Description of iPhone recovery problems
One of the most common problems is error 3194. It occurs due to various reasons, but more often due to the consequences of working with the TinyUmbrella program or similar.
Get rid of error 3194 when restoring iPhone via iCloud:
- Go along the path in Explorer: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ etc and find the hosts file inside.
- Open this file using the stock program “Notepad” and find the line that contains the inscription gs.Apple.com. delete it.
- Remember to save the modified file and restart your PC.
Most likely, the error will not bother the user again when trying to restore the phone again. However, before starting work, it is recommended to temporarily disable the Windows firewall. the risk of blocking will significantly decrease.
Other common errors are 1013, 1014 and 1015. They may mean that you cannot roll back the firmware due to the impossibility to return to the old version of the modem. The solution will only help when using old models. To remove the error, you need:
- Download the latest version of the redsn0w program.
- Extract the downloaded file and open the utility as a PC administrator.
- Synchronize your phone with your computer.
- On the main screen of redsn0w select “Extras”, then “Recovery Fix”.
- Click “Next” and switch iPhone, iPad to DFU mode as shown in the instructions. It is not difficult to do this: for 3-4 seconds you need to press the “Power” key, then hold the “Home” for 10 seconds, release the “Power”, but continue to hold the “Home” for another 10 seconds. The program will display a timer for each action so that the user has no problems activating the desired mode.
Important! Other errors are easier to solve by contacting the technical support of the company. specialists will answer all questions.
Restoring iPhone through the created backup
After a factory reset, the phone starts working completely empty. there are no old user files in it. You can restore iPhone via iTunes using the created backup. Algorithm for the correct process:
- Open iTunes, connect your smartphone to your computer and put your phone into recovery mode iPhone, iPad.
- Go to the files section and open the context menu using the CtrlB keyboard shortcut.
- In the menu, select the item “Restore files from backup” and click on it.
Important! After user confirmation, uploading data from the cloud will start.
Recovery via Mac PC with macOS Catalina 10.15:
- Open a Finder window.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. If you are prompted to enter a password for the system or select a computer as trusted, you will have to follow the instructions on the display. If the password cannot be remembered, then you need to revive it through technical support.
- Select a device (in this case iPhone) when it appears in the program window.
- Click on “Restore from copy”. A message may appear stating that the software is too old.
- View the creation date of each copy and choose the one that works best.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the end of the process. You may be prompted for a password for the encrypted version of the backup. you will have to enter it to access.
- Do not turn off the smartphone after restarting and wait while it syncs with the PC. Once the iPhone is paired, you can disconnect.
Important! If you have problems restoring or accessing the required backups, for example, if you accidentally lock your phone, we recommend that you contact Apple Support.
How long does it take to restore iPhone via iTunes
The wait can take from 10 minutes to several hours. As mentioned above, it all depends on the volume of files and the quality of the Internet connection.
IOS version for recovery
Before restoring iPhone se, you still need to determine which version of the system is suitable for the phone and make preparations. The bottom line is that by developing new iOS “stamps”, the company stops signing old assemblies. Rollback and recovery on them is no longer possible.
You can determine which version of the system a user can recover to using the IPSW service. Going to the site, you need to select the iPhone model (it works for other devices of the company). The firmware, which will be marked with check marks, is provided for recovery. On the same site, you can download the firmware to perform the rollback itself.
Description of iPhone recovery methods
Many owners of modern gadgets are interested in how to restore iPhone via iTunes. This process consists of two stages:
- Factory reset (to a clean state).
- Restoring user data from backup storage.
- IPhone recovery via iTunes is available only for the official and current firmware version (requires a subscription from Apple). For example, a smartphone user with iOS 4.2.1, which has long been decommissioned and out of service, will not be able to initiate a rollback through the service. The application will throw a critical error.
- Relevant for people with a locked iPhone. When the firmware is updated, the version of the modem will probably be updated as well. For such smartphones, before starting the recovery, it is better to use the Redsn0w utility.
- If the user has not prepared a backup copy of the system in advance, then it will have to be restored in one step. the phone will return to the factory settings. All files and parameters will be lost.
Important! After familiarizing yourself with the nuances of the procedure, you can proceed to the very restoration of the smartphone via iTunes.
How to restore iPhone without a computer
You can reinstall the system without the help of a PC. Algorithm:
To complete the procedure, it is recommended not to break the connection and regularly connect to the network and power source.
IPhone Recovery via iTunes
The smartphone will have to be connected to a personal computer or laptop with Internet access. the device needs to download all the latest updates. Only then the program starts. IPhone Recovery via iTunes:
- In the program, open the “Overview” section, click on the line “Restore iPhone”.
- A window will open asking you to confirm the action. All the consequences of the procedure are described here. this is the complete removal of files and any information from the phone.
After agreeing to the terms, a long rollback process will begin. This can take 5 to 25 minutes. Immediately after the end of the recovery, the iPhone will reboot with the factory settings. data loss is possible if you reset everything.
How to transfer information using iTunes
This is an additional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. To apply the option, the customer must download the iTunes application to their computer. Also, the user must have a wire with him to connect the smartphone to the PC. A Lightning cable will do. The transfer operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the client must check which version of the program is installed on the computer;
- if iTunes is not the latest version, it is recommended to update it;
- then the old device is connected to a stationary PC;
- iTunes starts on the computer;
- after launch, a window will open, at the top of the page there is a smartphone icon;
- you should click on it;
- then select the item “Encrypt local copy”;
- you also need to add an access password;
- the screen will display a question about the need to create a backup;
- the user clicks the “Skip” button;
- the copying operation will start, it will take some time;
- when the procedure is completed, you should disconnect the old gadget from the PC;
- you can pull out the SIM card from the smartphone, having previously turned it off;
- now you need a new smartphone, connect it to your computer;
- the basic setup is performed, the language is selected and the Wi-Fi network is connected;
- iPhone Settings will be highlighted, you must select the “Restore from iTunes copy” section;
- now you need to go to the application and click on the “Restore from backup” button there;
- the client clicks on the last created copy and specifies the access password.
The data transfer procedure will take some time, it all depends on the number of files and contacts. Until the operation is completed, you cannot turn off the gadget or disconnect it from the PC. Once the recovery process is complete, you can use your new smartphone.
How to pass parameters if the initial gadget setting is used
When the company released gadgets running on the iOS 11 operating system, customers were able to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone. This procedure is provided during the initial configuration of the gadget. For the operation to be successful, you must follow the following instructions:
- on the purchased device, the language should be set, in this case “Russian” is selected;
- a window will appear on the screen for entering data on the Apple ID account, the user clicks the “Continue” item;
- an image will appear on the new device;
- it needs to be scanned by a smartphone that has already been in use;
- on the new device, enter the same access code that was used on the old phone;
- you can configure Touch ID / Face ID functions on the purchased gadget;
- after that, the smartphone will prompt you to choose to restore data from saved backups, you will need to select the desired.
- It takes 5 to 20 minutes to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new phone. It all depends on how the gadget works. When the procedure is completed, all parameters will be saved in the new smartphone.
How to create a backup
To completely transfer the necessary information from one iPhone to another, the client must create a copy of all the data contained in the gadget. This can be done using the Aycloud cloud. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- to transfer the parameters of an old smartphone, you will need to make a copy in the cloud;
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then select the “Menu” item, where the client clicks on the “iCloud” section;
- a list will open on the screen, in which the owner selects the “Copies and storage” subsection;
- if the client has the “Backup” service activated, then the latest version of the copy will be located at the very bottom, the date is also indicated there;
- if a new copy is required, you can create it yourself, for this click the “Create a copy” button;
- when all actions are completed, the copying procedure will begin, the duration depends on the operation of the smartphone and the speed of the network connection.
After a few minutes, the time when the last copy was created will appear on the screen.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Apple is constantly releasing new versions of gadgets, and iPhone owners are trying to replace outdated models with updated ones. But after purchasing a smartphone, you need to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Information is spread in different ways, it is worth talking about them in more detail.
How to copy data using iCloud
The user can drop the necessary files and contacts using the iCloud smartphone. To do this, you first need to sync. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer data to a new gadget. For this option to be available, the user will need to insert a working SIM card into the device.
Before transferring data from iOS to iOS, the client must create a backup. To perform the operation, you first need to connect your smartphone to the Internet via Wi-Fi. After that, the owner must log in to the Apple ID system. Next, the client needs to follow the instructions to create a copy:
- a section with settings opens on the cell phone;
- select “iCloud” in the menu;
- “Backup” is selected in the list;
- after the transition, the user will see a list, opposite the inscription “iCloud Copy” must be ticked;
- now the “Create a copy” item is selected.
- While the copy operation is in progress, it is prohibited to turn off the device.
As soon as the system creates a new backup, the user can start the operation to transfer the parameters to the new gadget:
- first you need to turn on the purchased device, a welcome message should be displayed on the screen;
- if such a window is not displayed on the screen, you will need to manually reset the settings to the factory settings;
- the client is now connecting the gadget to the Wi-Fi network;
- you can adjust the parameters of the smartphone until the item “Data and Programs” appears on the screen;
- select “Recover from iCloud copy” in the list;
- the owner of the smartphone must log into the Apple ID account through the iCloud system;
- the previously created backup is selected from the list.
After selecting the copy, the data download will start. The operation takes several minutes, during the process you cannot turn off the Internet on your phone.
- If the user needs to reset the installed settings to factory settings, he should open the section with iPhone settings. There the client clicks on the “Basic” sub-item and clicks on the “Reset” button. A section for resetting settings and content is selected from the list.
How to use the Quick Start option correctly
If the client has previously used a smartphone on which the operating system iOS 11 is installed, and the purchased iPhone also has this OS, then you can change all the parameters using the “Quick Start” function. To complete the operation, the client must follow these instructions:
- an old device is taken, it is placed next to a new gadget;
- now you need to turn on the purchased smartphone;
- if settings are already set on it, they are reset to factory settings;
- on the new cell phone the language “Russian” is selected;
- as soon as the “Quick Start” notification window appears on the purchased gadget, the automatic synchronization of the two smartphones should start;
- for the procedure to begin, confirmation from the owner is required;
- then the system will offer the client to authorize using the password and Apple ID login;
- this is necessary for full customization;
- if the button is not pressed, it is recommended to connect Bluetooth on the smartphone;
- an animated picture will appear on the screen of the new gadget;
- smartphones should be pressed against each other with back panels;
- it is now recommended to wait for the operation to complete successfully.
- For the transfer process to be performed without loss or errors, the devices must be kept as close to each other as possible.
Also, to perform the transfer without errors, you should charge both gadgets to a full battery and do not turn off the Internet while transferring files. If you follow these rules, then all parameters will be pumped without losses and errors.
The user can transfer music, contacts and photos from an old smartphone to a new iPhone in different ways. The easiest way to do this is through iCloud. If this method is not available, iTunes applies. New versions of operating systems have a Quick Start function.
What is needed to transfer files from iPhone to computer
iPhone is one of the most popular multifunctional devices from Apple
Another way is to use a Wi-Fi router. This method works for all Apple devices. Before transferring files, you need to install a new version of iTunes on your PC.
Note! You need to download iTunes from the official Apple website. Otherwise, there is a risk of installing malware.
When using aytyuns, it is worth remembering that the program is a data store that is directly related to the gadget. Deleted files in iTunes will be cleared from the smartphone during the next syncs. Transferring important documents to your computer can help you save and restore copies. Starting with the operating system iOS 7, users can upload files using the Internet. To do this, connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. On a PC, open iTunes and connect to the required smartphone. If the order is correct, the iPhone will show up in the Devices section.
iTunes is a convenient and simple program that allows you to store content
What types of files can be transferred from iPhone to computer
You can transfer absolutely any files from iPhone to computer and vice versa. This includes photos, videos and music, as well as documents, applications, books and more.
Program for transferring data from iPhone to computer
Program for transferring files to iPad and iPhone. MobiMover. Key features:
- works with both new models of iPhones and iPads, as well as older ones;
- allows you to delete unnecessary files, thereby cleaning up free space on the device;
- helps to download files from or to your computer;
- creates backups to avoid accidental data loss;
- fast data exchange between Apple devices.
Program interface in English
To work with the program, you first need to connect the gadget to the PC. You must first install iTunes, as the application will not work without it. Many users dislike using iTunes due to frequent crashes and the large amount of memory it takes up.
Once installed, MobiMover reduces the load on your computer and eliminates bugs and lengthy downloads. On the main screen of the program there is a little information about the device, as well as 4 types of work performed:
- Import from computer to Apple device.
- Transferring files to multiple devices.
- Transfer from phone or ipad to PC.
- Manual control.
Note! You can reset not only photos and videos, but also contacts, records, bookmarks from the browser.
The next program is Tenorshare iCareFone. The peculiarity of this utility is that you can work directly with connected devices without additional file transfers. The application also performs data recovery and backup. To get started, you should connect your smartphone to a computer via a USB cable and run the program. You can open the folder with photos through the icon on the main screen or by going to the “Management”. “Photos” item. Here you need to select the files you want to drop, as well as the folder to save. The settings change the image formats with ease. With iCareFone, you can transfer albums between your smartphone and computer.
The application carries out data recovery and backup
How to upload a document to iPhone from computer and back
There are several ways to send documents, spreadsheets, and other data to your computer or iPhone. One of the most common methods is iTunes. You can use this service if a program is installed on the smartphone that supports the format of the copied file.
Note! For such cases, the free Documents app works well.
After installing the application, it should be launched on the computer. The smartphone is connected via a USB cable or Wi-Fi. In iTunes in the left corner, select the icon that displays your mobile phone, then go to the Shared Files section and click the Documents button. It is worth transferring all the necessary information to the “Documents” folder. Depending on the number of files being discarded, this can take from a few seconds to 10 minutes. As a result, changes are automatically saved and documents are available on the device.
Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to Computer
You can transfer data from computer to iPhone and back in different ways. The choice of method directly depends on the type of transmitted information.
Moving music is not difficult, just know a few basic rules. ITunes is often used to manage files. It is a very handy and simple program for storing content. Using this method. the user needs to prepare the Lightning cable.
Note! To avoid malfunctioning, it is recommended to use the original cord supplied with your phone.
Only music purchased from the iTunes Store can be transferred from iPhone to iTunes. When downloading songs from YouTube and other third-party sites, you cannot transfer them to the storage.
The transfer of songs and playlists takes place in this order:
- A new version of iTunes is installed on the PC. If you are using Windows, you can check for updates in the Help section. On Mac computers, this item is at the top of the screen under the Check for Updates menu.
- A USB cable connects PC and iPhone. After connecting, you need to wait until the computer recognizes the smartphone. When auto sync is activated, iTunes will prompt you to transfer files immediately after connecting. Here you need to click “no” to avoid a complete overwrite of the library.
- In the “File” section, select “Device”. “Transfer Purchased from iPhone”. After that, iTunes will sync the music to the library.
You can store photos and videos on devices using the iCloud function, or on computers with Mac or Windows. The file cloud allows you to access your photos anytime on all Apple gadgets. If necessary, you can configure automatic synchronization. Each new snapshot will be immediately uploaded to the cloud.
File cloud allows you to access photos anytime on all Apple gadgets
To start using iCloud, you need to make sure you have the latest version. When using Windows, be sure to download the storage to your computer as well. After setting up iCloud, you should make sure that all devices are signed in with the same Apple ID information. Then the Wi-Fi connection is checked. To enable the work, the following actions are performed:
- The smartphone opens “Settings” and then the section “iCloud”. This is where iCloud Photos should be enabled.
- When using Apple TV, after the settings menu, you should go to accounts, where you select “iCloud Photos”.
- Mac computers go to System Preferences first, then Options> Photos> iCloud Photos.
- On a Windows PC, after opening the program, click the “Options” button, then “iCloud Music Library” and “Apply”.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac Computer:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. To import photo and video files, the program must be at least version 12.5.1.
- The device is connected to a PC using a USB cable. When using an SD card, insert it into the corresponding slot on the computer.
- When connected to a Mac, the message “Trust this computer” may appear, here you need to click “Trust”.
- Often, the “Photos” section opens on a PC on its own, if this has not happened, then you should enter it manually.
- In the “Photos” window there is an import button, where all available files for synchronization are located. To copy part of the files, they should be selected by clicking the mouse, and then click “Import Selected”. There is also a function “Import all new photos”.
- After the download is complete, you can disconnect the device from the computer.
The following method is suitable for Windows users. You can transfer files to your computer in this way:
- Apple device connected to computer using USB.
- After unlocking, a window will appear on the phone screen asking for access to files.
- After clicking “Allow” from the PC, you can view all the photos.
- You need to open the phone storage through Windows Explorer. To do this, double-click on “Internal Storage”.
- The DCIM folder contains all photo and video files available for import.
Applications in vCard
In this case, everything is simple. Install the app from the App Store, it creates a copy of the phone book in.VCF file format.
You need to transfer it to a new iPhone, open it and the phone book will be transferred immediately. Everything is done as quickly as possible. Also, I have already considered two of these applications in the article about transferring contacts from iPhone to Android.
To transfer to a new iPhone. turn on Bluetooth on both devices. When the file transfer window appears in the application. just bring both phones to each other with the unlocked screen and select the target phone to transfer the book.
Contacts backup transfer
Immediately after starting, agree to the request to work with contacts, click on the “Create Backup” button and select “All Contacts”.
If a window pops up offering you to buy a PRO, just close and click on “Open Backup”. Choose a method to send the file and forward it.
Via iCloud to vCard
In this case, you need a computer, because you cannot do this from your phone. If the PC is not at hand, skip straight to Chapter 3.
Follow step 1 of the first chapter to sync the numbers. Next, open on a PC. https://www.iCloud.com/, log in with your account. Click on the “Contacts” section, click on the gear at the bottom left and export the vCard. The file will download to your desktop.
Send it in any convenient way to your new iPhone, for example, by mail. Just open it on your phone and agree to import contacts.
If you receive a message that the format is not supported, click on “Open in” and indicate the item to add to the phone book, see the picture above.
iPhone 11 Pro: How to Backup and Transfer Data Over from Older iPhone via iTunes
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
When updating your iPhone to a newer model, you must first save the entire phone book that is currently available in order to transfer it to the new device.
Therefore, the question arises before the user. how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Apple took care of this and gave us several options on how to do this in literally half a minute of your time.
The previous article was devoted to what roaming is and the intricacies of its work. Now you will learn how to transfer. copy contacts from iPhone to iPhone in the easiest and fastest ways.
Run and click on the “Get Started” button, then on “Access Contacts”, and allow access. On the main screen, click on “Tap to Backup”.
To transfer directly to a new iPhone, click on “Export Backup”, bring both phones to each other and transfer the file.
One contact at a time
This option will be convenient if you need to transfer only a few numbers. Open the required contact in the phone book and select the item to share it.
Specify any way you want to transfer it.
Saving on the iCloud service
The iCloud internet storage service is available free of charge to all iPhone users. To transfer a photo from one to another phone, you must:
- go to the smartphone settings;
- open the “Photos” section in the “iCloud” category;
After that, in order to receive images on the new iPhone, you just need to go to the storage using the same Apple ID as on the old device.
Of the features of this method, it should be noted:
- small volume available for storing information (5 GB is given free of charge);
- synchronization is only possible using an Internet connection.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone
Technologies used by Apple allow holders of phones of this brand to take high-quality photos and shoot high-definition videos. But when the question arises: “How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes and iCloud”, many users do not know what to do.
Situations when you may need to transfer saved images to another device:
- Purchasing a new iPhone.
- Wanting to share your photos with friends or family.
- The need to reset the phone to factory settings.
But, no matter what situation happens, the main purpose of the transfer is to save images from possible loss or deletion.
How do I transfer images? There are many ways to transfer a photo. The most popular ones are:
- via iCloud;
- using iTunes;
- using special programs;
- via Bluetooth;
- third-party cloud storage;
- wireless Wi-Fi.
Instructions for transferring images by any of the methods can be found freely available on the Internet. This article will tell you about the two simplest: through iCloud and using iTunes.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes
The essence of this method is that photos are first saved to a computer, and then transferred to another device.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your PC at https://www.Apple.com/ru/iTunes/download/
- Find your device in the list.
- Select the “photo” section.
- Mark command “Synchronize”.
- Select a folder to save images.
- Click the “Finish” button.
- Wait until the end of the upload.
- Disconnect old and connect new iPhone.
- Find a new device in the program.
- Go to “Photos”.
- Mark the possibility of synchronization.
- Find folder with saved photos.
- Click “Apply”.
This method will help you transfer images from iPhone to iPhone without much difficulty. But it is worth remembering that the photos saved in this way will not be included in the general photo stream, but will be collected in a separate folder.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
In the left part of the window, go to the “Music” tab, and in the center at the bottom, click the “Import” button.
Choose which music files you want to copy from your computer to your gadget and start the process by clicking the “Open” button.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
There are two ways to accomplish this procedure.
At the bottom of the window, click the “Export” button and specify the folder on the PC where you want to transfer the pictures. After the end of the export process, the selected files will be there.
On the main screen of the program, click the “Sync to PC” button and in the window that opens, put a check mark next to the camera icon. In the “Choose location” box, specify the export path
How to easily transfer any information from iPhone to PC and vice versa
Users of iPhones, iPads and other gadgets running iOS are familiar with the iTunes program, which is very difficult for them to do without 🙂 It serves to synchronize devices, install applications, fill files, etc. After all, directly transfer, for example, music or photos from a computer to iPhone is impossible.
IOTransfer is an amazingly convenient program for transferring and synchronizing data between iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and computers running Windows and Mac. With the help of this software, you can not only copy and move files with just a couple of mouse clicks, but also quickly and efficiently manage iOS devices. How it happens. we will consider right now.!
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
In a similar way, IOTransfer can also easily put things in order in installed applications, voice memos, podcasts, e-books, etc. Unlike iTunes, the program has a minimalistic user-friendly interface, and a pleasant speed of work, without any lags and glitches.
What IOTransfer can do
In fact, the program is a full-fledged file manager, “sharpened” to work with Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, iPods). Here is its main functionality:
- Export and import data between iPhone and PC
- Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
- Sync iPhone with iTunes in one click
- Manage files and folders (delete, copy, edit) on iPhone
Unlike many other analogs, IOTransfer does not require a jailbreak to work. Just install the program on your computer, connect the device via USB cable and you’re done! For example, let’s look at some of the most frequently used operations by users.
How much does IOTransfer cost
One year license for IOTransfer Pro costs 24.95 (with a discount of 37%). The cost of a perpetual license is 29.95 (with a 50% discount). However, readers of my site can get this program for free.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud doesn’t give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it exactly: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic sync and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in their original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage size limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac computer, via cable and Wi-Fi
If you need to copy photo and video files from iPhone to your computer, there are several simple ways to do this: you can do it both via cable and Wi-Fi, as well as via the Internet.
This tutorial details the different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS, as well as additional information that may be useful in the context of the topic in question. May also be helpful: How to open a HEIC photo file on a computer.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer or Laptop
The easiest and fastest way to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Windows is to use the cable. the one you use to charge. The steps will be as follows:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to the computer and unlock the phone if it is locked.
- On the iPhone screen, you can see the request “Allow the device to access photos and videos” or “Trust this computer?”, Allow access if such a window appears.
- After a short time, Windows will configure a new device and your iPhone will be available in File Explorer.
- In the explorer, open Apple iPhone. Internal Storage. DCIM, inside there you will find additional folders that contain your photos and videos, which you can copy to the location you need.
Usually this method works without any flaws, but sometimes a problem is possible, the essence of which and the solution is described in a separate instruction: What to do if the Internal Storage and DCIM folder is empty on the iPhone when connected to a computer.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer using iTunes will not work (but copying in the opposite direction is possible). If the cable method does not suit you for some reason, go to the section on online photo sync.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Similar to the previous methods, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook, iMac, or another Mac OS computer using a cable (but there are wireless methods, which we’ll also touch on):
- Unlock your iPhone and connect with a cable to your Mac, if necessary, click “Trust”.
- The iTunes applications will open automatically on the Mac, we do not need it.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac or laptop, on the left, under Devices, select your iPhone. In the “Import to” field, select where to import the photos.
- If necessary, select specific photos that you want to transfer to iPhone, or click the “Import all new objects” button.
- By default, photos will appear in the Imported Items section, or in a new album you created in the Photos application. If required, you can export the photo as a file from this application at any time.
Also, in the “Devices” section of the “Photos” application, you can check the “Open Photos” item so that in the future, when the iPhone is connected, this application will open.
On Mac, this is not the only “built-in” method for transferring photos from iPhone, you can also:
- Use AirDrop file transfer on your iPhone (open the desired photo, press the “Share” button, turn on the AirDrop function (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on on both devices).
- In the latest versions of Mac OS, you can open the context menu on the desktop (tap with two fingers on the touchpad or right click with the mouse) and select “Import from iPhone”. “Take photo”. The iPhone will automatically launch the camera, and after taking a picture, it will immediately appear on your Mac.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy photos, in detail about this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
Create a ringtone right on your iPhone
Transfer via iTools
We figured out how to transfer new music through iTunes, but this is not the only way to transfer songs to a mobile device. If you don’t like the sync theme, use the iTunes alternative, iTools. It allows you to transfer tracks without synchronization, just like through a regular explorer.
- Launch iTools.
- Connect iPhone / iPad to Computer.
- Open the Music tab in iTools.
- Click the Import button and add the files. Supported formats. MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless.
- Click “Open” to start the process of transferring music to the connected device.
The main drawback of iTools is the lack of tools for organizing your music collection. If in iTunes you can create playlists and edit the title and description of songs, then iTools acts as a conductor, allowing only to transfer files to the device.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Apple devices only work with certain music file formats. If you transfer songs saved in unsupported formats, they simply will not be added to your iTunes library. Supported audio formats:
- MP3 VBR;
- MP3 (from 16 to 320 Kbps);
- Audible (format 2,3,4);
- AAC Protected (from the iTunes Store).
Popular FLAC and WMA formats are not supported. To upload such songs, you will first have to convert them to one of the appropriate formats.
Sync in iTunes
It is recommended to upload music to your device through the official iTunes application. You can download the latest version on the Apple website.
Launch iTunes, go to the “My Music” section. If you just installed the program, this will be empty. There are two ways to create a library: add files one at a time or in whole folders. To drop one or more songs, open the “File” menu and select “Add File”.
If you are going to upload entire albums to your device, select “Add folder to library” and set the path to the directory with music. When adding a large number of songs, a transfer window will appear. Wait until the procedure is complete, and only then proceed to further sorting the tracks.
Files in the Library can be sorted by artist, genre, album, or individual song. The last option is the most convenient for creating playlists and editing track titles. You can not sort anything else, but immediately throw off the entire library on the iPhone:
- Connect your device via USB cable.
- Wait for the device to be detected in iTunes. Click on the icon next to “Music”.
- The device menu appears on the left. Open the “Overview” tab.
- Scroll down to the Options section. Go in and check the box “Process music and video manually.” Apply changes.
- Select the “Music” section and check “Sync Music”.
You can sync your entire library or select individual playlists, genres, artists, albums. After selecting songs and pressing the “Finish” button, another confirmation window will appear. Click Apply, wait for sync to complete and make sure the selected songs are available in the Music app.
iPhone XS: How to Backup and Transfer Data Over from Older iPhone via iTunes
Transfer Music to iPhone or iPad via iTunes
To keep your music collection on your iPhone, iPad or iPod constantly updated with new tracks, you need to know how to transfer music through iTunes. The type of device does not really matter, since the operation is performed according to one algorithm of actions. The main thing is to set up the synchronization correctly, then the music will be transferred to both the iPhone and iPad.
Create Ringtone on iPhone via iTunes
Add comment Cancel reply
To post a comment, you need to log in.
IPhone firmware and how to reflash a smartphone via iTunes
In order for the smartphone to work, an operating system is installed on it. Also, Apple is constantly releasing updated software versions in which bugs have been eliminated. But there are situations when a client needs to reinstall the firmware on his device. You need to figure out when such a procedure is required and how to flash the iPhone yourself through iTunes.
When you need to download new firmware to your cell phone
You may need to flash an iPhone through iTunes on a computer in several situations:
- The operating system has crashed. When a serious error occurs in the software, the smartphone fails. To use the gadget again, you need to flash the device.
- A new software version has been released. The company has fixed problems and bugs in the old firmware. Also, the new operating system adds features and additional applications. Minor bugs and crashes fixed.
- Updating software for installing applications. Some programs may not work on older software versions. A firmware update is required for games or applications to work without bugs.
- The iPhone user can install the new version of the software for free through the section with the settings on the phone.
How to flash using iTunes
IPhone firmware via iTunes allows you to restore your phone to work. To download a new software version to your phone, you need to follow these instructions:
- the cell phone is connected to the equipment on which the iTunes program is installed, it can be a laptop or a stationary PC;
- the connection must be made with the original cord;
- then the owner should launch the iTunes application on his computer, if the launch process did not start automatically;
- when the utility and the gadget are synchronizing, the smartphone icon will be displayed on the screen, you need to click on it;
- after that, the user presses the “Shift” key and selects the “Restore” button on the screen;
- a file with firmware will appear on the computer, which was previously downloaded to the stationary PC;
- the file must be in the “IPSW” format;
- if the software is not found, the system will inform the client about it by notification;
- in order for the process of updating the system to begin, you must give your permission for the procedure;
- then there will be an automatic download of the firmware to the cell phone.
- During the installation process, the utility will delete all data from the cell phone. After the operation is completed, there will be no information on the smartphone. All settings will be reset to factory defaults. For this reason, it is recommended that you create a backup beforehand.
Also, the firmware can be installed via a Wi-Fi network. This procedure is called by users “By Air” installation. If an iOS update is already available on your smartphone, you can complete the process without a computer. To install, follow these instructions:
- first you need to go to the section with cell phone settings;
- then the item “Basic” is selected on the screen;
- now the client will need the section “Software update” from the list;
- the process of searching for new firmware versions will start on the screen;
- if there are new proposals, they will appear on the display;
- then the owner will have to click the “Download and install” item;
- when the procedure is completed, the new software will be installed on the smartphone.
It is possible to install a new firmware in DFU mode. This method is necessary if recovery via Recovery Mode is not possible. The mode is used in case of serious failures in the smartphone system. It is usually used if the cell phone does not turn on. DFU allows you to reset all installed settings. To enter this mode, the user must perform the following actions:
- the cell phone is connected to the computer using the original cable;
- then on the iPhone, press the “Power” and “Home” buttons at the same time;
- it takes about ten seconds to hold the combination;
- when the required time has elapsed, the “Power” key is first released;
- the “Home” button must be held down.
Not all users can immediately enter this mode, since there are no changes on the display. To understand that the phone has entered the desired mode, you should look at the iTunes program window. As soon as the procedure is completed, a message about the found device in recovery mode will appear on the screen.
Additionally, the firmware is performed through the recovery mode. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- the smartphone turns off, then the Home button is pressed and the cell phone is connected to the PC;
- then you need to start the iTunes program, it must determine the cell, then click “OK”;
- now you should select the item “Restore iPhone”;
- the item is pressed while holding the “Shift” button;
- after that, the file manager will be displayed on the screen;
- the required firmware is selected.
Then iTunes will perform all the steps automatically. When the procedure is completed, you can turn on your phone.
What is iPhone firmware
Before you install new software through a computer, you need to find out what kind of firmware methods there are. Today you can use two methods:
- Recovery. This method is used when the client cannot use the smartphone due to a failure. Cell phone won’t turn on or freezes constantly. In this case, the client can independently reflash the iPhone through the iTunes program. For the operation to be successful, the owner must have access to a stationary computer, as well as to an already downloaded operating system.
- Software Update. The installed operating system is changed to a new version that is offered to the user. The updated iOS will fix bugs and add new functionality. The update is performed via iTunes. Also, the operation can be carried out “by air”.
- Before starting the installation process, it is recommended that you prepare your cell phone for the procedure. First, you should make a backup copy of all data from the gadget. If the installation process is disrupted, all information will be lost. Backup will allow you to restore parameters and files.
What is firmware for a smartphone, why is it necessary for a cell phone
The update allows you to eliminate those bugs that were identified earlier in the system. The user will have access to new operations. He will also have access to applications that cannot function on older versions of the software. To give the iPhone more built-in features, the company is releasing new operating systems. They fixed bugs and added functionality. There are three types of firmware that are available for smartphones:
- official, it can be used by all customers, the download is free through the settings of the smartphone or iTunes;
- beta version, it can only be used by those who have a developer certificate;
- custom firmware is available to some customers, to download it, you need to have PWNage Tools and Sn0wbreeze programs, it is not officially distributed.
Usually, the installation of new firmware is required in order to unlock the iPhone and be able to use the smartphone with any mobile operator. This applies to older versions of cell phones. Also, in this way, the gadget is restored if it was blocked due to an incorrect password.