Why doesn’t scan the printer: reasons and solutions
Various factors and situations become the reasons for the breakdown of the scanner on the printer. A software glitch could have occurred, as a result of which the device simply turned off. Or there was some kind of physical damage. This article will discuss several popular reasons why the device does not scan to the computer, as well as the ways to fix them.
What can be a provocateur?
Below is a list of situations and factors that may cause the scanner to stop working. Here is a list of them:
- A hardware error occurred while connecting to it;
- During operation, the computer stopped responding or was not detected when trying to connect;
- Cannot scan at the moment;
- Another reason why the device does not scan to the computer. Unsuccessful scanning procedure;
- Device was not detected by the computer.
Now it’s worth starting to consider the most relevant solutions to this problem.
Reboot all devices
The first and most obvious thing that comes to mind. It is a reboot of the printer and the computer. For this:
- Disconnect the printing and scanning device from the PC and from the power supply;
- Close all applications and programs on your computer. Reboot;
- Plug the power cable of the printer into an outlet and start it;
- Try to repeat the procedure with the scanner.
ATTENTION! If the printer is connected to power through a surge protector, try to find a way to turn it on directly. This may cause some problems with the device.
Another reason why the device does not want to Scan may be due to a malfunctioning USB cable. To test your guess, follow these procedures:
- Try connecting the cable to other ports or even to additional devices, if the problem is not resolved, go to the next step;
- In the event that the scanning device is connected via a USB hub or docking station, but it does not work, try plugging it directly into the computer;
- Another prerequisite for why the device does not scan a document may be a faulty USB cable: try connecting another one, but its length does not have to exceed three meters;
- If almost all ports on your computer are occupied by different devices, try disabling some of them. Lack of voltage supplied to them can affect the operation of the printer.
Then repeat the scanning procedure. If none of this helped, skip to the second section.
Remove all printer software
The next prerequisite for why it does not scan the printer may be software. Most likely, during its operation, there was a conflict either with the drivers or with the operating system itself. To fix the error and install new software versions without problems, follow the procedure below:
- Disconnect the printing and scanning device from the computer;
- Using the search term, find a section called “Programs and Features”, run it;
- Among the list of programs installed on the computer, find the official printer utility, click on it and activate the removal procedure;
- To successfully complete the process, just follow the prompts that appear;
- After the program has been completely removed from your computer, restart it.
Now you can proceed to the next step in solving the question of why the printer does not scan.
Third party printers
After uninstalling the special software of the scanning and printing device, you need to make sure that no other devices are installed on the computer. This is done according to the following algorithm:
- Using the search term, find a utility called “Devices and Printers”, Run it;
- If among the connected elements you find the icon of the old printer, then click on it with the right mouse button and delete;
- After that, disconnect the scanning and printing device from the computer and from the power supply;
- Reboot the last one and wait until the operating system starts.
Now you can move on to the next stage of parsing why the device does not scan.
Reinstalling special software
You need to reinstall the scan and print device drivers. To do this, go to the manufacturer’s website on the Internet, download the latest software from there. Or just use the disc that came with the kit. Next Follow these instructions:
- Start the printer
- Install the device driver itself.
If you still have not been able to figure out why the device does not scan the document to the computer, then try using third-party software:
Why won’t the product print PDF documents? Checking the printer. How to determine the cause
- Check if all or one pdf document is NOT Printed. You can try to print another file with the same extension.
Causes in the computer and printer
It is enough to restart the printer:
- To turn off the device, the power button is clamped;
- After 20 seconds, the device turns on again;
- Trying to print the document again.
Printer not selected by default
The problem often occurs when using multiple printers at the same time.
- Find out the printer model. It is displayed on the front of the case or on stickers on the back.
- Go to the control panel.
- Selects the “Devices and Printers” section.
- Choose your model from the list provided.
- Click on it with the right mouse button.
- In the drop-down menu marks the term “Use by default”.
Windows 7, 8, 10 in the printers section you can go like this:
- Press WinR at the same time;
- Enter the command control printers;
- Choose default printer.
As a result, a check mark will appear on the image of the desired device on a green background.
The document is in the queue for printing
It is necessary to forcefully clear the queue:
- In the item “Devices and Printers” (how to enter, it is written above) from the list of available select yours;
Printing from a flash drive
If the device does not print PDF files from the USB flash drive connected to it, the problem is in the motherboard software. Work with this type of documents is not supported. A solution is to transfer the file to the hard disk and print from there.
On the desktop, right-click on the “Computer” shortcut. In the menu, select “Management”.
In the window that opens on the left in the “Utilities” directory, select the “Device Manager” section. In the list that appears, the required printer is selected and its context menu opens from the RMB. Select the option “Update drivers.”.
The system will offer the user two options for updating. You can try automatic updates first. Otherwise, download the driver from the manufacturer’s official website and Install.
Return to the “Update drivers.” option and select the second option for the software search. “Search for drivers on this computer”.
Sometimes the lack of printing can mean that the firmware of the motherboard has flown or it is completely out of order. Finding the problem yourself is difficult. Contact the service center.
Does NOT print PDF due to program
If you cannot print pdf due to the fault of the program, it must be updated or replaced with an available analogue.
Updating software and reinstalling
The Acrobat and Adobe Reader editors update in the same way:
- We launch the program;
- In the main menu select the “Help” section;
- Select “Check for updates” from the list provided;
- The system analyzes the availability of new versions;
- An update is being installed;
- After completion the computer reboots.
Selecting a different program
In addition to Acrobat and Adobe Reader, free programs can print documents in.Pdf format:
- Xcange Viewer;
- Free Reader;
- Movavi Editor;
Problems in the PDF file
If the file opens without error but does not print, the problem may be system code corruption. If the document was downloaded from the Internet, received by mail, or copied from a USB flash drive, the procedure for copying to a hard disk must be repeated.
Restoration from the original source
To restore, you must have the original file from which the pdf document was created. The source is opened in a program that allows you to convert, for example, a.Docx file to.Pdf, and its creation is repeated.
Resave PDF document
The file opens in any of the available editors like Acrobat. The section “File”. “Save As” is selected in the menu. The name of the document proposed for saving needs to be changed, all symbols have been removed from it, except for Latin letters and numbers. Removes all documents from the queue before printing.
Printing a file as an image
The function is available in Adobe products, it speeds up the printing of simple documents. It is necessary in the print window next to the name of the printer will be called the “Advanced” button. In the new window “Advanced print settings” checkbox marks the item “Print as image”. The action is confirmed by pressing the “Ok” button.
Lack of fonts
If the file does not print because of non-standard fonts or languages that are not available on your computer, you can also try to print it as an image. You can also check if there is a check mark next to the “Print to file” message in the advanced print settings.
File validation with Acrobat
In the paid version of Adobe Acrobat, you can check your document for errors before printing.
- In the program menu go to the Print Production section.
- In the drop-down list, select the Preflight function.
- In the window that opens, enter the word “syntax” in the search bar to find all syntax errors.
- After that, the profile “Report an error in PDF syntax” is selected, and the correction tool is activated at the bottom of the window.
File is protected from printing
To check the fact of blocking a file from printing, go to the “File” menu in its properties and in the “Protection” tab check the summary of document restrictions.
Convert PDF to DOCX or TXT
If the printer is completely functional and all the previous methods did NOT work, you can convert PDF files to text format. This option is suitable when the file contains mostly text and a minimum amount of images. The conversion is done through special software or online services.
Diagnosing problems with Windows
Windows built-in diagnostics and troubleshooting tools identify problems caused by a service failure or some system setting.
- In the “Start” menu Open the section “Control Panel”.
- Select the subsection “Troubleshooting”.
- On the page that opens, in the “Hardware and Sound” block, select “Printer Usage”.
- In the window that opens, click “Next”.
- A dot marks a malfunctioning printer.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Waiting for the system to analyze.
Why the printer is not working: causes and solutions
There are a lot of factors to the reasons for the failure of the printer, as well as of other complex electronics. They can appear as a result of improper operation by the user, wear of various parts, or a violation of the stability of operation (voltage drops, etc.)
This material will discuss the reasons why an HP printer or any other model does not work. Ways to eliminate many faults will also be provided.
What could be the fault?
To date, several of the most common causes have been identified that can cause the printer to stop working. Here is a list of them:
- There was a problem or error while connecting the device to the computer.
- Why doesn’t a Canon or other model printer work? The user selected the wrong device option when trying to print a document. As a result, printing is impossible.
- During the operation of the device itself, an error occurred that stalled the work.
- There is no paper in the product or it is jammed.
- Drivers have not been updated for a long time or have been removed due to some error.
- One or more ink cartridges are empty or incorrectly refilled.
It is worth noting that these are only the most popular options for why a Samsung printer or any other model does not work. The causes of any breakdown will be unique to each situation.
Attention! Despite the fact that most faults can be fixed by the user within ten minutes, it is not worth doing self-repair if you are NOT confident in your own abilities.
A fairly common and even trivial error that leads to the termination of the printer. Sometimes users may not connect the wires correctly. Sometimes they just forget to plug the power cord into the outlet. At the same time, other errors related to operation from the network may become the culprit of the malfunction.
How to fix?
Are you NOT sure if the error might be the connection and want to know why your HP Laserjet or other printer is not working? To get started, just check all the wires:
- Pay attention to the power cord. If it’s plugged in, check how tightly it fits.
- Next, check the cable that goes from the printer to the computer. Make sure there is no damage along its entire length and everything is plugged into the correct connectors.
- Restart the computer and printing device. Pay attention to the state of the indicators of the latter. If something has changed, see this value in the instructions that come with the kit.
Quite often, among the gadgets for printing, you can see several options. Even though you have one. These instances are a virtual device and are practically NOT related to what you use to print documents.
The fact that the user sends the necessary file to the virtual device is the answer to the question why the printer does not work if it is connected correctly.
What will fix the situation?
To eliminate this unpleasant situation, simply set your own printer as the default printing device. Then the system will automatically use it for work. You can do it this way:
- In the search bar, enter the phrase “printers” and open the application for managing these devices.
- In the list that opens, find the device that you are using, and Click on its shortcut with the right mouse button.
- As soon as the context menu opens, put a marker on the line “Use as default”.
This should solve the problem of why the printer is not working and is NOT printing. However, keep in mind that if there are several devices for working with paper, you still have to choose one of them every time.
An error occurs in the queue
Sometimes it can happen that even a new printer has stopped working. Here it is worth paying attention to the processes that were started. Perhaps one of them is frozen. This led to an error in the print queue.
How to fix freeze?
To fix this problem, you need to look at the queue itself and remove the processes that interfere with the work. You can do it this way:
- Enter the word “printers” in the search bar;
- Select the required section in the list of results;
- After switching to a new window, click on the line with the name of your device for printing (it will be on the right side of the screen)
- After activation, three buttons will appear, one of which will offer to open the print queue; we activate it;
- Then you should see a list of documents that are to be printed; just remove them all and start a new process.
The problem is in the software
Another prerequisite for the inoperability of the printer is the driver. If this is your first time connecting the device to the network, chances are they are completely missing. The same is true when configuring the device with a newly installed operating system.
Alternatively, the drivers could have become quite outdated, and therefore it is no longer possible to ensure stable operation of the printer.
Where to get them?
There are two different ways to update drivers for many devices. The first one involves downloading them from the Internet, from the device manufacturer’s website. To perform the second, you need to use the device manager. Since it is more complex, let’s take a closer look at it:
- Using the Windows search term, enter the phrase “device manager”;
- Select “Standard Applications” in the list of results;
- After going to the program window, find your printer in the list of all devices connected to the computer
- Click on its shortcut with the right mouse button and activate the driver update line;
- Then you need to indicate where to look for this software;
- After all is specified, the system starts searching for drivers available for installation.
Let’s now deal with some of the printer components.
Working with cartridges
One of the main details that can serve as a prerequisite for why the printer does not work. To prevent this from happening, the cartridges must be changed regularly. This is determined by the degradation of the print color.
However, it also happens that almost immediately after replacing this element, the device stopped printing. Let’s see why the printer cartridge does not work. And also what to do so that the error does NOT occur anymore.
Causes of malfunctions
At the moment, there are many options as to why the printing device does not work after changing or long-term use of cartridges. Here are some of them:
- The part was not installed correctly. Or it was not prepared for work (the cover is NOT closed tightly, the protective films are NOT removed).
- The air ducts are dirty.
- Dry ink or an air lock is inside the printheads.
- CISS ink loop was pinched or clogged.
- The limit for the number of print processes has been reached.
- Installed non-original part.
- The cartridge is defective and damaged.
Let’s consider further how to fix some of them.
Removing dried paint
This is quite common. Occurs in situations where the printer has NOT been used for a long time. You can clean the outlet using a special utility that is installed on all modern models of printing devices. The process can be started through the toolbox in the printer application. Most often it can be found under the name “cartridge cleaning”.
During cleaning, a special pump is started. It propels ink under pressure through the inlet of the cartridge. As a result, air or dried ink is released.
If the device model is old enough, then this process will have to be performed manually.
If for any reason you had to remove the cartridges, then pay attention to how they were installed. You can also see the instructions included in the kit. Although in general, It is not such a difficult process.
When installing Make sure the cartridge cover is securely closed. Failure to do so will result in smudges, streaks, or almost completely black pages during printing.
Also, make sure that after installing the part back into the case, after all, various small debris does not get there, which can lead to clogging of the inlet.
Here is another small list of consequences that arise when the cartridges are incorrectly installed:
- Printing is done in only one shade;
- With absolutely full ink carrier, the printout looks extremely faint;
- Instead of a document, stains of different colors remain on the paper.
Conflict at work
Another option for why the printer does not work after installing new cartridges. If, after changing the original part, a conditionally suitable one was installed, then such defects may appear as:
- Various spots remain when printing;
- Complete absence of paint on paper;
- Faded result.
All this is a symptom of incompatibility between the printer itself and the new cartridges. The best option. Try to find original.
What about the scanner?
It also happens that the scanner refuses to work in a completely new printer. It should be noted that this is a fairly common phenomenon that is quite easy to fix. Let’s figure out why the scanner in the printer does not work.
The first thing to look out for is the drivers. The solution to this problem is quite simple:
- Using the search term, go to “Device Manager”;
- Among the list of all devices connected to the computer, find the scanner of your printer and Right-click on it;
- In the context menu that appears, select the driver update period;
- Indicate where to look for the software and wait for the process to complete.
You can also find them on the website of your device manufacturer.
Additional problems and how to fix them
Below is a set of the most common options for why a scanner might NOT work on a printer. It should be noted that many of them are also a prerequisite for the lack of operability of the printing device itself:
- The power supply unit or the wire was damaged during a violation of the rules of operation or as a result of marriage. Here you either need to find the same part, or just exchange it under warranty.
- The cable between the computer and the printer is defective. Try to find a replacement.
- The scanner malfunction was caused by sudden power surges. As a result of frequent repetition of this process, the printing device may be completely damaged. If a surge is detected, simply turn off the device.
- Incorrect printer settings. In this case, it is recommended to perform a factory reset.
Why won’t the device scan my document to my computer? The scanner does not scan: instructions for solving the problem
There are many reviews and a lot of questions on the Internet, like “The scanner does not scan, help!” or “bought a new printer the scanner is not working. What to do. “, A lot of information on the repair or elimination of” disease symptoms “. Experts say that in 30% of cases a completely serviceable car gets sick. So it is not necessary to immediately run to the service center and return the printer for repair. Do-it-yourself repairs.
For example, try pre-scanning, that is, it will launch any software that allows you to Get an image. When scanning starts, the previously installed driver is launched. If the driver has not been installed, then you need to take the installation disc, which is included in the kit, and just install the desired one. If the driver is installed and ready to work, then the actions are completely different.
The driver is installed, but the scanner still does not work
So, the software is there, but the device is not detected. The first step to start diagnosing the problem is by clicking on Start Search and going to Control Panel. Then find the item Administration, click on it. A window opens with a list of different functions. You need to find and launch the device manager (the light version is to go to the My Computer shortcut, right-click on an empty space, and go to the hardware tab).
The item is found and another window pops up on the monitor, with a bunch of plus signs and is named. You need to find exactly the scanner and determine if it is installed. Searching for “Imaging Devices” shouldn’t take a lot of time. So, click on the plus sign and here it is, the model name and an exclamation mark next to it on a yellow background. What does this mean? This means that the drivers are either not suitable or outdated. But the way out from the position is the same.We go to the Internet and find the driver we need.
You can also download a program that will automatically update all drivers on the hardware. Drivers found and installed, restarts the machine, everything is ready.
But what if everything is in working order in the device manager? The scanner is detected, but still refuses to work? There is another snag. For normal operation, you need to purchase a specific program on the manufacturer’s website. And, of course, not for a small amount. But this problem is solved in the same way, you need to go to the Internet and find the necessary software.
Having considered the technical problems, let’s move on to physical
Very often they ask such a question, why does the hardware refuse to Scan when the device is working properly? Some solutions to this problem.
- Checking the power supply and power wires (in case of a malfunction, both elements will prevent the scanner from functioning).
- Look at Visible damage to the wire connecting the system unit and the scanner itself.
- Check the voltage in the network (it happens that many electrical devices work at the same time, and the scanning device simply does not have enough power).
- Some experts claim that the scanners may NOT work due to the creation of microwaves by any objects (just in case, turn off the microwave oven, it may help). Check the grounding of the wiring.
- Finally, check your settings, suddenly it’s just not configured correctly and resetting to defaults will restore all work.
If the device uses a USB interface, then perhaps the reason is in the connection port and installation on a different port will solve all problems.
It still does not work, although everything has already been checked?
An important role is played by the operating system installed on a computer or laptop. Most manufacturers have recently released printers and scanners are designed for use on the Windows 7 operating system.
Let’s sum up
The simplest method to check is to open the “device manager” and check the controller. It should not be marked with a yellow exclamation mark. The controller should be operating optimally. If there is a problem, then you should try to install the scanner on another computer, perhaps a problem with your hardware. It often happens that perfectly serviceable systems simply refuse to work. A striking example is the Mustek scanner, which simply refuses to work with the bus controllers made by Tekram. So, before installing the scanner, you should definitely consult which bus this product works on or ask for a recommendation on choosing a new controller.
If none of the proposed options came up and the scanner refuses to work further, then there is only one way out: carry it to the service center for warranty service. The service center will help you exactly and explain what was the reason.
The device does not scan. Possible causes and solutions to the problem
Often, office equipment users are faced with the need to find an answer to the question of why the device does not scan. The cause of the problem may lie in the all-in-one printer / printer and personal computer, or in the connection between them. To find the source of the problem and determine why the scanner is not working, you need to look at several possible causes and try to fix them. If you are sure that the scanner of the device is in working order, then check it by connecting to a second PC. If all else fails, then, of course, you will have to resort to the services of a service center.
Possible reasons and ways to eliminate them
So what if the all-in-one printer is not scanning? First of all, pay attention to the computer, which, together with the device for printing, must be turned off, then disconnected from both devices the power cable. Wait about a minute, and after reconnecting power, turn on both devices. By doing this, the memory of the computer and the multifunctional device will be cleared, which will allow the all-in-one printer to work normally.
But if the scan did not start, and the previously working multifunctional device began to issue various error codes, then it is imperative to eliminate them in a timely manner. Find them Detailed descriptions can be found in the instructions supplied with the printer. In addition, the multifunctional device of almost any model makes it possible to perform scanning and copying in the so-called. Service mode. To start it, first of all, turn off the device itself. Then hold down the “Reset” and the “Power” button. Next, release the first button and press it twice (for different models, the number of such clicks may be different. read more in the device’s instruction manual). Finally, release “Power” and check if the printer is responding to scan commands.
If the device does not scan and the above recommendations did not help you, then be sure to try reconnecting the USB cable. Pull it out and connect to the second port of the PC. It is advisable to organize such a connection not from a USB hub, but directly to a personal computer. Then, first of all, check if the PC began to see the printer connected to it. If the printer has become visible to the computer, then try scanning and printing a couple of sheets.
Another reason the printer prints but doesn’t scan is because of the scanner drivers that users simply forgot to install. The question arises, what to do in this situation? So, if the PC does not see the scanner for this very reason, then download the Appropriate driver from our website or from the website of the manufacturer of your office equipment and install it. If you do not know what to download specifically, then it is better to download the complete device driver. In addition, the reason may even lie in the installed driver, which simply “flew”. In such a situation, you will have to first remove it and install the updated version.
In the event that the all-in-one printer prints but does not scan, you will have to reset its settings. Also, this method will help in solving the following problems: the device does not copy, has stopped responding to user commands. You should reset the settings from the device menu or using special software.
In addition, the device may stop scanning due to a broken power supply. most models are connected to the electrical network using a similar part, just like mobile phones. You can solve the problem by purchasing and installing a power supply with similar characteristics.
In general, it is not uncommon for the printer to work, but the all-in-one printer does NOT function. Especially such a problem catches the user by surprise when the printer still normally prints out of order. According to some specialists, the all-in-one printer may stop functioning due to the creation of microwaves by any objects. Therefore, before using the printer, it would be a good idea to turn off the microwave oven. perhaps this will help you.
In addition, if the printer is working, and the scanner itself is present, then check the grounding of the wiring, the voltage in the mains and carefully inspect the wire connecting the PC to the scanner for visible damage.
Why does the device not scan?
Why won’t the device scan? Why don’t cows fly? The task of the PE-CHA-I-T printer, i.E. Output various texts, graphics, drawings from a computer to paper. it doesn’t matter.
Scans another device. a scanner. It is he who can convert into electronic format (digitize) various images, documents and other things.
It’s another matter when the scanner and printer are combined in one device. In this case, the question is quite justified (let’s lower our eyes to the curvature of the wording)
So what to do when your device won’t scan?
Everything is very individual, so I won’t talk about the reasons without seeing the patient. Here are a couple of universal tips that can help.
Replacing the cable with a shorter one
In some cases, changing the USB cable to a shorter one can help. The trick is that some peripherals may not work correctly when the cable length is more than 1.5 m. Some devices work, while others refuse. Technomagic, in a word.
Use additional software.
For example, VueScan. this software has proven itself to work well with various printers / scanners, be it HP, Epson, Canon, etc. Available manual and automatic scan settings, a bunch of filters and various features.
This is not the only software of its kind, but I prefer it. In my purely biased (aha) opinion. she is the best.
Installing the latest drivers
Any brand of printer has its own official website where you can download the latest drivers. Sometimes the drivers that came with the purchase become outdated (for example, when the user changes the OS) and stop working = new ones are needed.
Correct setup and connection
Do everything according to the instructions, do not forget to make the printer the “default printer” (go through the control panel and change it)
Incorrectly flashing the cartridge
Printing problem? If difficulties arose after refilling the cartridge, then it is incorrectly stitched. In general, there are many nuances with this case, which are described in a separate article.
Clean up the “print queue”
The fact is that in combined devices (printer-scanner-copier), the simultaneous execution of functions is technically impossible. Those. It will not be able to print and scan at the same time.
But there is a nuance here. The printer may NOT be printing at the moment, but it has documents pending in the “print queue”. Delete them.
Copyright (c) 2020 HTFI. Copying of information is allowed provided that active links to sources are indicated.
The product does not print Word documents
Today it has become extremely difficult to do without computer equipment. It is needed everywhere. at work and at home. Most of the texts, regardless of their content, are formatted today in printed form. To get such text on paper, you need a printer. With this simple device, you can print any text document or image you are interested in. But what if the printer suddenly stopped printing files created in Word? We understand further in this issue.
Why won’t my product print Word documents
The causes of this malfunction can be divided into two main categories:
- Breakdowns of a technical nature;
- Software crashes (problems with the driver or your PC software).
Eliminating problems with printing documents in Word
In order to fix the problem with printing, you will need:
- Check the correctness of the printer connection, the serviceability of the wires with which the connection was made, the serviceability of the port. USB and plug cable.
- Check the presence of ink in the printer cartridge and, if necessary, replace or refill them. So, for example, in laser printers, document printing blocking is turned on automatically when ink reaches a certain level. It is possible to remove the lock manually, and this process is individual for each printer model.
- Restart your computer. perhaps this action will help to eliminate some of the problems or resolve them completely.
If we are talking about a network printer, you will need to clear the queue of files sent to print, since their peculiar “queue” may prevent new jobs from being sent to the device. Files sent for printing, as a rule, are “flushed” from the queue when the printer is restarted, but if this does not happen, you will have to perform a number of additional steps:
- Go through “Start” to the section “Devices and Printers”.
- Select the faulty device and click “View print queue”.
- We will clear the window that opens in front of you from the documents it contains by using the Delete button or by selecting the command to clear the queue.
Another prerequisite for the appearance of a malfunction may be that the printer to which the print is sent is not selected as the main one. You can change the situation by opening the “Control Panel” section and going from it to “Devices and Printers”. Among the available devices, select the one you need and set up its use by default.
Using the same menu, you can try to start the troubleshooting mode and diagnose the hardware. After completing the diagnostics, the system itself will offer you the most likely solutions to the problem.
Try sending a test page to print. To do this, without leaving the section open on the screen, double-click the LMB on the printer icon and go to the “Properties” menu. In its “General” tab, click on the “Test Print” button. The resulting page will show you the nature of the problem:
- If there are streaks on the paper or its filling is uneven, it is necessary to replace or refill the cartridge;
- When receiving a page without printing. repair the printer.
Now you should make sure that the driver is working properly. To do this, go to the “Control Panel” section, and from it. to the “Device Manager”. In the list that opens, select the faulty printer, click on it and click “Update driver”. In this case, you can choose one of two possible options:
- Automatic update. if you select this option, the system will automatically detect a new driver version and install it. However, it is not always possible to perform this task automatically.
- Manual search. to perform it, go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the name of your printing device in the search box. In the list that opens in front of you, select the utility you need, download it and install.
Sometimes, a problem with printing documents may arise due to the presence of a virus on the PC. If you suspect this cause of the problem, you need to run a full scan of your PC with an anti-virus program, and if this suspicion is confirmed, you need to restore the system or reinstall it completely.
Checking Word Files and Settings
Before checking, make sure that the print is being sent to the correct device. If the printer is on the list of devices available for printing, check its readiness for operation using the above methods.
If the document that you want to print has limited functionality, it should be removed, since this may cause printing failure. The restriction is usually signaled by the corresponding inscription located at the top of the window with the document. Save the document in a new format using the “Save As” function and open the copy you created.
If this does not help, and the blocking remains, go to the “Review” section and in the edit restriction window, Disable protection. After completing these actions, click “Save”.
Now you need to check the print of the document. Create a blank document and enter = rand (10) in its field, then press Enter. Several paragraphs of free text will appear in the document, send them to print. If printing was successful, try changing the font or adding an image to the document. Let’s print again.
Restoring the functioning of Microsoft Word
If your problem is not resolved using the above method, try reinstalling the program. For this:
- Close all Office applications;
- Go to the “Control Panel” section;
- From there go to the subsection “Add or Remove Programs”;
- Select from the list of installed applications Microsoft Office Word, and by clicking on it, select the command “Change”;
- Now you need to click on the “Restore Word” item, followed by the “Next” button.
You can also reinstall Word in other ways, the availability of which directly depends on which version of the program you are using. So, for the 2003 application, go to the “Help” section, use the “Find and Restore” option, click “Start” and, when prompted, insert the licensed disk into the drive.
For the 2007 program. you need to click on the Microsoft Office icon and go to the “Word Options” section, activate the “Diagnostics” button located in the “Resources” subsection, then follow the instructions on the screen.
Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader
On this page
某些 Creative Cloud 应用 程序, 服务 和 功能 在 中国 不可 用.
If you are having problems with simplex or duplex printing on Mac, see Problems with duplex or simplex printing in Acrobat on Mac
To troubleshoot a document printing problem, you must first identify the source. The methods below provide solutions for basic problems. The methods are divided into three categories:
Are you able to print this page?
Try to print this page. If you are unable to print this page, follow these steps to check the printer connection
Make sure the cable used to connect the printer to the computer is securely connected.
If the printer is connected to a USB hub, disconnect the cable from the hub. Then plug the printer cable directly into the USB port of your computer.
Turn off the printer. Wait about 30 seconds and then turn it back on.
Try to print the PDF again.
Are you using the latest printer driver?
Make sure you are using the latest printer driver (software that controls the printer). Printer manufacturers release updated driver versions to improve compatibility with newer software versions, such as the latest Reader or Acrobat.
Find out your printer model number.
Go to the official website of the manufacturer and Search for the keywords “drivers” or “printer drivers”.
The addresses of the download pages for the drivers of some manufacturers are listed below:
Find the driver that matches your printer model number.
Download and install the printer driver following the developer’s instructions.
Have you tried to print to a different printer?
If you have another printer connected to your computer, try printing to it. Sometimes another printer can successfully print a PDF document, but cannot print to another printer.
To switch printers in Windows, see Change the default printer (Windows 10 and 8) or look for instructions in Windows Help.
To switch printers on Mac OS, see Change the default printer (macOS) or go to Apple support for instructions for your operating system.
Solutions related to PDF files
Very often printing problems are caused by problems with PDF files. Even if the PDF document is displayed correctly on the screen, it may contain incomplete or damaged data.
Try selecting the Print as Image option
If you need to quickly print a simple document (such as a letter or letterhead), use the Print as Image option. To select this option, in the Print dialog box, click the Advanced button. (In Windows 7, the Advanced button is located at the bottom of the dialog box).