Auto search for digital channels on Philips
The automatic search algorithm depends on when a particular TV was released.
On older TVs before 2011
The setup algorithm for old Philips digital TVs will look like this:
- Open the setup menu with the “Home” button (on some models it is indicated by a house icon).
- In the menu, go to the “Configuration” tab. If the menu is not Russified, it is easy to recognize it by the gear icon.
- In the tab, open the “Installation” item and confirm your choice by clicking “OK”.
- In the additional menu, select “Channel setup” and then “Automatic installation” and “Start”.
- If the TV prompts you to select a country, enter “Russia”. If it is not in the list, select Finland, Germany or Switzerland: the parameters of terrestrial television there are the same as in the Russian Federation.
- Select Setup Mode. Digital.
- The TV will then ask you to select source to search for channels. Here specify the item “Antenna” (for terrestrial TV) or “Cable” (for paid channels from your operator).
- The system will offer a scanning option. automatic or manual. Select “Autosearch” or similar and click “Start”.
- After the procedure is completed, click “Finish”. The TV will fix the found channels in memory.
When setting up, you may be asked to enter a pin code. If you have not changed it, dial one of the factory options. 0000, 1111 or 1234. If you wish, then you can put your own version.
Deleting and sorting channels
To delete unnecessary channels or move them to other numbers, proceed as follows:
- Go to the channel list (the “LIST” button on the remote control or the corresponding item in the menu).
- Select the “Reorder” item.
- Use the cursor keys and “OK” to select the desired channel, move it to the appropriate place and confirm the action. The procedure is repeated the required number of times.
- Remaining unnecessary channels can be deleted. To do this, use the “LIST” button to select an extra channel. Then use the “Options” key to open the action menu and select “Delete”.
First time settings
If the TV has not been used before, then after the power is connected, you must specify the following in the setup menu:
TVs using Smart TV technology will additionally ask for information about the following during the initial setup:
On modern TVs
To automatically tune TVs of more recent years of manufacture, the procedure will look like this:
- Open the menu with the “Home” key.
- Select “Install”.
- In the next tab, click “Search for channels”.
- Then “Reinstall Channels”.
- Select a country. As with earlier models, if Russia is not on the list, Germany or Finland must be indicated, and if the model name contains the letters PFL, then Sweden is better.
- Select digital mode (DVB)
- Determine the signal source. “Cable” (for cable channels) or “Antenna” (for terrestrial TV).
- Select the “Frequency scan” column and the “Quick” item, then “Start”. The search will take 15 to 25 minutes.
In the event that a television cable is not used, but a television cable, at this stage it can be configured as well. Here you will need to manually enter the network frequency and baud rate. This data must be provided to you by your cable TV operator.
Philips Smart TV requires additional network setup. It is done like this:
- Start your wireless router or connect a network cable to your TV.
- In the menu, select “Connect to the network”.
- Specify the connection method: Wi-Fi or wire.
- If you are using a router, you need to activate WPS. automatic device pairing without a password. If there is no such function, you need to run a network scan and enter a password.
- After the “smart TV” is connected to the network, it will update the software if necessary.
- After the update, you just need to select the “Channel settings” item in the menu, and then “Search”. To connect satellite TV, you need to select “Satellite settings” and again “Search”. Nothing additional is required: the whole point of Smart TV technology is precisely that the TV turns into a multimedia center that does not require human intervention.
Instructions for setting up digital TV channels on Philips TVs
Philips is a popular brand of household appliances, including TVs. In order to use all the possibilities of modern digital broadcasting, it is necessary to properly prepare the equipment. Let’s figure out how to set up digital television on TV sets of this brand.
Adding local analogue TV channels
Despite the transition to digital, local channels continue to broadcast in analog format. Therefore, if you want to watch them on a Philips TV, you need to additionally configure them.
The tuning procedure can be performed both in manual and automatic mode. In general, it is similar to the one used when searching for digital channels, only the analogue broadcast format must be specified in the setup menu. In addition, in the menu, you will need to select the mode of not complete reinstallation, but updating the channel list. otherwise all digital programs recorded in the TV’s memory will be erased and replaced by analog.
To re-tune TV channels on an already old Samsung TV model manually, without calling the wizard, you need to take into account several extremely important nuances at once:
- old models differ from new ones in a complex and incomprehensible interface, because of this, problems arise;
- outdated TVs are not equipped with an automatic tuning function;
- old Samsung TVs are not capable of broadcasting high-definition images.
Manual tuning involves changing many important basic parameters. Sometimes this scares off users, although in fact there is nothing difficult about it, you just need to adjust the frequency correctly, you definitely cannot break the TV.
How do I tune my TV manually? Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the main menu, and then go to the “Antenna” section.
- We select “Setting manually”. “Setting up digital TV channels”.
- Click on “Create”, as a result of which a window will open with additional indicators: purity, module, transfer.
- First you need to set the following parameters 170,000 kHz, 128 QAM and 6900 KS / s.
- The TV will tune in for a certain time while searching for channels. The images will change and TV footage will start to appear.
- After finishing, you need to click on the “Save” button, after which a window will appear for adjusting the frequency, module and transmission, leave the last parameters unchanged, but indicate a new frequency. 178000 kHz, start the search again.
By the same principle, you can continue to search for TV channels, constantly adding 8000 kHz to the frequency. Experiments of this kind can be carried out up to an indicator of 226,000.
In this way, the sound and picture quality can also be significantly improved by making them very clear. Go to the menu and select the “Image” section, and then arbitrarily adjust the clarity, brightness, contrast and other parameters.
You can also sort the channels manually. To do this, open the main menu, and then go to the “Broadcast” section. Check the boxes next to the required programs. Here you can also add your favorite channels to favorites or save the current arrangement.
It is the auto-tuning function that is the reason that many experts define Samsung TV-equipment as the “smartest” among all on the market. Each user will be able to automatically tune TV programs, arrange them alphabetically.
First you need to select a signal source: antenna, cable, satellite. Some Smart TV models are offered to the user by the most popular providers: NTV, Telekarta, Rostelecom, Tricolor. If you want to use the services of the listed operators, the channels will be found automatically and arranged according to the traditional order.
After completing autotuning, select the programs of a specific provider. They will be arranged in accordance with the settings of the TV broadcast operator. To change the location of channels, use the “Move” function:
- Press the Main Menu button on the remote control.
- Then select the command “Broadcast” it is presented in the form of a white satellite dish icon.
- Scroll down until we come across the command “Change the channel number”, activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- To proceed to the next step, return to the “Home” tab, and then open the “Broadcasts” section again. press right and select the “Modify” command.
- Select the channel, the location of which you would like to change, select it with a tick, and then click on “Change number”.
You can start automatic search without a remote control. If you are using LCD TV Smart TV, then you can enable auto-tuning using a keyboard, mouse, or the most ordinary smartphone. Conventional TVs can be configured via the navigation buttons located on the front of the device.
Of course, right after connecting the TV, users have the question of how to properly set up the reception of TV channels? The predominantly Russian-language interface is selected by default, so you just have to perform simple actions in accordance with this step-by-step algorithm:
- Open the main menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Go to the basic settings section.
- Click on the section “Search and configure TV channels”.
- Choose one of two ways to search for channels. manual or automatic.
- Wait for the TV to find channels, then save the programs to your Samsung TV.
If the user nevertheless begins to set up television broadcasting in automatic mode, then, in fact, the whole process will take several minutes. The device will find available channels, and then assign them numerical values, by the way, you can change them later.
As soon as you finish setting up your Samsung TV, the first channel in the list will automatically turn on. For a complete list of broadcasts, use the corresponding buttons on the remote control.
Many do not know how to connect and configure an external receiver, especially if it is a satellite box. In fact, it is also not difficult to do this, since mainly the interface of modern receivers has also been translated into Russian and is as simple and understandable as possible.
Now let’s talk about the features of automatic and manual channel search, which are included in free digital TV multiplexes.
Locking individual channels
There are many reasons why the TV does not show certain channels, in some cases the user has blocked them. What is the purpose of this? Everything is very simple and straightforward, setting a password for TV channels allows you to block it from children. To tune channels by setting some password, follow the instructions:
- Opening the main menu.
- Select the section “Broadcast”.
- Click on the command “Lock”.
- We activate it by selecting “Enable”.
- We select the channels that you want to block, just put a tick next to them.
By default, the system locks them with the standard password. 0000. However, before saving the changes made, the TV will offer to set its own password.
If at a certain moment the need for blocking disappears, then it is very easy to cancel it, for this you need to go to the “Broadcast” section again, select “Block”, and then simply disable this function by entering the set password.
Features of Samsung TVs
For example, TVs of the 6 series with an LED matrix are mainly equipped with the Smart TV function. Potential buyers who have not previously used “smart” technology do not want to configure such devices on their own, so they pay fabulous money for the services of specialists. This is not the wisest decision, since the operating system is in Russian, therefore, to set up the technique, you just need to follow the step-by-step tips that pop up on the screen.
What if you have lost your instructions? Manufacturers are well aware that only a small part of consumers continue to use traditional paper instructions, so they try to simplify the interface as much as possible and make it intuitive.
You won’t find any overly complicated or confusing commands in the menu. You just need to connect the TV to the network and turn it on using the remote control. You can tune free TV channels by connecting to the most common antenna.
Of course, the devices released by Samsung have their own “chips” that distinguish them from other brands, but believe me, they are more related to additional functionality, so they will not be a special problem.
How to set up your Samsung TV yourself
Many owners of television equipment from Samsung are faced with various kinds of problems in the process of self-setting the basic parameters. Especially when it comes to Smart TV models.
In fact, setting up Samsung TVs is far from the most difficult process, the main thing is to follow the instructions, and then you can achieve the desired result, while spending a minimum of free time. Of course, first it is advisable to study the tips for setting up the TV, this is what we will talk about now.
Editing and deleting
To remove unnecessary channels, add new ones or sort them by placing favorites at the top of the list, use the “Change” option.
How do I set up channels? To adjust TV channels, follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Open the menu, select the section “Broadcast” or “Live”.
- Push on the remote control to the right.
- Select the “Modify” option.
- Select the channels to be deleted with the checkboxes.
- Use the arrows on the remote to move the TV channels.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to adjust the TV broadcast grid. It is enough just to follow the previously described algorithm.
Particular attention should be paid to the fact that by moving a channel that has a name, you will simply swap it with others. For example, if you want to transfer TNT from position 20 to position 2, on which the CTC is already located, then there will be no displacement, they will simply change positions.
However, if the TV program does not have a title, then there will be a shift to a certain side of the entire grid. Sometimes the exposed location can get confused, so you have to periodically repeat this procedure over and over again.
Adjusting the picture and sound
Many users run into problems when it comes to how to adjust the picture or adjust the volume. This is actually very easy to do. You will need a remote control.
Often, the picture is too dark or light, to adjust the optimal color rendition, go to the appropriate settings. Open the service menu by pressing the button on the remote control, and then go to the “Image” section.
- by changing the contrast, the user adjusts the ratio of dark and light tones;
- clarity allows you to get rid of the blur effect, the sharpness of the image is adjusted;
- adjusting the brightness will make the picture darker or lighter, depending on the situation;
- color correction allows you to make the image as saturated as possible.
Correctly adjusted color rendition will provide the best possible picture quality. Samsung TVs also allow advanced picture adjustments, but this command is more suitable for advanced users.
Also, a few words need to be said about how the sound is tuned. Believe me, this parameter affects viewing no less than image adjustments. Go to the service menu, namely the “Settings” tab, and then select the “Sound” subsection, here you need to select “Quality and method of sound transmission”.
Newer models of television equipment are equipped with additional functionality for adjusting sound parameters. First off, EQ, Dolby and Surround Mode should be noted.
The speaker system of absolutely all TV models has individual characteristics, which undoubtedly need to be taken into account in order to properly adjust the sound. Each parameter in the final score affects the overall sound.
Of course, Smart TV models are equipped with a more detailed system of sound and picture settings, so the user will be able to adjust the operation of the television equipment for himself. When adjusting the picture, open the image and compare by it how much the template you created differs from the default parameters.
That’s all. We examined all the subtleties of Samsung TV settings and gave specific recommendations that will allow you to choose the optimal settings.
General settings for TV and receiver
By the nature of all the present stages of setting up analog and digital TV
can be divided into three groups:
- Technical. Setting parameters for high-quality digital signal reception. processing speed and search frequency range.
- Search. Basic process for finding channels.
- Interface. Choosing a language, setting a password, sorting TV channels, etc.
Technical settings are complicated by the fact that depending on the choice of the frequency range occurs in different ways. For some models, it is set automatically when you select the type of receiver (satellite, cable or antenna). Other receivers only support the ability to manually adjust the frequency. It can be obtained from the receiver manual.
Channel search is always a manual and automatic function. In the latter case, the user is asked to find and save all channels at once. It is inconvenient in the presence of working channels from another receiver, because autosearch removes them completely. Of course, it can be turned on for all types of broadcasting, but the TV channels of the old TV will no longer be in their places.
Latest TVs support user profiles, in one of which you can store analog TV channels, and on the other you can find digital programs.
The interface is user preferences. They do not affect the search for channels and are needed for the convenience of using television, but the user constantly encounters them when connecting.
In most cases, you have to adjust the following parameters:
- Region. Select the country to search for channels. Some TVs and set-top boxes may not have the “Russia” option and select “Europe”. This is export related. If the main supply of the manufacturer is focused on the American or Asian continent, the equipment will be poorly integrated for use in the European part.
- Sorting channels. A very useful feature when connecting cable TV. Initially, it finds all TV channels, incl. unavailable for the tariff. Given the impossibility of activation without a prefix, they are useless and can be removed by pressing a couple of buttons on the remote.
- Password (PIN). It is required to access system options and set viewing restrictions for individual channels. Serves as a means of protecting against unauthorized use of television or unintentional alteration of functions by children.
Some models ask for the interface language before the basic settings. All set-top boxes and TVs support Russian. If it is not requested and English is set, it can be changed by going to the “Language” menu and selecting “Russian”.
For owners of modern TVs with a built-in DVB-T2 tuner. It performs the same functions as a receiver. it decodes the signal and provides the viewer with a finished high-definition image. The search for digital channels on them occurs in the same way. as with the prefix. The only difference is in the program functions and the menu features of the TV itself. It is different for each model, therefore, the digital TV setup for each manufacturer will be separately considered below.
Settings for Philips and Sony TVs
You can set up cable and digital TV on both TVs according to the general guide, which will be discussed together. In the first stages, everything is according to the standard. language, region and PIN-code. The frequency is set manually only when connecting a satellite dish, in other cases it is automatically determined based on the characteristics of the connected receiver.
Next will be the choice of the provider. All major Russian operators (Rostelecom and MTS) are present, but the little-known regional provider will clearly be absent. In order not to miscalculate it is better to choose the item “Other”. This must be done in order to connect digital television and not return to the settings after changing the provider.
The latest Philips Smart-TV versions have Home and Store modes. The first one is selected, because only he opens all the functionality. The second is used by sellers so that they can let the buyer use the TV before buying.
If using cable TV
When the house is connected to digital TV, it can be watched without an antenna for a small monthly fee.
To search for digital channels, select the “Cable TV” item and select the following parameters:
- Frequency. For different TV models, an interval or start and stop frequency can be selected. Set the minimum and maximum values to 346 and 410 MHz, respectively.
- Transmission speed. In the list of options that opens, mark 6956 CS: GO / s.
- Modulation. 256 OAM, QAM or Quadrature Modulation (different for each TV).
Upon completion, all TV channels will be presented, incl. blocked, which are not available at the connected tariff. To delete them on the remote control, you need to press the “C” button and select the appropriate action. In the same menu, after clearing the list of paid programs, you can sort.
Samsung Smart-TVs with IPTV digital TV format support several user profiles. For convenience, on one of them you can collect only analog channels, on the other. digital, on the third. children’s, etc.
Setting up LG TVs
The search principle on these TVs is similar to Samsung, so you can consider the operation in a short version. At the very beginning, you are prompted to select the region and interface language. The type of broadcasting is not required, it is automatically determined after selecting the frequency:
- for cable TV tuning, the base value of 690,000. 690,000 kHz is retained;
- when connecting the receiver, the frequency should be changed to 114,000. 862,000 kHz.
The transmission rate of the received signal is 6750 CS: GO / s. To confirm the entered data, you will need to enter the password set by the manufacturer or 0000. Upon completion, select the type of broadcast and start auto search.
Upon completion of the search for TV channels, the TV will display information about the successful operation. When you connect cable TV, a problem pops up with blocked channels, which are even easier to delete than on Samsung. you need to press the “C” button on the remote control and select “sort active TV channels”. All found gears will move to the first positions one by one.
Setting up Samsung TVs
To start searching for channels with a connected digital antenna, you need to switch the TV to the desired operating mode. HDMI, USB and AUX. In this case, the first item is selected. The next task is to select the type of signal. DVB-T2. Successful selection will be indicated on the TV screen by displaying the name of the channel that is activated. Next, an automatic search for the receiver and language will be performed.
If no antenna is connected, a pop-up window will appear with several options:
- satellite TV;
- cable TV;
- terrestrial broadcasting.
The last item is selected, after which you need to return to the main menu and select the “Channel” item.
From this point on, a semi-automatic setup on the TV follows, which is performed in the following order:
- PIN code. It must be entered for further operation, as well as setting restrictions (for example, child mode) in the future. It includes four digits that can be found in the instruction manual. If absent, the default password is 0000.
- Region. Depending on the specific model, you need to highlight the option “Russia” (Russia) or “Eastern Europe” (Eastern Europe).
After that, tabs will open with a proposal to save the selection for digital television, the settings of which can later be applied to analog TV programs.
Attention! If you plan to use satellite TV, you need to select the “Other” region. This approach will not affect the quality or the number of channels found, but in the future you will not need to reconfigure the TV options.
The next step is the choice of automatic or manual channel search.
The first option is very convenient and does not require operator participation. The TV will independently find all TV channels in the broadcasting area, record and save them. To connect and tune digital channels, if you already have programs (for example, analogue broadcasting), you will have to use manual tuning. The search principle is similar. the TV itself will search for the frequency at which it is broadcasting. However, you will have to choose a position for recording yourself and start a search for each channel separately.
If you are setting up your TV for the first time and need a lot of digital channels, it is better to choose both analog and digital. Then confirm your choice. Auto search will start, the results of which will be displayed on the TV screen as the number of channels found and a progress bar in percent. It can last for about half an hour, after which the channels will be saved and the last of the detected programs will turn on.
How to get digital channels on Samsung tv | samsung tv channel scan antenna
How to tune your TV to receive digital TV channels
When you first connect to digital television, the question arises about channel search. It is performed according to a similar principle as for analog television, but in a complicated version. For this reason, difficulties arise when trying to find TV channels. The article will cover how to set up digital channels and what you need for this.
Digital channels. connection options
Depending on the TV generation, digital TV can be watched with a direct cable connection or using a set-top box. For transmission of images in high resolution, the signal is pre-encoded in the DVB-T2 format. For viewing on the TV, a similar connector must be present. How to tune digital channels on an older TV that only has a DVB-C / T or AV connector. For this, a receiver is connected, which serves as a means of decoding the signal.
Pros and cons of using the card
Benefits of a Smart Card for TV:
- the ability to watch digital TV with high definition;
- reception does not depend on weather conditions, in any case you will get a high-quality image and sound;
- you can independently choose a list of paid channels and connect or disconnect them at any time;
- it is easy to switch to another provider without significant costs, it will be enough to change the card;
- availability of additional services (for example, TV program guide, video library);
- Smart cards are universal for TVs of different models: LG, Samsung, etc., so they can be used for any Smart TV.
Of the shortcomings, it can only be noted that the card can be broken or lost, then you will need to purchase a replacement and reactivate the service. It usually contains warnings about correct use. The main ones are: do not bend or expose to moisture. And it is imperative to register and activate the card via the Internet or at points of sale to provide the service.
How Smart Card works for receiving digital TV
To provide quality TV broadcasts, many TV service providers use special devices called Digital TV Smart Cards. They are installed in a special connector (slot) on a TV or set-top box for watching channels on a paid basis in high quality.
What is Smart Card
Smart TVs have almost completely replaced their other earlier counterparts. The presence of additional functions is becoming an integral part of the use of television. Just watching TV channels is already enough for few people. Therefore, service providers, following trends and demand, offer more and more new technologies and improvements to attract more and more subscribers. Among these amenities is the emergence of a Smart card.
Now let’s figure out what a Smart card is, how it works and what it is for. This card is a plastic card with an embedded electronic chip with information about the subscriber, or rather, his unique number (identifier). Sometimes it is also called Smart SIM-card, as it looks like a phone SIM-card.
The description is more than laconic. However, the data stored on it is very important. Thanks to the identifier, the digital channel provider understands which service package is available to the client. When contacting Support, the subscriber is identified by this number combination and can be consulted on all issues related to his account. Most digital TV service providers provide this card for TV.
To watch digital TV using a Smart Card, you need to connect to a provider that offers cable or satellite TV broadcasting services. Smart card is a kind of key that opens access to encrypted channels.
If we talk about digital broadcasting, then today there are three of its standards:
- DBV-T / DBV-T2. Broadcast television. That is, one that is transmitted over radio frequency channels through an antenna that receives a signal from television centers;
- DBV-C. Cable TV. The transmission is carried out via TV cable;
- DBV-S / DBV-S2. Satellite television. Reception is carried out by satellite antennas, which receive a signal from the satellite.
Another type of television broadcasting is via Internet connection channels. So Smart-cards work only with satellite and cable TV. And before connecting, you need to find out what digital tuners your TV has.
Installing and connecting the card
The card can be inserted either into a special receiver, which usually comes with the equipment from the provider, or into the CL slot for the CAM module in the TV. The CAM-module decodes the video stream and matches it with the TV receiver, that is, it replaces the purchase of a set-top box. Many modern TVs are equipped with a CL slot. When connecting to a CAM module, first you need to turn off the TV. Insert the card into the module until it stops, and the module into the slot. After that, you can turn on the TV set. If everything is done correctly, a corresponding notification will appear on the screen.
If there is no suitable slot, then you also need to connect the set-top box. Before the procedure, all equipment is turned off. The card is inserted into the receiver, and the receiver is connected to the TV with a cable. Depending on the TV model, there may be different connectors. It is best to connect devices via HDMI ports.
After the receiver with the card is connected, you can turn on the equipment for further configuration. In addition, the receivers of some providers have a built-in Smart-card, so installation is not required, but the meaning remains. Now a little about the advantages and disadvantages of the receiver and the CAM module:
- Cost. The module itself will cost 1.5-2 times cheaper;
- Practicality. The CAM module does not take up space, does not require additional power and wires. But its capabilities are limited by the capabilities of the TV. The set-top box is a complete device;
- Convenience. The receiver comes with an additional remote control. Channel search tuning functions are more convenient. Externally, the receivers can display the time or channel.
However, despite some differences, they functionally serve the same purpose.
Before purchasing equipment from a provider, you need to make sure it is compatible with your TV.
The most popular suppliers of digital television via a Smart-card are: Rostelecom, as well as its telecommunications brand, TV Online, Tricolor, MTS and others. Each company uses a similar set of equipment, but a different encoding, so you cannot use the equipment of one provider to get the services of another.
For example, the OnLime Telecard digital TV kit contains a Smart card with a CAM device. In this case, the TV must have a DVB-C digital tuner (cable TV standard) and support CI / CI and MPEG-4. Rostelecom card will provide high-quality digital TV without additional devices and extra wires.
Telecommunications service provider MTS provides a Smart Card connection to digital satellite TV. At the same time, there are different channel packages to meet different user needs. Satellite operator Tricolor TV delivers a Smart-card along with a set-top box.
But after you have inserted the Smart-card into your receiver, you still need to register the equipment. For example, in Tricolor TV on the site, you need to fill out a form with user and receiver data. Thus, the user will be registered in the system. But that’s not all. To receive data on your TV, you also need to activate the card. For this, a special request is sent to technical support. And only after a while it will be possible to access the services. Other providers also require registration, so be sure to find out all the details during the purchase of equipment.
Tuning channels on different TVs
After activating the telecard, you will need to configure the channels. As already noted, Smart SIM-cards are suitable for any TV: Samsung, Sony, Philips, etc. But depending on the manufacturer of the TV receiver, there may be differences in channel setup. Consider the most popular brands of such equipment:
- For LG TV Smart Cards, look for Auto Adjust. Choose your country from Sweden, Switzerland, Finland or France, and the channels are digital. Then click “Search”;
- For Samsung TVs, you need to go to the “Channel” menu and find “Auto tuning” there. Select digital channels, signal source. cable and full search mode. Then click search, which may take several minutes;
- Smart-TV Phillips is configured as follows: in the menu, select the items “Configuration”. “Installation”. “Reinstall channels”. Select country France, Germany or Russia, digital mode and automatic search. For some models, you will need to scan frequencies instead of searching. In this case, you need to know the network frequencies and transmission speed;
- Sharp TVs. For a DVT digital signal receiving point to appear, you may need to select the country France, Sweden or Finland. The Installation menu is present here. You will need to select “Auto installation” and click OK;
- Sony. Pressing the “Menu” button, you need to select “Settings” and find “Digital configuration”. Next, autosearch for digital channels, cable and “Full Scan” is selected;
- PanaSonyk. In the “Analogue settings” select the option “Add TV signal”, mark “DVB-C” and “Start auto-tuning”.
It is recommended to disable the automatic channel update setting, otherwise the channels that you found will be reset.
You can notice that the main points when setting up television channels should be the choice of the type of signal (satellite, cable), channel mode (digital, analog) and automatic search. Although the menu in different brands and models may differ, you need to navigate precisely by these parameters.
So, having considered the concept of a Smart-card, we can say that it is a convenient device for gaining access to digital television. It has a low cost and is compact. The card performs the identification of the subscriber and determines the service package to which he is subscribed. The setup is extremely simple, so it is quite possible to do it yourself.
When it comes to how to set up your Samsung TV, look at the picture as well. This can be done in the simplest way using the remote control. Often, the picture on the screen may seem too dark or light. in order to get the desired color, you need to go to the color rendition settings. You will need to open the Service menu using the button indicated above and select the Image section, then go to the menu with the appropriate parameters.
- Using the Contrast, you can set the parameters of the ratio between the brightest and darkest image.
- Clarity helps to adjust the sharpness of the image.
- The Brightness command allows you to make the picture lighter or darken it noticeably.
- An option called Color helps you make colors richer or lighter, and switch to black and white.
Correctly adjusted color rendering mode is very important, because the perception of the image depends on it.
There is also an additional and very convenient option that allows you to reset the image completely in the event that you cannot fix it after changing several settings modes.
How to customize the order of channels
By default, the TV saves all found channels, but if some are not needed and interfere, then they can be removed from the list or blocked so that when switching the device simply skips them. To do this, you need to enter the “broadcast” menu, open the “dispatcher” and mark the channels for blocking. To delete them, you need to use the Tools menu, on the remote control there is a special button for it.
If the device is equipped with Smart functions, then you need to enter SmartHub using the remote control. In the appeared window with a list of channels in the upper part of the screen on the right there is an “edit” button that allows you to delete or block unnecessary broadcasts.
To block TV shows on a specific channel, for example, content that is unsuitable for children, you should enter the “broadcast”, find the “channel blocking” submenu and, having selected the desired one, click on it. An additional menu will appear, in which you should press “block programs”. We select the unnecessary ones, enter the password (it is better to specify the one that you will not forget). It can be used to unblock the transmission if needed. If necessary, mark such a blocking, you need to do everything in the reverse order.
In most situations, autosearch fully justifies itself, but if something went wrong, then you can configure it manually.
- We enter the section “broadcasts”. You can find it in the device settings.
- Choose “manual setting“.
- We indicate in the submenu “antenna” cable connection.
- Region: “Russia”. In rare cases, “Eastern Europe” is installed.
- If the TV asks for a confirmation code, the standard Samsung options are four “0”, four “1” or from “1” to “4”.
- It remains to indicate the frequencies by which the search will be carried out. For terrestrial digital television, they can be found on the rtrs.rf website by selecting the required settlement on the interactive map.
- We indicate the type of channels. “digital“.
- We start the search and wait for the end of the procedure.
- We save the result, if the channels were not found, then the setting should be repeated.
Setting up the Internet via a wired connection
Smart TVs can be connected to the Internet by wired or wireless. In the case of using a wire, two options are possible.
- Direct connection. The provider’s cable is directly plugged into the TV. Works only if you do not need to configure it to access the network, that is, you do not need to enter your login, password and server address.
- Connection through a router. A router is used as an intermediate link. This connection is more convenient, so it is suitable for any network.
The setup procedure is given for the TV N, M, Q, LS series, as they are the most relevant and common on the market.
- The cable from the provider or from the router must be inserted into the LAN connector on the back of the TV.
- On the remote control, press the “home” button (the “house” icon) and enter the device settings.
- In the “general” item, set the “network” and “open the network settings”.
- Next, you should specify the type of network, in this case it is a cable.
- An automatic connection will take place, after the appearance of a window with the appropriate message, click on “ok”, and you can start using the Smart functions of the TV.
Advice! If the connection did not occur, then it is worth rebooting the router by first disconnecting it from the power supply, and also reconnecting the cables. If this does not help, then you should contact the provider.
Ways to set up a TV from Samsung
Many TV owners from the Samsung brand cannot always quickly and easily figure out the features of setting up a new device, especially when it comes to Samsung Smart TV, which is worth buying for all fans of modern technology. Do not think that setting up a Samsung TV can be very problematic. in fact, this process does not take much time, especially if you know exactly what needs to be done in each specific case. In any case, you need to use the instructions or find in advance all the necessary information, which this article will be devoted to.
Modern TVs do not need to purchase additional devices for watching digital TV broadcasting. they already have a built-in tuner. In addition, the setup process here is brought almost to the point of automatism; no special knowledge is required from the user. How to do this is described below, but the algorithm may differ for different TV models and generations. However, in general, everything is similar and you can figure it out without difficulty.
Auto channel search
Automatic search is the easiest and most suitable for most users option to tune TV channels.
- Using the remote control, enter the TV settings and select “broadcast”.
- We select the item “auto-tuning”.
- We mark “cable” as source of broadcast.
- We indicate the type of channels. only digital are needed.
- In the search modes menu, select the full option to find TV and radio channels.
- We click on “scan” and wait for the end of the procedure. If for some reason the search should be stopped, then you need to select the “stop” button on the screen.
- At the end of the search, the result should be saved and the signal quality checked. If some channels are not shown, then it is recommended to repeat the procedure again.
Easily customizable and correctly set, sound is also as noticeable as the image. To do this, you also need to go to the Service menu, to the Settings section and select the Sound item. It is in this section that you can choose the quality and method of sound transmission.
It is also worth noting that many modern models are equipped with additional options, such as equalizer, Dolby function and surround sound mode. The speaker system of each Samsung TV model has individual features that are worth paying attention to, since the sound quality and the overall impression of it will depend on their correct setting. You also need to know how to properly configure the Samsung Smart TV interface. this will affect access to all the multimedia functions provided, in particular, connecting to the Internet.