Industrial printers belong to the category of high-tech equipment with a complex structure and high performance. The main distinguishing feature of all industrial printers is a rugged construction with an increased degree of protection, which is able to withstand mechanical stress, remaining in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In the “Specta” Company, customers are offered to purchase thermal transfer printers of various series. All equipment has the necessary certificates and meets international and Russian quality standards. Thermal transfer printers are used in large and medium-sized businesses with commercial activities and are used to print labels and barcodes.
Due to the high speed of the equipment, time costs are reduced several times, optimizing the workflow in production. The principle of operation of thermal transfer units is based on the use of ink ribbon on a resin or wax base (depending on the specific model).
Ribbon used in this type of equipment is called a ribbon. With this film, you can apply the image to carriers of different materials: paper, textiles, and so on. Ribbon is in the form of a roll of polyester film, on one side of which the coloring layer is applied, and on the other. printhead cover.
The ribbon is exposed to high temperatures, as a result of which the ribbon coloring pigment melts and is transferred to the supplied material (paper, cardboard, fabric). Thanks to this method of application, the seal remains unchanged for a long time. The image remains clear and bright even when exposed to aggressive external factors.
The print head in the printer is the main working element. It is this detail that has a direct effect on the ribbon. Due to the specialization of thermal transfer printers, color contrast on finished products is maximized, which makes it easy to read information from a barcode.
Buy industrial printers at manufacturer’s price
Industrial printers are used today in a variety of industry areas. The models differ from each other in the speed and quality of the print resolution, the presence of a touch screen, the ability to connect additional devices, and the width of the media. Their popularity and demand are due to a number of factors:
- high performance. printers for use in harsh industrial conditions have a reliable metal case that protects the unit from mechanical damage;
- the ability to work with different materials. it is possible to apply a high-precision image using thermal transfer technology on the following types of materials: paper with cardboard, plastic with polyethylene, textile tapes and some types of fabric;
- the ability to equip the printer with additional external devices. industrial printers can be connected to devices that can facilitate the workflow, increase its efficiency (keyboards for manual data entry, additional memory modules, scanners that control the quality of products);
- additional useful options. tape winders, dispensers for separating the label from the backing material;
- to allow the operator to control the consumption of materials, the printer case on the side or top panel has a transparent window. The design of the products is so convenient that during the maintenance of the internal filling of the printer there is no difficulty.
A wired or wireless interface is provided for connecting the printer to the main system of an industrial plant. The thermal transfer printing speed is quite fast, which means that the workflow is characterized by high productivity and quality of the released product, while the finished labels or stickers are released in a continuous stream.
You can order industrial printers with delivery right now!
Zebra GX430t Thermal Transfer Label Printer
The Zebra GX430t Thermal Transfer Label Printer is an entry-level garment tag printer that is compact, mid-speed and versatile.
Thermal / Thermal Transfer Printing Materials
- Polyester tapes;
- Nylon tapes;
- Satin ribbons;
- Keeper tapes;
- Satin ribbons.
Also, this printer model is suitable for printing on polymer substrates (PVC, PE, PP, PET) and for the manufacture of labels, tags, price tags (paper, cardboard).
This printer uses multiple printing methods
- Direct thermal (uses heat-sensitive media).
- Thermal transfer printing (uses ribbon for thermal transfer to media).
- Standard tear-off mode allows individual labels (or label strips for batch printing) to be torn off after printing.
- Peel-off mode. If an optional decal peel mechanism is installed, the backing material of the decal can be peeled off during printing. The next label will only be printed if the printed label is removed from the printer.
- Cutting the media. If an optional media cutter is installed, the printer may cut the liner between labels, receipts, or labels depending on the type of cutter.
- Autonomous work mode. The printer can work in stand-alone mode (without connecting to a computer) thanks to the function of automatic label formation (based on programming) or using a data input device. In this mode, you can connect various input devices to the printer’s serial port, such as a scanner, scales, Zebra KDU Plus keyboard display modules or KDU with KDU adapter, etc.
- Shared network printing. Printers with an Ethernet connector include an internal print server configurable via the ZebraLink web page and ZebraNet software to manage and monitor the status of Zebra printers on the network.
- Standard media. Most standard (sheet) media use an adhesive layer that bonds both individual labels and groups of labels to the backing.
- Continuous roll media. Most continuous roll media are direct thermal media (similar to fax paper) and are used to print receipts and tickets.
- Label. Labels are usually printed on thick paper (up to 0.19 mm thick).
- Printer Construction: Double Wall Frame.
- Technologies: Replacing the print head and rollers does not require special tools; OpenACCESS ™ system for easy loading of print media; Fast and easy installation of the ink ribbon; Automatic calibration of print media.
The main advantages of this printer model
- The GX430t printer provides thermal transfer and direct thermal printing at speeds up to 4 ips at a print density of 300 dpi.
- Automatically detects and switches between ZPL and EPL programming languages and label formats.
- OpenAccess design that allows for convenient and easy media loading.
- Designed to provide the industry’s easiest thermal tape loading.
- Control with display of color code signals on the indicator.
- Resident scalable font, font loading support, fonts.
- Unicode and resident bitmap fonts.
- Improved printer performance: faster print speeds.
- 32-bit processor and VCSEL media laser sensors.
- Checking the Print Head and Printer Maintenance Messages.
- Maximum label and liner length: 990 mm.
- Maximum label and liner width: 19 to 108 mm.
- Media thickness: 0.076mm to 0.19mm.
- Media Type: Roll or Fanfold, Cut or Continuous, Direct Thermal Labels with / without Black Marks, Tag Paper, Roll Receipt Paper, Wristbands.
- Inner diameter of label roll core: 25 to 40 mm.
- Roll outer diameter: 35 mm.
- Roll width: 33.8 mm to 109.2 mm.
- Ribbon core inner diameter: 12.7mm.
Material consumption: 1 meter of ink ribbon per meter of label roll.
- Operating temperature: 4.4 ° C to 41 ° C.
- Storage temperature: 40 ° C to 60 ° C.
- Operating humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- Storage humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- Electrical Specifications: Power.
- Auto setup (PFC compliant) AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz.
- Emissions and exposure: FCC Part 15 Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick, EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-0 and EN 55024, CCC.
- Safety standard: CB Scheme IEC 60950: 1991 A1 A2 A3 A4, TÜV, NRTL, IRAM, NOM, AAMI, CCC.
- Serial interface universal port Bidirectional parallel interface.
- RS-232, DB-9 USB 1.1 Centronics®.
TSC Thermal Transfer Label Printers
The company offers a wide range of models that differ in functionality, performance and other parameters. A distinctive feature of the brand is the compactness and versatility of equipment, compatibility with most programs and technology. The reliability of TSC technology is backed by a guarantee, and two printing methods will save financial investments on consumables.
Atol Thermal Transfer Label Printers
Each manufacturer develops its own programming language for their devices, which ensures the exact transmission of commands with the specified label parameters.
How to choose a thermal transfer label printer
The determining factors for choosing a thermal transfer label printer will be:
Power. large-scale runs require an industrial model that can run for many hours without interruption, producing a large number of labels. For medium and small volumes, it is better to purchase a thermal transfer printer of a desktop format of the basic or middle class with a lower cost; Print speed. the speed of transfer of images is important for mass labeling, the performance parameter is indicated in the characteristics of the model, measured in millimeters per second. Print Resolution — The resolution or print quality is selected based on what you will be printing. For standard labels, print at 203 dpi is fine. If you need to print a barcode, small text, then it is better to choose a higher quality. 300 dpi. If it is supposed to print miniature two-dimensional barcodes, very small print, then one-way choice should be stopped on the quality of 600 dpi. Print format. the width and length of the print, the possible format of the labels, their shape directly depends on the capabilities of the printer. This is a very important parameter to consider when buying a printer. Functionality and Options. For ease of use of thermal transfer printers, manufacturers build in many useful features, for example, built-in memory for storing label templates so that information is not entered every time. Additionally, the printer can be equipped with a label rewinder, auto cutter and other options that facilitate operation; Brand. Better to invest in a trusted, reliable brand that offers service and quality assurance.
The main components of a thermal transfer printer:
thermal head. pressed by a roller on which a carrier made of paper or any other material is located; Ribbon. a mandatory attribute for thermal transfer printing, consists of a polyester film coated with wax or a special resin. It is these substances that put the symbols on the label; control board. receives and transmits commands to the mechanism from a computer to a printer according to a given template.
Popular Thermal Transfer Printer Models
Thermal transfer printers are represented by a wide variety of manufacturers and models, but we will only list the most popular models.
Label printer with 203 dpi print quality for labels from 20 to 118 mm wide. Maximum print length 300 mm. Supports printing on thermal labels, matte and semi-glossy paper, polypropylene, polyethylene, textiles. Connected via USB. Printer speed up to 10 cm per second. Linear and 2D barcode printing supported.
Label printer with 203 dpi print quality, print speed up to 15 cm per second, built-in memory for printing labels from 0.5 to 279 cm long and 2 to 11 cm wide.Connects via USB.
Label printer with 203 dpi resolution for printing labels from 1.5 to 6 cm wide. Supports both 1D and 2D barcode printing. Printing speed reaches 13 cm per second. There is a built-in memory. Supported interfaces are USB, RS-232 and Ethernet. GoLabel label editing software included.
Label printer with 203 dpi resolution. Suitable for printing on thermal labels, paper, plastic, textiles, nylon and other materials. The printer is capable of printing up to 5000 units of labels per day. Supported interfaces are USB, RS232, Ethernet. The device prints up to 104 mm wide. labels up to 991 mm long. Model prints linear and 2D barcodes.
High power label printer with 600 dpi resolution. Withstands printing up to 7 thousand labels per day. The model is equipped with a touchscreen display. Connection via USB, RS232, Ethernet. The device supports printing on widths up to 105 mm, maximum print length is 381 mm. Barcodes and graphics are printed. Printing speed approx. 80 mm. per second.
Need help finding a printer?
Don’t waste your time, we will provide a free consultation and select a suitable thermal transfer label printer.
Device and principle of operation
OKI Printer Testing
The COPITAN group of companies is the exclusive distributor of The Magic Touch thermal transfer paper in Russia.
Our customers often have a question. which printer is best suited for printing on The MagicTouch thermal transfer paper?
As practice has shown, when working with some printers, difficulties arise with the passage of thermal transfer paper through the fuser (oven where the toner is fixed). World renowned thermal transfer paper manufacturer The Magic Touch recommends OKI Printing Solutions’ C5000 series color LED printers on most of its thermal transfer papers on its home page. Qualification Tests carried out by the company have shown that this series of printers achieves the best performance with thermal transfer papers. OKI printers have been tested to handle all CL materials and The Magic Touch thermal transfer papers with ease. In this case, the supply of thermal transfer paper is possible from both the universal and the main lower tray.
The C5000 series printers are built using single-pass tandem technology: 4 color cartridges are arranged horizontally in a row, which makes it possible to ensure uninterrupted feeding of media with different characteristics. Low temperature fusing allows most thermal transfer media to be used, as well as a wide range of common print media from transparencies to 200gsm or more board.
The Magic Touch Paper and OKI C711WT White Toner Printer
TheMagicTouch, world leader in thermal transfer of digital images,
presents the new OKI C711WT LED printer.
Exclusive OKI C711WT with white toner. it is a unique and innovative white toner technology. Provides excellent white printing for transferring color images to dark materials such as folders, mugs, binders, leather, imitation leather and PU surfaces, as well as clothing and textiles.
In conjunction with the release of a new printer, TheMagicTouch has redesigned and simplified the complex white transfer workflow for WOW 7.2 paper. Now the technological process is simplified and minimized. Two steps for the new WoW7.7 paper, combined with the C711WT, makes the perfect, affordable solution for personalizing garments, regardless of fabric, color or type, without any complicated steps. The image transfer process takes place at a minimum temperature of 135 ° C, which allows you to preserve the structure of the material.
8 Best Thermal Transfer Printers 2019
The use of white toner significantly expands the decorative possibilities in decorating any materials and products.
The use of CPM paper in the printer with white toner now allows you to transfer any drawings to dark mugs, diaries, leather, PU products, cases for phones and tablets. White toner has unique transfer bonding properties, allowing lower temperature and pressure to be used.
All TheMagicTouch transfer papers are great for OKI C711WT.
Especially for its customers, TheMagicTouch company has developed software that allows you to manage the printing process and control the use of white toner. Space control 2.
Recommend a printer for printing on paper 250g / m2
| Message Sent on September 04, 2014.12:53 Roman67
- Posts: 5,865
- Registration Date: 04 Apr 12
- Reputation: 1503
- Reputation 2019:
| Message Posted on September 09, 2014 18:47 combain
- Posts: 10 613
- Registration: 20 Jul 14
- Reputation: 1700
- Reputation 2019:
| Message Sent 09 September 2014 20:25 Santticc
- Posts: 355
- Registration: 25 Aug 10
- Reputation: 36
| Message Sent 09 September 2014 18:41 Don
How does a thermal transfer printer work? (EN)
- Posts: 2,273
- Registration: 17 Feb 10
- Reputation: 514
- Reputation 2019:
CISS Forum: Recommend a printer for printing on paper 250g / m2. CISS Forum
| Message Posted on September 09, 2014 20:20 combain
- Posts: 10 613
- Registration: 20 Jul 14
- Reputation: 1700
- Reputation 2019: