Why the Epson printer does not print
A printer for a modern person is a rather necessary thing, and sometimes even a necessary one. A large number of such devices can be found in educational institutions, offices, or even at home, if the need for such an installation exists. However, any technique can Riot salesmen, so you need to know how to “save” it.
The main problems in the operation of the Epson printer
The words “the printer does not print” means a lot of malfunctions, which sometimes are not even related to the printing process, but to its result. That is, the paper enters the device, the cartridges work, but the output material can be printed in blue or black stripes. You need to know about THESE and other problems, because they can be easily eliminated.
Issue 1: Problems related to OS setup
Often people think that if the device does not print at all, then this means only the worst options. However, this is almost always due to the operating system, which may have incorrect settings that block printing. One way or another, this option must be disassembled.
- First, to eliminate printer problems, you need to connect it to a second device. If it is possible to do this via a Wi-Fi network, then even a modern smartphone is suitable for diagnostics. How to check? It is enough to send any document for printing. If everything went well, then the problem is clearly in the computer.
- The simplest option why the printer refuses to print documents is the absence of a driver in the system. Such software is rarely installed on its own. Most often it can be found on the official website of the manufacturer or on the disc included with the printer. One way or another, you need to check its presence on your computer. To do this, open “Start”. “Control Panel”. “Device Manager”.
There we are interested in our printer, which should be contained in the tab of the same name.
If everything is fine with such software, we continue to check for possible problems.
Otherwise, make a single right-click on the printer image and select “Use as default” in the context menu.
Check the print queue immediately. It could also happen that someone simply failed to complete such a procedure, which caused the problem with the file “stuck” in the queue. Due to such a problem, the document simply cannot be printed. In this window, we do the same actions as in the paragraph earlier, but select “View print queue”.
In order to delete all temporary files, you need to select “Printer”. “Clear print queue”. Thus, we delete both the document that interfered with the normal operation of the device, and all files that were added after it.
This concludes the analysis of the problem. If the printer still refuses to print only on a specific computer, you need to check it for viruses or try using a different operating system.
Problem 2: The printer prints in stripes
This problem appears quite often in the Epson L210. It is difficult to say with what it is connected, but it is possible to resist it completely. You just need to figure out how to do it as efficiently as possible and NOT harm the device. It should be noted right away that both the owners of inkjet printers and laser printers can face such problems, so the analysis will consist of two parts.
- If the printer is inkjet, first you need to check the amount of ink in the cartridges. Quite often they end just after such a preceding as the “striped” print. You can use the utility for this, which is provided for almost every printer. If it is absent, you can use the Official website of the manufacturer.
- For black and white printers where only one cartridge is relevant, such a utility looks quite simple, and all information about the amount of ink will be contained in one graphic element.
In devices that support color printing, the utility will become quite diverse, and you can already observe several graphical components that indicate how much a certain color is left.
If there is a lot of ink, or at least enough ink, pay attention to the print head. Quite often, inkjet printers suffer from the fact that it is she who clogs up and leads to malfunction. Such elements can be found both in the cartridge and in the device itself. It should be noted right away that replacing them is an almost meaningless task, since the cost can reach the price of a printer.
It remains only to try to clear them in hardware. For this, the programs provided by the developers are again used. It is in them that you should look for a function called “Printhead Check”. It can be other diagnostic tools, if necessary, it is recommended to use all.
Problem 3: The product does not print in black
This problem is most commonly found in L800 inkjet printers. In general, such problems are practically excluded for a laser analogue, therefore we will NOT consider them.
- First you need to check the cartridge for leaks or improper refilling. Quite often people buy NOT a new cartridge, but ink, which may be of poor quality and damage the device. New ink may also simply be incompatible with the cartridge.
- If you are confident in ink and cartridge quality, you should check the print head and nozzles. These parts are constantly contaminated, after which the paint dries on them. Therefore, they need to be cleaned. This is described in detail in the previous method.
In general, almost all problems of this kind occur due to the black cartridge, which is out of order. To find out for sure, you need to conduct a special test by printing a page. The simplest solution to the problem is to buy a new cartridge or contact a specialized service.
Problem 4: The printer prints in blue
With such a malfunction, as with any other, you first need to perform a test by printing a test page. Already starting from it, you can find out what exactly is faulty.
- When some color does not print, you should clean the ink nozzles. This is done in hardware, detailed instructions were discussed earlier in the second part of the article.
- If everything prints fine, the problem is with the printhead. It is cleaned using a utility, which is also described under the second paragraph of this article.
- When such procedures, even after repeating, did not help, the printer requires repair. You may have to replace one of the parts, which is not always financially advisable.
This concludes the analysis of the most common problems associated with the Epson printer. As it is already clear, something can be corrected on your own, but something is better PROVIDED to professionals, Who can make an unambiguous conclusion about how large-scale the problem is.
Why does the printer jam the paper and NOT print?
Often, office equipment users are faced with the problem of unstable operation of the printer or all-in-one printer, which manifests itself in the fact that periodically paper jams in the device. All this complicates the printing process and brings a lot of inconvenience. How to deal with this problem? And, most importantly, what are the reasons that the printer chews on paper?
Remember, the reason why the printer chews on paper can be quite simple. For example, the use of low-quality consumables. We are talking about cheap paper from unknown manufacturers. Of course, the printer will print on it for a while, and then begin to chew the sheets. The fact is that the cellulose particles gradually peeled off and adhered to the rollers and other important mechanisms of the printing device.
The use of paper that is too thick and too thick can also lead to unpleasant consequences. Often after that, the device crumples the sheets. Or does NOT print at all, but only writes about some kind of error. The easiest way to diagnose is that the paper class is NOT suitable in canon and HP printers. in this case, they chew the paper on one side.
Paper jams can also be explained by the fact that:
- There was a folded corner of the sheet;
- One of the sheets was wrinkled, damaged, or torn;
- Some sheets sent to the paper tray were held together with staples or staples;
- There is a large stack of paper in the tray, causing the print device to intercept multiple sheets of paper at once.
Survived is not worth it. Paper problems are quickly and easily resolved. In the worst case, chewing occurs somewhere in the middle of the leaf. You can pull it out both through the back panel and through the tray, where already printed sheets fall. In turn, in order to avoid subsequent jamming of the paper, it is enough to make sure that it is correctly inserted into the printer, its quality and parameters correspond to all necessary, there are no uneven or mint sheets.
Unpleasant consequences can be only in those cases if the paper is jammed due to the entry of foreign objects. paper clips, stickers, staples, etc. Office supplies. This can easily damage the feed sensors or drum unit. The for such components are quite high. And you can’t do without the help of specialists.
Printing device problems
If the printer jams or chews the paper, then problems in the device itself may be a prerequisite for this. These include malfunctions of some parts, internal malfunctions, contamination or overheating of devices, and more. Etc. Consider the most common problems that lead to jamming of sheets in the printer when printing:
- Overheating of the mechanical parts of the printer. It often happens when printing large and voluminous texts, which occupy about fifty pages or more. It is necessary to stop the operation of the printing device and give it time for all parts to cool down. In the future, you only need to print in small batches.
- Brake pad wear. This error is especially common in Samsung printers. The fact is that a special rubber layer wears out in the brake pad. In total, it ceases to properly hold the paper, several sheets are passed at once. Because of this, chewing occurs. You need to contact the service center or replace this part yourself.
- Dirty or worn paper pick rollers. Try cleaning the rollers with a cotton swab or cloth first, rather than leaving lint. If this does not help, then the reason may be the excessive wear of THESE parts. As a rule, the rubber coating on the working surface “suffers” in the first place. It is best to install new videos. By the way, if the rollers are malfunctioning, the paper is often chewed at the exit. It is worth remembering this in order to quickly determine the cause of the unstable operation of the printer.
Naturally, these are not all problems associated with the technical part of the printer, which can lead to paper jams. In fact, there are many more of them. At the same time, a significant part of such malfunctions can be diagnosed and corrected only in a specialized service center.
A paperclip is caught in the printer
What to do if the printer has a paper jam?
Not only does the user need to try to determine the cause of the paper chewing, but it also needs to remove the jammed letter. The best way to do it is as follows:
- Unplug the printing device from the network.
- Delete all print jobs.
- Open the cover on the printer itself or the all-in-one printer. It can be at the back, side or top. It all depends on the model.
- Now pull out the jammed paper. The first step is to remove the cartridge. At the same time, inspect it and adjacent surfaces for foreign objects.
- Next, you need to get the chewed letter. Remember that if it is stuck at the beginning or in the middle, then pull it towards the opposite side of the seal. If it is jammed at the exit, that is, at the end, then pull in the direction of printing.
- You need to pull the letter carefully, evenly Distribute all efforts.
- Torn paper? There is nothing critical about this. Use ordinary tweezers to remove leftovers and small pieces.
- After all the procedures, I return the cartridge to its place. Remember to close the printer cover.
- It remains only to turn on the device and check its performance.
Why does the printer print blank white sheets? Simple reasons
Reboot the equipment, the problem may disappear by itself.
Turn off the computer via “Start”. “Shutdown”.
The mains cable may be accidentally pulled out during cleaning, the quality of the connection could be disrupted when rearranging furniture or playing pets. It is worth checking the integrity of the wire and the connection of the computer device with printers in general.
If the printing device is just purchased and immediately produces white sheets, you need to check whether all films or protective fuses were removed during unpacking. Check if there are films on the nozzles, nozzles and chips in the inkjets. In laser printers, the protection is glued to the photo roll and chips.
Empty paper may come out due to protective stickers, which were attached by the service center to prevent ink from leaking after refilling the cartridge.
White pages may be caused by the paper type selected in the settings. Find in the instructions for the printer the characteristics of the paper with which it can work, and compare with the used.
Go to the printer settings and check the parameters of the sheets with the topics that are in the tray.
- Click “Start”. “Control Panel”.
- Select from the list “Devices and Printers” (or immediately enter the command Control printers after clicking on WindowsR).
Blank sheets in the document
If you do not preview a large document and DO NOT delete pages without text from it, then the printer simply passes them through without printing.
If there are no extra blank sheets, change the editor, through which printing is done. For example, replace Word with Adobe Reader or Excel.
Blank pages due to software problems
In modern printers, it is possible to print a test sheet without a computer. There is a button on the body or a built-in screen.
Incorrect or lost settings
Parameters can fly off due to voltage surges or user actions. Check the printer’s connection port first. For local devices, this is usually USB001. For a network printer, the port must match the one specified during installation or the network name of the machine.
- Go to “Devices and Printers”.
- Find yours and right-click on it.
- Open “Printer Properties”.
- In the “Ports” tab, check that the checkbox is next to USB001 or similar in the list of ports.
- Uncheck the box next to LTP, if there is one. It also becomes a prerequisite for the release of unprinted sheets.
In the print settings, check the box next to “Print text only” or “Print image only”. If the checkboxes are checked, the device will not output text on paper if only picture printing is configured.
Print queue hung
- In the context menu, select “View print queue”.
- In the window that opens, click on the “Printer” menu and “Clear print queue”.
The queue file is damaged
If you cannot clear the queue, and the printer continues to print blank sheets, simultaneously hold down WindowsR:
- Run the command “services.Msc”;
- From the list of services that opens, select “Print Manager” and right-click on it;
- Stop the dispatcher’s work;
- Find the Printers folder on the system drive and delete all contents from it. It is usually located at C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ spool \ PRINTERS;
- We start the dispatcher again.
Old or damaged drivers
Fix the situation by completely reinstalling the drivers. The software is taken from the installation disc or downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. You can also find it by running the search for updated Windows or Using the automatic driver installer.
The old driver is removed from the computer and a reboot is made for the changes to take effect. If using the installation disc, follow the wizard.
Blank sheet due to virus / antivirus
The problem is typical for devices operating in a local network.
- Launches antivirus.
- Find all malicious files by scanning.
- We delete them.
- Reinstall the printer driver completely.
- Check the integrity of the system files with the built-in Windows sfc utility. To run it on the command line, type “sfc / scannow”. Finding and restoring damaged system files can take time.
Sometimes the antiviruses themselves, if configured incorrectly, become a prerequisite for the lack of printing. Temporarily Disable your anti-virus software and Print the document.
If Kaspersky is installed, in the settings Change the network type:
- Go to “Firewall settings”;
- Open “Network Properties”;
- Choose your network and in the “Network type” block click on “Trusted”.
Additionally, you can turn off the Windows firewall, which is also considered as an element of protecting your computer from viruses.
Windows and printer incompatibility
The problem of installing a virtual computer with the required OS is eliminated. The solution is called Virtual Box and is provided free of charge by Oracle. First, the “machine” itself is downloaded and installed, and then the distribution kit of the required OS. The printer is connected to the virtual computer and printing is done through it.
Print application problem
After reinstalling Windows, applications may not work correctly, and test printing or transferring ink to paper through other editors runs without problems.
You can establish that the reason is in the application itself as follows:
- Make printing through other applications.
- You are trying to print files in a different format. You can save to PDF and try to print using Acrobat Reader.
- Checking if the correct printer is selected.
- Reinstall Problem application.
- Out of dye. When the print cartridge is nearly empty, the ink or toner save mode is activated and the pages may NOT be printed. Refueling required.
- Dye is dry, remove the cartridge and wipe it with a clean cloth. If there is a clear ink print on it, everything is fine. If the mark is subtle or absent, cleaning the surface of the nozzles and nozzles is required. In printers with a printhead, ink channels are checked. If necessary, they are cleaned of dried paint.
- The head is overheated. If there is a large volume of printing, it is necessary to take small breaks from time to time so that the technique “rests”.
With separate nodes
In inkjet printers, the printhead microcircuits are damaged mechanically or by ink. And in inkjet inkjet systems Canon, HP, Epson can get air and images of a plug, which prevents normal ink supply. Similar problems occur when the dye supply tube is bent.
There are many more structural elements in laser, which can be damaged:
- Photo and magnetic shaft;
- Cleaning blade;
- Waste toner bin;
- Counter and chip on the cartridge;
White sheets on Canon printers
The reason is not long enough train. Normally, the carriage with cartridges reaches the shaft, touches the sensor, which sends it to move in the opposite direction. With a short train, this does not happen, the text is not printed, and the paper is jammed. If the warranty period has not expired, Contact the SC to replace the loop with a longer one.
The product does not take paper from the tray. what to do?
There can be many reasons why the device does not pick up paper. The video below discusses the main ways out of this situation.
Screenshots with a short explanation will follow.
There may be a failure in the software of the device. The best remedy for this is a reboot.
- Including printer.
- Wait for the preparation to complete and unplug the power cord from the back of the device.
- If there is a separate power supply, then you must disconnect it from the outlet.
- HP recommends leaving the device unplugged for at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into an outlet, connect the other end to the printer.
- The device should turn on automatically. If this does not happen, turn it on with the button.
- We print any report using a printer. To do this, you need to hold down any button for a few seconds or choose to print a report from the control panel. (How to print a report can be found in the instructions for the device).
- If the report prints, you can continue working. If the paper is still NOT picked up, then go to the next step.
Perhaps the reason is the quality of the paper.
- Remove everything from the feed tray.
- Remove mints and damaged leaves.
- Make sure to use plain paper (80 g / m²) of the same size.
- Before installing, “knead” it and level it by knocking on a flat surface.
Load for dough, 10 to 25 sheets in the tray until it stops, and slide the paper guide to align the stack.
Sheets Must lie flat and move freely along the guide.
- Trying to print a report. If the printing “goes”, we return to work. Otherwise, go to the next step.
Removing foreign objects
Something might have gotten inside the printer and caused it to malfunction.
- Disconnect the device from the power supply.
- Clean the feed tray. If available Remove the feed tray and output tray.
- If it is a laser printer, remove the cartridge from the machine.
- Open all Possible Covers and look at the comments for any foreign objects or pieces of paper. If so, remove them.
- Assemble the device and load 10 to 25 sheets.
- Turn on the printer and try to print a test page.
If the problem persists, go to the next step.
The pick rollers may have become dirty with use. For cleaning, you can use: a clean, lint-free cloth, cotton swabs, clean water. It is advisable to use distilled water or from under a filter.
It is not recommended to use alcohol and other cleaning agents.
- Disconnect the power.
- If the pick rollers are easily accessible. Wipe them with a cloth dampened with water.
If the rollers are in hard-to-reach places. Use a moistened and wrung out cotton swab.
- Assemble the printer, turn it on and print a test page.
- If the problem persists, try printing the test page again. When the capture mechanism starts to work, manually, submit one letter. You need to push it inward a little.
If the printer still does NOT want to accept sheets, then you can repeat the cleaning of the feed rollers.
If the problem persists, go to the next step.
Changing the settings in the print driver
- Open any document for printing (e.G. Microsoft Word).
- Press [CTRL] [P] to open the print window.
- Select the desired printer if you have several, and click “Properties”.
- In the “Features” tab, select “Paper Type” and “Size” from the respective drop-down menus.
Save your changes and try to print your document. If printing DOES NOT go, then it is advisable to contact the service center.
The device does not print, although there is ink in the cartridges / the printer sees the cartridges, but gives a blank sheet. what to do (cartridges with a filler sponge)
For a number of Canon, Epson and HP printers on cartridges of construction with fillers (see photo below), there is an actual problem: the cartridges (possibly PZK or CISS ink tanks) are still full of ink, but the device does not print some colors or gives out blank sheets. In this case, the cartridges are detected (error messages do NOT appear and printing is NOT blocked), but even repeated deep cleaning does not help.
A similar situation can be encountered on the following models of printers and all-in-one printer:
- Canon PGI-5 / CLI-8: iP4200, iP4300, iP4500, iP5200, iP5300, MP500, MP530, MP600, MP610, MP800, MP810, MP830, MX850.
- Canon PGI-520 / CLI-521: iP3600, iP4600, iP4700, MP540, MP550, MP560, MP620, MP630, MP640.
- Canon PGI-425 / CLI-426: iP4840, iP4940, iX6540, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MX714, MX884, MX894.
- Canon PGI-450 / CLI-451: iP7240, iP8740, MG5440, MG5540, MG5640, MG6340, MG6440, MG6640, MG7140, MG7540, MX924, iX6840.
- Canon PGI-470 / CLI-471: MG6840, MG7740, MG5740, TS5040, TS6040, TS8040, TS9040.
- Canon PGI-480 / CLI-481: TS6140, TS6240, TS6340, TS8140, TS8240, TS8340, TS9140, TS9540, TS9541C, TR7540, TR8540.
- HP 178: HP DeskJet 3070A, 3070, Photosmart 5510, B110, 7510, B110b, 6510, B010b, B210b, 5515, B109 Wireless, B109c, B209a, 5520, B110a, 7510, C5383, D5463, C5380, C310b, C6383. C410c, C6380, D7560, C309g, C6375, B8550, C309h, C6324, C310a, C309c, C5324, Premium Fax C410.
- HP 655: Deskjet Ink Advantage 3625, 3525, 4615, 4625, 5525, 6525.
- HP 920: OfficeJet 6000, 6500, 6500A, 7000, 7500A.
- Epson T26: Expression Premium XP-510, XP-520, XP-600, XP-605, XP-615, XP-620, XP-625, XP-700, XP-720, XP-800, XP-820.
If ink is present in the cartridges, but the device does not print, this may be due to 3 reasons:
- Air hole on cartridge is blocked.
- Ink does NOT pass through the PG channels (blockage or airlock).
- Ink from the cartridge goes to the SG (the filler is forgotten or the air hole is closed).
- Air leaks at the junction of the nozzles of the cartridge and the steam generator (the seals may have shifted or bruised).
Elimination of the problem
The best option is to check everything at once.
- Check that the air hole is open and allows air to pass through (in operating mode, the filling hole must be closed on the slam-shut valve and the air hole must be open).
- Make sure that the ink has NOT expired (after opening the package it is not recommended to use ink for more than six months).
General rules for the storage and use of ink
- Flush cartridges.
How to flush refillable refillable cartridges
- Flush printhead.
Flushing printheads using drip
- Remove, rinse, carefully inspect and put back the seals.
Why do you need silicone seals
Completely, all the described actions will take about an hour and a half. This is roughly comparable to the planned tech. Service. If the cartridges and ink can simply be replaced immediately, then the print head in such a situation definitely needs to be washed.
The product does not see the cartridges
These tips are relevant when the printer sees (detects) cartridges, but does not print as expected. If the printer gives an error message (does not see the cartridge), you should look for a solution in the following articles:
The printer prints blank sheets
Most of the users faced this problem. For many, this causes confusion and sometimes panic when it comes to urgent printing of a document. There are several reasons for this problem and ways to solve them. It is proposed to consider them in detail. So, what to do if the printer produces a blank white sheet.
Why does the printer print blank sheets:
Cartridge problems. If you have an inkjet model, it is likely that the print head is clogged. Because of this, ink is NOT sprayed onto the paper, which is why the printer produces clean paper. Self-cleaning will help to solve the problem.
It is also possible that the printheads break.
Out of paint. The most common reason is out of ink in the toner. Usually, the user himself begins to guess about this, because the print on the pages becomes fainter. over, modern devices notify the user that the ink supply is coming to an end.
There is another situation when the ink is elementary dried up. This applies in particular to inkjet models. After a certain period of time that no one has used the printer, the ink will dry out.
In both the first and second cases, replacing the cartridge or refilling it will help.
- One of the most common causes is printer fatigue. This applies when you have printed several large documents in a row.
- Defective high-voltage unit, which transfers the image with the help of discharges.
- Drum breakage due to loose contacts.
- The laser unit does not function and therefore does NOT transmit an image.
- The magnetic roller has stopped rotating, preventing ink from getting onto the paper.
You will NOT be able to cope with such problems on your own. Therefore, the only way out is to go to the workshop.
Why does the printer feed blank sheets
If the cartridge still contains ink, it is installed correctly, everything is in order with the device and the file format, then the problems may be as follows:
- Failure of software (drivers). A virus could get into the system, a software failure could occur, and it could also happen due to the installation of new equipment. What to do about it? You need to go to Device Manager on your computer, and find the Printers tab. If the problem is really in the drivers, then you will see a notification about this next to the device name. In any case, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
- The printer has broken down. The most varied parts are damaged: from the drum unit to the contact separation. Whatever it is, you cannot do without the help of service specialists.
- An error has occurred in the settings of the printing device. Unfortunately, this does happen sometimes, even with the latest printers. Due to errors, print saturation can be reduced to a minimum. To solve this problem, you need to go to the printer settings, and restore the default (standard).
- There is not enough memory on the computer. Check the free space on your PC’s internal storage. If it is not enough, then it simply cannot process your requests, due to lack of resources. Free memory on the hard disk must be at least 2 GB. This is enough for quality printing.
- Failure in the computer software. This could be due to the same viruses or software bugs. To verify this, you need to find in the instructions on how to print a test page. If printing succeeds, then the problem is clearly not the printer. I need to clean my PC.
- There is an error in the print queue. It may be clogged, preventing new documents from being printed. In order to check this, go to the printer settings and find the “View the print queue” section. Clean it if necessary.
User errors that could lead to the problem
- You yourself changed the cartridge, and forgot to remove the protective film in it, which prevents ink from getting on the paper. Or, because of this, the cartridge is recognized. The problem is not difficult to fix: Take out the cartridge and remove the tape.
- The document that you sent to print may have been improperly formatted with many blank pages. For reliability, double-check it.
- Incompatibility between printer and cartridge. Read the instructions and make sure the models are compatible.
- Use of substandard or unsuitable paper. The instructions for the device should say what type of paper it is compatible with. Sheets may be of the wrong density or thickness.
- Incorrect connection. Cables tend to fail or you might have gotten snagged while cleaning.
When the test print of the pages is successful and there is no breakdown in the printer, the program is the cause of the problem.
Some users complain that after updating the operating system, the printer stops printing documents from a specific application. Try to print something from Notepad to be sure.
When the problem is identified, it is suggested to perform the following actions:
- Print the document from an alternative application (if available).
- Believe me, the wrong printer may be selected by default.
- There is a chance that the file format you have chosen is not compatible with the operation of the program. Try using another.
- Reinstall the program.
Bug fixes software level
To find system errors, use the built-in search. To do this, you need to find your printer in devices (in the device manager), right-click on it and launch “Troubleshoot”. At the end of the search, the system will independently identify and fix the problems that can be diagnosed.
After that, you need to use the utility from the manufacturer. If it was not installed along with the drivers, then find it yourself.
When the utility finishes diagnostics, fix all found errors. If the printer spits out blank sheets and further, then we are looking for the reason in another.
Eliminate hardware errors
Take out the cartridge and check that there are no signs of oxidation on any part of it. All contacts Must be clean.
What other actions of the device, besides printing blank sheets, signal the presence of internal errors:
- Systematic shutdown after printing multiple sheets.
- Leds do not light up as usual.
- Continue reading “skewed”, the letters fall on top of each other.
- Text Printed, but with spaces.
Light damage can be repaired by yourself. To do this, it is enough to have spare parts, tools and guides, which can be found on the Internet.
What to do if the device does not see the cartridge
If you think the problem is with cartridge and printer compatibility, do the following: Print a test page offline. But not everyone in the model has this function. You can read more about this in the user manual that comes with the device.
How to solve this problem:
If you have tried all possible options, but the printer continues to skip blank sheets, then you should contact the wizards. Or write / call the manufacturer’s Support.
The printer has become a stack of paper while printing. Causes and solutions to the problem
Some users of laser office equipment face the following problem: smears the printer or all-in-one printer. The corresponding question arises, what to do in this case? In general, there are quite a few ways to solve this problem, and one of the reasons that the printer prints dirty may be in its cartridge. Therefore, you should check your printer with another consumable, and it is desirable that it was original. If the new cartridge did not disappoint you and the printer began to work properly with the printers, then the problem is definitely in the consumable. In addition, spots when printing on a laser printer may appear after refilling the cartridge.
If the device smears during printing and at the same time stripes appear on the surface of the paper, then the problem of this situation is spilled toner. A possible cause is the wear of the squeegee blade (cleaning blade) between the waste toner box and the drum. It is also possible that some foreign object got into this gap or the bunker was simply overfilled with mining. Thus, if the laser printer prints dirty precisely because of the listed reasons, then first of all, pull out and disassemble its cartridge, after which we will replace its doctor blade. Then you just have to pour out all the spent coloring matter, thoroughly clean the reservoir and refill the laser cartridge.
If a smudging and smearing printer leaves a rather dirty tone on the surface of the paper, then the problem is probably in the dirty optics or the charging roller. provided that the printer contains good quality toner. If the coloring matter is of questionable quality, then it is advisable to completely clean the printer cartridge of the old toner and replace it with a new one, of higher quality and more expensive.
If, as before, the laser printer stains the paper and various spots began to appear on the printouts, which are repeated at approximately the same intervals, then the reason may lie in an unevenly worn out photo roll. In this case, you can try to restore it using a special technology, but the easiest and easiest way is to replace this component of the printing device.
If the image began to duplicate on the printed sheet, then the answer to the question of why the printer smears is in the charging roller, which does NOT restore the charge on the surface of the photo roller. Another reason is the presence of poor electrical contact with the charging shaft, which may be completely worn out. The problem can be solved by completely replacing the shaft or restoring contact.
Fine vertical and poorly printed lines are caused by build-up of dye on the edge of the metering blade. In this case, you should carefully clean the edge of the stuck toner or simply replace this blade. An article about the main defects in the printing of laser cartridges will help determine the problem of your cartridge.
If, with other consumables, your device continues to smear the paper when printing, then the problem lies in the printer itself. The cause of the dirt can be checked using the so-called. Stop test. For this purpose, start the device to print and open the covers. Or you can simply unplug it from the power while the paper is under the imaging drum of the consumable, but it does NOT have time to get into the fusing unit yet. If the letter of the paper is completely clean, then this indicates that it is getting dirty in the fixing unit.
What should be done to find out why a laser printer smears? To do this, first of all, pay attention to the state of the Teflon roller or thermal film. On the surface of these products, there may be various kinds of defects or burnt-on coloring matter accumulates. In addition, the problem may lie in insufficient heating of the listed elements.
Check the pressure of the sensor, which is responsible for temperature control, or assess its external condition. it is possible that some toner deposits have appeared on its surface, which must be carefully removed. Sometimes the prerequisite is that the rubber shaft shell has started to peel off. To diagnose this element, you will have to disassemble the entire fastening unit. Also, the printer may smear due to incorrectly set paper settings. For example, they can be designed for thin sheets, and you use fairly thick paper instead. Often a print defect is associated with the electronics of the device, and in this case, you will have to use the services of specialists.
The printer is blurry. Possible causes and solutions to the problem
If the all-in-one printer or the printer does not print clearly, you should not immediately call the master, because you can fix this malfunction with a serious attitude to business with your own hands. In general, this kind of problem is quite common among users of such office equipment. One of its reasons, for example, may be incorrectly selected paper. Therefore, it is better not to skimp on buying it and DO NOT give preference to the option with too low density. In addition, it is possible that the wrong density parameters are set in the device settings.
If you do not know the specific value that corresponds to your printer model, then try experimenting, setting different density options. If the image does not become clearer from this, then read the recommendations listed below. perhaps they will help you, otherwise Contact the service center.
Solving a problem with an inkjet printer
So, if the printer prints blurry, then select the “Printers and Faxes” item in the control panel and right-click on the desired device to open its properties. Then go to the “Maintenance” tab and find the following option there: “Align printheads”.
According to the instructions that came with your printing device, calibrate consumables, i.E. Cartridge. To solve this problem on some devices, you can do the following: press the “Ok” and “Cancel” keys. While holding them, click also on “Black” / “Color”. you can find them on the front panel of the device. After about 5 seconds of holding, reboot the device.
In addition, you can solve the problem of blurry printing using the so-called mode. Self-cleaning, you can run it directly through your computer. For this purpose, start your printer software and click on “Options” / “Settings” in the tab with the utility. Then you just need to find the self-cleaning option and run it.
Try reinstalling the printer driver or updating to the most recent version for the time being. You can find and download the driver on our website or on the official website of the manufacturer of your office equipment.
Be sure to check that the cartridge is securely seated inside the machine. The fact is that, possibly, the fixing elements are slightly damaged, which, in turn, negatively affects the print quality. Examine them carefully for various damage and, if necessary, buy a new consumable.
Occasionally, the problem of blurry printing encountered in inkjet printers is associated with the positioning tape, which is also called the “encoder”. The fact is that if in any place this part is stained with grease or ink, then the carriage of the device will simply pass by this area. To troubleshoot a printing problem, you first need to make sure that the encoder tape is actually dirty. If so, open the cover of the device and, by unplugging the power cord, find this tape. You need to wipe this part carefully, and not make extra efforts, otherwise it will jump off its mounts, and it will be very difficult to put it back in place. you will need to disassemble the device. As for directly wiping, then for this, use alcohol or a special liquid for flushing the cartridges and lint-free material or even toilet paper.
Solving a problem with a laser printer
If you are concerned about blurry laser prints, the possible cause of this defect is paper quality. Find manufacturers’ recommendations on this matter, if they are not there, then you will have to experiment, bought 5-10 sheets of several types of paper for test printing. Another similar reason is related to the toner. perhaps its quality or type does not match your printer model.
The cause of the appearance of a blurry image can also be the light or wear of the photo tube. To eliminate it, you need to remove this part in some dark place for about a week, then put it back in place and perform a test print. It should be noted that the fact of illumination is expressed in dark horizontal stripes, which alternate through the circumference of the drum.
In addition, it is possible that the photo cartridge is light up, and stained with dirt or dyes. Do not use sharp objects to clean this part. If you notice some damage to its coating, then Contact the masters or, if you know how, We will make an independent replacement of the drum unit. Another reason for the above problem may be due to excessive adhesion of toner to the magnetic roller due to its contamination or static discharge of the area.
In general, the reasons listed in this article and recommendations for their elimination will certainly help you to eliminate a printing defect manifested in the form of blurred images. But please note that if you are poorly aware of what the printer consists of, then it is better NOT to try to solve some of the problems yourself.