What’s stopping you from using iTunes or iCloud to sync data from one iPhone to another?
When you use iTunes or iCloud to send data from one iPhone to another, you should back up your data to iTunes or iCloud. Without this step, you will not be able to sync data from one iPhone to another. Also, if your new iPhone is already set up, you must erase the iPhone so that the data on the new iPhone can be restored. These difficult and tedious steps inevitably make you feel difficult and impatient. So you might want to find an easy way to quickly copy data.
Here, we recommend that you use AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro to copy your data from one iPhone to another. It can transfer data from one iPhone to another easily and directly without any settings on your iPhone.
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
When you use iTunes to sync data from your current iPhone to a new one, the first step is to back up your current iPhone’s data to iTunes. You can follow below steps to sync data from one iPhone to another.
Connect your current iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Click the iPhone icon and click Back Up on the Summary page for your iPhone. When done, disconnect your current iPhone.
Connect your new iPhone. Click the iPhone icon. On the Summary page, click Restore a backup. to select the backup you just made. Then you will get data about your new iPhone.
4 Ways to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Have a new iPhone and want to sync your old contacts, pictures, music and other data from your old iPhone to your new one? Usually, using iTunes or iCloud to send data from iPhone to iPhone can instantly cross your mind. However, many iPhone users find these two methods trivial and complicated and wonder if there are other easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Here’s the right place to find the answer. In this post, you will find easy ways to transfer data from one iPhone to another besides iTunes and iCloud.
Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Option 2: Using iPhone Migration to iOS 12.4 or Later.
If both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or later, you can use iPhone Migration to transfer all data directly from your current iPhone to your new one. You can do this wirelessly or by connecting your iPhone together. You can choose the wired method if the wireless network you are using is slow or congested.
Check if your both iPhones (new and current) meet the following requirements:
- Both iPhones are running iOS 12.4 or higher.
- Both iPhones are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Bluetooth enabled on both iPhones.
- To transfer data wirelessly, hold your current iPhone next to your new one and connect both iPhones to power.
- To transfer data over a wired connection, charge both iPhones to 100% and then connect them using the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Cable and Adapter, Lightning to USB Cable, or USB-C Cable. Keep two iPhones connected via this cable throughout the entire process.
Steps to transfer data from iPhone to transfer data directly from one iPhone to another:
Turn on your new iPhone and place it next to your current iPhone. Or, if you want to transfer data over a wired connection, connect your iPhones with a cable and adapter (if needed).
When you see Fast Startup appear on your current screen, check the listed Apple ID to make sure it is accurate, then click Continue. If you don’t see an option to continue on your current iPhone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
Wait for the animation to appear on your new iPhone. Hold your current iPhone over your new iPhone, then center the animation in the viewfinder. Wait for the “Done” message on your new iPhone. If you are unable to use your current iPhone camera, tap Authenticate Manually, then follow the onscreen instructions.
When prompted, enter the current iPhone passcode on the new iPhone.
Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone.
Click “Transfer from iPhone” to start transferring data from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone.
For wired method, the transfer icon as below indicates your iPhones are connected.
Follow the onscreen instructions to transfer settings such as Apple Pay and Siri.
If you have an Apple Watch and are setting up a new iPhone, you will be asked if you want to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings.
Option 1: Using Quick Launch in iOS 11 or later
If both iPhones have iOS 11 or later, you can use Quick Start to set up your new iPhone. Then you can restore data from current iPhone to new one from iCloud backup. Therefore, before using Quick Start, you need to back up your current iPhone to iCloud.
- Your old and new iPhone running iOS 11 or newer.
- Bluetooth enabled on both iPhones.
- Wi-Fi is enabled on both iPhones.
- Back up data from current iPhone to iCloud.
- Keep two iPhones close to each other.
- This method uses both iPhones, so be sure to set a time when neither will be needed within minutes.
Steps to use Quick Start to recover data from current iPhone to a new one:
Place two iPhones close to each other. During the initial setup of a new iPhone, a Quick Start screen appears on your current iPhone, prompting you to use your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone. Make sure you want to use your Apple ID, then click Continue.
An animation screen will appear on the new iPhone. Hold your old iPhone on top of your new iPhone to center the animation in the viewfinder. Wait for the message “Done” on the new iPhone.
On the new iPhone, enter your current iPhone passcode. Then tap your preferred Wi-Fi network, enter your Wi-Fi password, then tap Join. Then click Continue on Screen Data Privacy.
Set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone. Then enter your Apple ID password on your new iPhone.
Your new iPhone will offer a choice of Restore your apps and data and you just click Continue or Choose another backup. Review the Terms and Conditions and click Agree. Then click Continue on Settings from your backup.
On the next few screens of your new iPhone, you’ll need to turn location services on or off, choose the Siri setting, choose the Apple Pay setting, and choose whether to share your app analytics with Apple. A progress bar is then displayed until the restore operation is complete. You may have to wait a while to get the data on your new iPhone.
What AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro Can Do For You
- Copy data including contacts, photos, pictures, music, videos and more from one iPhone / iPad / iPod to another, iOS 13/14 supported.
- Synchronizing Data from iPhone / iPad / iPod to Computer.
- Import data from PC to iPhone / iPad / iPod.
Steps to sync data to new iPhone:
Download and Install AnyMP4 iPhone Transfer Pro on your computer then launch it.
Connect both iPhones to your computer with a USB cable. Select old iPhone as iPhone source, then you will see its information. And the new iPhone will be the target iPhone by default.
When your phones are successfully connected to the computer, you can select the data to move.
Click the iPhone icon to transfer the selected data from one iPhone to another. Wait a while and you will receive data about your new iPhone.
Fast data transfer from iphone to iphone
You bought a new Iphone and you want to transfer all data from your old device to your new one. There are several ways to transfer data to a new device, but I will tell you the easiest and fastest. No computer, laptop, cords and iTunes.
I unpack a new phone (in my case it is an Iphone 12 pro max) or a used one, there is no difference, the instructions for data transfer are universal. Before transferring data, it is advisable to charge both phones so that they do not sit down while transferring data. Then, I hold down the power button, and hold it until the apple appears on the screen, when the apple appears on the screen, I release the power button. I’m waiting for the device to turn on. After turning on the device, you need to select the language. I look for Russian in the list and select it. Then we select the country or region of residence, choose “Ukraine” from the list, as a rule, it is at the very bottom of the list in alphabetical order. Please note that transferring data from device to device is possible only if the IOS on two devices is not lower than version 11, while Bluetooth must be enabled on two devices. I bring the old phone to the new phone, I got the inscription “setting up a new Iphone” on the old phone.
To continue the setup, you need to unlock the device, click “Unlock to continue”. You can unlock using Face ID or enter a passcode. I enter the password code that is set on the old phone.
After unlocking the old device, the inscription “setting up a new Iphone” appeared, press the “Continue” button. Now you need to bring the image that is displayed on the new phone to the camera of the old phone. When the camera has detected the images, the old phone will display “Completing on the new Iphone”. While the information is being transferred, leave your old phone next to the new one. On the new phone, we enter the password code that is set on the old phone from which we are transferring information. On the screen of the new phone, the inscription “Iphone Settings” appeared. In the next window, Iphone Activation occurs, we wait about one minute.
The new software download process will take approximately 24 minutes. We are waiting for the download of the new software to finish. During the download process, the time may vary depending on the speed of the Internet. After downloading the software, the message “Check for update” will appear. We are waiting for the Iphone to check the downloaded software. After checking for updates, the Iphone will reboot and the Iphone update process will start. We are waiting for about 15 minutes, the time depends on the software version and your device.
After software update. The screen will display the message, reconnect, then prepare for the transfer. We are waiting until the end of the preparation for the transfer.
The process of transferring data from the old Iphone to the new one has begun. Phones should lie next to each other. We are waiting for the data transfer to end.
The data transfer process will complete in about 19 minutes, but the time may vary during the transfer process. As you can see, the transfer process already takes 24 minutes. We just have to wait.
The transfer of data (photos, videos, contacts and applications) is almost complete. The process took approximately 40 minutes.
On the old Iphone, the inscription “Transfer complete” appeared. Also, Apple recommends that before you give or sell an old phone, you need to erase its contents. To do this, go to the settings, and select “Erase content and settings.” The new phone is being loaded at this time, we are waiting for the launch.
After starting, we enter the password code on the new device (the password code will be the same as on the old phone), after which you can change it in the “Settings” section. After unlocking, the message “Recovery complete” appeared, and applications and data will continue to download in the background. Click “continue”. The next window prompts Apple to share Siri audio recordings, I never share. Click “Not now”. We see the standard Iphone greeting, which means that it is ready to use, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to unlock the device. All applications appeared on the new device, but they are in standby mode and are not downloading. We need to enter the Apple ID on the new phone, click “Settings” and enter the password for your Apple ID account. After entering the password, press “ok”. Now, on the new Iphone, you need to go through two-factor authorization and enter the code that is displayed on the old Iphone. After entering the verification code, the application installation process will begin.
All applications on the new Iphone are installed and ready to work. It remains now to rearrange the SIM card to a new phone. We take an old phone and using a paper clip (which comes with the phone), if it is not at hand, you can take a regular needle. We insert a paper clip or a needle into the hole until it clicks and take out the tray with the SIM card. We take out the SIM card from the tray. With the same paper clip, we take out the SIM card tray on the new phone. It already contains a SIM card from an American telecom operator. We take it out and insert our SIM card into the tray and insert it into the phone. The network icon appears on the new phone, the SIM card is inserted correctly. Now we can make and receive calls. After installing the SIM card, the Imessage and FaceTime settings window will appear, click “ok”.
All data (photos, videos, notes, contacts, applications) from the old phone have been successfully transferred to the new phone, the SIM card is inserted. The phone is ready to use. That’s how easy it is to do it. Remember to erase your old Iphone. If you have any questions, write them in the comments below the video. See you soon.
Video. How to directly transfer data FROM IPHONE TO IPHONE without iCloud and iTunes? The fastest and easiest way.
This is the easiest way to transfer data and all information between two iPhones. You will need about 5-10 minutes, so it is better to choose free time. Also, the old device must have an iOS system of at least version 11.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and put it next to the new one.
- Now we turn on the new device.
- Next, you should see the Quick Start window. Make sure your Apple ID is correct before clicking Continue.
- An animation will appear on the new device. You need to hold the old phone over the new one. Next, wait for the completion message. If nothing works, just perform “Manual Authentication”. there is nothing complicated there, just follow the instructions.
- Now on the new iPhone, enter the passcode that was on the old one. The most commonly used 4-digit numeric code.
- Setting up “Face ID” or “Touch ID”.
- Now you will need to authenticate your Apple ID account. enter the password from it.
- Next, you will be prompted to configure all currently installed programs on the new device, as on the old phone. All this is done through the iCloud cloud.
How to Transfer All Information from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud without Computer
Hello everyone! Today in the article we will briefly talk about how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 11. There are several ways, so we will start with the simplest. I also highly recommend reading the instructions carefully. If you have any questions, then ask them in the comments.
ATTENTION! During data recovery, never turn off the devices, or disconnect them from the Wi-Fi network or from the cable when connecting directly.
Transferring a backup
You can transfer all settings from iPhone to iPhone using a backup. True, the second device should be new or should not be configured or tied to any of the Apple accounts. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sync your account. To erase all information on the old or new phone, go to the items: “Settings”. “General”. “Reset”. “Erase content and settings”. enter the password from Apple ID to confirm the operation.
- We turn on the new phone. Further, there is nothing complicated, we act according to the instructions, up to the item “WI-FI network settings”. We select your home or any network you know, enter the password to connect to it. Select “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
- Enter your Apple account details by entering your ID and account keys.
- Selecting the current backup by date.
- Updating iOS to the latest version.
- Setting up the iTunes Store or App Store.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
Fast transfer of all data from one iPhone to another can be done with a direct connection without using the cloud You can also use two methods. The first is the transfer of information over a Wi-Fi network. The second is using a Lightning to USB 3 adapter and a regular charging cable. In the second case, we connect one end of the Lightning to USB3 cable to one iPhone. To connect the second device, we use a USB charging cable and a free port on the adapter.
ATTENTION! Both devices must have an iOS version of at least 12.4.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and bring it closer to the new one. If you will be using a cable connection, then use the diagram that I described just above. We select the item “Quick start”.
- Further steps will be approximately the same as in the previous method. First, you need to verify your Apple ID. Then perform quick authentication using animation. Enter the PIN and password for the account. And at the very end, we transfer the application settings.
Recover data from iTunes using a computer
You can transfer settings, photos, files and all other data using iTunes. The most important thing is that the new device is not tied to any of the Apple accounts. To remove and clean an iPhone or iPad. look at the beginning of the previous method.
- We turn on the new iPhone or iPad to copy data to it. We act according to the proposed steps until the “Applications and data” window appears. select “Restore from Mac or PC with Windows”.
- We connect to a computer, laptop or Mac book, on which iTunes is already installed with the downloaded backup from the first device.
- Opening iTunes or Finder on PC.
- We select the required backup. look by the download date. You may also need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Updating iOS on a new smartphone.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone Using iCloud
If you use iCloud cloud storage, you can take a backup from there, and transfer all data wirelessly. For starters, it’s best to manually start creating a backup on your old device before installing it on your new iPhone. This will ensure that all the latest information has been archived and transferred.
1: take your old iPhone.
2: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If it’s discharged, plug it into the charger.)
3: Go to your old iPhone in Settings
5: Find and go to Backup
6: Click on Create Backup
7: When the backup is finished, turn off your old iPhone
8: remove the SIM card from the old iPhone
Be sure to wait until the backup is complete before proceeding.
1: Insert your SIM card into the new iPhone and turn it on.
2: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
3: On the iPhone Settings page, select Recover from iCloud Copy
4: Log into your iCloud account. (Enter your Apple ID and password.) And click Next
5: Select the last backup from the list and enter the iCloud password (if required)
Depending on how much data will be downloaded, including music and apps, this may take some time. Stay within Wi-Fi range as much as possible to speed up the process.
Your iPhone can get very hot in the process, and the battery drains heavily during recovery. Do not worry, after recovery the temperature will return to normal.
How to Automatically Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New
In iOS 11 and newer, it is possible to quickly transfer data from one iPhone to another. The only condition is that both smartphones must be next to each other. So, let’s begin:
1: Turn on your new iPhone or iPad and place it next to your old device (both devices must have iOS 11 or newer).
2: On the new iPhone, the “Quick Start” window should appear, where you will be prompted to set up a new device and enter your Apple ID.
3: After that, an image should appear on the new iPhone, scan it with the old iPhone.
4: When prompted for passcode, enter passcode from old iPhone on new.
5: set up Touch ID on your new iPhone or iPad.
6: You should now be prompted to restore data to a new iPhone from your latest compatible backup.
7: Choose what you want to restore to a new device a backup from iCloud or iTunes, set up as a new iPhone or iPad, or transfer data from an Android device.
8: Agree to the terms.
9: Choose whether you want to transfer some of the settings related to “Siri”, “Find my iPhone”, Apple Pay, location and privacy.
10: Complete the process of setting up your new iPhone or iPad.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
In this tutorial, I have described the easiest and best way to transfer all data from your old iPhone to a new one? Step by step.
So you’ve bought a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max, and now you need to transfer all your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Now you want to transfer the data that was on your previous iPhone to your new one, but how to do it? There are several different ways to do this, such as using iCloud or using a wired connection to your Mac or PC. Below are the best ways to transfer data to new iPhone.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with iTunes
You need a Lightning cable or a 30-pin cable (if it’s iPhone 4S or older).
2: Connect your old iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
4: Click on the iPhone icon in the menu bar.
5: Choose to encrypt local copy and add password.
6: If you are prompted to create a backup of your applications, click skip. (They will install anyway)
7: Wait for the backup to complete.
8: Disconnect the old iPhone from the computer, turn it off and remove the SIM card from it.
9: Insert the SIM card into your new iPhone and turn it on.
10: connect your new iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
11: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
12: On the Set up iPhone page, select Recover from iTunes copy
13: In iTunes on your Mac or Windows, choose restore from backup
14: Select the last backup from the list and enter the password.
Depending on the size of the backup, apps and music, you might have to wait a while for it to load. Do not disconnect iPhone until the backup is finished. At the end of the process, the device can be used.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone from Old Smartphone to Android or Windows
If you decide to switch from an Android or Windows Phone smartphone, you can also transfer some data from them to the iPhone, although not all, for example, you cannot transfer applications.
Questions about data migration?
If you have any difficulties or if you still have questions about transferring data from one iPhone to another, write in the comments below.!
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone
We tell you about all the ways to transfer all data from iPhone to new iPhone.
Buying a new iPhone is always a special occasion. Initially, you need to customize it for yourself and it is advisable not to lose data from the old device. If you had a smartphone from Apple before, then transferring data to a new device can be done with built-in functionality. There are several options for this procedure, and all of them are quite simple to perform. In this article, we will analyze them all and find the best way to transfer data to a new iPhone.
Quickly Transfer Data from iPhone to New iPhone
Use the Quick Start feature available on devices with iOS 11 and later.
- Place your old and new iPhone close to each other;
- Turn on your new smartphone (if it has already been used, reset to factory settings);
- Select the interface language;
- After that, the message “Quick start” will appear on the new smartphone, after which the synchronization window will appear on the old one;
- Confirm the start of the “Quick Start” synchronization and log in with your Apple ID;
- If the virtual button is not pressed, turn on Bluetooth;
- After the animation appears on the new iPhone, press the back of the smartphones together;
- Upon completion, the device will notify you of a successful data transfer.
Transferring Data to a New iPhone Using iTunes
To do this, you need a Windows or MacOS computer. Download iTunes from the official site and install it if it is not already installed. Then follow these steps:
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone without iTunes or iCloud￼
- Connect your old iPhone with a cable to your computer;
- Launch iTunes on your computer (if there is a program update, install it);
- In iTunes, go to “Browse” and click on “Create a copy now”;
- After completing the backup process, the phone can be disconnected from the cable;
After that, he connects the new phone to the computer and proceeds to transfer the data:
- Turn on the device. If the smartphone has already been configured, then reset to factory settings (how to do this. see the last paragraph in the article);
- Continue setting on your smartphone until the “Applications and data” item appears;
- Now click on “Restore from iTunes copy”;
- We connect the iPhone to the computer and select it in iTunes;
- Next, select “Restore from a copy”;
- The list offered will contain a recently made backup. We select it and wait for completion.
Don’t forget about charging on your smartphone. It is recommended to have at least 50% on both devices.
Transferring Data to a New iPhone Using iCloud
The way to transfer information through the iCloud cloud service is the simplest and most primitive. To carry out the transfer, you will need to insert a SIM card into a new device.
On the old device, you will need to log in with your Apple ID and create a backup. Connect to a Wi-FI network and do the following:
- Go to “Settings” on your smartphone;
- Go to your Apple ID profile (located at the very top);
- Find the “iCloud” item in the Apple ID settings menu;
- Go to “Backup”;
- Click on the “Create a backup” item and wait for it to be created.
If you have waited until the completion of the backup process, then you can start transferring it to a new smartphone.
- Turn on the new device and select the interface language;
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network and continue with the setup;
- When the “Programs and Data” item appears, select “Recover from iCloud Copy”;
- Sign in to your Apple ID account;
- Select the newly created backup and wait for the installation.
How to factory reset iPhone
To do this, you will need to follow a few simple steps. But before that, make sure you save all the files you need. Otherwise, they cannot be restored.
- Go to the “Settings” item;
- In the section “General” finds the item “Reset”;
- “Erase content and settings”.
How to transfer data to another iPhone via iCloud
How to transfer information through iCloud has already been described many times. The most important thing to do is create a backup. Without this, further work is simply impossible.
In fact, the transfer takes place automatically and does not need maintenance. The person will only need to start the recovery, and then activate the account.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to iPhone
When answering the question of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, it is worth paying attention to which iOS devices are installed. If in both cases the firmware version is 12 and higher, then the transfer can be carried out without any problems. The user can copy information both wirelessly and using a cable.
Important! It is recommended that you transfer files using a cable. So the speed will be much higher than with a wireless system. If, nevertheless, it is preferable to use the second transfer option, then the devices should be placed as close to each other as possible, having connected them to the Network in advance.
It should be understood that wireless data transfer is done using the Quick Start feature. How exactly the whole procedure is performed from start to finish is described in the previous paragraph.
To transfer data using a cable, the user will need a Lightning to USB3 adapter to connect the camera, as well as a Lightning USB cable. The adapter plugs into the new device, and the end of the cable is plugged into the old phone. The Lightning to USB3 adapter connects to the Lightning port of a 12W power supply. Next, transferring data via cable from iPhone to iPhone is as follows:
- after connecting all the wires, the corresponding icon should appear, indicating that the phones are successfully connected;
- as in the wireless case, you can independently determine what needs to be carried and what not.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
Transferring music, as well as copying basic information, is carried out in several ways:
- using iTunes. First, the tracks are transferred to the computer, and then to the new device;
- pre-throw your favorite compositions into the cloud, and then pull them out of there;
- use the iMusic program. In addition, a transfer cable and a PC are required. The music is saved in iMusic, and then it is dropped onto a new phone. In fact, the program has a functionality similar to iTunes, but is intended specifically for tracks.
How to transfer all information from iPhone to computer
Re-saying how to transfer data from phone to computer:
- Connect device via cable to PC.
- Drop information into iTunes (or any other that were indicated above).
- Rearrange the SIM card. Reset your old device.
- Transfer data to a new smartphone by first connecting it to a PC. To do this, the screen is selected “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Select the desired copy in the program.
- Wait until the end of the procedure.
Note! Managing and transferring data using iTunes is quite simple, so most users do not have any problems with it. But where to get the information if difficulties nevertheless arise? There is a good instruction on how to use iTunes.
How to transfer everything from an old iPhone to a new one
Before copying the necessary files from one iPhone to another, you need to prepare. What you need to do:
- For Apple Watch owners, before starting the entire procedure for transferring files, it is very important to turn off the connection between the gadget and the old device. If you do this, the data is automatically backed up by the hour. Accordingly, then it will be possible to restore everything;
- be sure to create a backup copy of all available information (contacts, calls, records, applications, etc.);
- prepare an Apple ID, as well as a password;
- rearrange the SIM card in the new phone in advance. If the card does not fit the device, it is recommended to call your cellular operator.
There are three main ways how you can transfer data from one phone to another:
- a special feature called “Quick Start”. How it is carried out was described earlier. The main advantage is that all settings and information transfer are automatic. The only condition is that the iPhone or iPad must have firmware version 11 or higher;
- iCloud cloud storage. In essence, this is creating a backup copy in the cloud and then uploading it to a new device;
- using a computer and iTunes. A backup copy is also created, but this time on a PC. The convenience of this method lies in the fact that data transmission occurs through a cable, which means that the time is significantly reduced. In addition to iTunes, you can use third-party programs.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start Feature
The purchase of a new iPhone is a joyous occasion for the Apple user. The problems that he may face are saving and transferring all the data accumulated on the old device. There are several options for how you can transfer the necessary information from one phone to another, and this is described below.
How to transfer data from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6
There are several ways to transfer data from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6. In this case, it all depends on which option will be more preferable and simple for the user himself.
Option number 1 is to use iCloud. What do we have to do:
- First of all, you should make sure that this function is active on the devices. If not, you just need to turn it on. This is done through the settings.
- Going to the “iCloud” section itself, you need to set “Copy all information”. In this case, there will be no separation, absolutely everything will be copied.
- The saved copy will be moved to the Apple server. Upon completion of copying, you need to take a new device, go through user authorization and start the transfer already on iPhone 6. Works with other versions of phones, for example, XR.
The second copying method is using iTunes and a personal computer. The bottom line is that the data is transferred to the PC, completely deleted from the old device, and then copied to the new one. What the procedure looks like:
- iPhone 5 connects with a cable to a computer or laptop. You can use not only iPhone, but also iPad.
- ITunes starts up.
- A backup copy is created through the program. The main thing is to wait until the download is complete.
- The first phone is removed, then connected via the iPhone 6 cable.
- Click on “Restore from backup”. In the list that appears, select the last saved record.
- Wait until the end of the transfer. Reboot phone.
- If necessary, data from the old device can be deleted.
Note! In addition to these options, the transfer of information can be carried out using other special programs that have similar functionality with iTunes. You can use this option in cases where iTunes does not work for one reason or another.
It is recommended to use programs such as:
How to transfer data via “Quick Start” without a PC
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using the Quick Start app, step by step:
- The new phone must be switched on and placed next to the old one. For the data transfer to be successful, the old device must have iOS version 11 or higher installed. The Quick Start screen appears on your new phone. You will be prompted to use the settings with your Apple ID. Check the correctness of the identifier, click the “Continue” button. If the continue function is not displayed, it is recommended to check the Bluetooth connection.
- An animation should appear on the screen of the new phone. The user needs to pick up the device and fix it over the old iPhone so that the animation is located in the center of the viewfinder. If everything is done correctly, the message “Completing on new (iPhone name)” will appear. You can authenticate manually if for some reason the camera cannot be used.
- You will be prompted to enter the password on the new device.
- Enable and configure Face ID or Touch ID, depending on the option selected.
- When prompted, you should authorize your Apple ID on your new iPhone. If several devices are used at once, for example, also an iPad, then passwords are entered on each separately.
- You will be prompted to transfer the backup from iCloud or update the backup and then restore the data. The user can independently determine what from the data he needs to download, for example, applications, geolocation, and what not, for example, music. During the transfer, a Wi-Fi connection must be configured.
The procedure is quite simple and automated.
Note! If the user, in addition to the phone, has additional gadgets, for example, an Apple Watch, then during the data transfer, they can be automatically connected.
Transferring data “over the air” is a long process. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi connection and fast Internet.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone or iPad to New through iTunes
Note: The latest version of iTunes must be installed on your computer. You can update an already installed application on Windows in the Help → Updates menu, on a Mac via the Mac App Store update mechanism. The current version of iTunes is available for download on the official Apple website.
Connect your old iPhone or iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
Select the device in the iTunes window.
Click Create a Copy Now. If you want the data from the Health and Activity applications to be saved in the backup, check the box next to the Encrypt backup option and specify the password.
Wait until the backup is finished. You can check the success of the operation in the menu “Edit” → “Settings” → “Devices”. All created backups will display the creation date.
Turn on the device and follow the instructions until the Programs and Data screen appears.
Click “Recover from iTunes Copy” → “Next”.
Connect your new iPhone or iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
Select the device in the iTunes window.
Click “Recover from a copy” and select the previously created backup. Important! Be sure to make sure you select the latest copy to restore. Pay attention to creation date and size.
Wait for the end of the recovery process.
Finish setting up your iPhone or iPad.
Done! You have transferred data from your old device to a new iPhone or iPad and have completely prepared the gadget for further work.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
Sorry, please, for a stupid question, maybe, but I’ll ask everything: is it possible on an iPhone that has some music and, most importantly, ringtones, TO LEAVE music from a computer to which this iPhone has not connected before, WITHOUT Losing music information ? It’s just that the laptop, through which all my iPhones were synchronized for many years, was stolen. It turns out that now all that remains is to “make friends” the phone with a new computer, but I really would not want to lose everything that has accumulated there over so many years Simply put: there is a need to add new music to the existing music through a new PC.
Thanks in advance for your reply. I hope I have more or less outlined the essence of my difficult question)
Good day. The best way out in this situation is to use iTools. With it, you can either: a) simply transfer music and ringtones to iPhone from your computer; b) initially copy music and ringtones via iTools to your computer, and then re-sync the old content with new songs / ringtones via iTunes. In this case, neither music nor ringtones will be lost.
Learn more about how to download / upload music to iPhone via iTools here. There is also a lot of information about other ways to download music to iPhone, it can be useful.
Thank you very much for such a quick and detailed response. Do not tell me exactly where to read about iTools) I just can’t get my bearings here. Sorry. And thanks in advance.
Yes, and another question: you don’t need to jailbreak to use iTools? I really would not like
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone or iPad to New
After buying a new iPhone or iPad, the first thing most users want to do is transfer all the data from the old device to the new product. However, this process is not so obvious for many. We described in detail how to transfer data from an old iPhone or iPad to a new one via iCloud and iTunes in this instruction.
Important: before you start transferring data from your old iPhone to a new one, be sure to install a SIM card in the new device.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone or iPad to New via iCloud
Connect iPhone or iPad to Wi-Fi.
Go to Settings → iCloud → Backup
Click Create Backup. If the “Back up to iCloud” switch is not turned on, turn it on.
Wait for the end of the backup.
Note: if the new device is already configured, then you need to perform a full reset. To do this, in the menu “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” you need to select “Erase content and settings”. After resetting, iPhone and iPad can be set up as a new device.
Turn on the device and follow the instructions until the Programs and Data screen appears.
Click “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
Enter your Apple ID account information to sign in to iCloud.
Select the previously created backup. It is important to choose the latest copy. Only in this case, the current content and settings will be downloaded to the device.
Wait for the restoring process from iCloud backup to finish. After that, finish setting up iPhone and iPad.
Done! You have transferred all data from your old iPhone or iPad to your new one. A similar transfer can be performed using iTunes.
Add comment Cancel reply
To post a comment, you need to log in.
Receive new comments in this topic by e-mail. You can subscribe to new replies without leaving your comment.
Cross data transfer for iOS devices
Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer can transfer files flexibly to meet the different needs of users. With security and high speed, it makes data transfer between iOS, PC and iTunes devices free. It is an alternative but superior to iTunes. Here’s what he can do for you. With 60x high speed, you can transfer photos, music, videos, contacts, messages and more quickly.
Transfer most data between iOS devices in one click.
Copy files from iOS device to computer / Mac easily like photos and contacts.
Import data to iPhone from computer quickly.
Move data securely between iTunes and PC / iOS devices.
How to use iPhone Transfer
Start the software. Then connect your iOS device to PC via USB cable.
Select the data type on the left. Click Add Item (s), select the files or folders you want to add in the pop-up window.
Once you have selected the files, click on “Open” to start the process.
Launch iPhone Transfer. Then connect your iOS device to PC via USB cable.
Select the file type on the left sidebar and check the files you want to transfer
Click “Export to PC / iTunes” to choose where you want to go to start the transfer process.
Run this program. Then connect both iOS devices to PC via USB cables.
Select the file type on the left sidebar and check the files you want to transfer to another device.
Click Export to Device to select the target iOS device. Then the process will begin.
Your wise decision
Transfer and manage photos. You can create / rename / delete albums, view images and photos for your iPhone / iPad / iPod. And you can also convert HEIC images.
This contact assistant allows you to edit contacts of one contact or group on your computer, such as add, delete, modify, delete duplicates, backup / restore, and more.
You can delete / rename / create playlists on iOS devices and export playlists to another iOS / PC / iTunes device. What else? You can also add media files and folders from PC to playlists on iOS devices and play playlists directly with this software.
Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer. is a nice audio information editor that allows you to edit ID3 information such as name, artist, album, genre, artwork, etc., which allows you to enjoy the corresponding music files without any inconvenience.
With Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer, you can view all your media, including music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, music videos, podcasts, iTunes U, audiobooks, and voice memos. By the way, you can also preview the files in the playlist.
Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer is not only flexible but varied. You can stream music, movies, TV shows, ringtones, music videos, podcasts, iTunes U, audio books and voice memos to iOS, PC and iTunes devices.
You can import audio to create ringtones. It allows you to set the duration (usually less than 40 seconds for an iPhone) and cut out the part you want. Even the background music from the video, it also makes it easy to create ringtones and directly add the created ringtones to the device.
Check what users are saying about Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer
” I recently purchased iPhone 12 and am using this iPhone Transfer to transfer important text messages from old iPhone 8 Plus to new iPhone. All messages are transmitted successfully, without clutter and loss. Cool! June ”
” I have been using Apaeksoft for 2 years and got a lot of free tools from this site. They always provide updates and new products to help manage my iPhone comfortably. I will continue to support you Abigail ”
” I download a free trial of this software and transfer my contacts from iPhone to Mac. There are some problems when using it, and I contact Support. They gave me a quick answer and solved the problem. Great service Chloe ”