Major problems preventing printing:
It would seem ridiculous, but the most common reason that service center workers face is problems with the proper connection of the printing device. If the LaserJet Pro P1102 printer does not work and does not respond at all to printing tasks, first make sure that it is turned on, check the connection between the computer and the device. Sometimes the USB cable may be damaged or simply fell out of the socket. Check if the cable is properly connected at both ends. Try reconnecting the cable to a different USB port on your computer. If printing occurs through a printer connected to another computer via a network, then make sure that the other PC is also turned on and working properly.
Some printers take a long time to warm up before printing, especially if you want to print a color PDF file. Yes, not every printer prints one page in 12 seconds. Printing color PDFs, the printer can take 30 seconds or more to warm up. this does not indicate a malfunction, but simply a feature of a particular model.
The printer still does not work and does not respond in any way to printing tasks, although there are no problems with the connection? The wrong printer may be selected. Recent versions of Windows have several printers, and some of them have nothing to do with real devices at all. The default printer can be Send to OneNote 2010.
To solve the problem, in the properties for the required printer, for example HP DeskJet 6980, check the “Use as default” checkbox. If the checkboxes are next to the items “Pause printing” or “Work offline”, then they must be unchecked. Next, go to Printer Properties and in the “Basic” tab, click “Test Print”.
If the HP DeskJet 6980 issued a test page, then you can safely print the necessary documents from Microsoft Word and PDF files. If the printer still doesn’t work. read on.
A notification about this error will appear on the monitor screen. But sometimes, after clearing the jam, the HP LaserJet P1102 will refuse to print Word and PDF files. Perhaps a small fragment of the sheet remained in the device, blocking its operation. Open the printer cover, remove the cartridge and carefully inspect the printing mechanism from both sides for foreign objects and scraps of paper. Remove foreign bodies, reinsert the cartridge into the HP LaserJet P1102, and try to print again.
Organizations where printing paper can be reused, such as printing on both sides of the paper, is more likely to jam. If your printer does not have automatic two-sided printing and uses manual paper feed, printing on both sides over time will increase the frequency of jams and damage the product.
Sometimes the printer is unable to pick up paper from the input tray correctly, especially if you are using custom size or weight paper. For narrow sheets, slide the width guide to the right until it is snug against the edge of the paper. For printing on envelopes or heavy board, make sure the printer supports printing on these media.
- Print jobs queued and blocked.
- Error in the program that is printing.
Sometimes the printer won’t print files from a particular program, such as Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader. Try printing your document from OneNote or Notepad. If printing is available from other sources, the problem is with the program you selected and must be reinstalled.
You will be able to pay 30-50% less for light, depending on what kind of electrical appliances you use.
This problem usually occurs when changing or reinstalling Windows. For newer OS versions, older Canon, HP LaserJet, or Epson drivers may not work. To continue working, reinstall the print driver by downloading the updated version from the manufacturer’s official website:
After reinstallation, print a test page.
What if the printer prints blank sheets when I print a test page? Ideally, install a new cartridge. The most common problem when a PC prints documents and the printer prints blank pages is a cartridge problem. To know for sure whether the problem is with the cartridge or with the computer, you must print from the menu on the printing device. To do this, you need to hold down certain buttons on the printer itself for a few seconds (the combination of buttons can be found in the instructions for the device). The report is printed. troubleshoot the computer. You may need to reinstall Windows. Well, if the printer still produces blank pages, we will fix the device’s problems.
In a Canon, HP, or Epson inkjet printer, ink may dry out in the nozzles. The cleaning procedure through the printer utility will help to solve the problem.
Go to the proprietary printer management utility and select the “Maintenance” or “Service” section (different manufacturers have a different name for this section). Perform a nozzle check, clean the print head, nozzles.
Ambulance: what to do if the printer stops printing?
There are many reasons why the printer stopped printing. In some cases, the printing device may require serious repair, although more often it happens that a printing error occurs due to minor malfunctions that can be easily corrected by yourself.
All malfunctions for which the printing device does not work can be conditionally divided into two options:
- when the printer does not print at all;
- when the printer prints in stripes.
Why does the printer print faintly??
When a cartridge runs out of ink or toner, the printer prints faintly, with white areas highlighted on one side of the page. If the printer prints stripes, produces blank pages, or shows white unprinted areas, the cartridge needs to be refilled. Although sometimes only small areas of faint print on PDF documents, indicating a defect in the drum unit. After prolonged exposure to light on the surface of the shaft, it may become unusable. The drum is a light-sensitive part, and if it is exposed to light, it starts to print faintly. The only way out is to make a replacement.
What to do if the printer refuses to print at all?
First, let’s take a look at devices that don’t want to print at all. There are also two possible cases: the printer does not react at all to printing tasks, or it “hums”, tries to grab paper, but as a result it does not work.
What to do if the printer does not print well?
Potential cartridge problems are usually known before the printer stops printing altogether. Streaks, smeared ink, gaps, or a repeating sequence of black dots on printed documents should alert the user immediately. By themselves, such defects will not disappear, but will only become aggravated during the operation of the printing device.
Why does the printer print in stripes??
- If Canon printed faintly, but after refilling the cartridge the defect disappeared, then there is no reason to worry. But there are cases in which the refueling procedure can only exacerbate the problem. For example, if black streaks begin to appear. After refilling the cartridge, the dark streaks will become even more visible. If black streaks appear on one or both sides of the page, the cartridge should be remanufactured before refilling, although a complete replacement is the best option.
Remanufacturing a cartridge includes replacing the drum unit and related parts. After multiple reconditioning, the cartridge must be recycled.
- When using CISS, it is necessary to check the entire system: from the cans containing the ink to the print head. Most often, the reason why the printer does not print is the airing of the print head or CISS loop after refueling. To clean the Canon SG and the loop, use the standard cleaners until the air is completely released through the air valves of the cartridges.
- After a long idle time, ink dries up in the print head of inkjet printers and therefore it is necessary to do computer cleaning through a special utility supplied with the device. Although, even repeated cleaning does not always help to clean the nozzles and nozzles, therefore you will have to use chemical liquids based on ammonia (at home, this is Mister Muscle for Windows). It is important not to use acetone or alcohol-containing products for flushing the steam generator. It is quite difficult to flush the Canon SG at home, and if you are unsure of the successful outcome of the cleaning procedure, then it is better to entrust the solution of this issue to a professional.
- Canon malfunctions may appear after poor quality cartridge refills. On PDF files, you may see waste toner on both sides of the page. In such a case, stop the printer immediately and empty the waste bin. Poor refilling of the cartridge can damage the printing mechanism. Therefore, it is better to refuel at a proven service center.
- Dots and dots on PDF files indicate that foreign objects have entered the cartridge or that toner has built up in the path of the paper. After refueling, particles of toner, talcum powder remain in the cartridge, or paper dust and crumbs get into it, which lead to damage to the parts of the printing mechanism. If Epson works under such loads, then soon it will require repair or disposal. Disassemble the cartridge and completely clean the mechanism from all foreign objects, dust and dirt from all sides. Only after cleaning can you start Epson again.
- When the printer is faint and the ink is blurred as the paper advances, there is a problem with the thermal film. An urgent need to fix the problem, otherwise Epson may need to be repaired.
- Using low quality ink can also cause the cartridge to print faintly. Genuine Epson ink for optimum print quality.
Below is helpful
First, the printer is always given the opportunity to clean its own components through the program. In some cases, this method helps to make printing better, to restore the quality to the previous level.
For Canon printers, the cleaning functions are found in the Maintenance tab in Printer Properties.
Do a regular cleaning first, then a deep cleaning if the first step did not help to correct the seal.
For other manufacturers, the set of parameters for cleaning can be radically different and located in a completely different place. So, for an HP printer of the Deskjet 2050A model, there is nothing in the printer properties. But, in the fully functional software, which is installed along with the full package of drivers, there are some functions that are responsible for cleaning.
Therefore, there is only one recommendation here. always install the full set of drivers on the computer from the disk that comes with the equipment, or download the software from the manufacturer’s official website. If the necessary settings described in the article are not in the properties of the device, then look for the reason in the absence of the necessary driver or run proprietary software, inside the interface of which, most likely, you can perform the necessary actions.
When there is an exact certainty that the program method did not give results, it is necessary to switch to the manual one. Actions depend on the type of print head, which is built into the ink tank (typical for Canon and HP brands), and removable (Epson printers).
Instructions for the built-in head. Open the printer cover. Move the cartridge cradle to the center position. Take out the containers. Put some cartridge cleaner into the syringe. Place a drop on the nozzles, wipe dry, pressing slightly. Check the print by leaning the nozzles against a napkin.
If the trace does not become clearer, then you need to soak the head in the liquid. Collect Head Flush Fluid in any level container. Dip the cartridge, nozzles down, straight into the liquid for an hour.
Then, wipe the nozzles dry with a napkin, place the ink tank back into the carriage and try to print. Additionally, software cleaning is started. You need a little liquid to pour into a bowl. The cartridge contacts must not come into contact with the product.
If the described methods are ineffective and there is a fuzzy trace, you can try to blow the cartridge. Remove the needle from the syringe or shorten it at least halfway. Insert carefully into the filler hole. Push in the syringe plunger firmly to create pressure inside the container, which will squeeze out dry, dried ink.
It is important that the air intake, if any, is closed. Air should only come out of the head.
An extreme option is to soak for the whole night, after which, in case of failure, buying a new cartridge is almost inevitable.
Instructions for heads that separate from cartridges. All methods are similar.
- Maceration. Draw the cleaner into the syringe. Drop on each fitting several times. The cleaning time depends on the degree of soiling or drying. Mild cases are resuscitated in a couple of hours, complex ones in a whole day. You can put tubes on the fittings and draw up fluids in them so that rinsing can be done independently.
- Flushing. Place the head in a plastic lid or shallow jar. Slide tubes of suitable diameter over the fitting. Remove the needle from the medical instrument and insert the end of the syringe into the tube. Gently start to press in the piston. As a result, the liquid should start pouring into the container through the steam generator. It is necessary to rinse until the natural color cleaner is poured out.
- Broach. Proceed similarly to the previous one, only pour the cleaner into the lid, and with an empty syringe, pull it through the head (pull the piston towards you).
Inkjet printer prints poorly
A common cause of poor print quality in an inkjet printer is a cartridge problem. If you do not print for a long time, the ink dries up, thus, when you resume printing, there may not be any result at all. At best, you will see various defects on the sheet. blur, streaks, gaps, and the like. Both black and white and color cartridges can dry up and fail.
- Remove the cartridge from the machine.
- Take a white, clean napkin or paper towel. On the underside of the cartridge there is a print head, which contains nozzles (nozzles). During printing, ink is released onto the paper. Blot the head with a napkin.
A bad ink mark on the napkin may also indicate a clogged cartridge, which is likely if you print too often without preventive cleaning.
The removable head of the printer (Epson) or the continuous ink supply system (CISS) most often produces poor printing in one color. For CISS, an actual problem may be the formation of an airlock in the loop, and for the head. all the same drying of paint or clogging. In the first case, air is expelled from the tube of a certain color, in the second, flushing is done, first programmatically, and then manually with cleaning agents.
A more serious disruption in the operation of the cartridge will be the burning of the head, which leaves a normal mark.
Economy Print mode is enabled
Although there is ink (ink) or toner in the printer, it may not be enough or the fill level may approach zero. In this case, some printer models may automatically turn on the so-called save mode when the print quality decreases. By saving dye, it turns out to print more sheets on the “last pairs”.
It is recommended that you check this problem first, especially if you see less than half the ink when checking the remaining ink levels.
Open the Devices and Printers window. To do this, run the command “control printers” in the window, which must be launched with the key combination “WindowsR”.
Find the printer you want. Click on the icon with the right mouse button and in the context menu select “Print settings”.
The printer settings menu appears depending on the model. Switch between tabs to find quality settings.
Some printers may not have this function and settings at all. It all depends on the specific manufacturer and model.
On the example of the Canon brand, you can see that the “Home” tab has the necessary settings.
What to do if the printer does not print well, although there is ink in the cartridge
Any change in the print quality on the paper can be a sign of poor printing. For example, a picture or text becomes blurry, some part of the sheet or the entire print is blurred. A printer of any manufacturer (HP, Canon, Epson, Brother and others) can print poorly.
Let’s figure out why the printer does not print well, although there is ink. What to do to diagnose and fix the problem when only black is printed poorly.
Poor laser printing
The laser technology printer has a completely different design and printing principle. At the very least, there are many rotating parts that can wear out and affect the end result of printed information. Each element can give a certain printing defect.
After a long downtime, even if all the elements are in good working order, the laser device may start to print poorly. Alternatively, the toner is empty. In this case, take out the toner cartridge and shake it well with your hands. The toner will be evenly distributed inside the cartridge and the printing will resume the previous quality.
- Vertical black streaks along one or both edges of the sheet indicate damage to the drum unit. The photosensitive layer can be damaged over time, which is externally visible when inspecting the part. If damaged, the shaft is replaced with a new one. In addition, it is better to put a new cleaning blade (squeegee). Stripes are flat and wavy.
- Equidistant horizontal black bars indicate that the waste toner bottle is full. powder that has not been used in previous print jobs. The waste bunker must be cleaned at every refueling according to the rules. The situation can occur when printing too often, when the laser cartridge was refilled several times, but no attention was paid to the hopper.
- The magnetic roller, when worn, can fade the print, give out white spots or gaps on the sheet of paper. Even if you are satisfied with the print result, it is best to make a replacement to avoid damaging other parts of the printer. It is also recommended to check the contact of the photo roll with the magnetic.
The integrity of the cartridge is broken
Mechanical damage can occur for various reasons, as an option due to carelessness during the next refueling or assembly. If in inkjet technology, cartridges are damaged quite rarely, then in laser printers, cartridges can affect printing not only due to damage, but also due to improper assembly.
To check for damage, remove the cartridge and shake it in a place far from things, objects that can get dirty. Shake outdoors is best. If the powder falls out during shaking, it means that the cartridge tightness is broken.
To fix the seal, you need to patch up the damage. You can solder a hole or chip, seal it with tape.
When Consumables May Affect
- Fake or non-original consumables. If the cartridge is filled with non-original ink or toner, then the deterioration in printing is not the worst thing that can happen. Counterfeits or poor quality dyes can damage other parts of the printer. Only consumables can be purchased that are fully suitable for a specific cartridge model. It is better to use only original materials. Compatible ones are also allowed, but the quality of the printed image is likely to decrease.
- If at some point you decide to change the manufacturer of consumables, then before refueling, be sure to do a complete cleaning of the cartridge and head. Mixing two different consumables can lead to chemical. reactions between them. This is due to the use of different components in production, which can give a reaction when interacting.
After changing the manufacturer, it is advisable to update the color profile. This is done using a file that contains information about the exact proportions for mixing inks of different colors in order to obtain the desired shade when printing. The file is available for download on the official manufacturer’s resource.