Manual search: instruction
Here’s how to manually tune digital channels on a Samsung TV:
- Go to the menu, choose a cable instead of an antenna.
- Click in the item country. Eastern Europe.
- If necessary, enter the pin code: 0000, 1111, 1234.
- In the parameters, select the frequency limits from 298 to 362 thousand kHz.
- Go to the settings and set the channel type to “digital”.
- In the search mode, put “network” and press the search for available options.
- Save found channels.
Unnecessary programs can be removed if necessary. To do this, just go to the “Broadcast” subsection and open the “Dispatcher” there. Removal goes through the “Tools” button.
What to do if the TV does not see channels when searching
Auto setup for digital TV on Samsung doesn’t always go smoothly. The causes of failures may lie in the antenna, receiver, and the correct connection of the TV to the equipment. To eliminate and restart autosearch, you must:
- Check if the receiver is connected to the TV correctly. If the connection is incorrect, the TV does not recognize the device and when you press HDMI 1, the information “no signal” will be displayed.
- Reset receiver settings to factory settings. perform a complete reboot. To do this, go to the menu, find the item “Settings” and “Reset” or “Restore factory settings.” If a password is required, enter 0000, 1111 or 1234.
- Try reconfiguring or reconnecting the antenna. You can purchase a signal booster that will provide a good connection. Consider the location of the house in relation to the tower. The further it is, the more the antenna is needed.
The exact recommendations for advanced digital TV settings on Samsung TV vary by hardware model.
Steps for setting up channels on Smart TV
“Smart TVs” are considered the most modern and high-quality models. They adjust automatically depending on the type of signal. Most modern TVs support Smart broadcasting. To clarify the information, you can go to the official website of the manufacturer.
The broadcast quality depends on the speed of the home Internet. Setting up digital television on a Samsung Smart TV follows the steps below:
No additional configuration is required. If the signal and quality of the Internet is poor, there will be interference on all channels.
Features of viewing channels through a set-top box
When choosing a digital set-top box, you should pay attention to the connecting cable connected to the TV. See which connectors you have: HDMI 2.0 or 2.1, tulips. Purchase an adapter to connect the set-top box and TV.
How to connect and configure the set-top box
Before setting up digital television on Samsung TVs through a set-top box, you need to assemble and connect the equipment. To do this, do:
- Check the antenna installation, which should be matched with the attachment. Installation and adjustment instructions are included with the equipment. Cellular operators offer cable connection through a common wire in the entrance.
- Select and purchase a suitable receiver. It is selected by the number of additional options. There are options with the ability to record information, media player function, scheduler, TimeShift.
- Look at the option of connecting the receiver to TV: tulips, HDMI, antenna cable. Get an adapter.
- Connect the equipment and turn it on. Adjust the 20 basic channels available for free viewing.
If you want to watch more channels, you will have to buy a special CAM module for the receiver with an antenna. Then the number of TV shows will depend on the selected package.
Manual for models with a DVB-T2 tuner
Digital broadcasting on modern TVs that receive signals without a set-top box must be configured through the menu. It is better to run auto-tuning, which will automatically read all available TV programs and save them under numbers. If you choose the “manual” option, you will have to tune each channel for a long time.
Instructions for tuning digital channels on Samsung TVs with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner in automatic mode:
- Go to the TV menu. Looking for the section “Broadcasts”.
- Open the item “Auto-tuning”.
- Indicate the signal source: antenna, cable, satellite.
- Determine the type of channels. choose digital broadcasting.
- Click on the “Search” button and select the “Full” option and “Scan”.
- You are waiting for the configuration to complete. Find “Save” and enjoy digital.
There are situations when automatic tuning does not work, then you have to search and save channels manually.
How to find out the model and year of the TV
Setting up digital channels on Samsung begins with specifying the year of release and the TV model. This can be done in 2 ways: go to the TV menu or look at the label on the back panel.
- Through the TV menu. Find the “Menu” button on the remote control. Select “Support”. Then, “contact Samsung.” A screen will open with the item “model code”.
- On the device label. The information is written in the form of a code, where each letter has its own meaning, for example, UE32F6800. The information is deciphered as follows:
- UE. TV type: UE / LE. liquid crystal, PS / PE. plasma.
- 32. diagonal, varies from 19 to 105 inches.
- F. year of manufacture, its classification: A. 2008, B. 09, C. 10, D. 11, ES / EH. 12, F / FH. 13, H / HU. 14, J / JU / JS. 15, K / KU / KS. 16, M / MU / Q / LS. 17, N / NU. 2018, S. premium variants of different years.
- 6800. digital designation of TV modification.
When the model is determined, check if it supports digital signal reception without a special attachment.
During 2019, the broadcasting of analogue channels was turned off in Russia. A smooth transition in different regions was given from 1 to 3 months. New TVs on Bosch did not need to purchase set-top boxes, the old ones needed additional equipment. But, despite the duration and smoothness of the transition, not all users have learned how to tune digital channels on Samsung TVs.
Setting up on LG TVs
Along with the equipment from the renowned company “Samsung”, LG systems are also popular. Consider how to tune digital channels on such a TV:
- Press the Menu button on the remote control (remote control).
- Find the “Settings” tab on the screen, select it.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Options” tab, click “OK”.
- Set your country.
- Go to the “Autosearch” section, confirm your choice.
- You need to select the type of connection. Selecting “Cable”.
Important! If the system does not put you before the choice of connecting to TV. repeat step 4, indicating another country.
If you did everything correctly, then you will have all the available channels of digital and analog TV.
Setting up digital TV on Samsung
Digital TV has become popular since its inception. And there are reasons for this:
- It is enough to perform the tuning once, and you will never have to adjust any antennas, and you do not need to reconfigure your TV to watch something else.
- This type of television does not have any interference, but if any problems with the signal arise, then you will not be able to watch the programs.
- Television of this format (DTV format) DTV is extremely popular among the population.
- To configure the channels, it is not necessary to call a specialist, everyone can do it on their own. One of the requirements is that the model supports DVB-C tuner standards.
Important! All modern devices from Samsung are equipped with such standards. Even older models are not deprived of this trend.
Therefore, we will now talk about setting up “numbers” on TVs “Samsung”.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV if you have lost TV channels? There is nothing complicated here. Read the simple and understandable instructions to make sure of this:
- Turn on the TV.
- Visit the menu and open the “Channel” section.
- Open the item “Country”.
- If the TV requires a pin, then try entering the classic passwords: 0000, 1234, 1111.
- TV setup takes place in the “Other” tab.
- Go back and go to “Cable Search Options”.
- Here you must set the frequency equal to 290 MHz and the transmission rate, which is 6875 ks / s, and the modulation is about 256 QAM;
- Returns again and go to “Autotuning”.
- Select “Cable” as the signal source.
- We stop the selection on “Digital”.
Important! If you haven’t set up your analog TV yet, go to the Analog & Digital section.
Few facts about modern TV
It’s no secret that earlier all television broadcasting was analog. Digital and analog differ in the type of information transfer, above we have already talked about which of the types is better.
China and Russia were going to make a full transition to signal transmission using digital channels by 2015. But this was prevented by the large number of analogue transmitters still in operation. In 2016, the Minister of Communications made a statement that the broadcasting of analog TV would soon be discontinued (conditional date. 2018). The same trends are observed in other countries of the CIS and not only.
How to tune digital channels on a Samsung TV via an antenna?
How do many while away their time? Right behind the TV. Television is a great opportunity to spend leisure time with interest. And modern TV only meets the consumer halfway, increasing the “range” of functions every year. All television broadcasting will soon be digitalized, but why not start keeping up with the progress now? In this article, we will figure out how to manually tune digital channels on a Samsung TV (any series) through an indoor antenna, so that you do not have any difficulties in this process.
Setting up Samsung Smart TV
How do I install digital channels on my Samsung TV if it’s new? With Smart TVs, things are easier, and setting up an analog TV requires even fewer steps:
- Go to the Menu, go to the “Broadcast” tab.
- Just choose “Auto-tuning”.
- In the menu that opens, select “Auto-tuning” again.
- Poke the start key.
- In a new window, activate the full search mode, move to the “Scanner” section.
- Wait until all available channels are found, it catches and searches for channels, click “Close” at the end of the process.
Now no one can stop you from enjoying television.
What is digital television?
Many people are not even familiar with the concept itself. Digital television is an up-to-date method of transmitting and receiving signals in a compressed form, and it is completely free. It is with its help that today you can get a picture of flawless HD quality.
Such television has several advantages:
- The highest quality sound and picture. TV broadcasting is not afraid of interference.
- When installing, you do not need to rummage around and get tangled in extra wires, easy to set up.
- The variety of channels will satisfy the tastes of even the largest family.
- It is not necessary to call the installation wizards. Our instructions will clearly show that you can cope without difficulty yourself.
- With this TV you can surf the Internet.
to the content
Checking if your Samsung TV supports digital TV
Before starting to search for channels directly, let’s make sure that the TV set is generally capable of catching a “digital”. Samsung’s lineup includes many series and even more. individual models. Not all of them have a built-in digital tuner, and some, although they are equipped with it, are made for the old DVB-T standard, and not DVB-T2, which is now used in Russia.
To do this, enter the model number in the “Search” line. If you find one, you can proceed to setting.
Removing unnecessary channels and adjusting the order
To delete unneeded channels, proceed as follows:
- Open the menu, go to the settings section and select “Broadcast”.
- Go to “Change channels”.
- Using the “Enter” button, tick the boxes that should be deleted.
- In the side menu, select the “Delete” item.
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm and switch the TV to normal mode. Immediately after that, you can make sure that unnecessary channels are gone.
If we are talking about Samsung Smart TV, then removal is easier there:
- Using the “Smart Hub” button you need to go to the system hub.
- In the form with the listed channels, you need to select the editing section (usually it is on the right in the upper part of the table).
- Guided by the prompts of the system at each step, you can select all unnecessary TV channels and delete them.
As for the order of the channels, the TV arranges them in two ways:
- independently in the order in which I could find them during autotuning;
- using the list sent by the operator (as, for example, when connecting to NTV channels).
In the second case, sorting is impossible: you cannot reconfigure what the operator has set, you can only delete unnecessary channels. In the first, the sort looks like this:
- Go to the menu, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Broadcast” and enter the “Advanced Settings” tab.
- Select “Change. channel number ”and indicate“ Enable ”if the item is highlighted. If it is inactive, then go to the next step.
- Select “Change channel number” or go to the “Live broadcast” section (depending on the interface option).
- Here you need to open the “Channel List” tab and go to the “Channel Change” item.
- The desired TV channel is selected using the “Enter” button on the remote control, next to it the checkmark icon lights up.
- The item “Change number” is selected and using the arrow keys on the remote control the channel is dragged to a new place.
- Pressing “Enter” again removes the check mark, the result is fixed.
If necessary, the procedure is repeated the required number of times.
When sorting channels on Samsung TVs, one of their peculiarities should be taken into account: if the digital ones in the general list are signed and have names, then the analog ones are only serial numbers. Accordingly, when sorting, the picture will be as follows:
- Digital channels will move in the list, and one of them will take the position of the other.
- The list of analogue programs will not change, only another program will be received under the old number.
M, Q and LS series
After the cable from the room, street or general house antenna is connected, and the TV itself is turned on, you need to do the following:
- Turn on the general menu using the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Select the “Source” item. In it you need to specify the option “TV”.
- Turn on the menu again using the same button, select “Settings”.
- Go to the line “Broadcast” and select “Auto-tuning”.
- Click the Start button. A warning will appear on the screen stating that as a result the existing list of TV channels will be deleted.
- Select a signal source. You can specify “Antenna” (for terrestrial digital TV), “Cable”, “Satellite dish”, etc., depending on which TV you are connecting.
- Select the type of channels. You can specify “Digital” or “Digital & Analogue”. In the second case, there is no need to further configure the connection of each local analog channel, if they are broadcast.
- If you are setting up paid channels, the interface will ask you to specify the operator. For cable, select “Others”. Since terrestrial television does not have this parameter, we just move on.
- Specify the mode in which the search will be carried out. Select the “Full” option. In this case, the system will search for everything that can be caught from the antenna.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Scan” button.
- The found channels will appear on the screen (both TV, separately digital and analog, and radio stations) and an indicator showing which part of the range has already been scanned.
- After the completion message, press the “Close” button and exit the menu (on the remote control. “Return”).
Adding local analogue channels
If from the very beginning during auto-tuning it was indicated that both digital and analogue broadcasting was being searched, then nothing needs to be added, all TV channels have already been found. You also need to remember that some modern TV models no longer support manual tuning of terrestrial channels, they need to re-scan the entire range in auto-tuning mode.
- Turn on the menu, open the “Broadcast” tab.
- Select signal source. In our case, this is an antenna.
- Go to Manual Configuration Mode.
- Specify search for analogue channels only.
- Select “Create”.
- Searching for analogue broadcasting channels will take a few minutes.
Set up digital TV channels on your Samsung TV
Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in the digital TV market. The most difficult task, which you most likely faced yourself, is setting up channels. Despite the intuitive interface, it is far from immediately possible to master the search principle on your own. Therefore, we wrote this article, in which we told as much as possible how to set up digital television on Samsung.
How to set up “digital” on an old Samsung that does not support digital TV
If it turns out that the TV set is not capable of receiving the current broadcasting standard or is not equipped with a digital tuner at all, the user can do the following:
- Purchase a new TV. Not the most affordable option.
- Connect a digital set-top box receiver. If you just need to watch programs, then this option will cost several times cheaper than buying a second TV.
A separate difficulty can be associated with the use of the receiver: it does not catch analog TV signals. If you want to watch both local and federal programs, take care of not only the correct antenna type, but also an antenna splitter splitter for the antenna cable. It is needed so that the signal goes to both the receiver and the antenna socket of the TV at the same time. Then the transition between different types of broadcasting will be carried out as follows:
- digital channel required. TV switches to AV mode;
- analog is needed. switching is made to TV mode.
H, F, E and J Series
For models of this series, the setup process will look slightly different:
- Turn on the TV and use the “Source” button on the remote to select “TV”.
- Open the menu (by the button of the same name or “Keypad” and by selecting the “Menu” item on the screen).
- Select “Broadcast” and then “Auto Tuning”.
- Activate auto-tuning again.
- In the warning message about changing the settings, click the “Start” button.
- Select the source from which the signal will come: “Antenna” if you are setting up the reception of free broadcasting of the DVB-T2 standard, or “Cable” if you are connecting cable TV.
- Specify the type of channels. It is better to select “Digital and Analogue” here, so as not to repeat later a separate setting for the analogue programs remaining on the air.
- Select the scan type. To catch as many channels as possible, select the “Full” option.
- The “Scan” button is pressed.
- After the end of the process, click the “Close” button and exit the menu.
Registration in the Smart Hub service
To use all the features of Samsung SmartTV, you will need to register with the Smart Hub service. There are two ways to do this.
Most often, both the Internet and television are connected via one cable. To get started, simply connect the cable to the LAN connector. The device will immediately detect the connection to the network. Then repeat the following:
- open the menu and find the section “Network and Internet”.
- Go to the item “View network status”.
- Click the “Local Area Connection” button.
- In the “Status” field, click on the “Details” item and check the availability of all parameters.
If there is no information in the fields in this window, contact your service provider and request the parameters to configure.
Smart-TV devices can connect to wireless internet connection.
- Go to the menu and open the “Network” item.
- Next, select “Network Settings”.
- Click Search for the TV to search for a cable or wireless network.
- After finding all available networks, specify the required one and click “Next”.
- Enter the network password using the keyboard and remote control that appears on the screen. After checking if the password is correct, click on the consent button.
This type of search is usually used on older TV models, since there is no “automatic” there. When choosing a manual search mode for TV channels on a Samsung TV, keep in mind that you will have to change the factory settings.
Installing a TV antenna to your Samsung TV
This is what often scares users away, although there is nothing complicated about it. Do not be afraid of mistakes, because by choosing the wrong frequency, the user will not be able to break the TV. after that you can set other, correct values.
The operation can be done by hand according to the following algorithm:
- Go to the main menu and select the “Antenna” section.
- Next, click on manual settings and select “Search for digital channels”.
- An item with additional settings should appear in a new tab: frequency, module, transmission. There we set the following parameters: 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM, 6900 KS / s.
- Next, you need to wait until the settings are automatically loaded into the system and the search is carried out.
- After entering the desired settings, programs on the Samsung TV will start to appear on the screen.
- As soon as the settings are completed, it is necessary to save the result and adjust the frequency, module and transmission indicators. In this case, only the frequency needs to be changed to 178000 kHz. After that, run the search again.
By the same principle, you can find all available channels by adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Using manual adjustment, it will be possible to independently select the ideal sound and image quality on the TV so that the picture is as clear as possible. To do this, you need to select the “Image” section and adjust the contrast, clarity and brightness at your discretion.
Also, the user gets the opportunity to set the order of the channels with his own hands, depending on his own preferences.
To do this, go to the menu and select the “Broadcast” section. Opposite the desired program, you need to check the corresponding box.
To register in the service in this way, when creating a new account, you need to select “through” and specify the credentials from the page on the social network. Next, you need to come up with and enter a username and password for Smart Hub. You will not need to confirm actions via e-mail. the created account is linked to the user’s page on
Functions and characteristics
Samsung surpasses the competition in this respect by equipping each of its Smart TVs with a separate unit with an expanded set of tools that allow the owner to control their TV receiver while watching Smart TV using built-in applications or by interacting with a remote server located on the network.
over, the owner of the Smart TV will have access to high-quality TV, regardless of the configuration of the device, since among the mandatory options for the products of this South Korean company are:
- viewing video content of different formats;
- high display resolution. from 1080p;
- the presence of connectors for connecting cables with high bandwidth.
However, the main feature of Samsung is the Smart Hub Internet platform, which allows owners of a smart TV receiver to:
- purchase full Internet access;
- use the TV remote control as a gamepad for modern computer games and a control device to enter any portal or social network;
- receive timely software updates via a remote service;
- regularly expand the capabilities of your TV by installing new applications from the Samsung Apps Internet service;
- view any content, including video from external drives;
- use computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other digital devices to relay TV broadcasts.
This entire set will be available to the user if he is able to set up Smart on his Samsung Smart TV, in which a connection to the network must first be established.
How to set up Samsung manually
The manual method is used for older Samsung models. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Select the “Menu” button on the control panel.
- Now you need to click “Channel”, select “Antenna” and change it to “Cable”.
- The Country submenu will be available. Here you will need to enter a password, pin code, whatever you want to call. It will be different for each TV. For example, the code is four zeros. Now you need to put the country of residence. Select “Russia” from the list, if not, then you need to select others or “Eastern Europe”.
- Now you need to go to the “Cable parameters” section. It is usually found in the main menu. If it is not there, then you need to look in autotuning. In some Samsung models, the developers decided to do just that.
- After you have found the desired section, you need to open it and insert the parameters: beginning. 298000 KHz, ending. 362000 KHz. All other parameters are already there.
- Now you need to open autotuning. If only digital TV is used, then this item must be selected. You can also install analogue channels or digital TV plus analogue. Then click “Next”.
- Now you need to open the search mode and drive in “Network”. Click on the “Search” button. We are waiting for a few minutes. This is the time for the search and tuning of the necessary channels to end automatically. Then click “Ok”.
After the system has performed a search, all the channels that the cable TV managed to find will be automatically saved. But, only those that you have selected will be shown.
Samsung TV settings
In nature, there are no exact settings. It all depends on the individual qualities of a person, his color perception. The TV must transmit such a clear picture that the user wants to see. The display is carried out in several modes and the most suitable for the human eye is “cinema”, in which there is no anti-aliasing, brightness improvement. According to the degree of illumination of the room in which the TV is installed, the method of viewing the channels and their color rendition is selected. You can make the broadcast brighter or, conversely, add a dark shade.
Follow the tips for setting up TV
For starters, you should try the automatic setting with an economical mode of operation, which will not only protect your eyesight, but also slightly reduce your energy costs. Then you can adjust the contrast and clarity of the image at your discretion and adjust the balance of dark and light. If you are not satisfied with the saturation of the color gamut, you can increase or decrease it. Also experiment with sound.
Why Samsung TV Can’t Find Digital Channels Through Antenna, Cable?
Faced the question “Why can’t Samsung TV see digital channels?” In this case, there is a problem with the TV. Problems could be due to signal quality or connection method. To fix the failure, first identify the failure.
Hardware problems are common. The main option is a broken cable or a plug coming off. First of all, examine the integrity of all devices.
Why Samsung TV Can’t Find Digital Channels: Reasons What To Do?
Why can’t my Samsung TV find digital channels? This failure is a popular phenomenon among many users. In such a situation, do not rush to carry the phone to the repair service. Perhaps you can fix the problem yourself. Digital television provides high-quality, high-definition images. Despite this, there are some problems and difficulties in showing digital broadcasts. The article will help you figure it out.
The problem is as follows. Most likely, the “Search” settings are incorrectly set. Use the above options and search again. Be sure to specify the connection type and other parameters. If the situation does not change, then contact the service center. They will help you set up your TV
If the previous methods did not help cable TV owners, then study the cable. Check the wire for damage, holes, or other problems. Examine the status of the plugs and input. If only 10 digital television channels are working, then the reason is technical problems and structural features of the TV. After a few seconds, work will resume.
Transmitter technical problems
If the transmitter is broken, contact the service center. The wizard will check for technical problems and fix crashes. It is not recommended to repair the device yourself.
Hardware connection problem
Sometimes it crashes due to the device not finding certain resources. In addition, the wrong way of connecting with a digit arises. Check the correct connection of the equipment before setting up. If the user has a decimeter antenna, it connects to the receiver, then to the TV. If there is a cable, connect the wire to the dedicated input on the receiver.