SMB 1.0 and problems with Master Browser in Windows 10
It happens that problems with displaying computers in a network environment are related to the Master Browser service. This service is responsible for building and maintaining a list of active computers on the network (more about the Computer Browser service). There can be only one active computer with the role of master browser on the local network.
In Windows 10 1703, the Network Browser service does not work correctly. It is recommended to completely disable this service on Windows 10 and use a Windows 7 computer (or Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 if you have already deprecated Windows 7 due to the end of support) as the primary network browser. Master Browser settings can be set through the registry.
In addition, in Windows 10 1709 (1803, 1809, 1903, 1909), the SMB v1.0 protocol is disabled by default, thereby disabling the Computer Browser service. It is this service on Microsoft networks that is responsible for compiling a list of computers on the network and displaying them (before switching to SSDP and WS-Discovery protocols).
If you only have computers with Win 10 1709 or higher on the network (see the table for compatibility of SMB v1 versions), and you still want to use the Network Browser service, you will have to enable the SMB v1.0 protocol on at least one computer (unsafe! ).
Installing SMB 1.0 is accomplished by adding the following components to the control panel:
- SMB 1.0 / CIFS client
- SMB 1.0 / CIFS Server
Either you can enable SMB client and server 1 from OptionalFeatures.exe or with DISM commands:
Dism / online / Enable-Feature / FeatureName: “SMB1Protocol-Client” Dism / online / Enable-Feature / FeatureName: “SMB1Protocol-Server”
If you nevertheless enabled the SMBv1 protocol, to designate the current computer as the master Master Browser on the network, run the commands:
reg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Browser \ Parameters” / v IsDomainMaster / t REG_SZ / d True / freg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Browser \ Parameters” / v MaintainServerList / t REG / Yes / f
This computer will be your Master Browser.
Windows 10 does not see computers in Network Neighborhood
Readers have approached me several times with a request to help solve the problem with displaying computers in a networked environment in the latest builds of Windows 10. Indeed, in the latest releases of Windows 10, your computer may stop seeing neighboring computers in a workgroup on a local network, or it may not display itself in a networked environment. on other computers. Let’s see how to fix it.
Enable network discovery in Windows 10
In Windows 10 1803 (Spring Creators Update), the developers removed the ability to create a homegroup of computers, in addition, computers with Windows 10 no longer appear in the Network Neighborhood of Explorer when viewing network devices.
The fact is that from the point of view of Microsoft, workgroups are outdated functionality of organizing a local network for accessing shared resources and printers. Instead of using a workgroup, Microsoft suggests using their cloud services (OneDrive or access through Microsoft Accounts), in my opinion this is unjustified.
However, in fact, in order to gain access to the resources of another computer on the local network in Windows 1803, you need to know its name (\\ pcname1) or IP address (in the format \\ 192.168.1.100), but neighboring computers are not displayed in the network environment. However, this can be fixed.
The fact is that a separate Function Discovery Provider Host service is responsible for detecting neighboring computers on the Windows 10 network, and another service is responsible for detecting your computer. Function Discovery Resource Publication.
These protocols replace NetBIOS over TCP / IP, which was historically used to discover devices on Master Browser networks. Accordingly, you can safely disable NetBIOS for your network adapters.
After installing some builds of Windows 10, these services may be disabled (startup type changed from Automatic to Disabled). If these services are stopped, the computer is not discoverable by other computers on the network, and it cannot discover others by itself. You can enable Autodiscover services in Windows 10 like this.
- Open the Windows Services Management Console (services.msc);
- In the list of services, find the FunctionDiscoveryResourcePublication service;
- Change the service start type from Manual to Automatic (Delayed Start);
- Similarly, enable the FunctionDiscoveryProviderHost service;
After rebooting, other computers on the local network will be able to detect this computer and its resources (printers and shared folders).
Windows 10 computers not showing in Networked Workgroup Neighborhood
Users began to face problems displaying neighboring computers in the local network of a workgroup since Windows 10 1703 (Creators Update). After installing this (or a newer version of Windows 10), your computer may stop seeing neighboring computers when browsing devices in Network Neighborhood.
The list of computers in Network Neighborhood can be viewed in Explorer or with the command:
If the list is empty (the command returned There are no entries in the list.), First check the following settings.
Check if your file and folder access service is enabled. Go to the Control Panel section. Network and Sharing Center. Additional sharing options.
Make sure you have the following options enabled in the current network profile section Private / Private (current profile):
- Turnonnetworkdiscovery Turnonautomaticsetupofnetworkconnecteddevices
- Turn on file and printer sharing
Let Windows manage homegroup connections (if you have a homegroup).
Then, in the All networks profiles, activate the options:
- Turn on Sharing (Turnonsharing) so that network users can read and write files in shared folders;
- Disable password protection. TurnoffpasswordProtectSharing (if you trust all devices on your network).
Then open Windows Settings. Network and Internet. Ethernet (if you are connected to a local network via a wireless adapter, select Wi-Fi). Click on the network icon and check that the option “Make this computer discoverable” is enabled.
To enable discovery, you need to run the command in the command line with administrator rights to allow network discovery traffic (Network Discovery) in Windows 10:
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group = “Network Discovery” new enable = Yes
Get-NetFirewallRule.DisplayGroup “Network Discovery”.Enabled True.Action Allow.Direction Inbound
Or manually enable the Network Discovery protocol at least for the Private network in the Windows Defender Firewall settings (Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Windows Defender Firewall \ Allowed apps).
It happens that a Windows computer may not appear in Network Neighborhood due to incorrect workgroup settings. Try to re-add this computer to the workgroup by reapplying the settings (Control Panel. System. Advanced system settings. Computer name. Identification button).
In the wizard that opens to join a domain or workgroup, select in sequence: The computer is part of the corporate network. My organization uses a network without domains. the name of your team. After that, you need to restart your computer.
If, after restarting, your computer appears in Network Neighborhood, but you cannot access it, check the computer’s network type. Most likely your local network was recognized as Public. You need to change the network type to Private. To do this, open Options. Network and Internet. Condition. Home group. Changing your location on the network.
Click on the link Change location on the network, then in the sidebar with the request “Do you want to allow other computers and devices on this network to find your PC? We recommend that you do this on your home or work network, not on public ones ”, select“ Yes ”.
Open Network Neighborhood and check if nearby computers are shown.
If the above tips did not help, and computers in the workgroup are still not displayed, try resetting the network settings (Settings. Network and Internet. Status. Reset network).
You can reset network settings and firewall rules with the commands:
netsh int IP reset reset.txt netsh winsock reset netsh advfirewall reset
Then you need to restart your computer.
Then restart your computer. Windows should automatically detect your network card and install the appropriate drivers. In this case, all old protocol settings for the network card will be reset.
Also check if the following services are running (to display the network environment correctly, they should be in the auto-starting state). Open the services.mcs console:
- FunctionDiscoveryProviderHost. fdPHost (Discovery Function Provider Host). responsible for discovering other computers on the network.
- FunctionDiscoveryResourcePublication. FDResPub (Function Discovery Resource Publishing, see below). is responsible for ensuring that other computers can discover your computer on the network;
- DNS Client. dnscache (DNS Client Service);
- SSDP Discovery. SSDPSrv (SSDP Discovery Service);
- UPnP Device Host. upnphost (Universal PNP Device Host);
In some cases, third-party antiviruses and firewalls can block NetBIOS name requests, WDS and broadcast DNS requests (there was definitely a problem with ESET NOD32). Try to temporarily disable your antivirus / firewall and check if network discovery is working on Windows 10.
Windows 10 does not see network folders
In some cases, Windows 10 can see a neighboring device in Network Neighborhood, but cannot display a list of network folders on it. Most often this is accompanied by the error “0x80070035. Network path not found”. The solution to this problem is described in this article.
If a neighboring computer (device) is visible on the network, but when you try to open any network folder from Network Neighborhood or by UNC path (\\ Computer_name_or_IP), the error appears “You cannot access this shared folder because your organization’s security policies are blocking the guest unauthenticated access ”. In this case, you need to enable the AllowInsecureGuestAuth registry parameter (details in the article at the link):
reg add HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ LanmanWorkstation \ Parameters / v AllowInsecureGuestAuth / t reg_dword / d 00000001 / f
Windows 10 does not see the network or network folders: configuration and bug fixes
Hello everyone! I have been working as an engineer for several years and recently began to notice that the main problem in Windows 10 is that computers on this OS do not see each other. In 40% of cases, this happens after the update: 1709,1803, 1809, 1903, 1909. where support for “Computer Browser” and SMB 1 was disabled. In other cases, the problem may be due to incorrect configuration of the sharing or the address of the network adapter. First of all, go to the command line. press on the keyboard on the keys “WIN” and the English letter “R”. We register the command “cmd” and press “Enter”.
First of all, we need to make sure that the computers have an IP from the same subnet. I will show it on the example of two PCs. on both we prescribe:
We look at the line “IPv4”. it is necessary that on both devices the first three digits are strictly the same. For example, 192.168.1.42 and 192.168.1.43. the last digit can be any in the range from 10 to 254 (also, as you understand, they must be different on the local network).
We learned the IP addresses, now we need to ping one of the computers. On one of the computers, you need to register the “ping” command and, separated by a space, the IP address of the second machine. For example, in my case:
Next, you should see how packets are sent and returned. If all is well, then try to open Explorer or “Computer” and enter the IP manually in the address bar. for example:
You can also use the computer name that is registered on the network:
If the packets are not getting through, then check that the computers are connected to the network via cable or Wi-Fi to the same router or switch. Let me remind you that when connected via a LAN cable, the port on the computer should start to light up. Also, packets may not reach the destination if the IP addresses are configured incorrectly. see the last chapter of this article for configuring IP.
How to screen cast Xiaomi mobile phone with Windows 10 Laptop (MIUI 12)
NOTE! If the indicator is off, then most likely the cable is crimped incorrectly. he himself came across this, so we just re-crimp it or change it to a new one.
If the computer does not see other computers at all, but pings, and the IP settings are displayed correctly, then we will start by checking the general access, as well as with small OS settings.
First of all, you need to check the general access in the “windows” settings. For this:
- Go to the “Control Panel”. this can be done through the “Start” menu, or by clicking on the “Win” and “R” buttons and writing the command “control”.
- Go to the network control center.
- Go to the general access section.
- In the “Private” networks section, you need to enable network discovery and file and printer sharing. otherwise the PC on the network will be visible, but access to it will be closed
- Just in case, open the section “All networks” and enable the first parameter in the section “Sharing public folders”.
- Also, be sure to remove password protected access.
How to cast Xiaomi Phone to Laptop 2021 Windows 10 Pc [100% Working]
- Next, you need to go to “Settings” (“Start”. gear icon).
- Go to the “Ethernet” or “Wi-Fi” section. depending on how you are connected. Click on network connection.
- Make sure the slider for detecting this computer on the network is enabled (it is not in the new update). Also check that the private network is enabled.
Next, we check the network connection. If there is no second computer, then go ahead.
If the computers still do not see each other, then in the “Parameters” again go to “Network and Internet”. On the “Status” tab at the very bottom of the window, find and click on “Home Group”. Now click on “Change location in the network” and confirm the action.
If this does not help, then immediately click on “Reset network”. After that reboot.
If this does not help, then the reset can be done through the “Power Shell”. we enter three commands in a row:
netsh int IP reset reset.txt netsh winsock reset netsh advfirewall reset
ATTENTION! Microsoft has removed the ability to customize a workgroup in new updates. skip this chapter.
You also need to go to the system parameters. To do this, right-click on “Computer” and select “Properties”, or simultaneously press on “Win” and the “Pause” key. Go to additional parameters and on the “Computer name” tab, click on the “Identification” button.
- Choosing a corporate network.
- Using a network without a domain.
- On both computers, you need to specify the same workgroup, by default it is “WORKGROUP”.
After that, we restart both computers and then check the network.
Doesn’t open folders
If Windows 10 does not see network folders, but at the same time goes to computers, then you need to enable guest login without authentication. We go to the “Local Group Policy Editor” (WinR = gpedit.msc). if you cannot start the editor, then it has been removed by Microsoft. In the “Computer Configuration” we go along the path: “Administrative Templates”. “Network”. “Lanman”. we find the parameter “Enable insecure guest logins”, open it and enable.
Also, do not forget to share the necessary folders and printers.
Why Android phone is not visible on the computer via USB and only charging takes place. simple reasons and solutions
Before proceeding with additional methods for solving the problem when the phone is not visible through the USB connection, I recommend paying attention to the following simple points: very often the reason turns out to be one of the following:
- If you took a USB connection cable from a non-original cheap charging or bundled with another device (for example, to charge wireless headphones or another device that is not intended for receiving and transmitting data), then this may be the reason: not all cables can transmit data, there are no corresponding contacts, and outwardly it is not noticeable. The solution is a working cable with guaranteed data transfer capability.
- If you are faced with the fact that when you connect a smartphone to a computer, it is not visible, and recently the phone was repaired and something related to the board or connector was repaired, it is highly likely that the repair caused the problem: very often the connectors are soldered so that after that only charging works properly. The solution is just to redo.
- If you have Mac OS, just install Android File Transfer app for data transfer capability, official website: https://www.Android.com/filetransfer/
- If you still have Windows XP, install the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) driver. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?ID=19153
Additionally, keep in mind that connecting even with a working cable through a USB hub (USB port splitter) to a faulty USB connector on a computer or laptop, and sometimes to the front panel of a PC may cause the problem under consideration. Try a direct connection to USB, another connector, the back of the PC, if connected to a USB 3.0 connector (usually blue). check if the problem persists when connecting to USB 2.0.
And the last simple point: after connecting the phone to the computer, in order for it to appear in the explorer with the ability to view photos, videos and other files, you need:
- Unlock the phone when connected, if it is locked. you will not be able to access data on locked modern Android phones.
- In the notification area, click on the USB connection notification (by default, most phones are connected only for charging). If the notification does not appear, more precisely, it does not say that this is a USB connection, but only a text about charging, then from the “point of view” of the phone, the connection does not serve for data transfer (wrong cable, damaged cable, connector on the phone or computer) Below are screenshots with the appearance of the notification on pure Android 9 and 8, on Samsung Galaxy and on Android 6-7.
- Select MTP file transfer mode for USB connection. On older versions of Android, there may also be an item for connecting as USB Mass Storage, it will also work, and it may work even better.
If the listed methods did not help, let’s move on to more complex fixes.
How to fix if the computer does not see the phone connected via USB. additional methods
If your phone does not connect via USB to a data-capable computer, but only charges, try the following methods to fix the problem.
The computer does not see the phone via USB. why and how to fix it
If you are faced with the fact that the phone does not connect via USB, that is, the computer does not see it to transfer files, but only charging occurs, while the connection sound is played, this manual provides details on how to fix this and enable the ability to view content phone memory when connected via USB cable.
The steps below are suitable for both latest and previous Android phones in case the smartphone is not visible after connecting via USB on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7 and XP or Mac OS.
What to do if the computer does not see the Android phone connected via USB. video instruction
Android Safe Mode, Developer Mode motherboard drivers and other nuances
Among other things, if the issue under consideration occurs, please note the following points:
- Enable developer mode on Android, and then enable USB debugging in the developer options and, separately, find the default USB configuration item in the developer settings and set the “File transfer” mode. May be helpful here: How to enable USB debugging on Android.
- If you used the USB modem mode on the phone, in the settings (usually in the “Connections” or “Network and Internet”. “Access point and modem” section), turn off the “USB modem” option.
- If the phone is no longer visible after reinstalling or updating Windows, install the original drivers of the motherboard, chipset from the website of its manufacturer or from the website of the laptop manufacturer if you have a laptop.
- Try restarting your Android phone in Safe Mode. If after that it became visible when connected to a computer, then most likely the reason is in some third-party applications, most often related to protection, control and similar.
- Try using the built-in troubleshooter in Windows: go to Control Panel. Troubleshoot. Hardware and Sound. Device Settings (in recent versions of Windows 10, the item is missing).
- If possible, try connecting your phone to another computer. If it is also not visible there, again, the matter is most likely in the cable or connector. over, the connector on the phone may stop functioning for transferring files simply due to the ingress of dirt or water, followed by oxidation of the contacts.
- They can also help (or they can create problems with other USB drives, so take it only if you are ready for this) methods regarding cleaning the drivers from the instructions The computer does not see the USB flash drive.
If none of the options helps to solve the problem, and the computer still does not see your Android smartphone, describe the situation in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев: what was done, after which the problem appeared, how does your device behave when connected via USB, has the cable been checked with another phone, and the problematic device is on another computer. I will try to help.
Checking phone operation (MTP device) in device manager
- Open Device Manager on your Windows 10, 8.1, or Windows 7 computer while your phone is connected. To open Device Manager, you can press the WindowsR keys on your keyboard, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Windows is the OS logo key.
- See if there is a device in the device manager named MTP (MTP Device, MTP Device) or the name of your phone (may be in the “Portable Devices” section).
- If there is, double click on it, go to the Driver tab, click Update driver. Search for drivers on this computer. Select from a list of available drivers on your computer and see the list. If it has more than one compatible device, try to select a different driver than the one currently installed, usually you need to select “USB MTP device”.
- If no new devices appear in the manager when disconnecting and connecting the phone via USB, this is another argument in favor of problems with the cable, connector on the phone or computer.
on this topic, if the device is displayed in the device manager with an exclamation mark, in a separate instruction Incorrect service installation section in this MTP INF file.
Changing the operating mode
An additional solution would be to change the operating mode of the media through the BIOS settings.
- Enter the menu responsible for the operating mode. Usually this is “Sata mode / As / Type”, “Sata controller” or similar.
- If “AHCI” is installed, then set “IDE”, or vice versa. This can be done using the “Enter” and “Arrow” keys. Save the settings.
- Restart your PC.
The device may not need to be initialized and Windows 10 cannot see the hard drive partitions due to letter conflicts. This happens when the letters of different partitions are the same, which disrupts the operation of the drive.
- Open “Manage” by right-clicking on the “My Computer” icon.
- In the left menu, navigate to “Disk Management”.
- At the bottom of the window, find the device with which you have problems and click on it with the right mouse. Click on “Drive letter changes”.
- Assign a new letter and click “Next”.
After completing the procedure, check the result.
If the hard drive is not displayed on my computer, but it is present in the BIOS, then most likely it is not initialized in Windows 10. I suggest doing this.
- Right-click on “Start” to bring up the context menu and go to “Disk Management”.
- At the bottom of the window, find the missing drive, right-click on it and select “Initialize”.
- If the media has a capacity of up to 2 TB, then check the box next to the name and check the “MBR” box, otherwise check the “GPT”. Click “Ok”.
- Now we need to create partitions. Right-click on the unallocated space and create a volume.
- Set the size of the volume and click “Next”.
- Enter any of the available letters and click “Next”.
- Select the “NTFS” file system and specify your preferred label (will be used as the name). If necessary, check the box for quick formatting and click “Next”. Then “Done”.
- Wait until formatting is complete and restart your PC. Usually the formatting process takes a few minutes. But the exact time depends on the characteristics of the HDD and the computer.
Often the hard drive is not detected in Windows 10 due to an incorrect “RAW” file system. over, if it contains important data, then it is extremely undesirable to format it, since all information will be deleted. Of course, data can be recovered using programs, but this is an additional waste of time. The best way out is to change RAW to NTFS, and if you do it right, then all the information will be saved.
Reinstalling the driver
Sometimes Windows 10 stops seeing the hard drive after installing fresh service packs or drivers. In this case, uninstalling the HDD controller driver helps.
- Go to Device Manager and expand the IDE Controllers category by clicking the arrow.
- With the right mouse click, remove the driver for each media. Operation requires confirmation.
- Reboot your computer.
This will roll back to the initial version of the software, which should fix the problem.
In the future, you can separately download the required software from the motherboard website or use a specialized solution for automatic updates.
Windows 10 computer does not see the hard drive. solving the problem
Often, when connecting a new device to a laptop or PC, it does not appear in the system. This happens for a number of reasons, for example, the SATA cable is poorly connected, the HDD was damaged during the installation process, the necessary settings were not specified, and much more. In this article, we will talk about why Windows 10 PC does not see the hard drive and what to do to fix the problem.
We carry out diagnostics
First you need to make sure that no mistakes were made in the process of connecting the hard drive. To do this, follow a series of simple steps.
- Check both SATA (data and power) cables. Make sure they are firmly seated in their respective connectors and not damaged.
- The noise of the hard drive is heard. At the same time, he should not emit extraneous sounds (squeaks, clicks, crackles), which indicate a possible malfunction.
- Check if the BIOS sees the hard drive. To do this, enter the BIOS, move to the section where the connected drives are displayed. This is usually the main screen or “Boot”. If the HDD is not visible, then most likely it is poorly connected or defective.
If no problems were identified during the diagnostics, then proceed to the next part.
Setting up the display via the command line
You can return the media to service through the command line. At this stage, you will need to be more careful, otherwise you can disable working drives.
- Open the command line by searching for the phrase cmd.
- Type diskpart and click “Enter”.
- Then run lis dis to display all connected devices.
- Select the HDD that is not detected by the system. To do this, enter select disk and specify its number.
- Next, run clean (be careful, the command will delete all data).
- Create a new partition with create partition primary.
- Next, we perform formatting using format fs = ntfs quick.
- Wait for the operation to complete, and set the name via assign letter = H (instead of “H” you can specify any other letter, as long as it is not used among other volumes).
- Enter exit.
The command line allows you to perform more complex operations, but it is advisable to have the necessary knowledge for this. And it is recommended to save important information before each use.
Free space allocation
The problem of unallocated space is common with new hard drives. These drives are already formatted and do not have partitions created. Therefore, Windows 10 does not see them.
- Click “WinR”, write diskmgmt.msc and click “OK”.
- Wait for the analysis of the connected media to complete.
- The available hard drives will be shown at the bottom of the window. Right-click on the unallocated space to bring up the menu and “Create a simple volume”.
- Set size.
- Assign a letter and click “Next”.
- Set the file system to “NTFS” and specify the label. The values of the remaining items can be left unchanged. Click “Next” and “Finish”.
- The formatting process will begin, after which a new section will be created.
Reopen File Explorer and see if the hard drive is visible among other drives.
Lost WI-FI in Windows 10. does not see the network
I want to share with you an interesting problem that happened to me and tell you how I solved it. Its essence is that WI-FI disappeared on my computer running Windows 10. Completely lost. By itself, the situation is typical: the drivers of the WI-FI adapter may fail, or it may fail altogether. I have encountered this repeatedly and all this is solved without problems. Here, looking ahead, I will say that the WLAN autotuning system service disappeared and I had to restore its work without reinstalling the operating system. I wonder how I did it? I will show you now!
Turning on my computer again, I noticed the home Wi-Fi network did not pick up and a globe-shaped icon glows in the tray, indicating that there is no Internet access.
By clicking on it, I opened the menu to connect manually, and to put it mildly, it was launched. The list is empty, the computer does not see wireless networks (and I have about a dozen of them in the availability zone). Then I was not struck by the absence in the menu of the buttons “Wi-Fi” and “Mobile Hot Spot”.
The first thought that came to mind was that the wireless network card was broken or its driver had crashed. Then I opened the device manager and looked in the “Network adapters” section. And there…
And then everything turned out to be fine. I opened the properties of the adapter and looked at its state. “The device is working normally”.
Then I opened the system parameters, went to the “Network and Internet” section and started troubleshooting. Yes, I know that she is almost stupid, but sometimes she can correctly indicate the direction of further actions.
And so it turned out. there was a problem “The Windows Wireless Service is not running on this computer.” That’s what it is, Mikhalych!
What is WLAN auto-tuning service In order not to burden you with long detailed explanations, I will tell you in short. This service is called WLANSVC and in Windows 10 it manages wireless connections. That is, it is responsible for the work of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: searching for networks, connecting to them, disconnecting and other related operations. If the service is turned off, then the computer will not be able to work with the WI-FI network.
Well, okay, let’s run it manually, as it is advised to do in a similar situation in all the instructions on the forums and blogs. We open “Computer Management”, go to “Services” and look for the service WLAN autotuning service there. We are looking for We are looking for And we do not find! Here is her place:
Oops! Where did she go? Once again, I carefully study the entire list of system services and still find it, but already as WlanSvc:
The state is stopped and does not start. An error is written instead of a description. What a twist! Various wild thoughts begin to creep into my head. Did the antivirus work and delete it as an infected object? Checked quarantine and logs. no! Windows update failed? Also no. The last update was installed a few days ago and since then there have been no problems.
Well then. Once it’s broken, it needs to be repaired. The first thing I decided to do was to perform a complete network reset. Windows 10 has this feature. To use it, open the Operating system settings, go to “Network and Internet” and at the very bottom of the “Status” page click on the link “Reset network”.
In the window that opens, press the “Reset now” button and then confirm the actions by clicking on the “Yes” button. After a couple of minutes, the computer will reboot, reinstall the drivers and clear the cache. Checking. did not help.
Then let’s try to go from the other side. On the desktop, right-click on the “This PC” icon. “Properties”. “Additional system parameters”. The System Properties window appears. Open the “System Protection” tab and click on the “Restore” button on it.
I have this feature enabled, I even have one rollback point. Excellent! I select it and start recovery. The process starts and after a few seconds crashes with an error. Failure again.
The next step I decided to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. the sfc / scannow command. Launched the command line with administrator rights, entered the command:
Xiaomi! ПК не видит смартфон при подключении как накопитель!
And again a mistake! By all indications, the system had some kind of serious failure. I opened the properties of the system drive and started checking it through the “Service” tab. So it is. errors on the disk were found and fixed. By the way, during the fix, the only existing rollback point was removed.
Thus, I found the reason, but everything turned out to be rather sad. In case of such failures, it is recommended to reinstall Windows 10. And I will definitely do it, but not today. Right now I need a work computer with Internet access. How to be?!
The solution was as follows. The relatives had a laptop with a ten. I rolled all the updates, then went to the C: \ Windows \ System32 folder and copied two files to the USB flash drive:
It is these system libraries that are responsible for the operation of the WLAN autoconfiguration service. They were absent on my PC and I copied them myself to C: \ Windows \ System32. After rebooting, the WI-FI network worked again as it should.
P.S.: Yes, I understand that the solution is crooked and, in its essence, is a crutch. Later, I will reinstall the operating system, but now I was able to restore the wireless network to work and this solution is fine for now! If someone knows another way to restore this service. write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Lost WI-FI in Windows 10. does not see the network: 3 Комментарии и мнения владельцев
The first time I see that a person could fully understand the problem and write about it in detail: thank you very much and this article helped me enable wna1100 on my win10zver after optimizing VMwsreOSOptimizationTools
Great article! The troubleshooting methods are described in great detail, thanks to the author!
Thank you so much! I didn’t want to re-roll Windows, there are a lot of programs and settings…. My dances with a tambourine lasted about a week And as a last chance, I started searching on the Internet again! Your article not only helped me, but simply put everything in its place!
Lack of drivers on the computer
Usually, the drivers are installed automatically after the first connection of the smartphone to the PC, however, if this has not happened, you should download and install the drivers yourself. You can find a driver for Redmi 4X for your operating system at this link. If, after installing them, the computer still does not see the phone, move on.
USB cable does not work
If the wire is damaged, the smartphone and PC will not be able to recognize each other. In this case, the computer and the phone can even react to the connection to each other. Examine the cable and its pins carefully for damage. Naturally, the only solution will be to buy a new USB cable.
What to do if the computer does not see Xiaomi Redmi 4x?
The Redmi 4x turns out to be surprisingly balanced in terms of performance, with MIUI firmware being considered one of the best Android adaptations. Nevertheless, the owners of the device often have one small nuisance. when connected, the computer does not see the Xiaomi Redmi 4X. It interferes with moving files between devices and syncing data.
The reasons why the PC does not see the Redmi 4X phone can be different. Fortunately, most of the problems are not serious, so fixing the problems is straightforward. Consider the possible causes and ways to eliminate them:
USB debugging mode not enabled
Sometimes devices refuse to interact with the PC if this function is not enabled. To activate debugging, you need to do the following:
- Go to smartphone settings;
- Select the section “About phone”;
- Press 7 to 10 times on the item “MIUI version”, after which you will get access to the developer mode;
- In the window that appears, first activate the “Developer settings” switches, and then “USB debugging”;
Smartphone connected like a camera
This type of connection provides for the synchronization of photo and video files, so the main storage of the phone on the PC is not displayed. In other words, if Redmi 4x is connected in this mode, you will not be able to use it as a removable media.
You can change the mode through the connection notification in the status bar: by pulling out the curtain, you must click on it and select the “File transfer” item.
In most cases, the above methods help to eliminate the trouble in which the computer does not see the Xiaomi Redmi 4x, however, there may be the following reasons for the problem: