Samsung. Arrow to down. Wireless MAC “.
- LG: “Setting. Support. Product Information “.
- Philips: “Installation. Manual network configuration. View network settings. Start”.
Important! After adding MAC address of Smart TV to the “white list” or changing other parameters of the router, restart it. To do this, use the menu item “System” or “System Tools”. You can also use the power button on the case or temporarily disconnect the device from the outlet.
Violation of the Wi-Fi network in the 5 GHz range
If the Samsung TV does not see WI-FI in the 5 GHz range, then this may be due to the fact that this model lacks or has disabled support for the old network format. The speed at a frequency of 5 GHz is much higher, which means that the work of programs, video and other applications is better.
However, this system has certain nuances:
- The TV device must have support for 802.11ac wireless Internet. Whether there is such a possibility, you can see by the characteristics or by contacting the manufacturer’s technical support;
- The router must be dual-band with a distribution function at a frequency of 5 GHz.
If the above steps are completed, but the TV still does not see the Wi-Fi network, then the matter is in the channel. Going into the settings of the router, you will need to set one of four channels: 36, 40, 44 or 48.
Important! If the problem still persists, you should try resetting the network settings or resetting the TV itself.
Reboot TV and router
The first steps that need to be taken if WI-FI does not work on the TV is to reboot the Smart TV and the router. The malfunction can be programmatic and can be easily corrected by reinitializing the device drivers. To restart the TV, turn it off and on again. Some experts also recommend removing the plug from the electrical outlet and then plugging it back in. This advice makes sense for those TVs that remain connected to the local network even after the screen is turned off.
During the reboot of the router, you must wait 10-20 seconds between turning off and on. During this time, the previous Internet session will be closed on the provider’s side. Therefore, the connection will be made anew, with the settings reset to zero. When Smart TV and router turn on again, try to connect WI-FI.
Resetting TV and router settings
Resetting the network parameters is quite simple. As an example, let’s take a look at the step-by-step instructions for Samsung Smart TV:
- Turn on the TV device.
- Press the buttons quickly in the appropriate sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power to open the system menu.
- Select the “Option” section by pressing the Enter button.
- Activate the “Factory Reset” function.
- Turn off the TV to close the service menu.
Turn on the TV and re-configure the device, having previously changed the name of the home network and the password to it.
If you still can’t connect to Wi-Fi, do the following:
Samsung Smart TV Won’t Connect to Wifi Fix it Now
- manually change the DNS value to parameters: 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. First you need to disable the “DHCP” option on the router;
- open the main menu, and then the section “Control”, switch to the subsection “Sub Option”, and then to the tab “RF Mute Time”. Set the frequency with which you will switch to the next TV channel (you need to specify the time in milliseconds). Initially set to 600 milliseconds.
If you are still not connected to the network via Wi-Fi, you need to reset the router settings. It is very easy to do this, but you should only do it if you are sure that you can configure it again. When turning on the router, press and hold the WPS / Reset button (about 10 seconds) until the SYS indicator starts flashing quickly. Release the button and wait for the device to roll back to the basic parameters.
Broken Wi-Fi adapter
To determine the probable cause of a malfunctioning wireless module, inspect the TV for mechanical damage. Check device performance and health.
Not all Samsung TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, check if the required module is present. All information is indicated in the user manual and technical specifications. You can always get an external adapter for later setting up a connection to a Wi-Fi network. It plugs into the USB interface.
If the TV is equipped with a built-in module, then the functionality of the hardware component is checked as follows:
- Try connecting to your home network from your smartphone or tablet. If it fails to connect from another device, it means that the built-in Wi-Fi module is not working. Contact the specialists so that they can solve the problem.
- Open the main menu on your TV by clicking on the “Support” option. Now select “Contact Samsung”. Scroll down the web page. The corresponding numbers will be indicated in the MAC address line. If the combination consists of zeros or dashes, then the module is faulty.
Sometimes Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet due to incorrect settings that were set by the user. You can reset them. How to do it? Find out now.
What to do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Thanks to setting up an Internet connection, the Smart TV platform has become extremely popular. Mostly users buy devices that support this function. However, what if the Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Why this problem appears and how can it be solved?
There are several types of faults. For example, the TV does not see the router, or the desired network is detected, but the TV device does not connect to it. Now let’s analyze the failures in the wireless connection to the Internet.
Very often, connection problems arise through the fault of the user. Not everyone knows how to connect a TV to a home network.
Quick guide for connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
To determine the causes of problems with connecting to wireless networks, you must first carefully study the main features of setting up a Wi-Fi interface. It cannot be ruled out that the TV is not connected to the router due to incorrect user actions. Follow the simple instructions:
- Turn on the router.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu of the TV.
- Go to the “Network” subsection, and then select “Network Settings”.
- Choose the best connection method. “Wireless Connection”.
- Connect to your home wireless network.
- Enter your password and click “OK”.
The step-by-step guide clearly demonstrates that connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi is a very simple and straightforward process. Users shouldn’t have any problems.
What to do if the Internet was there, but then stopped working? It is necessary to determine the cause of the failure. Based on this, remedial measures are determined.
Changing the location of the router
What to do if the TV does not see the router or the Internet periodically disappears. The signal quality directly depends on the distance between the TV and the router. Walls, furniture. all these are obstacles that negatively affect the quality of the connection.
Therefore, if the TV does not find your home network, then try placing the router a little closer. This applies to cases when the TV and the router are in different rooms, which are separated by a large corridor.
After changing the location of the router, the TV will see the home network. The user does not have to look for alternative ways to solve this problem. The solution is very simple and does not require any special skills.
Possible problems and solutions
Why won’t the TV connect to my home network? There are many reasons. Sometimes it is extremely difficult even for a professional technician to determine the cause of the failure. Let’s consider the main prerequisites for the emergence of problems with the Internet:
- the network equipment is configured incorrectly;
- Smart TV settings are incorrectly set;
- problems with the operating system of the TV;
- problems with the provider;
- weak signal.
To quickly understand why the Internet is not working, take a look at this table, which contains the main reasons for the lack of connection and how to fix the failures.
Turn off the router and TV, and then turn it on again; reset network settings; install operating system updates.
The user is connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
Go back to the network settings section and then select the name of your home network
Re-enter the security code in the appropriate field
Incorrect operation of the dynamic configuration of the network node
Configure automatic assignment of DNS values and IP address settings. Go to “Network”, then to the “Network Status” tab. Select “Configure IP” and then set the value to “Obtain Automatically”. The problem persists? Enter the settings manually: IP, mask, gateway, DNS. this information is provided by the provider.
Software glitch and system errors in TV operation
The issue is fixed by updating the firmware
In order for the router to distribute a signal without errors or failures, place the router as far away from sources that emit electromagnetic waves as possible: cordless phones, microwave ovens and other devices.
Connecting Samsung TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi is not much different from connecting devices released by other popular manufacturers. The only difference is the different names of the subsections of the main menu.
For Smart TV services to function correctly and without any disruptions, you need to update the software in a timely manner. There are 2 main methods for updating the operating system firmware: via the Internet or using a flash drive. Step-by-step instructions for installing updates on Samsung TV from a USB flash drive:
- Open the official web portal of the manufacturer.
- Enter the model name of the device you are using in the search bar.
- Switch to the “Support” tab.
- Go to the “Software” section.
- Select the latest firmware from the drop-down list.
- Follow the link to download the update files.
- Create a folder “Samsung_dTV”, and then upload the downloaded files there.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV.
- The system will automatically offer to install system updates.
- Click on the “Run” button.
Never turn off the TV until the update installation process is complete. It is advisable to use an uninterruptible power supply. Since voltage drops cannot be ruled out.
Now you know what to do if Wi-Fi is missing on your Samsung TV. If the TV device stops picking up the signal or the Internet speed is very poor, use one of the listed solutions.
If the user connected an external Wi-Fi adapter, and the TV does not see the device, then this indicates a compatibility problem. To avoid such difficulties, buy only branded devices. It is advisable to purchase a device from the same company as the TV.
Causes of the problem
Why does the TV not connect to the WI-FI router:
- incorrect settings of network equipment or TV itself;
- errors in the Smart TV operating system;
- problems on the part of the provider (technical work);
- weak signal.
Samsung appliances connect to the Internet in the same way as devices from other manufacturers. Only the interface and menu names differ.
Connecting Samsung to the Internet.
What to do if your TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi?
New Smart TVs are interesting in that they are connected to the Internet, which expands their functionality. Such TV sets are used not only for watching TV programs, but also for visiting websites, playing games, listening to music, communicating on social networks, watching videos, including streaming (streaming), and so on. You can connect your equipment to the Internet using wireless and wired technology. Usually they choose the first one, since the absence of wires is an additional convenience. Sometimes the TV does not connect to WI-FI, and there may be several reasons for this. The article will talk about ways to restore the connection.
Using a different WI-FI connection method
If before that you connected to the network by entering a password, then there is another method called WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). This quick connection mode is turned on on the TV and on the router (through the settings or by pressing a special button on the case).
If WPS was used initially, but now the connection is lost, they try to enter the information manually. This is the access key and the name of the network. TVs with old firmware do not always see hidden access points, so it is better to disable this option in the router settings.
The TV needs system updates in order for it to work correctly. If you do not download and install them, problems will begin to arise, including the lack of a network connection.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website.
- In the column “Search” enter the model of the TV receiver.
- Support Tab.
- Subsection “Software”.
- Download the latest update.
- The downloaded package is copied to a separate folder, and it is written to a USB flash drive.
- The USB stick is inserted into the TV jack.
- The operating system will detect the media and offer to update the software.
- “Settings”. “Support”. “Firmware Upgrade”. “Upgrade Now”.
- A search will begin, after which a request will appear on the screen to install a new version. press “Ok”.
- When the system files are installed, the TV will reboot.
If it is not possible to update Samsung Smart TV over the Internet, a method of downloading the update to a USB flash drive is useful:
- Go to the manufacturer’s website, download the latest update.
- The USB flash drive is inserted into a PC or laptop, formatted in FAT
- The downloaded update package is copied to a USB flash drive and press “Extract”.
- After unpacking, the drive is removed and inserted into the TV connector.
- Using the remote control, go to “Menu”. “Support”. “Software update”. “Update now”.
- A request will appear, which is confirmed, click “Update” and wait for the installation to complete.
For TVs from other manufacturers, such as DEXP, Toshiba or Hisense, the procedure is the same.
Correct setup or reset
Newer Samsung TVs have the option to reset network settings. To do this, go to “Settings”. “Network” and select the item “Reset network settings”. After that, they try to connect using a new.
If the TV does not see WI-FI, they try to set up the Internet manually. First, they go into the settings of the router and see if the DHCP server is disabled, then this is the reason. Its function is autodetection of parameters.
- On the TV go to “Settings”. “Network”. “Manual Setting”.
- They indicate the IP address from the local range of the router, which can be found in its menu.
- “Subnet mask”. enter the value “255.255.255.0” here.
- “Gateway” is the IP of the router (“192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1.”).
Sometimes a full reset of the TV settings (to factory settings) helps. The procedure differs depending on the manufacturer of the equipment:
- LG. “Settings”. “Advanced”. “General”. “Reset to factory settings”;
- Samsung. “Settings”. “Support”. “Self-diagnosis”. “Reset”;
- Panasonic. “Settings”. “System menu”. “Initial settings”;
- Philips. “Configuration”. “TV settings”. “Factory settings”;
- Sony. “Settings”. “Storage reset”. “Factory data reset”.
With a full reset, not only the network parameters will be “zeroed”, but also the settings for the image, sound and other options, so it is recommended to rewrite them before starting the procedure.
Reboot TV and router
If only the TV is missing Wi-Fi, the first thing to do to troubleshoot is to restart it. To do this, just turn it off and on. If, after turning off the screen, the TV remains connected to the network, it is turned off by pulling the plug out of the socket.
When rebooting the router, wait about 20 seconds between turning it off and on, during which the previous Internet session will be terminated. That is, the connection will be “reset” and the equipment will start with new settings.
What to do
First of all, they check that the Internet does not work only on TV or on other devices. If there is no network, feel free to call the provider to clarify the information.