and if you don’t need to convert HEIC?
And rightly so! If the task is not to consider them, but simply to send them, then, of course, this can be done without a computer, directly from the iPhone or iPad (via mail, file sharing, etc.). At the same time, they are converted to JPEG automatically.
If you send via the standard Mail application, you can pre-select the size of the photo. Online storage services, that is, “clouds”, also convert heic to jpeg (Google Drive, for example).
Dropbox is even cooler. It already recognizes both heic and hevc files. That is, you can simply transfer a hеic file from an iPhone or computer to a folder on Dropbox and open it right there, or from there and send.
heic files from iPhone: what are they, why and how to open them in Windows
In the new iOS 11, photos, as it turned out just now, are saved in the new HEIC format. Which, it seems, allows you to significantly reduce the “weight” of files, but does not want to open in Windows, because it is not supported.
And in this post, we will tell you about how to open photos in heic on Windows-PC.
how to open a HEIC file?
If in Windows and without anything, then so far nothing. The system will respond to a usual double click with a standard request to select the application with which you want to open this file. over, at the time of the publication of this post, none of the popular heiс graphic editors also supports yet (including Photoshop), the corresponding plug-ins and updates have not yet been released by their developers.
Therefore, if you really need to urgently open a photo from an iPhone on a Windows-PC, you will first have to convert it from a new heiс to an old jpg. Fortunately, the developers of online converters are better prepared for such surprises from Apple.
To do this, open, for example, the heiсtojpg website, select the required heics and quickly convert. Along the way, the service automatically optimizes them, but you can upload only one at a time, and a maximum of 30 photos, if free.
what kind of heic files are?
In short, now, i.e. after updating the operating system of your iPhone or iPad to the 11th version, when you copy from at least one, at least from the other, at least from both the photo taken after the update on Windows-PC, then in fact you will see something like the following picture:
Anything with the.heic extension is just your new photos, which in iOS 11 are automatically saved in this format. To be more precise, they are saved in this format by iPhones and iPads, which are equipped with A9 processors. And this is last year’s iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPad Pro and the new iPad 9.7 this year.
HEIC is the same as HEIF, and HEIF is short for High Efficiency Image Format (that is, if closer to Russian, then “highly efficient image format”), which is actually a version of the HEVC video codec, but for pictures.
By the way, HEIF was not developed by Apple, but MPEG. And there is already an opinion that in the very near future this format can replace the ubiquitous, but outdated JPG for a long time and from all sides. So the HEIF / HEIC has so many advantages that the good old “jeep” has no chance.
The HEIC format is beneficial at least as follows:
- with a similar quality, the picture in heic “weighs” half as much as in jpg;
- one heic file fits several separate images (which is very good, for example, for “Live Photos”);
- supports transparency like GIF;
- saves changes to the image (rotation, cropping, etc.), which, if necessary, can be canceled by returning to the desired version of the picture;
- supports 16-bit colors (JPG only 8-bit).
Why Can’t I Open Applications on iPhone? : Tech Yeah!
How to prevent iPhone from saving photos in HEIC format?
Very simple. Go to “Settings”, tap “Camera”, then. “Formats”, turn off the “High efficiency” option (uncheck the box) and activate the “Most compatible” option:
Description of popular download managers for iPhone
The App Store offers a wide variety of download managers for the iPhone. The owner of the device no longer has to think about where the files are saved on the iPhone. However, the most popular, due to the benefits, received several such programs:
- iDownloader Pro. This product is a universal assistant for the iPhone owner. This program not only provides ample opportunities for downloading files and music, but also has its own file manager. It has a built-in browser that automatically disables ads. Downloads can be done in multi-threaded mode. Has a built-in multimedia player for background music playback.
- Mr. Download. This product looks more like a Safari add-on. After all, its work is closely tied to the browser, namely, downloads from it. The program appears in the browser menu, the link is called “Share”. Each download from the browser activates the application, which opens a window with a description of the download in front of the user and asks for permission. The application asks where to download the file and starts downloading with a demonstration of its status. There is a function of background download and download of several files at once. The program is also capable of saving data to the cloud.
- DManager Browser Documents. It is an iPhone browser with a file manager. The user can control the download of any content and specify the path to save. It is a standalone browser, not an extension to the traditional one. There is also a function to block pop-up messages and banners. The browser allows for multiple tabs and multi-threaded downloads. With this handy application, you can navigate through file folders, create them, copy, delete and do everything that is available in ordinary file managers. Downloads can be paused at low internet speeds.
In general, one of the above download managers is sufficient. Functionally, they are all similar, the difference may be in the structure and interface. By installing the right software on your smartphone, you can save both space and personal time by eliminating the need for long operations. The download manager will forever save the iPhone user from unnecessary movements, especially for beginners who are just mastering all the delights of working with iOS.
Where downloaded music is saved
As mentioned earlier, to find your downloaded music files, you don’t have to look for where in the iPhone the download folder is. Music, like all other supported files, is loaded into a directory specially provided for it. But it is worth immediately answering the question. is it possible to download music from a computer by simple copying. You can, but only through iTunes or iTools.
This method upsets users by not allowing them to simply copy music from their computer. But there are also advantages to these difficulties. The media library is organized and all data is in place, allowing the built-in player to correctly handle music files.
So, the downloaded music files end up in the following folder: / private / var / mobile / Media / iTunes_Control / Music. Movies are also stored in the same folder. Ringtones are saved in the same path, but not in the “Music” folder, but in “Ringtones”.
Where is downloaded music stored on iPhone
Where documents are saved on iPhone
There are a lot of different document formats. Therefore, the iOS developers did not provide a separate default directory for them. Downloading documents is carried out from the Internet or a computer. If you have a standard “Files” application or a file manager, the downloaded documents are located in the download folder or separately in the workspace. Then they can be moved to any folder you like.
Note! In the absence of the previously listed programs, the easiest way is to find the downloaded documents in iCloud Drive. There is a separate “Documents” folder for them.
How to view files on iPhone saved or downloaded and transferred via Bluetooth
Where on iPhone can I find file downloads via Bluetooth or otherwise saved? As mentioned earlier, the operating system itself sorts the content into the necessary folders. Data transmitted via Bluetooth is no exception. If this is a document or file of an unknown format, then it goes into a separate “Downloads” folder or is outside the folders.
If there is a file manager, while downloading a document via the Internet or transferring it via Bluetooth, the system notifies that the download is complete. By clicking on this message, you can not only view the file, but also move it to any folder.
How to view files transferred via Bluetooth
Note! Starting with the iOS 7 operating system, Apple has implemented technology such as AirDrop. It works in conjunction with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The function allows files to be copied between devices over a long distance.
Where in iPhone downloads
Unlike Android, which by default provides access to folders with downloaded files, iOS does not. It shows the owners of the gadget only the disk with the remaining memory. Newbies start looking for iPhone downloads.
So where are the files downloaded to on the iPhone? The developers of the operating system have automated the boot process so that iOS itself distributes documents to the necessary disk directories for a particular class of files. That is, music is stored in a folder for music, and images in separate folders, with the rest as well.
Note! Files downloaded to iPhone are not stored in one place, but are sorted into folders. Regardless of the iPhone model, be it s, se or XR, the procedure for distributing downloaded files is the same everywhere.
File managers are programs that allow you to access certain iPhone folders and manipulate files. No such applications were provided by default. But with the advent of iOS 11, iPhones began to be supplied with the Files application, which gives the user access to content folders. However, access to system files remains closed. An alternative for any download manager is iCloud Drive, which allows the user to move and delete files. But as you know, the cloud only provides 5 GB of free space. Unlike iCloud Drive, the file manager uses the space of the device itself, which has a lot of storage.
File managers allow you to manipulate files
How to Fix an App that Won’t Open iPhone
Where in iPhone downloads and folder. where files are saved
iOS is a closed operating system, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. The advantage of stealth is that users will not be able to delete system files and there is a very small chance of virus software getting into the system. Access to files and folders is carried out through special programs. file managers, which allow you to find, arrange, view, copy, move and delete downloaded content. The owner of the gadget does not have access to the system resources of the iPhone. they are simply hidden by default. An ordinary user does not need this. But, in order to find where in the iPhone downloads, you need to understand some of the features of iOS.
What to do if iPhone app fails to download
Often, when downloading from the App Store, you will notice that the installation of the application or the download of content is stopped for unknown reasons. The first and most common is poor internet connection. Therefore, before downloading the application, you should make sure that the signal with the network is stable.
What to do if the download fails
Where apps are saved on iPhone from the App Store
It would seem that applications downloaded from the App Store are stored on the desktop. After all, after loading, an icon is created immediately. But it is only a link to launch the executable file of the application, and they are located in the folders of the device.
When using the iPhone file manager or the cloud, you may see a folder called Applications or Applications, but the computer program does not allow you to view some of the iPhone system files. Therefore, the path to them is a little more complicated: / private / var / mobile / Applications. Application files downloaded from a third-party resource can be moved to folders of your choice using the download manager.
Note! App Store automatically installs all files by default in the correct folder.
Where apps are saved from the App Store
Apps stopped opening on iPhone? There is a solution
When your iPhone runs out of free space (owners of smartphones with 16 GB of memory will understand me), the system, as a rule, warns about this with a special message. However, sometimes, for some unknown reason, this does not happen, which entails far from the most pleasant consequences. In addition, applications on the iPhone crash not only because the device has run out of free memory: sometimes the problem may be in the incompatibility of the program version and the iOS version, as well as in the SDK of third-party services used, for example, for authorization.
Apps won’t open on iPhone
In addition to lack of memory (we’ll talk about this below), applications on the iPhone can crash due to problems with the SDK of third-party services. For example, the SDK of a social network can cause spontaneous crashes of applications in which it was embedded. It is used by many applications. from messengers like Viber to Yandex.Navigator. As a result of the crash, all these applications simply stop opening on the iPhone.
As a workaround, you can run one of the VPN services. see here how to do it. Developers, as a rule, quickly fix such failures, but if you do not have time to wait, a VPN will be an excellent way out of the situation.
Why apps won’t launch on iPhone yet
For example, as in the video below. The device seems to be working, but the Mail application does not start.
Mail isn’t the only program that doesn’t work when your iPhone runs out of memory. In particular, problems are observed with third-party applications like Instagram, and even Uber. Due to the fact that the warning about the lack of memory does not appear, users are puzzled about what happened to their smartphones.
The answer lies in “Settings”. “General”. “Storage and iCloud”. Here you can see that there is almost no free space on the device, and there is only one solution. to clear the memory so that the applications can work again.
How to do it? There are many options. You can use special utilities, clean up “Other”, delete “Documents and data”, at worst, remove unnecessary applications.
So if you suddenly stopped opening certain applications, this is a sign that it’s time to clean up on your device.
Longreads for you
Microsoft has its own password manager that differs from Keychain wider availability. It has a version for Chrome, iOS, and Android.
If the URL you followed is too long, it most likely includes tracking snippets for tracking. They can tell a lot about you. We figure out how to remove everything unnecessary from the link and protect ourselves from surveillance
Connect HDD to laptop can! You just need to find a special accessory. We found one of these, and even if it is not perfect either, it does its job. We’ll tell you if it’s worth buying.
Transferring images via iCloud
Check if you can use iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream
If you’ve turned on iCloud Music Library on your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your photos may already be on your computer.
You can go to iCloud.com and open the Photos app to view your entire library and select photos to import. If you haven’t turned on iCloud Music Library, try using My Photo Stream to access your photos on your computer.
If you are not using iCloud Music Library or My Photo Stream, try these steps.
- Check connections and update software.
- Try importing photos using a different Apple USB cable.
- If the import still fails, update the software.
- Download the latest iTunes.
- Try to import photos again.
Why the computer does not see the photo from the iPhone?
Your OS recognizes the iPhone just like a digital camera and can copy images from it just like from a memory card.
- After establishing a connection using a cable and after 5 seconds, as a rule, the standard application “Image Capture” automatically starts. If this does not happen, you can open it manually (located in the program section);
- All images will be presented in the opened window of this utility. At the same time, copying them is quite simple: you need to select the necessary ones and transfer them to a specific folder.
- We connect the gadget to the PC. In just 5 seconds, you will see an autoload pop-up window on the screen. If this does not happen, then you need to go to “My Computer” and open the iPhone as a Portable Device (for the seventh Windows) or as a camera, if you have WinXP;
- Next, open the storage of the iPhone itself, and then go to the DCIM folder. Its contents are, as a rule, two or three folders, which contain photos and video files;
- We find our photos and copy those that need to be uploaded to the computer;
- Paste it into the folder previously created on the PC. After importing the files, you can unplug the cord from the computer.
Note. When the iPhone is connected to the computer for the first time, a message will appear on the iPhone screen with the question: “Trust this device?” Of course, if you want to transfer photos, then you need to select the item “trust”.
If you still can’t import photos to your computer, or your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via WI-FI?
In addition to connecting by wire, photo transfer can also be done wirelessly. Before starting the transfer, you will need to sync via Wi-Fi.
From a computer, you first need to connect the device using a cable and open iTunes. On the left side of the window, in the “Devices” block, select the iPhone or iPad for synchronization. In the “Overview” tab in the “Parameters” block, you will need to put a checkbox opposite “Synchronization. devices via Wi-Fi “. Now the gadget will automatically sync when it is on the same network with a computer with iTunes installed.
Synchronization can be started from the phone via the device settings. To do this, in the “General” menu, you will need to select “Sync with iTunes via Wi-Fi”. The presence of synchronization is indicated by an icon in the phone’s tray. The device now appears as connected. Consequently, all actions on it can be performed in the same way as when connecting using a conventional cable. twisted pair.
Try using a different computer
If the camera does not appear in Device Manager, check the health of your iOS device by connecting it to another computer. If the iOS device is recognized as a camera on another computer, contact Microsoft or other Windows support on your computer for help.
Apple iOS 7 doesn’t trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password have been exhausted and there is no computer that your iphone would “trust”.
- Connect iPhone to computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Apple iPhone will appear among all devices, a personal computer will recognize it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, launch the Finder program in Mac OS. In other operating systems, the window of trust in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is also invoked by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After “trusting” on the computer, iTunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on your computer. With the help of iTunes, you can transfer not only photos to your computer, but also music, ringtones, videos and much more. First you need to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USD cable. When the computer beeps to notify that a new device is found, open iTunes.
- If email is configured on the iPhone, then photos can be sent via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to your computer; this can be easily done through the shared folder of the Yandex cloud service.
Import photos using cloud services
An excellent alternative to the second method, because by using auxiliary cloud services, you can quickly throw a large number of photos from your iPhone to your computer. To do this, you need a good Internet connection, as well as a registered account in one or several services: Yandex.Disk, DropBox, Cloud. Even email is fine for fewer images.
- transfer photos from your iPhone to a file hosting service;
- then download the downloaded files from a file hosting service, but only through a computer.
As you can see, copying photos from iPhone to computer is absolutely easy. With a hand filled, you can transfer footage in less than 5 minutes.
Docs To Go. Free Office Suite
Another popular mobile program for reading and editing Microsoft office files. In addition, it can be used as a regular PDF document reader.
Error: Unable to open file
Happens due to the fact that you open the downloaded file from the “Download Log”, but you need to open it from the “Downloads” or “Downloads” FOLDER.
DECISION. With such an error, it is enough to go to the “Main menu” and “My files”, then open the “Device memory” or “All files” folder (in general, select the folder where all the files of your device will be shown) and go to the “Downloads” or ” Downloads “. And then launch the required APK file. see the screenshots:
Still have questions? Write in the comments.
In order to open working files with Microsoft Office extensions (Word, Excel, etc.), special mobile programs are required. Since there are a lot of similar applications, we will consider the most popular of them and find out what is the most convenient way to open doc on Android.
Questions and answers
Why can’t I open PDFs on my Android phone?
Sometimes it can be difficult to open a PDF file on Android. In this case, follow these steps:
- try using a different PDF viewer. A simple Google Play Store search for “PDF” reveals many results, including a Google PDF Viewer option;
- if you still can’t open the file despite using other PDF readers, make sure you can open the file on your computer. Otherwise, the file may be damaged;
- if you are sure that your file is not corrupted but still cannot open the PDF file on your Android device, use it on your desktop / laptop to open it.
Why won’t files open after recovery? What to do?
Read why, after data recovery, some files do not open or open with an error. How to fix broken files or get data back from them. Any information stored by users is of great importance to him, regardless of the field of its application. By deleting it, users can perform recovery and get all data back. However, a situation often occurs when the recovered files cannot be opened. Next, we will describe the possible reasons that do not allow you to open files after they are restored, and suggest ways to restore access to such files.
Possible ways to return data
Now we will look at ways to get back important data when such files cannot be opened after recovery. In this case, you can use three methods that can help you in the situation that has arisen.
Users regularly use various computer devices, spending a significant part of their time on them every day. Personal computers and laptops, tablets and smartphones, digital cameras and game consoles, etc. are used everywhere and help users in various fields: in professional activities, for personal use, entertainment, services, etc.
The main elements associated with the use of computing devices are various types of information. With the development of new modern computer devices, the main flow of information falls on its digital part. And additionally, already existing data stored on different types of media are converted into digital format.
Therefore, the ways of storing, processing and exchanging any kind of information are of paramount importance for each of us. Users pay special attention to the security and safety of information, as well as protecting data from unforeseen losses. Important personal data, confidential personal or professional information, financial documents, various photographs and media resources, etc. are handled responsibly and are of the utmost importance to every user.
Each computer device is designed to use a variety of storage devices: hard drives, external drives, “USB” flash drives, memory cards of various formats, etc. All of them allow you to store, process and exchange any data at the request of the user.
However, important user data can be lost due to various reasons, ranging from the usual accidental deletion of data and ending with damage to the file system. Regardless of the reasons that led to the loss of data, users can restore their files and return the lost information back for later use.
But, quite often, users may face a situation when, after restoring a file, its internal content becomes inaccessible and it is not possible to open the file. Such a result can lead to undesirable consequences when the user may decide that important data has been lost forever. However, it is too early to make a final conclusion about irrecoverable data loss. There are several ways, as a result of the use of which, the data can still be returned. In our article, we will consider the possible reasons for which, after recovering files, the user cannot open them, and show several ways to eliminate such a problem.
Common reasons why a file cannot be opened after recovery
The reasons that will entail the impossibility of opening files after recovery can be different. In most cases, each cause is individual and depends on a number of factors. However, there is a general list in which the most common causes are presented:
- Physical Damage to the Storage Device: Any mechanical damage to the storage storage device can damage the information stored on it. As a result, the user will not be able to open such a file after recovery, due to the lack of direct physical access to individual data during the file check-in process.
- Bad sectors on the storage device: One of the possible reasons why the contents of the recovered file are unavailable is the presence of so-called “bad blocks” (inaccessible sections of the storage device), which contain the file information, but the system cannot access them. If the bad sector contains information about the file structure, then the corresponding level of logical connection disappears, which leads to the impossibility of opening the file after recovery. the file becomes unreadable.
- Deformation or erasure of the contents of a sector as a result of a malicious virus attack: Developers of malicious programs (viruses) use various algorithms to destroy or damage the internal contents of a file, and the range of malicious programs is unusually wide. Viruses can deform information in a file to exclude the possibility of its subsequent correction, even after using professional data recovery software (for example, filling the contents of a file with ones or zeros, erasing records about the logical structure of a file, etc.). As a result, the user will no longer be able to open such files.
- Full or partial overwriting of the contents of a file with other data: When you delete a file, only the file’s mark is deleted, which contains all information about it, size, location, format, etc. and additionally, the system marks the disk space occupied by a particular file as unused and available for new data recording. When executing a command aimed at saving a new file, the system checks the drive for empty space, according to its labels, and writes new data. Following its own logic, the system can select all or individual sectors and write new information into them, thereby destroying the previous record. The more such overwritten sectors, the higher the chance that after recovering a deleted file, its contents will not be displayed.
- Strong fragmentation of the storage device: The storage device writes any information to sectors (clusters) that are free and available for writing at a given time. If the sectors are located side by side on the disk and the recorded file is a single whole, then it is much easier for the recovery program to perform signature analysis of the file contents and restore it without damaging it in full. But, in the case when the contents of the file are divided into many fragments, chaotically scattered throughout the body of the drive, such a situation can lead to the loss of individual sectors, which may contain important information that affects the reconstruction of the file. The absence of data on the file header or individual sectors, with a high degree of probability, may not allow opening the file, even after its recovery.
- Damage to the Master Boot Table (“MBR”): Damage to the boot record can result in the operating system being unable to detect partitions or correctly determine their parameters. This can result in damage to the logical structure of the partition, destruction of the internal contents of the table, or records about partitions in one of the links in the “Extended Partition” chain. Partial or complete damage can lead to the absence of content in the recovered file, and, as a consequence, the inability to open it.
- Damage to the file system: Outward symptoms are quite similar to the problems from the previous section, with the only difference that the section is available for use, but not detected by the operating system. When restoring the file system, errors are corrected, however, quite often, such an action is not enough, and the system may consider some of the files as lost chains, which, even after recovery, may have problems opening.
Recover your data with another file recovery software
Today, users have access to a wide variety of programs for data recovery from various manufacturers. Therefore, when after restoring files they do not open, then use a program from another manufacturer and perform the restore again.
Why can’t I open PDF files
Please note that you will not be able to repair a damaged PDF file yourself. However, if you have the original file, you can re-create the PDF using Adobe products such as Acrobat or Photoshop Elements.
Can’t open PDF file in browser
Most modern web browsers can easily open a PDF file. If you are unable to open a specific PDF file on a webpage, try the solution below.
Set Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC as the default PDF owner
Your system may not open PDF files on the desktop automatically with Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. The following describes the process for making such a setup.
Download the PDF file and open it in Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC
Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) link to the PDF.
Select the appropriate save or load option for your browser:
- (Google Chrome) Save Link As
- (Internet Explorer) Save Target As
- (Firefox) Save Link As
- (Safari) Download file from link
Make sure Adobe Acrobat Document is selected as the file type and save the file.
If the Save As dialog does not appear, there may be multiple download windows open in the browser and the file was downloaded automatically.
Find the saved PDF file and double-click it to open it. If a browser opens a downloads window, double-click the PDF file in the list of downloaded files.
Install the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your computer
If Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC is already installed, go directly to the next step.
Acrobat Reader DC is the only free PDF document viewer that allows you to open and interact with all types of PDF content, including fillable forms and media files.
Go to the Download Adobe Acrobat Reader page and click Install Now. For step-by-step instructions, see Download and Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows or Mac OS.
Once the installation is complete, follow the steps in the next section.
Can’t open PDF file on computer
If you are unable to open the PDF file on your computer, try the following solutions in the order in which they are presented.
Right-click the PDF document icon and select Open with Choose default program (or Choose another app on Windows 10).
Select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC from the list of programs, and then do one of the following:
- Windows 7 and earlier. Check the box Use the selected program for all files of this type.
- Windows 8. Check Use this application for all.pdf files.
- Windows 10. Select Always use this app to open PDF files.
If you have both Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your computer, select Adobe Acrobat DC.