Xerox WorkCentre 3025BI
Inexpensive and functional MFP from the legendary brand, whose name has become a household name. The model is suitable for both home and office with a small workflow. The printer can only print in black and white, and the device also boasts an LCD screen.
Users have found a huge number of positive points in this MFP: light weight and small dimensions, quick warm-up and the same fast printing (about 3 seconds per page), inexpensive consumables. Disadvantages. only support for the old Wi-Fi 802.11g communication protocol, there is Android support and old PC drivers. AirPrint works fine on the iPhone. This is a reliable high-quality device, and its main drawback is the difficulty with the software, which is largely offset by the inexpensive price, high speed and work without glitches.
Canon i-SENSYS MF3010
- Affordable price
- Reliability and ease of use
- Cheap and easily replaceable cartridges
- Stylish and thoughtful design. when the device is not working, all protruding parts fold inward
- Print speed and quality are at a decent level
The best inkjet MFPs for the home. The best inexpensive color MFPs for the home: budget up to 30,000 rubles. 1 Epson L3070
Japanese MFP with color printing, small display and borderless printing function. CISS are in place, so you are great at saving on consumables. The model is great for printing photographs. Epson is friendly with photo paper, glossy paper, envelopes and matte paper. Photos get vivid juicy colors as much as possible with four-color technology.
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28w
A laser MFP that prints in black and white and is inexpensive. All important skills with him: Wi-Fi communication, a fairly high speed. up to 18 pages per minute, Refillable cartridges and its inexpensive analogues. The device is small in size, so it is great for home and office companies with moderate workflow.
Canon PIXMA G3411
A compact MFP, which is praised in reviews for economical ink consumption (largely thanks to CISS), conveniently organized work through a smartphone and tablet. The device works with Windows, Android and iOS. For the latter two, there is a proprietary application through which work “over the air” is provided.
Laser or inkjet MFP?
Which MFP is better for home use, inkjet or laser? Inkjet technology works especially well for printing color photographs. In addition, the cost of an inkjet MFP for color printing will be several times lower than the cost of a device with laser technology.
However, inkjet technology is inferior to laser because of the more expensive printing. The resource of the inkjet cartridge is much lower than the laser one, which leads to increased costs for the purchase of consumables.
Which conclusion can be drawn from this. if you desperately need color printing, but you do NOT plan to print a large amount of information. it is better to purchase an inkjet MFP. If color printing is not so important for you, the best option would be to buy a laser MFP with black and white printing.
3 HP Ink Tank Wireless 419
The compact MFP is one of the best models for home use. This is a very inexpensive option, which implements all the convenient “chips” for comfortable work. Multifunctional model: easy setup at the first start, convenient ink filling, well-thought-out software, the ability to control both from the buttons on the MFP and through a computer.
It is an inexpensive and economical solution for schoolchildren, students, families. Color photos are good quality with slow printing. I am glad that the printer copes with high-density paper. the manufacturer indicates the recommended values from 60 to 300 g / cm 2 The cartridge with black ink is filled with a pigment composition (resistant to water), and the color one is water-soluble. And the MFP is quite quiet. during operation, the maximum noise level reaches 47 dB.
Main characteristics of printers
Regardless of whether the device belongs to one type or another, there are a number of common characteristics of printers. Let’s list them.
- Cartridge resource. This component of the printer is directly responsible for printing. This device contains a coloring element. ink or toner. The printer cannot work without a cartridge. The resource of this device is usually measured in the number of sheets of paper processed, counted from the moment the first page was printed on a new cartridge (or just refilled). A typical object of measurement is a sheet on which text is printed in medium font.
- Page processing speed. This characteristic is expressed in the number of printed sheets per minute. As in the case of the previous parameter, a text page is a typical object for measuring this characteristic.
- Color. There are two main types of printers in terms of printable colors. Firstly, these are monochrome (or black-and-white) devices (and if he speaks more correctly from a technical point of view, devices that support only this type of cartridges). They are designed for printing texts, tables of second graphic data, and not requiring bright visualization. Secondly, there are color printers (that is, what this type of cartridges support, in turn). Their cost, as a rule, is significantly higher. But this also opens up more possibilities for the owner of the device. you can print photographs, color booklets, covers, etc.
Basic types of printers
Printers are available in the widest range of models. Manufacturers use dozens of different manufacturing technologies for these devices. At the same time, in domestic use, the most common printers are of three main types. matrix, laser and inkjet. Let’s consider for what tasks each of them is optimized, and also name the main pros and cons of the devices.
Dot matrix printers are historically considered the very first inventions for printing from a computer. Their use is best suited for printing single-color texts, very SIMple drawings and spreadsheets.
Cons: Quite a lot of noise during operation, relatively expensive repairs and components.
Laser printers, like dot matrix printers, are best suited for working with texts and tables. However, in such devices you can use not only a black and white cartridge, but also a color one. This significantly expands the range of applications for the printer. Of course, laser technology is NOT quite optimal for printing high-quality photographs, but it is quite suitable as a tool for creating color booklets or, for example, covers. It should be noted that color cartridges tend to be cheaper (both in terms of their retail price and in terms of refueling and maintenance costs).
Pluses of laser printers: economy (cartridge resource. 30-50 thousand pages of text, easy replacement of this component), versatility, high print speed.
Cons: large size, unstable operation of cheap models.
Inkjet printers are ideal for printing color images. Modern photographers almost always use such devices in their work. Inkjet technology at the same time allows you to print excellent quality text.
Pros: absolute versatility, cheap devices.
Cons: low print speed, low resource (about 150-200 pages of text) cartridges, their high retail prices, high maintenance (refueling) costs. Many IT professionals allot a specific niche for inkjet printers related to image printing. Or the release of printing. If the user is thinking about how to choose a printer for printing photos, then pay attention to the inkjet models he should first of all.
Does the resolution of printers matter
When choosing a printer, you can pay attention to a number of fundamental technical characteristics. These include, in particular, permission. It directly affects print quality. The higher the resolution, the more detailed the image will appear on paper.
The technological process of printing is arranged as follows. The image is built from small dots applied to the paper by a cartridge using ink or toner. Resolution is a measure of how many of THESE dots are there per inch of paper. This characteristic is expressed in two numbers (for example, 600 x 300). Should this indicator be considered important?
Many IT professionals believe that resolution is a secondary feature in modern printers. The fact is that in the technologies used today, software and hardware aLGorithms for smoothing images are involved. Printers, even if they have a low resolution, can produce images comparable in quality to the topic that are printed by devices that support printing more dots per inch. At least with the naked eye, the difference is almost imperceptible.
Also, as some experts point out, printers with higher resolutions use much more ink (or toner). Which, in principle, is logical: more “points”. intensive consumption of dye.
Choosing a color laser printer
According to many IT professionals, a color laser printer is the ideal solution in terms of versatility and cost-effectiveness. Recently, however, such devices were incredibly expensive and therefore were not very common.
The criteria for choosing a color laser printer generally coincide with the topics that are typical for black and white devices. This is the cost of refilling and the price of cartridges (branded and non-branded). Of course, some consumer characteristics of devices released by different manufacturers may differ, but this is usually a very subjective criterion.
How to choose a printer for home use? First of all, let’s pay attention to how IT specialists characterize the policy of manufacturers in this segment. Brands produce rather cheap devices (so that the average citizen does not think that the printer is an expensive thing, went and boldly bought it), however, the cost of the main printing element. the cartridge. is set very High. over, it does not matter if it is a black and white printer or a color printer. For a house, you will need to choose one that, first of all, will no longer become a burden on the family budget. Or at least justify the investment in yourself.
Which printer to choose for the home? IT specialists recommend paying attention to its selling price last. Other aspects are of much greater importance, namely:
- The price of a branded cartridge, its “non-brand” counterpart (as well as its practical compatibility with printers)
- The cost of refilling ink (when it comes to inkjet printers) or toner (laser device).
When deciding which printer to choose for the home, you can focus on this formula. First, we find out whether a cheap branded (or affordable and compatible “non-brand) cartridge is sold for the device, whether the refueling price is acceptable, and only then we look at the cost of the printer itself.
How to choose a color printer based on whether the device belongs to the class of laser or inkjet? Very SIMple. If printing of photographs and printing will prevail, then we choose inkjet. If text and tables are laser.
Laser printers: features of operation
As we decided above, a laser printer with a black and white cartridge is best suited for an office. What is the specificity of the operation of devices of this type?
- “Laser” is incompatible with “gloss”. IT professionals recommend that you be careful when choosing paper used in black and white laser printers. First of all, it is not recommended to use for any purpose coated paper, which is a glossy type: printing toner adheres very poorly to letters of this type. This leads to the fact that the parts of the printer become dirty and the life of the device is significantly reduced.
- It is better to entrust the refueling of the “laser” to the pros. The toner used in this type of printers is fine, very free flowing and sticky. If it gets on clothes or pieces of furniture, it is incredibly difficult to wash and clean them. Therefore, I bought a laser printer, you should find a company that provides services for refueling such devices.
- Laser loves economy. The peculiarities of the technology used for printing in THESE devices are such that the rendering of many graphic elements on the page, such as texts and tables, requires relatively small portions of dye (toner). Then it makes sense to enable the “save toner” option (it is in the software settings of most modern printers). The print quality will NOT suffer, but the cartridge yield will increase significantly.
How to choose a printer? Which printer to choose for home
A printer is one of the most needed devices today. There are dozens of brands on the market, hundreds of different models of devices.
How to choose the best printer for home or office use? Should you pay attention to multifunctional devices (MFPs)? How to choose a color printer?
Choosing an inkjet printer: key criteria
How to Choose an Inkjet Printer? Devices of this type operate on a technology that is fundamentally different from that used in laser devices. As a coloring element in such printers, as a rule, liquid ink is used. After the device architecture, as well as typical areas of its application, have features.
Inkjet printers are much better than laser printers at printing photographs (as well as various types of printing). Of course, they handle the text perfectly well. However, as we noted above, the technological features of THESE devices predetermine their high resource consumption. But if this aspect is not critical, then you can safely choose such devices. But by what criteria? How to choose an inkjet printer?
NOT considering the characteristics that are universal for all devices (cartridge resource, print speed), it makes sense to pay attention to a number of criteria specific to inkjet devices:
- “Refillability” of cartridges;
- Non-brand ink support.
Choosing a device, therefore, we focus primarily on the extent to which it is possible to reduce the cost of its operation. First, we find out if, in principle, it is possible to refill the cartridges. Secondly, we will find out if it is possible to use inexpensive ink, Produced not by the brand itself, but by a third-party factory.
The aspect associated with saving consumables is extremely important when the user decides how to choose a printer for photo printing and printing products. Otherwise, what’s the point of buying a device? It’s easier to give digital layouts to a specialized salon. it will be more profitable.
Having decided on the basic characteristics of laser printers, let’s move on to a practical selection of device models that are optimal for office use.
Which brands should you look out for first? How to choose a laser printer, based on its belonging to a particular brand?
Experts include HP, Samsung, Canon, Epson and Xerox printers with the best price / performance ratio.
Devices can be roughly classified according to the intensity of their use.
- Low-intensity (used in small groups of 1-5 employees). These include printers like HP LJ CP1215 and their counterparts from other brands. The print speed in such devices is about 15-20 pages per minute, the maximum load per cartridge is 30 thousand sheets.
- High intensity (for teams of 5-20 people). In this category, experts note devices like the Xerox Phaser 3140 and their counterparts. They are characterized by print speed (20-25 sheets), cartridge resource. 50 thousand pages.
So which printer is better to choose, based on belonging to a particular brand? It is difficult to answer unequivocally. If only because printing technologies are constantly changing. If Samsung is now considered the conditional leader, it is possible that in just a few months it will overtake HP in some technological aspects.
Continuous ink supply system. Mobile laboratory. For Apple and for Google
But not everyone sees a printer as a home printing press. Sometimes that’s all it takes. Just print your vacation photos, of course, taken with your smartphone. There are two wireless printing protocols today. Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print. Almost all Wi-Fi printers support both protocol versions. But there are also nuances.
Wireless magic. Monochrome friend. Short
- Inkjet or laser. If you print a lot of documents. Get a black and white laser printer. In case you want to work with both photographs and texts, but you don’t want to pay a lot. Take a closer look at inkjet devices. Keep in mind that if you want to print a lot of shots, it’s worth shelling out for the Continuous Print Feed System.
- Printer or MFP. It is always pleasant to have all the achievements of modern technology at hand. over, if you need to quickly make a copy of your passport, scan a visa form or send old photographs to your grandmother in Odnoklassniki. It will be difficult to do this without a scanner. Therefore, if you need all the functionality (and there is never an extra photocopy of your passport). Allocate another 3-5 thousand rubles for the purchase of a multifunctional device.
HP Color LaserJet Pro M254nw
Printing photos. Always a difficult process for the printer. But if you need to print a lot of images, the best option in our opinion is the HP Color LaserJet Pro M254nw.
The machine produces 21 pages per minute regardless of the type of printing. Pictures are printed at 600 dpi. The resource is standard for laser printers. NO more than 40 thousand pages per month. The pluses include a voluminous, up to 250 pages paper feed tray, and you don’t have to run from the pack to the printer every time.
Nondescript office design and 14 kg weight. These are the only cons we found. But if you plan to put the M254nw in your home office or under your desk, then this can be neglected.
If you are NOT the lucky owner of a home darkroom, and your budget is limited to 5-7 thousand rubles, then the choice of the print mode. Color or black and white. The main concern. Do you most often use a working printer to print documents, abstracts and other texts? Better to take a closer look at laser black and white machines. Love to print photos from your last vacation until your boss sees? Get an inkjet printer that prints on glossy paper.
By the way, paper can also be different. Typically printers use A4 at 80 grams per square meter. Most modern models can handle thick paper, for example, when printing invitations or postcards.
When choosing, it’s worth looking at the optional but nice features. For example, automatic two-sided printing, the ability to work with wireless networks and memory cards.
Laser and color. 4. Xerox Phaser 3020
Best friend of students and accountants. Xerox Phaser 3020 black and white laser printer. The utilitarian blue and gray design does not cheat. It is an inexpensive and convenient device for a wide range of tasks. It is easy to carry with you, as the printer weighs just over four kilograms.
At a class-average print speed of 20 pages per minute, the Phaser 3020 boasts good print resolution. 1200 dpi. Of course, this only applies to monochrome images and texts.
The disadvantages include a low resource, only 15 thousand pages per month.