How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with Backup
The method that we will describe below is based on using the function of backing up WhatsApp messages on an Android phone and then restoring this copy already on a new device. iPhone. To use this method, you don’t even need to have both devices on hand at the same time: you can create a backup in advance, and after purchasing an iPhone, complete the process. So, we bring to your attention a step-by-step guide to transfer WhatsApp from Android phone to iPhone.
On your old device (Android), launch the WhatsApp application.
Go to the “Settings” section and select “Chats”.
From the list of possible operations select the option “Chats backup”.
Here you will see a list of available WhatsApp backups that were previously created. To create an up-to-date copy, start the copying manually by clicking on the “Backup” button.
Once the backup process is complete, uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device. To do this, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Application Manager”. WhatsApp. Click on the “Delete” button.
On your new phone (iPhone), download and install the WhatsApp app. Launch the app and log into your account using the old phone number.
After that, a message will appear stating that a backup was found, select the “Restore” option. After the restore process is completed from the backup, the WhatsApp chats will be available on the iPhone.
The method of using a backup is quite convenient, but you need to carefully monitor the process of creating and restoring a backup in order to avoid failures and errors in the course of work that can lead to the loss of all data.
Easiest Way to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
Perhaps the fastest and most efficient way to transfer all WhatsApp dialogs from old Android to new iPhone is to use specialized software. Tenorshare iCareFone for Whatsapp transfer is a utility from the developer Tenorshare that implements previously impossible cross-platform WhatsApp transfer with just one click.
Below we invite you to familiarize yourself with a brief overview of the main characteristics of the program.
- Easily Transfer WhatsApp Chats Between Android iOS.
- Direct WhatsApp Business Transfer between iOS Android. New
- 1 click to backup or restore WhatsApp data WhatsApp business.
- View and export WhatsApp messages and link backups to HTML.
- Create backups & restore iOS Kik / LINE / Viber / WeChat chat history on Mac.
- Compatible with iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 and Android 10.
The program has wide functionality and great potential. The presence of such a utility will allow you to remain confident in the security of your data and high-quality management of it. To use this program to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android device to iPhone, you need to make a minimum effort. Follow the instructions below.
Install the tool on your computer, connect two devices and click “Transfer”.
Then Tenorshare iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer will automatically back up your WhatsApp data. Then click “Continue”.
You will enter your phone number to confirm the WhatsApp backup.
Wait a few minutes, your WhatsApp will be transferred to your new iPhone 12.
This method is not in vain ranked first in our list of possible options for transferring WhatsApp data. As you can see, Android device data is transferred to iPhone with just one click. The program is extremely easy to use and pleases with fast and high-quality results.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Email
The WhatsApp application has a function that allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages through the use of email. To implement this method, you only need to have a registered mailbox (or two). Follow below steps to send WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Launch the WhatsApp application on your Android phone and go to “Settings”.
In the new window, select the category “Chat history” and click the option “Export chat”.
Next, check the WhatsApp message history you want to transfer.
The following message appears: “Adding media will increase the size of the exported chat.” Here you need to choose whether to send correspondence with files or without files. Choose the option that suits you: “No files” or “Add files”. Please note that if you choose to include all media files in the data being transferred, the volume of this data will become significantly larger, which means that the process of sending an email will take longer.
In the list of chat transfer options that appears, select the “New message” option (if you are going to send correspondence to your second mail or to another person) or the “Letter to yourself” option (to attach the data to the message that will come to the same mailbox from which it was sent ), type the text of the letter and click “Send”.
After that, go to your mail account on your iPhone phone, where you will see an incoming letter with the WhatsApp chat you sent.
This method is very simple, but it also has significant drawbacks. Firstly, only one chat can be sent using e-mail, and it will take a lot of time and routine efforts to transfer all existing dialogs. Secondly, despite the fact that the dialogues will be transferred from Android to iPhone, it will not work to sync them to iPhone.
How to transfer whatsapp to new iPhone?
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the options presented. For each of the methods, we offer step-by-step instructions, accompanied by screenshots, so that you can easily use any of them. to find out the advantages and disadvantages of using a particular method. In case the selected method did not work on your devices and did not transfer the WhatsApp dialogs to the new iPhone, you can turn to two other methods. However, to avoid wasting time and effort, we recommend starting with the easiest and most optimal way to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
4 ways to transfer whatsapp from Android to iphone.
WhatsApp is today one of the most popular applications among both Android smartphone owners and iPhone users. Simplicity and ease of use, prompt and high-quality communication, a guarantee of confidentiality, provided by end-to-end encryption of correspondence, keep this application in the lead for a long time. If you decide to change your Android to iPhone and want to know how to transfer WhatsApp to another phone, in our article you will find the top 3 ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Text and voice messages, videos, images and other media files. all of this can contain important information for the user or be just pleasant memories that are sometimes difficult to part with. So, below we will take a closer look at how you can transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone.
So, in our article, we have covered some of the best ways to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. Detailed instructions attached to each of them will help you to confidently and easily carry out this operation yourself, with a minimum of effort, and achieve maximum results. Leave your comments at the end of the article and share your ways of solving this problem. We are waiting for your results and advice to those who are still looking for a solution.!
How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
If you decide to change your iPhone to an Android smartphone, then you need to transfer all personal data from your old smartphone to a new one. In this article, we will show you 3 ways to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via email
You now have the ability to view old WhatsApp messages by email. However, you cannot sync WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android device. To do this, use other methods.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages to Android Smartphone.
- Connect your Android device to your computer via a USB cable. Copy the backup file from your computer to a folder on your Android device.
- Restore your WhatsApp backup.
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android device and log in with your phone number. You will receive a notification that a backup has been found. Just click on “Restore”. In a few seconds, all your messages will be available on Android.
Thus, using one of the presented methods, you can transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android while keeping the correspondence?
With the impressive progressiveness of modern smartphones and various mobile services, not all users know how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android while saving their correspondence. For example, if it is necessary to sell a smartphone, there is a corresponding need to move all data to a new device. The same applies to the message history of a popular messenger, which must be placed in a device running an operating system from Google.
The first step in the public domain is to find a specialized utility that can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. In fact, the program performs a relatively fast copying of all correspondence with additional photos from iPhone to another smartphone. The developers used the name WhatsApp Transfer, Backup Restore, while in practice a trial variation is available for use on the Windows platform, but there is a paid version for full further use.
- If you have chats in the messenger of your Android device, you should first create a backup copy for them using cloud storage, external storage, or by saving the data on your computer’s hard drive;
- It should be noted that after installing the program, a non-Russian interface is displayed, which can be considered the only drawback. Once enabled, in the main window, select the “Transfer WhatsApp messages” command. Additionally, the service will ask you to download the most current updates for iTunes, if a relatively old version is currently being used;
- Connect to PC iPhone and Android smartphone, which should be automatically recognized. Otherwise, it is advisable to repeat the connection of the gadget via another USB connector, while using the debugging function in the phone settings. It is also recommended that you ensure that iTunes is up to date;
- At the bottom of the interface, click on the “Transfer” button;
- The application will warn the user that all WhatsApp data on the Android smartphone will be cleared. select “Yes”;
- Then the process of sending files from the messenger from the iPhone to another connected device will follow, and the procedure requires a certain execution time;
- At the end of the execution, the utility will automatically display a corresponding notification, which indicates the correct sending of all data of the mobile application to the new smartphone.
The following technique involves the use of iCloud, while it is desirable for users of the most current device models of an American company.
The creation of a backup copy is carried out in several sequential stages:
- Launch iCloud;
- Open the “Storage” category;
- Next, you need to wait for the completion of saving in automatic mode, after which a corresponding notification will be displayed.
Then turn on your new Android smartphone, in which you want to finish recovering data previously backed up.
In practical use, the method assumes the use of e-mail, so a few simple points should be noted:
- Using your iPhone, go to the settings section and select the “Send chat by mail” option;
- For the correct implementation of the transfer of message history from the messenger, be sure to specify the parameter “Attaching data will increase the size of the message”;
- Upon completion, enter your own account address and click “Submit”.
To find out how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android while keeping the correspondence, you can use the restore option:
- In accordance with the previous method, create a copy of all chats in the messenger on your old smartphone;
- Delete the application on the iPhone;
- On a device with an Android operating system, go to your account via the messenger and enter your mobile number;
- Upon completion of the installation, the program will display a data recovery prompt, which must be confirmed in order to receive all correspondence on the new device.
- The application is perceived as the most popular in its category and surpasses any analogues;
- Intuitive and simple control with a complete lack of complexity and focus on functionality and attractive design;
- There is the ability to send both test and multimedia messages;
- A special version is available to run and use on a computer;
- Data exchange can be carried out with almost all subscribers who are present in the contact book of the mobile device.
The meaning of the technique is to create a backup copy of the messenger’s conversations on the hard drive, after which you need to send the data yourself to another smartphone.
- Download WhatsApp Recovery utility from Tenorshare;
- Connect iPhone using an adapter;
- In the window that appears, set the WhatsApp checkbox and click on the “recover” command;
- After creating copies of the correspondence, you should additionally connect the Android gadget;
- Find the folder where the received backup data is stored and send it to a similar section in the file system of the target device;
- Disconnect the phone from the computer, then open the messenger, and also register your number, which was used in the iPhone;
- In the menu that appears, select the “Restore” option to transfer information to a new smartphone.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with Wazzapmigrator
Wazzapmigrator is the most downloaded WhatsApp transfer app on google play. Basically this app takes all iPhone WhatsApp data and converts it to a format that Android Phone can read.
This is a paid app and costs 6.99. But it is a sure way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android if you follow the instructions step by step.
However, you need assistive software to do this, and the procedure is quite complicated. Want to take a shortcut?
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android using Wazzapmigrator:
Backup iPhone Data to PC with iTunes
Back up your iPhone to a local PC in unencrypted format. To do this when backing up your iPhone to your computer using iTunes, simply uncheck the “Encrypt backup” box.
You will need to download iTunes Backup Extractor on your PC. It will help you take a closer look at the WhatsApp files in the iPhone backup and extract them. We recommend that you use the iBackUp Viewer ‘which is free.
You can also choose iPhone Backup Extractor ‘which is free until 4 files are extracted (enough to download the WhatsApp backup file).
Extract ChatStorage.sqlite data, AKA WhatsApp to your computer
With iBackUp Viewer, you can extract WhatsApp files from iTunes backup. Your chats will be stored in the following location:
AppDomainGroup. Group.Net.WhatsApp.WhatsApp.Shared. ChatStorage.sqlite
AppDomainGroup. Group.Net.WhatsApp.WhatsApp.Shared. Media (it will be in the form of a folder, copy the whole folder)
Transferring WhatsApp Data to Android
Once extracted, you can import WhatsApp history (ChatStorage.sqlite) from PC to Android in various ways.
After transferring WhatsApp Data from PC to Android, you also need to download ‘WazzapMigrator’ on your Android phone from Google Play.
The final stage
Connect your Android phone to your computer. It will show you the internal files. One of these files will be the WaszzapMigrator Folder.Copy the files previously extracted from the iPhone using the tools mentioned in step 4 to this folder and hit the play button on Android. Then you can let the app do its job and do all your WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to your Android phone.
While this app is the most downloaded WhatsApp transfer app on Google Play, the process doesn’t seem easy and doesn’t always prove to be the most reliable way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via email
- First of all, go to the “Settings” section in the WhatsApp application on your iPhone, then click on “Chat Settings” and then select “E-mail Chat” from the list.
- Select the WhatsApp chat history you want to transfer. A window will appear informing you that the attached media files (i.e. images, videos, etc.) will be sent by email. If you want them to be transferred, then click on “Attach media”, otherwise click on “No media”.
- Then enter your email address and click “Send”.
- Log in to WhatsApp on your Android device, then log in through the account you specified in the previous paragraph.
You now have the ability to view old WhatsApp messages by email. However, you cannot sync WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android device. To do this, use other methods.
Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android with WhatsApp Transfer
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
Download and install WhatsApp Transfer on your computer. Works on both Mac and Windows.
Win DownloadMac DownloadWin DownloadMac Download Get a free trial by email to download to your computer
Enter your email address, we will send you links to download our products.
Once installed, you will see the Social Transfer App option on the top menu bar. Click on it and select WhatsApp Transfer module after connecting both phones to computer or Mac via USB cable.
Please note that in order for this process to work, you need to follow the onscreen instructions to enable USB debugging on your Android phone.
Make sure both phones are correctly detected in your WhatsApp Transfer program. When you click on the Transfer button, your WhatsApp data on your iPhone will start transferring quickly to your Android phone.
Depending on the size of your WhatsApp data, this process may take several minutes. You should also be aware that any WhatsApp messages already on your Android phone will not be deleted.
Export chats to e-mail
Let’s make a reservation right away, there is no talk of data synchronization here either. This is just a way to save WhatsApp messages and attachments attached to them, with the ability to view them from another phone. in our case, from Android. But in some cases, this option may be optimal.
How to transfer Whatsapp chats from iPhone to Android individually using email:
- Login to iPhone in Whatsapp.
- Open the “Chats” tab and open the desired dialogue.
- Click on the contact’s name.
- A list of available actions will open, among which you need to select “Export chat” to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android.
- Select the type of export. with or without attached media files (pictures, photos, videos).
- The iPhone will spend a few seconds processing the request, and then a list of services to which data can be sent will appear on the screen. Choose to send by e-mail.
- Specify the mail address. the one and the mail service that will be used on Android.
- Click “Send” to transfer Whatsapp correspondence from iPhone to Android.
It can also be the “Email yourself” button. it all depends on the version of your iPhone.
To the email address you provided. mail will receive a letter with an attachment, which will contain the history of the correspondence. Next, it remains only to go to the mail client on Android and open this message.
Transfer using a PC
Another working way to transfer is to back up your archive of WhatsApp messages to your Windows PC. The user will be required to perform the following actions:
- Connect an iOS device to a personal computer via a USB cable.
- If iTunes launches, close the application.
- Open a command line interpreter or terminal. To do this, use the “WIN R” key combination. In the line write the command “cmd”.
- Find the folder with the name of the messenger.
- In order to see the contents of the folder, use the “dir” command. Use the “dir / a” command to view system and hidden files. To change the directory. “cd [folder]”.
- Copy the folder with the messenger files using “copy [source] [destination]”.
- Connect Android smartphone to PC.
- Move the backup copy of the dialogs to the desired folder.
- At the last stage of the procedure, restore the chats archive. To do this, open the WhatsApp program on your Android smartphone. The system will offer to perform the recovery procedure.
- Confirm your consent.
Launch the iBackup Viewer app
To get started, connect your iPhone using a USB cable to a stationary computer or laptop, launch the iTunes media player and click on the icon of your iPhone on the screen. Make sure data encryption is disabled and click the Backup Now button. Then open your browser and go to wazzapmigrator.com, download the iBackup Viewer backup software. When the installation is complete, just activate the program.
What is the difficulty of transferring WhatsApp data between smartphones
Users constantly face problems when transferring data from WhatsApp and other instant messengers from one smartphone to another. over, in the case of transferring information from iPhone to iPhone through a backup, in which, as it seems, all data should be saved.
The problem is that WhatsApp internal files are often not transferred even through backups. Either part of the correspondence will not be copied, as luck would have it. the most important, then attachments will be trite, including valuable photos and videos.
That is why in this manual we talked about how to transfer correspondence and all other information from WhatsApp from smartphone to smartphone in the correct way. Transfer so that absolutely all data from the old smartphone is on the new one. It doesn’t matter if you need to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to iPhone or from iPhone to an old Android smartphone with outdated firmware. This is the main advantage of the method, which is much more efficient compared to transferring data with other utilities or manually.
To transfer WhatsApp data between smartphones, we will use the MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer utility. It also allows you to transfer data between iOS, Android and Windows Phone bypassing iTunes, Samsung Kies and other similar programs.
Transfer using backups
Another effective way to export your WhatsApp data archive is to back up your conversations on the first device and then restore them to Android OS. The user needs to follow this instruction.
- We back up the program data archive on the “apple device”. Open WhatsApp, then in the menu find the item “Settings”.
- Find the sub-item “Chats”, then “Copy”.
- Click the “Create a Copy” button.
- Perform the procedure for uninstalling the messenger on IOS.
- Download and install the WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone from the Play Market.
- After installing the program, go to the desktop of the device.
- Find the WhatsApp icon, then click to open the messenger.
- Authenticate using the phone number to which the account is linked.
- An information window will open, click on the “Restore” option.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete.
- Now WhatsApp conversations and media will be available on Android.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android Smartphone to iPhone
So, to copy chats from WhatsApp for Android into a messenger program adapted for use in the iOS environment, you will need to use third-party software. One of the tools that are effective in solving the problem under consideration and have proven themselves among users of the tool is a utility created by Backuptrans and received the self-explanatory name Android iPhone WhatsApp Transfer
The specified tool is distributed on a paid basis, but a trial version of the application with reduced functionality is available to each user before purchasing (a limited number of messages are transferred). It is recommended to carry out the procedure described below, initially without purchasing the program, and only then, making sure that the task is being solved effectively in your conditions, repeat the process using a paid full-fledged product!
Copy Information from WhatsApp for Android to PC
Connect the Android device with the installed messenger to the computer. Wait while the program integrates the components necessary for its operation into the connected device, and do not interfere with this process.
After receiving a notification similar to the one captured in the following screenshot, turn off Wi-Fi on your smartphone without disconnecting it from your computer. Click “Yes” in the window shown by Backuptrans Android iPhone WhatsApp Transfer.
Wait for the download to complete,
and then installing a specialized version of the APK-file of the messenger on the phone (in fact, downgrading WhatsApp to the version necessary for the Transfer program to work).
Click “OK” in the window with the message “Downgraded successfully!”.
Take your smartphone and tap “CREATE BACKUP DATA” on its screen.
Then click “OK” in the window-request shown by the Transfer program on the computer.
Wait for the completion of the process of obtaining the database from the mobile device.
This will fill the Backuptrans WhatsApp Transfer window with information. To save information (chats in the messenger and their contents) to the computer disk, click the first button “Backup Messages” in the program toolbar. Give the created backup a name and click “Confirm” in the window with such a request.
Click “OK” under the message “Successfully backup XX messages”.
This completes the manipulations necessary for the Android device and can be disconnected from the PC. As a result of the procedures, you received a backup copy of the chats and their contents on the computer disk, then it remains to transfer them to the iPhone.
Read more: Completely remove WhatsApp messenger from iPhone
Go to “Settings” iOS, tap on the name of the Apple ID linked to the device, open the section “iCloud”.
For the duration of the procedure for transferring the messenger from an Android device:
Read more: Disable iCloud Backup on iPhone
Go from the “Settings” of the Apple device to the section “Touch ID and passcode”, disable all types of screen unlock protection by performing the reverse operations described in the article at the following link.
Read more: Connect iPhone to Computer via USB
Create via iTunes necessarily encrypted with a password (!)
Read more: Back up iPhone to PC via iTunes
When the backup is complete, scroll through the information in the iTunes window, uncheck the “Synchronize automatically if iPhone is connected” checkbox next to the name.
Click “Finish” in the lower right corner of the iTunes window, and then “Apply” in the window that appears.
Transfer WhatsApp Messenger from Android Smartphone to iPhone
Replacing a mobile device always brings some additional hassle due to the need to transfer data from an old to a new one, and it is especially difficult to accomplish when switching to an operating system that is different from the previously used one. The next article will discuss how to transfer the WhatsApp messenger, as well as the information (chats) accumulated during its operation, from an Android smartphone to an iPhone.
The WhatsApp developers did not foresee the simple possibility of transferring the messenger, or rather, the correspondences existing in it from one software platform to another, therefore, to achieve this goal, you will have to use third-party software and not quite standard work methods. This requires careful follow-up of the instructions, but, even with strict adherence to the recommendations, it does not give a 100% guarantee of a positive result.!
local and cloud storage Google Drive.
This is done to hedge against the loss of information if “something goes wrong” and makes it possible to restore the client of the system and the contents of the chats in the environment of the “green robot”.
In the Android OS Settings “For Developers” section, activate the “USB Debugging” option.
and then “Finish” upon completion of the deployment of the program to the PC.
To quickly and smoothly use the WhatsApp Transfer functions, it is required to carry out some preparation of the datsource device on Android; iPhone, to which information will be copied; and also install the program on the computer used as a tool for data transfer.