what to do to fix the problem
For many inexperienced users of office equipment, it is still a problem to quickly remove paper from the printer if it is jammed. Troubleshooting steps will be different if the sheets are jammed in half, at the entrance or inside the device. But first, we recommend that you find out all the reasons why this happens, so that in the future this does not happen.
In this article, we will tell you what to do first, how to remove the sheet if a paper jam occurs in the printer and cannot be removed. The instruction is applicable for most models of printing equipment brands HP, Kyocera, Canon, Brother, Pantum, Samsung. Separately, we will analyze the situation when nothing is jammed and there is no paper inside, but the printer does not print.
My printer is stuck in monochrome and won’t allow HP Support Community
Good day. Thank you for submitting your request to the HP community. I read the post about color printing problems. I will be glad to help you here.
Excellent description and impressive troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the problem before publication. Kudos to you for that.
For more clarity and more help, I need more information on this:
- This happened after a software or Windows update?
- Are you getting error messages?
- Have you checked the printer settings?
Until then, try the following steps:
- Perform a full printer reset at this link: https://HP.care/2JrEVgC following the instructions in the “Reset Printer Settings” section
Then, uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level using the following steps:
- In Windows, search for and open “Programs and Features”.
- Choose your HP printer.
- Select Delete.
- In Windows, search for and open “Devices and Printers”.
- In the Devices and Printers window, find your HP printer. If you see it in the list, right-click it and select “Uninstall” or “Uninstall device”.
- Open the launch command with the “Windows Key R” key combination.
- Enter printui.exe / s and click OK.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Look for the HP Printer drive r. If you see it, click on it and click “Delete” at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Delete all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK in the print server properties Windows.
- Close devices and printers.
- Restart your computer again.
Sign in to the new user account after restarting your computer.
- Then download the latest full feature driver from https://HP.care/2Kx16z0 and install it on your computer after choosing the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to the computer only when the installer prompts for a printer.
If that doesn’t work, download the built-in Windows drivers. following the instructions in this link: https://HP.care/2o3acvH
- Follow steps 2 and 3 to remove the printer and add it again, that should help you. There is a corresponding YouTube video on how to do this.
- Go to this link: https://HP.care/2FKAR6l (HP Printers. Printer Driver Settings Guide (Windows) as it contains information about all the settings for your printer. Check the following settings:
- Color and black & white settings.
Follow these steps patiently as they are critical to solving the problem. Good luck to you. I will follow your answer.
Let me know how you are and have a good day!
To just say thank you, click the Thumbs Up button. to put me a “Kudos” for my relief efforts. If it helps, please mark it as “Accepted Solution”. since this will help several others to solve the same problem without issue.
Make sure you have a blessed week ahead.
I’m an HP employee
Solved: Printer is stuck in the cleaning printhead. HP Support Community
I understand that your HP Officejet Pro 8500 is stuck trying to clean the print head. I’ll be glad to help.
Have you plugged it directly into an outlet (no power rails or surge protectors)?
If not, I would move it to one because the printer may not be drawing enough power and this can cause unusual problems. Even if it was always turned on in the current configuration, there can still be a problem if it is not plugged directly into a wall outlet. information is available at this link: Problems connecting to an uninterruptible power supply / extension cord / surge protector.
The next thing I would do is do a hard reboot. A hard reset will attempt to restore the printer to a known operating state, if possible. No custom settings are lost on hard reset.
Turn on the printer.
When the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the back of the device.
Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the outlet.
Connect the power cord to the back of the device.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.
Please try these steps and let me know the results.
If that helps, please acknowledge my answer by clicking the “thumb up” below, or click the “Accept as solution” button if I helped you find a solution.
Please click “Accept as solution” if you think my post solved your problem, it will help others find a solution.
Click “Kudos, Dislike” on the right to say “Thank you” for your help!
Why does paper jam in the printer?
- The main cause of jams is mainly the paper itself. It does not always come across high quality, and sometimes the user may even purchase the wrong type of sheets. It should be remembered that each printer model works correctly only with paper of a certain size and thickness.
- If printing is done on sheets that have already been used or and
My printer is stuck in pause mode and does not print. As the HP Support Community
Thank you for participating in the HP forums.
It’s a great place to get support, find answers
Do you face this problem after updating?
(1) Turn on the printer if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer stops working before proceeding.
(3) With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the outlet.
NOTE. HP recommends plugging the printer power cord directly into a wall outlet.
(7) Connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer if it does not turn on automatically.
The printer may go through a warm-up period. Printer lights may blink and the carriage may move.
Wait until the warm-up period ends and the printer stops working before continuing.
If the information I provided was helpful.
Give us reinforcement by pushing the solution and praise buttons to help us and others see we have answers!
Solved: stuck on ‘Waiting for ink selection. “. HP Support Community
So I decided to try the HP Instant Ink registration from the HP Smart app as I guess this is what it should do.
I log in using my HP account, select the trial offer, it asks if the printer is connected to WI-FI (and the printer says it is on its screen), so I click OK. The app then tells me, “Click the HP ePrint icon on your printer,” but there is no icon on the printer. It still says, “Waiting for ink selection. “. EPrint icon missing.
So, in the application, I click “What if the page does not print?” button. He says to press the control panel button on the printer. There is no control panel button on the printer screen. All it says is “Waiting for ink selection. “
HP. I liked the look of the Envy 5030 because it had a neat paper tray, but I spent 3 hours of my life on it. faulty printer, broken software, or a combination of both. At this rate, I don’t understand why I would buy something you made again.
The difference between laser printers and inkjet machines is that their cartridge is easier to get. Another feature is that to remove the sheet, you do not have to turn off the device from the network, it is enough to very slowly and carefully pull out the page.
On a note! As a rule, a detailed manual is included with the copier. For example, if a sheet is jammed in a Brother or Samsung printer, then you can find out how to remove it from the instructions.
Extraction specifics in different printers
There are several types of printers that differ in printing technology, but the most popular are laser and inkjet machines, so we will consider the features of removing sheets in them. The differences are as follows: in a laser printer, information is transferred from an electronic form to a paper carrier under the influence of a high-temperature light beam (laser) and a powdery dye (toner), while an inkjet machine works due to a special print head and liquid ink. It is because of the design features (the location of the cartridge and drums) that differences arise in the methods of removing jammed sheets.
To prevent the printer from jamming the paper during further operation, you need to follow simple rules:
- Do not put too thick stacks in the tray;
- choose the right type, thickness and format of booms for a specific model of office equipment;
- use quality paper that is not damaged or wrinkled;
- make sure that no stationery gets inside the device with the sheet;
- before sending the sheets to the printer, make sure that they are intact, otherwise it will be difficult to pull out the piece and you will have to disassemble the printer;
Important! If the problem with jams occurs regularly, it is better to take the copier to a service center.
It is important to know how to pull out the paper correctly if the printer has jammed it. Each technician is equipped with a user manual that describes how to deal with a problem. By following the rules of operation, it is possible to significantly extend the life of the printer.
False Jam. Eliminate
Sometimes the jam sensors are triggered when there is no jam. The problem may lie in the malfunction of the sensors themselves, as well as in the incorrectly selected print options on the computer. The second option is corrected by changing the sheet size in the settings. You need to make sure that the page type is set correctly in the “printer properties” under the “Paper” tab. For example, if the position is “envelope”, then the sensors will not recognize the A4 sheet and will decide that it has jammed.
The design of these printers is such that the rollers are firmly closed by the cartridge. If the sheet (or part of it) is deeply stuck inside, then it is recommended to disconnect the equipment from the network and take it to a service center, so as not to aggravate the situation when disassembling it yourself. But some manufacturers in modern technology have introduced technology that makes life easier for users. So, Pantum or Epson devices are equipped with a special sensor that sets the position of the carriage at the start and end of printing. If the printer does not print, then you need to check this element. it could be damaged or clogged, so printing does not end. In some cases, the process can be resumed after wiping the sensor with a damp cloth.
Causes of sheet jams
If the printer was used for a long time and actively or carelessly, then its constituent parts could be very worn out. In this case, only the specialists of the service center will help. They will replace the failed elements with new ones and debug the operation of the device.
On a note! In some cases, when the printer stopped working completely, only buying another device will help.
If the problem is the wrong use of the sheets, then the user can fix it himself. There can be several reasons why paper jams.
- The sheets were previously used, or the paper was initially wrinkled. Torn or folded pages can also get stuck.
- The quality and size of the loaded sheets does not match the requirements of the specific copier.
- Sometimes the sheets stick to each other. This can be due to both high humidity and dryness in the room due to static electricity. Therefore, before inserting the stack into the machine, fan the stack on the fold.
- Often small office supplies, crumbs and other debris get inside the copier. Remember to remove staples from paper.
Important! In order not to damage the copier, it is necessary to operate it according to the instructions. And purchasing high-quality new paper will be cheaper than repairing a printer.
Solution to the problem
If the paper is jammed while printing, you must act without haste, as abruptly pulling out the sheet will damage the printer. To get started, you just need to turn off and turn on the power of the device. If the jam is small, the device will automatically remove the sheet in the usual way after turning it on. If this does not help, then you can fix the problem by following this simple aLGorithm of actions.
- During troubleshooting, you will have to open the printer case. To avoid electric shock, it is recommended to unplug the device from the mains. Some models, such as the Canon MF3010 or HP Laserjet, feed into the tray immediately after disconnecting.
- If the sheet is not released after turning off the power, then you need to flip the cover leading to the inside of the device. Find out where the jam has occurred. This can happen in the paper output trays. Also chews frequently in the area of the cartridge and the exit of the sheet from the machine.
- If the paper is jammed at the beginning of the path, then it can be pulled out slowly (without jerks). It should be held on both sides so that the page does not break. Otherwise, it will be very difficult to get the pieces.
- If the sheet is jammed at the exit from the device, then you need to slowly pull it out in the direction of movement of the rollers.
- When the paper is removed, it should be inspected for integrity. It is important that not a single piece is left inside, otherwise you will have to disassemble the printer: remove the removable parts and the cartridge. In this case, you should provide good lighting.
- After removing the page and all its pieces, you need to turn on the copier equipment and make sure that all indicators are lit and the device is functioning correctly. If the light is still red, remove and reinsert the cartridge.
For some models, instructions are attached, which describe in detail the actions when chewing sheets.
Advice! If the reader is dealing with complex equipment, for example, laser MFP HP LaserJet Pro M1132, then it is recommended not to repair yourself, but to seek the help of a service center.
Continuation of work
Typically, printing will resume automatically after the problem is resolved. But you should check if everything is printed. If the work does not continue after the device is restarted, then in the print settings on the computer you need to determine the missing sheets and click the OK button.
Continuation of work
If you can clear the jammed sheet, then you need to turn off the printer again. Often, the product continues to print from where the problem occurred. The page will be printed a second time, and then the process will resume without difficulty. Check if all sheets are printed. If the restart does not continue to work, then you need to start printing again by selecting the desired settings.
The design of such devices is such that it will not be possible to get access to the rollers immediately, since they are firmly covered with a cartridge. What should I do if this kind of paper jam occurs in the printer? You need to disconnect the device from the network. You should not disassemble it yourself if there is no experience in this. Especially if not all of the paper has been removed and some of it is caught. In this case, the problem must be solved by a specialist.
The paper is jammed in the HP printer, what should I do? The equipment manufacturers of this company facilitate its operation. Inkjet devices have a special sensor. Encoder Strip Sensor. With it, the position of the carriage is set at the start and end of printing. If a paper jam occurs and the operation stops, check the sensor. Probably, there was a blockage or mechanical damage. As a result, the printer does not finish printing. To resume operation, the sensor must be treated with a napkin moistened with alcohol. It is better to remove jammed paper beforehand.
The above instructions are also valid for laser printers. But compared to inkjet, they can be left on and on again. Just do not pull out the page abruptly, because you can break it. Modern laser devices are equipped with a manual. For example, if paper is jammed in a Brother printer, you can find out what to do from the instructions for a specific model of the machine.
Solution to the problem
What to do if paper is jammed in the printer? If the problem still appears, you must eliminate the malfunction according to the following instructions:
- It is necessary to disconnect the printing equipment from the power source. You may need to open the inside of the printer while removing the sheets to check the paper feed rollers. When turned on, there is a risk of electric shock.
- You should cancel the jobs that are in the queue.
- Some types of office equipment, for example, Canon, Xerox 3010 and Laserjet 6L, are switched off and immediately feed paper into the tray. If this was not the case, you need to turn the technique on and off again.
- Many printers do not have the function mentioned in the last paragraph. Then you should flip the cover covering the access to the internal parts of the device. It is necessary to assess whether the stuck sheet is deeply located.
- If most of the page is at the beginning of the roller, then pull it out against the movement of the rotating rollers. You need to gently take the sheet by the edges and slowly pull it out.
- It also happens that the paper is jammed during exit from the press. Then it is required to pull the sheet in the direction of movement of the rollers. For laser products, the cartridge must be pulled out as it interferes with the pressure mechanism.
- After pulling out the paper, you need to make sure that it is not torn or a piece remains inside. Then the printer must be connected to the power supply, inspect the power-on and ready-to-work indicators. They are usually located in front of the device panel. When the light is flashing, remove and reinstall the cartridge.
- If the paper is damaged during removal, then it is necessary to inspect the rollers. To do this, you will need to disassemble the printer, removing the removable parts and the ink cartridge. Provide good lighting when inspecting the inside of the printer. Find the rest of the sheet and remove it.
What to do if paper is jammed in the printer depends on the model of the device, since each of them has its own nuances of work. Some of the techniques come with instructions that indicate the subtleties of troubleshooting.
Why does this phenomenon occur? There are many reasons why sheets remain in the printing device. If you know about the most common problems, you will be able to prevent them:
- Poor quality paper. This reason is the most common. If you buy cheap paper or use old paper, you should be prepared for unpleasant consequences.
- Damage to pages. The printer does not work well with sheets of paper that have wrinkled edges, tears, folds.
- High moisture content of the paper. If the sheets were stored incorrectly, then you should be prepared that they stick to each other and then get stuck.
- Dryness of paper. Due to static voltage, the sheets become electrified and therefore stick to each other.
- Thin or thick paper. Before printing, you should read the information about what paper weights are ideal for the printer.
- The presence of foreign objects inside. It is not uncommon for paper trash to enter the printer. These can be paper clips, caps, staples, pencil lead.
- Worn or damaged rollers.
This manual is suitable for most printing devices. Therefore, this guide will help you understand what to do if paper is jammed in your Canon printer. Carefully removing the paper will allow you to use the technique for a long time.
In any case, the printer says: paper jam. What to do in this case? Effective recommendations will help. With their help, it will be possible to correctly remove the sheets, and then continue to work with the device.
What to do if paper is jammed in the printer
A device such as a printer allows you to quickly print various documents. But sometimes paper gets jammed in it, which stops all work. In this case, a message appears indicating that the sheets are jammed or the red indicator blinks. What to do if paper is jammed in the printer, see article.
If paper jams persist in the printer, what should I do? To avoid such failures, you must correctly load paper into the device:
- Do not use soft, torn, low-quality paper for printing. Previously used sheets are not suitable either.
- Avoid placing too much or very little paper.
- It is necessary to control that metal objects. staples, paper clips and other office supplies do not penetrate into the device.
- It is important to use sheets that are suitable for the printer in thickness, size and quality.
- Do not send a very thick stack of paper to the tray.
- Before loading, it is necessary to check for dents, tears, foreign objects. This will avoid many problems.
- It is necessary to insert sheets evenly so that there is no skewing of the tray.
- If chewing occurs constantly, it is advisable to take the technician to a service center to find out the cause of the malfunction.
What to do if paper is jammed in the printer?
Hello dear readers of the blog about computer peripherals SkanWorld.ru. Today we will consider the question of what to do if paper is jammed in the printer.?
Typically, paper jams in the printer when paper is skewed as it passes through the feed units. Sometimes the printer will ignore the problem and eject the wrinkled sheet of paper into the output tray. In other cases, the printer stops working and the crumpled page (or part of it) remains trapped somewhere inside the machine.
When paper is jammed, lights on some printers will blink to indicate an alarm. Others identify the location of the paper jam and give instructions on how to clear a blocked unit. If the printer offers diagnostic recommendations, follow them. Also, check your printer documentation for a paper jam guide.
Here are the basic steps to take to fix the problem:
Turn off the printer. You may need to crawl inside the printer while cleaning. In this case, the shutdown will save you from problems with electricity and moving parts. In addition, if we are talking about a laser printer, then you will not need a stove that generates heat at all. If paper is jammed near or between the fuser rollers, you will have to wait for them to cool before clearing the jam.
Open all covers that block access to the paper path. If you are unable to determine which cover is covering the jam, start by removing or opening the input tray. Then follow the entire path of the paper all the way to the output bin, opening any covers and panels you find.
Pull out the jammed paper and any torn pieces of paper carefully. Inspect the location of jammed or skewed sheets or sheet scraps, if any. Forcefully but very carefully and slowly try to pull out the paper. If possible, pull the sheet in the direction it will print. Reverse feed can place undue stress on the printer mechanisms. Remove any jammed paper carefully; any piece of paper left inside may re-jam. If you accidentally damage the mechanical parts of the printer, stop and contact the service center.
Close all covers and turn on the printer. After switching on, the printer should reset the alarm automatically. If the printer reports that it is still locked, re-check for paper debris inside, and then close all covers and turn on again. If the alarm persists, just try turning off and then turning on the printer. In the event that this does not help, you will have to contact the service center. And let’s hope that the source of the problem is a deep-seated piece of paper, not a broken piece of machinery.
Do not load different types of paper in the input tray at the same time.
Indicate in the driver what type of paper you are using. Most printers in the settings panel have a section or a drop-down list where you can select paper by name, type, weight, or other qualities.
If you are not sure if a particular paper type is suitable for your printer, check the documentation for your printer.
Adjust the input tray. If the tray is slide-out, adjust it so the edges of the paper do not hang down. If there is a transverse guide, install it so that it presses the sheets, not allowing them to skew.
Use a little effort, patience and attention and you will not only solve the problem of paper jams in the printer, but you will also be able to avoid it in the future.